PDA

View Full Version : Oh have the tables turned

Spaulding
01-16-2017, 12:38 PM
I still remember the bitter taste of the 90's when the Packers were arguably the 2nd best team in the NFL in the mid 90's and we'd head to Dallas only to lose the best team in the NFL.
I had friends that were Cowboys fans and they acted like big brothers and said how the Packers were a good team and to enjoy them even making the playoffs. The hatred was purely one sided on my end.

Now with the Packers punching out the Cowboys the last two times they've met in the playoffs , I feel my hatred for them diminishing :)

It feels good to tell those same Cowboys fans (in my my most patronizing big brother tone), you've got a good young team and you should enjoy your fine season. There's always next year :)

pbmax
01-16-2017, 12:40 PM
You must nurse the hatred within!

Seriously, I kinda like that Cowboy team. Not as chippy as the Seahawks or Vikes. My feelings turn sour only after the send to camera up to the owners booth.

Pugger
01-16-2017, 12:44 PM
They were awfully grabby yesterday tho. Twice their DB tried to take Adams jersey off.

TravisWilliams23
01-16-2017, 12:50 PM
You must nurse the hatred within!

Seriously, I kinda like that Cowboy team. Not as chippy as the Seahawks or Vikes. My feelings turn sour only after the send to camera up to the owners booth.

+1 PB. I was pissed they didn't show the owners booth after Crosby's game winning FG. Perhaps the Jones' told the NFL no shots in the booth if we lose.
But at least the asshat is staying in the booth and not down on the sidelines acting like he did something to help the "Boys win.

Freak Out
01-16-2017, 01:27 PM
+1 PB. I was pissed they didn't show the owners booth after Crosby's game winning FG. Perhaps the Jones' told the NFL no shots in the booth if we lose.
But at least the asshat is staying in the booth and not down on the sidelines acting like he did something to help the "Boys win.

I couldn't believe it. Jones must have laid the law down.

Upnorth
01-16-2017, 01:44 PM
So we now are plus one on the historical series, 18-17 i believe and tied at 4-4 in the playoffs against the cowboys. Please correct me if I'm wrong, unless its patler because you get that fun way to often around here.

mmmdk
01-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Beat the south; Atlanta's next.

gbgary
01-16-2017, 04:21 PM
the tables will be turning the other way soon. we need to make hay while we have the chance.

King Friday
01-16-2017, 09:23 PM
So we now are plus one on the historical series, 18-17 i believe and tied at 4-4 in the playoffs against the cowboys. Please correct me if I'm wrong, unless its patler because you get that fun way to often around here.

I believe you are entirely correct. But that's all water under the dam at this point...Atlanta awaits.

Iron Mike
01-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Skip Bayless is just not havin' it:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/skip-bayless-reacts-dallas-cowboys-crushing-loss-011617

King Friday
01-16-2017, 09:57 PM
I actually am sad that I did not get to see Stephen A. Smith absolutely roast poor Skip today. That would've been one day where viewing their rants would be entertaining.

esoxx
01-16-2017, 11:07 PM
They're not on the same show anymore.

King Friday
01-17-2017, 05:36 AM
They're not on the same show anymore.

I know...that is why I'm sad I didn't get to see it.

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2017, 08:40 AM
Oh Steven A roasted the Cowboys. He came into the studio wearing a Rodgers jersey, celebrated with some staffers about the win and laughed at the Cowboys calling their season a failure.

Skip Bayless looked absolutely pathetic on his own show. Just a complete whiner and loser.

Maxie the Taxi
01-17-2017, 09:08 AM
I actually am sad that I did not get to see Stephen A. Smith absolutely roast poor Skip today. That would've been one day where viewing their rants would be entertaining.I have the Undisputed show recorded.

The thing about Dallas fans is they're arrogant and boastful. The day before the game I was at the grocery store and the butcher noticed my Packers' hat. He started on me: "I'm sorry for you. I really am." At first I didn't catch on. I gave him a quizzical look. He said: "The poor Packers. Bad timing to be up against the best team in football, my Dallas Cowboys." I said: "Yeah, I guess there are a bunch of arrogant fans down there in Dallas. Maybe a tad over-confident." He changed his tune. I think he thought I was going to report him to the management. hahahaha

Bayless deserves to fall off his high horse...hard.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Good Times/Bad Times/All Times, I don't even watch those shows.

pbmax
01-17-2017, 09:31 AM
I have the Undisputed show recorded.

The thing about Dallas fans is they're arrogant and boastful. The day before the game I was at the grocery store and the butcher noticed my Packers' hat. He started on me: "I'm sorry for you. I really am." At first I didn't catch on. I gave him a quizzical look. He said: "The poor Packers. Bad timing to be up against the best team in football, my Dallas Cowboys." I said: "Yeah, I guess there are a bunch of arrogant fans down there in Dallas. Maybe a tad over-confident." He changed his tune. I think he thought I was going to report him to the management. hahahaha

Bayless deserves to fall off his high horse...hard.

That is the problem with these shows and these kinds of jobs. No accountability, never actually falls down.

Just doubles down on stupidity.

ThunderDan
01-17-2017, 09:33 AM
That is the problem with these shows and these kinds of jobs. No accountability, never actually falls down.

Just doubles down on stupidity.

Yup, these shows are all about ratings and nothing else. Skip Bayless will say anything to get ratings because he knows that is how he gets paid.

Zool
01-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Skip Bayless looked absolutely pathetic on his own show. Just a complete whiner and loser.

So typical day?

How can anyone watch anything this guy does? It's like sports Jerry Springer without the tits.

Joemailman
01-17-2017, 03:37 PM
So typical day?

How can anyone watch anything this guy does? It's like sports Jerry Springer without the tits.

You need to watch closer.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/maurybrown/files/2016/10/Undisputed-Joy-Skip-Shannon-HR.jpg?width=960

Zool
01-17-2017, 03:38 PM
I stand corrected....Or something that rhymes with corrected.

gbgary
01-17-2017, 03:45 PM
he's lame...skip that is.

i've always like Hyde. he's generally played well for a back-up. i don't cringe when he comes in...like i did with Bush or do with Janis.