PDA

View Full Version : Lacy to Seahawks

Vincenzo
03-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Wow :sad:

VegasPackFan
03-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Mixed feelings on this. Since I hate the Seahags immensely, I'm now hoping he spends his $5.5MM on food. Lots of food.

Deputy Nutz
03-14-2017, 11:30 AM
I have opened a candy shop in the greater Seattle Metro area.

Vincenzo
03-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Mixed feelings on this. Since I hate the Seahags immensely, I'm now hoping he spends his $5.5MM on food. Lots of food.
Lol, that's a lot money for him, even if it is for only one year. But then again, the contract is probably all incentive laden.
Good riddance, Ed.

Carolina_Packer
03-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Seems like a good dude. I wish him well when we're not playing him. Between his weight issues, ankle, and whatever Seattle was willing to pay him, it just wasn't going to work out to stay. If the Packers really considered him a core player, they would have worked harder to keep him. MM said he was a core player at the combine or thereabouts, but ultimately, the guaranteed money has to fit the team's plans. You'd love to re-sign most of them, but just can't.

So, Adrian Peterson on a two-year deal? Draft a decent RB and let him learn from Peterson?

King Friday
03-14-2017, 11:39 AM
I knew he was going to be more expensive than most people on this board would admit, and that the chances of his return were slim to none. I don't think Lacy is a major loss, but I don't like seeing him go to one of Green Bay's major competitors.

QBME
03-14-2017, 11:49 AM
I have opened a candy shop in the greater Seattle Metro area.

Next door to a legal weed shop?

SMBASS
03-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
Source said #Packers and #Vikings offered Lacy similar contracts. Chance to be in a run-first offense might have been deciding factor.

red
03-14-2017, 12:01 PM
Well that sucks

SMBASS
03-14-2017, 12:05 PM
No idea if this is true or not...

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.
— Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) March 14, 2017

Bossman641
03-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Ugh...this one bothers me. Montgomery and a motivated Lacy would have been a fun backfield to watch. I'm surprised he got almost 6 million from Seattle. Will really be pissed if he comes in lean and ready to run with Seattle.

Cheesehead Craig
03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
No way Eddie comes in lean. He'll drop some weight, then put it all back on and lose games again because of it. Meh, I'm ok with him leaving. He has talent, but he's pissing it away due to being unable to control his weight.

Sparkey
03-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Hard to place a value on a guy who doesnt take care of himself and is never available to play half the time.

Tony Oday
03-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Awesome!!!!!

Fat Boy needed to be sent packing.

theeaterofshades
03-14-2017, 12:42 PM
I googled Chinese restaurants and there are at least 10 near there are at least 10 near the stadium #chinafood #Feastmode

red
03-14-2017, 01:00 PM

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.

You know, that's really fucking shitty.

Which team could have leaked that? Doubt it was his new team. That leaves two choices. Was it a Queens reported that was told this?

Nope. It's was green bay that leaked this. They're trying to cover their ass.

After two years of no one talking about his exact weight, the teM the offered him most the second exact money (despite his weight I guess) decides to announce to the whole world that yes, he is a big fat fuck.

Classless by green bay imo

SavedByGrace
03-14-2017, 01:08 PM
That sucks. Was hoping he'd come back. Personal favorite of mine, but I also think him and Montgomery would have been quite fun to watch.

Teamcheez1
03-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Seattle will be going all out Feast Mode with Eddie in the backfield. He will also play offensive line as needed, thus the higher contract.

New nickname for Eddie is Marshawn Lunch. Will Seattle's offensive line be able to open a hole big enough for Eddie to run through?

gbgary
03-14-2017, 01:20 PM
oh well.

Rutnstrut
03-14-2017, 01:24 PM
The Packers don't need no stinking running backs. Not with stubby "committed" to the run.

Tony Oday
03-14-2017, 01:26 PM

Which team could have leaked that? Doubt it was his new team. That leaves two choices. Was it a Queens reported that was told this?

After two years of no one talking about his exact weight, the teM the offered him most the second exact money (despite his weight I guess) decides to announce to the whole world that yes, he is a big fat fuck.

Classless by this fat ass taking money and never making weight.

Teamcheez1
03-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Classless by this fat ass taking money and never making weight.

I have to agree with this. The Packers did everything they could to get Lacy to a manageable weight at which he could be productive. After all that, I'm not surprised they didn't sign him.

gbgary
03-14-2017, 01:50 PM
I have to agree with this. The Packers did everything they could to get Lacy to a manageable weight at which he could be productive. After all that, I'm not surprised they didn't sign him.

no self discipline. that's all it is. he could have been great...maybe.

George Cumby
03-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Yawn.

Seattle is hoping Pete Carroll can get inside Lacy's head and motivate him.

Good luck with that.

Nice kid but didn't really hold up his end of the deal here.

I suspect the legal herb and all the good eats up there, plus lots of rain will keep Chronic Eddie indoors, smoking up, playing Halo and getting very, very large.

Ted has flexibility in this draft, he will draft a young running back who is hungry.

VegasPackFan
03-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Lol, that's a lot money for him, even if it is for only one year. But then again, the contract is probably all incentive laden.
Good riddance, Ed.

$3MM Guaranteed.

pbmax
03-14-2017, 02:49 PM

I like the kid but I would buy this. He was back to near his 2015 weight during the 2016 season while being in better shape.

I don't think he has been below 245 as a pro, I think the 234 was combine workout produced to get drafted. Sabam said to get him to focus you had to take football away.

pbmax
03-14-2017, 02:50 PM

Is kinda terrible.

VegasPackFan
03-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Obese Mode

Harlan Huckleby
03-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Be still my beating heart! There is a football God after all!

I don't dislike Lacy personally, I just am sick of the Fat Eddie story. Goodbye, sweet prince.

Harlan Huckleby
03-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Ted has flexibility in this draft, he will draft a young running back who is hungry.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2017, 06:01 PM
It would have bothered me a lot more if we had signed Lacy than letting him go. I like it a lot more with Montgomery at RB. Given the same holes, he'll get us a lot more yards. I haven't heard anything at all in the last few weeks about Christine Michael, who I (and apparently only I) have a high opinion of. Going into the season with Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski (who IMO runs as good as Lacy), and maybe Crockett would suit me just fine.

King Friday
03-14-2017, 06:48 PM
It would have bothered me a lot more if we had signed Lacy than letting him go. I like it a lot more with Montgomery at RB. Given the same holes, he'll get us a lot more yards. I haven't heard anything at all in the last few weeks about Christine Michael, who I (and apparently only I) have a high opinion of. Going into the season with Montgomery, Michael, Ripkowski (who IMO runs as good as Lacy), and maybe Crockett would suit me just fine.

Michael doesn't have a prayer of making the roster next season. I've seen french toast sticks with more IQ than that guy.

Bretsky
03-14-2017, 07:00 PM
No surprise; use the money on defense

KYPack
03-14-2017, 08:08 PM
$3MM Guaranteed.

They said one year 5.5 mil on ESPN.

A one year deal is pretty much guaranteed.

Maybe he had to come into camp under 300 lbs.

Teamcheez1
03-14-2017, 08:12 PM

Lacy reported to have celebrated the contract signing at Golden Corral.

Rutnstrut
03-14-2017, 08:18 PM

I didn't know Michael was still on the roster, I actually have high hopes for him. The only way Montgomery will suffice as a fulltime back is if stubby continues his aversion to the run.

Pugger
03-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Seems like a good dude. I wish him well when we're not playing him. Between his weight issues, ankle, and whatever Seattle was willing to pay him, it just wasn't going to work out to stay. If the Packers really considered him a core player, they would have worked harder to keep him. MM said he was a core player at the combine or thereabouts, but ultimately, the guaranteed money has to fit the team's plans. You'd love to re-sign most of them, but just can't.

So, Adrian Peterson on a two-year deal? Draft a decent RB and let him learn from Peterson?

A rookie RB draft pick will learn from AP how not to pick up a blitz or catch a pass out of the backfield. :-p

Zool
03-15-2017, 01:15 AM
Yawn.

Seattle is hoping Pete Carroll can get inside Lacy's head and motivate him.

Good luck with that.

Nice kid but didn't really hold up his end of the deal here.

I suspect the legal herb and all the good eats up there, plus lots of rain will keep Chronic Eddie indoors, smoking up, playing Halo and getting very, very large.

Eddie has been hungry for th last 20 years

wootah
03-15-2017, 05:05 AM
I guess the last time we can use this one:

http://i.imgur.com/KH2Es2B.png

pbmax
03-15-2017, 09:04 AM

As amazing as it is to admit, sometimes red is right despite the condition of his liver. There is always the possibility of funny money. This isn't a slam dunk as the guaranteed number doesn't necessarily include those not likely to be earned incentives, but you never know.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 44s44 seconds ago
SEA deal w/Eddie Lacy includes $385K in weight bonuses, $1M tied to weekly roster bonuses and $1.3M in not likely to be earned incentives...

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
The Seahawks are more than protected in the deal, which at its base is a $1.5M signing bonus and a $1.365M guaranteed 2017 base salary

The details aren't on spotrac.com yet. Someone yesterday said the deals between the 3 teams were similar, wonder if Eddie got taken for a ride by his agent and that high top line number.

pbmax
03-15-2017, 09:22 AM
He's a good guy.

Eddie Lacy‏ @Lil_Eazy_Ana_42 20h20 hours ago
Thank you to the @packers organization for taking a chance on a kid from Gretna, LA. Life changing opportunity & am forever grateful

Pugger
03-15-2017, 10:27 AM
He's a good guy.

Eddie Lacy‏ @Lil_Eazy_Ana_42 20h20 hours ago
Thank you to the @packers organization for taking a chance on a kid from Gretna, LA. Life changing opportunity & am forever grateful

From all accounts he was well liked in the locker room. It will be interesting to see how he does up in Seattle. I hope he sucks whenever he plays us, however.

pbmax
03-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Over The Cap: http://overthecap.com/player/eddie-lacy/2389

Eddie Lacy signed a one year, $4.25 million contract with the Seahawks on March 14, 2017. Lacy received $2.865 million in guarantees, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. $385,000 of the contract is tied to Lacy making weight and $1 million is tied to game day active roster bonuses. Another $1.3 million is available for performance.

Total Value: $4,250,000 (avg. $4,250,000/year; $2,865,000 fully guaranteed)
12th highest of 142 RB contracts

He gets $1.5 million signing bonus. If he makes Game Day active roster all season, he gets another $1 million. If he makes all weigh-ins, he gets another $385,000 for possible total of $2.885 mil.

Another $1.3 mil on the line for achieving performance targets, for $3.885 million total.

Joemailman
03-15-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm frustrated by Lacy. Loved watching him play. Could have been one of the great Packer running backs. Just didn't take his profession seriously enough.

Bretsky
03-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Lots of interesting comments today by Greg Jennings in regards to Lacy

pbmax
03-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Lots of interesting comments today by Greg Jennings in regards to Lacy

Well, post 'em!

Bretsky
03-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Well, post 'em!

“When you’re drafted and you’re a first-round draft pick, especially at an organization like Green Bay who typically drafts well… this was a young man who had the opportunity to do something special within this organization.

“And he wasted it away, because he was unwilling to commit to his personal training. His health. And to that team. It was the ultimate sign of selfishness. He was worried about off-the-field things, whatever that entailed in the offseason, and he didn’t dedicate what he needed to the game and to his personal training, and being prepared and ready to go for a season.

“They didn’t need him to be like typically every other three-down back. They had James Starks. They just needed you to be healthy, to run through the tackles…”

Colin Cowherd: “And not eat cheeseburgers all day.”

Greg Jennings: “…and not eat cheeseburgers. Just reel it in, a little bit

Zool
03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Greg sure has changed his tune.

Pugger
03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Besides Lacy not being a first round pick I agree with what Jennings said regarding Eddie. I had heard rumors that football wasn't Lacy's #1 priority. If you are a professional athlete you gotta be ultra committed and it appears he just isn't.

Pugger
03-16-2017, 08:31 AM

I'm gonna wager Greg said those things back then because his ego was bruised. Time can heal a lot of wounds.

hoosier
03-16-2017, 08:38 AM
I'm gonna wager Greg said those things back then because his ego was bruised. Time can heal a lot of wounds.

You mean, like, yesterday?

Pugger
03-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Yesterday? What did I miss...?

Joemailman
03-16-2017, 09:01 AM

How so? Jennings may have said some regrettable things after he left the Packers, but I never saw anything to suggest he lacked commitment when he was playing for them.

Zool
03-16-2017, 09:39 AM
How so? Jennings may have said some regrettable things after he left the Packers, but I never saw anything to suggest he lacked commitment when he was playing for them.

He was pretty disparaging of the Packers in the Twin Cities news for a few months after he left. Not as much as his sister I guess, but he had some pretty sour grapes for a while there.

pbmax
03-16-2017, 11:58 AM
If Eddie had been hurt but not fat, Cowherd and Jennings would tell you he was injury prone.

If he had been hurt just the one time and not fat, Cowherd and Jennings would tell you the Packers do not care for players who made sacrifices and played hurt for the team because the don't offer them contract extensions.

There is no news that cannot be spun as reflecting poorly on someone else.

woodbuck27
03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2690195-eddie-lacy-seahawks-agree-on-reported-1-year-contract?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

EDDIE LACY, SEAHAWKS AGREE ON 1-YEAR CONTRACT

This article pretty much covers it all and Eddie Lacy and now a Seattle Seahawk.

run pMc
03-16-2017, 09:09 PM
I liked Lacy, thought he made the OL look better at run blocking than they were. In his rookie year he could turn a 1 yard gain into a 3 or 4 yarder. That changed too soon. The weight scrutiny was with him from his first camp, but it was pretty embarrassing when he got around 260 and not well conditioned.
Jennings is a pundit at this point. He can have an opinion. When he played for GB, he trained hard and played well. Sour grapes because his career fizzled out post-GB isn't a good look, but I'm not sure based on the comments posted here that he's saying anything that hasn't been said by posters here.

Bossman641
03-16-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm frustrated by Lacy. Loved watching him play. Could have been one of the great Packer running backs. Just didn't take his profession seriously enough.

Agreed. Such wasted talent. Early in his career he carried the offense when rodgers was out. Figured we'd have another 4-5 years of that.