PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joemailman
01-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Falcons -4 Over/Under 60.5

What a shootout this should be. The 2 QB's combined for about 9400 yards and 78 TD passes and 14 INT's in regular season. Rodgers had perhaps his best game ever in the playoff game at Atlanta in 2011 when he went 31-36, 366 yards and 3 TD's.

Joemailman
01-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Jordy Watch:

After the game, receiver Jordy Nelson, who sat out because of broken ribs, said he was doing much better, but could not say for sure he would be ready to play in the championship game at Atlanta Sunday.

King Friday
01-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Over/Under 60.5

I wonder what the highest over/under has been in the playoffs...this one has to be up there close.

Joemailman
01-15-2017, 10:17 PM
I wonder what the highest over/under has been in the playoffs...this one has to be up there close.

Covers ✔ @Covers
Packers/Falcons total currently 60.5 or 61 at most books.
Highest O/U in our database:
61.5 - STL@SF 2000-01
Playoffs:
59.5 - DET@NO 2011-12

Tony Oday
01-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Gunter vs Julio...we lose in a laugher.

esoxx
01-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Packers will gut Atlanta like a fish.

Joemailman
01-15-2017, 10:36 PM
http://chicksinthehuddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/falcon-dead.jpg

mmmdk
01-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Packers will gut Atlanta like a fish.

Packers will squash Atlanta like a peach.

Packers will gut Atlanta like a...falcon with a fish inside its stomach.

Everything Atlanta's gonna get gutted...and squashed.

channtheman
01-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Matty Melt

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 12:16 AM
9270 tickets available. Fill up the dome with green and gold! http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/3

Bretsky
01-16-2017, 12:55 AM
DOM should get huge credit for a clutch play call at the end and his first half performance. He did a good job with this scat unit holding Dallas to what they got

Atlanta offense is going to tear this unit apart

smuggler
01-16-2017, 01:23 AM
It's been a good run, but the table isn't set up for us to win next week.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 05:02 AM
It's been a good run, but the table isn't set up for us to win next week.

Win the turnover battle and we could come out of there with a two week rest followed by a Super Bowl birth in dallas. But yeah, this is the hardest game on the docket. Davonte isn't going to be right. So we're down our top wr and our #2 dinged bad with a qb who relies a lot on trust.

Whoever we get in the SB is going to be easier than this one. But we have a chance.

I could see Montgomery having a big rushing day in Atlanta too. Run the ball well, play good special teams, win the turnover battle. It's just one game. We could do it and the next one will be a break in the schedule.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 05:06 AM
DOM should get huge credit for a clutch play call at the end and his first half performance. He did a good job with this scat unit holding Dallas to what they got

Atlanta offense is going to tear this unit apart

Ease up on the Packers defense. Lot of good young players there. Had some tough injury luck, but they're getting experience and healthier at CB. Burnett will be back. I think it was a deep quad bruise. He'll be fine. They're not that bad. Good pass rush. Good DL. Excellent safeties and the corners are just getting healthy. I think you underestimate our talent.

Dom is doing a good job winning with young guys too. It's a whole team effort.

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2017, 06:30 AM
Not to nitpick, but when we were up 28-13 midway in the 3rd quarter, and McCarthy started running the ball to kill clock or whatever, losing momentum, wasting a couple of possessions, etc., I was beginning to get pissed off. I'll give him credit for a great game plan and good play calling early, but that reversion to taking his foot off the gas nearly lost the game.

Agreed, Dom did a damn good job, and a lot of our D players held their own individually against maybe more talented O Linemen, WRs, TE, etc. Even though Elliot gashed us for a lot of yardage, he didn't break any big ones and didn't sway the game.

Maybe some dumbasses who were all doom and gloom before this game will be the same against the Falcons - in what should be a slightly less tough game hahahahaha.

Upnorth
01-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Anyone know Burnett's status?

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 07:09 AM
Statistically, Atlanta will be the worst defensive team the Packers have faced in a while. 25th in YPG and 27th in PPG. Opposing QB's threw for 31 TD's and had 12 INT. Their run defense is just average.

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2017, 08:18 AM
I think Burnett's availability will be big. Also, it's time for Damrious Randall to show up. How many times was he the defender in the replay when the Dallas guy was making the catch? He looks lost too much of the time. You figure athletic ability would serve a first rounder until instincts take over, especially at the end of year two.
I thought this going into training camp. TT and Co. is taking their chances with more youth than experience in the defensive back field. Would things be different with Sam Shields? Perhaps, but he had already had a number of concussions, so not keeping more experience may still prove to be a mistake. That said, they are one game away from the Super Bowl because of A-Rod, and the offense, and you just hope the defense can do enough. There appeared to be some close calls getting to Dak yesterday. Our pressure game needs to get home and move around the less athletic Ryan.

mission
01-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Anyone coming to Atlanta for the game? I think I'll be down there...

hoosier
01-16-2017, 08:41 AM
I would like to hear what Fritz's feelings about this game are.

Guiness
01-16-2017, 08:51 AM
The Falcons have a lot of offensive weapons. On top of Julio, the Falcon's two tailbacks, Freeman and Coleman, are dangerous. They are both averaging over 4 YPC and can catch the ball well.

I thought the front 7 did a good job getting after Dak yesterday even with the Cowboy's vaunted OL. Atlanta isn't nearly as good there, and they should be able to harry Ryan pretty well.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Not to nitpick, but when we were up 28-13 midway in the 3rd quarter, and McCarthy started running the ball to kill clock or whatever, losing momentum, wasting a couple of possessions, etc., I was beginning to get pissed off. I'll give him credit for a great game plan and good play calling early, but that reversion to taking his foot off the gas nearly lost the game.

Agreed, Dom did a damn good job, and a lot of our D players held their own individually against maybe more talented O Linemen, WRs, TE, etc. Even though Elliot gashed us for a lot of yardage, he didn't break any big ones and didn't sway the game.

Maybe some dumbasses who were all doom and gloom before this game will be the same against the Falcons - in what should be a slightly less tough game hahahahaha.

Wasn't just running. Running game was going well except for short yardage when they telegraph it and never play action out of it.

Marinelli altered the Boys defense, sending more pressure and at other times keeping both safeties deep. Passing game wasn't the same in the 2nd half as it was in the first. They missed two big pays, had an INT and that is how you go from 21 in a half to 7 prior to FG drives.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Two things: That INT by Dallas #38 seemed to me about a foot or two from being a home run to Adams.

Plus, I thought it was kind of SOP to run the ball right at a fast defense. I don't get the running wide stuff.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Lance Allan @lanceallan
The #Packers inactive list when they lost 33-32 to the #Falcons week 8? Cobb, Randall, Rollins, Starks, Matthews, Montgomery & Cook

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2017, 10:09 AM

Except that didn't happen.

The first drive was 5 called pass plays and 3 runs. The INT killed that drive. Then Dal scored a TD to be down by 8

Next drive was 3 passes and 1 run. Then Dal scored another TD to tie it.

MM didn't take his foot off the gas, Rodgers made a bad throw and the Dallas D played well. Throw in some bad defense on our part and boom, the game is tied. Rodgers doesn't miss Adams, that was a TD and the game is likely over at that point.

hoosier
01-16-2017, 10:13 AM

The first drive was 5 called pass plays and 3 runs. The INT killed that drive. Then Dal scored a TD to be down by 8

MM didn't take his foot off the gas, Rodgers made a bad throw and the Dallas D played well. Throw in some bad defense on our part and boom, the game is tied. Rodgers doesn't miss Adams, that was a TD and the game is likely over at that point.

Yup, Packers struggled to adjust to pressure and man press coverage in second half. Maybe they should have tried running more when it became clear that Marinelli was going with pressure.

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 10:13 AM

Yes.

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn out rest of playoffs with torn bicep.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Advice for Sunday:

A more plausible way for them to shift gears is to be more aggressive in the red zone and on fourth down. Just about every model which uses historical data to gauge win expectancy suggests teams are far too conservative in those situations. Coaches who are underdogs against great offenses, as was the case in both games on Saturday, can't settle for field goals or pass up fourth-and-short opportunities, and as a result, miss out on chances to match points with offenses that are too good to keep down for 60 minutes.

And don't just run from heavy packages on 4th down or short yardage.

Barnwell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18479693/bill-obrien-pete-carroll-failed-coach-underdogs-cost-them

Smidgeon
01-16-2017, 12:46 PM
A comparison of this weekends games betweeen the presumptive MVP and Rodgers.

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0115%2FMattRyan.jpg&w=570

http://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0116%2FAaronRodgers.jpg&w=570

Ryan didn't complete a pass past 20 yards. Rodgers had five. I don't remember the Falcons, but I'd assume a lot of slant and goes based on this. And Rodgers does not attack the middle of the field when playing against Sean Lee.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Where do you find that, smudge? Very interesting to see ar doesn't throw over the middle. I mean, it seems that way, but this proves it.

Netmag
01-16-2017, 01:52 PM
We're in the NFL version of the Final 4 again!

Atlanta has a lot of weapons indeed, but:
1.) Dallas had a lot of weapons too and it was hard to see how we could possibly even slow it down
2.) We've played this team before (at their place) when we were in our worst slump of the year and still almost won
3.) I'm still sticking with the opinion I've expressed the past few weeks. I think it is very hard to beat a good team twice in a season and the Packers are a good team with a great QB.
This is why I actually feel better about playing Atlanta again instead of Seattle. We just beat Seattle a couple a weeks ago so it would really be a tall order to do it again at their place right away. It's not like having to beat the Bears twice or some crap team like that.

Assuming that we're actually competitive, if Atlanta manages to beat us again then I'll feel like they earned it just like I would have felt that way if we lost to Dallas.
Even with our erratic D, I'll be surprised if we're not competitive.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:00 PM
We're in the NFL version of the Final 4 again!

Atlanta has a lot of weapons indeed, but:
1.) Dallas had a lot of weapons too and it was hard to see how we could possibly even slow it down
2.) We've played this team before (at their place) when we were in our worst slump of the year and still almost won
3.) I'm still sticking with the opinion I've expressed the past few weeks. I think it is very hard to beat a good team twice in a season and the Packers are a good team with a great QB.
This is why I actually feel better about playing Atlanta again instead of Seattle. We just beat Seattle a couple a weeks ago so it would really be a tall order to do it again at their place right away. It's not like having to beat the Bears twice or some crap team like that.

Assuming that we're actually competitive, if Atlanta manages to beat us again then I'll feel like they earned it just like I would have felt that way if we lost to Dallas.
Even with our erratic D, I'll be surprised if we're not competitive.

Being realistic, we were the underdog against Dallas and one more time on the road against Atlanta. I think all teams are equal but we're on the road, so underdogs. Anyway, win this one and stay relatively healthy and we won't be underdogs again. We'll be a fortified by fire Super Bowl favorite.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Gosh this is a big game. I just can't believe we're a win away from Super Bowl.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
I hate to say it, but I kind of envisioned that game against Dallas. Hard for me to envision beating Atlanta with Davante dinged up and Jordy out. We gonna go Cobb, Allison, Cook, Ripkowski and Monty as our main 5?

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Beating Atlanta will come down to pass rush, turnovers and finding a way without our top two WRs healthy. Adams is fucked up.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Get through this one though and we'll have a healthy, fresh jordy and Adams in decent shape and everyone else along with it. The defense will be so much stronger with a rest week.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Man, I hope we win it this year. We have so many good young players who will be better next year and we shouldn't lose much. We have a chance to make a special run!

Upnorth
01-16-2017, 02:32 PM
Any update on Rawlins? Still concussion protocol, but nothing else? Also anything more than a sprain on adams?

pbmax
01-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Any update on Rawlins? Still concussion protocol, but nothing else? Also anything more than a sprain on adams?

Rollins as of end of week was still in protocol but practicing close to full. He is on last step or two.

mission
01-16-2017, 03:25 PM
MM's PC today said they felt positive about all the injuries from yesterday, but would have a better idea Wednesday. Even Jordy "worked out" today whatever that means.

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 04:00 PM
MM PC:

Practice schedule won't change much. Some players with more media responsibility because of high profile game.

Jordy was able to do everything they wanted him to do in weight room today. Don't know if he'll practice on Wed.

Not major concerns about Burnett. Will know more Wed.

Gave Rodgers credit for orchestrating play and protections on last drive. Said Rodgers has menu of plays and protections to choose from.

Joemailman
01-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Where the hell is Fritz? I need to know why I shouldn't even bother watching on Sunday.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Where the hell is Fritz? I need to know why I shouldn't even bother watching on Sunday.

He is trying to rein in his disappointment and gather the strength to post.

King Friday
01-16-2017, 09:48 PM
This game is a complete crapshoot in my mind. Neither team has any defense...both teams have crazy good offenses. If you want to know how this game is likely to play out, stick a tape of this year's Rose Bowl in your VCR and hit the button with that looks like a sideways triangle.

RashanGary
01-16-2017, 10:11 PM
This is our worst matchup possible. Atlanta has a great passing qb and a truly great wr as well as a solid ol and two really good RBs. They're going to have their way. Their STs is good and their defense looked good against Seattle, but Seattle couldn't block worth shit so that might be completely null and void. Plus, Packers are warn out and beat up. A crippled Davante Adams and no Jordy spells trouble.

I'm picking Atlanta in this one, unfortunately, but I'm going to be jumping up and down in awe and happiness if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong!

I'm gonna hope we win the ST and turnover battle, and somehow pull this out! If MM, DC, AR and company find a way to win, we're SB favorites in my mind (health withstanding)

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 12:09 AM
This is our worst matchup possible. Atlanta has a great passing qb and a truly great wr as well as a solid ol and two really good RBs. They're going to have their way. Their STs is good and their defense looked good against Seattle, but Seattle couldn't block worth shit so that might be completely null and void. Plus, Packers are warn out and beat up. A crippled Davante Adams and no Jordy spells trouble.

I'm picking Atlanta in this one, unfortunately, but I'm going to be jumping up and down in awe and happiness if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong!

I'm gonna hope we win the ST and turnover battle, and somehow pull this out! If MM, DC, AR and company find a way to win, we're SB favorites in my mind (health withstanding)

hahahahaha Seriously? We just beat the Cowboys who have a better O Line, a better RB, arguably a better QB - mobility and caution factored in, at least an equally bad defense, and about the same quality receivers. Before that, we beat the Giants who might actually have had a D to be concerned with and receivers, etc. that matched up to our disadvantage.

The most significant post I've seen was where somebody posted who we had out injured when we lost 33-32 at their place: Cook, Matthews, Randall, Rollins, Montgomery, Starks, and somebody else of significance I can't recall. In addition, the Falcons lost starting DE Adrian Clayborn; Their star pass rusher, Beasley is less than 100% as is Julio Jones.

I'm not saying it's gonna be an easy win, but the Packers are capable of playing better than they played against the Cowboys, and the Falcons are not as good a team as the Cowboys.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 08:30 AM
hahahahaha Seriously? We just beat the Cowboys who have a better O Line, a better RB, arguably a better QB - mobility and caution factored in, at least an equally bad defense, and about the same quality receivers. Before that, we beat the Giants who might actually have had a D to be concerned with and receivers, etc. that matched up to our disadvantage.

Packers just faced #5 offense in Dallas. Falcons are #1 on Offense.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Statistically maybe, but I doubt the Falcons O Line is near as good as the Cowboys. The way Dak played last week, he's better than Ryan. Neither of the two Falcon RBs is close to as good as Ezekial Elliot. I can't even think of the Falcons TE, but he ain't Witten-quality. Dez ain't quite Julio, but the rest of the Cowboy wideouts are probably better than the rest of the Falcons - and Julio is slightly injured.

Joemailman
01-17-2017, 09:38 AM
I feel more confident about this game than I did the Dallas game. I think this game will come down to a 4th quarter battle between Ryan and Rodgers. Who's gonna blink? I don't think it will be Rodgers.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Statistically maybe, but I doubt the Falcons O Line is near as good as the Cowboys. The way Dak played last week, he's better than Ryan. Neither of the two Falcon RBs is close to as good as Ezekial Elliot. I can't even think of the Falcons TE, but he ain't Witten-quality. Dez ain't quite Julio, but the rest of the Cowboy wideouts are probably better than the rest of the Falcons - and Julio is slightly injured.Anyone reading this would think you're from Dallas. hahahaha

I think we must give the Falcons their due respect. Dak is NOT better than Ryan. Did you watch Ryan against Seattle?

And both ATL running backs = Zeke. And Dez can't hold Julio's cleats.

Just saying.

smuggler
01-17-2017, 11:00 AM
This is house money. No shame in losing. A puncher's chance to win. I'll be happy with a good showing, provided we do not shit the bed at the end as we did against Seattle.

hoosier
01-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense. I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense. I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.Seattle was absent Earl Thomas, who is the glue in their secondary, much as Morgan Burnett is in ours. Let's hope Burnett is back 100%. Plus, being a Georgia native and having played at Georgia Tech, Burnett might just have some extra incentive to do well.

Rutnstrut
01-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Statistically maybe, but I doubt the Falcons O Line is near as good as the Cowboys. The way Dak played last week, he's better than Ryan. Neither of the two Falcon RBs is close to as good as Ezekial Elliot. I can't even think of the Falcons TE, but he ain't Witten-quality. Dez ain't quite Julio, but the rest of the Cowboy wideouts are probably better than the rest of the Falcons - and Julio is slightly injured.

What are you smoking/drinking to think Dak is a better QB than Ryan? I'm not saying the Packers for sure lose this, but you are wrong about Dak being better. I take that back, I am saying GB loses. I just don't think they can luck out again, their defense is just too depleted. Then again Atlanta probably CAN'T win, they have free agents and a high draft pick player that they gave up a lot to get.

ThunderDan
01-17-2017, 12:07 PM
What are you smoking/drinking to think Dak is a better QB than Ryan? I'm not saying the Packers for sure lose this, but you are wrong about Dak being better. I take that back, I am saying GB loses. I just don't think they can luck out again, their defense is just too depleted. Then again Atlanta probably CAN'T win, they have free agents and a high draft pick player that they gave up a lot to get.

I am sure you would have said the same thing the last 3 years when ATL went 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8 with Julio and Matty Ice both there.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Nelson Update: There is a chance he plays, but a small one.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18494589/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-slim-chance-play

Joemailman
01-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense.

The Seattle defense on the road late in the year has not been better than the Dallas defense at home. The Seattle defense gave up 30+ points in 3 out of their last 6 games.

I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.

If Burnett and Rollins are out, that's possible. However, the Packers defense has been respectable late in the year when they're not having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find guys to play in the defensive secondary.

Over the last 6 weeks the Packers have scored 38, 30, 38, 31, 38 and 34 points. All against respectable defenses. Falcons have averaged 34 PPG. If the Packers hold them to that, they have a chance.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Atlanta was a bad matchup for them. They don't have the offense anymore to take advantage of the Falcons weakness.

Zool
01-17-2017, 01:41 PM
arguably a better QB

Nope

pbmax
01-17-2017, 01:59 PM
https://vimeo.com/199449134

pbmax
01-17-2017, 02:01 PM
That the video features multiple instances of Cowherd being wrong is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

yetisnowman
01-17-2017, 02:06 PM
I am sure you would have said the same thing the last 3 years when ATL went 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8 with Julio and Matty Ice both there.

Um this is Dak' s only season, so you are comparing where they both are at this juncture...not hypotheticals about past seasons. Matt Ryan will likely win the MvP, and the Falcons have basically been the best offense in football since week 1. Dallas has an efficient and good offense....but Atlanta's is explosive.

yetisnowman
01-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Nope

Yeah I'm waiting to hear how "arguably" fits here. There's no argument that Dak is as good or better than Ryan this season. Ryan threw for 1400 more yards and 15 more tds

ThunderDan
01-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Um this is Dak' s only season, so you are comparing where they both are at this juncture...not hypotheticals about past seasons. Matt Ryan will likely win the MvP, and the Falcons have basically been the best offense in football since week 1. Dallas has an efficient and good offense....but Atlanta's is explosive.

No, I agree that Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Dak this year.

My issue is that Rut is saying look at what ATL has done in player acquisition but didn't make the same point when the same players were going 4-12, 6-10 or 8-8.

Smidgeon
01-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Burnett may be the biggest injury right now. The pass defense (HHCD included) performs much better with him on the field.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 22m22 minutes ago
Rodgers: 1-17 as an underdog when GB allows 26+ points (first win: Sunday in Dallas)

ATL has scored 28+ in all but one home game this year

ThunderDan
01-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Rodgers: 1-17 as an underdog when GB allows 26+ points (first win: Sunday in Dallas)

It's a hard row to hoe when you put up 45 points and lose.

gbgary
01-17-2017, 03:57 PM
to me the dal game was 50/50 depending on when you asked me. it rode on who's d would play best. it turned out to be the last team with the ball wins.

this game doesn't quite feel the same to me. it might come down to last team with the ball but...i've got a feeling the playoff run might come to an end...60/40.

either way...after last week, living HERE, my season is pretty much made. i won't be too disappointed...unless we get totally screwed by the refs.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Another valuable Free Agent

Green Bay Packers @packers
#Packers sign CB Bené Benwikere to the practice squad.

Roster moves: http://pckrs.com/m4l4

gbgary
01-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Another valuable Free Agent

#Packers sign CB Bené Benwikere to the practice squad.

Roster moves: http://pckrs.com/m4l4

Thanks to Julio Jones, the Panthers' Bene Benwikere was the NFL's worst player in Week 4 (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/julio-jones-bene-benwikere-all-22-carolina-panthers-atlanta-falcons-week-4)

pbmax
01-17-2017, 05:52 PM

Ryan's record in similar games:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 2h2 hours ago
Scott Kacsmar Retweeted Beau
6-22

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 06:09 PM
No, I agree that Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Dak this year.

My issue is that Rut is saying look at what ATL has done in player acquisition but didn't make the same point when the same players were going 4-12, 6-10 or 8-8.

I'll stop short of saying Dak has been better this season, but I will say 4 things: 1. As was said or implied, Ryan hasn't been that great until this year, 2. Dak is still on the way up - the way he played last week against the Packers even was better than the already high level he played all season, 3. Dak has a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in him in that he doesn't take many chances/throw a lot of interceptions, whereas Ryan kinda leans the other way, in the games I've seen him anyway, and 4. Mobility means a lot these days; Prescott has it, Ryan doesn't.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 06:13 PM

You're saying the Packers have been underdogs 18 times since Rodgers was the starting QB? That's hard to believe.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2017, 06:28 PM
I'll stop short of saying Dak has been better this season, but I will say 4 things: 1. As was said or implied, Ryan hasn't been that great until this year, 2. Dak is still on the way up - the way he played last week against the Packers even was better than the already high level he played all season, 3. Dak has a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in him in that he doesn't take many chances/throw a lot of interceptions, whereas Ryan kinda leans the other way, in the games I've seen him anyway, and 4. Mobility means a lot these days; Prescott has it, Ryan doesn't.Ryan has been a top QB in the league for years. Both Ryan and Arod have thrown 7 INT's this year.

I'll ask again. Did you watch Ryan play against Seattle? Granted he's not as mobile as Arod, but he ran for several 1st downs vs Seattle. Plus, he doesn't necessarily need mobility if he gets rid of the ball as quickly as he did against Seattle. And most throws right on target.

Dom apparently wanted to contain Zeke and make Dak beat them with his arm. I guaran-damn-tee you Dom doesn't go into Atlanta employing the same strategy.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Here are some numbers behind the Rodgers Ryan thing Kacsmar is tweeting about.

Packers had 2 OT in those underdog games. Falcons 3.

Average Score in Packers games: 23.7 to 34.9

Average Score in Falcons games: 23.5 to 32.1

Rodgers outscores Ryan in these games (barely), but his defense surrenders more points. Nearly 3 points is a lot in NFL averages.

Rodgers has made 15 playoff starts, 135 reg season starts for total of 150. With 2 more games, he has been an underdog with a defense allowing 26+ points 10 less times than Ryan. When it happens, his defense allows 35 points.

Ryan has made 6 playoff starts, 142 reg season starts for total of 148. With 2 fewer games, Ryan has been an underdog with a D allowing 26+ points 10 more times and has 5 more wins to show for it (3 of them this year). When it happens, his D allows 32 points.

RashanGary
01-17-2017, 07:30 PM
As time goes on, I like our chances more and more. AR is going to have unlimited time against a limited pass rush. We're going to run up the score. I keep hoping for a solid day from our CBs and I do think we have the players on roster to win. We have a shot. Man, i want a SB run this year!!!

yetisnowman
01-17-2017, 07:46 PM
I'll stop short of saying Dak has been better this season, but I will say 4 things: 1. As was said or implied, Ryan hasn't been that great until this year, 2. Dak is still on the way up - the way he played last week against the Packers even was better than the already high level he played all season, 3. Dak has a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in him in that he doesn't take many chances/throw a lot of interceptions, whereas Ryan kinda leans the other way, in the games I've seen him anyway, and 4. Mobility means a lot these days; Prescott has it, Ryan doesn't.

Ryan's mobility has improved dramatically since entering the league. He was an absolute statue coming out of college. Now he isn't and elusive and he won't beat you with his legs per as but he has learned how to be much more agile and shift in the pocket to avoid rushers, and throw after shifting his feet. Pay closer attention to his highlights from this season, it's been a key to his success this year.

Joemailman
01-17-2017, 11:07 PM
Do you believe in The Jinx?

https://nflcompackers.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/170117-si-cover-950.jpg?w=300&h=397

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 11:52 PM
Ryan's mobility has improved dramatically since entering the league. He was an absolute statue coming out of college. Now he isn't and elusive and he won't beat you with his legs per as but he has learned how to be much more agile and shift in the pocket to avoid rushers, and throw after shifting his feet. Pay closer attention to his highlights from this season, it's been a key to his success this year.

He's still a lot closer to Eli than to Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott.

RashanGary
01-18-2017, 12:13 AM
Falcons lose Adrian clayborn. He's their second best pass rusher. So they're left with one guy who can rush the passer against Aaron Rodgers. We're going to light them the fuck up!

HarveyWallbangers
01-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Interesting that Atlanta is 12-5. They've played 7 games against teams with a winning record and 8 teams with a losing record. The Packers are 12-6. They've played 10 games against teams with a winning record, three teams that went 8-8, and just 6 games against teams with a losing record. The Falcons are 6-3 at home. The Packers are 5-4 on the road. The Packers lost 33-32 at Atlanta during their four game losing streak, without Randall Cobb, Jared Cook, Ty Montgomery, and Clay Matthews (but with Jordy Nelson). Atlanta led the league in scoring, but the Packers are scoring at about the same rate as Atlanta during their winning streak. Statistically, the Falcons defense is worse than the Packers (in points/game, yards/game, 3rd down %, fewer sacks, fewer interceptions). This game is pretty much a tossup. The Falcons are at home, but Ryan has a giant monkey on his back. The Packers have momentum.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-18-2017, 06:34 AM
Ok, I'm finally sober from the game. Time to start drinking to get ready for Sunday.

Seriously, I really really want this game. Seeing the Packers in the SuperBowl again before I die would be very very cool...

vince
01-18-2017, 08:47 AM
You're saying the Packers have been underdogs 18 times since Rodgers was the starting QB? That's hard to believe.
The Packers have been underdogs 40 times since Rodgers was the starting QB, and they're 15-25 in those games. That includes games in which he did not play though, which I'll try to take out of consideration.
Here's the link. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2008&year_max=2016&game_type=E&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&team_conf_id=All%20Conferences&team_div_id=All%20Divisions&opp_conf_id=All%20Conferences&opp_div_id=All%20Divisions&team_off_scheme=Any%20Scheme&team_def_align=Any%20Alignment&opp_off_scheme=Any%20Scheme&opp_def_align=Any%20Alignment&c1stat=vegas_line&c1comp=gt&c1val=.5&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=pass_td&team_id=gnb)

2008 8 (2-6)
2009 4 (2-2)
2010 5 (3-2) (Rodgers didn't play vs. NWE - L)
2011 1 (1-0) (Rodgers didn't play vs. DET - W)
2012 3 (1-2)
2013 6 (1-5) (Rodgers didn't play vs. PHI - L, NYG - L, DET - L, DAL - L)
2014 4 (0-4)
2015 4 (2-2)
2016 5 (3-2)

So that makes the Packers 14-20 in 34 games in which Rodgers started as the underdog, which ranks 7th best winning % in the league as the underdog.

In that time only New England (21) has been an underdog fewer times than Green Bay.

ThunderDan
01-18-2017, 08:57 AM
The Packers have been underdogs 40 times since Rodgers was the starting QB, and they're 15-25 in those games. That includes games in which he did not play though, which I'll try to take out of consideration.
Here's the link. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&year_min=2008&year_max=2016&game_type=E&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&team_conf_id=All%20Conferences&team_div_id=All%20Divisions&opp_conf_id=All%20Conferences&opp_div_id=All%20Divisions&team_off_scheme=Any%20Scheme&team_def_align=Any%20Alignment&opp_off_scheme=Any%20Scheme&opp_def_align=Any%20Alignment&c1stat=vegas_line&c1comp=gt&c1val=.5&c2stat=choose&c2comp=gt&c3stat=choose&c3comp=gt&c4stat=choose&c4comp=gt&c5comp=choose&c5gtlt=lt&c6mult=1.0&c6comp=choose&order_by=pass_td&team_id=gnb)

2008 8 (2-6)
2009 4 (2-2)
2012 3 (1-2)
2013 6 (1-5) (Rodgers didn't play vs. PHI - L, NYG - L, DET - L)
2014 4 (0-4)
2015 4 (2-2)
2016 5 (3-2)

So that makes the Packers 14-21 in 35 games in which Rodgers started as the underdog, which ranks 7th best winning % in the league as the underdog.

In that time only New England (21) has been an underdog fewer times than Green Bay.

And let me do the selective cherry picking!

Let's throw out ARod's first year as a starter as he was just learning the ropes. That puts him at 12-15 or almost 44.5%. :pack:

vince
01-18-2017, 09:13 AM
I missed the Dallas game in 2013 so it's actually 12-14 since 2009, .462 ranks 3rd best in that time.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Ryan has been a top QB in the league for years. Both Ryan and Arod have thrown 7 INT's this year.

I'll ask again. Did you watch Ryan play against Seattle? Granted he's not as mobile as Arod, but he ran for several 1st downs vs Seattle. Plus, he doesn't necessarily need mobility if he gets rid of the ball as quickly as he did against Seattle. And most throws right on target.

Dom apparently wanted to contain Zeke and make Dak beat them with his arm. I guaran-damn-tee you Dom doesn't go into Atlanta employing the same strategy.

I didn't see your post until this morning - that's why I didn't respond sooner. I saw part of the Seattle Atlanta game. I still say Ryan ain't even close mobility-wise to either Rodgers or Prescott. Accuracy-wise he is, but awareness-wise and caution-wise he falls well short also.

Rodgers' 7 interceptions were mostly early on when he was in some kind of a funk. Recently, he has been head and shoulders ahead of Ryan and everybody else (stating the obvious hahahaha). If you made a comparison "for years", I suspect Ryan wouldn't even come close to Rodgers in TDs to INTs.

I agree (as I posted in some thread) that Dom will conjure up a whole other strategy for the Falcons - a lot more pass rush, less emphasis on the run, risk giving them some big plays in order to lessen their short and mid-range passing game. I guaran-damn-tee you that Dom will try to make Ryan use that mobility and his RBs instead of having so many open receivers in short zones like we let the Cowboys have.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2017, 09:47 AM

2008 8 (2-6)
2009 4 (2-2)
2012 3 (1-2)
2013 6 (1-5) (Rodgers didn't play vs. PHI - L, NYG - L, DET - L, DAL - L)
2014 4 (0-4)
2015 4 (2-2)
2016 5 (3-2)

So that makes the Packers 14-20 in 34 games in which Rodgers started as the underdog, which ranks 7th best winning % in the league as the underdog.

I meant 18 times in the playoffs was heard to believe, but either way, these numbers are surprising - I'm not questioning your stats, just that I'm shocked by them.

pbmax
01-18-2017, 10:05 AM
He's still a lot closer to Eli than to Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott.

On that list, only Rodgers has had a season to rival Ryan's 2016. He has been remarkable this year.

pbmax
01-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Do you believe in The Jinx?

https://nflcompackers.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/170117-si-cover-950.jpg?w=300&h=397

Regional covers.

pbmax
01-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Kacsmar is trying to say that the Packers don't do well in shootouts (Packer D allowing more than 26 points) when underdogs.

More generally, Packers are 16-38-1 when allowing 26+ points. Falcons are 17-40.

http://pfref.com/tiny/n2Up4

Kacsmar wants you to believe the Packers won't fare well as underdogs. I think that may the wrong question. As these numbers guys say, sometimes splits happen.

I don't think 5 fewer wins as underdogs in this scenario means much given the overwhelming chance of losing such a game (need to score 4 TDs just to be competitive). Since BOTH teams are in this boat, I don't think underdog comes into it much UNLESS its proven the Falcons are clearly a superior team.

I think the earlier game this year disabuses that notion. I think the Packer D will be more effective than people think.

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2017, 11:24 AM
I'm sick of all the jabbering. It's a great day for a ball game.

let's play two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz
01-18-2017, 12:33 PM
I would like to hear what Fritz's feelings about this game are.

Fritz feels sad.

Fritz admires the spirit and tenacity of this year's version of the Green Bay Packers; he admires the way Rodgers has upped his game after being dogged by so many people (including Fritz) for his earlier play. The Dallas game was, from an entertainment standpoint, some of the best the NFL can offer; from a Packer fan's standpoint, from Rodgers's interception on it was agonizing.

They've had a great season. But as Pete Dougherty has pointed out, you can only keep up the smoke and mirrors for so long.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/16/long-playoff-grind-taking-toll-packers/96638478/

When you're in must-win mode week after week after week after week, when you've played sixteen weeks in a row, when your opponent is vastly healthier and has had a previous week off, when your #1 cornerback and #1 running back have been long gone, when your last victory sees you without your #1 wide receiver, your #2 wide receiver limping, your veteran safety limping, your starting left corner hurting, your star left tackle gimping, and your pre-season practice-squad-phenom-if-he-can-learn-the-game-in-time playing cornerback in the divisional round of the playoffs, then you've just plain run out of gas.

I don't blame anyone. That Packer defense, as horrible as it was, is running on fumes. As several have pointed out here, it's a beat-up group. Physically - and, I would argue, emotionally. You can only be in the pressure cooker for so long before it all blows up. And this is that game.

Atlanta has the best offense in the entire league. Don't believe me? Check the statistics. Their defense is horrible, for sure - but is healthier than the Packer defense. And more rested.

Look at this unofficial Packer depth chart from early this season:
Shields
Randall
Rollins
Gunther
Hyde
Goodson
Dorleant
Hawkins

Eight corners, if you count Hyde. Three are gone for the year, one has missed significant time now in the playoffs, and one has been playing hurt since his groin surgery (and has suffered other injuries since). Now Gunther's hurting. That leaves Hyde and Hawkins.

Then you have a defense that has not been stellar stopping the run, and it faces not one but two pretty stellar running backs, who pose different problems for defenses.

The wheels come off the bus this weekend. I called it in Dallas last weekend, and I was wrong, but does anyone want to tell me the wheels didn't at least start coming off the bus once Rodgers threw that interception? You all saw that last quarter, didn't you?

I think Rodgers has valiantly carried this team. He did it against Dallas. But I think it's too much to ask or think he can do it again. I see Atlanta putting up 40+.

Fritz is sad.

RashanGary
01-18-2017, 01:30 PM
I kind of agree fritz, but I'm still gonna hope!

Maxie the Taxi
01-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Fritz, Gunter's hurting? I hadn't heard that. What's up with him?

Cheesehead Craig
01-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Fritz, Gunter's hurting? I hadn't heard that. What's up with him?

Nothing official on him, just the collision on Sunday. I'm sure something's sore on him.

vince
01-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Atlanta's defense more active since first meeting with Packers (http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/Atlantas-defense-more-active-since-first-meeting-with-Packers/8ca25f4f-6af1-485e-9312-f304b0ef6b29)

Since their Week 11 bye, the Falcons’ defense has generated 13 turnovers in the last seven games, including last week’s divisional playoff vs. Seattle. That win, combined with Green Bay’s victory in Dallas, has set up Atlanta to host Sunday’s NFC title game against the Packers.

The turnover surge has been a huge factor in allowing only two of their last seven opponents to top 20 points after some much rougher defensive outings earlier in the season, including against Green Bay in a last-minute, 33-32 victory in Week 8.

“We’re much closer to the style and vision we’d like to play, playing with that kind of speed and intensity and tackling,” Atlanta head coach Dan Quinn said in a conference call with Green Bay media on Wednesday. “It came from experience. We needed more turns together, and the communication has picked up.”
It's very hard to see them replicating this against Rodgers this weekend.

Fritz
01-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Nothing official on him, just the collision on Sunday. I'm sure something's sore on him.

Buzzfeed says he hurt his wiener.

pbmax
01-18-2017, 06:17 PM
M3 Wednesday Presser

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5h5 hours ago
McCarthy: Jordy Nelson will be working with the rehab group today #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5h5 hours ago
McCarthy on Rodgers’ improvement: We’ve improved as an offense. We changed direction how we start games, emphasis with how used no huddle.

McCarthy on Kenny Clark: Played well. See snaps have gone up. Last six weeks taken a big jump. Happy with progress.

McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will be working in the rehab group today #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5h5 hours ago
MM on Crosby's struggles in 2012: "We always believed in the man and obviously you can see why."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5h5 hours ago
McCarthy on @crosbykicks2: He's the ultimate professional. His mental toughness is unique. I think that's what separates him.

McCarthy on Jared Cook: He was here as much as could in off-season. Definitely a transition. Look at him now, he’s playing great football.

MM on Atlanta's offense: Playing great and have done so all year. Most consistent offense. Starts up front, Ryan having MVP-type season.

McCarthy on Matt Ryan: Always been a fan. Had to make some changes with offensive systems. Composed, always handled tough situations well.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 5h5 hours ago
McCarthy said Bakhtiari/Bulaga will work in a limited fashion. Rollins is close to clearing concussion protocol. Adams in the rehab group.

McCarthy said Joe Thomas is a young player continuing to improve at inside linebacker. "Joe has probably taken two steps this year."

McCarthy on depth: Young players played early and often. We’ll need them this week. This is the NFL.

McCarthy on WR coach Luke Getsy: Just look at the results. Every one of those young guys has improved a lot. Davante taken a big step.

McCarthy on Micah Hyde: Don’t know position he hasn’t played outside offensive and defensive line. His personality fits locker room.

QUARTERBACK?

Can Adams play on Sunday? "We'll see," MM says. Maybe will practice on Saturday. So that's not a great response.

THAT'S NOT PAWSITIVE

McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron's competitiveness never turns off. It's all day every day. Most competitive player in our building.

McCarthy said he doesn't expect Davante Adams to practice until Saturday. Want to see him move throughout week #Packers

SLIGHTLY MORE PAWSITIVE?

pbmax
01-18-2017, 06:19 PM
SPOON SUMMARY

#Packers injuries: Nelson, Burnett, Adams not practicing. Adams will practice Saturday at earliest. Nelson a ? again. Bakhtiari, Bulaga, OK.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2fUZUmXUAA45IV.jpg:large

hoosier
01-18-2017, 08:04 PM
Jeezus, I wonder if Janis has another Arizona game in him. They are going to need it.

pbmax
01-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Jeezus, I wonder if Janis has another Arizona game in him. They are going to need it.

This time lets hail mary before the end of the game.

"Jeff, I don't care how you get there, but 4.5 seconds after the snap, I am throwing the ball to the base of the upright."

A Janis post route.

Joemailman
01-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Montgomery lining up more at WR this week.

esoxx
01-18-2017, 08:46 PM
What is Jarrett Boykin up to?

Bossman641
01-18-2017, 09:03 PM
One would think we're due for some good injury news, right? Right?

Smidgeon
01-18-2017, 10:50 PM
M3 Wednesday Presser

McCarthy: Jordy Nelson will be working with the rehab group today #Packers

McCarthy on Rodgers’ improvement: We’ve improved as an offense. We changed direction how we start games, emphasis with how used no huddle.

McCarthy on Kenny Clark: Played well. See snaps have gone up. Last six weeks taken a big jump. Happy with progress.

McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will be working in the rehab group today #Packers

MM on Crosby's struggles in 2012: "We always believed in the man and obviously you can see why."

McCarthy on @crosbykicks2: He's the ultimate professional. His mental toughness is unique. I think that's what separates him.

McCarthy on Jared Cook: He was here as much as could in off-season. Definitely a transition. Look at him now, he’s playing great football.

MM on Atlanta's offense: Playing great and have done so all year. Most consistent offense. Starts up front, Ryan having MVP-type season.

McCarthy on Matt Ryan: Always been a fan. Had to make some changes with offensive systems. Composed, always handled tough situations well.

McCarthy said Bakhtiari/Bulaga will work in a limited fashion. Rollins is close to clearing concussion protocol. Adams in the rehab group.

McCarthy said Joe Thomas is a young player continuing to improve at inside linebacker. "Joe has probably taken two steps this year."

McCarthy on depth: Young players played early and often. We’ll need them this week. This is the NFL.

McCarthy on WR coach Luke Getsy: Just look at the results. Every one of those young guys has improved a lot. Davante taken a big step.

McCarthy on Micah Hyde: Don’t know position he hasn’t played outside offensive and defensive line. His personality fits locker room.

QUARTERBACK?

Can Adams play on Sunday? "We'll see," MM says. Maybe will practice on Saturday. So that's not a great response.

THAT'S NOT PAWSITIVE

McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron's competitiveness never turns off. It's all day every day. Most competitive player in our building.

McCarthy said he doesn't expect Davante Adams to practice until Saturday. Want to see him move throughout week #Packers

SLIGHTLY MORE PAWSITIVE?

Isn't this usually reversed for rookies? Start well then fade? I think I like this Clark kid.

Fritz
01-19-2017, 05:47 AM
The walking wounded. And some of them aren't even walking.

Upnorth
01-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Isn't this usually reversed for rookies? Start well then fade? I think I like this Clark kid.

Had his best game so far against the dallas oline. I think that says great things.

In a way its too bad he isn't soft. I miss Wist.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Its nice to hear the latest status of who is hurt, what we should expect for upcoming game, etc, but seriously, is it really only Thursday? LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED!!!!

Maxie the Taxi
01-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Its nice to hear the latest status of who is hurt, what we should expect for upcoming game, etc, but seriously, is it really only Thursday? LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED!!!!I'm with you buddy. These young pups just don't understand the urgency of old age...

RashanGary
01-19-2017, 10:00 AM
The walking wounded. And some of them aren't even walking.

If we don't have Adams or Nelson or even if Adams is a hobbled mess like last year, we're fucked. Janis is an actual retard and Davis is halfway there and a rookie.

I envision Cobb, cook, Allison,Monty and Rip as our main 5. We still have a shot, but I don't see anyone stretching the field in this group.

Not saying we're gonna lose, just don't like our chances. If we win, with the bye week to get Adams and Nelson back, I think we're gonna be favorites. So I'm really hoping!

Upnorth
01-19-2017, 10:14 AM
If we don't have Adams or Nelson or even if Adams is a hobbled mess like last year, we're fucked. Janis is an actual retard and Davis is halfway there and a rookie.

I envision Cobb, cook, Allison,Monty and Rip as our main 5. We still have a shot, but I don't see anyone stretching the field in this group.

Not saying we're gonna lose, just don't like our chances. If we win, with the bye week to get Adams and Nelson back, I think we're gonna be favorites. So I'm really hoping!

Favorites???? Maybe, maybe against Steelers, but definitely not against the pats.

Cheesehead Craig
01-19-2017, 10:23 AM
SPOON SUMMARY

#Packers injuries: Nelson, Burnett, Adams not practicing. Adams will practice Saturday at earliest. Nelson a ? again. Bakhtiari, Bulaga, OK.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2fUZUmXUAA45IV.jpg:large

Janis is a limited participant, but it has nothing to do with injury.

RashanGary
01-19-2017, 10:34 AM
http://m.packers.com/news/video/the-rock-report-degree-of-difficulty-06bd1c5c-9659-4005-a8dd-edb53cb7bec9

21 years old. Doing that to the best blockers in the world. We might have ourselves a player, especially as he grows into that massive frame.

RashanGary
01-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Favorites???? Maybe, maybe against Steelers, but definitely not against the pats.

I've watched the patriots. I see us as favorites coming off a bye.

Rutnstrut
01-19-2017, 10:37 AM
This would be the perfect game to actually use Michael. But stubby will probably "run" with Monty and the Ripper and not play the real back they have.

pbmax
01-19-2017, 10:41 AM
US Weekly has weighed in on the Rodgers family with an anonymous source blaming the girlfriend.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/aaron-rodgers-family-doesnt-trust-olivia-munn-w461689

Holy crap, Rodgers is gonna score 50 on the Falcons.

gbgary
01-19-2017, 10:55 AM
expect adams and g'mo this weekend.

expect-adams-allison-to-be-ready-for-nfc-title-game (http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1212186-report-packers-expect-adams-allison-to-be-ready-for-nfc-title-game)

Maxie the Taxi
01-19-2017, 11:04 AM
If Monty is going to be a main man in our passing attack Sunday, I sure the hell hope it's from the RB position and not WR. More pressure on the defense if he runs pass patterns out of the backfield. That aspect was missing in Dallas, probably because of Lee their OLB. No reason not to bring it to Atlanta.

Freak Out
01-19-2017, 12:09 PM
http://m.packers.com/news/video/the-rock-report-degree-of-difficulty-06bd1c5c-9659-4005-a8dd-edb53cb7bec9

21 years old. Doing that to the best blockers in the world. We might have ourselves a player, especially as he grows into that massive frame.

Very nice.

Freak Out
01-19-2017, 12:12 PM
US Weekly has weighed in on the Rodgers family with an anonymous source blaming the girlfriend.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/aaron-rodgers-family-doesnt-trust-olivia-munn-w461689

Holy crap, Rodgers is gonna score 50 on the Falcons.

Without even reading this I'm just going to say Rodgers is a pussy whipped loser! You hear me Rodgers!? You are a loser! Oh wait....I should tweet this right?

pbmax
01-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
"We're used to it," he said of injury concerns. Focus on WR is Cobb, Janis and Davis.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy on WRs: We’re going to give Adams and Allison the whole week. We’re not sure who’s lining up. I don’t think they’ll go till Sat.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
MM on concern about WR corps: Doesn't have enough info. "We're going to give them the whole week" he says of Adams and Allison.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will work with rehab group. Jordy Nelson will work with on-field rehab group today like he did yesterday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
If this were a regular-season game, Nelson, Adams and Allison probably would not play, MM says.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy said the #Packers are comfortable with the players they have here. He shot down the idea of getting outside help.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy on outside options: We’re going to go with the guys we have.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: I think our offensive line has had an exceptional year. This group is the best one I've had the privilege of coaching.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
"Trevor's ready. He's been ready," McCarthy said of Davis if he is forced into action.

Smidgeon
01-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
"We're used to it," he said of injury concerns. Focus on WR is Cobb, Janis and Davis.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy on WRs: We’re going to give Adams and Allison the whole week. We’re not sure who’s lining up. I don’t think they’ll go till Sat.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
MM on concern about WR corps: Doesn't have enough info. "We're going to give them the whole week" he says of Adams and Allison.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will work with rehab group. Jordy Nelson will work with on-field rehab group today like he did yesterday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
If this were a regular-season game, Nelson, Adams and Allison probably would not play, MM says.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy said the #Packers are comfortable with the players they have here. He shot down the idea of getting outside help.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy on outside options: We’re going to go with the guys we have.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: I think our offensive line has had an exceptional year. This group is the best one I've had the privilege of coaching.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
"Trevor's ready. He's been ready," McCarthy said of Davis if he is forced into action.

This is encouraging.

Bossman641
01-19-2017, 01:28 PM

Good find JH. Sure would be nice to have a difference maker on the DL. Makes the entire defense that much better.

Fritz
01-19-2017, 01:48 PM
After reading the articles about the injury report, I can't see how this team can possibly win this game. You can only do it with smoke and mirrors for so long.

Doesn't Jordy being out and Adams having a serious ankle sprain conjour up visions of last year's anemic receiving corps? Adams ineffective at getting open, Cobb unable to shake free of increased coverage? Sure, Jared Cook will help, but now Allison's got some kind of thigh injury, too?

And on defense, no Morgan Burnett practicing - so even if he plays, he's playing very hurt against the NFL's top-rated offense. And we're tossing an injured Burnett and Randall out there, with LaDarious "Thigh Bruise" Gunther, as the defensive backfield?

At a certain point, there is a tipping point, and this team has reached it.

If you're the Atlanta defensive coordinator, wouldn't you copy what Marinelli started doing in the second half, and run blitzes off the edge while playing rough with the receivers at the line of scrimmage? Montgomery's not a natural at blitz pickup - you could see that on a sack or two.

pbmax
01-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Cobb will not wear a mic pack this year.

RashanGary
01-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Good find JH. Sure would be nice to have a difference maker on the DL. Makes the entire defense that much better.

He's a completely different style of player than Daniels. But we need that. If he becomes that big powerhouse we hope, look out. Our defense would really notch up if a couple of these young guys pan out! But damn, I want to win this SB and then another!

pbmax
01-19-2017, 02:02 PM

Very nice piece of film on Clark. He played well.

Cheesehead Craig
01-19-2017, 02:12 PM
After reading the articles about the injury report, I can't see how this team can possibly win this game. You can only do it with smoke and mirrors for so long.

Doesn't Jordy being out and Adams having a serious ankle sprain conjour up visions of last year's anemic receiving corps? Adams ineffective at getting open, Cobb unable to shake free of increased coverage? Sure, Jared Cook will help, but now Allison's got some kind of thigh injury, too?

And on defense, no Morgan Burnett practicing - so even if he plays, he's playing very hurt against the NFL's top-rated offense. And we're tossing an injured Burnett and Randall out there, with LaDarious "Thigh Bruise" Gunther, as the defensive backfield?

At a certain point, there is a tipping point, and this team has reached it.

If you're the Atlanta defensive coordinator, wouldn't you copy what Marinelli started doing in the second half, and run blitzes off the edge while playing rough with the receivers at the line of scrimmage? Montgomery's not a natural at blitz pickup - you could see that on a sack or two.

We're set up for a Reggie White-type healing for the game. Just watch.

pbmax
01-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?

George Cumby
01-19-2017, 02:36 PM
You guys do know that the Packers are going to win this Sunday, right?

Bossman641
01-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?

Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.

pbmax
01-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.

Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.

Sparkey
01-19-2017, 03:25 PM
They will win or lose based on how well the DLine, OLB's bring consistent pressure.

Matthews, Peppers, Clark and Perry are the key.

Freak Out
01-19-2017, 04:07 PM
So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.

Maxie the Taxi
01-19-2017, 04:09 PM
So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.It's a Fuckdoggle moment.

Joemailman
01-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Packers not practicing in any fashion: Davante Adams Geronimo Allison Morgan Burnett James Starks JC Tretter Of that group, Allison was actually in pads but never did anything during the open portion.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Davante Adams (ankle) did not practice. Geronimo Allison (hamstring) was in pads but didn't do anything during the open portion of the workout.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson went through some drills but not in pads like the rest of the team, which likely means he's not cleared for contact.

Freak Out
01-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Thanks Joe....I feel a bit better.

pbmax
01-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35s35 seconds ago
On #Packers’ injury report only changes were Jeff Janis (thigh), Julius Peppers (rest) and Mason Crosby (illness) went limited to full.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2kadLKVIAE3gP1.jpg:large

Rutnstrut
01-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Time to bring in James Jones;)

pbmax
01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2kGc58VEAAP29U.jpg:large

hoosier
01-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.

He drove Taylor, not Linsley, into the backfield. Looked like NT had been in the huddle and Taylor didn't know snap count.

green_bowl_packer
01-19-2017, 08:12 PM
First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.

Fritz
01-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Man, just compare those injury lists. Atlanta's looks like they're all fresh as daisies - a defensive tackle not practicing because he's got a hangnail today.

Packer trainers trying to glue Jordy's ribs back together. Sheesh.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-20-2017, 06:15 AM
Man, just compare those injury lists. Atlanta's looks like they're all fresh as daisies - a defensive tackle not practicing because he's got a hangnail today.

Yeah, on the surface, we are screwed, which is why I like our chances!

texaspackerbacker
01-20-2017, 06:37 AM

Seriously? Adrian Clayborne, a very decent DE, isn't even mentioned because he's out for the season. Julio Jones was limping around after his first decent catch/run last week. Vic Beasley, their best pass rusher, isn't listed either - they rested him intermittently last week with some kind of injury.

I'm starting to read the same kind of silly crap that appeared in here before the Cowboy game and I think the Giants game too. - Woe is us; We just can't keep up; Doom and gloom is inevitable, etc. - that kind of shit.

I say again, Atlanta isn't as good as the Cowboys; They are not much better if any than the Giants; We will win this game! 38-20 Packers sounds good to me.

hoosier
01-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Tex vs. Fritz: the yin and the yang of Packer prognosticating.

Fritz
01-20-2017, 08:28 AM
Tex vs. Fritz: the yin and the yang of Packer prognosticating.

That's right.

But I'm telling you, this team is emotionally exhausted after being in a pressure cooker for so damn long. Nobody can keep that up. This is the week it all ends.

vince
01-20-2017, 08:32 AM
Yesterday's practice...

That's encouraging.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-19--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Specimen.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-28--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Magician.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-38--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Weapon.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-50--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Whatever it takes Don.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-49--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Ponch isn't too exhausted.
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-07--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Unspecimen. Who the fuck is this guy?
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/01-January/temp170119-practice-24--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

ThunderDan
01-20-2017, 09:04 AM
That would be Max McCaffrey practice squad wiz kid.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 09:28 AM

Is he Steady Eddie's son?

pbmax
01-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Two things to keep on eye on:

Jordy wearing no pads, Martinez not wearing padding pants, unless he has sweats over the top.

EDIT: though the QB, the RB and the PS WR don't have game pants on either. Maybe no leg pads at practice.

vince
01-20-2017, 09:31 AM
:-) Perfect. Let's hope he's the Doogie friggin' Howser of football.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Yesterday's practice...

That's encouraging.

I wouldn't encourage Jordy to play with broken ribs. He would be vulnerable and at best less effective. It's just a game played for our entertainment.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Story on Bob McGinn: http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/20/green-bay-packers-bob-mcginn

His basement has a lot of old clips. I admire the work Bob puts into this, his game day schedule (especially on the road) is pretty grueling. But otherwise, his work speaks better of him than this article. Bedard is a terrible columnist and insider/gossip, but he is a legitimately good writer. Kinda disappointed.

Radagast
01-20-2017, 09:56 AM
Packers --- 38

Falcons --- 34

:glug:

vince
01-20-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm struggling with this game because I don't know who's gonna be available and how effective they'll be even if they suit up - for both teams.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Clutch Coaching Rankings:

McCarthy at #4. Of those left in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18514479/clutch-coaching-rankings-bill-barnwell-stacks-final-four-nfl-2016-playoffs

The kicker:

Crosby was left with a 56-yard field goal, having gone just 28-of-54 from 50-plus yards during his career. Was the kick in Crosby's range? Yes, in the way that a 30-footer might still be considered to be in Klay Thompson's range, even if he's far less likely to make that shot than he would a 23-footer. Coaches often treat "field goal range" like a binary proposition, feeling safe once they get to a certain yard line, even though all kickers improve dramatically as you get closer to the end zone. The Packers did burn two Dallas timeouts, but they lost 3 yards while leaving 1:38 and one timeout on the clock for the Cowboys. They were in worse shape than they had been on first down.

That is something I have failed to mention. If you run twice at the 35 and are OK with a 58 yard field goal, why throw on 3rd down?

I think being aggressive on all three downs is better (even if its, run-play action pass-run), but if you are going to be conservative, be conservative and burn that 3rd TO of the Cowboys.

Smidgeon
01-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Clutch Coaching Rankings:

McCarthy at #4. Of those left in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18514479/clutch-coaching-rankings-bill-barnwell-stacks-final-four-nfl-2016-playoffs

The kicker:

That is something I have failed to mention. If you run twice at the 35 and are OK with a 58 yard field goal, why throw on 3rd down?

I think being aggressive on all three downs is better (even if its, run-play action pass-run), but if you are going to be conservative, be conservative and burn that 3rd TO of the Cowboys.

I thought that article was pretty garbage because it failed to take into account historic body of work and instead focused on second guessing play calls, the things you can only guess at regarding intent.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 10:58 AM
I thought that article was pretty garbage because it failed to take into account historic body of work and instead focused on second guessing play calls, the things you can only guess at regarding intent.

Its one article and covers four coach's history, you aren't going to get details on all decisions. But they do explicitly cover what did work for McCarthy in Dallas as well as what failed in Seattle and Arizona.

However, I think that 3rd down throw is critical to understanding his thought process and goal. He wanted a first down, he wanted to burn clock and he did not want a 58 yard FG rather than a 50-55 yarder.

If that is the case, then run from run formation, run from heavy and 3rd and long pass is not ideal. He has done this before too, including this season. It telegraphs each play.

If you are willing to pass (and I think its a better idea NOT to), then run-run-pass telegraphed by formation is harmful to your chances.

Packers4Glory
01-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Should be an interesting game. I keep hearing how great Atlanta's offense is and the defense should be quicker than dallas yadda yadda.

Well. Jones isn't going to be 100% but he could still torch this secondary.
their line isn't anywhere as good as Dallas. Hopefully we will be able to get to Ryan more and maybe force a couple TO's off fumbles or rushed throws.
We did just find vs a NYG defense but will we have any playmakers left?

RashanGary
01-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Jordy is gonna play and play well

RashanGary
01-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Burnett too. They're gonna make it a game.

Packers4Glory
01-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Burnett too. They're gonna make it a game.

this is probably the most important injury question. The defense pretty much fell apart once he left. Our corners are suspect but at least we were damn good in the back end. We need Burnett, especially on passing downs. The rook can handle running downs I think. He brings a nice hammer but in passing situations we need MB in the worst way.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Hardwood Offense Comes to Field Turf: How Football is like Basketball

https://theringer.com/nfl-playoffs-packers-falcons-steelers-patriots-basketball-on-grass-6ef82d6dac0f#.wrl0h9say

Features Packers, Patriots, Falcons and Steelers. Not sure there is much new here.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Freeman Discovered Geronimo!

OK, he just met him at the combine. Story covers all the rest of the irregular fill-ins this season and compares them to 1996. Ty Dunne at helm.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688103-who-are-these-guys-aaron-rodgers-is-making-look-like-stars

Free gets a little fast and loose with the extent of his career:

"You have to be detailed," Freeman says. "You have to exact. You can't get a B on Sunday. You have to get an A. Because those two or three questions you may get wrong could be the difference in the game."

He's played with Brett Favre. He's played with Aaron Rodgers.

This run by Rodgers, he admits, is different.

"I've seen Brett Favre come back from that broken thumb [in 2003] and go on a hot streak," Freeman says. "But I've never seen a streak, in all my years, like I'm witnessing right now with Aaron Rodgers. Just the way he's backing up his talk. With 'R-E-L-A-X,' he took care of things a couple years ago. Then he told everybody this year, 'Hey, we just have to run the table.' Then, he backs that up.

"To overcome all these injuries and all those last-minute throws? It's amazing."

Still, Freeman won't say whether '96 Favre or '16 Rodgers is better, because this Packers team isn't in the Super Bowl yet. This Packers team is still two wins away from glory, and it'll take a Freeman streaking down the right sideline for an 81-yard score or a Rison down the middle for a 54-yard score to finish the job.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

#Packers S Morgan Burnett (quad): "The season's on the line. I have to trust the plan. I'm doing everything to try to get out there."

Fritz
01-20-2017, 02:27 PM
That doesn't sound promising.

Julio Jones is saying he'll be out there. Morgan Burnett is saying "we'll see."

Rutnstrut
01-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Anyone hear anything about a bunch of the team including Rodgers being ill?

red
01-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Anyone hear anything about a bunch of the team including Rodgers being ill?

yup

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/aaron-rodgers-also-under-the-weather/

vince
01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Yeah Jordy and Crosby are listed on the injury report with illness. I read that Rodgers had/has the flu too but I'd guess that'll pass.

In other NFCC week news, Kyle Shanahan has unofficially been offered the Niners head coaching position, though it can't be official until the Falcons are eliminated from the playoffs. That distraction can only help the Packers I'd say.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Yes. But some of them were last week (Crosby).

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 31m31 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers is sick. "Rest, fluids, all that stuff. We'll be OK. Jordy had it. Mason had it. I got it. We'll deal with it."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 36m36 minutes ago
Rodgers says he's a bit under the weather.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2pDiZ5W8AEp5YQ.jpg

HE IS IN FULL BUTTE MODE, WHICH MEANS HIS IS STILL PISSED AT CAL FOR TEDFORD OR SOMETHING. PACKERS MIGHT SCORE 60

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m37 minutes ago
Rodgers on WR injuries: Obviously we're hopeful that all three will get to play. If not we'll adjust. #GBvsATL

3 TE! JUST LIKE DOLPHINS BEAT THE BROWNS IN 1985 WC GAME

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36m36 minutes ago
Rodgers: You make your own opportunities. Nothing's been given to us this year, scratched & clawed for everything. Been a rewarding season.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 37m37 minutes ago
Got to start fast and push through their response, Rodgers says of challenges on the road and in a dome.

Greg Bishop ‏@GregBishopSI 36m36 minutes ago
Rodgers on Falcons stadium: it's really loud in there. Whether that's all natural or not remains to be seen.

Aaron Schatz �� �� ‏@FO_ASchatz 35m35 minutes ago
Only twice in DVOA history has a conf champ game had 2 teams with top 5 Off and below-average Def. The other: 1993 DAL 38, SF 21.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 35m35 minutes ago
More
Rodgers on #GBvsATL: It's exciting. A lot of people wrote us off at 4-6. It's fun to prove those doubters wrong & be here with these guys.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35m35 minutes ago
More
"There's no place for mental errors and missed assignments," Rodgers says if the young guys have to play.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 34m34 minutes ago
More
Rodgers on adversity: I like the challenge. I like when the odds are stacked against you. Always enjoyed that role. #GBvsATL

pbmax
01-20-2017, 03:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2pKMUaWgAA9fl3.jpg:large

gbgary
01-20-2017, 03:57 PM
some reporter, from the urinal scented, named michael cohen just said, on the doug gottlieb show, that he thinks Jordy is going to give it a try. that he'll go out there in certain situations.

:shock:

Maxie the Taxi
01-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Cool story on Rodgers: For ultra-competitive Aaron Rodgers, intense approach 'never takes a break' (http://www.espn.com/blog/milwaukee/post/_/id/1151/for-ultra-competitive-aaron-rodgers-intense-approach-never-takes-a-break)

Fritz
01-20-2017, 04:50 PM
And now they're all getting the flu.

Damn.

That may be the one thing that slows Rodgers down.

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Jordy is gonna play and play well

Real men stretch out for passes with broken ribs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-yK1POUd1o

Harlan Huckleby
01-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Rodgers is going to have Janis, Cobb, Davis, Montgomery, Rodgers and Cook as targets. That will have to be enough. Those guys aren't chopped liver, and ARod is the difference anyway.

edit: Arod plus pass blocking are making this engine go

RashanGary
01-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Rodgers is going to have Janis, Cobb, Davis, Montgomery, Rodgers and Cook as targets. That will have to be enough. Those guys aren't chopped liver, and ARod is the difference anyway.

edit: Arod plus pass blocking are making this engine go

I think jordy is gonna play.

texaspackerbacker
01-20-2017, 05:49 PM
On the "them" side, of course Julio Jones is gonna play, but based on last week, one quick move and the week of rest goes out the window and he's limping again. Julio Jones limping, though, is better than a lot of other receivers completely healthy.

On the "us" side, Jordy as a decoy is something; Jordy as a part time receiver is excellent given all the others the Packers have. Don't count out Allison. This flu thing is a non-issue, I think - 24 hour flu 2-3 days before the game.

I say again, we beat Dallas, a better team playing better last week than they played most of the season. The Packers lost by 1 point to Atlanta in Atlanta when we were playing like crap. We're gonna win this game, and it isn't gonna be all that close.

pbmax
01-20-2017, 06:18 PM
First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.

They should replay the 2010 playoff game.

gbgary
01-20-2017, 07:38 PM
I think jordy is gonna play.

yeah...i mentioned that a few posts back. michael cohen of js said he though jordy would play in certain situations.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Cool! I hope so. But is today Sunday? If not, damn!!!! I see most media folks picking Atlanta. That is certainly the most logical pick. My only comment is 'FOOTBALL IS NOT A LOGICAL GAME'. I too think atlanta wins, #1 offense, their house, and all that crap, but somewhere buried in my head, I have this FEELING, that the packers win this one going away....

Fritz
01-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Atlanta has an offense even more prolific than the Packers' offense.

You could discount that if maybe Atlanta weren't playing at home, and if the Packers' defense was significantly better than an average defense, or maybe if they were significantly better than Atlanta's defense. Or if Atlanta had a slew of injuries at a key position - say, wide receiver.

But none of those things are true. They're just going to be too much for the Packers.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Cool! I hope so. But is today Sunday? If not, damn!!!! I see most media folks picking Atlanta. That is certainly the most logical pick. My only comment is 'FOOTBALL IS NOT A LOGICAL GAME'. I too think atlanta wins, #1 offense, their house, and all that crap, but somewhere buried in my head, I have this FEELING, that the packers win this one going away....

Lotta people picked Dallas too.

ThunderDan
01-21-2017, 08:17 AM

You're welcome anytime at my house for a drink. Hell, I'd take you to a game at Lambeau if my wife doesn't want to go.

woodbuck27
01-21-2017, 08:30 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/W70UdfERU9SFy/giphy.gif

This is the cold hard statistical analysis:

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/323/atlanta-falcons/#Points%20per%20Game$335$SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin=1990

The Green Bay Packers are 4-5 Point Road Dogs.

I cannot get this imaginary picture out of my head:

This guy LaDarius Gunter:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/51/files/2016/03/ladarius-gunter-nfl-green-bay-packers-arizona-cardinals-850x560.jpg

Trying to cover this guy Julio Jones:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/560af7149dd7cc17008bdf38-480/julio-jones.jpg

and the result for LaDarius Gunter and the Green Bay Packers:

http://www.killinofirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/bigstock-Burned-Airplane-15021779.jpg

ThunderDan
01-21-2017, 08:36 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/W70UdfERU9SFy/giphy.gif

You would have posted the same thing last week also. You picked Dallas in the yahoo pick'em league.

Fritz
01-21-2017, 08:43 AM
This week the wheels come off. It's going to be a blowout. You saw it start last week in the fourth quarter against Dallas - overcoming all the adversity the Packers have had to comes with a price, emotionally, and now three of their top four receivers are hurt, as is Morgan Burnett. It's just too much to overcome.

Pugger
01-21-2017, 08:45 AM
They should replay the 2010 playoff game.

What relevance do those teams have today?

jklowan
01-21-2017, 08:46 AM
This week the wheels come off. It's going to be a blowout. You saw it start last week in the fourth quarter against Dallas - overcoming all the adversity the Packers have had to comes with a price, emotionally, and now three of their top four receivers are hurt, as is Morgan Burnett. It's just too much to overcome.

I'n going with the Pack by more than a td

Pugger
01-21-2017, 08:47 AM
yeah...i mentioned that a few posts back. michael cohen of js said he though jordy would play in certain situations.

I'll be surprised if he does. IMO getting Morgan Burnett out there is more important.

Pugger
01-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Atlanta has an offense even more prolific than the Packers' offense.

You could discount that if maybe Atlanta weren't playing at home, and if the Packers' defense was significantly better than an average defense, or maybe if they were significantly better than Atlanta's defense. Or if Atlanta had a slew of injuries at a key position - say, wide receiver.

But none of those things are true. They're just going to be too much for the Packers.

I don't think it will be a blowout for either team. Atlanta's defense isn't as good as Dallas'. The Falcons looked good last week against Seattle mainly because the seachickens' O line is so dreadful. I have a feeling whoever has the ball last will win - just like the game last October. Let's hope we have it last.

woodbuck27
01-21-2017, 09:00 AM
You would have posted the same thing last week also. You picked Dallas in the yahoo pick'em league.

Actually I should have gone with my gut feeling that the Packers would win over Dallas.

That gut feeling was based in who had the best QB and the Vet QB over the Rookie QB and the Packers were coming to Dallas HOT ! and with nothing to lose in such a huge play off game and all the expectations for Dallas.

My gut was roaring Packers win and I ignored that.

Today my gut is roaring Julio Jones will have a huge game Vs ther Packers. I have little confidence that LaDarius Gunter has the skills necessary to cover arguably the finest WR in the NFL.

denverYooper
01-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Lotta people picked Dallas too.

Most of the media folks kept picking against Denver last year also.

woodbuck27
01-21-2017, 09:24 AM
This report (the health of the Packer WR's) also bothers me:

http://fox6now.com/2017/01/19/nfl-networks-ian-rapoport-sources-say-davante-adams-geronimo-allison-should-be-ready-for-sundays-game/

Coach McCarthy reflects on WR injuries; says if it were the regular season they’d likely not play

POSTED 11:03 AM, JANUARY 19, 2017, BY KATIE DELONG AND AP WIRE SERVICE, UPDATED AT 01:20PM, JANUARY 19, 2017

There seem to be conflicting reports on whether or not Jordy Nelson will play:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/jordy-nelson-dealing-with-illness-still-could-play-sunday/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4731/jordy-nelson

denverYooper
01-21-2017, 09:25 AM
I think it's fantastic that they are the underdogs. That only helps strengthen their bond.

There is a connectedness with this 2016 Packers team that we haven't seen for several years. You can hear it when they talk with any of the players. They say things about how they would lay down and die for each other, about how they knew they were a much better team than their 4-6 record.

It's them against the world. The Rodgers chip-on-the-shoulder mentality holds sway over the whole team: no one believes in us but us.

Is that enough? It was against a more talented Dallas roster.

woodbuck27
01-21-2017, 09:32 AM
I think it's fantastic that they are the underdogs. That only helps strengthen their bond.

There is a connectedness with this 2016 Packers team that we haven't seen for several years. You can hear it when they talk with any of the players. They say things about how they would lay down and die for each other, about how they knew they were a much better team than their 4-6 record.

It's them against the world. The Rodgers chip-on-the-shoulder mentality holds sway over the whole team: no one believes in us but us.

Is that enough? It was against a more talented Dallas roster.

Whatever the result I believe it will be an exciting game and go right down to the final tick on the clock...a nail biter.

woodbuck27
01-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Anyone know what happened to APB and Wist43?

I have not seen Wist43 post here for quite some time.

ThunderDan
01-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Anyone know what happened to APB and Wist43?

I have not seen Wist43 post here for quite some time.

The Packers are on an 8 game winning streak. They won't show until the Packers lose again or are trailing in the ATL game.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 10:26 AM
nand now three of their top four receivers are hurt .

I'm gonna drink deeply of the Kool-aid and say the Packers will be OK at WR - in fact they just added great speed with Janis & Davis. If Monty catches passes and Michaels gets carries I see success. Rodgers is seeing the whole field behind stellar pass blocking and throwing darts - that's the reason for the winning streak. We forget how talented all these WRs are, it's not like the steep drop off to backups at the big boys positions. I see a Cook-Davis show. Cookie & Rookie to the rescue.

ps. Cobb is no Julio Jones but he has often been money in clutch games.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna drink deeply of the Kool-aid and say the Packers will be OK at WR - in fact they just added great speed with Janis & Davis. If Monty catches passes and Michaels gets carries I see success. Rodgers is seeing the whole field behind stellar pass blocking and throwing darts - that's the reason for the winning streak. We forget how talented all these WRs are, it's not like the steep drop off to backups at the big boys positions. I see a Cook-Davis show. Cookie & Rookie to the rescue.

Rodgers is a particular guy. Janis is retarded. Christine Michael may be too. It's a huge drop off to those backups. Interceptions happen when dummies run routes. Blown plays, fumbles and missed pass protections happen when dummies play rb. No thanks.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Rodgers is a particular guy.

Tomorrow he can't be so fussy. He makes best of tools available, and they are good enuff. Janis & Michaels me be retarded, but they have that retard strength and speed. Like Forrest Gump. Run, Chrissy, run!

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 10:34 AM
Tomorrow he can't be so fussy. He makes best of tools available, and they are good enuff. Janis & Michaels me be retarded, but they have that retard strength and speed. Like Forrest Gump. Run, Chrissy, run!

I hope Nelson and Adams play. Now is not the time to insert new pieces into a precision unit.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 10:40 AM
I hope Nelson and Adams play. Now is not the time to insert new pieces into a precision unit.

We saw Adams play on a gimpy ankle before - made it thru one play then reinjured for 6 weeks. Nelson playing with freshly broken ribs is another genius idea. Be satisfied if you get anything from Adams and Nelson in two weeks from Sunday.

ps. What precision do you get out of Jordy? He can't move like before.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 11:09 AM
ps. What precision do you get out of Jordy? He can't move like before.

James jones played with broke ribs. Jared cook did. It happens all the time. Adams said this is a different type of sprain. He might be ok. I've sprained an ankle and healed fast. I've sprained them where it took a while. Depends.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 11:19 AM
http://archive.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/239117051.html

James jones said he played through it. Spit up blood. Kept going. Nelson has had two weeks off. He's fine.

vince
01-21-2017, 11:35 AM
The Docs know their stuff Harlan. A quick google search of some sports medicine sites indicates that a flak jacket or other protection around the area can protect from re-injury, and anesthetic injections can allow full range of motion. If he can't have full range and be pain-free he won't be effective and would be a liability.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 12:01 PM
A quick google search of some sports medicine sites indicates that a flak jacket or other protection around the area can protect from re-injury

uh huh.

smuggler
01-21-2017, 12:04 PM
I don't think Jordy will play. He has the flu, he has broken (not just cracked, but broken) ribs. Relying on him in the gameplan would be a mistake.

vince
01-21-2017, 12:09 PM
uh huh.OK. We should believe you over the experts. Got it.

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2017, 12:21 PM
Harlan, FYI...

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/wp-content/uploads/17570256300x300.jpg

vince
01-21-2017, 12:32 PM
I don't claim to know if he'll play but there are protective devices available.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41VTlbuoVvL._AC_US160_.jpg
EVOSHIELD CUSTOMTECH EVOALPHA RIB SHIRT

Help prevent and protect injuries without limiting mobility or getting too hot.
• Custom-molding Gel-To-Shell rib shields for elite injury protection.
• Redesigned rib shield allows for maximum mobility and targeted protection.
• Removable Nanocell AC pads are designed to be hollow directly above the joint, offering protection surrounding the joint without placing pressure on the joint itself.
• Sweat-wicking performance fabric to keep you comfortable and cool.
• Includes 2 custom-molding protective rib shields and 1 fitted performance shirt with integrated memory foam AC pads.

gbgary
01-21-2017, 12:37 PM
now Michael is on questionable list...back. geesh.

hoosier
01-21-2017, 12:39 PM
me be retarded

Now now, dont speak about yourself that way, you are just as smart as your brothers.

vince
01-21-2017, 12:40 PM
They even have a video for the "Gel-to-Shell" technology. I didn't know this stuff existed. It's pretty cool actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXd_lcRudGA

pbmax
01-21-2017, 01:07 PM
What relevance do those teams have today?

I really liked the result....

....of the first playoff battle between these two QBs.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 01:09 PM
I don't think Jordy will play. He has the flu, he has broken (not just cracked, but broken) ribs. Relying on him in the gameplan would be a mistake.

the official announcement was fractured. Which would indicate they could indeed just be cracked.

Has there been other info?

pbmax
01-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Rib protection through the years: the Byron Donzis era

O.K., try this for size. Remember the guy who snuck into a Houston hospital room last fall with a friend and a baseball bat. That guy was Byron Donzis. In bed in that room was Dan Pastorini, the quarterback of the Oilers, who had been maimed that particular Sabbath past. Pastorini was in the hospital with broken ribs. Donzis introduced himself, and then his friend hauled off and whomped Byron across his ribs. With the baseball bat. Pastorini flinched. Donzis did not. Then Donzis showed Pastorini how he had on this dandy little inflatable vest. Soon, Pastorini was back in action, wearing one of Donzis' so-called flak jackets, and the Oilers went to the playoffs. Now the National Football League has taken Donzis under its wing and agreed to underwrite much of his research that pertains to gridiron safety.

Back when SI had THE best writers on the planet, it was a sheer joy to read the magazine. I recommend the entire article from September, 1979 by Frank DeFord

http://www.si.com/vault/1979/09/03/823922/gridiron-2000-dont-be-shocked-when-the-21st-century-arrives-and-the-nfl-teams-in-super-bowl-xxxiv-have-women-quarterbacks-launching-135-yard-touchdown-passes-with-their-power-assisted-arms

Guiness
01-21-2017, 01:28 PM
the official announcement was fractured. Which would indicate they could indeed just be cracked.

Has there been other info?

A fracture is a break, there is no difference. Fracture is a clinical term. A small crack is a fracture, a bone shattered into 3 pieces is a fracture. Can't read anything into that term.

vince
01-21-2017, 01:31 PM
There is no difference between a bone break and a fracture. Fracture is the clinical term for a break in a bone. A fracture can range in severity from a hairline fracture, which is a small crack in the bone, to a compound fracture, which occurs when the broken bone punctures the skin.
There are 17 different types of fractures (thanks google). I've seen no mention of anything other than a simple fracture/break. The fact that he's out there in practice and has a chance to play suggests that his break tends toward the less severe end of the spectrum I'd say.

EDIT: Guiness you beat me to it I see. Sorry for the repeat...

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 01:37 PM
OK. We should believe you over the experts. Got it.

You don't own the experts. If you surveyed 100 doctors about the wisdom of playing wide receiver with ribs broken two weeks ago, what do you suppose the survey sez?

I know they might get a team doctor to take the risk. JJ Watt played pro football 6 months after major back surgery. Some expert signed off on it. Doesn't mean it was smart, or that I agree with taking such a risk for the sake of entertainment.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Harlan, FYI...

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/wp-content/uploads/17570256300x300.jpg

What is that spine thing? Does everyone have one?

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 01:42 PM
Football is a game, entertainment. No more consequential than season 7 of America's Got Talent.

When Clay Aiken has laryngitis, do you think he should force himself to sing just to try to win "American Idol"? Heavens no, we don't Clay to hurt himself just for our thrilling to his crooning.

vince
01-21-2017, 01:46 PM
You don't own the experts. If you surveyed 100 doctors about the wisdom of playing wide receiver with ribs broken two weeks ago, what do you suppose the survey sez?

I know they might get a team doctor to take the risk. JJ Watt played pro football 6 months after major back surgery. Some expert signed off on it. Doesn't mean it was smart, or that I agree with taking such a risk for the sake of entertainment.
That would be a worthless survey and any doctor worth his/her salary would say that. It depends on the extent of the break, whether the player's injury can be properly protected, and on the pain/performance threshold.

My point is neither you nor I, nor the 200 doctors you want to survey, know anywhere close to enough about the situation to offer a relevant opinion on it.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 01:52 PM
My point is neither you nor I, nor the 200 doctors you want to survey, know anywhere close to enough about the situation to offer a relevant opinion on it.

In my experiment I give 100 doctors access to all the medical records. Let them lay hands on the boy.

Oh, and no flak jacket is going to protect from a hard hit to the body, which WRs routinely take.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 01:55 PM
forget the real risk to a punctured lung, or any long term health threat.

I don't want Jordy to play in that painful, limiting state. It's not worth it to maybe see a couple good catches. And I think the replacements are about as useful as 85% Nelson. That's just my value judgement.

vince
01-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Football is a game, entertainment. No more consequential than season 7 of America's Got Talent.

When Clay Aiken has laryngitis, do you think he should force himself to sing just to try to win "American Idol"? Heavens no, we don't Clay to hurt himself just for our thrilling to his crooning.
Injuries are prevalent when it comes to the entertaining game of football. The physical assessment of the availability of the performers is commonplace. Players regularly perform with injuries to varying degrees. Your opinion that Jordy shouldn't play in this game because it might be too painful or that he would risk further injury is irrelevant because you know nothing about either of those situations. I'm not denying your right to have that opinion, but I'm not denying myself the right to comment on that opinion either.

vince
01-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Oh, and no flak jacket is going to protect from a hard hit to the body, which WRs routinely take.
I'm confident in saying you have absolutely no realistic idea about whether this is true. There's a lot of science and testing put into these protective technologies and I'd love to see your support of that claim.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm confident in saying you have absolutely no realistic idea about whether this is true. There's a lot of science and testing put into these protective technologies and I'd love to see your support of that claim.

science, technologies - I had no idea.

vince
01-21-2017, 02:10 PM
Go watch golf..

Maxie the Taxi
01-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Football is a game, entertainment.It could be worse...
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jean-L%C3%A9on_G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_-_The_Christian_Martyrs_Last_Prayer_-_Walters_37113.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:22 PM
I always root for the Christians but the Lions seem to have their number.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Battles at the colloseum were for entertainment. Football is a violent, brutal sport. When played to win, it's played with the intent to cause harm to the opponent. And more than ever, playoff football is played to win. So more than ever it's played with the intent to harm.

Something inside people is drawn to team and family and social grouping. We take care of ours with kindness and love and destroy threats to our group with tenacity and heartless aggression. Football, like other violent forms of entertainment draws on those social (defend/conquer) instincts.

We want to win, HH. We want Jordy to go out there and risk his body. It's primative. You're not going to make sense of it with words. It's how humanity is wired.

vince
01-21-2017, 02:38 PM
science, technologies - I had no idea.
Yeah those things that support claims.

There's no virtue in spreading ignorance in the name of protecting those who you believe are exploited.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:44 PM
There's no virtue in spreading ignorance in the name of protecting those who you believe are exploited.

Has nothing to do with "protecting the exploited", that's some script you replayed out of your head. Ignorance is thinking that somebody can play wide receiver effectively in a body wrap. Ignorance is believing that a broken rib mends in two weeks. Ignorance is thinking that a broken rib can only be hurt by a sharp blow to the injury area - a hard hit to the torso is going to be a threat. You ever break a rib?

vince
01-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Has nothing to do with "protecting the exploited", that's some script you replayed out of your head. Ignorance is thinking that somebody can play wide receiver effectively in a body wrap. Ignorance is believing that a broken rib mends in two weeks. Ignorance is thinking that a broken rib can only be hurt by a sharp blow to the injury area - a hard hit to the torso is going to be a threat. You ever break a rib?
No, and I'm not claiming ANY of that. You're the one claiming to know about all that and you have no idea what you're talking about. Jordy and his doctors do.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:47 PM
So more than ever it's played with the intent to harm.

Excellent argument for holding out players with high vulnerability. There may be another game in two weeks. And the game heros change from week to week, there are no superstars in the WR corps.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:49 PM
No, and I'm not claiming ANY of that.

I'm responding to your words. You claimed the argument is about "protecting the exploited." Now you claim you misquoted yourself.

edit: as to other points, you didn't specifically claim, but they are counterfacts to your notion that playing Jordy is reasonable. Those are good examples of ignorance.

RashanGary
01-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Excellent argument for holding out players with high vulnerability. There may be another game in two weeks. And the game heros change from week to week, there are no superstars in the WR corps.

The point is, you put yourself in harms way for the team. He's going to have to protect himself a little better, but I think he can play. Every player can adjust the way they play to protect a part of the body. He's gonna have to go down easier, and be less aggressive catching a ball that might be in a tough place. AR might have to only throw in certain situations his way. Regardless, 70% Jordy is 500% Janis.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 02:56 PM
A fracture is a break, there is no difference. Fracture is a clinical term. A small crack is a fracture, a bone shattered into 3 pieces is a fracture. Can't read anything into that term.

I did not read anything into the term. The question I asked still stands, "how does smuggler know they are broken, not just cracked ribs"?

The team called it a fracture and it does allow for it to be anything from a stress fracture to a closed displaced fracture. Until we hear otherwise. And I want to know from smuggler if he has indeed read otherwise.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Regardless, 70% Jordy is 500% Janis.

No way.

Somebody earlier compared QB playing with bad ribs to a WR. No. A WR receiver with broken ribs is like a kicker with a bad hamstring.

vince
01-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Harlan I've been around long enough to know that you regularly speak out against the evil overlords who take advantage of labor in the name of profit. Your argument here, as reinforced by how JJ Watt was somehow pressured by doctors, who by association were pressured by team management, into playing when injured, is wholly consistent with that. If you deny that's the basis of your opinion then I apologize for that reference.

I was referreing entirely to your question about whether I had broken ribs before and the presumptive link to my ignorance of what that entails as you are suggesting. I am not the one making claims about knowing anything about Jordy's injury situation. YOU ARE, and you don't know what you're talking about here.

pbmax
01-21-2017, 02:59 PM
The point about sport today that makes it better than sport and entertainment in the Colosseum is three fold and has nothing to do with science, technology or engineering:

1. Access to courts of law to enforce rights
2. They get paid
3. Voluntary

pbmax
01-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Uh oh.

#Packers sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster before NFC title game.
Roster moves http://pckrs.com/sd7m

EDIT: Tretter put on I/R.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Harlan I've been around long enough to know that you regularly speak out against the evil overlords who take advantage of labor in the name of profit. Your argument here, as reinforced by how JJ Watt was somehow pressured by doctors,

My opinion has zero to do with power over lessers in either case (Jordy or JJ.) That is a an argument you are having in your own head. My argument is over what I think is sensible and what I find entertaining. Players hindered and vulnerable because of serious injury do not float my boat.

I care not a whit whether Jordy or JJ want to play.

vince
01-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Uh oh.

#Packers sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster before NFC title game.
Roster moves ��: http://pckrs.com/sd7m

EDIT: Tretter put on I/R.
The Doogie Howser of football!:-)

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:11 PM
I am not the one making claims about knowing anything about Jordy's injury situation. YOU ARE, and you don't know what you're talking about here.

Nobody has any particular knowledge about the injury, yet we have strong opinions, including yourself. Of course new details about the injury might change opinions, but we are all arguing based on the reported details. You are no better in this regard than anyone. We have different opinions, that is all.

vince
01-21-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm responding to your words. You claimed the argument is about "protecting the exploited." Now you claim you misquoted yourself.

edit: as to other points, you didn't specifically claim, but they are counterfacts to your notion that playing Jordy is reasonable. Those are good examples of ignorance.
I did not make the claim that playing Jordy is reasonable. I don't have any earthly idea if it's reasonable. Jordy and his doc's are perfectly capable of making that assessment for themselves. I'm simply asserting that you don't have any idea either by contradicting your claims and stated opinions.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2017, 03:14 PM
The point about sport today that makes it better than sport and entertainment in the Colosseum is three fold and has nothing to do with science, technology or engineering:

1. Access to courts of law to enforce rights
2. They get paid
3. Voluntary

Right, but nobody is seriously arguing that football is really the same as gladiators; and nobody has brought up the point of athlete exploitation other than a voice in Vince's head.