PDA

View Full Version : BIDDING FOR TJ LANG WILL GET COSTLY.....JS

Bretsky
03-07-2017, 07:02 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/03/06/bidding-tj-lang-could-get-costly-packers/98812460/

texaspackerbacker
03-07-2017, 08:06 AM
That being the case, we should thank him and congratulate him for getting somebody else to bite big time. This reminds me of the Marco Rivera situation, and it proved there to be wise not to pay the big bucks. T.J. turned himself into a quality O Lineman, and he's apparently a good locker room influence, but considering age and injuries, I'd rather not see the Packers pay what somebody likely will. Besides, Aaron Rodgers' mobility makes all of those guys look better than they really are.

Guiness
03-07-2017, 11:11 AM
That being the case, we should thank him and congratulate him for getting somebody else to bite big time. This reminds me of the Marco Rivera situation, and it proved there to be wise not to pay the big bucks. T.J. turned himself into a quality O Lineman, and he's apparently a good locker room influence, but considering age and injuries, I'd rather not see the Packers pay what somebody likely will. Besides, Aaron Rodgers' mobility makes all of those guys look better than they really are.

Not so sure about that - I'm sure KYPack will have thoughts on the fungible nature and replaceability of OGs. The Pack suffered through a few years of bad play from that position and it hurt.

Of course, you can't pay everyone...

Deputy Nutz
03-07-2017, 12:55 PM
Oh hell, the Packers are going to be out bid on both Perry and Lang there two biggest free agents. I wouldn't pay double digit millions for either one of them. The Packers will probably pay one of them, maybe. Rodgers will whine if they let Lang go, but I think the Packers will move Bulaga to guard and get Spriggs to right tackle. Spriggs is a terrible interior player.

Zool
03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Oh hell, the Packers are going to be out bid on both Perry and Lang there two biggest free agents. I wouldn't pay double digit millions for either one of them. The Packers will probably pay one of them, maybe. Rodgers will whine if they let Lang go, but I think the Packers will move Bulaga to guard and get Spriggs to right tackle. Spriggs is a terrible interior player.

Does the $165m cap change that opinion on either guy? If that's truly market value then that's what it takes to play the game.

Upnorth
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM

I think they might on perry.

pbmax
03-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Still not sure I want to give Perry 4 years and double digits, but if it comes down to it, would rather pay him that than Lang. There are other options at Guard. Finding pass rush is like looking for a unicorn for the Packers at times.

hoosier
03-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Matching double digit offers for Perry and Lang: you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Frankly I would rather see them match Lang than Perry. Lang for the most part has managed to stay on the field, and when injured his performance is still pretty close to his high end. Perry has missed a lot of time due to injuries and when he plays hurt his performance seems to decline. Perry has the look of a contract-year wonder. Lang should come with a slight surgical discount (he won't be ready till camp and thus his integration to a new team would be delayed). He's the less risky investment.

Rutnstrut
03-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Then Bulaga can get hurt multiple times a season at an all new position.

Joemailman
03-07-2017, 11:28 PM

This is what they should do. Not convinced they will.