PDA

View Full Version : What era are these from?

VanPackFan
01-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Hey guys.
Longtime lurker, lifelong Packer fan and really enjoy reading discussions between people who are more knowledgeable than I.

I have something off-topic that I hope you can help me with.
I live in Vancouver, British Columbia and recently visited an antique mall just across the border in Washington State.
Came across two stadium seats that I had no choice but to buy.
I think they're from the 1970s, based on some comparables I've seen on eBay. They have foam-filled cushions covered in vinyl, there's a little hook on the bottom to keep the seat attached to the bleachers and it's got the reverse-colour logo I haven't seen anywhere else.

Since I've bought them I've thought about where they might have been.
I assume they were in Lambeau at some point and I'm doing some research into who owned them before me, how many games they may have witnessed and how they ended up in Washington State.
I imagine an old couple who had season tix for years and years? Maybe a father/son deal?
Anyhow, I'm really excited to have them and pair them with a 1960s era bobblehead I found at a different Washington State antique mall.

Please have a look and see if you recognize what year they may have been produced.

Thanks and hope the Photobucket link works!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u572/MinorLeagueMarvels/StadiumSeats_zps2joec7um.jpg

QBME
01-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Hey guys.
Longtime lurker, lifelong Packer fan and really enjoy reading discussions between people who are more knowledgeable than I.

I have something off-topic that I hope you can help me with.
I live in Vancouver, British Columbia and recently visited an antique mall just across the border in Washington State.
Came across two stadium seats that I had no choice but to buy.
I think they're from the 1970s, based on some comparables I've seen on eBay. They have foam-filled cushions covered in vinyl, there's a little hook on the bottom to keep the seat attached to the bleachers and it's got the reverse-colour logo I haven't seen anywhere else.

Since I've bought them I've thought about where they might have been.
I assume they were in Lambeau at some point and I'm doing some research into who owned them before me, how many games they may have witnessed and how they ended up in Washington State.
I imagine an old couple who had season tix for years and years? Maybe a father/son deal?
Anyhow, I'm really excited to have them and pair them with a 1960s era bobblehead I found at a different Washington State antique mall.

Please have a look and see if you recognize what year they may have been produced.

Thanks and hope the Photobucket link works!

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u572/MinorLeagueMarvels/StadiumSeats_zps2joec7um.jpg

Probably better to post the pics as part of the post. Not wise to click on an unknown link.

beveaux1
01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
They look to be in good shape. Sorry, I don't have any information on the year they were made. Good luck to you.

Pugger
01-09-2017, 11:55 PM
We had stadium seats very similar to those but I can't recall what year they were made. I'll have to ask my hubby tomorrow (he's already asleep) and get back to you.

VanPackFan
01-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Probably better to post the pics as part of the post. Not wise to click on an unknown link.

Apologies for that. When I did the post, the 'insert image' tab only provided the option of entering a URL.
I figured there was no safer URL for images than Photobucket, but I understand your concern.

VanPackFan
01-10-2017, 10:32 AM
We had stadium seats very similar to those but I can't recall what year they were made. I'll have to ask my hubby tomorrow (he's already asleep) and get back to you.

Very much appreciated. Thank you!

Pugger
01-10-2017, 11:50 AM
I asked hubby and he thinks he bought those seats back in the late 1970s but he isn't sure of the exact year.