PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Porter?

Pugger
04-10-2017, 05:52 PM
The Bears have released Porter. Is he worth a look?

Joemailman
04-10-2017, 06:04 PM
He played okay, not great, for the Bears. Not sure if the Packers are in the market for another veteran CB after signing House.

texaspackerbacker
04-10-2017, 06:55 PM
He played pretty well against the Packers, but apparently not that well against everybody else. Still, he was the best Corner on a team that was not overly good in the front seven. Apparently man coverage is his thing, which is a good thing. He was cut as a salary cap thing after playing with injuries. All things considered, I'd give him a try with very little guaranteed money. I doubt very much it happens, though.

Tony Oday
04-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Sign him and trade for Sherman...boom secondary fixed with young guys backing them up.

Upnorth
04-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Sign him and trade for Sherman...boom secondary fixed with young guys backing them up.

While I agree with signing Tracy Porter, Sherman depends on what they expect in trade. If cost efficient then this would solve the secondary problem.

pbmax
04-11-2017, 12:12 PM
No.

Brandon494
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
Nope

Zool
04-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Nein

texaspackerbacker
04-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Does that mean the 3 of you above think getting Sherman cheaply enough (which is highly unlikely to happen) would NOT solve the secondary problems? I have to go with Upnorth on this one by a wide margin.

pbmax
04-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Porter is not good enough to start for the Saints (terrible defense) and the Bears (terrible defense).

If he offered upside, they would have redone the contract (Bears would have anyway). He is done.

Sherman's draft pick cost is too high right now.

Upnorth
04-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Porter is not good enough to start for the Saints (terrible defense) and the Bears (terrible defense).

If he offered upside, they would have redone the contract (Bears would have anyway). He is done.

Someone suggested a trade for cobb. We replace cobb with a tt second rounder superstar (he finds wr gold in the second. ) Helps alieviate shermans salary cap issues.

Rutnstrut
04-12-2017, 07:34 PM

I'm not saying Porter is any good, but your argument is null. The majority of starters on the Packers D wouldn't start for most other teams.

pbmax
04-12-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm not saying Porter is any good, but your argument is null. The majority of starters on the Packers D wouldn't start for most other teams.

But that is literally the point. The Saints and Bears were as bad in the backend. Porter was not a starter on a better pass D.

Bretsky
04-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Someone suggested a trade for cobb. We replace cobb with a tt second rounder superstar (he finds wr gold in the second. ) Helps alieviate shermans salary cap issues.

THAT WAS ME

We all know Ted will give his kids away before draft picks so I thought it would be worth considering.

Doubtful Ted will want to pay big bucks to Adams, Jordy, and Cobb at once for too long so it also helps that situation.

BZnDallas
04-13-2017, 09:25 AM
THAT WAS ME

We all know Ted will give his kids away before draft picks so I thought it would be worth considering.

Doubtful Ted will want to pay big bucks to Adams, Jordy, and Cobb at once for too long so it also helps that situation.

Apparently Marshawn Lynch is willing to play for whatever team trades for Sherman, or the fore mentioned Raiders. Heard it on the radio so I don't have a source. I'd be willing to give up Cobb for Sherman if its a 2 for 1 deal and Beast Mode comes along for the ride. I don't know about the money aspect of the deals, but I agree with Bretsky. Adams is gonna need money and not sure there is enough for 3 $9-$10 mil per year WRs on the team.

Upnorth
04-13-2017, 10:11 AM
We have seen peak Cobb, I'm not convinced peak adams is worse. I would do it

BZnDallas
04-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Now Twitter has Seattle trading Marshawn to Oakland.

Zool
04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
We have seen peak Cobb, I'm not convinced peak adams is worse. I would do it

If Adams stays at his currently play level he's at least as good as Cobb. He might actually jump again this year. Cobb is what he is. A good WR who got paid like a very good one.

Pugger
04-14-2017, 04:57 AM
Nobody bitched about the contract Cobb signed back in the day. Cobb's problem lately is health. Also, he might appear to be overpaid because Jordy is underpaid.

Zool
04-14-2017, 08:58 AM
I don't begrudge the man getting paid. I think he's paid a tier above his career production, but Rodgers loves him so you pay the man. My thinking is you can pay someone a lot less and not drop down very far in production.

I still don't want Porter, and I'm not sold on Sherman. Usually head cases get crazier as they get older, not better.

Fritz
04-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Why do we want someone else's garbage? Is it just because it's a name people know?

Sign Lawrence Taylor now!

BZnDallas
04-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Nobody bitched about the contract Cobb signed back in the day. Cobb's problem lately is health. Also, he might appear to be overpaid because Jordy is underpaid.

I don't have an issue with Cobb's contract, its going to take a similar contract to trade for Sherman. (Not saying that's gonna happen.) And with the salary cap increasing every year, its actually probably pretty good for one of the better slot receivers in the league (when healthy).

Bretsky
04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
If Adams stays at his currently play level he's at least as good as Cobb. He might actually jump again this year. Cobb is what he is. A good WR who got paid like a very good one.

I think he's passed Cobb

Fritz
04-15-2017, 07:45 AM
My greatest disappointment with Cobb is that nobody ever got the nickname "Corn" to stick.

Zool
04-15-2017, 08:46 PM
I think he's passed Cobb

One year is not enough show for me. If he's the same or improved this time next year, I'll agree for sure.

Rutnstrut
04-16-2017, 06:24 PM
I think he's passed Cobb

No way. A flash here and there means nothing. The fraud will be back in true fraud form early this season and many will make excuses for him. When the truth of the matter is, he's just not that good. Hopefully I am wrong, but I doubt it.