PDA

View Full Version : Really glad I'm a Packer fan!!

RashanGary
02-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Was it disappointing a week or two ago when Atlanta destroyed us? Yep!! But am I glad I follow a team that's in the playoffs every year and wins Super Bowls during a couple of them? YES!!! Do I think it's ever going to happen where a team wins every year? Nope!

So I feel lucky to be a Packer fan and this was one of my favorite two non sb winning seasons! The other was 2007 with Favre!

Vincenzo
02-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Good for you for being a "Glad" Packer fan.

However I think the word "Proud" trumps glad.

Bretsky
02-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Was it disappointing a week or two ago when Atlanta destroyed us? Yep!! But am I glad I follow a team that's in the playoffs every year and wins Super Bowls during a couple of them? YES!!! Do I think it's ever going to happen where a team wins every year? Nope!

So I feel lucky to be a Packer fan and this was one of my favorite two non sb winning seasons! The other was 2007 with Favre!

Super Bowl or Bust or we're just a .........
Fart in the Wind

Upnorth
02-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Well said JH.

ThunderDan
02-03-2017, 07:27 AM
Fart in the Wind

What a horrible attitude to have. I mean really who is a fan of farts!:whaa:

Seriously, is that how you feel about your wife or kids? If they aren't perfect they are just a fart in the wind. Part of my love for the Packers is the process and how the team comes together during the year. Going 16-0 and winning the Super Bowl every year would be boring.

Enjoy the journey Bretsky. There is so much more out there to see.

pbmax
02-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Fart in the Wind

Well Bob has changed his tune, '96 Packers were just under appreciated:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/02/02/mcginn-personalities-made-96-packers-special/97398838/

RashanGary
02-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Bretsky, you should probably go shoot yourself in the head now. You're not even a fart in the wind. You're a full fledged loser. A pathetic, never done anything special, loser. Don't bother.

pbmax
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Bretsky, you should probably go shoot yourself in the head now. You're not even a fart in the wind. You're a full fledged loser. A pathetic, never done anything special, loser. Don't bother.

Is this anger at others part of the new you, or are you just having a bad day?

RashanGary
02-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Sick of hyper critical ass-holes. They don't live up to their own standards but prance around the internet like they're so smart. Yeah, it's tough to stomach, especially when a scum bag like McGinn publicly puts that garbage in the paper and peoples wives and children and family and friends get to hear it. They deserve every once of it back on them and more.

pbmax
02-03-2017, 12:31 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/02/02/mcginn-personalities-made-96-packers-special/97398838/

Speaking of Bob, he dings the stadium and its lack of coziness for fan disinterest and tickets sold to opposing teams.

In 1996, the stadium had recently been expanded to have 60,890 and they had a 0.85% no-show rate (517 per). In 2016, they had a capacity of 81,435 and a no-show rate of 3.95% (3,219 per). Bob counts either playoff games (probably) or pre-season, I am not.

He is making the case that the fan base was adoring and the team was full of exciting personalities.

What he doesn't mention while rating the fans are the costs, the PSL and the waiting list. Not to mention the likely fact that the Packers were giving essentially giving away revenue at the 1996 prices and supply. You almost always want a price and supply that will leave a few items unsold.

Also unremarked are the costs of coziness to expand the stadium from

38,669 (1961–1962)
42,327 (1963–1964)
50,852 (1965–1969)
56,263 (1970–1984)
56,926 (1985–1989)
59,543 (1990–1994)
60,890 (1995–2001)

I'll give him that skyboxes don't help the place seem cozy really, but you can't compete in a band box and expect to be financially competitive.

But mostly Bob doesn't mention that he has fallen for his own con. He went so long on a beat with no idea of what winning was supposed to look like that he thinks Bob/Ron/Mike have the only answers. Living in the past gave the Packers 20 years in the wilderness. Abandoning it made them successful.

Bob should update his priors. 25 years of sustained excellence prove there is more than one way to win regularly. Subsequent experience should tell you that Ron and Mike didn't have all the answers for the 21st Century NFL. Mike was forced out and no one thought he had answers anymore. Ron didn't know what to do when other teams stopped screwing up FA and dumping key veterans on June 1st.

KYPack
02-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Justin, slow down, man.

Bretsky is a tenured professor on PR.

Give him room to make his points.

He's earned it.

gbgary
02-03-2017, 06:47 PM
it's especially good to be a Packer fan around here. lol

Rutnstrut
02-03-2017, 10:40 PM

This article does have a few good points. The key one being utilizing all the tools to build a team is vital.

Harlan Huckleby
02-04-2017, 12:50 PM

+1

beautifully stated

Freak Out
02-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Host sever or site been hacked? WTF?

texaspackerbacker
02-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Host sever or site been hacked? WTF?

Something wasn't right for a couple of days, but it seems to be back to normal now.

Bretsky
02-04-2017, 07:23 PM
What a horrible attitude to have. I mean really who is a fan of farts!:whaa:

Seriously, is that how you feel about your wife or kids? If they aren't perfect they are just a fart in the wind. Part of my love for the Packers is the process and how the team comes together during the year. Going 16-0 and winning the Super Bowl every year would be boring.

Enjoy the journey Bretsky. There is so much more out there to see.

Some good points and no I'm not a fan of farts :)

In my real works with wife and kids, certainly not. But that's not the multi million dollar sports world that I can either choose to follow or ignore. When I coach in my mind my goal is to be the elite winner; that is what I remember. And while I enjoy all sports in Wisconsin (Packers/Bucks/Badgers...and...even the Brewers) championships are still the goal. And as you all know I kind of loved Ron Wolf....so I quote him often :))

Bretsky
02-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Justin, slow down, man.

Bretsky is a tenured professor on PR.

Give him room to make his points.

He's earned it.

It's all good KC but thx for the words. I've never really considered JH the pillar of mental stability so I wouldn't ever be offended by his views and I'm certainly not going to take the time to respond to something like that.
I get he's always loved TT; I don't share the same views but there is plenty of room for those of us to continue breathing on this earth regardless of their views on Ted Thompson.

Cheers !!!

MadtownPacker
02-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Host sever or site been hacked? WTF?I hadn't been on since Thursday. What the hell happen? Any of you hoes have a screenshot?

pbmax
02-05-2017, 10:57 AM
I hadn't been on since Thursday. What the hell happen? Any of you hoes have a screenshot?

I was not on much over last 2 days, but I did not experience an outage.

I AM experiencing the page refusing to believe I read a thread unless I dump the temp files and reload. But I thought that was a browser issue. That started yesterday I think.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2017, 11:13 AM
This site is just a fart in the wind anyway! :lol:

So this still happening to anyone? Sounds like the hosting server had issues and they resolved cuz I didn't do shit.

KYPack
02-05-2017, 12:09 PM
It's all good KC but thx for the words. I've never really considered JH the pillar of mental stability so I wouldn't ever be offended by his views and I'm certainly not going to take the time to respond to something like that.
I get he's always loved TT; I don't share the same views but there is plenty of room for those of us to continue breathing on this earth regardless of their views on Ted Thompson.

Cheers !!!

It's KY.

Mebbe you were thinking KFC.

I know it's good, just giving Justin a Jolt.