PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Hall of Fame Class

pbmax
02-05-2017, 10:43 AM
LaDainian Tomlinson, Kurt Warner, Jason Taylor, Terrell Davis and Morten Anderson. Kenny Easley also elected as Seniors Committee candidate.

Not sure Davis should be on this list. Everyone has forgotten Orlandis Gary. Also pretty sure one of Dawkins, Lynch, Butler and DWoodson should have been in his place.

Joemailman
02-05-2017, 11:28 AM
I don't see Warner as a Hall Of Famer. 2 great years. Some other very good ones. 3 years in the middle of his career when he wasn't a starter.

Great story and a nice guy. But one of the best ever? I don't see it.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Kurt Warner was a great feel good story for his time but was not an all time great.

What about T.O.?

Teamcheez1
02-05-2017, 11:58 AM
I don't think Terrell Davis belongs either with 7,607 career rushing yards which is 55th all time. He had 4 really good seasons which shouldn't be enough for the HOF.

ThunderDan
02-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Kurt Warner getting in cheapens the Hall of Fame. Just because a player is a feel good story and great human being doesn't mean he should in the Hall for 4 great years in the NFL.

pbmax
02-05-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't see Warner as a Hall Of Famer. 2 great years. Some other very good ones. 3 years in the middle of his career when he wasn't a starter.

Great story and a nice guy. But one of the best ever? I don't see it.

Kinda agree with this. Both he and Davis are in for 4.5 seasons.

pbmax
02-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Kurt Warner was a great feel good story for his time but was not an all time great.

What about T.O.?

It was thought TO was stuck at tail end of logjam of WR from huge number passing era from 1988-2004. Now that Harrison, Brown, Carter, and Reed were in, the way would be clear for him and Bruce to get in.

With neither getting in this year (a few expected Bruce), the 2018 class is getting Moss. So its back to logjam time.

TO is supposedly getting dinged by coaching and players recommendations, while fans are blaming a media who were pretty critical when he played. But voters claim the team killer aspect is what is holding him back*. Current theory is that there are enough voters to stop him getting to 80% on final ballot, so even his supporters (who are more numerous) don't push him into final 10. Gives them another spot for a player that might make it into Top 5.

Until his detractors number below 20% (43 people in room, 20% means 9 can deny a finalist), he has a big hurdle.

*Think about the coaches that can bad talk him: Bill Parcells, Andy Reid, Steve Mariucci, George Seifert

Weird thing is, this article kinda points (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2654550-terrell-owens-has-one-person-to-blame-for-hall-of-fame-snub-terrell-owens) to Philly being more forgiving than SanFran. He flat out torpedoed the Eagles at the same time he helped carry them to Super Bowl.

mmmdk
02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson, Kurt Warner, Jason Taylor, Terrell Davis and Morten Anderson. Kenny Easley also elected as Seniors Committee candidate.

Not sure Davis should be on this list. Everyone has forgotten Orlandis Gary. Also pretty sure one of Dawkins, Lynch, Butler and DWoodson should have been in his place.

ANDERSEN

pbmax
02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
ANDERSEN

A thousand apologies.

I also forgot to mention that somehow Jerry Jones is in the NFL Hall of Fame as a contributor.

I mean, he is the next person I think of after Wolf.

Zool
02-06-2017, 02:45 PM
I don't think Terrell Davis belongs either with 7,607 career rushing yards which is 55th all time. He had 4 really good seasons which shouldn't be enough for the HOF.

Then Gayle Sayers shouldn't be in either with 4900 yards.

Zool
02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Kinda agree with this. Both he and Davis are in for 4.5 seasons.

Here's a fun stat, Kurt Warner has 600 less yards passing in his career than Aikman. 3000 more than Randal Cunningham. 4000 more than Dawson(different ERA I suppose?). He didn't play enough seasons to get in, but when he did play, he was flat out amazing for that 4 year stretch.

ThunderDan
02-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Here's a fun stat, Kurt Warner has 600 less yards passing in his career than Aikman. 3000 more than Randal Cunningham. 4000 more than Dawson(different ERA I suppose?). He didn't play enough seasons to get in, but when he did play, he was flat out amazing for that 4 year stretch.

The problem I have is when he got hurt Trent Green took his place and the Greatest Show on Turf didn't miss a beat.

Rutnstrut
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Kurt Warner deserves to be in. T.O. not being in is a fucking crime. The man is better than almost any receiver already in the hof.

Zool
02-06-2017, 03:29 PM
The problem I have is when he got hurt Trent Green took his place and the Greatest Show on Turf didn't miss a beat.

Yeah I have the same thoughts. But then I remember those Superbowl years.

mmmdk
02-07-2017, 09:15 AM
A thousand apologies.

Don't sweat it, I hold your PR inputs in high regard.

Guiness
02-07-2017, 09:47 AM
TO not getting in is ridiculous.

And everyone seems to think it's a given Moss gets in first ballot but was he any less a team killer? His time in Oakland was ridiculous. NE tired of him. On his return to Minnesota he was undeniably a turd, and pouted when sent to Tennessee. Picked it up a little in SF I guess.

He was a fair weather player. Talented, yes, but played when he wanted to. Maybe the difference is that he just sulked, as opposed to TO who was vocal about his displeasure.

Pugger
02-07-2017, 09:49 AM
TO? Cry me a river. The bigger sin is Jerry Kramer being snubbed again.

gbgary
02-07-2017, 10:44 AM
What about T.O.?

definitely has the numbers but the "team cancer" thing is holding him back. some of the voters (peter king included) says he'll have to wait. he didn't even make the final ten.

gbgary
02-07-2017, 10:46 AM
TO? Cry me a river. The bigger sin is Jerry Kramer being snubbed again.

yup...i just don't get this one. read he's the only player from the '50 Year Team' that isn't in the hof.