PDA

View Full Version : Another TE signed named Lance Kendricks

Vincenzo
03-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Now we have Bennett, Rodgers and Milwaukee native Lance Kendricks as Tight Ends.

Lance Kendricks played for the Wisconsin Badgers and was drafted by Rams in 2011. He's a capable blocker who surely must be thrilled to be signed by the Packers.

Joemailman
03-11-2017, 04:13 PM
TT is out of control!

Bretsky
03-11-2017, 04:43 PM
LIGHTING STRIKES

Bretsky
03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
I do like Kendricks and feel he's a step up from the Plodder who continues to be a sorry draft pick for the 3rd round..

This is nice insurance. Would be funny if TT did opposite of what we think. All offense in FA. Signs Land and Lacy.

And leaves all defense for the draft.

red
03-11-2017, 04:48 PM
nice addition

unexpected

still not fixing the broken part of the team

red
03-11-2017, 04:52 PM
he peaked my interest when i heard he was available, but i figured the door was closed with the bunnett signing

he's a talented guy who was on a very shitty team, could give us a great TE group

he was making 4.5 for the rams, we pry gave him 4-4.5 a year

pbmax
03-11-2017, 04:59 PM
nice addition

unexpected

still not fixing the broken part of the team

Perhaps not but might be fixing still existing problem on offense.

More TEs means more running and play action, more space in middle of field for the most common type of McCarthy short passing game (that isn't a screen pass).

Might be fixing the problem with man under coverage on offense.

red
03-11-2017, 05:04 PM
see, i was just thinking the opposite

do we now completely ditch the run game and go with the all out pass attack?

we got a legit catching TE's and dick rod didn't do too bad last year monty at RB who is really a WR, jordy, adams, cobb (if we now don't cut him to fix the defense), geronimo, and davis

a-rod might now have more weapons then any packer QB ever

i think TT needs to adjust the playbook some now to get the TE's more involved

smuggler
03-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Both Kendricks and Bennett are decent or better as blockers.

Joemailman
03-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Tough day for Dick Rod.

Teamcheez1
03-11-2017, 05:59 PM
They plan to try Bennett and Kendricks out as running backs to compete with Montgomery

Teamcheez1
03-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Tough day for Dick Rod.

Rodgers in a contract year making $1.92M. He has been put on notice.

Joemailman
03-11-2017, 06:36 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lance+Kendricks+St+Louis+Rams+v+Green+Bay+-nUugGIrYBLl.jpg

Strange Brew
03-11-2017, 07:34 PM
TT is out of control!

Great pickups! Remember to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for Teddy T. and make damn sure the defibrillator is near after he drafts Christian McCaffrey and Samaje Perine!!

Rutnstrut
03-11-2017, 08:13 PM
It's a great pick up. Too bad having two great blocking TE's will be wasted in a stubby run offense.

bobblehead
03-11-2017, 08:29 PM
see, i was just thinking the opposite

do we now completely ditch the run game and go with the all out pass attack?

we got a legit catching TE's and dick rod didn't do too bad last year monty at RB who is really a WR, jordy, adams, cobb (if we now don't cut him to fix the defense), geronimo, and davis

a-rod might now have more weapons then any packer QB ever

i think TT needs to adjust the playbook some now to get the TE's more involved

Maybe MM is intending to utilize cobb and monty correctly by lining up with 3WR, TE and cobb/monty. If D plays nickel put TE as FB and cobb/monty at RB and run. If they go base you split them and pass....RUN AND SHOOT LIVES!!!

Carolina_Packer
03-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Maybe MM is intending to utilize cobb and monty correctly by lining up with 3WR, TE and cobb/monty. If D plays nickel put TE as FB and cobb/monty at RB and run. If they go base you split them and pass....RUN AND SHOOT LIVES!!!

How about some 12 personnel? With those two tight ends being both pass catchers and blockers, the D wouldn't necessarily know which one (or both) is staying in to block and which one is going out on a route.

These guys help diversify the offense for sure. If the Packers can make the run game a consistent threat, that will help the defense by moving the chains and winning time of possession.

gbgary
03-11-2017, 10:06 PM

Pugger
03-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Tough day for Dick Rod.

Tough couple of days for Cook...

Fritz
03-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Well, Richard Rodgers, nice guy as he really does seem to be, was just not a good pick by TT. His best asset is his hands, but he's the classic Wist nightmare: soft n' slow. Can't block for shit, can't run for shit. Goes down like a goddamn sack of potatoes when a 175 lb cornerback hits him.

pbmax
03-12-2017, 09:49 AM

What would Mouse Davis say about three TEs?

esoxx
03-12-2017, 10:19 AM
What would Mouse Davis say about three TEs?

He'd say we have three too many.

BZnDallas
03-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Like the signing. Happy with the upgraded roster spot. TT uses FA again, and again they bitch and moan. "Not gonna use them right" or "Wrong side of the ball" Yawn. This means no TE picked in the draft. This means another draft pick can be used on defense. This means MM can use the double tight end set bc he has 2 blocking TEs now. Geez.

bobblehead
03-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Like the signing. Happy with the upgraded roster spot. TT uses FA again, and again they bitch and moan. "Not gonna use them right" or "Wrong side of the ball" Yawn. This means no TE picked in the draft. This means another draft pick can be used on defense. This means MM can use the double tight end set bc he has 2 blocking TEs now. Geez.

I hope you don't think I'm bitching, just wondering and hoping is all. I wish they had resigned Hyde, but I have no idea if he was willing to sign for 4.5/year before FA or not. Probably not worth 6 mil, but I would give Hyde 6 before I gave House 3.

TT is going to go D in this draft, I'm guessing edge rusher and then CB depending on how the board falls. To make the superbowl we are going to need the mythical 'rookie class contributing'

gbgary
03-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Great pickups! Remember to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for Teddy T. and make damn sure the defibrillator is near after he drafts Christian McCaffrey and Samaje Perine!!

i just don't see him going o in 1st round.

BZnDallas
03-12-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't think it was you Bobblehead, but i'm not worried enough to go back and look. I'm just saying, Ted is finally utilizing the other avenue to make this team better and folks still aren't happy. I'm thinking damn, FA isn't even over with, maybe there is a chance he brings in some D help too. I won't hold my breath, but i'm not leading a lynch mob either.

After years and years of complaining about not using FA, to jump on him after he does invalidates lots of opinions about that topic to me. I used to complain about him not using FA to fill holes so he can then use the draft to fill other holes, and I thought it was valid. Until he used FA to fill a hole he no longer has to address in the draft. That makes me happy. If you then change the complaint to he didn't fill the hole I wanted him to fill, then that opinion is invalidated to me. Bc at that point its about you. Not the team. I'm not asking TT to fill every hole on our team in FA. Just utilize that way in which to IMPROVE this team. Richard Rodgers as a no. 3 is a lot better than Richard Rodgers as a no. 2, any way you look at it.

red
03-12-2017, 04:55 PM
I don't think it was you Bobblehead, but i'm not worried enough to go back and look. I'm just saying, Ted is finally utilizing the other avenue to make this team better and folks still aren't happy. I'm thinking damn, FA isn't even over with, maybe there is a chance he brings in some D help too. I won't hold my breath, but i'm not leading a lynch mob either.

After years and years of complaining about not using FA, to jump on him after he does invalidates lots of opinions about that topic to me. I used to complain about him not using FA to fill holes so he can then use the draft to fill other holes, and I thought it was valid. Until he used FA to fill a hole he no longer has to address in the draft. That makes me happy. If you then change the complaint to he didn't fill the hole I wanted him to fill, then that opinion is invalidated to me. Bc at that point its about you. Not the team. I'm not asking TT to fill every hole on our team in FA. Just utilize that way in which to IMPROVE this team. Richard Rodgers as a no. 3 is a lot better than Richard Rodgers as a no. 2, any way you look at it.

i think its because a lot of us are feeling he's finally going after free agent, but maybe not on the side of the ball we need most

if he now signs a couple of guys on defense, all will be good

King Friday
03-12-2017, 08:52 PM
I think these free agent signings of TEs who can actually run block may be necessary since the team realizes their OL will probably not be as strong in pass protection compared to recent years. Next year's offense is going to have to be more balanced, or Rodgers will get killed one of these years. Having one TE who can block and be a receiving threat is a nice commodity...having two really opens up a playbook and keeps a defense guessing.

The fact that the contract for Perry was back loaded would suggest that Green Bay is pushing their chips to the center of the table this year. Sitting on millions of dollars in cap space with a QB like Rodgers is stupidity. I don't think you should mortgage your future, but you should procure as much talent as you possibly can. We certainly did not do that last year, and I think Thompson took some grief for it behind closed doors...and rightfully so.

Rutnstrut
03-12-2017, 09:41 PM
I think these free agent signings of TEs who can actually run block may be necessary since the team realizes their OL will probably not be as strong in pass protection compared to recent years. Next year's offense is going to have to be more balanced, or Rodgers will get killed one of these years. Having one TE who can block and be a receiving threat is a nice commodity...having two really opens up a playbook and keeps a defense guessing.

The fact that the contract for Perry was back loaded would suggest that Green Bay is pushing their chips to the center of the table this year. Sitting on millions of dollars in cap space with a QB like Rodgers is stupidity. I don't think you should mortgage your future, but you should procure as much talent as you possibly can. We certainly did not do that last year, and I think Thompson took some grief for it behind closed doors...and rightfully so.

It doesn't matter what they NEED, stubby will NOT run the ball or play action as much as they should. That is what these new TE's strong points are. No point in getting a 3/4 ton diesel truck if you are not going to do any heavy towing.

Pugger
03-12-2017, 11:10 PM
It doesn't matter what they NEED, stubby will NOT run the ball or play action as much as they should. That is what these new TE's strong points are. No point in getting a 3/4 ton diesel truck if you are not going to do any heavy towing.

Do you believe it was a mistake to go with Bennett instead of Cook?

Mazzin
03-13-2017, 07:28 AM

Tell that to all these men in Georgia.

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2017, 07:46 AM
It's a strange signing. I guess I'm in the minority that always kinda liked Richard Rodgers. Kendricks used to have some speed - hopefully he still does. I can see the logic of having the big bruiser - Bennett - as your #1 and your stretch the field guy - Kendrick ? - as your #2, but still, it's a strange signing.

BZnDallas
03-13-2017, 08:44 AM
i think its because a lot of us are feeling he's finally going after free agent, but maybe not on the side of the ball we need most

I can understand that Red. And don't get me wrong I wanted Trevethan last year too. I've wanted FA help on the D this year in House or Barwin or whatever. But again you have to realize, anywhere he signs a FA, its going to help the team in other areas thru the draft.

Guiness
03-13-2017, 12:11 PM
I wonder what Cook is thinking about now?

pbmax
03-13-2017, 01:52 PM

The offense was way too non-functional during the great 20 game slowdown for me to think he is overstocking the Offense at the expense of the defense, especially considering draft picks on D side of ball.

But if he were to not sign someone on the D side out of FA, then he is pinning all his hopes on development and that does worry me more than finding a replacement for Lang.

Bub
03-14-2017, 07:10 AM
Nice contract. 4 mil over 2 years. 1.2 mil bonus

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/3/14/14920276/lance-kendricks-packers-contract-4-million-2-years-1-2-million-signing-bonus-nfl-free-agency-2017

Bretsky
03-14-2017, 07:08 PM
I wonder what Cook is thinking about now?

I think he's pissed and thinking of firing his agent