PDA

View Full Version : Who Should TT Draft At #33?

Joemailman
04-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Who should be the 1st pick tomorrow?

Poll To Follow.

Maxie the Taxi
04-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Maybe he'll trade it away.

Joemailman
04-27-2017, 11:12 PM
Maybe he'll trade it away.

That's an option.

Joemailman
04-27-2017, 11:13 PM
I like Cunningham here. I think King will be the pick though.

smuggler
04-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Suspects would be Kevin King, Forrest Lamp, Dalvin Cook, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Tyus Bowser, Malik McDowell, Zack Cunningham

woodbuck27
04-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Jesus Christ changed water into wine.

Ted Thompson changes wine into water.

smuggler
04-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Upset about Reuben Foster, woodbuck?

Tony Oday
04-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Bo Jackson?

Bretsky
04-27-2017, 11:17 PM
TRADE DOWN; don't want the 6th best CB here or a second tier LB. The value left when Foster was drafted

or

If there is one there draft an elite RB

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2017, 06:36 AM
Jesus Christ changed water into wine.

Ted Thompson changes wine into water.

I think Reuben Foster and Jabril Peppers got into Ted's water before the combine.

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2017, 06:39 AM
I like Zach Cunningham from Vandy, but I also like Chidobe Awuzi from Colorado. It just depends on which level of the defense they think needs the biggest boost. Cunningham may be able to help create 3rd and long, but others want a CB who can help defend receivers in 3rd and long.

wist43
04-28-2017, 06:41 AM
Chidobe Awuzie, Tim Williams, Forrest Lamp, or Calvin Cook.

I'd say Cook first - if they're okay with the character issues. That's a big if though.

wist43
04-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Throw King, Cunningham, and Border into that mix... lots of good players available.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 06:53 AM
I'm not upset about the Packers not getting Foster and Peppers, and only slightly about T.J. Watt. Peppers is a bust waiting to happen, and Foster is an injury risk as well as possibly overrated, coming from such an overall great defense. I've never been part of the "in Ted we trust" crowd, but I think he is doing all right so far in this draft by what he has not done.

We need to get a top flight edge rusher and a top quality cover Corner with our two second round picks. Ted had better not stray from this. I picked Jordan Willis in the poll. Both Cunningham and Bowser - the two primary alternatives IMO - are, if you can believe the stats given, both undersized and not very fast. The Corner I have my eye on is Rasul Douglas, who is not in the poll, and may still be available with our late Second Round pick.

Trading down wouldn't be too bad either, given the probable offers we might get before tonight as well as having some of the people who seem best suited for the Packers to draft being rated a little lower than where we are picking.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 07:26 AM
I'm not upset about the Packers not getting Foster and Peppers, and only slightly about T.J. Watt. Peppers is a bust waiting to happen, and Foster is an injury risk as well as possibly overrated, coming from such an overall great defense. I've never been part of the "in Ted we trust" crowd, but I think he is doing all right so far in this draft by what he has not done.

We need to get a top flight edge rusher and a top quality cover Corner with our two second round picks. Ted had better not stray from this. I picked Jordan Willis in the poll. Both Cunningham and Bowser - the two primary alternatives IMO - are, if you can believe the stats given, both undersized and not very fast. The Corner I have my eye on is Rasul Douglas, who is not in the poll, and may still be available with our late Second Round pick.

Trading down wouldn't be too bad either, given the probable offers we might get before tonight as well as having some of the people who seem best suited for the Packers to draft being rated a little lower than where we are picking.

Me either Tex; I really wanted Watt and it's no surprise Pitt jumped at him cause IMO he's a step up from what's left.

With that being said, I'm fine with the 6th best CB, the top OG, an ILB who is better than the much we have now, a RB, or a second tier edge rusher.

Ted needs to get a serious offer to trade out of this IMO or we should take the pick

I don't want a 5th round draft pick or lower to move out of this pick

He's not good at fleecing other teams on draft day deals but on this one he needs to fleece somebody or take his BPA

jklowan
04-28-2017, 07:50 AM
The more I mull this over the more I think he trades down again and picks from these players

Obi Melifonwu, Budda Baker, Quincy Wilson, Kevin King, forrest Lamp or Joe Mixon

How pissed will this board be if he goes guard/rb with the two picks?

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 07:56 AM
I'm betting TT does some deals (yes, plural) and walks away from the 2nd Rnd with King or Awuzie and Kamara or Mixon. He'll draft an OG and a DL with the extra picks he gets from the deals. Our pass rush guy at this point might end up being Derek Rivers, who is pretty darn good.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:05 AM
Upset about Reuben Foster, woodbuck?

I am now and finally no longer emotionally invested in our Ted Thompson Draft.

Ted is simply into his own world. That world is nothing like the world that the Draft Analysts make available for us.

mission
04-28-2017, 08:06 AM
I think he'll take Lamp, but I really want Mixon.

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Suspects would be Kevin King, Forrest Lamp, Dalvin Cook, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Tyus Bowser, Malik McDowell, Zack Cunningham

So the whole poll then?

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2017, 08:15 AM
He's trading down, then he's going to take Bowser.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:15 AM
I'm betting TT does some deals (yes, plural) and walks away from the 2nd Rnd with King or Awuzie and Kamara or Mixon. He'll draft an OG and a DL with the extra picks he gets from the deals. Our pass rush guy at this point might end up being Derek Rivers, who is pretty darn good.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/derek-rivers?id=2558040

DE ... DEREK RIVERS YOUNGSTOWN ST. MISSOURI VALLEY ......Draft Grade @ 5.55.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:21 AM
He's trading down, then he's going to take Bowser.

OLB ...TYUS BOWSER ...HOUSTON AAC .... Draft Grade @ 5.86

Zool
04-28-2017, 08:26 AM

Ted is simply into his own world. That world is nothing like the world that the Draft Analysts make available for us.

I wish we had a guy that would trade up 1 spot to draft a bust QB. He could even give up 2 3rd round picks and a 4th. THAT would be awesome.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Chidobe Awuzie, Tim Williams, Forrest Lamp, or Calvin Cook.

I'd say Cook first - if they're okay with the character issues. That's a big if though.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-cook?id=2557991

RB....DALVIN COOK ....FLORIDA ST. ACC .... Draft Grade is a High 6.28

Big character concerns with Cook. This isn't Ted's guy.

Neither is this Ted's Guy:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/joe-mixon?id=2557976

RB..JOE MIXON....OKLAHOMA BIG 12 Draft Grade @ 6.05

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:35 AM
I wish we had a guy that would trade up 1 spot to draft a bust QB. He could even give up 2 3rd round picks and a 4th. THAT would be awesome.

and your point with this post is?

I did NOT criticize Ted's decision to trade down.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 09:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-cook?id=2557991

RB....DALVIN COOK ....FLORIDA ST. ACC .... Draft Grade is a High 6.28

Big character concerns with Cook. This isn't Ted's guy.

Neither is this Ted's Guy:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/joe-mixon?id=2557976

RB..JOE MIXON....OKLAHOMA BIG 12 Draft Grade @ 6.05Neither is Tim Williams Ted's guy. I think our next RB's first name rhymes with Dalvin.:glug:

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 09:03 AM
OLB ...TYUS BOWSER ...HOUSTON AAC .... Draft Grade @ 5.86I like Bowser. If you watch his video tape, you're impressed with his speed, athleticism, strength and wingspan. I just don't know if TT can get Bowser and Kamara and King/Awusie.

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 09:18 AM
I'd like a trade down then draft Bowser/King/Rivers. Then Mixon/Awuzi/Wilson at 61.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 09:26 AM
I'd like a trade down then draft Bowser/King/Rivers. Then Mixon/Awuzi/Wilson at 61.Either way we're gonna get a couple of quality players.

George Cumby
04-28-2017, 09:28 AM

How will Ted sleep at night knowing this?

Teds not the only one.

George Cumby
04-28-2017, 09:29 AM
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 10:10 AM
There are about 3 or 4 corners still available with a second grade without reaching. I agree with McGinn that there simply not enough depth at the position to sustain any kind of legitimate pass defense in 2017.

RashanGary
04-28-2017, 10:14 AM
I think Joe Mixon is the best player left in the draft. He has one incidence. He punched a woman in the face when he was 18. I punched my sister in the face when I was 14, she was bigger than me at the time and 15. But regardless, I kept punching her and damn near killed her. I didn't know my strength. He was 18, felt rejected and hurt, she came at him and he dropped her.

I don't see a bad person. I see a fragile person who didn't know how to be responsible for that strong body of his just yet. Everyone is going to regret passing on him. Punching a woman in the face at 18 isn't that bad. If he kept having incidents, that would be bad, but he didn't. He's good. He learned.

Brandon494
04-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Trade down again and pick up another 4th

gbgary
04-28-2017, 10:35 AM
ted was all about "meat" in his presser so that just leaves Malik McDowell.

there's no figuring ted. give up.

Brandon494
04-28-2017, 10:36 AM
I'd like a trade down then draft Bowser/King/Rivers. Then Mixon/Awuzi/Wilson at 61.

I agree except for using a 2nd rounder on a HB....want defense with both picks.

red
04-28-2017, 10:37 AM

my guess is mixon goes with one of the first few picks tonight

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Mixon, Kamara, even Cook...not a lot of difference to worry about. They are basically part of a committee back there with Monty anyway. My wife's a die-hard Florida State fan, so I've seen a lot of Cook. I don't understand his combine numbers. The guy is money...at least on the field. He's quick and can break tackles. Whether he's fast enough to win the edge in the NFL? I don't know. I do know that if I was TT I'd have a hard time passing him up.

That said, Kamara's the safe choice and the Pack seems to like "safe."

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2017, 10:40 AM
I would bet my shirt that TT trades down again with the first pick, maybe 5 spots, and then maybe even trades-up from the second pick to ~15 in the second round.

He takes a pass rusher and a CB. I think he will get Mixon in the third.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
ted was all about "meat" in his presser so that just leaves Malik McDowell.

there's no figuring ted. give up.McDowell would look good in Green and Gold.

One thing for sure, if TT screws this up, given the position he's in right now, he ought to retire ASAP. LOL

Freak Out
04-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Take Mixon if he is there.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Take Mixon if he is there.

the 33rd pick is the first pick of the second round. Where the fuck else would he be?

gbgary
04-28-2017, 11:06 AM
McDowell would look good in Green and Gold.

One thing for sure, if TT screws this up, given the position he's in right now, he ought to retire ASAP. LOL

true...if that was a need. it would be a great signing.
let's start a list of who was drafted between 29 and wherever our first pick ends up at...

29. Cleveland Browns: David Njoku, TE, Miami
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
31. San Francisco 49ers: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
32. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

Smidgeon
04-28-2017, 11:14 AM
So...a QB anyone?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/28/report-deshone-kizer-in-play-for-packers-at-no-33/

Normally, I'd say this is an obvious smokescreen to drum up a trade. But time and time again, don't we hear that the Packers under TT don't play that game? I'm still erring on the side of smokescreen though....

But it isn't unprecedented to grab a player at a position GB doesn't need (at all) because they anticipate his value to be significantly higher than anyone else (and even than the position he's being picked at). But I'm still having a really hard time buying that GB is considering a QB at 33 considering the other needs/available players.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2017, 11:14 AM
the 33rd pick is the first pick of the second round. Where the fuck else would he be?

LOL

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2017, 11:16 AM
let's start a list of who was drafted between 29 and wherever our first pick ends up at...

32. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

Keep a separate list of all the players that are available with the first pick of the 4th round.

yetisnowman
04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Cunningham or Cook.

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 11:30 AM
I agree except for using a 2nd rounder on a HB....want defense with both picks.

I can't argue against you. Think that's what I prefer too. But Mixon is a talent GB hasn't seen at RB in quite some time. He'd make tight windows for Aaron not as tight. Would help immensely. Still lots of DBs hanging around.

Freak Out
04-28-2017, 11:38 AM

Ha ha.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 11:45 AM

32. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, WisconsinWell, I'm thinking he might be a need...if he can generate a push up the middle we don't have now. That would free up our ILB's and help out outside pass rushers. Which would give some relief to our CB's. A might big "if" there. LOL

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 11:46 AM
The Packers have enough talent on offense to win a Super Bowl. What they don't have is a pass defense, and their run defense ain't real spectacular either. So the Packers can go a head and draft a running back or an offensive lineman because those are also needs, but a 4th round corner isn't going to be any better than what the packers already have. The Packers could get a decent running back in the 3rd round and even the 4th round that could significantly contribute to the offense. It isn't the sexy pick going with a corner when you can take Cook or Mixon, but no corner left has the baggage of Mixon or Cook.

Fritz
04-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Please god no Malik McDowell. Please please please no. He would make Jerel Worthy look like a great pick in comparison.

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 11:49 AM
The Packers have enough talent on offense to win a Super Bowl. What they don't have is a pass defense, and their run defense ain't real spectacular either. So the Packers can go a head and draft a running back or an offensive lineman because those are also needs, but a 4th round corner isn't going to be any better than what the packers already have. The Packers could get a decent running back in the 3rd round and even the 4th round that could significantly contribute to the offense. It isn't the sexy pick going with a corner when you can take Cook or Mixon, but no corner left has the baggage of Mixon or Cook.

All off season I've heard what a huge hole Lacy left. Geez will y'all get your shit straight please?

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Sorry Deputy. Idk if you were one of them. And i agree with needing defense. I'm just saying, making things easier for Aaron is a good, not a bad.

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Please god no Malik McDowell. Please please please no. He would make Jerel Worthy look like a great pick in comparison.

Have the same hesitation.

Fritz
04-28-2017, 12:05 PM
McDowell would look good in Green and Gold.

If TT drafts McDowell, he will have screwed this up.

beveaux1
04-28-2017, 12:14 PM
This is prime trade position. If he's offered the chance to trade down 4 or 5 spots and pick up another 4th, he'll do it. I don't believe Mixon or Cooks will be drafted by the Packers. I can't see them even being on their board regardless of the fact that Mixon had a visit with us. I'd also be surprised if the pick was Lamp. Evans signing takes him out of consideration. Wouldn't be surprised to see King or Wilson taken first and a player like Riley or Biegel taken later in the draft.

Cunningham will not be chosen. We're not taking an ILB and he's too small to play edge.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 12:15 PM
if mixon goes tt should think about that other okla running back later. he's a big banger and that's something we don't have. the dude is the all-time okla rushing leader. now think about all the historic rushers they've had over the last 50 years.

Keep a separate list of all the players that are available with the first pick of the 4th round.

nah. a list of rookie back-ups isn't interesting.

MadScientist
04-28-2017, 12:20 PM
This is prime trade position. If he's offered the chance to trade down 4 or 5 spots and pick up another 4th, he'll do it. I don't believe Mixon or Cooks will be drafted by the Packers. I can't see them even being on their board regardless of the fact that Mixon had a visit with us. I'd also be surprised if the pick was Lamp. Evans signing takes him out of consideration. Wouldn't be surprised to see King or Wilson taken first and a player like Riley or Biegel taken later in the draft.

Cunningham will not be chosen. We're not taking an ILB and he's too small to play edge.

Cook will be a bust - injuries, fumbles, and not good at blitz pickup. Mixon will get in trouble again (the parking attendant thing suggests he has too little control).

King or Awuzie.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Nutz's 2nd round prospects for the Green Bay Packers.
1. Chidobe Awuzi - CB - Colorado - He can provide help in the secondary at an position. He can play all over the field and is one of the most fluid defensive backs left in the draft. He has profiecent in every category but not a master in any at this point.

2. Kevin King - CB - Washington - he has the size and numbers that make scouts fall in love with him but he has very average film. He is a bigger boom bust pick than Awuzi and Wilson. He has the size to theoretically match up with taller receivers but plays soft in the run game.

3. Quincy Wilson - CB - Florida - has really good size and confidence in his abilities which you want in an outside corner. His forty time is a bit slower but he plays faster than his straight line speed would indicate. He might be a grabber at the next level with his physical play that he got away with in college.

4. Fabian Moreau - CB - UCLA - Thick build and has the height to compete at the next level. He has the speed to run with anyone in the NFL but has a tendency to play soft coverage and not attack receivers.

5. Zach Cunningham - LB - Vanderbilt - Consistent tackler in the middle. I wouldn't expect him to move outside and may not be a fit for a 3-4 linebacker where gap responsibility is key. He is better when he is let loose to make plays all over the field. He is a heck of a football player and as much as I would like to see a guy with his grit and attitude he might not be a prototypical ILB in a 3-4.

6. Tim Williams - LB - Alabama - Might be the most natural pass rusher in this draft but off the field problems make it unlikely for Green Bay to draft him. He has great burst off the snap and uses his speed and athleticism to get to the quarterback.

7. Tyus Bowser - OLB - Houston - good athlete that can rush the passer from the edge. He is a bit stiff in coverage but that sort of expected. He needs to get better with his hands and develop more skill as a pass rusher rather than just trying to beat blockers with speed and athleticism. The physical traits are there and he has the world at his finger tips but he is not a complete product and he will need development to be a legitimate pass rusher in the NFL.

8. Ahkello Witherspoon -CB - Colorado - This dude has more than prototypical size for a cornerback. He has the combine numbers and the size to play on the outside and to fight for the 50/50 balls. Really good athlete but needs skill building. Might not come in right away and earn a starting job which the Packers desperately need. He is way more than a project, but maybe less than starting material in 2017

beveaux1
04-28-2017, 12:25 PM
if mixon goes tt should think about that other okla running back later. he's a big banger and that's something we don't have. the dude is the all-time okla rushing leader. now think about all the historic rushers they've had over the last 50 years.
nah. a list of rookie back-ups isn't interesting.

Perrine was the better running back at Oklahoma throughout his career there. Mixon was the 2nd choice. That being said, Perrine doesn't have Mixon's speed or pass catching abilities. He's a bruising, between the tackles runner without breakaway speed. He's Eddie Lacy, but slightly slower. He'll also be available in the 3rd or 4th round.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Sorry Deputy. Idk if you were one of them. And i agree with needing defense. I'm just saying, making things easier for Aaron is a good, not a bad.

It wasn't me, but I also thinking having a sketchy cabinet with Starks and Lacy as your only running backs came back to haunt the Packers. Luckily Monty stepped up for them. The Packers are a team that wants to pass the ball 65% of the time. If you don't really invest in the running game what is the point in taking a running back high in the draft when you have so many holes on defense? At this point taking Cook or Mixon is a luxury the Packers don't have.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 12:33 PM
Perrine was the better running back at Oklahoma throughout his career there. Mixon was the 2nd choice. That being said, Perrine doesn't have Mixon's speed or pass catching abilities. He's a bruising, between the tackles runner without breakaway speed. He's Eddie Lacy, but slightly slower. He'll also be available in the 3rd or 4th round.

exactly. he rushed for more yards than adrian peterson so he must have something. but as i said...we don't have that banger guy on the roster. there might be others out there...it was just a thought.

beveaux1
04-28-2017, 12:38 PM
exactly. he rushed for more yards than adrian peterson so he must have something. but as i said...we don't have that banger guy on the roster. there might be others out there...it was just a thought.

I've been thinking he would be a "more likely" pick for the Packers than Mixon. Wouldn't surprise me if we drafted him.

BZnDallas
04-28-2017, 12:44 PM
It wasn't me, but I also thinking having a sketchy cabinet with Starks and Lacy as your only running backs came back to haunt the Packers. Luckily Monty stepped up for them. The Packers are a team that wants to pass the ball 65% of the time. If you don't really invest in the running game what is the point in taking a running back high in the draft when you have so many holes on defense? At this point taking Cook or Mixon is a luxury the Packers don't have.

True. And with all of that Eddie Lacy won OROY. There are plenty of touches to give to a talented back.

beveaux1
04-28-2017, 01:11 PM
There's a lot of talk about drafting best available player or position of need with our pick and, although I have no first hand knowledge of how a board would be prepared, I have a guess as to what goes into it.

My guess is that a player is given a number based on measurables and game film. He ends up with a number similar to the numbers shown on NFL.com. We'll say it's a 6.5 which is an excellent prospect. That number is then adjusted by the position that he plays, off field issues. and the positional need of the team.

In my example, that player is a QB who has not shown any off-field character issues. The 6.5 would be adjusted up 0.75 because he is a QB, no demerits for character, but because this is a position of strength for the team, he might be dropped 0.25 points, giving him a total score of 7.0.

If the player is a CB, the 6.5 would be adjusted upward by 0.5 points because of the overvalued CB position, no demerits for character, but because it is a position of need, it might be raised an additional 0.25 points, giving him a total score of 7.25

If the player is a RB with character issues, the 6.5 would get no increase because RB is not overvalued, he would receive a drop of 1 point for character issues, and because it is a position of need it would increase an additional 0.25 points, giving him a total score of 5.75.

The team would then place their board accordingly and would be able to say that they definitively chose the best player available. This is also the reason that "experts" are so often wrong about which prospect is drafted where. Each team puts more or less stock into character when giving a grade, and each teams' position of need is different. Some teams run a 4-3 which would overvalue a MLB and some run a 3-4 which has less pressing need for the ILB.

Based upon what I've seen in the past 8 or 9 years, ILB, G, and RB don't hold the same value for this team as T, CB, DL, WR, and OLB. QB is the most valuable position for all teams. I think this flavors the drafts and results in many more value position picks.

red
04-28-2017, 02:50 PM
sidney jones might also be in play in the second round

maybe the best cb in the draft, and on pace for a september return

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 02:57 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Perine taken in the 3rd or with the 1st pick in the 4th if we still have it and he's available. Eddie Lacy ran a 4.64 40 when he was in shape at the combine and Perine ran a 4.65 so he's not terribly slow. The guy is a bruiser and he looks pretty natural catching the ball even though he didn't do a lot of it. Eddie had good feet but Perine just looks quicker and more fluid than Eddie on his tape. Maybe I just got used to watching Phat Eddie lumbering down the field and running out of breath.

Try to block out the terrible music added to Perine's highlight video.

https://youtu.be/0-hxd55alKE

red
04-28-2017, 02:59 PM

exactly

a featured back is just a waste in fat mikes system. he has always talked about running the ball more, but it never happens

if we had laveon bell, we would still throw the ball twice as much as we run it. its just who we are

i said around a year ago, that i have no doubt eddy lacy will go to a team that will just keep feeding him the ball, and he'll put up massive numbers after leaving green bay

bobblehead
04-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Put me down for this: Ted trades back again--5-7 spots. He then uses some of his gains to trade UP with our own 2nd. he gets 2 guys we all go " huh? " about.

Fritz
04-28-2017, 03:11 PM
exactly

a featured back is just a waste in fat mikes system. he has always talked about running the ball more, but it never happens

if we had laveon bell, we would still throw the ball twice as much as we run it. its just who we are

i said around a year ago, that i have no doubt eddy lacy will go to a team that will just keep feeding him, and he'll put on massive weight after leaving green bay

FIFY

George Cumby
04-28-2017, 03:19 PM
exactly

i said around a year ago, that i have no doubt eddy lacy will go to a team that will just keep feeding him the ball, and he'll put up massive numbers after leaving green bay

If you mean his tab at Taco Bell, you're right.

George Cumby
04-28-2017, 03:20 PM
how many heads are going to explode when he drafts Robinson?

gbgary
04-28-2017, 04:45 PM
how many heads are going to explode when he drafts Robinson?

:-)

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Put me down for this: Ted trades back again--5-7 spots. He then uses some of his gains to trade UP with our own 2nd. he gets 2 guys we all go " huh? " about.

I also believe that TT will trade down again. He doesn't have 'the Stuff' to use that pick.

TT likes lots of play dough. :-)

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Mixon, Kamara, even Cook...not a lot of difference to worry about. They are basically part of a committee back there with Monty anyway. My wife's a die-hard Florida State fan, so I've seen a lot of Cook. I don't understand his combine numbers. The guy is money...at least on the field. He's quick and can break tackles. Whether he's fast enough to win the edge in the NFL? I don't know. I do know that if I was TT I'd have a hard time passing him up.

That said, Kamara's the safe choice and the Pack seems to like "safe."

I have made up my mind. I want the guy that TT will pass on and he covers a huge need.:

RANK 2 (after day 1 of the Draft)

Dalvin Cook - RB ... Original rank: 25 | School: Florida State | Year: Junior.

Became Seminoles' all-time leading rusher in yards (4,464) and touchdowns (46) in just three seasons.

Exceptional vision as a runner, a trait Bill Parcells believes is the most important for a running back. Has strength and is tough. Plays fast. Good but not great hands, and some questions linger about his pass-protection skills.

Has had some off-field problems in past, but seems like a good kid when you meet him. Has had three shoulder surgeries since high school.

Dalvin Cook has too much talent to pass up here.

pbmax
04-28-2017, 05:14 PM
RB is not a huge need.

pbmax
04-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 31m31 minutes ago
So @AdamSchefter reports Chargers, Jets, Bucs calling about No. 33. @RobDemovsky says #Packers debating CB King vs. RB Cook. What do you do?

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 47m47 minutes ago
Cornerback Kevin King or running back Dalvin Cook. That's who the Packers are debating if they don't trade the... https://t.co/8gU7Va2nwL

Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 4h4 hours ago
DeShone Kizer to Packers makes more sense as trade talk than pick https://t.co/HygzL5KepM

Jersey Al - GBP‏ @JerseyAlGBP 5m5 minutes ago
If the Packers take Dalvin Cook, it confirms my theory they plan to win SB in 2017 by being the highest scoring offense in NFL history.

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Regarding RB I'm really starting to hope we get a shot at Perine in the late 3rd or with that 1st pick in the 4th.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 05:22 PM
RB is not a huge need.

Yea sure and the Packers have so much there....a WR conversion.

I want then ...a huge RB. I want Dalvin Cook. He's ready to go. TT may feel he is too much risk.

If so TT may pick a CB and later try to land this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/alvin-kamara?id=2558019

RB ... ALVIN KAMARA ... TENNESSEE ... SEC

smuggler
04-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Hmm, well I guess I can't argue with the pick.

wist43
04-28-2017, 06:33 PM
6 of us got it right... did we win something?? :)

pbmax
04-28-2017, 06:35 PM

Eternal gratitude?

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:20 PM

You 6 are responsible for his actions.

Joemailman
04-26-2018, 04:36 PM
7 people got their wish with Kevin King. I wanted Zach Cunningham, but predicted it would be King.

pbmax
04-26-2018, 06:07 PM
Did K-town just come back for the poll?