PDA

View Full Version : What are you like while watching?

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
What are you like while the Packers are on. I myself am rarely seated, mostly pacing around living room furniture. If they score the neighbors may call the police. If I won the powerball I think the celebratory action that ensued would be very close to that of my TD celebration.

How about you?

RashanGary
09-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I jump up and down....Can't help it, I get into the game. I've been watching as long as I can remember and it's one of those things that is just part of yearly tradition and I still enjoy it like I did when I was 10.

Fosco33
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Same here. My girlfriend swears that almost everything that comes out of my mouth (besides obvious cheer/jeers) is repeated by the announcers shortly thereafter - or not at all but should have been.

Last year I lost my luster for screaming when it really didn't matter anymore - I just wanted next season to start.

We're almost there!

Packnut
09-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I make sure I watch Packer games alone. I send my wife anywhere just to leave for a few hrs. I could never let anyone see me during a Packer game cause they would for sure call the men in the little white coats to haul my ass away!

Before every game I build a shrine to the football gods. I bring out every Packer thing I have and place it all over the living room.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Well you must need more stuff in the shrine from last year.

If I wear a certain jersey on gameday and they lose, I'll actually think long and hard the next week whether I wear it or not.

That's great isn't. Sad maybe :sad:

Badgepack
09-06-2006, 02:37 PM
If the 1st half isn't going well, I change my Packer attire to help turn things around.

I also perfer to watch the games alone, because if they lose, I don't want to talk to anyone about it.

pittstang5
09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Well you must need more stuff in the shrine from last year.

If I where a certain jersey on gameday and they lose, I'll actually think long and hard the next week whether I wear it or not.

That's great isn't. Sad maybe :sad:

Been there.

Mactush
09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I keep a bottle of asprin nearby to sooth the chest pains that occurred over a dozen times throughout the 2005 season.

The upside is, when my left arm goes numb it hurts less when I punch the door.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 02:40 PM
After last season I'm down to my Walmart Robert Brooks Jersey.

gbgary
09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
What are you like while watching?

lately..................depressed!

:mrgreen:

Tony Oday
09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I have a couple of Jerseys:
Hawk
Green
Edgar Bennet
Favre
Gado
Henderson

If they have a bad game while wearing the jersey its backinto the rotation!

pittstang5
09-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Last year I got irrate, frustrated, angry and resorted to throwing things at the tv over a bad call, play...whatever. Streams of profanity came running out of my mouth. I would spew forth silly anecdotes, like "My Grandmother can tackle better than you." (Oh, that was used alot in '04 too). Once in a while, my wife...God love her....gives me the old "It's just a game routine." This definitely doesn't help the situation.

This year, I'm going to try to just watch the games and not get upset over the outcome. I had such high hopes last year and I figure if I set my self up for dissappointment this year, a win will be so sweet. Besides, it maybe Favre's last year....I'm goiing to TRY to enjoy him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Don't ask me why, but if something good happens, I will punch who ever's next to me, which is usually my brother.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I guess it depends if I'm watching with my Viking friends/family around or not.

Generally, "I'll jump up and don if something cool happens."

Cobra Kai
09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I once lost my cool and choked a friend who was cheering against the Pack and taunting me while watching a game together...

We're still friends but we don't watch Packer games together anymore...

Tony Oday
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I once lost my cool and choked a friend who was cheering against the Pack and taunting me while watching a game together...

We're still friends but we don't watch Packer games together anymore...

He's Lucky you didnt sweep the leg!

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
YOU COBRA KAI CHEAT WITH YOUR LEG SWEEP!

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I jump up and down but last year, well....alot of 10 year olds would have been terrorized!

When a team is getting somewhat close to scoring, i will purposely turn the TV down and listen to the stadium noise because I get the outcome about 5 seconds earlier than the delay that is on TV :wink:

Sparkey
09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I prefer watching the game alone.

I have tried going to bars to watch, but just want too yel STFU already when people talk stupid. It was bad enough last year, wondering what the hell the coaching staff was on, without having some loudmouthed idiot spewing his "they'd be better with Nall starting" crap.

I enjoy FOCUSING on the game. Dissing the announcers for not knowing anything pertinent too the game at hand, and slowly counting to 10 to try and keep my blood pressure stable! hehe

Shit, reading what I just wrote scares me a bit.....

Joemailman
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Depends on the game. Sometimes the fist pump, sometimes jumping up and down. I tend to get more worked up if we're coming from behind than I do when we have the lead. 4th quarter against Carolina was the most worked up I got last year.

K-town
09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I scream at the TV alot. In the bar. My very helpful friends tell me "Yell louder, they'll hear you for sure next time." @ssbags.
If we're down and things are going poorly, then someone (me) will order a round of "rally shots" to turn the tide. A round like that usually costs about $20 for the 8-10 of us.
Needless to say, last year was very, VERY expensive for the gang.
Also got rides home from friends or took cabs a lot. Coincidence, I'm sure.

gbpackfan
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Away Games: My wife and dog run in fear. They will not watch a game with me.

Home Games: My wife tries to control my emotions in front of 70,000 fans. It is a difficult task. But don't worry, I know their are kids and families around so I do my best to be PG-13. Sometimes, I make a boo boo and drop the S bomb. (And no, I am not stating that I shit myself!)What can you do? :D

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I jump up and down but last year, well....alot of 10 year olds would have been terrorized!

When a team is getting somewhat close to scoring, i will purposely turn the TV down and listen to the stadium noise because I get the outcome about 5 seconds earlier than the delay that is on TV :wink:

You are so spoiled!! You know that, right? :D

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM

You are so spoiled!! You know that, right? :D

Did I mention that I turn down tickets for almost every game? :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
That's just plain evil!

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
not really, Zig.....they are usually last minute! Besides, I like to really follow the game and quite honestly, you can't do that while you're AT the game. Part of the reason is because i'm always too damn drunk!

BEARMAN
09-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I also prefer to watch games alone, the children and pets are put outside and NO one is allowed into DA BEAR DEN! :twisted:

GO BEARS !

mission
09-06-2006, 07:39 PM
im one of those guys that goes from a reasonably articulate individual to a bastard that no one wants to be around... [over]using "fuck" to emphasis my displeasure over just about every little nitpicky thing i can find. usually prompting my girlfriend to tell me she doesnt like me when i watch football to which i have to convince her that my aggression is only a football thing and i promise not to beat her if we lose.

either that or i say nothing and sit there shaking my head...

if we're winning, well, im probably like most of you guys. beer in hand, excited as hell.

i start every game, even if im out in public with a very loud "come on brett" which sounds like cumóbrett! and no one understands what i actually said. im from sconsin and have been saying it forever, but it's definitely in some sort of hillbilly southern accent. :cool:

gbgary
09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
i wasn't angry last year...i got kinda numb as it went. the game i saw in person was great though (except for the injuries) when we hung 50 on the saints. the whole weekend was great. i love going to greenbay, win or lose.

BallHawk
09-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Wow, you do not want to see me watching football. If we're winning, I'm laughing and cracking jokes. If we're losing or a bad play happens, I turn into the Grinch. I have a tendency to say "What the Fuck?" too often. I need to fix that. I think I have a form of tourettes that happens only when I'm watching football. I was watching a game at a bar called "B's at 951" and it was against the Browns, last season, and Sherman was doing his usual clock management(if you can call it that) and I was pissed. So all of a sudden I shouted out, so the whole bar could hear, "Hey Mike, when I see you in hell your gonna be my bitch." Now before you ellect me as resident psycho, I didn't think out my comments(kinda like Mel Gibson.) It was just something that happened. The funny thing that the guy next to me who was a Browns fan shouted out "Get the kid a beer."

Hey, Anibel Sanchez just threw a No-Hitter.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I scream at the TV alot. In the bar. My very helpful friends tell me "Yell louder, they'll hear you for sure next time." @ssbags.
If we're down and things are going poorly, then someone (me) will order a round of "rally shots" to turn the tide. A round like that usually costs about $20 for the 8-10 of us.
Needless to say, last year was very, VERY expensive for the gang.
Also got rides home from friends or took cabs a lot. Coincidence, I'm sure.
$20.00, MAN I NEED TO KNOW WHAT BAR THAT IS, THAT'S CHEAP!!!!

wpony
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Depends on whos playing if its the Bears or vikings its not always safe to be sitting next to me I used to bartend and the customers would have to try and calm me down so they could get there drinks during those games :lol: and heavon help the bears fan that came in and started rubbing my face in it if we were loosing lol :twisted: wonder if they ever found there way home from wisconsin.
Now that I am older just need to make sure younger kids are out of the room never sure what might come out of my mouth lol things you dont want my 2 1/2 yr old repeating for sure :lol:

Joemailman
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM

Personal Foul. 15 yard penalty on the Packerilla for taunting!

Brohm
09-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Cheer when winning, can handle losing, go ballistic when there is piss-poor, low/no effort play or celebrating a tackle when down 43-3. Unfortunately those last items tend to go hand in hand with losing.... :lol:

GrnBay007
09-07-2006, 01:14 AM
OMG so far nobody has picked #1 -I sit there, relaxing regardless of what's happening

....and to think we are supposed to be watching sporting events for entertainment and enjoyment. LOL what's wrong with us Rats? :razz:

BallHawk
09-07-2006, 06:40 AM
OMG so far nobody has picked #1 -I sit there, relaxing regardless of what's happening

....and to think we are supposed to be watching sporting events for entertainment and enjoyment. LOL what's wrong with us Rats? :razz:

So what'd you do on 4th and 26?

Announcer: And it's caught by Freddy Mitchell

007: Wow, that was a nice catch!

GrnBay007
09-07-2006, 07:28 AM
So what'd you do on 4th and 26?

Announcer: And it's caught by Freddy Mitchell

007: Wow, that was a nice catch!

LOL!!! too funny! No, I'm not calm either. I just think this poll is funny. We all love to do something that causes so much stress and anxiety. :razz:

GBRulz
09-07-2006, 09:03 AM

Personal Foul. 15 yard penalty on the Packerilla for taunting!

hmmm, well what if I asked you to come along? :wink: