PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Falcons

SkinBasket
01-22-2017, 06:06 PM
You won the game. You didn't need the help of the officials but you sure did get it. [Obama voice] Let's be clear, [/Obama voice] The officiating was not the reason the Packers lost. But it was fucking terrible. And it seems this is the issue every postseason in recent memory, regardless who your team is or how objective a viewer you are.

I don't blame the officials for the result of the game, but I do blame them for making it less enjoyable. It is what it is I guess.

Maxie the Taxi
01-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Yeah, congrats. This will be your last win this post season for sure.

woodbuck27
01-22-2017, 06:18 PM
The NFL Officials are the worst officials in any Pro League in North America.

NFL Officials should be Professionals and not do their jobs as part time weekend work.

Pugger
01-22-2017, 07:28 PM
I think Atlanta will give NE or Pitt fits in 2 weeks.

King Friday
01-22-2017, 07:31 PM
I think Atlanta wins the Super Bowl. That offense is a juggernaut. With 2 more weeks for Jones to get healthy, there isn't a defense left capable of stopping that offense.

beveaux1
01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
I believe the Falcons have the best team in the NFC. The defense is better than Dallas'defense and the offense matches our offense as a passing threat and is much better running the ball. Dallas would have lost to that team playing in Dallas. I've watched both the Steelers and Patriots and am not sure which team I would favor, but I think the game should be close. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Falcons holding the trophy.

King Friday
01-22-2017, 08:01 PM
I believe the Falcons have the best team in the NFC. The defense is better than Dallas'defense and the offense matches our offense as a passing threat and is much better running the ball. Dallas would have lost to that team playing in Dallas. I've watched both the Steelers and Patriots and am not sure which team I would favor, but I think the game should be close. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Falcons holding the trophy.

Patriots haven't even played a single top 10 QB this year...Ryan is going to TORCH them. Their defense is OK...but it ain't like Denver's last year...which is what you need to slow down a team like Atlanta at this point.

Netmag
01-22-2017, 08:14 PM
I don't know. Atlanta reminds me of the Rams when they were the "Greatest Show On Turf".
Sure they were able to trounce us, but it actually could be a detriment to them to have played 2 teams that gave little resistance (Seattle and GB). Can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Patsies handled them easily on the big day.

King Friday
01-22-2017, 08:15 PM
I don't know. Atlanta reminds me of the Rams when they were the "Greatest Show On Turf".

The last time I checked, the Greatest Show on Turf won a title.

King Friday
01-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Sure they were able to trounce us, but it actually could be a detriment to them to have played 2 teams that gave little resistance (Seattle and GB). Can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Patsies handled them easily on the big day.

You think that Houston and Pittsburgh gave New England some kind of massive resistance?

Netmag
01-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Super Bowl XXXVI

King Friday
01-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Super Bowl XXXVI

Well, that Patriots defense was WAAAAAAAAY better than the defense they have now. Also, since the Rams already had a title, they probably weren't quite as hungry as New England (remember Super Bowl XXXI?) Atlanta is PLENTY hungry right now.

Strange Brew
01-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Screw the Falcons!! Gonna be fun watching New England rip pajama boy Ryan a new asshole!!

Pugger
01-22-2017, 11:53 PM
I don't want Brady to win another damn ring. I hope the Falcons do to them what they did to us.

Smidgeon
01-23-2017, 12:35 AM
I don't want Brady to win another damn ring. I hope the Falcons do to them what they did to us.

The AFC has been weak his entire career. Except for a Flacco sighting, the Super Bowl QBs have been Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger.

It helps that he and Belichick are each great at their jobs, but nobody will ever be able to quantify the luck they got for the AFC era they were in.

woodbuck27
01-23-2017, 06:08 AM

Pugger the New England Patriots are really good and certainly really experienced. I see them play a lot and that team simply knows how to match up favourably. Bill Belichick has the talent in his defensive backfield to shut down the Atlanta passing game. In addition the Pats 'D' knows how to stop the run.

The Atlanta Falcons are really good also and may have enough depth on offence on the day to out duel Hoody Genius. I write the word (may) but realistically it will come down to experience and all that is the Super Bowl.

The smart money wil be on the New England Patriots. After that we will see. :idea:

mmmdk
01-23-2017, 06:50 AM
I root for Atlanta Falcons all the way. My best friend [Falcons fan] has always backed my Packers.

pbmax
01-23-2017, 07:55 AM
I am rooting for a sinkhole to open at the 50 yard line.

I might choose someone during the game. Whoever seems to be the least favored at the moment. But I will not watch or read the buildup.