PDA

View Full Version : JC Tretter Had Surgery

pbmax
01-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Another setback this week so he had surgery Thursday apparently.

This was his second setback (he had been practicing fully at one point) since his knee injury. So it would seem likely they were very familiar with whatever damage he was trying to rehab from, but it was never going to respond this season after the second setback.

Which raises the question, if the injury was a month of rehab without setbacks, would he have been better served by having surgery earlier?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/21/packers-injured-ready-give-try/96886328/

esoxx
01-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Soft!

A tough player would have healed without resorting to surgery.

gbgary
01-22-2017, 11:45 AM
well that should hold his FA price down.

Guiness
01-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Another setback this week so he had surgery Thursday apparently.

This was his second setback (he had been practicing fully at one point) since his knee injury. So it would seem likely they were very familiar with whatever damage he was trying to rehab from, but it was never going to respond this season after the second setback.

Which raises the question, if the injury was a month of rehab without setbacks, would he have been better served by having surgery earlier?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/21/packers-injured-ready-give-try/96886328/

I suspect this is similar situation to Montgomery last year - keep hoping for progress but finally give up and shut him down. Surprised they waited this long, they must've really thought he was going to be ok for the playoffs.

Backup center is Barclay?

smuggler
01-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Backup to the backup. Yes.

ThunderDan
01-22-2017, 01:53 PM
I suspect this is similar situation to Montgomery last year - keep hoping for progress but finally give up and shut him down. Surprised they waited this long, they must've really thought he was going to be ok for the playoffs.

Backup center is Barclay?

No, Lang would move to center I believe. Barclay would play guard.