PDA

View Full Version : "PACKERS 1ST ROUND FOCUS ON DEFENSE FAILS TO PAY OFF"...........Guess the Writer ??

Bretsky
04-16-2017, 07:42 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/04/14/packers-1st-round-focus-defense-fails-pay-off/100421470/

run pMc
04-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Did they give McGinn and Cohen the boot? That Nagler guy might as well be my neighbor, recording videos on his backyard patio. Also, am I the only person who does NOT want to stare at pasty faced strangers giving/having interviews over their crappy phones?

I actually agree with a chunk of the article, although I find it interesting that they chose to go with comparing with Denver and NE instead of the NYJ. Also, the Jets have had much higher draft position than GB, so maybe they have more reason to complain?
Injuries will derail a season or a career.

Bretsky
04-17-2017, 09:52 PM
We light up McGinn like he's the devil, but there are writers all over making similar points

ThunderDan
04-18-2017, 07:04 AM
We light up McGinn like he's the devil, but there are writers all over making similar points

Ah, so you were starting this thread to troll certain posters.

I agree with the premise. We have spent a lot of draft picks on D recently and haven't gotten a lot in return so far.

arcilite
04-18-2017, 07:33 AM
One could only hope that Cohen got the boot.

That goober needs to go back to writing for high school newspapers

pbmax
04-18-2017, 10:37 AM
The article is fine. They haven't got a blockbuster D out of those draft picks. Nothing like the 49ers had after 10 years of drafting in the Top 10.

But the article doesn't mention that the Defense, despite several high visibility meltdowns, has actually outperformed the Offense in several of the last few playoffs.

The problem is the variability.

At times, the unit has performed near expectations for such an investment. The fantastic start last year was probably not sustainable, but CB and ILB injuries took that defense apart in quick order. I am far more disappointed in the depth than I am in the first round draft picks.

bobblehead
04-18-2017, 12:40 PM
This is a great time to withold judgement for one more year. CBs should take a step, ILB both still young. Not sure who we draft, but I could see this D improving a lot. Of course that means they will only be average if they do.

wist43
04-18-2017, 09:10 PM
OK let me try it in this thread... MM says dunderdummy is a coaching God, and Ted needs to be fired??

Bretsky
04-18-2017, 10:29 PM
OK let me try it in this thread... MM says dunderdummy is a coaching God, and Ted needs to be fired??

Dom is no genius neither is Ted. Can you agree with that ?

texaspackerbacker
04-19-2017, 12:34 AM
I'd say Capers is damn near a genius - or at least a defensive football savant. His defenses do more with less than just about any D Coordinator.

wist43
04-19-2017, 10:16 AM
I'd say Capers is damn near a genius - or at least a defensive football savant. His defenses do more with less than just about any D Coordinator.

Then Ted needs to be fired for failing to provide talent??

wist43
04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Dom is no genius neither is Ted. Can you agree with that ?

Apparently, lol...

One thing is for sure, Rodgers career will be largely wasted in terms of team success, and no one will be held accountable.

Zool
04-19-2017, 11:48 AM
You've convinced me. I'm going to stop watching the Packers. I don't want to follow something that gives me so much displeasure.

wist43
04-19-2017, 03:04 PM
You've convinced me. I'm going to stop watching the Packers. I don't want to follow something that gives me so much displeasure.

Like I said about you homers 12 years ago... 10-6 is fine for u. Whereas I want to win championships.

We just have different expectations.

Zool
04-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Like I said about you homers 12 years ago... 10-6 is fine for u. Whereas I want to win championships.

We just have different expectations.

You can call me a homer all you want, but you like being angry. You thrive on it. You would hate to be a Patriots fan, because your anger would be harder to direct. You'd have to buy a dog to kick.

Upnorth
04-19-2017, 04:34 PM
If at the beginning of the season you told me we would tie up the all time bear series, score the first ever touchdown in the birdhouse, beat the lions in week 17 for nfc north championship, take the all time lead in the Dallas playoff series and make the nfc championship game I would take that as a win. That is close to a perfect season

wist43
04-19-2017, 08:01 PM
You can call me a homer all you want, but you like being angry. You thrive on it. You would hate to be a Patriots fan, because your anger would be harder to direct. You'd have to buy a dog to kick.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

You really are quite emotional, aren't you ;)

Zool
04-20-2017, 12:18 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R2hkw-qYEWQ

You really are quite emotional, aren't you ;)

Quite the opposite. I just want you to admit you have a problem and get some help. This is a safe place Wisty. We're all friends here.

BZnDallas
04-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Quite the opposite. I just want you to admit you have a problem and get some help. This is a safe place Wisty. We're all friends here.

Trust tree :-)

Pugger
04-20-2017, 10:12 AM
If at the beginning of the season you told me we would tie up the all time bear series, score the first ever touchdown in the birdhouse, beat the lions in week 17 for nfc north championship, take the all time lead in the Dallas playoff series and make the nfc championship game I would take that as a win. That is close to a perfect season

Unfortunately for some - and I'm not just talking about people here, I see these kinds of posts on other Packers forums - are not happy unless the Packers win the SB. Anything less than that as long as we have #12 is unacceptable.