PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Cowboys -4.

Packers 3-4 lifetime vs. Cowboys in the playoffs.

Jordy: Will he or won't he?

Thoughts:

Packers better find a way to get the offense in gear faster than they did yesterday. If they don't, they might find themselves down 21-0 instead of 6-0.

Packers can't play as much 2-deep Safety against the Cowboys as they did against the Giants. If they do, Elliott will have a field day.

Freak Out
01-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Dom is going to work some magic baby! lol

Joemailman
01-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Dom is going to work some magic baby! lol

He'll be trying to confuse Dak. Might need to blitz to force the rookie into some quick decisions.

pbmax
01-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jordy Nelson has a rib injury. He'll be in the rehab group through Friday, try to practice Saturday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
So did Nelson suffer internal damage? MM won't say. that's up to Nelson to discuss, he said. Will have better handle Friday.

Nelson spent evening in hospital, MM says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy: Thought the energy was outstanding on special teams. Winning the field position battle was a big part of our success.

McCarthy said the knee injury to Blake Martinez was a little different than his previous issue. He's hopeful Martinez can practice.

McCarthy: We got good news on Blake (Martinez). Hopeful he may practice this week.

McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers: I think it's clearly one of the better stretches. He's spoiled us with his play around here for a long time.

McCarthy on another meeting with Cowboys: We're definitely battle-tested. We're a better football team today than we were (in first game).

"It takes the whole group" to eliminate giveaways, like they've done, MM says. Packers were minus-3 in first matchup vs. Dallas.

McCarthy said OLB Julius Peppers is playing great football right now. He can't recall someone of that age (36) with that much production.

McCarthy on Peppers: He's a special player & playing great football. He's a huge asset to our team. Can't say enough about Julius Peppers.

McCarthy on #GBvsDAL: They're an outstanding football team, but this is about the playoffs. We're fully focused on winning the game.

RashanGary
01-09-2017, 05:05 PM
I think the key is winning the turnover battle. Everything even, I think Dallas wins. But we have experience and a team that protects the ball as well as a splash defense. We win if we win the turnover battle by 2 or more and have a good shot with 1 better. Everything even, I see Dallas beating us.

But it's two good teams. One great QB. Anything can happen. This one is up in the air.

esoxx
01-09-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm hoping M3 doesn't wait until the 3rd quarter to go for it on 4th down well on his side of the 50. Instill confidence early.

red
01-09-2017, 05:15 PM
listening to the radio today, no ones fans want to play a rod

is was getting comparisons to jordan in that he always seems to find a way. he "wills" it

QBME
01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Scenario is Dak has had a week off with nothing notable to accomplish, while beginning to listen to the chatter and starting to over think things. The volume is going to increase exponentially this week.

Best case is he has the rookie jitters expounded by being off two weeks, and the game gets away from him.

My biggest fear is Ezekiel Elliot. Nervous energy makes him dangerous. He is the real deal.

gbgary
01-09-2017, 06:00 PM
both offenses are potent.
whichever team can keep the other team's offense off the field the most, and collect points along the way, will win. ball control. clock control. move the chains. score.

Tony Oday
01-09-2017, 06:41 PM
135 yards 2 TD for Double E and Dak throws 2 TDs and AR has a chance down by 14 in the 4th but throws two ints.

pbmax
01-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
#Packers WR Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in the win over #Giants, sources say. Will take an incredible effort to play.

Mazzin
01-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Is it possible to use him as a decoy if he can just suit up? I don't think its necessary, just curious if its a possibility.

Fritz
01-10-2017, 06:00 AM
No Packer fan should be allowed to eat ribs this Sunday.

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 08:11 AM
135 yards 2 TD for Double E and Dak throws 2 TDs and AR has a chance down by 14 in the 4th but throws two ints.Is that two interceptions on the same pass, or are we talking two separate passes? :huh:

texaspackerbacker
01-10-2017, 09:48 AM
I think they will sell out to stop Elliot - the way they did successfully a couple times against Adrian Peterson in his prime (yeah, I know there were some not so successful times too). I think we can get by with single coverage on their wide outs and Witten. Put a spy on Dak. He can run obviously; He is excellent on short and medium throws; But he is average at best on deep throws.

I was there when they beat the Packers at Lambeau. Our offense was shitty then against a not great Cowboy D - it won't be now. Our D was fairly adequate that day though. The Cowboys faded a little late in the season, and the Packers are hot. I think we beat 'em by a pretty decent margin.

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 10:16 AM
I think they will sell out to stop Elliot - the way they did successfully a couple times against Adrian Peterson in his prime (yeah, I know there were some not so successful times too). I think we can get by with single coverage on their wide outs and Witten. Put a spy on Dak. He can run obviously; He is excellent on short and medium throws; But he is average at best on deep throws.

I was there when they beat the Packers at Lambeau. Our offense was shitty then against a not great Cowboy D - it won't be now. Our D was fairly adequate that day though. The Cowboys faded a little late in the season, and the Packers are hot. I think we beat 'em by a pretty decent margin.Keep predictin', Tex. You're on a hell of a roll!

Cheesehead Craig
01-10-2017, 10:28 AM
3 things to win:

Have to create turnovers and overall win the turnover battle
Keep Elliot in check, make Dak beat us with his arm
Have to have a good start and keep throwing.

Really is going to be a good game, Dallas is the 1 seed for a reason, they are good.

denverYooper
01-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Is it possible to use him as a decoy if he can just suit up? I don't think its necessary, just curious if its a possibility.

I have a strong feeling he'll suit up.

vince
01-10-2017, 03:35 PM
LaDarius Gunter must carry momentum into Dallas
(http://lombardiave.com/2017/01/09/green-bay-packers-cowboys-jordy-nelson/)
Flooding the secondary won’t be an option against Dallas’ run-heavy offense, but assuming Dom Capers beefs up his front seven to slow down Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys could look to exploit favorable one-on-one matchups outside, particularly with top receiver Dez Bryant.

LaDarius Gunter’s role Sunday is as important as any. It was his duty to follow Odell Beckham Jr. for much of the Packers’ wild-card win, just as he matched up with Julio Jones in Week 8 versus Atlanta. And the results have been impressive.
Beating Bryant with man-to-man coverage is key to slowing Dallas’ powerful offense. The Giants achieved this in Week 14, Janoris Jenkins following the star receiver across the formation and restricting him to a single catch for 10 yards. It’s unlikely Gunter can mirror this performance by himself, and Dom Capers will need to rely on his talented safeties to help out. But if Gunter can win with physicality at the line of scrimmage, the Packers will be able to commit more bodies to stopping the run.
The Giants were aggressive, blitzing often in attempt to confuse Dak Prescott pre-snap. They were able to get home quickly and force the rookie quarterback into hurried decisions, and it paid off beautifully for defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. Capers’ attempts to go blitz-heavy haven’t returned great results this season, but this high-risk approach can succeed versus Dallas.
one of Prescott’s biggest flaws is that he locks in on his primary read. This is what made New York’s blitz-heavy approach effective.

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 03:45 PM
^^^Whoever wrote that is on the same page as me.:)

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2017, 04:20 PM
I don't think Dak Prescott is anything special. If you can double Dez and still stop the run, you win this game. I honestly think the Cowboys are very overrated. They are a good team, but not a great team as their record implies. They have a very great OL and that is the straw that stirs the drink.

Fritz
01-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Whoever wrote that needs to watch Green Bay's anemic pass rush and blitzing packages.

RashanGary
01-10-2017, 04:39 PM
This is what I said before the Giant game.

If we're going to win the SB I think it's going to be with Damarious Randall all of a sudden getting healthy and playing good football. Gunter is serviceable. Randall is good when he's healthy. He just hasn't been since the third quarter of week 1. If he gets his health all of a sudden, Hyde can play inside and Rollins plays well inside too. We could get healthy at just the right time to knock off dallas and Atlanta.

But right now it's the giants. I hope for a big game from the dl stopping the run, the outside guys and Daniels rushing the passer and then a newfound healthy showing from Randall. If that happens we win and look like a new dark horse to win the SB.

So, the Packers do look like a dark horse to win it all right now. We need to see another big game out of damarious Randall and we need Rollins to be healthy and ready for Atlanta to knock Brice out of the dime.

This game we're going to have to sell out harder on the run, score touchdowns instead of field goals, and the cbs are gonna have to win some one on ones.

Goal 1 is obviously to win. Hope 2 is to see a healthy, strong, fast damarious randall.

If randall and Gunter play well on the outside and We find a way to mess up a couple of their drives by stopping the run, I think we are likely to win!

Gotta win turn overs too.

At the end of the day, were about a 50/50 shot to move on and are looking like a legit contender of our cbs continue to get healthy at the right time! I know Gunter has been our best cb this year, but I think Randall is the better player if healthy, and he might finally be!

pbmax
01-10-2017, 04:41 PM
I am getting ready to curse Beasley for a long while.

Harlan Huckleby
01-10-2017, 04:48 PM

http://seejanewritebham.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/see-jane-run.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I'll bet that page was a little sticky when you turned it.

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 09:06 PM
I'll bet that page was a little sticky when you turned it.You know it was. I borrowed that book from you. :rs:

Fritz
01-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Jane loved Dick. That much we know.

pbmax
01-11-2017, 01:53 PM
M3 PC

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy reiterates Jordy Nelson will be in the rehab group today.

IF THIS HAD BEEN WATER AEROBICS AT THE DOWNTOWN YMCA I WOULD STILL BE IMPRESSED

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14m14 minutes ago
McCarthy said this year's development of young players makes them better equipped to handle potential loss of Nelson. #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
McCarthy: At the end of the day it's about getting Randall (Cobb) the football. Good things happen when you get him the football.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy credits the conditioning of the offensive line as a key factor in their ability to give Rodgers so much time in the pocket.

SWEATING TO THE OLDIES STILL GOING STRONG!

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy on the offensive line: "When your linemen can line up and play week in and week out, you're going to play well." #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s22 seconds ago
McCarthy on CB Quinten Rollins (concussion): He's going to practice as part of his rehab. Still in the protocol.

McCarthy said Allison was really raw when he went through training camp but flashed some things in the exhibition games. #Packers

McCarthy said he was aware of Allison's arrest at the end of training camp. No additional comments on a "pending legal matter." #Packers

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy said James Starks (concussion) hasn't made progress. "He's at a point, and that's all I can say. He's in the protocol." #Packers

vince
01-11-2017, 02:02 PM
If we're going to win the SB I think it's going to be with Damarious Randall all of a sudden getting healthy and playing good football. Gunter is serviceable. Randall is good when he's healthy. He just hasn't been since the third quarter of week 1. If he gets his health all of a sudden, Hyde can play inside and Rollins plays well inside too. We could get healthy at just the right time to knock off dallas and Atlanta.

“I feel great,” Randall said. “I mean, the greatest I’ve felt after a game this whole entire year. I just took slowly week by week for me to just get back in the form I’m used to being in. I’m just glad everything is picking up at this moment.”

Randall finished the weekend as the highest-graded cornerback. Sunday's game was Randall's second-highest graded game of his career and it was huge. Randall was thrown at eight times and gave up three catches for a completion percentage of 37.5. He added an interception, two passes defended, two stops and a ridiculous passer rating of 11.5. The passer rating was the lowest he has given up in his career.

QBME
01-11-2017, 03:29 PM
M3 PC

McCarthy: At the end of the day it's about getting Randall (Cobb) the football. Good things happen when you get him the football.

Look for Devante to be targeted early and often! :)

pbmax
01-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Maybe heathy Randall and Rollins this week. Could be nice.

Could be a nice pairing with the new Packer Shut Down Corner™ LaDarius Gunter. :lol:

gbgary
01-11-2017, 05:00 PM
the dallas media are sickening. they're so down-playing this game it isn't funny. heard some talking seattle/atl already.

arcilite
01-11-2017, 05:39 PM
pbmax,

always appreciate the relevant twitter consolidation. twitter is blocked at work so i'm still able to get some news through yourself

Fritz
01-11-2017, 05:57 PM
the dallas media are sickening. they're so down-playing this game it isn't funny. heard some talking seattle/atl already.

Is it much different here? Some 'Rats already talkin' about facing Atlanta next week.

Listen, people, I been thinking about this game a lot, and how to approach this thread, particularly. On the one hand, I would like to point out to all you who are dismissing Dak Prescott as a rookie and a game manager that I watched him play in Pittsburgh this season, in person, and I'm telling you the guy did not get rattled at Ketchup Field, despite the pukey yellow towels and the screaming and the cold and the fact his team was down. I watched him niftily duck some pressures, and at one point drop a perfect pass into Dez Bryant's hands about thirty yards down the field. I'm telling you, this guy is not going to get flustered, so don't get your hopes up.

And then there's Ezekiel Elliot and that offensive line. Don't you people remember Elliot getting the ball, getting hit about three yards past the line of scrimmage, and somehow ending up with an eight yard gain every time? Oh, and that offensive line: after watching Nick Perry and Clay Matthews and company flail against the Giants' supposedly crummy offensive line (remember us toasting "Marshmallow" Newhouse???), how does anyone on this board think that any Green Bay pass rusher is going to even get close enough to get a sniff of Dak Prescott's jockstrap? They'll double (Dr.) Peppers, and everyone else will lose their one-on-one battles.

And do I have to cup my hand behind my ear to hear you tell me what position the Packer defense struggles most against? What? Oh, right - the tight end. Who's Dallas's tight end again? What's his name? Something Witten? Oh, yeah, he's old as dirt - but as smart as Einstein. Good luck with defending him. He's the safety valve for Prescott, so when it's third and eight and the Packers flail at the Dallas offensive line until finally someone gets a hand within a yard of Prescott, he'll just casually toss a ten-yard pass to Witten, since our defenders will be twenty yards down the field and Micah Hyde will be three yards behind Witten when he catches it.

Their defense is not so good, you say? Hmmm. Maybe not the all-star defensive backfield, but way more depth than the Giants had, so without Jordy, watch yourselves screaming at the TV like you did last year, asking God and all mankind why no Packer receiver can create separation. Then watch Ty Montgomery have another stellar day of 2.8 yds/carry.

Sure, it's been fun, but nobody wins a game based on their "momentum." Dallas is the #1 seed for good reasons, which you will see revealed on Sunday.

KYPack
01-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Keep the mojo goin' Motown.

You are in touch with my inner paranoid.

Freak Out
01-11-2017, 06:37 PM
The offense is going to have to go full nuclear for the Packers to have a chance to win. Basically score more TDs than FGs and score every time they have the ball.

Joemailman
01-11-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pro Football Focus
Randall finished the weekend as the highest-graded cornerback. Sunday's game was Randall's second-highest graded game of his career and it was huge. Randall was thrown at eight times and gave up three catches for a completion percentage of 37.5. He added an interception, two passes defended, two stops and a ridiculous passer rating of 11.5. The passer rating was the lowest he has given up in his career.

I guess then they didn't blame Randall for the Giants touchdown? I wonder how they make those determinations.

gbgary
01-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Is it much different here? Some 'Rats already talkin' about facing Atlanta next week....

odds are in dallas' favor for sure but we are so much different than when we faced them early on. Rodgers missed so many open guys that game it wasn't funny. he's not like that now. i don't expect a Packers win but i don't think the Pack can be dismissed so easily either.

scharpcheddar
01-11-2017, 08:25 PM
the Packers had no business winning the Giants game. They have no business winning this game but they will because Rodgers is in all the commercials

mission
01-11-2017, 08:46 PM
the Packers had no business winning the Giants game. They have no business winning this game but they will because Rodgers is in all the commercials

This one is better.

Joemailman
01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/resized_v1/9ba9b707-c00f-4d62-9f83-f49e36881fc8.png

pbmax
01-11-2017, 09:30 PM
pbmax,

always appreciate the relevant twitter consolidation. twitter is blocked at work so i'm still able to get some news through yourself

I hope its worth every penny.

Wait a minute...

pbmax
01-11-2017, 09:31 PM
OK, so Rollins concussion protocol involved more work than Jordy's rehab, probably wise to keep that in mind.

Tretter with a setback or day of rest?

And Janis, off his best game of the season, is hurt and not practicing.

pbmax
01-11-2017, 09:33 PM
I guess then they didn't blame Randall for the Giants touchdown? I wonder how they make those determinations.

They have gotten stuff way wrong before.

Fritz
01-12-2017, 10:47 AM
It's really going to hurt if Janis can't go. He's become, again, a special teams ace. When he's on his game, he's the Aaron Rodgers of punt gunners.

gbgary
01-12-2017, 11:28 AM
we're done if janis is a talking point at all.

Upnorth
01-12-2017, 01:59 PM
To me the biggest question is can our D line contain the impact of their o line. I dont think we can, I do think we are sad Sunday night and talking coulda shoulda woulda.

I hope i'm wrong

Joemailman
01-12-2017, 04:10 PM
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/33a2d43e-b240-45ba-965c-ef67f2636983.png

Joemailman
01-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

With the college season over, GM Ted Thompson is back from his scouting trips and has been at practice regularly.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Packers CB Quinten Rollins was in pads and did more today, which could be a sign he's out of the concussion protocol.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Jeff Janis (quad) and Julius Peppers (rest) both returned to practice on Thursday and were in full pads.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson (ribs) did not attend practice again on Thursday. Others out: James Starks, JC Tretter, Jayrone Elliott.

pbmax
01-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
Per #Packers injury report, OLB Jayrone Elliott's absence Thursday was not injury related.

pbmax
01-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Rob Demovsky
With the college season over, GM Ted Thompson is back from his scouting trips and has been at practice regularly.

Rob Demovsky
Packers CB Quinten Rollins was in pads and did more today, which could be a sign he's out of the concussion protocol.

Rob Demovsky
Jeff Janis (quad) and Julius Peppers (rest) both returned to practice on Thursday and were in full pads.

Rob Demovsky
Jordy Nelson (ribs) did not attend practice again on Thursday. Others out: James Starks, JC Tretter, Jayrone Elliott.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_6J9-UUAAq2eR.jpg:large

pbmax
01-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Same writer who pens "Why Your Team Sucks 2016: ..." has his Divisional Round previews up. http://deadspin.com/chris-berman-was-the-worst-1791083941

Packers (+4.5) 28, Cowboys 26

The first man to reach Aaron Rodgers NEVER brings him down and I’m getting tired of it. When playing Rodgers, you should be allowed to conceal a foreign object on your person and then cripple him when you come within sniffing distance. Like, you know those clubs that kind of extend out, like a car antennae? The ones that henchmen in action movies whip out from inside their boots? I want to be able to use one of those on the field against Rodgers, particularly if he’s about to throw another successful Hail Mary (God’s perfect little PACKERS just have to have every goddamn miracle throw end in a completion, don’t they?). I see no moral quandary with this.

He's a Vikings fan remember. :)

RashanGary
01-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Just listened to Capers. Randall is healthy and practicing for the first time in a while. He's a good player. I can see it in him. We're going to be able to commit to the run, mix things up and count on him to make big plays outside.

As bad as Rollins has been outside he's always played well inside. He should be ready for Atlanta.

The Packers are getting healthy at just the right time. This might be the year!!

yetisnowman
01-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Just like last week I feel surprisingly confident. We managed to win handedly last week with basically no pressure til late in the game. I don't expect that to change. But with the way Aaron is conducting the offense we have a good shot. Zeke will get his, but if we can keep him to a good not great game and come up with a key turnover or two we win.
Pack 38- Cowboys 27

RashanGary
01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Gonna have to hold them to a couple field goals and run blitz at a couple key times to mess up a drive and force a few punts. AR and the offense need to get after it.

We sure do have a chance. And I hope we come out fucking red hot and knock them back on their (haven't played a real game in 3 weeks) heels.

We could get beat. But we could beat their asses too and handily. The Packers are good and can beat anyone!

gbgary
01-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Pack 38- Cowboys 27

from this post to the scoreboard!

King Friday
01-12-2017, 10:00 PM
As much as I will be cheering for a Packer victory, I just don't think our DL has a chance at creating the kind of impact necessary to get Dak and Zeke off their games. We are not going to slow down the Cowboys running game.

To me, the only way we can beat Dallas is to be very strong in the red zone and hold them to some FGs. I can't see us stopping them regularly between the 20s. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys handle the lack of playing under pressure for awhile. That is the one area where the Packers have an enormous edge.

RashanGary
01-13-2017, 01:04 AM
I do think the Packers can slow the Cowboys run game. Not stop, but get a couple stops.

The Packers defense is going to be able to do a lot of different things to disrupt the Cowboys offense. We have two very good safeties who can disguise coverages and allow Dom to pick moments to attack their run game. Now with Randall finally getting healthy, we have two corners who can hold it down when Dom takes those risks. That doesn't mean we're going to "stop" the cowboys, but we should be able to attack their run game in certain spots and get some stops and force a punt or field goal.

So our defense should be able to force a few stops. Our offense just rolled up a better Giants defense. Our STs is playing well.

Dallas hasn't played a snap of meaningful football on three weeks. We're a buzz saw right now. We're gonna punch them in the face so hard, they're not gonna know what hit them until the game's over and they catch their breaths.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-13-2017, 07:05 AM
God, I am SOOOO ready for this game...

woodbuck27
01-13-2017, 08:00 AM
It's really going to hurt if Janis can't go. He's become, again, a special teams ace. When he's on his game, he's the Aaron Rodgers of punt gunners.

The word today is that Janis will be almost 100% come Sunday.

woodbuck27
01-13-2017, 08:06 AM
I do think the Packers can slow the Cowboys run game. Not stop, but get a couple stops.

The Packers defense is going to be able to do a lot of different things to disrupt the Cowboys offense. We have two very good safeties who can disguise coverages and allow Dom to pick moments to attack their run game. Now with Randall finally getting healthy, we have two corners who can hold it down when Dom takes those risks. That doesn't mean we're going to "stop" the cowboys, but we should be able to attack their run game in certain spots and get some stops and force a punt or field goal.

So our defense should be able to force a few stops. Our offense just rolled up a better Giants defense. Our STs is playing well.

Dallas hasn't played a snap of meaningful football on three weeks. We're a buzz saw right now. We're gonna punch them in the face so hard, they're not gonna know what hit them until the game's over and they catch their breaths.

The Packers have to somehow prevent Dez Bryant from making long pass completions and off the score sheet. The big difference in this coming game and the regular season game is that they were missing Bryant and the Packer TE Jared Cook. Which of these two players plays the most vital role for his team is a key to his teams result.

woodbuck27
01-13-2017, 08:14 AM
The loss of Jordy Nelson.

I am not getting this game the Packers are playing and 3 Day Protocol and Jordy Nelson.

Leroy Butler has it right and simply is saying Nelson will not play. Jordy Nelson has broken ribs and it make sense for the Packer position to be simply pissed that he was lost due to an illegal hit by Giants Safety Leon Hall and demanding the NFL fine Hall.

Today it is five days since the games Officials missed flagging that brutal violation and there has been a zero response from the NFL HO.

pbmax
01-13-2017, 08:31 AM
The loss of Jordy Nelson.

I am not getting this game the Packers are playing and 3 Day Protocol and Jordy Nelson.

Leroy Butler has it right and simply is saying Nelson will not play. Jordy Nelson has broken ribs and it make sense for the Packer position to be simply pissed that he was lost due to an illegal hit by Giants Safety Leon Hall and demanding the NFL fine Hall.

Today it is five days since the games Officials missed flagging that brutal violation and there has been a zero response from the NFL HO.

Today might be your lucky day since Friday is when fines are passed out to players.

pbmax
01-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Friday M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
MM on Rollins: Worked as part of protocol yesterday. STill in the protocol.

McCarthy says Nelson is OUT. Not cleared to practice by medical staff.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
If #Packers win, his status will be re-evaluated. He's going through a workout now. Says he's feeling better.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
McCarthy said he and the organization are aware of Sam Shields' legal situation — marijuana, paraphernalia charges filed today. #Packers

????

Dallas coming off off week so Packers expecting some unscouted looks. Healthiest teams they've seen all year.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
Must-win games are good training for playoff football for the young players, MM says.

McCarthy: You tilt opportunities the other way. We anticipated potentially not having (Jordy Nelson) this week. We'll be prepared. #GBvsDAL

McCarthy: I have a lot of confidence in Geronimo (Allison). The progression he's made throughout the season. #GBvsDAL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy: Jordy will travel. He'll be at the game in Dallas. #GBvsDAL

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy: Adams having great year. Become a complete player. Will have a lot of opportunities/expects Dallas to plan accordingly.

Maxie the Taxi
01-13-2017, 11:17 AM
I watched the GB/Dallas 2014 playoff game over again last night on NFL channel. The Dallas team on offense is essentially the same, except for Zeke, Dak, Beasely. On defense, big change in OLB's and DL.

Packers offense is basically the same, except for Lacy, Sitton (and now Jordy). Cook is a huge upgrade over Quarless. On defense we've changed considerably. No Tramon, no Shields, no AJ Hawk, No Brad Jones, no Sam Barrington, no Casey Hayward, no Devon House. Basically, new ILB's and new CB's.

In 2014 our pass rush got to Romo in the clutch and also in the clutch Arod, Adams and Cobb were HUGE. Our pass protection was great, same as now, in the clutch.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2017, 01:06 PM
The Pack had no business beating the Giants. There's absolutely no reason they should beat Dallas but they of course will anyway.

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2017, 01:26 PM
Having seen Dez Bryant play all season, I don't think he is all that significant a threat. Also, Ladarius Gunter would seem to be especially suited to single cover Dez. If we get hurt in the passing game, it will be Witten, Beasley, and their 4th or 5th WR - Butler or whoever. Prescott likes to get out of the pocket and throw - and occasionally run - a lot like Aaron Rodgers. He is also careful at avoiding interceptions like Rodgers. We need to rush him but to do so by collapsing the pocket and keeping him contained. That should be doable if we single cover Dez and Williams as well as Beasley and Witten with two deep Safeties.

gbgary
01-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Having seen Dez Bryant play all season, I don't think he is all that significant a threat. Also, Ladarius Gunter would seem to be especially suited to single cover Dez. If we get hurt in the passing game, it will be Witten, Beasley, and their 4th or 5th WR - Butler or whoever. Prescott likes to get out of the pocket and throw - and occasionally run - a lot like Aaron Rodgers. He is also careful at avoiding interceptions like Rodgers. We need to rush him but to do so by collapsing the pocket and keeping him contained. That should be doable if we single cover Dez and Williams as well as Beasley and Witten with two deep Safeties.

yup...dez is a slow one-trick pony. as you said beasley and witten are the problems in the passing game. that butler guy is pretty good too. the biggest problem is zeke. we haven't stopped anyone since the first nyg game.

pbmax
01-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30s30 seconds ago
Jordy Nelson, James Starks and JC Tretter have been ruled out for #GBvsDAL. CB Quinten Rollins (neck/concussion) is questionable #Packers

Elliot (hand) and Janis (quad/brain) are also questionable.

pbmax
01-13-2017, 02:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2FBQsgUoAIEpFq.jpg:large

Guiness
01-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30s30 seconds ago
Jordy Nelson, James Starks and JC Tretter have been ruled out for #GBvsDAL. CB Quinten Rollins (neck/concussion) is questionable #Packers

Elliot (hand) and Janis (quad/brain) are also questionable.

Would like to see Elliot playing, would give the rush a boost.

Have to think Starks is going to have to call it a career. He was not having a great season, and this is a long time to recover from a concussion, and RB is not a position you want to have to worry about that.

Patler
01-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Something more must have happened to Tretter. The Green Milwaukee Bay Journal Press Sentinel Gazette had a story about him being healed, finally; although it did say initially they feared his injury might be season-ending.

vince
01-13-2017, 05:28 PM
I read somewhere (not in the GMBJPSG) that Tretter re-aggravated the knee injury in practice.

vince
01-13-2017, 05:34 PM
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/1/13/14268806/packers-cowboys-injury-report-jordy-nelson-out-quinten-rollins-jeff-janis-questionable

Joining them on the inactive list will be offensive lineman JC Tretter, whose knee injury flared up again. Tretter played last week, his first game since injuring his knee in week 8 against Atlanta. However, he did not play in the game, either on offense or on special teams.

Bossman641
01-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Bought my tickets for the game today...first away game ever going to

call_me_ishmael
01-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Calling it right now, Jeff Janis clears 75 receiving yards on Sunday and the Packers win 35-24

pbmax
01-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Bought my tickets for the game today...first away game ever going to

You near Texas or traveling to get there?

Bossman641
01-13-2017, 10:50 PM
You near Texas or traveling to get there?

Austin

Bretsky
01-13-2017, 11:01 PM
I see everybody is Drunk on Homer Juice; here comes some reality tea.

Dallas front is going to control our DL....simply put there are just way better. Eliott tears is up and Dom is forced to use some extreme measure to try to stop him...includeing some rush blitzes that leave us vulnerable elsewhere. This hurts our pass rush and outside contain...as Dak Prescott uses a combo of his passing and rushing to have a very effective day.

AROD has a very nice day and having a TE gives our offense a great assist. But in the end Dallas is simply put a better team. Here are Ten Predictions for Game Day

1. Red is intoxicated throwing mass profanities during the game regarding our defense
2. Wist shows up blaming Dom Capers and his lack of creativity for everything
3. Dom has to play some serous chess matches to figure out how to contain Eliot which includes some run blitzes
4. Clay Matthews sees quite a bit of time at ILB to try to stop Eliot
5. Moving Matthews insides aids in Zak Prescott having a nice running day as we lose outside contain on some key third downs
6. AROD has a nice day and puts up about300 yards and 30 points, but Dallas puts up more
7. Jarred Cook impacts this game and we're pounding the table for an extension
8. Davante Adams and another each drop at least one key pass
9. Green Bay loses the turnover battle --1
10. Bretsky offers a simple solution for next year; hire Eliot Wolf and bump TT permanently to the film room

RashanGary
01-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Bretsky said a bunch of really pessimistic shit about the Packers losing

The reverse whammy is in. Packers win!! Packers win!!

Patler
01-14-2017, 01:52 AM
Austin

One of the little Patlers has been in Austin for a couple years.
Interesting area of Texas, except when it is 110 degrees!

Patler
01-14-2017, 07:53 AM
It has now been six weeks since Nick Perry's injury. I wonder how close he is to not needing the excessive padding for his hand?

Harlan Huckleby
01-14-2017, 08:47 AM
I thought "little Patler" lived in your pants.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-14-2017, 08:50 AM

EEEEEEUUUUU!!!!

pbmax
01-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Austin

Sounds close to me. :D

pbmax
01-14-2017, 09:19 AM

BOOO-URNS!

pbmax
01-14-2017, 09:19 AM

I am not sure Fritz is convinced we lose yet.

Tony Oday
01-14-2017, 09:57 AM
I am not sure Fritz is convinced we lose yet.

How can you not be convinced the Pack loses? They have a better defense, Oline, run game and we don't have our top WR and our defense could barely slow down the Giants, we got lucky they imploaded.

Fritz
01-14-2017, 10:11 AM

Dallas front is going to control our DL....simply put there are just way better. Eliott tears is up and Dom is forced to use some extreme measure to try to stop him...includeing some rush blitzes that leave us vulnerable elsewhere. This hurts our pass rush and outside contain...as Dak Prescott uses a combo of his passing and rushing to have a very effective day.

AROD has a very nice day and having a TE gives our offense a great assist. But in the end Dallas is simply put a better team. Here are Ten Predictions for Game Day

1. Red is intoxicated throwing mass profanities during the game regarding our defense
3. Dom has to play some serous chess matches to figure out how to contain Eliot which includes some run blitzes
5. Moving Matthews insides aids in Zak Prescott having a nice running day as we lose outside contain on some key third downs
6. AROD has a nice day and puts up about300 yards and 30 points, but Dallas puts up more
10. Bretsky offers a simple solution for next year; hire Eliot Wolf and bump TT permanently to the film room

Finally. Some reality in this thread. Except for#8 and 10 I agree completely. People here are not paying attention if they think Prescott will wilt under pressure. And Elliot has fresh legs. The whole team is rested and healthy. Green Bay is simply not talented enough in key places defensively to stop the Dallas offense, which will put tremendous pressure on the offense to score touchdowns every possession.

This is the end of the run, I'm afraid.

King Friday
01-14-2017, 10:38 AM
The Pack had no business beating the Giants. There's absolutely no reason they should beat Dallas but they of course will anyway.

Well, they beat the Giants twice this year...so I think you are a trolling moron.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2017, 11:00 AM
When I read "drunk on homer juice", I knew somebody was talking about me.

The Packers should win this game. I say that having seen every game played by my second favorite team, the Cowboys. As the regular season ended, the Cowboys were sliding. The team we just beat - that had recently beaten the Cowboys - SEEMED to be a worse match up - outstanding receivers against our hobbled DBs, outstanding D against the best part of our team, etc. The Cowboys, on the other hand, don't have nearly the D that the Giants have. We should be able to score half a hundred on them the way our offense is playing now. They do, of course, have a very much better QB and RB than the Giants and almost as good receivers. It isn't gonna be easy. We're gonna need to outscore them and get just enough stops and turnovers. Prescott hates throwing interceptions just like Aaron Rodgers, but he did throw a couple in Green Bay. As I said before, Dom Capers is really good at taking away the best thing an opponent does - Ezekial Elliot running. There will be slip-ups, but overall, it will be a good day.

Packers 45 Cowboys 27

pbmax
01-14-2017, 11:57 AM

Matthews at ILB might improve edge containment if it means Perry is playing full time even with his club.

Fritz
01-14-2017, 12:03 PM
You know, I thought last night that they needed to move Matthews inside for this game - then I read Pete Dougherty's account of the first GB-Dallas game. Been there, done that. It didn't work.

Let's face it: Green Bay just does not hold up against a good running team. And Dallas is the best running team in the league, with another area of strength (a fast or wiley tight end) that the Packers struggle against. In addition, Prescott is mobile - you can't just go hell's bells into the pocket.

One other thing no one seems to have mentioned is the fact that after his monster "break out" game against Chicago, Ty Montgomery has been amazingly ineffective running the football, even with defenses designed to stop Rodgers and the passing game.

I think it'll be a game for a while but the Packers will not be able to keep the dike from bursting, and it's going to get ugly as Dallas will dominate TOP.

pbmax
01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
The Packers will do much better this game versus the run. They got WAY out of alignment trying to make great plays against the Dallas run packages in the first game and a lotta people left gaps WIDE open. Martinez did this several times as did Dix and Guion. Looked like Raji waging a one man penetration war against Adrian Peterson. Need to stay disciplined.

And they will be more disciplined this time.

Game will come down to making plays when at personnel disadvantage: Packers go base and the Cowboys stay 3 WR (not going to happen a lot but I bet it does for short yardage). And then the reverse, Packer's nickel versus the D run game.

Cheesehead Craig
01-14-2017, 12:42 PM
It has now been six weeks since Nick Perry's injury. I wonder how close he is to not needing the excessive padding for his hand?

He's the Cowboy Bob Orton of the NFL, it's never coming off.

RashanGary
01-14-2017, 01:20 PM
And they will be more disciplined this time.

Packers gonna mix 7 man boxes and 8 man. Dallas plays mostly 3 wr, zeke and witten. That means it's gonna be mostly nickle. Gunter and Randall can be beaten so we can't just load the box every play. But if they're disciplined, zeke will get only 4,5, 6 yards per carry against the 7 man box. None of that big stuff. Then we pick our spots to run blitz and load the box. If Dallas gets 30 yards then we make a play or two and force a punt or field goal we should win.

I'm not saying Zeke isn't going to get yards. I'm not saying they're not going to score. I do think if the guys are disciplined and take their risks according to the scheme not whenebever they feel like it, we can get those key stops and catch the rookies off guard in some situations.

Our offense needs to play well and STs too. Turnovers should lean our way to make up for home field. We do that, we win!

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2017, 02:14 PM
I think you're right about loading up the box. That should serve to stop Elliot running. You're also right, Gunter and Randall can be beat. What I see, though, is that they match up really well with Bryant and Williams. One thing that worries me, though, is Elliot catching passes. If we keep the two deep Safeties, a linebacker is gonna have to cover Elliot. That is a risk for giving up yardage. Having another LB covering Witten is also risky but doable. Having Hyde or maybe Rollins or whoever covering Beasley in the slot also is a threat. We're gonna give up yardage - hopefully not big plays if we keep the two deep Safeties. If Dallas stays disciplined and just takes what we give them in this scenario, they have some long drives and do some scoring. Hopefully they will also lose discipline and give up some turnovers though. Either way, I'm pretty sure the Packers are gonna outscore them.

pbmax
01-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
#Packers add CB Damarious Randall (foot/questionable) to injury report. Groin/core muscle, knee, shoulder, ankle, foot injuries this year.

Bretsky
01-14-2017, 08:20 PM
When I read "drunk on homer juice", I knew somebody was talking about me.

The Packers should win this game. I say that having seen every game played by my second favorite team, the Cowboys. As the regular season ended, the Cowboys were sliding. The team we just beat - that had recently beaten the Cowboys - SEEMED to be a worse match up - outstanding receivers against our hobbled DBs, outstanding D against the best part of our team, etc. The Cowboys, on the other hand, don't have nearly the D that the Giants have. We should be able to score half a hundred on them the way our offense is playing now. They do, of course, have a very much better QB and RB than the Giants and almost as good receivers. It isn't gonna be easy. We're gonna need to outscore them and get just enough stops and turnovers. Prescott hates throwing interceptions just like Aaron Rodgers, but he did throw a couple in Green Bay. As I said before, Dom Capers is really good at taking away the best thing an opponent does - Ezekial Elliot running. There will be slip-ups, but overall, it will be a good day.

Packers 45 Cowboys 27

Believe it or not I was not referring to you; you've come more the side of the optimistic realist Tex....which is where I often sit. We used to get in so many sports tassles many years ago and I often got a laugh out of you calling me a dumb ass..........hmmm.......I miss those days a bit......lol

Cheers
B

Patler
01-14-2017, 10:15 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
#Packers add CB Damarious Randall (foot/questionable) to injury report. Groin/core muscle, knee, shoulder, ankle, foot injuries this year.

Foot now? Might set him back to the randle of a couple weeks ago.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Believe it or not I was not referring to you; you've come more the side of the optimistic realist Tex....which is where I often sit. We used to get in so many sports tassles many years ago and I often got a laugh out of you calling me a dumb ass..........hmmm.......I miss those days a bit......lol

Cheers
B

That must be quite a while ago - before I was gone for several years, back when it was still JSOnline. I honestly don't remember, but then I've gone round and round with a lot of people over a lot of things, sports and otherwise for a long time. If I can think of an excuse, I'll try to call you a dumb ass again for old times sake hahahahaha.

QBME
01-15-2017, 08:31 AM
I have to believe Aaron is aware he has a chance to do what hasn't been done in over 50 years - take the Packers to Dallas and win a playoff game. Bart Starr is the last one to do it. Lynn Dickey failed once in the early 80's and Brett Favre went down there 3 times in the 90's and crapped the bed each time. I believe it's time for Mr. Rodgers to break the streak.

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 08:43 AM
I have to believe Aaron is aware he has a chance to do what hasn't been done in over 50 years - take the Packers to Dallas and win a playoff game. Bart Starr is the last one to do it. Lynn Dickey failed once in the early 80's and Brett Favre went down there 3 times in the 90's and crapped the bed each time. I believe it's time for Mr. Rodgers to break the streak.

ARod is 1-0 at Jerry's world in the playoffs with a nice shinny Super Bowl ring.

Fritz
01-15-2017, 10:32 AM
So now Randall hurt some more? Sheesh.

Bretsky
01-15-2017, 11:54 AM

I HOPE SO !!!!!!!

Several years ago I saw no way GB was the best team; my game day threads were a source of entertainment and comedy but I didn't see us as the best team. We got hot and won the big show

It feels the same this year; hopefully the end result is the same

RashanGary
01-15-2017, 01:35 PM
It feels the same this year; hopefully the end result is the same

Yeah. Three good NFC teams left. My hopes go way up if we come out on the right side of this one.

Watched patriot game. Martellus bennet had a clear concussion but got up pretending he was fine and the whole patriots coaching bench played along. It's the little things like making sure to avoid the rules that make a winner. They do whatever it takes. But they're not that good. We can beat them. KC can beat them. Pitt, dallas and Atlanta can beat them. The last 6, it's whoever plays the most sound games. They're all good.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 01:47 PM
StaceyDales ‏@StaceyDales 36m36 minutes ago
Just talkd 2 Jordy Nelson on field in DAL. On the pain of his broken ribs "a pain no one wants to feel". Goal? "Get back 2 normal breathing"

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2017, 01:57 PM
When they first started this concussion crap, it seemed like nobody beat the protocol. I think it's based on a test of your normal mental state as a base. Now, a lot of people are starting to pass the protocol quickly. I suspect maybe some sharp people got the idea to sandbag a little bit on the base test so it won't be obvious if they are slowed a little bit mentally by a big hit.

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 03:13 PM
It does depend on your physical make up and how you are hit. I got concussed catching a football around the tree we used for the end zone and smashing my head into it. I did not get a concussion when I crashed my bike, got knocked unconscious and needed 30 stitches to put my head back together.

Strange Brew
01-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Packers 31 Cowboys 20 plus my pool number is 1 and i'm drinking Schlitz! Life is great......Go Pack!!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-15-2017, 03:28 PM
StaceyDales ‏@StaceyDales 36m36 minutes ago
Just talkd 2 Jordy Nelson on field in DAL. On the pain of his broken ribs "a pain no one wants to feel". Goal? "Get back 2 normal breathing"

Yeah, I actually pulled an intra rib muscle lifting weights and it hurts like hell, I can't believe what it is like for 2 fractured ribs.