red
02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
alex mack broke his leg in the first half against us two weeks ago

he took off one play, and will try and play today

pbmax
02-05-2017, 10:50 AM
alex mack broke his leg in the first half against us two weeks ago

he took off one play, and will try and play today

You are joking, right? Did you see Lang play with a hip that is going to be operated on after the last re-injury? Perry played with a screw in his hand. I think Matthews is getting surgery. Randall had surgery mid-season and returned. Each of them continue to play in games they were hurt.

Same with Bach and Bulaga.

pbmax
02-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Also see Jordy Nelson's fractured ribs.

Joemailman
02-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Jordy played 2 weeks after fractured ribs. Adams and Allison played last week with injuries that would normally keep guys out. Whatever the reason(s) for all the injuries, Packer players certainly do play through injuries.

pbmax
02-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Jordy played 2 weeks after fractured ribs. Adams and Allison played last week with injuries that would normally keep guys out. Whatever the reason(s) for all the injuries, Packer players certainly do play through injuries.

Several times M3 said he was proud of his players stepping up to play through injuries, something he does not normally play up. Randall got some fulsome praise for this when he was banged up.

I think all doubt (dumb to begin with) about whether players will play for McCarthy or Rodgers, through injury and all, was removed by this season's playoff drive.

#leadership

Rutnstrut
02-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Playing injured is not the norm in GB. Sure there were some guys that gutted it out this year. Jordy definitely goes against the mold of the average GB player as of late.

pbmax
02-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Playing injured is not the norm in GB. Sure there were some guys that gutted it out this year. Jordy definitely goes against the mold of the average GB player as of late.

Like Ankle Adams in 2015?

Thumb Matthews in 2013?

gbgary
02-05-2017, 01:11 PM
smh

red
02-05-2017, 07:01 PM
i think i'm probably thinking about years past

pb's lists proves i'm wrong about thins year

bobblehead
02-05-2017, 07:07 PM
I would bet a LOT of money he wouldn't be playing in week 8 against detroit with same injury.

hoosier
02-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Some of you guys just like to whine.

Rutnstrut
02-05-2017, 10:32 PM
More so than playing hurt. What you don't see in GB is guys not getting hurt all the time. This is either a fault of TT drafting soft players, or something the training staff does wrong. Maybe it's a mental toughness mindset lacking throughout the org, with the exception of a few players.

Zool
02-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Jordy should have willed his ribs healed. Randall should play through the torn groin. Pussies

Carolina_Packer
02-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Of course it's not up to the players when they are questionable on the injury report. It's up to the training staff and the coaches whether they play or not. I'm sure it's a balancing act weighing having the player to help contribute now and risking further injury vs. allowing the player to rest/heal and having them for the longer run. I would guess most players lobby to get back as quickly as they can, but they don't always know what is best for themselves.