PDA

View Full Version : Who WILL TT Draft AT #29?

Joemailman
04-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Not a preference poll. It's prediction time. Who will TT take at #29?

Poll to follow.

Joemailman
04-25-2017, 08:08 PM
TT will trade down and select T.J. Watt.

Zool
04-25-2017, 08:11 PM
I don't know enough prospects to say for sure, but it will be a DT or OT that everyone says has a second round grade. And in 4 years he will be steady and unspectacular.

pbmax
04-25-2017, 08:20 PM
There are six first round CBs in most estimations and I just read that about 10 teams want them.

Its going to be an EDGE rusher.

Jordan Willis

Ted might go back a few slots to get him in second.

I voted for Other.

wist43
04-25-2017, 09:06 PM
There are six first round CBs in most estimations and I just read that about 10 teams want them.

Its going to be an EDGE rusher.

Jordan Willis

Ted might go back a few slots to get him in second.

I voted for Other.

Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...

pbmax
04-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Would hate that pick... so?? Sounds about right, lol...

Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?

pbmax
04-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Wow, film versus Standord is ungood. He has some speed to the outside and pursues OK, but not strong at the point of attack. Nick Perry he is not.

Kinda lumbering. Needs lots more strength. Also doesn't use arms or hands to keep Tackle off him. Has a decent soft shoulder move. Twice he caught the Tackle while Tackle was moving to set and was able to win. Seems quite slow off the ball, but the whole K-State line seemed that way. No counter move to get inside the tackle. Could be the Wide 9 defense he is playing.

He does play the option better than Matthews. Stays home or closes on the mesh.

I hope all the rumbling about this kid is just noise and the Packers ignore him until much later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4X-8fNx0A

gbgary
04-25-2017, 09:40 PM
I don't know enough prospects to say for sure, but it will be a DT or OT that everyone says has a second round grade. And in 4 years he will be steady and unspectacular.

lol

Bretsky
04-25-2017, 09:42 PM

like Datone Jones ?

Bretsky
04-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Bretsky will be chanting for the WATT MACHINE; Ted will take a CB

red
04-25-2017, 09:46 PM
I think zool has it figured out

BZnDallas
04-25-2017, 09:59 PM
I voted for trade down. This obviously means having a trade partner first, so we'll assume. Then I'd take any one of Watt, T White, A Jackson, Charles H or Kevin King. With my second I take Achilles Jones, with the third I pick up I take Tim Williams/Carl Lawson (if I took a CB in 1st) or Tees Tabor/Desmond King (if Edge in first).

I think Sidney Jones is worth the gamble and we can never have too many DBs.

wist43
04-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Hate the value at top of 2nd round or hate the player?

Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage.

--------------------------------------------------------

Before I ever read that write-up, that was my opinion of him after watching some of his game tape. See him as more of a 3rd-4th rounder. Not my type of player at all; hence, I'm sure Ted loves him and will tell us what a "good football player" he is.

wist43
04-25-2017, 10:04 PM
I went with "other"...

Hoping Kevin King is there, but not sure he will be. Was kind of luke-warm on King initially, but I've warmed up to him.

Another corner I like is Chidobe Awuzie.

Since I like those guys... I'm sure TT doesn't even know they're alive.

pbmax
04-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Definitely hate the value... don't necessarily hate the player, but he simply is not athletic enough, twitchy enough, fast enough... not special at anything. Had good straight-line speed at the combine, but that doesn't translate to the field as he doesn't bend well.

This is the "Weakness" write up on him at CBSsportsline.com

WEAKNESSES: Stiff, upright rusher with mechanical movements in space. Ordinary edge acceleration and not a true speed rusher. Rounds off the edge and often over-runs the pocket, going the long way to the quarterback. Too easily slowed in congestion and doesn?t show the same power in pursuit. Predictable rush attack and lacks creativity. Stands up at times, stalling his rush. Streaky ball instincts, misreading zone reads and taking himself away from the play. Inconsistent results as an edge setter and doesn?t always play up to his measureables in this area, struggling to re-establish the line of scrimmage

At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.

Carolina_Packer
04-25-2017, 11:07 PM
If you are Ted Thompson and Reuben Foster or Gareon Conley, or another player that may slide much lower than anticipated draft position, do you pass on them as well, or choose them as BAP and keep your fingers crossed?

pbmax
04-25-2017, 11:09 PM
If you are Ted Thompson and Reuben Foster or Gareon Conley, or another player that may slide much lower than anticipated draft position, do you pass on them as well, or choose them as BAP and keep your fingers crossed?

No way on Conley. But they could have had enough time to figure out what is going on with Reuben. Packers said to still be in mix for Mixon after first round.

wist43
04-25-2017, 11:33 PM
At least in the Stanford game, I see all those weaknesses. Though I think the outside route to the QB is predetermined by his alignment and scheme. Would love to know if he was advised against a counter move in order to maintain outside leverage.

His SPARQ rating is 2nd behind Garrett and his 40 speed and all splits are insane. But his functional strength looks limited. He lifted like a LB.

Would prefer Watt, similar numbers.

I like Bowser more than both of those guys - by a wide margin.

Fritz
04-26-2017, 06:26 AM
If you're simply trying to predict who Ted will pick, then this is what you look for:

- He will only have played football for a year or two.
- He has short arms
- He tested better than he played
- He isn't a highly talented player who slid because of character concerns

Whoever that is, that's Ted's guy

Joemailman
04-26-2017, 06:43 AM
5 of TT's last 9 1st round picks have come from the Pac12.

pbmax
04-26-2017, 11:10 AM

I dunno. He looks all quickness to me. Seems small, especially against Louisville. Regardless of measurement he is quicker with his feet than Willis. I don't know how Willis got those SS and three cone numbers when he looks so straight line and lumbering.

Which of the SS or 3-cone are supposed to show quick stops and starts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--An_Dtlwak

pbmax
04-26-2017, 11:10 AM
If you're simply trying to predict who Ted will pick, then this is what you look for:

- He will only have played football for a year or two.
- He has short arms
- He tested better than he played
- He isn't a highly talented player who slid because of character concerns

Whoever that is, that's Ted's guy

That is only if its a CB.

bobblehead
04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
I recall my original pipe dream of getting Mixon in the 3rd. Now that the chic he punched has come out and done a presser with him and they have made up and she said some really nice things about him and his sincerity I believe its possible TT grabs him if he is there at 29. I would personally prefer TJ Watt. He has the holy trifecta. Motor, blood line, tools. I honestly don't recall a draft where "mock" drafts were so all over the map.

Tony Oday
04-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Barry Sanders or Deion Sanders.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2017, 02:51 PM
I think taking a player that is a 4-3 end in college and trying to make them a stand up 3-4 outside linebacker is a mistake in the first round. There are enough edge rushers from a two point stance in this draft to not have to transition a player and wait 3-4 years to see results. You take a cat like Willis, not a bad football player, he didn't blow my socks off from film but he had decent measurable athletic talent, but he seems like he would be awfully stiff in coverage and playing the run. His get off out of two point stance would be concerning as well.

I personally would rather take a Takk McKinley from UCLA who did play with his hand on the ground 60% of the time but also played as an outside and inside linebacker. that guy has great get off.

Carolina_Packer
04-26-2017, 02:58 PM
I recall my original pipe dream of getting Mixon in the 3rd. Now that the chic he punched has come out and done a presser with him and they have made up and she said some really nice things about him and his sincerity I believe its possible TT grabs him if he is there at 29. I would personally prefer TJ Watt. He has the holy trifecta. Motor, blood line, tools. I honestly don't recall a draft where "mock" drafts were so all over the map.

Last one in first round was Daryl Thompson in 1990. I don't know. They really need to fix the D. I know the draft is not just for help in the current year, but if they don't make a concerted effort to fix the D this year, that's just one more year gone with A-Rod not getting any younger. #fixtheD

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2017, 03:02 PM
I wish haasan reddick would drop that dude is a stud.

Freak Out
04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Gotta be the Taco.

bobblehead
04-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Last one in first round was Daryl Thompson in 1990. I don't know. They really need to fix the D. I know the draft is not just for help in the current year, but if they don't make a concerted effort to fix the D this year, that's just one more year gone with A-Rod not getting any younger. #fixtheD

I get that we need d. I want d. I am just saying that Mixon is probably the best all around back in the draft. He returns. He catches passes. He runs tough. If TT doesn't see a character problem going forward and a talent that should go top 10 drops to him I think he pulls the trigger.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2017, 06:38 PM
TJ Watt.

King Friday
04-26-2017, 07:16 PM

Unless you need him to win a fight or something.

King Friday
04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
I get that we need d. I want d. I am just saying that Mixon is probably the best all around back in the draft. He returns. He catches passes. He runs tough. If TT doesn't see a character problem going forward and a talent that should go top 10 drops to him I think he pulls the trigger.

I'd be happy with Mixon...GB would prob be a good spot for him too.

Brandon494
04-26-2017, 08:20 PM
I think Conley might drop to us now...do we take th risk?

Zool
04-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Barry Sanders or Deion Sanders.

Why bother when Tony Mandarich is there waiting?

BZnDallas
04-26-2017, 09:15 PM
I think Conley might drop to us now...do we take th risk?

I heard Conley could drop to the 3rd round. I'd take that chance if we haven't already rolled the dice on Sidney Jones.

BZnDallas
04-26-2017, 09:16 PM
I'd be happy with Mixon...GB would prob be a good spot for him too.

I'd prefer Mixon in the second and an Edge/CB in the first. Doubt the NFL cares what I want though.

Cheesehead Craig
04-27-2017, 08:03 AM

I just noticed that Tyus Bowser played hoops for 2 years at Houston. That athleticism means that TT is going to take him.

Tony Oday
04-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Why bother when Tony Mandarich is there waiting?

He is a franchise left tackle. Could draft him and forget about the position for a decade or more.

pbmax
04-27-2017, 10:24 AM
I just noticed that Tyus Bowser played hoops for 2 years at Houston. That athleticism means that TT is going to take him.

Second round baby!

Smidgeon
04-27-2017, 06:08 PM
I have now decided who I want at #1, not who I think TT will take:

Mixon

wist43
04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna guess that he trades back.

RashanGary
04-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Too many corners in rounds 2-5. I doubt tt will take one in round 1. I think it will be DL OL or edge.

Joemailman
04-27-2017, 10:30 PM
TT will trade down and select T.J. Watt.

I still have a shot!

Joemailman
04-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Well, now I don't.