PDA

View Full Version : Shields Charged With Possession

pbmax
01-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Found out through the mail.

There are two counts filed against Shields–Possession of THC and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Each charge is a misdemeanor. The counts were filed Jan. 12, 2017.

The Green Bay Packers released the following statement to Action 2 News:

“The Packers are aware of the matter involving Sam Shields. We will refrain from making any further comment as it is an ongoing legal matter.”
A criminal complaint obtained by Action 2 News says Brown County Drug Task Force investigators went to Shields’ home on Oct. 19, 2016, “on suspicions of drug-related activity associated with that residence based on parcel sent through the U.S. Mail.”

http://wbay.com/2017/01/13/packer-sam-shields-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

Keeps going like this and legalization is going to make the ballot :)

texaspackerbacker
01-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Sounds like they think he is a pusher, not just a user. Oh well. It's just a couple of misdemeanors as of now. He's probably history as far as the Packers are concerned anyway.

hoosier
01-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Found out through the mail.

http://wbay.com/2017/01/13/packer-sam-shields-charged-with-marijuana-possession/

Keeps going like this and legalization is going to make the ballot :)

Packers are rumored to be interviewing Carl Spackler for position of assistant groundskeeper. He has invented his own kind of grass, a hybrid of Kentucky Blue Grass and Northern California Sensimilla. Great thing about it is, you can play three hours of football on it in the afternoon and then take it home and get stoned to the Bejeesus Belt in the evening.

Patler
01-13-2017, 10:26 AM
I am curious about aspects of the facts in the complaint. I understand he received at least some in a priority mail package from Colorado. I'm guessing that is some federal violation, since marijuana is still illegal under federal law. If the Colorado supplier is a legal operation in Colorado (I realize it might not be), why would they take this risk? From all stories, these businesses are making more money in Colorado than they Know what to do with. Why mail it to where it is illegal?

Anyone else get a chuckle from the description? I envisioned stacks of jars in all the cupboards, bags and inch thick blunts in all the drawers, cookies and muffins covering the counters. I imagined his house guests to be Cheech and Chong.

gbgary
01-13-2017, 10:36 AM
unofficially prescribed medication for the lingering headaches of the concussion.

pbmax
01-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Packers are rumored to be interviewing Carl Spackler for position of assistant groundskeeper. He has invented his own kind of grass, a hybrid of Kentucky Blue Grass and Northern California Sensimilla. Great thing about it is, you can play three hours of football on it in the afternoon and then take it home and get stoned to the Bejeesus Belt in the evening.

+1 Billie Baroo

pbmax
01-13-2017, 10:43 AM
If we had done a poll on which player smoked the most dope, I would have voted for Shields. Hands down.

Before the concussion.

3irty1
01-13-2017, 10:54 AM
If we had done a poll on which player smoked the most dope, I would have voted for Shields. Hands down.

Before the concussion.

Same. Now I'm wondering if I've ever heard him speak clearheaded.

Maxie the Taxi
01-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Same. Now I'm wondering if I've ever heard him speak clearheaded.Which makes you wonder how they assess "progress" with regard to the concussion protocol.

Rastak
01-13-2017, 11:47 AM
I am curious about aspects of the facts in the complaint. I understand he received at least some in a priority mail package from Colorado. I'm guessing that is some federal violation, since marijuana is still illegal under federal law. If the Colorado supplier is a legal operation in Colorado (I realize it might not be), why would they take this risk? From all stories, these businesses are making more money in Colorado than they Know what to do with. Why mail it to where it is illegal?

Anyone else get a chuckle from the description? I envisioned stacks of jars in all the cupboards, bags and inch thick blunts in all the drawers, cookies and muffins covering the counters. I imagined his house guests to be Cheech and Chong.

LOL, Open up, this is the police. Dave's not here man.

CaptainKickass
01-13-2017, 12:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/LR8rbeS.jpg

mission
01-13-2017, 01:04 PM

Probably not a legitimate business doing the actual shipping. My rock-climbing, mountain-biking stoner brother lives in Denver and is always saying "Duuuuuuudeeee, I'll send you a care package, it's so cheap here." It's tempting but unless I had some side girlfriends to ship to, I wouldn't want to take that kind of risk. I'm sure Shields just knows someone who lives out there.

red
01-13-2017, 04:30 PM
wow, good couple of days for packers being in the news

pft makes it sound like police went to shields house and searched it because he got a package from a state where weed is legal? is that all it takes for police to go after someone these days? seems shitty

unless of course the package said "petes weed emporium" on it or something like that

pbmax
01-13-2017, 05:14 PM
wow, good couple of days for packers being in the news

pft makes it sound like police went to shields house and searched it because he got a package from a state where weed is legal? is that all it takes for police to go after someone these days? seems shitty

unless of course the package said "petes weed emporium" on it or something like that

Answering the door with weed burning was another tip.

Teamcheez1
01-13-2017, 05:43 PM
With a history of concussions and a $12M salary in 2017, he probably already has seen his last days as a Packer regardless of this.

Also noticed he will turn 30 next year.