PDA

View Full Version : A heartfelt apology

SkinBasket
01-16-2017, 06:57 AM
To Mr. Hyde, or whoever the Packers found and put in his jersey the last few weeks, which seems more plausible than 33 suddenly learning how to play defense. While our more physically gifted DBs have struggled, Hyde has stepped up and started playing instead of reacting. Also, the coaches seem to be using him more effectively, but not every player makes advantage from situation of such.

I fully expect an apology from the NFL for those officials. What the fuck.

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2017, 08:24 AM
That interception yesterday reminded me a bit of Charles Woodson. He's not fast. He should never be asked to cover the other team's best receiver. The guy we have for that got hurt early and never came back. What he lacks in pure speed or quickness, he makes up for in anticipation and smarts, something that Randall will need to do in order to get another contract.

hoosier
01-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Yup, a month ago I wondered what Hyde was doing on the Packer roster. Now I know.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Seconded. Turned into a rare bright spot in the backend, especially with Burnett out.

Agree with CP that his read of Dak was fantastic, helped by a throw so close to the LOS despite Hyde lurking there.

wootah
01-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Hyde talked about it to the media in the lockerroom afterwards; he and Gunther did their filmstudy together, both recognized the play pre-snap & "Gun" gave him the green light to take the gamble.

SkinBasket
01-16-2017, 08:58 AM
That interception yesterday reminded me a bit of Charles Woodson. He's not fast. He should never be asked to cover the other team's best receiver. The guy we have for that got hurt early and never came back. What he lacks in pure speed or quickness, he makes up for in anticipation and smarts, something that Randall will need to do in order to get another contract.

It wasn't the INT that impressed me, but that Hyde had obviously spent enough time on film to jump that play without hesitation.

As an aside, I spent a little time reading DAL forums this morning, and most of their fans feel they were robbed by the refs. I try to remain impartial when it comes to officiating while I watch the game, but admit it's much easier to see violations against the team you're rooting for. That being said, the DAL DBs and OL got away with murder last night. Highly documented in slow motion murder. And they're up in arms about the league being out to get them because of the personal foul regarding substitutions. I know people look for a scapegoat when they're butthurt, but I have a hard time coming to the conclusion that the poor officiating even came close to favoring the Packers.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 08:59 AM
Hyde talked about it to the media in the lockerroom afterwards; he and Gunther did their filmstudy together, both recognized the play pre-snap & "Gun" gave him the green light to take the gamble.

Fantastic find wootah. Is that on the Packers website or was it on TV?

wootah
01-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Here ya go: http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Hyde-worked-with-Gunter-on-key-interception/c9551b85-7afc-477a-8f9c-4f251fa0a9de

pbmax
01-16-2017, 09:18 AM
As an aside, I spent a little time reading DAL forums this morning, and most of their fans feel they were robbed by the refs. I try to remain impartial when it comes to officiating while I watch the game, but admit it's much easier to see violations against the team you're rooting for. That being said, the DAL DBs and OL got away with murder last night. Highly documented in slow motion murder. And they're up in arms about the league being out to get them because of the personal foul regarding substitutions. I know people look for a scapegoat when they're butthurt, but I have a hard time coming to the conclusion that the poor officiating even came close to favoring the Packers.

I forgot about this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/16/brice-butler-on-unsportsmanlike-conduct-penalty-never-heard-of-it-in-my-life/

That is the call that probably sets up all the rest of their complaints. Brice Butler getting dinged for reporting to the huddle then leaving the field.

Still doesn't add up to two DPIs or Defensive holdings, plus three holds of Matthews. A push off from the Dallas WR in the end zone and all the rest.

Butler: “Never heard of it in my life,” Butler said, via the Dallas Morning News. “[We] couldn’t beat the stripes. You can quote me on that.”

mmmdk
01-16-2017, 09:22 AM
I also saw Hyde a "just a guy"! Making a Crosby career turnaround? I sure hope so.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Does anyone remember the Cowgirls losing a game and NOT blaming the refs? hahahaha

Carolina_Packer
01-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Does anyone remember the Cowgirls losing a game and NOT blaming the refs? hahahaha

or Tony Romo...but at least they don't have him to kick around anymore! :-)

hoosier
01-16-2017, 09:35 AM
They are this decade's version of the old FortyWhiners.

Smidgeon
01-16-2017, 12:17 PM
I forgot about this: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/16/brice-butler-on-unsportsmanlike-conduct-penalty-never-heard-of-it-in-my-life/

That is the call that probably sets up all the rest of their complaints. Brice Butler getting dinged for reporting to the huddle then leaving the field.

Still doesn't add up to two DPIs or Defensive holdings, plus three holds of Matthews. A push off from the Dallas WR in the end zone and all the rest.

Butler: “Never heard of it in my life,” Butler said, via the Dallas Morning News. “[We] couldn’t beat the stripes. You can quote me on that.”

Just because you haven't heard of the rule doesn't mean it isn't a rule. In fact, it speaks to your inability to know the nuances of the sport you are paid at the highest level of the profession to play. Blaming not knowing that rule on the refs is just ignorant.

pbmax
01-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Just because you haven't heard of the rule doesn't mean it isn't a rule. In fact, it speaks to your inability to know the nuances of the sport you are paid at the highest level of the profession to play. Blaming not knowing that rule on the refs is just ignorant.

Its just the hook to start the complaining.

Zool
01-17-2017, 03:38 PM
I'll piggy back this apology. Other than a couple times he was way behind Witten(he can't run more than a 5flat anymore) on crossing routes, he played a hellova game.

MadScientist
01-17-2017, 04:59 PM

I can give the player a bit of a pass on not knowing that one because I can't remember ever hearing about it or seeing it called. However going on the field and then running off speaks to either the player not knowing what he should be doing, or a coach screwing up and sending him in when he shouldn't have been sent. His reaction is being a ridiculous crybaby. Work on winning not whining dude.

Back to the original topic. Hyde really has come on lately. Wish he could tell Randall whatever it was that made the light come on for him.