PDA

View Full Version : Sherman on the block

Tony Oday
04-06-2017, 07:36 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19083710/gm-confirms-seattle-seahawks-discussed-trading-richard-sherman

Would love it and would trade this years 1st and next year 3rd for him.

arcilite
04-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a CB on the decline that will have cap hits of $13.6M and $13.2M over the next two years?

No way.

Rutnstrut
04-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Trading a 1st and a 3rd for a CB on the decline that will have cap hits of $13.6M and $13.2M over the next two years?

No way.

Yeah, no reason to get better on defense right NOW. Much better to take the bigger gamble on Ted's shitty ability to draft decent defensive players and take the time for them to not develop. Sherman is still damn good and would be playing with a bigger chip than normal. This defense needs some attitude like what he would bring.

arcilite
04-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Yeah, no reason to get better on defense right NOW. Much better to take the bigger gamble on Ted's shitty ability to draft decent defensive players and take the time for them to not develop. Sherman is still damn good and would be playing with a bigger chip than normal. This defense needs some attitude like what he would bring.

Doing that would be mortgaging the future of the team. No thanks.

Taking on that cap hit leaves not much left next year for a Davante Adams extension (remember how many people wanted him cut from the team last year? Remind you of anyone this year? Maybe a Damarious Randall perhaps? Draft & develop works.) We also have Rodgers next contract, CLinton-Dix, etc. to worry about.

Man I'm glad you guys are not in charge.

We would have no draft picks and our team would be made up of people you see on ESPN Classic.

But we would have playmakers, am I right? Ted never drafts those.

Carolina_Packer
04-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Doing that would be mortgaging the future of the team. No thanks.

Taking on that cap hit leaves not much left next year for a Davante Adams extension (remember how many people wanted him cut from the team last year? Remind you of anyone this year? Maybe a Damarious Randall perhaps? Draft & develop works.) We also have Rodgers next contract, CLinton-Dix, etc. to worry about.

We would have no draft picks and our team would be made up of people you see on ESPN Classic.

But we would have playmakers, am I right? Ted never drafts those.

Everyone would want the talent of a Richard Sherman on the back-end of the defense. Fans want results, I get it. They see windows of opportunity closing and want quick, talented fixes for what ails the team. That said, if they make that kind of a cap commitment to Sherman and he gets hurt (I hear hammy injuries are all the rage), then we have gone to Byrdland (Jairus style). Then we have an expensive player who is not contributing and as you mention, that does not help the signing of future deals. We all want the defense to play better, more consistently, but we don't all agree on what we think the team should do to fix the issues. Good luck with injuries would be a nice start.

gbgary
04-06-2017, 11:56 AM
with Rodgers' window closing (and the chances of getting a third outstanding qb being slim to none) i've advocated mortgaging the future to win now. let the next gm fix it later with the ever increasing yearly cap...but...not for this guy. i don't like the guy for his calling out coaches and his 'i'm bigger than the team' attitude. he will divide a locker room quickly. that's why he's on the block. he's got two years left but he's clearly on decline too. so...no.

Zool
04-06-2017, 12:40 PM

The Washington Redskins?

Upnorth
04-06-2017, 02:22 PM
with Rodgers' window closing (and the chances of getting a third outstanding qb being slim to none) i've advocated mortgaging the future to win now. let the next gm fix it later with the ever increasing yearly cap...but...not for this guy. i don't like the guy for his calling out coaches and his 'i'm bigger than the team' attitude. he will divide a locker room quickly. that's why he's on the block. he's got two years left but he's clearly on decline too. so...no.

Is Rodgers 37 or 32? Do you want 2 years of opportunity or 5-7? I want talent for the duration of Rodgers tenure, not just 2 years and you are right about Sherman on the decline.

QBME
04-06-2017, 03:20 PM

No way.

Gotta go with this. Sherman still has speed and skills, but got burned a couple of times in critical situations this past season. Too big a check to write.

But maybe, just maybe, Dom and his staff could capitalize on his remaining strengths?

Waiting for the return volley, from, well....whomever.

gbgary
04-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Is Rodgers 37 or 32? Do you want 2 years of opportunity or 5-7? I want talent for the duration of Rodgers tenure, not just 2 years and you are right about Sherman on the decline.

i'm not saying go nuts, but for the next 5 years do whatever it takes and live with the consequences later. the way the cap jumps every year it's not like it would be horribly painful to fix later on anyway. my biggest concern is Rodgers getting to the point that he quits out of frustration. you ready to have randy wright 2.0 more sooner than later?

Joemailman
04-06-2017, 04:41 PM
The Seahawks may be interested in trading Sherman. However, I doubt they're looking to trade him to the Packers or any of their other principal NFC rivals.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-gm-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-are-real-on-both-sides/

Sherman ranked 10th among all cornerbacks last season, according to Pro Football Focus, though it’s worth pointing out that he earned the lowest pass-coverage grade of his career. In fact, his pass-coverage grades have declined the past three seasons. Again, this is all relative; Sherman ranked 15th in pass coverage in 2016, just behind Marcus Peters and Patrick Peterson.

He's still good, but probably declining. If he were the player he used to be, I doubt the Seahawks would be looking to move him. Right now Raiders would be the most likely place for him to be traded to.

BZnDallas
04-06-2017, 05:01 PM
i'm not saying go nuts, but for the next 5 years do whatever it takes and live with the consequences later. the way the cap jumps every year it's not like it would be horribly painful to fix later on anyway. my biggest concern is Rodgers getting to the point that he quits out of frustration. you ready to have randy wright 2.0 more sooner than later?

Nothing I've ever heard from AR suggests he's going to quit bc of frustration. Even his all-in comments at seasons end were suggestively positive. "We just have to make sure....". And just recently he talked up Brady and his workout regiment to stay healthy. If AR can stay healthy he'll play, imo.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a positive attitude from AR while he plays. But as long as TT is active in FA (which nobody can say he hasn't been, this off season), I think that'll keep AR happy. His all-in comment seems to have woken TT. Bc let's be honest, teams can't go all-in every year by definition. You can argue spending every last dime every season, but even AR knows some of that money is going to his next contract and Davante's etc, so its not realistic. As long as TT continues to utilize FA like he has done this off season, AR will be happy and hopefully play well into his 40s.

gbgary
04-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Nothing I've ever heard from AR suggests he's going to quit bc of frustration. Even his all-in comments at seasons end were suggestively positive. "We just have to make sure....". And just recently he talked up Brady and his workout regiment to stay healthy. If AR can stay healthy he'll play, imo.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a positive attitude from AR while he plays. But as long as TT is active in FA (which nobody can say he hasn't been, this off season), I think that'll keep AR happy. His all-in comment seems to have woken TT. Bc let's be honest, teams can't go all-in every year by definition. You can argue spending every last dime every season, but even AR knows some of that money is going to his next contract and Davante's etc, so its not realistic. As long as TT continues to utilize FA like he has done this off season, AR will be happy and hopefully play well into his 40s.

he hasn't...but his all-in was a warning.
like i said...i'm not saying go nuts.
all he's done is plug holes he created with similar players. the team hasn't got better...yet.

maybe the draft will help.

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm thinking it wouldn't take anywhere near a #1 plus a #3 to get Sherman. Older high quality players like him, especially at positions where it doesn't take much to diminish quality of play like Corner, usually for a single mid round draft pick. I'd like to see the Packers give a #3 or #4 for him.

The Shadow
04-06-2017, 07:36 PM
A #2 would be the correct value here. No more.

pbmax
04-06-2017, 08:01 PM
he hasn't...but his all-in was a warning.
like i said...i'm not saying go nuts.
all he's done is plug holes he created with similar players. the team hasn't got better...yet.

maybe the draft will help.

He is already OK with the approach, even before the attempt to sign more Ego.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde Mar 24
On @WildeAndTausch: Aaron Rodgers tells @EvanDaniels #Packers fans "should be really excited." Are you, based on how the offseason's gone?

pbmax
04-06-2017, 08:02 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin reportedly arrested again, this time for possible parole violation
https://t.co/4TApfTgYed

Hundley for Sherman!

texaspackerbacker
04-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin reportedly arrested again, this time for possible parole violation

Hundley for Sherman!

hahahaha Good Idea. If history repeats with Hundley, eventually, we will either lose him as a free agent or get too little for him - a mid round pick maybe. So a trade like this would make sense. Just the same, it's a long shot, and I doubt it happens.

gbgary
04-06-2017, 09:58 PM
He is already OK with the approach, even before the attempt to sign more Ego.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde Mar 24
On @WildeAndTausch: Aaron Rodgers tells @EvanDaniels #Packers fans "should be really excited." Are you, based on how the offseason's gone?

he was obviously speaking for the o side of the ball.

Bretsky
04-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Hundley for Sherman!

We all know Ted Thompson valued draft picks more than his own children so forget that idea

How about a practical one.

Would we trade Randall Cobb for Richard Sherman ? Seattle sucks at WR; we suck at CB

pbmax
04-06-2017, 10:37 PM
nm

Pugger
04-06-2017, 11:15 PM
I just can't see Seattle trading Sherman to us even with Schneider as their GM. They sure as hell don't want us to improve our defense seeing they will have to play us sometime in the postseason. I suspect they'll trade him to an AFC team outside of NE. The latest rumor is Buffalo is an interested party.

gbgary
04-07-2017, 06:47 AM
We all know Ted Thompson valued draft picks more than his own children so forget that idea

How about a practical one.

Would we trade Randall Cobb for Richard Sherman ? Seattle sucks at WR; we suck at CB

they don't want a big salary. they'd want someone young in their first contract.

bobblehead
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19083710/gm-confirms-seattle-seahawks-discussed-trading-richard-sherman

Would love it and would trade this years 1st and next year 3rd for him.

If you ever get a GM job I want a job with another team.

MadtownPacker
04-07-2017, 10:03 PM
You sorry little bitches. Wouldn't want sherman at his best and even less now that he is on the decline. Besides he would get flagged for something every play in the Packers defense.

Tony Oday
04-08-2017, 11:06 AM
He is three times better in his decline than our CBs are at their theoretical top end. Our 1st round picks suck donkey balls and we need NFL CBs not the pieces of shit we have. Sick of this team being ok to good. Davante Adams is replaceable and unless they get Cobb to take a reduction, should be allowed to walk and make the blockbuster deal.

Tony Oday
04-08-2017, 11:11 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25167/richard-sherman-trade-buzz-seahawks-asking-price-suitors-more

I was close on the asking price and probably right on considering they would be trading to a rival. 29 years old and an elite corner that really isn't making that much. Make the damn deal.

pbmax
04-08-2017, 02:48 PM
He's team oriented alright:

It's probably a combination of factors, but at the top of the list is that Sherman's sideline blowups last year clearly didn't sit well with Carroll. In Week 6, Sherman got into it with defensive coordinator Kris Richard after the Seahawks blew a coverage, and teammates had to rally around Sherman to calm him down.

In Week 15, Sherman questioned a decision to pass from the Los Angeles Rams' 1-yard line and went after Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. Afterward, Sherman justified his actions by referencing Russell Wilson's game-ending interception in Super Bowl XLIX.

"I was letting [Carroll] know. We've already seen how that goes," Sherman said at the time.

gbgary
04-08-2017, 03:01 PM
He's team oriented alright:

damn...who said that? i said he was a locker room divider for that shit.

texaspackerbacker
04-09-2017, 09:10 AM

More like he had the balls to say what everybody was already thinking.

pbmax
04-09-2017, 09:23 AM

Wasn't replying to anyone. Just read that in the ESPN writeup. He's a wee bit volatile. Packers probably would not have a problem with it, but he's more outspoken and public than Woodson.

pbmax
04-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Bleacher Report‏ @BleacherReport
Seahawks dropping their asking price for Richard Sherman, per @MikeGarafolo http://ble.ac/2owyY79

Mike Garafolo of NFL Network said Tuesday the team is looking for a "first-round pick and another mid-round pick." Last week, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported the Seahawks were hoping for "a very good player plus a high draft pick."

There seems to be some confusion in this report. Garafolo says he has heard the price has not changed. Others are saying it has dropped, but its not clear to what.

I tend to lean to side that it isn't changing as this guy is normally pretty accurate:

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reported a deal could be equivalent to what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave up in 2013 for Darrelle Revis: the No. 13 overall pick and a conditional fourth-rounder.

red
04-11-2017, 04:40 PM
when it gets down to just a first, then i might be interested

wist43
04-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Ted would never trade a high pick for a player... he never has, he never will.

Bretsky
04-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Ted would never trade a high pick for a player... he never has, he never will.

Didn't Ted give up a late round draft pick for Ryan Grant one year ?

I agree though; Ted won't give picks.

COBB for SHERMAN ?

Fritz
04-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Trade a guy from a position TT knows how to draft for a guy from a position TT has mixed success drafting?

Maybe.

But then, why not trade the wide receivers for d-linemen, whom Ted can't pick for beans?

gbgary
04-16-2017, 04:20 PM
cap space as of today...$21,337,861.00 11th most in the league.

pbmax
04-16-2017, 10:39 PM
cap space as of today...$21,337,861.00 11th most in the league.

What did they spend $2 million on in the last week?

gbgary
04-17-2017, 09:31 AM
What did they spend $2 million on in the last week?

don't know. got info here. they got it from overthecap.com.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

Zool
04-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Geronimo signed on Friday. Couldn't be $2m but is a part of it.

pbmax
04-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Geronimo signed on Friday. Couldn't be $2m but is a part of it.

He is $540,000 worth of it.

Cheesehead Craig
04-17-2017, 12:46 PM
I can't believe how cowardly Ted is (along with 30 other GMs) who haven't yet traded for Sherman. It's such a no brainer deal that I can't believe he's (they're) taking so long.

red
04-17-2017, 01:42 PM
don't know. got info here. they got it from overthecap.com.

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

spotrac has almost the same number

no clue where that money went

red
04-17-2017, 05:17 PM
is sherman a dick to his teamates like TO was?

didn't he throw his team and coaches under the bus last season

maybe the guy is just as big of a jerk off in the locker room as he seems on the field. maybe no one wants him cause he's a locker room cancer, and an asshat

Bretsky
04-17-2017, 09:56 PM
He's a problem for the coaches; outspoken and when things go wrong I think he's hard to deal with.

I think I'd dangle a 3rd...but no more. I think Seattle wants to get rid of him

Pugger
04-18-2017, 08:47 AM
When a team is willing to trade a player like this you almost should hesitate. Do we really need a cancer like him?

bobblehead
04-18-2017, 09:10 AM
I can't believe how cowardly Ted is (along with 30 other GMs) who haven't yet traded for Sherman. It's such a no brainer deal that I can't believe he's (they're) taking so long.

Its just crazy how every GM in the NFL is wrong on his value, but you are spot on right!

Tony Oday
04-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Well when we don't have an NFL corner on the roster maybe it could help our chances