PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

vince
01-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Nobody has any particular knowledge about the injury, yet we have strong opinions, including yourself. Of course new details about the injury might change opinions, but we are all arguing based on the reported details. You are no better in this regard than anyone. We have different opinions, that is all.
My opinions relate only to your claims which are based on fundamental ignorance of the actual situation. I have no opinion on the injury because I don't know enough to have anything relevant to say about it.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Right, but nobody is seriously arguing that football is really the same as gladiators; and nobody has brought up the point of athlete exploitation other than a voice in Vince's head.

Sorry, but if I see a picture online, I am compelled to respond. Its why I cannot go to You Tube anymore. Lotsa moving pictures ....

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:17 PM
I did not make the claim that playing Jordy is reasonable.

Shall we review all your posts about the reasonableness of playing football with broken ribs? The wonders of science and technology?

If you want to play this game, then I agree. I don't know Jordy's exact state either. But my bias is against playing based on what we know.

vince
01-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Shall we review all your posts about the reasonableness of playing football with broken ribs? The wonders of science and technology?

If you want to play this game, then I agree. I don't know Jordy's exact state either. But my bias is against playing based on what we know.Go ahead. I made no statement about whether Jordy playing is reasonable. In fact I explicitly said repeatedly that I do not know that. You said you think it is not and I merely provided contradictory information that demonstrates that you don't know whether it is or not.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Go ahead. I made no statement about whether Jordy playing is reasonable. You said you think it is not and I merely provided contradictory information that demonstrates that you don't know whether it is or not.

Well you've convinced me then.

I join you in the valid opinion "we don't know if he should play."

All other opinions reflect only ignorant bias.

(Above is baloney, of course, you were revealing your bias as much as anyone. You want to see Jordy play based on the avail. details. You weren't presenting any arguments why he should sit.)

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2017, 03:33 PM
I think you're both full of shit.:glug:

vince
01-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Well you've convinced me then.

I join you in the valid opinion "we don't know if he should play."

All other opinions reflect only ignorant bias.

(Above is baloney, of course, you were revealing your bias as much as anyone. You want to see Jordy play based on the avail. details. You weren't presenting any arguments why he should sit.)
I did state that it seems like the decision will be based on protection from more serious injury and pain threshold related to achieving full range of motion.

I have no idea whether he should sit or play.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:51 PM
I think you're both full of shit.:glug:

I bet you never played a down of football in your life. You strike me as a doughy pussy.

I just started thinking about my brother. He was a GREAT athlete, could have been a good QB. But he just didn't play. He did wrestling and tennis. In my hometown, this was a crazy thing to do. Even the stoners with athletic abilities played football. My brother didn't want to get yelled at by coaches in August and get into violent collisions. He loved everything about playing football in the backyard for fun. He was way better than anybody else in high school.

I think my brother was 30 years ahead of the time. Me, I'm still getting into violent collisions, only online now.

HowardRoark
01-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Uh oh.

Green Bay Packers @packers
#Packers sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster before NFC title game.
Roster moves http://pckrs.com/sd7m

EDIT: Tretter put on I/R.

Some WR named Max McSomething or another going into a Super Bowl? Get him drunk the night before and I am all in on this one.

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2017, 04:16 PM
I bet you never played a down of football in your life. In fact, I played multiple downs. Here's a photo from my HS yearbook. I played scatback and survived many violent collisions sustaining only nominal brain damage.

http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/cat-hat.jpg

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2017, 04:18 PM
Some WR named Max McSomething or another going into a Super Bowl? Get him drunk the night before and I am all in on this one.I think his last name is McFuckdoggle.

Joemailman
01-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Uh oh.

Green Bay Packers @packers
#Packers sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster before NFC title game.
Roster moves http://pckrs.com/sd7m

EDIT: Tretter put on I/R.

Related to Ed?

Edit:

McCaffrey, 22, is the son of former Pro Bowl receiver Ed McCaffrey and older brother of Christian McCaffrey, who is currently projected as a first-round pick in this year's draft.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
I think my brother was 30 years ahead of the time. Me, I'm still getting into violent collisions, only online now.

Because it's "today's way" of safety and never taking risks and following directions and acting like you don't have a penis and gender identity crisis and angry bitter homosexuals who don't feel accepted and whiny crying emo grown children who could be acting like accountable, adaptable, thriving adults but instead are crying about being opressed by men. What the actual fuck is this 30 years ahead you aspire to? It's a fucking joke, today's time. It's a bunch of idiot sheeple being lead around like cattle to slaughter, being influenced by media and news and horrible entertainment that's constantly planting seeds of dissatisfaction and confusion about the simplest parts of being human.

Following the laws of nature and of ones own nature is not oppression or societal idiocy. It's good and normal. Some people like to compete, like to thrive as a team, like overcoming adversity and rising above a dangerous situation together. But to have those feelings of social achievement and relief and jubilation, the element of danger and suspense has to be there. Some people love it. They're not trying to be macho or prove anything. They're social and human and it's part of being human for some of us. Get over your attempts at trying to intellectualize the human experience and lessen the nature of it all. This is all a bunch of spoon fed brainwashing to socially engineer a pack of spineless idiots who never question the books they're being taught from so believe their ridiculous educations as if it came from a higher authority. Pffft. Fuck that. Try listening to your own soul instead of this intellectualized brainwashing garbage that comes from media, entertainment and state controlled education. It's so obvious, the social programming.

It feels good to win as a team. It feels good to take a risk for the team. It feels good to overcome as a team. That's natural for some of us. Stop the intellectualizing of humanity. The mind is limited. It doesn't work. Some things just are and rationalization doesn't change it.

Fritz
01-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Because it's "today's way" of safety and never taking risks and following directions and acting like you don't have a penis and gender identity crisis and angry bitter homosexuals who don't feel accepted and whiny crying emo grown children who could be acting like accountable, adaptable, thriving adults but instead are crying about being opressed by men. What the actual fuck is this 30 years ahead you aspire to? It's a fucking joke, today's time. It's a bunch of idiot sheeple being lead around like cattle to slaughter, being influenced by media and news and horrible entertainment that's constantly planting seeds of dissatisfaction and confusion about the simplest parts of being human.

Following the laws of nature and of ones own nature is not oppression or societal idiocy. It's good and normal. Some people like to compete, like to thrive as a team, like overcoming adversity and rising above a dangerous situation together. But to have those feelings of social achievement and relief and jubilation, the element of danger and suspense has to be there. Some people love it. They're not trying to be macho or prove anything. They're social and human and it's part of being human for some of us. Get over your attempts at trying to intellectualize the human experience and lessen the nature of it all. This is all a bunch of spoon fed brainwashing to socially engineer a pack of spineless idiots who never question the books they're being taught from so believe their ridiculous educations as if it came from a higher authority. Pffft. Fuck that. Try listening to your own soul instead of this intellectualized brainwashing garbage that comes from media, entertainment and state controlled education. It's so obvious, the social programming.

It feels good to win as a team. It feels good to take a risk for the team. It feels good to overcome as a team. That's natural for some of us. Stop the intellectualizing of humanity. The mind is limited. It doesn't work. Some things just are and rationalization doesn't change it.

When one of my nephews was about six years old, he came out into the living room full of company, rubbing his penis through his pajamas. My sister, his mom, said "Cody, what are you doing?"

"I'm rubbing myself," he replied. "It feels good."

"Cody, you can't do that in front of people!"

My nephew paused for a moment. "Oh, okay," he said. "I'm going back to my room now."

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 05:53 PM
I don't know if public masterbation is the same as wanting to contribute to the team cause, but nature is nature, lol. I'm sure a string of reality or god or whatever you call it, interweaves through both.

hoosier
01-21-2017, 08:02 PM
When one of my nephews was about six years old, he came out into the living room full of company, rubbing his penis through his pajamas. My sister, his mom, said "Cody, what are you doing?"

"I'm rubbing myself," he replied. "It feels good."

"Cody, you can't do that in front of people!"

My nephew paused for a moment. "Oh, okay," he said. "I'm going back to my room now."

Ha ha, Cody doesn't quite match up to Harlan's bro: he's only 6 years ahead of his time!

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 08:03 PM
It's a bunch of idiot sheeple being lead around like cattle to slaughter
Sounds a lot like high school football practice 40 years ago.

hoosier
01-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Predict tomorrow's inactives (7):

Callahan
Elliott
Kerridge
Murphy
Ringo
Starks
Allison*

The decision to activate McCaffrey doesn't make much sense unless they plan to have him active. I suppose they might have done it in case someone has a setback after today, but my guess is that MM isn't as confident in Allison's ability to play hurt as he is with Nelson and Adams, and thus McCaffrey is the sixth receiver and would play if Nelson or Adams had to drop out.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Our high school football summer was exactly like army boot camp, only less pleasant. We had two-a-days, for chrissakes. Early morning practice, then another long afternoon practice. We were always dehydrated, of course.

It was basically a fantasy camp for the men who coached. A lot of yelling and drills. There was very little scrimmaging -you know, playing football. The kids just hated it. Blocking sleds - what drudgery.

The games themselves were a blast. But that was just a small part of it. I remember the happiest day of the season was when it ended. And it wasn't just me, it was like liberation day. Like the end of boot camp in the army.

There are a hundreed sports that are more fun for kids. Basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis .....

Joemailman
01-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Totally off topic but...

Tomorrow is the last game in the Georgia Dome. It opened in 1992. Do stadiums only last 25 years these days?

hoosier
01-21-2017, 09:50 PM
How long did the Garbage Bag in Minneapolis last?

Joemailman
01-21-2017, 09:53 PM
How long did the Garbage Bag in Minneapolis last?

1982-2013.

Pugger
01-21-2017, 10:26 PM
Predict tomorrow's inactives (7):

Callahan
Elliott
Kerridge
Murphy
Ringo
Starks
Allison*

The decision to activate McCaffrey doesn't make much sense unless they plan to have him active. I suppose they might have done it in case someone has a setback after today, but my guess is that MM isn't as confident in Allison's ability to play hurt as he is with Nelson and Adams, and thus McCaffrey is the sixth receiver and would play if Nelson or Adams had to drop out.

I'll be very surprised if Jordy plays tomorrow.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 11:13 PM
Plane touching down in Atlanta was 3.5 hours late. Couldn't leave GB or Appleton because of fog. Had to bus to Milwaukee. Plane met them there, which, given the first sentence, is an interesting development.

The Packers' charter plane to Atlanta for Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Falcons was unable to take off from Green Bay's Austin Straubel International Airport because of heavy fog, and the team was forced to bus 125 miles to Milwaukee in order to fly out, according to multiple sources.

The Packers arrived to Atlanta at around 8 p.m. ET, about 3½ hours later than originally scheduled.

The team was originally scheduled to leave Green Bay at 2 p.m. local time Saturday. All commercial flights out of Green Bay and nearby Appleton on Saturday afternoon were canceled.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18526487/green-bay-packers-flight-atlanta-nfc-championship-game-moved-due-heavy-fog

RashanGary
01-22-2017, 12:38 AM
Our high school football summer was exactly like army boot camp, only less pleasant. We had two-a-days, for chrissakes. Early morning practice, then another long afternoon practice. We were always dehydrated, of course.

Social engineering doesn't require hundreds of thousands of willing conspirators to enact. All you need to do is control the books and the cirriculum. Influence what's taught and influence what's made important and you influence the mass. One education secretary who's basically an ego maniac following the orders of the powers that be to keep his or her own power position can influence an entire generation of people.

I don't know why that type of training was forced on kids? I know this, when the people at the top want something done, they flood the psyche of the people with entertainment, media and education to the point where the victims themselves (regular people) are doing the bidding for the people who are destroying them.

Take women for example. They actually fight for the liberation to work 40 hours a week. Ha, what a crock of shit. I feel sorry for them. Leave me home. I'll be more than happy to not work. But flood the tv and movies and education with a narrative that they're being ripped off and before long they're fighting to go to a shitty job and raise their kids by themselves. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic. What a load of shit.

Training for football like that is a load of shit. I see why you're offended by it. My oldest son found it to be ridiculous too. Loves sports. Hates practice, the way it's done. Is what it is.

I don't know exactly how we're being socially engineered, but I know it's happening because people are just evolving in a way that's absolutely insane. That and I see the value in it. If I wanted to weaken humanity in a way that left them lost and constantly looking to me for answers, id break families and shove my form of "education" down the throats of fatherless children and I'd make moms so busy they can barely parent and I'd have women fighting men and black white and I'd sit back laughing while a handful of superpower families and I tugged the strings of entertainment, news and education and watch the masses be herded exactly where I wanted them. that's what's happening. That's why people believe a backbone is bad and penises are bad and fighting back is bad. They want an obedient mass.

Radagast
01-22-2017, 12:58 AM
As I posted in this thread in post #156 , IMO, Green Bay will defeat Atlanta to win the NFC Championship. Much has been discussed about this game already so I'll quickly make my point. Turnovers will be the determining factor in this shootout.

Green Bay --- 38
Atlanta --- 34

:glug:

scharpcheddar
01-22-2017, 03:19 AM
GB 33-31

Fritz
01-22-2017, 05:36 AM
Plane touching down in Atlanta was 3.5 hours late. Couldn't leave GB or Appleton because of fog. Had to bus to Milwaukee. Plane met them there, which, given the first sentence, is an interesting development.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18526487/green-bay-packers-flight-atlanta-nfc-championship-game-moved-due-heavy-fog

Yet another nail in the coffin - like the Giants or Vikes or whoever having their flight derailed.

The signs are pointing downward.

Atlanta 41
Green Bay 27

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Yet another nail in the coffin - like the Giants or Vikes or whoever having their flight derailed.

The signs are pointing downward.

Atlanta 41
Green Bay 27

NAYSAYER!!!!

Sorry for shouting...

Let's get this party started!! Thankful for having got this far, and hoping I don't have to get shitfaced drunk later today to dampen the disappointment.

vince
01-22-2017, 07:21 AM
Packers injured ready to give it a try (http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/21/packers-injured-ready-give-try/96886328/)

Barring any setbacks during pregame workouts, receivers Jordy Nelson (broken ribs), Davante Adams (ankle) and Geronimo Allison (hamstring), and safety Morgan Burnett (thigh) are going to be available, according to a league source.

vince
01-22-2017, 08:04 AM
NFL Network is reporting that Jordy will suit up today and wear some kind of cutom-made kevlar vest, which is what bullet-proof body armor is made of.

Bossman641
01-22-2017, 08:12 AM
The plane just adds to the overcoming-adversity fire. Pack take it 37-34.

Netmag
01-22-2017, 09:13 AM
I'll be shocked if it's not competitive. It's possible to find a couple of reasons why the Pack might get overwhelmed, but this is the game to determine who's going to the Superbowl. The players should all be focused and leave nothing on the field regardless of any outside motivation. I don't expect to see any uninspired play, so that means it should at least be competitive. We've got nicked up guys and they've got nicked up guys, but still this is for the Superbowl so if they can run on the field then I consider them just as good as 100%. If they're on the field, then they'll be so pumped up that should play like they're 100% for a couple of hours.

It'll come down to the same thing as Dallas. Whose D slows the opponents offense down better. And just like Dallas, if that is pretty much even on both ends then it'll come down to who has the ball last.
I hope our D can control them enough so that it doesn't have to be a track meet or come down to last minute heroics, but they could only do it for barely a half last week so we might have to endure some excitement to get this one.

Bretsky
01-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Time to find some other hobbies for Sunday's rats; our season ends today.

Dom had been on borrowed time trying to keep this defense above water for weeks and he's done a great job finding a way. Today the ship sinks.

Atlanta averages a lot of pts a home an we don't have a drafted player at CB today.

Everything needs to be perfect for our win today; it's time to cherish what we had but reality kicks us in the nuts today.

Atlanta 44
GB 38

The solutions lies within our organization to push us over the top.

Melvanize Ted Thompson; hire Eliot Wolf !

Carolina_Packer
01-22-2017, 09:31 AM
I heard one pundit quoted as saying, whichever team has to settle for field goals will lose.

Fritz
01-22-2017, 09:34 AM
What Bretsky said.

pbmax
01-22-2017, 10:00 AM
I heard one pundit quoted as saying, whichever team has to settle for field goals will lose.

This might be the game that actually makes coaches go for it on 4th down anywhere from midfield in.

Fritz
01-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Just don't call a deep handoff to Montgomery, Mike. Or a short handoff to Rip.

Smidgeon
01-22-2017, 11:04 AM

Apparently the plane couldn't land in Green Bay to pick them up, so it met them in Milwaukee instead.

pbmax
01-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Apparently the plane couldn't land in Green Bay to pick them up, so it met them in Milwaukee instead.

That's kinda what I thought, but, where was the plane prior to Saturday arrival in GB?

Do charters really arrive same day?

Guiness
01-22-2017, 01:18 PM
That's kinda what I thought, but, where was the plane prior to Saturday arrival in GB?

Do charters really arrive same day?

They do, except when they don't.