PDA

View Full Version : Divisional week other games thread

RashanGary
01-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Just made my first bet in 4 years. Bet the over 52.5 in falcons game. Wilson healthy. Rawls rolling. Earl Thomas best safety in football. Out. Gonna be high scoring. I can't resist. It's too easy.

SMBASS
01-14-2017, 04:04 PM
You're going to need someone to make some big plays and score faster JH. Man, that was the fastest quarter of football I've watched in a long time.

SMBASS
01-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Don't really care about this game but I can't stand Seattle so I'm enjoying watching Julio Jones punk big-mouth Sherman so far.

RashanGary
01-14-2017, 05:05 PM
You're going to need someone to make some big plays and score faster JH. Man, that was the fastest quarter of football I've watched in a long time.

I know, that was annoying. That's how the Packers are gonna play defense, play to prevent the big play and then make a couple splash plays and stops.

All 4 of these NFC teams are about equal. Seattle probably the worst with Thomas out. They'd probably be the best with Thomas.

SMBASS
01-14-2017, 05:12 PM
I know, that was annoying. That's how the Packers are gonna play defense, play to prevent the big play and then make a couple splash plays and stops.

All 4 of these NFC teams are about equal. Seattle probably the worst with Thomas out. They'd probably be the best with Thomas.

You got back on track with the 22 points being scored in the 2nd quarter. I don't think Seattle can stop Atlanta so you should be okay on the +52 if things keep up this way.

QBME
01-14-2017, 06:29 PM
There you go JH. Congrats!

SMBASS
01-14-2017, 06:38 PM
Congrats on the win JH...it was looking a little shaky for a while there!

RashanGary
01-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah, thanks Hester!!! That was scary!

Pugger
01-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Good lord. Atlanta looks like a well oiled machine. They are gonna be tough to beat either there or in Dallas.

Cheesehead Craig
01-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Seattle defense got owned again by a good offense.

King Friday
01-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Good lord. Atlanta looks like a well oiled machine. They are gonna be tough to beat either there or in Dallas.

I think Atlanta is better than Dallas. Their defenses are probably roughly equivalent...but Ryan > Dak, Jones > Dez, and the Falcons run game is to me just as good as that of the Cowboys. You are going to have to put up 35+ points to beat Atlanta.

Pugger
01-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Our offense might be the only one left that can go toe to toe with Atlanta.

gbgary
01-14-2017, 08:16 PM
loved seeing the ospreys go down. i hate everything about sea (except russell).

yetisnowman
01-14-2017, 09:04 PM
As much as I really like our chances against Seattle better than Atlanta I just love watching Seattle lose so much. And I love that ever since Wilson's asinine God boy comments, the Seahawks have nothing but heartbreak and bad karma.

Guiness
01-14-2017, 09:42 PM
Patriots are giving Texans every opportunity to win this game, and they are not taking them. Osweiller makes a great throw to Will Fully in the endzone, and he lets the ball go right through his hands.

And Brady throws another interception.

smuggler
01-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Texans have to be very happy with their effort today. Their are no moral victories in the NFL, but just to be able to have a chance is great, considering the outlook of this game from the start.

smuggler
01-14-2017, 09:56 PM
I think the Texans would win this game if they had a decent QB. They have one of the worst in the league. Such is life in the AFC.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2017, 11:12 PM
I wonder if the Texans have any interest in Romo. Getting him or having Osweiler improve (which I don't really expect) plus getting J.J. Watt back and healthy should make them pretty tough next season.

SMBASS
01-15-2017, 12:09 AM
I wonder if the Texans have any interest in Romo. Getting him or having Osweiler improve (which I don't really expect) plus getting J.J. Watt back and healthy should make them pretty tough next season.

I don't think the Texans can afford to go after Romo. Osweiler has a 19mill cap next year and to release him would be a 25mill hit. If they release him in 2018 they only take a 6mill hit. I was thinking the same thing about Romo until I looked at those numbers. I think the Texans are stuck with him for at least another year. Terrible, terrible signing/contract.

I still wondering if Romo might somehow end up in Denver???

smuggler
01-15-2017, 01:09 AM
I am thinking Romo to Denver is probably a good bet. I don't know how high they are on Siemian(sp), or their other rook QB. That could change things for them.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 08:11 AM
As much as I really like our chances against Seattle better than Atlanta I just love watching Seattle lose so much. And I love that ever since Wilson's asinine God boy comments, the Seahawks have nothing but heartbreak and bad karma.

With you on this.

Pugger
01-15-2017, 08:21 AM
Texans have to be very happy with their effort today. Their are no moral victories in the NFL, but just to be able to have a chance is great, considering the outlook of this game from the start.

If they fix their QB situation they'll be a tough team to beat next year will JJ back in there.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 08:28 AM
I am thinking Romo to Denver is probably a good bet. I don't know how high they are on Siemian(sp), or their other rook QB. That could change things for them.

Despite the fact that they were on TV a lot, I did not watch much of Siemian so I have no idea if the kid can play or not.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 08:28 AM
If they fix their QB situation they'll be a tough team to beat next year will JJ back in there.

Vince Wolfork is making noise about retiring.

Joemailman
01-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Vince Wolfork is making noise about retiring.

He might change his mind if they fix the QB situation.

Fritz
01-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Stick a Wilfork in him. He's done.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 10:54 AM
He might change his mind if they fix the QB situation.

You try passing 40+ times and getting less than 200 yards.

Maybe Wilfork should be the QB.

esoxx
01-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Wonder if Romo ends up in Houston next season.

Tony Oday
01-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Brock wasn't the problem last night. His WR were dropping balls and looked like running sloppy routes.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Brock wasn't the problem last night. His WR were dropping balls and looked like running sloppy routes.

He was definitely A problem.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 41m41 minutes ago
Huge window for Osweiler and he's as late and high as can be on the throw. INT. Game over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2PXUCAWIAA5FMA.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2PXU_TWgAA50pk.jpg

Guiness
01-15-2017, 04:45 PM

Am I the only one who thinks JJ might be in more trouble, both physically and mentally? I look at all the exposure he gets, and for some reason he reminds me of Stalone in Rocky III, with a Crunch Punch chocolate bar endorsement!

Guiness
01-15-2017, 04:52 PM
He was definitely A problem.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 41m41 minutes ago
Huge window for Osweiler and he's as late and high as can be on the throw. INT. Game over.

Was going to point that one out as well, that INT was on him at a crucial time. He made a lot of other mistakes. The way NE was playing (not well) a game manager would've had the Texans in it.

George Cumby
01-15-2017, 07:31 PM
I really hate the Rapist. Go Chiefs.

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Frank Zombo tips the pass that gets picked by KC. Good to see another Ex-Packer doing well.

pittstang5
01-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Frank Zombo tips the pass that gets picked by KC. Good to see another Ex-Packer doing well.

Did anyone else just say, "Frank Zombo?!?! He's still around?"

Good for him!

Bretsky
01-15-2017, 08:24 PM
I think Pitt is dangerous vs NE

I think the Pats beat up on the Chiefs

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Chiefs aparrently are the kings of bend but don't break.

mmmdk
01-15-2017, 09:24 PM
I miss Zombo.

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 09:37 PM
15-10 Pitt leading going to the 4th

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Chiefs aparrently are the kings of bend but don't break.

Pitt kicks 6th FG of the game.

pbmax
01-15-2017, 09:58 PM
I think Pitt is dangerous vs NE

I think the Pats beat up on the Chiefs

NE owns Pittsburgh. Their O coaches have totally figured out their D.

ThunderDan
01-15-2017, 10:07 PM
KC scores a TD and makes the 2 pointer to tie the game. Not quite, holding KC. They miss the 2nd attempt and are down by 2.

King Friday
01-16-2017, 09:55 PM
I think NE/PIT is going to be a great game. For one, Pittsburgh isn't going to be that bad in the red zone again. I also was not impressed at all by New England's play against Houston. At this point in the year, you want to play the toughest teams and win...because it sharpens the sword. Playing a team like Houston, who didn't even deserve a playoff spot...let alone a trip to New England in the divisional round...isn't going to be helpful for the Patriots, who haven't played a truly meaningful game for quite awhile. Like the Packers, the Steelers faced a very difficult opponent this week and survived. Recent playoff history suggests the teams who survive the devastating punches from good teams and move on usually are better off for it...they don't always win, but they rarely get dismantled due to being battle tested.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Pitt has pass rush. Would be absolutely crazy to have a pitt/gb super bowl again! Man, we'd matching up great against their pass rush. Bahk would stone Harrison and AR would make them pay!