PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Week-end - other games

Guiness
01-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Early game is Raiders and Texans, two teams with messes at the QB position. Texans are in a better position, they haven't had decent QB play all year, and are in the playoff despite the play at that position. Raiders...had a guy who was a darkhorse for MVP.

Raiders QB not doing so well early. 4/12 for 41 yards and an INT...ouch. Oh, and -1 fantasy point, according to CBS Sports. smh that that 'stat' is there on the boxscore.

Freak Out
01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
How much is Brock getting paid? lol

Guiness
01-07-2017, 04:51 PM
And doesn't this blurb from PFT sum up this game that determines the sacrificial lamb that will play NE next week

When they faced a fourth down inside the Raiders’ 40-yard line, the Texans chose to punt, and Shane Lechler pinned the Raiders deep in their own territory.

Then the Raiders went three-and-out, and Marquette King shanked a punt for just 31 yards. That set up the Texans in Oakland territory, where Novak hit the field goal after an offensive three-and-out.

Texans score after a series in which their offense left the field after 3 plays? lol

Guiness
01-07-2017, 04:52 PM
How much is Brock getting paid? lol

Hey, he's the better man out there today, with four(4) fantasy points!

Pugger
01-07-2017, 06:03 PM
What a shame for Oakland and their QB situation. This game is a real snoozer.

gbgary
01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
det need to shift to eight in the box to stop these obvious runs.

RashanGary
01-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Houston looked strong against a bad rookie QB. They should play tough whoever they play. They looked solid.

Seattle looks ok. I'm not overly impressed. If we beat NYG, we'll be going to Dallas. Seattle will be going to Atlanta. I doubt they beat Atlanta on the road.

The games next week are going to be more interesting. Hope we can stay in it and see some signs of life from those CBs.

pbmax
01-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Its just not our weekend Justin.

Houston is going to play NE unless Miami beats Pittsburgh. If that is the matchup, NE will beat them by 30.

pbmax
01-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Packers will play Cowboys next Sunday. Seachickens get the Falcons on Saturday.

hoosier
01-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Its just not our weekend Justin.

Houston is going to play NE unless Miami beats Pittsburgh. If that is the matchup, NE will beat them by 30.

Too conservative. 45.

RashanGary
01-07-2017, 10:19 PM
We have a chance against Dallas. Of all the top teams, we match up best against them. Our run defense can be strong with Daniels, Guion, Pennel and Clark all fresh, plus Matthews, Perry and Peppers rotating outside.

Dak is good, but he's a rookie and we've become an opportunistic turnover defense, so I could see us taking one or two away from them.

I think we have a better chance against Dallas (on paper) than Atlanta. So we'll see. And Damarious Randall has shown to be a good player when he's healthy (which he pretty much hasn't been.) But you never know.... Randall could get healthy enough. Him and Gunter could hold down the corner spot with Hyde playing Woodsons nickle/dime spot. We have a chance to pull together. I really hope Damarious Randall gets healthy and plays like I know he can play down the stretch here.

Maxie the Taxi
01-07-2017, 10:23 PM
If the two games today are any indication, the refs are going to let them play in the secondary. Also, I thought Seattle/Detroit game very badly officiated. Pete Carroll is either the luckiest coach in the world, or the refs are intimidated by the Seattle crowd.

Fritz
01-07-2017, 10:58 PM
If the two games today are any indication, the refs are going to let them play in the secondary. Also, I thought Seattle/Detroit game very badly officiated. Pete Carroll is either the luckiest coach in the world, or the refs are intimidated by the Seattle crowd.

Agreed. Seattle got all the calls; Detroit got nothing.

Pugger
01-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Let's not talk about us and Dallas until we take care of business against the Gnats.

Pugger
01-08-2017, 12:45 AM
Agreed. Seattle got all the calls; Detroit got nothing.

The loins got jobbed on a couple of calls but what did them in was they couldn't stop Seattle's running game and Stafford's WRs did him no favors.

Bossman641
01-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Seahawks getting luck and calls? There's a surprise. Fuck them

pbmax
01-08-2017, 08:28 AM

Crowd does matter. Lotta NBA research that calls tilt toward the home crowd.

vince
01-08-2017, 08:52 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xICWEETSl_8/maxresdefault.jpg

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Crowd does matter. Lotta NBA research that calls tilt toward the home crowd.

Don't get me started on the God damned NBA POLICY of favoritism for certain teams and shitting on others. The NFL may occasionally get things wrong; They may RARELY even tilt a few calls toward home teams; But I'm convinced there is no pattern of favoritism, especially not sanctioned by the league like in the damn NBA.

pbmax
01-08-2017, 09:55 AM
Don't get me started on the God damned NBA POLICY of favoritism for certain teams and shitting on others. The NFL may occasionally get things wrong; They may RARELY even tilt a few calls toward home teams; But I'm convinced there is no pattern of favoritism, especially not sanctioned by the league like in the damn NBA.

I could be wrong because I cannot put my hands on it, but I think the NBA research (not sanctioned by the NBA, but conducted about their games) has been replicated for college games. Same thing holds true. Its not just the NBA, its human nature.

Shouty people make a difference.

red
01-08-2017, 11:38 AM
so the lions lost 5 or 6 to finish the year?

and you gotta feel bad for the raiders (well maybe not), sounds like they lost just about every good player they had in the last 2 or 3 weeks. the team they had yesterday was a shell of the team that got them to the playoffs

Maxie the Taxi
01-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Question: I've notice on kickoffs in college games (and I believe in some NFL games), the kick returner standing in the end zone will simply turn his back on a kick into the end zone without touching the ball and run over to his team's bench. Couldn't a member of the kicking team cover the ball and score a touchdown? Wouldn't it be pretty much the same as an onsides kick, just a longer one?

red
01-08-2017, 12:24 PM
antonio brown is awesome

red
01-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Question: I've notice on kickoffs in college games (and I believe in some NFL games), the kick returner standing in the end zone will simply turn his back on a kick into the end zone without touching the ball and run over to his team's bench. Couldn't a member of the kicking team cover the ball and score a touchdown? Wouldn't it be pretty much the same as an onsides kick, just a longer one?

i think its an automatic touch back when the returner lets it go into the endzone like that

Maxie the Taxi
01-08-2017, 12:26 PM
antonio brown is awesomeThe Packers haven't had a guy like Brown since Jordy's injury or maybe even since Greg Jennings' departure.

Freak Out
01-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Pitt OL just dominating on that TD.

pbmax
01-08-2017, 02:40 PM
If the Steelers can actually run, they might give NE a run for their money.

esoxx
01-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Meanwhile, Steelers asst coach Joey Porter arrested this evening for disturbance in south Pittsburgh bar, per ESPN.

Not a good look.

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2017, 05:15 AM

It certainly used to be that way. I think they must have changed the rule somewhere along the line - at least if the ball goes into the end zone on a fly. There was a play somewhere college or pro recently where it rolled in and the kicking team did recover it for a TD.

King Friday
01-09-2017, 05:46 AM
Tough to make a call on the AFC at this point. There was only one true playoff caliber team playing on wild card weekend over there. The Giants or Lions would've won against any of those other 3 teams besides Pittsburgh.