PDA

View Full Version : Brett's 09/06 Press Conference

Homer Jay
09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Looked like a different guy up there than the one we saw 2 weeks ago. Either he is one fine actor or he sees some promise in this team. Anybody want to bet none of this press conference makes it onto ESPN? Relax folks, he is where he wants to be.

chewy-bacca
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM
you know they will spin it any way that want, or just not show it and make stuff up. :lol:

packinpatland
09-06-2006, 05:43 PM
'one fine actor'?!!!?
Have you not seen THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY?!!

I heard Brett repsond to critics about his part in the movie, he said:
'Well, how many movies have you sucked in?'

Brett is no actor. He says and does from his heart.

Homer Jay
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
'one fine actor'?!!!?
Have you not seen THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY?!!

Brett is no actor. He says and does from his heart.

That was my thought too. Seemed like he had a new outlook today. I'm sure answering the same questions every day has to wear on him. I think he's ready for a big year. I liked his comparison to the '92 team.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Just my crazy intuition, but he looked like someone with an exciting secret they just can't tell you about yet.

packinpatland
09-06-2006, 06:00 PM
We can only hope.

Fosco33
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Just my crazy intuition, but he looked like someone with an exciting secret they just can't tell you about yet.

Yeah, there was an err of mystique surrounding the ZBS scheme - like they would potentially revert at points in the season.

The one thing that's been consistent is Favre telling his lack of trust in the pass/run protection - for like 9 months now. But he's right, this year hinges on the team's ability to gel and the o-line not falling apart.

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I think they just started asking some intelligent questions and dropped all the negativity. There was just a second when someone started asking him something and he started looking pissed, then the reporter changed course and he relaxed again.

Packers4Ever
09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Brett definitely looked better than I've seen him look in months!
Loose and relaxed, smiling and fielding questions. It felt good to finally see him that way,
Tomorrow's Thursday, the day I usually start getting butterflies for real, (3 days before the game) I sure hope he and the line can hold it all together and set the Bears on their backsides, at least most of the time! :smile: That's not too much to ask, is it?

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Brett definitely looked better than I've seen him look in months!
Loose and relaxed, smiling and fielding questions. It felt good to finally see him that way,
Tomorrow's Thursday, the day I usually start getting butterflies for real, (3 days before the game) I sure hope he and the line can hold it all together and set the Bears on their backsides, at least most of the time! :smile: That's not too much to ask, is it?

No, ma'am, that's not too much to ask at all.

gbgary
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM

lol...that's funnier than hell. i've never heard that quote.

Packers4Ever
09-06-2006, 08:41 PM

lol...that's funnier than hell. i've never heard that quote.

Gary, I have a feeling that was an original Favre quote, maybe? :wink:

Fosco33
09-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Looked like a different guy up there than the one we saw 2 weeks ago. Either he is one fine actor or he sees some promise in this team. Anybody want to bet none of this press conference makes it onto ESPN? Relax folks, he is where he wants to be.

Well it did make SI...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/wires/09/06/2020.ap.fbn.packers.favre.0810/index.html