PDA

View Full Version : Deshaun Watson to declare for draft

Guiness
01-10-2017, 09:46 AM
No big surprise, one year of eligibility remaining, but after playing well in the National Championship two years in a row.

Makes sense, I don't see where he gets any better with another year in college, time to get paid. Anyone watch enough of this guy to know what his NFL prospects are? Will he go #1?

Freak Out
01-10-2017, 10:07 AM
He has "it".

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Ironic. While you were starting this thread I posted this in another thread:

Deshaun Watson is a keeper. He looked like Arod last night. At this point he looks to be the best among a strong group of QB prospects. Can you imagine the Giants or the Patriots somehow winding up with this kid to take over for Eli or Brady? Or how about Denver, Buffalo, the Jets, the Texans, hell even the Bears or the Vikings? IMO this guy could turn a good team lacking a strong QB into a real contender.

I've watched him play a few times, but last night was something.

Guiness
01-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Ironic. While you were starting this thread I posted this in another thread:

I've watched him play a few times, but last night was something.

Thought he looked good too, but my sample size is pretty small - about half a game last night! It was as good as competition as you can get in college, but another QB recently won a National Championship or two and didn't pan out so well. Mim Mebow or something?

Maxie the Taxi
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Thought he looked good too, but my sample size is pretty small - about half a game last night! It was as good as competition as you can get in college, but another QB recently won a National Championship or two and didn't pan out so well. Mim Mebow or something?This guy is no Mebow, I can guarantee that. He has Rodgers' escapability, strong, accurate arm on the run, great intangibles, smart...he's the whole package. I wish he was on the roster instead of Hundley, but it's a little to early to salt him away as Rodgers' successor.

woodbuck27
01-10-2017, 11:36 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemson-qb-deshaun-watson-declares-for-2017-nfl-draft-after-taking-down-alabama/

Clemson QB Deshaun Watson declares for 2017 NFL Draft after taking down Alabama

Watson's Clemson career comes to a close with a national championship

2h ago • 1 min read

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2017, 11:38 AM
I haven't seen him nearly enough to have an opinion but he sure has an impressive college resume, that's for sure. Dabo Swinney has built a program with a boatload of talent.

woodbuck27
01-10-2017, 12:17 PM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns-in-pffs-early-2017-mock-draft/

PFF’S EARLY 2017 MOCK DRAFT

NO. 1 Pick... Cleveland Browns: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

Before the 2015 season, we asked if Watson was the best quarterback prospect in all of college football. While Cal’s Jared Goff likely surpassed him in that department, Watson’s all-around tools are difficult to match. He has the strong arm to drive the ball into tight windows, though it’s his touch on two-level throws that impresses most. There’s still room to grow from a quarterbacking standpoint as he can learn to get through his reads better and his accuracy wanes at times, but Watson is poised for a huge season and he’s the early favorite to be the first quarterback off the board. The Browns waited to invest heavily in a new franchise quarterback and that may pay off next year.

Fritz
01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Well, if Cleveland takes him, his career immediately careens into the shitter.