PDA

View Full Version : "TJ LANG...............I WANT TO BE BACK """

Bretsky
01-23-2017, 10:03 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/22/tj-lang-free-agency-want-back/96936812/

Rutnstrut
01-23-2017, 10:36 PM
So TT will for sure ship him.

Pugger
01-24-2017, 12:50 AM
I don't think he is a problem like Sitton was and he may not ask for the moon so if Ted makes him a reasonable offer he may be back. The real question is will Ted make an offer? From what I heard Ted didn't make one to Charles Woodson.

pbmax
01-24-2017, 08:36 AM
The only question here is can is can he stay healthy?

Rutnstrut
01-24-2017, 11:30 AM

That's pretty much the question for anyone on this team.

gbgary
01-24-2017, 11:46 AM

you can say that about every o-lineman. it's about the next man. our depth is good but it won't be if starters aren't signed and backups are forced into a starting roll. you know they're not drafting a guard in the first round to take his place so there's no discussion. he has to be resigned.

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2017, 11:54 AM
The guy is having hip surgery and then his foot has to heal. I think he broke it again.

I am not sure how much he is worth, hopefully he comes back to the Packers with his offers to see if Green Bay will match or tell him he has a great deal and to enjoy Cleveland.

vince
01-24-2017, 11:55 AM
I disagree gbgary. I won't be complaining if they resign him for a year or two but I think it's far from a no-brainer must-sign.

Guiness
01-24-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't think he is a problem like Sitton was and he may not ask for the moon so if Ted makes him a reasonable offer he may be back. The real question is will Ted make an offer? From what I heard Ted didn't make one to Charles Woodson.

I don't think there was a spot for CW with the Packers. He was valuable to the Raiders as a mentor and a locker room guy on a team that had a loosing record the year before, but not on the Packers. I do think most were surprised that he recovered from the collarbone injury and played 3 more seasons!

gbgary
01-24-2017, 12:36 PM
I disagree gbgary. I won't be complaining if they resign him for a year or two but I think it's far from a no-brainer must-sign.

the only thing that would change it, imo, is/are poor results from surgury.

RashanGary
01-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Spriggs and Tretter make Lang expendable. We have extra young staring caliber OL. We don't need Lang. That's just fact. He's getting old and has a lot of miles. Young guys are better bets. He's far from a no brainer even healthy.

But...... I'd still kind of like him at a good rate. 4-5m per......

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2017, 01:32 AM
My opinion has changed: There is minimal chance Tretter is brought back next year for a long term deal. Maybe a "one year" show me deal. Maybe multiple years but easy to get out after one.

Why you ask? Because we have a starting LT, a starting LT, and two back-up tackles where one was a top pick.

Tretter is not a guard. He's a center or a tackle. He is way too thin to play guard.

More importantly, though, is the fact that he cannot stay healthy. He has played, what, 8 games in 4 years? He missed his entire rookie year with a broken leg, he missed the majority of his sophomore year, and he missed the majority of this year. He has 10 career starts out what was expected to be 64 at this point, and he hasn't really shown a whole lot to this point.

vince
01-25-2017, 01:45 AM
I could see Kyle Murphy as a sleeper RG next year. They kept him for a reason and I don't think it's to play tackle. He goes 305 but he looks like he'd have no problem putting another 10 lbs. of muscle on that big frame and he's not exactly a dancing bear like Clifton or Bakh. He doesn't have Bulaga's or Spriggs' feet either.

Both he and Spriggs need to bulk up and get stronger. If Murphy's been doing that/can do that this offseason, he might just look like a real guard.

bobblehead
01-25-2017, 06:31 AM
I could see Kyle Murphy as a sleeper RG next year. They kept him for a reason and I don't think it's to play tackle. He goes 305 but he looks like he'd have no problem putting another 10 lbs. of muscle on that big frame and he's not exactly a dancing bear like Clifton or Bakh. He doesn't have Bulaga's or Spriggs' feet either.

Both he and Spriggs need to bulk up and get stronger. If Murphy's been doing that/can do that this offseason, he might just look like a real guard.

Spriggs has everything you want but weight. My eye test tells me he barely cracks 300. He needs about 30 pounds of muscle. He is too long to play guard long term. Squat DTs will get under him and drive him into the QBs lap. He has the same weakness Bahk had early on, setting the anchor. Bahk was tenacious and made up for getting beat by never quitting. I don't see that in Spriggs, but if he can gain the weight in a good way, he will be better than Bulaga.

Joemailman
01-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Spriggs is a Tackle. Period. If Lang is not signed, I think the Packers need to consider moving Bulaga to RG and starting Spriggs at RT. Get your 5 best guys on the field.

vince
01-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Yeah I didn't mean to suggest Spriggs was a guard prospect, just that he (as well as Murphy, who could be) needs to get stronger.

pbmax
01-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Spriggs is a Tackle. Period. If Lang is not signed, I think the Packers need to consider moving Bulaga to RG and starting Spriggs at RT. Get your 5 best guys on the field.

If Mike Wahle and Daryn Colledge can play Guard, so can Spriggs. The question is, do you want him to spend two years transitioning over to it or do you want him at Tackle immediately?

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Spriggs and Tretter both are too thin to play Tackle. I think Tretter is 6'5" and Spriggs is 6'6" or 6'7" and both look like they way about 300 pounds at the most.

pbmax
01-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Spriggs and Tretter both are too thin to play Tackle. I think Tretter is 6'5" and Spriggs is 6'6" or 6'7" and both look like they way about 300 pounds at the most.

You mean too thin to play Guard?

Wahle was 307 and 6' 6"