PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Giants Wild Card Game Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Okay, we all know what's happened the last 2 times the Giants came to Lambeau for a playoff game. So I'm looking for some thing positive.

I saw Marshall Newhouse starting at RT for the Giants yesterday.

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Dammit, what about might band reference thread!

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:25 PM
About Shields status:

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 1h1 hour ago
@Junior_op We haven't heard from him in months, but Clinton-Dix did say he was still having headaches as recently as a few weeks ago.

gbgary
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
those other nyg games mean nothing. the key is obj and how he's defensed. they don't run well, eli is in consistant (sometimes terrible), good front 7. our o will have to click and/or be ready to adjust at a moment's notice. waiting until halftime to do it could prove fatal.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 01:57 PM
http://www.marincampfair.com/wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/include/images/SUMMER-CAMP-GALLERY2.jpg

RashanGary
01-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Just got a pair of nosebleed endzone seats for my 14 year old Giants fan son and I... He became a Giants fan when strahan tuck and osi beat Brady in 2007! He's a big football fan. Knows every penalty and detail like his old man.

Can't wait!!!! Both teams have a shot. Giants have the defense and QB. Packers have the pass rush potential if it starts clicking and dynamite offense to make a run! Gonna be a good game!!!

RashanGary
01-02-2017, 02:10 PM
About Shields status:

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 1h1 hour ago
@Junior_op We haven't heard from him in months, but Clinton-Dix did say he was still having headaches as recently as a few weeks ago.

Could they bring him back?

gbgary
01-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Could they bring him back?

that ship has sailed. not sure why it came up in this thread. it's mentioned in another thread as well.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
that ship has sailed. not sure why it came up in this thread. it's mentioned in another thread as well.

Would u please refrash my memory on why ship has sailed? I did a search and only thing I saw was that they could bring him back after 8 weeks upon putting him on IR.

Rutnstrut
01-02-2017, 03:00 PM
those other nyg games mean nothing. the key is obj and how he's defensed. they don't run well, eli is in consistant (sometimes terrible), good front 7. our o will have to click and/or be ready to adjust at a moment's notice. waiting until halftime to do it could prove fatal.

Actually their running game has gotten better as of late. Their back up RB is decent and GB's run defense has gotten soft like the rest of the defense.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Would u please refrash my memory on why ship has sailed? I did a search and only thing I saw was that they could bring him back after 8 weeks upon putting him on IR.

They brought back Dorleant instead.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Quinten Rollins (neck) spent the night in a Detroit hospital but has returned to Green Bay. "Everything's progressing in a positive manner," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "We still have some things we have to test, but everything so far is going very well. He just walked through the locker room a little bit ago."

Hoping this was just a neck stinger, which can be scary, but maybe not serious. He didn't play well, but at this point, they just need healthy bodies.

Guiness
01-02-2017, 08:02 PM

They used the designated to return expemption on Dorleant.

Tony Oday
01-02-2017, 08:30 PM
I predict Ty Montgomery starts at CB this week. He does everything else why not? ;)

AR needs to have his best playoff game of his career and the defense needs to hit Eli early and often.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 08:59 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Packers DT Mike Pennel's four-game suspension is over, but they have a roster exemption until Jan. 9. That means they don't have to make a decision until after Sunday's wild-card playoff game against the Giants if they don't want to.

My guess is they don't activate him this week. Might want to use him the next week if they have to play Dallas.