PDA

View Full Version : Official 2017 2nd Round Of The NFL Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Smidgeon
04-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Does TT trade or stay and pick?

If he stays, offense or defense?

I think he picks and picks D. Which of course means he trades down and picks O.

Fritz
04-28-2017, 12:04 PM
I hope he trades down, but not too far. If he could somehow trade down and grab another third and not go too far down in the second to do it, that'd be great.

I don't know these guys you all speak of, for I don't follow the college kids and draft or scouting reports any more. But I do have two definite opinions based on more local guys: Malik McDowell is poison - I hope to god TT doesn't draft him. And, secondly, I think Michigan's Jordan Lewis is a superb cover corner. I don't know when he's projected to go, but if he could end up in GB I think they'd have a real player on their hands. He can cover people. Teams would throw at Peppers all the time - but not at Lewis.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Taking Mixon or Cook is a luxury Thompson doesn't have due to the holes he has on defense. The Packers needs a #1 corner in this draft and there are players that have the potential to be that guy at the next level. Thompson can't get out of this round without locking up one of those corners.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 01:45 PM
bet he trades down again.

Deputy Nutz
04-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Ted Thampon is certainly trying his hardest to get out of that 33rd pick. Even threatening to take Kizer. I am going to have smile on my face if he is forced to eat a dick on this one

red
04-28-2017, 02:31 PM
i think TT pretty much told the rest of the NFL to make him an offer last night, literally

in my mind theres about a 95% chance that we trade down again

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2017, 02:47 PM
i think TT pretty much told the rest of the NFL to make him an offer last night, literally

in my mind theres about a 95% chance that we trade down again

I get that feeling too. It's not a bad place to be if you are the Packers. If there is player on their big board that fits the number 33 pick, make it. If not and there are several remaining players of similar grade, trade back, but don't do it if you risk losing them all. You don't want to trade back so far that you miss out on the elite guys for simply more players who might turn out to be mediocre, but hey, we got a bunch of them!

bobblehead
04-28-2017, 03:10 PM
I said it in the other thread: He trades back, then uses some of the extra picks to trade our own 2nd UP. He gets 2 guys in first 15 picks today.

George Cumby
04-28-2017, 03:24 PM
I said it in the other thread: He trades back, then uses some of the extra picks to trade our own 2nd UP. He gets 2 guys in first 15 picks today.

Sounds good to me.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
He should trade up and snatch a first rounder.

pbmax
04-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 24m24 minutes ago
Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers amongst the teams calling Packers, interesting in trading up for top pick in second round, per source.

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Man I can't wait to get this party started. So ready for SOMETHING to happen!

QBME
04-28-2017, 05:27 PM
I get the feeling this is TT's make or break draft. He need's to hit a couple, three solid selections in rounds 2 and 3. Clean up with at least one in 4 - 7, and maybe bank a couple of 3 - 4 rounders for next year.

Tick, tick, tick...

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 05:34 PM
My wishlist:

#33 Zach Cunningham
#61 Fabian Moreau
#93 Nico Siragusa

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 05:39 PM
From NFL.com:

Green Bay Packers
Draft picks: None
Day 1 grade: A
The skinny: The Browns presented excellent value in a trade out of the first round, so the Packers took it. They received the top pick of the second round, along with the top pick of the fourth round. That's two premium picks -- and they should get great trade offers for the second-rounder.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 05:40 PM
He should trade up and snatch a first rounder.

Go back to discussing The Wall with Tex.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 05:45 PM
My wishlist:

#33 Zach Cunningham
#61 Fabian Moreau
#93 Nico Siragusa

I didn't know much about Cunningham, so I googled him, and he supposedly only weighs 212 pounds and runs a 4.67 forty. Don't those things concern you? I tend to prefer Willis who is an inch taller, 40 pounds heavier, runs a 4.53 forty, and comes from a better college program.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 05:53 PM
I didn't know much about Cunningham, so I googled him, and he supposedly only weighs 212 pounds and runs a 4.67 forty. Don't those things concern you? I tend to prefer Willis who is an inch taller, 40 pounds heavier, runs a 4.53 forty, and comes from a better college program.

Cunningham's 40 time is right, but his listed weight is 234. I'd be okay with Willis. I like Cunningham because he can play either inside or outside.

red
04-28-2017, 05:59 PM
still no trade

where the fuck is the trade TT?

smuggler
04-28-2017, 06:02 PM
234 is okay for a speed ILB. I think we could get him at 36 or so, I would be stoked for a trade back and still getting Cunningham

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Tyus Bowser
Demarcus Walker
Zay Jones
Kevin King
Chris Godwin
Chris Wormley
Jordan Willis

I think one of these becomes a Packer tonight.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 06:04 PM
bet he trades down again.

Agree.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:05 PM
I think TT's failing from 2yrs ago means he has to draft Kevin King

He trades down and Seattle grabs him; while I don't love him he's above the rest.

With TT letting the last two top tier LB's go by him I think he goes King.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2017, 06:07 PM
I think TT's failing from 2yrs ago means he has to draft Kevin King

Stupid. Randall was all-rookie and went through injuries last year. Too early to write him off. If he turns into a solid starter (like I think he will), it will have been a good pick.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:09 PM
CHAD REUTER thought there was a 70 percent chance TTT trades down

red
04-28-2017, 06:09 PM
LOOK THAT THAT ENERGETIC WAR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you would think they weren't picking till tomorrow the way they're acting, not on the clock

jklowan
04-28-2017, 06:10 PM
wtf mortenson...

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 06:12 PM
What will TT do?

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 06:12 PM
God doesn't even know???

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Talk about organization.

The Packers don't have it !

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 06:14 PM
TT was talking with Capers.....it's defense i bet

red
04-28-2017, 06:14 PM
looks like we're picking

red
04-28-2017, 06:15 PM
ted looks like a senile old man in an old folks home

woodbuck27
TT thinking....

Please ...please...please someone....please call me.

jklowan
where's the link to the packer war room

red
04-28-2017, 06:16 PM
announce the fucking pick

woodbuck27
Pathetic.

Bretsky
Stupid. Randall was all-rookie and went through injuries last year. Too early to write him off. If he turns into a solid starter (like I think he will), it will have been a good pick.

Yup, sure injured all year. I hope you are right. I see a bunch of #3-#5 CB's on our roster and when you use round one AND round two on CB's that is not acceptable to me.

red
where's the link to the packer war room

they keep showing it on NFLN

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:17 PM
They had to; best guy there for him

red
kevin king

least shocking pick ever lol

6'3, man that height with his speed is gonna be nice

pittstang5
Kevin King....ok with that pick

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Well ...a logical pick.

Bretsky
JAGS traded with Seattle; wonder what they got ??

texaspackerbacker
Kevin King ........ I can live with that. Hopefully they got it right this time.

red
04-28-2017, 06:19 PM
i think they make that pick to prevent seattle from taking him. would have been nice to trade back, but i think seattle grabs him

and now seattle trades out. they wanted him

smart stay and pick

Joemailman
Kevin King - CB - Washington

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Rare height for the position. Solid job of restricting catch window on routes outside the numbers. Shoves receivers toward boundary and drifts into their running lane to decrease catch opportunity. Length creates challenge for receivers used to winning at the high point. Instinctive with good feel for finding football. Allowed just one touchdown over last 101 targets. Six career interceptions with hands to make the circus pick. Patient from press coverage. Quick to turn and locate once his back is to the quarterback. Saw increase in pass breakups in senior season. Willing to get physical with blocking receivers when it comes time to disengage and make a tackle. Has played all four spots in secondary and slot corner as well.

WEAKNESSES Timed speed and play speed are both concerns. Sluggish feet in press allow quick-releasers to shoot past him. Unable to find necessary acceleration for functional makeup speed. Hands are flimsy in his jams. Could use more upper body strength. High center of gravity makes sudden change of direction a challenge. NFL ball production could be a concern. Takes path to his man over paths to the ball. Lacks desired twitch for NFL transitioning to the throws. Takes too long from bail technique and backpedal to plant and burst on the ball. Ankle biter willing to engage in too many arm tackles and blind shoulder rolls.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "I'm not 100 percent sure what you do with him because he's not a physical tackler, but he's almost too tall to be trusted against shifty receivers. Maybe a team like Seattle, which love those long, press corners. Or you might see a team try and make him a free safety." -- West Coast regional scout for AFC team

NFL COMPARISON Damian Swann

BOTTOM LINE Unusually tall cornerback with experience playing in the slot and as a starting safety. Showed improved instincts and ball production in 2016, but there are still concerns about whether he has the athleticism and recovery speed to utilize his length to play the football. Might be best suited to more zone coverage or off-man based on his speed limitations, but in either scheme he'll need to improve his aggressiveness as a tackler.

gbgary
so the Packers are on the clock and they p i i i i i i c k...kevin king.

pbmax
I dunno about that pick. His film isn't impressive.

Whitt has worked miracles with less though. Like this much better than RB.

Bretsky
Listing to Chad Reuter Seattle wanted Kevin King...a local product. If GB trades out he was going there

Cheesehead Craig
i think they make that pick to prevent seattle from taking him. would have been nice to trade back, but i think seattle grabs him

and now seattle trades out. they wanted him

smart stay and pick

Winner winner. Very good pick.

red
3 cb's drafted in the first 3 rounds over the last 3 seasons

you would think we can hit on at least one

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Cam Robinson and Lamp still out there; great picks for somebody here

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 06:23 PM
For some reason I feel about as uninspired with this pick as I did with the Clark pick last year. Oh well, hope it works out because Ted's history of high D picks has been less than stellar so far.

Brandon494
04-28-2017, 06:24 PM
I dunno about that pick. His film isn't impressive.

Whitt has worked miracles with less though. Like this much better than RB.

Would have been pissed if we didn't go defense there.

pbmax
04-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Would have been pissed if we didn't go defense there.

I kinda wanted Kizer just to see the State tear itself limb from limb. :D

Cheesehead Craig
04-28-2017, 06:29 PM
So TT gets the guy he wanted all along and got the 4.1 pick as well. That's solid.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:30 PM
Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Outstanding, proportional frame with combination of thickness and athleticism. Fires into his target with a forceful pop generating early power and push. Can uproot defender and turn him out of hole as a drive blocker. Able to respond to power with power. Can work seamlessly from block to block in combos. Works and climbs to second level with controlled, stalking footwork. Has initial quickness to pull and land on defenders in space. Athletic enough to slide over and catch inside challenges. Usually works feet into position pre-contact in run game. Good length and gets adequate extension in his punch. Kick slide generally balanced and gains necessary ground to the edge. Has feet necessary to mirror edge speed and flatten them over rush arc. Glass-eater who fights hard to the whistle.

WEAKNESSES Balance issues a concern. Struggles with active, high-motor defenders. At times he ducks head into his run blocks, losing sight of a moving target. Narrow in-line power base due to lack of bend and excessive leaning. Weight creeps too far past his feet in both run and pass blocks. Inconsistent sustaining his block. On the ground substantially more than a tackle should be. Has to learn to run his feet under him at contact. Can improve as move blocker with better angles. Feet go dead when punching from shallow pass set. Gets caught punching from balls of his feet and without much bend allowing speed-to-power rushers to heat him up. Questionable instincts. On twists, dives down with defensive ends and will miss loopers around edge.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

NFL COMPARISON Ereck Flowers

BOTTOM LINE Five-star recruit and three-year starter at left tackle who is a road grader with impressive power at the point of attack and enough athleticism to function in diverse run schemes. Robinson has tape galore against SEC edge talent either playing in the NFL or who soon will be. The tape shows a player with the traits and physical ability to be a good NFL tackle, but his balance issues and inconsistencies as a pass protector are a concern. Robinson is a candidate to be overdrafted due to the position he plays and his size, but buyer beware as some of his deficiencies might not be easily correctable.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:30 PM
NICE TRADE JUST MADE BY DA BEARS

Smidgeon
04-28-2017, 06:32 PM
kevin king

least shocking pick ever lol

6'3, man that height with his speed is gonna be nice

Brian Bulaga would like a word with you.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:32 PM
AZ gave up a lot to get there; you'd think it's for a QB or the stud OG

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Slippery and long. Combination of arm length and flexible torso allow him to slither into gaps and create disruptions for blockers. Freaky combination of size and athleticism. Can overwhelm blockers with pure strength and explosiveness when his feet are right. Strong enough in lower half to play through contact and cause stress in the pocket. Has tremendous amount of untapped potential waiting to be unlocked. Quick, strong hands in pass rush. Able to attack the edge with club-and-swim pet move. Can crank up a pocket-caving bull rush. Can redirect his weight and maintain pursuit of scrambling mobile quarterbacks. Long frame and play speed can close out perimeter runs and foil them before corner is turned. Elite playmaking radius. Explosive lateral movement and quickness. Can bound from one gap to the next in Sparty's slanting defensive front. Will be extremely difficult to cross face as he learns the position. Has experience up and down the defensive line.

WEAKNESSES Footwork and technique are a mess. Plays with inconsistent base width and overall balance. Struggles to keep feet clean and ends up on the ground. Lines up in narrow, three-point stance from interior and struggles to fight back against down blocks and double teams. Can be washed out of his gap too often. High center of gravity made interior work a challenge at times. Can bend, but lets high pad level get the best of him. Doesn't consistently utilize his length with first hands. Has to become better at controlling the point of attack with his natural attributes. Needs to punch and control rather than leaning on blockers. Production doesn't match up with the traits and the talent. Scouts concerned about work ethic and leadership.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "He has a chance to be a dominant player in our league. I mean dominant. It hasn't turned on for him all the way yet but if it does, he could be like Mario Williams. He's just a little lazy and I worry about whether he is going to be a self-starter." -- NFC North area scout

NFL COMPARISON Ezekiel Ansah

BOTTOM LINE Has similar physical traits and abilities of Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner, but may not share their football character. McDowell lacked production along the interior and could benefit from a move to a defensive end spot in a 4-3 or 3-4 front. McDowell is raw, but when he flashes, it can be blinding. McDowell is an explosive, ascending prospect with All-Pro potential if he grows into his body and takes the necessary coaching.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:34 PM
Malik McDowell a boom or bust pick for the Seahawks. Hope he's Jerel Worthy II.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Budda Baker - S - Washington

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Tremendously explosive and passionate in his play. Former high school track sprinter with good play speed. Screams off the edge as a blitzer. Always bouncing on balls of his feet just waiting to race to the action on a dead sprint. Plays with smooth backpedal and diagonal shuffle. Has a shiftiness that allows him to mirror change of direction in space. Plus instincts from any coverage areas. Allows quarterback's eyes and pattern recognition to carry him around the field. Not easily pulled from coverage responsibilities by bait routes around him. Has the click and close ability of a cornerback in coverage. Ball skills are solid. Plays with exceptional aggression. Accelerates through receivers to jar the pass loose. Tackle finisher who races to the throw to end plays at the catch point. Scouts use terms like "winner" and "top notch person" to describe him.

WEAKNESSES Undersized safety in a smaller frame. Could struggle to carry 200 pounds as a pro. Gets big-boyed by tight ends from the slot. Lack of size may limit how NFL teams can use him. Aggressive shoulder rolls into running backs could cause future health issues. Force as a tackler just average against big running backs. Forced into grab and drag scenarios to get running backs down at times. Small hesitation to accelerate when forced to open and sprint down the field. Can be too overzealous when stepping downhill to tackle. May need to play with a little more discipline and control as an NFL tackler.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "I would leave him as a centerfielder and then roll him down over the slot if you needed too. He's too small to cover tight ends, but he's got great instincts in coverage which is why he should shine as a single-high." - NFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON Bob Sanders

BOTTOM LINE Undersized free safety with the heart of a linebacker. Baker plays with a competitive desire that leaps off the field when you watch him thanks to elite football character and above-average explosiveness. While he is undersized, he makes up for it with his football instincts and plus play speed. Baker has the talent to become a play-making safety with Pro Bowl potential if he can sustain his health.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:43 PM
DEAR SAN DIEGO

DRAFT THE STUD OG FOR MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLVINNNNNNNNNNNN

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:44 PM
THANK YOU SD CHARGERS GM

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:44 PM
Zay Jones - WR - East Carolina

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS All-time FBS receptions leader. Hands catcher outside the hashes and snatches it away from his frame. Swallows ball into his frame to protect it when working over the middle. Tape shows a willingness to run head-first into traffic and make the tough catch when hit is imminent. Can win all day when it comes to finishing catches at the high point. Extremely driven to succeed. Plays with good focus and footwork on catches near the sideline. Has experience working from outside and the slot. Returned kicks as a junior. Has posted impressive numbers in Pirates' strength-and-conditioning program. Well respected in the program and scouts rave about his character. Father, Robert, was a Super Bowl winner with Dallas Cowboys.

WEAKNESSES Play speed is very average. Lacks vertical push to force cornerbacks to open and run early and doesn't have second gear to separate from coverage down the field. Thin frame. Struggles to find clean releases against press coverage due to play strength and foot quickness. High-volume production helped by high percentage of short throws and wide receiver screens. Sticky out of breaks and unable to shake tight coverage. Limited amount of burst and wiggle after the catch and won't create much more than is there. Not overly-committed as a run blocker.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

BOTTOM LINE Possesses high football character and a desire to push himself forward. Record-breaking receptions totals in 2016 were due more to scheme and excessive targets than separation ability or top-end speed. As a one-on-one receiver on the pro level, he will have to prove he has the speed and quickness to uncover against man coverage if he is to become more than just wide receiver depth.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm not sold on King at all. I didn't like him yesterday and I like him even less today.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:46 PM
Forrest Lamp - G - Western Kentucky

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Compact build but not lacking athleticism. Able to redirect weight back inside. Showed nimble feet when handling spin moves and inside shots from LSU's Arden Key in 2015. Patient. Works feet and hips into position before engaging. Secures block with chopping feet and quality positioning. Bends and looks for low-man leverage with hip thrust under him. Uses short, controlled punch in run game. Clever with hands in pass protection. Throws short, teaser jab with outside hand to entice rushers into premature hand fighting. Effective counter-puncher defending edge and clears his chest and re-sets hands if defender gets into him first. Rarely bull-rushed. Processes quickly when defense runs games up front.

WEAKNESSES Average frame and might not be able to add much more bulk to it. Lack of height and arm length will likely drive him inside. Expedited engagement on interior could prevent counter-punching style with hands. Will have to learn to keep hands in ready position and shoot them with tighter track into the frame. Positional blocker lacking NFL power as a drive-blocking guard. Lack of girth will require consistent pad level and a little wider base.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

SOURCES TELL US "He's the real deal. If he can snap, you could get away with playing him all up and down the line. Great feet, strong, smart." -- AFC executive

NFL COMPARISON Zach Martin

BOTTOM LINE Four-year starter at left tackle whose lack of length will likely force him inside on the next level. He has the athleticism to handle athletic interior rushers while being able to fit into diverse rushing attacks that ask more from the guards and centers. His ability to potentially line up at tackle, guard or center will only increase his value. Lamp's 2016 performance against Alabama's talented edge players was a resume-builder that shined a spotlight on his potential as a pro.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm not sold on King at all. I didn't like him yesterday and I like him even less today.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Tomorrow will be a better day.

Maybe we can pick Vince Biegel but I doubt it.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Marcus Maye - S - Florida

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Ready-made safety frame with muscular build and long arms. Really instinctive with above-average field vision and feel for the game. Eyes dart back and forth from quarterback to receiver. Correlates quarterback's eyes and actions to a corresponding route and gets the early jump. Plays with good pattern recognition from both man and zone. Credited with a pass breakup or interception on more than 21 percent of his targets as a starter. Has speed to burst from sideline to sideline. Rangy tackler with in-play endurance for extended chases across field. Welcomes physical aspects of position. Sheds blockers quickly. Showed improved patience and diligence as tackler. Trustworthy as last line of defense.

WEAKNESSES Despite his instincts, credited with 10 touchdowns allowed during time at Florida. Inconsistent ball tracker. Has issues playing both ball and man down the field, and can lose feel with receiver. Tape shows some issues with hip tightness. Balance can be a little spotty and he'll fight his hips when forced to transition suddenly on combination routes. Better coming downhill than playing on his heels. Missed final three games of senior season with broken arm.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

NFL COMPARISON Glover Quin

BOTTOM LINE Interchangeable safety with the instincts of a free safety and the physicality of a box player. Thrives as a downhill player and has the instincts and speed to operate effectively from both single-high and two-deep looks. Has the physical attributes and intelligence to step into a starter's role early on and will be a strong contributor on special teams.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 06:52 PM
RB next would not surprise me......but I still want a stud pass rusher......any thoughts ??

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 06:55 PM
Vikqueens chose Dalvin Cook.

esoxx
04-28-2017, 06:59 PM
Hopefully Cook can use some of that signing bonus to get his crew some dental work. My goodness.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 06:59 PM
RB next would not surprise me......but I still want a stud pass rusher......any thoughts ??

A lot of possibilities with that 2nd round pick. I agree though that a pass rusher would be ideal if there's some value there.

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 07:01 PM
Malik McDowell a boom or bust pick for the Seahawks. Hope he's Jerel Worthy II.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping!

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Curtis Samuel - WR - Ohio St.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Has crisp feet for sudden change of direction. Long-strider with deep speed to challenge press coverage over the top. Shows defender an exaggerated jab fake at top of his routes to generate lean from cornerback and create separation out of his break. On comeback routes, can stutter feet into his break for a sudden stop-and-open timing throws. Has explosiveness both vertically and out of his breaks to uncover on all three levels. Can ramp it back up to top gear quickly after tapping his brakes in space. At his best when matched up in open space. Gets faster and more dangerous as the play unfolds. Has two years of kick-return experience. Moveable matchup piece.

WEAKNESSES Plays with some hip tightness that make his play more linear than fluid. Needs to work on release against press. Could get hung up off the line and into his routes by athletic, press-cover slot men. Has unnatural hands that fight the throw. Will default to body catches. Didn't have as many "pro-style" touches as teams would like. Averaged just 5.5 yards at the catch point, and several carries came on jet sweeps and stretch plays from shotgun. Average ball-tracking and adjustments to poor throws. Wasn't asked to handle blocking responsibilities very often.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "It's kind of like with Jalin Marshall last year. How do you use him? He's not a running back and his routes and hands really aren't that good. Marshall went undrafted. Samuel is a better athlete but they are about the same size and give you the same concerns with how to use them." -- East regional scout for AFC team

NFL COMPARISON Josh Huff

BOTTOM LINE Jack-of-all trades but master of none, Samuel showed an ability to gain yardage and create scoring opportunities in a variety of ways on a talented Buckeyes offense. However, NFL teams will want to slot him into a more defined role, which is most likely at receiver. He is still learning the position and has separation quickness to create open throwing lanes, but while he's sharpening his route work, he could find early reps as a kick returner.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Hopefully Cook can use some of that signing bonus to get his crew some dental work. My goodness.

LOL......

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Dalvin Cook - RB - Florida St.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Uses choppy feet and compact stride length downhill. Keeps feet under him and is able to make lateral cuts at a moment's notice. Flourished in zone, gap and power schemes at FSU. At his best running wide while setting up lead blockers. Slows flowing safeties and linebackers with hesitation steps and glances back inside. Has run-away gear around the corner he keeps tucked away for special occasions. Darting style allows him to escape defenders who show gap commitment too soon. Plus vision. Quick to flow from first to second read on outside zone plays. Greedy redzone runner with ability to cash those checks. The brighter the lights, the bigger his game. Comfortable in both one-back and two-back groupings. Rare ability to cut it all the way back across the grain. Changes direction with degree of subtlety on second level without gearing down. Not much of a dancer. Tends to get hit it up the field. Feet in constant state of motion. Despite drops, can be dangerous out of backfield.

WEAKNESSES Not always a tough inside runner. Can be early to bounce it outside rather than plant and go downhill. Needs to become more comfortable between the tackles. Excellent vision to the perimeter becomes cloudier between the b-gaps. Will duck head and finish a run prematurely rather than probing for more interior space. Not always small through the crease. Flashes ability to finish with authority but makes business decisions at times. Hips not as fluid as expected. Would benefit from use of a hearty stiff-arm. Inconsistent hands in all phases. Ball security issues with 13 career fumbles. Suffers from focus drops out of backfield. Won't square-up on blitzers and may not be reliable enough as blocker to play on third downs.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "Fumbles and arrests are a bad combination. He's got a lot of ability but he's got on the field problems with ball security and multiple arrests off of it. You have to decide if he will be responsible with more money and more time on his hands. If you have any doubts, just wait around for another running back because there will be plenty this year." - NFC executive

NFL COMPARISON Edgerrin James

BOTTOM LINE Very talented runner with outstanding balance, footwork and burst. Cook lacks the power that you may find with some running backs in this year's draft, but he is a homerun hitter with a resume featuring monster games against his most highly regarded opponents. Cook creates for himself with elusiveness and speed, but his value could be diminished by injuries, character and issues in pass protection. If everything checks out, he could become a rookie of the year candidate right away.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Marcus Williams - S - Utah

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Athletic and instinctive from high safety. Easy hips with smooth feet in his backpedal. Able to play from deep positioning and still make plays on the ball. Good recognition of quarterback’s intentions gives him a head-start on the throw. Has desired open-field speed to close from hash to sideline. Former basketball player and high-jumper with the leaping ability and timing to win the 50-50 throws. Posted 10 interceptions against 44 targets over last two seasons. Productive tackler and careful finisher. Steps downhill against the run. Leverages ball carriers to the sideline and rarely lets him cross back over into middle of the field. Gathers feet and widens out to unfurl a wider tackling net.

WEAKNESSES Needs to add some muscle on his slim frame. More of a finesses safety than hitter. Takes the worst of it in one-on-one tackles. Can be dragged along for additional yardage. Plays with a hitch in his transition from backpedal. Occasionally follows quarterback's eyes too carefully and can be manipulated.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 2-3

NFL COMPARISON Justin Simmons

BOTTOM LINE Ball-hawking free safety who has outstanding ball skills and has shown a propensity for causing turnovers. He can play from a high centerfield spot and utilizes his instincts to swoop down and challenge throws. He's able to get running backs down, but he’s not physical enough to be a combination safety. NFL teams love defensive backs with athletic traits, instincts and ball skills. If he works out well before the draft, he should move up team boards.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:07 PM
LOL...... You like the pick, Ras?

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:11 PM
You like the pick, Ras?

I suppose, didn't catch any college ball last year but dude seems to have game if he can settle his ass down.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Sidney Jones - CB - Washington

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Competes all over the field. Doesn't play pitty-pat with his jam from press. Throws stiff lead right into the shoulder of receivers like a boxer. Maximizes contact with receivers within first five yards. Eyes are top notch. Balances between quarterback's eyes and his man from all off coverages. Ready to close on throws anywhere near his area. Route magnet. Pattern anticipation allows him to map receivers path and undercut route. Prioritizes ball over man and attacks catch point with slaps and rips. Has nine career interceptions and got a hand on 21.3 percent of balls thrown his way over last two seasons. Early ball tracker with length and leaping to attack the high point. Mirrors receiver acceleration out of their breaks. Twitchy feet for click-and-close transitions and instant change of direction from shuffle technique. Solid recovery quickness.

WEAKNESSES Tore his Achilles tendon at his pro day which will require an extensive rehab process. Carries slender frame. Needs to add upper body strength in preparation for NFL size. Was jostled around by JuJu Schuster-Smith out of press coverage and at the top of the route. Scouts like his quickness but worry about his ability to carry speed down the field. Gets impatient from press. Loses positioning by reaching and lunging to get hands on receiver rather than letting the release come to him. Can still improve his transition footwork. Fights his hips a little when flipping to change direction in open field. Physical receivers can wall him out of tackle action in run support.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2-3

SOURCES TELL US "I think he picked up all of (Marcus) Peters' good traits as a player without the personality defects. He marries that great FBI (football intelligence) with an explosive close-out and that will win in the pros just like it wins in college. You will always wish he was 198 pounds, but he won't be." -- NFC East regional scout

NFL COMPARISON Marcus Peters

BOTTOM LINE Jones is a "casino cornerback" who has the ball skills and instincts to tilt the odds in his favor when quarterbacks look his way. His toughness and desire to make plays on the ball are remarkably similar to his friend and off-season workout buddy, Marcus Peters. Jones has lockdown corner talent but unfortunately, teams will have to wrestle with his draft positioning as there is no guarantee that Jones can come back with the same quickness and speed as before.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Gerald Everett - TE - South Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Slick athlete with leftover wide receiver traits. Easy acceleration into routes and can blow by safeties who sit down looking for a route break for too long. Good acceleration off of plant foot in route breaks. Can create immediate separation. Carries play speed throughout routes. Cover linebackers are usually in for a rough day vs. Everett, who eats in the middle of the field and shows no fear. Maximizes arm length for wide catch radius. Hands look fairly natural as pass catcher. Adds to totals with yards after catch. Runs physically and with excellent balance. Rips his legs through arm-tackle attempts. Instinctive runner who sets up blocks on bubble screens. Alters stride length to elude diving tackle attempts. Able to work all three levels of the field. Blocks with anger and is prone to longer engagements than most blockers on perimeter. Put on a show, including game-winning touchdown, in upset of Mississippi State on the road.

WEAKNESSES Route running doesn't appear to be high on his priority list. Routes are rounded, dull and lack urgency. Leans into most of his breaks. Talented cover safeties can jump his routes. Drifts on square-ins, allowing deep safeties a door into the play. Needs work on double moves. Could have issues playing through route redirection off line of scrimmage. Shows deceleration when locating ball on deep throws. Hands are small. Too many one-handed stab attempts on throws outside his frame limit ability to make the "wow" catches. Touchdown production lower than expected.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "He's got all the tools. He could end up being one of the top pass catching tight ends in the league. There is question about whether he can handle a full playbook, but I think that is overblown. Cut him loose and let him make a bunch of plays." -- AFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON Quincy Enunwa

BOTTOM LINE It's difficult to find a good comparison for Everett because his size and toughness are similar to Marshall's coming out, but his playing style resembles Delanie Walker at times. Everett has size, speed and tremendous run-after-catch potential, but it is his willingness and ability to block that separates him from other "matchup" tight ends. Route running is below average, but he should improve with NFL coaching. Everett has the talent to become a very good NFL starter with Pro Bowl potential if he puts it all together.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Adam Shaheen - TE - Ashland

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Enormous frame for a tight end. Powerfully built, well-proportioned frame. Accomplished high school hooper who brings the same footwork to the field. Has good sink into breaks and can make sharp cuts coming out. Has foot quickness for clever stutter-and-go double moves to uncover against linebackers. Above average speed and acceleration for his size. Creates leverage points against man coverage before breaking his routes off and pulling away. Moved all over the field. Was isolated for fade routes near endzone. Plus hand-eye coordination and shows ability to alter body positioning to improve catch-odds while ball-tracking.Trusted in pass protection. Sees twists and blitzes and responds to them. Needs work as run blocker but has desired frame of a Y-tight end.

WEAKNESSES Physically overwhelmed a lower level of competition. Upper body is stiff and mechanical in his routes. Hasn't learned how to utilize hands to free himself against press. Gets jammed up in his release and can be knocked off the timing of his patterns. Will need to learn to adjust in space in order to maneuver past traffic. In need of his fair share of technique work as a run blocker. Ducks head into initial contact. Finds himself lunging and chasing when asked to climb to second level.

SOURCES TELL US "I watched him for two games and turned the tape off because I want to see him live in Indy before I develop any more of an opinion of him. I saw some things that has me very excited." - AFC pro personnel director

NFL COMPARISON Vance McDonald

BOTTOM LINE Big, fast and athletic, Shaheen will immediately interest teams who are looking for size and traits. He's a poorer blocker than what might be expected for a player with his frame, but he's also a much more dangerous pass catching target. The jump in competition will be substantial and teams will expect him to become a more consistent blocker, but he's a pass catching tight end in a Y-tight end's body. Shaheen has starting potential with an ability to impact a passing game early in his career.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Quincy Wilson - CB - Florida

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Prototypical size for cornerback or safety spot. Big and physical. Very competitive. Willing to accept challenge of taking on a team's top wideout. Uses play strength to overcome some athletic and speed deficiencies. Can maul receivers off line of scrimmage and eliminate them from a route if they don't get clean release against his press. Plus anticipation in coverage. Makes quick reads on in-breaking routes and attacks in front of the route. Finished career with six interceptions. Responsive to play-action keys. Good feel for when to step downhill as tackler. Plays off perimeter blocks quickly. Willing to stick his nose in as a tackler. Willing to be the hammer and not just the nail when it comes to challenging running backs.

WEAKNESSES Hips and feet can be exceedingly sticky in his transitions. Will fight his feet a little in his backpedal and shuffle. Footwork average in space. When feet fail him, he opts to use his hands. Could see spike in illegal contact and holding penalties if asked to play corner early in career. Reliant upon strength and grit in man coverage over speed and athleticism. Plays too tall which hinders click-and-close burst. Allows too much separation against complex routes. Below average reactive athleticism for the position and will struggle to carry long speed.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "He may not be that clean with his coverage but I would rather go to war with him over (Teez) Tabor any day. He's big and he's tough. Tabor has more talent but Wilson just has to find the right spot because he's got the mindset to be a pro player." -- AFC executive
NFL COMPARISON Tre' Boston

BOTTOM LINE Wilson rose to prominence this year after finishing with three interceptions and allowing fewer than 40 percent of the passes his way to be completed. His size and physicality combined with issues in staying glued to quick receivers could lead him to the safety spot where his instincts, ball skills and willingness to tackle will all serve him well.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Tyus Bowser - OLB - Houston

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Bursts out of his stance and challenges the edge. Good shoulder turn at the edge of rush and can dip and corner with very tight radius. Showed ability to play in variety of spots. Crisp change of direction ability. Took to his coaching and showed drastic improvement against the run this year. Played two years of college basketball at Houston which shows up with his footwork and fluidity when dropping into space. Has ability to pattern match tight ends. Light is starting to come on for him. Should have a big day at the combine.

WEAKNESSES Undersized on the edge. May not have the frame to carry much more weight. Can be engulfed by size. Needs to get better with hands at point of attack. Still has issues where he looks like a basketball guy learning football. Production as pass rusher doesn't match his explosive traits. Pass rush is built around athleticism and not enough around skill. Has to get even tougher and more skilled against the run.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "He's got all the athletic traits and explosiveness and none of the consistency of production you want. I still think you are kind of gambling on him if you take him too high but it's going to be really hard to pass on the athlete after what he's done this postseason." -- NFL general manager

NFL COMPARISON Eli Harold

BOTTOM LINE Ascending pass-rush prospect who is still learning the fundamentals of his position thanks to a late commitment to the sport. Bowser's movement ability in space creates interesting possibilities for teams looking for a twitched-up toy to play with. Bowser lacks production, but his explosive characteristics off the edge will push him up the draft board and give him a chance to play well above where some scouts might project him.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Posting the player info is definately work, just wanted to let you know I'm at least still here! Thx Joe.

edit: And the winner by TKO in the first round JOE MIXON, JOE MIXON.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:30 PM
There goes one of the pass rushers.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:32 PM
Joe Mixon - RB - Oklahoma

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Outstanding burst to go from first level to third level. Goes from glide to burst quickly and can hit chunk plays between tackles and around corners. Can go from elusive to banger when he needs to. Will drop the pads and drive through tacklers in short yardage spots. Flashy feet for his size. Can jump-cut around defenders in tight quarters. Smooth hips help him swivel around the second and third levels. Able to show and go leaving linebackers diving as he escapes out of the side door. Strong stiff-arm helps would-be tacklers catch grass stains. Can turn the corner and create a straightaway to the end zone. Was Big 12 leader in percentage of explosive carries (15-plus yards) at 11.9 percent. True three-down back. Devastating pass catching option. Excellent route runner creating immediate separation. Soft hands to make the easy catch and the one-hander. Will step in and square up his blocking responsibilities in pass game.

WEAKNESSES Some in scouting community concerned with character beyond his domestic violence incident. Inconsistent as inside runner. Can be too patient at times. Looks for wide-open points of entry before he hits the gas. Can be nonchalant approaching line of scrimmage. Dances downhill allowing running lanes to become creases. Feet lag behind when headed into congestion and will get loose with his rush track inviting tacklers a chance to get a hand on him. Lacks creativity in initial stages of his run at times. Vision is just average. Fails to see backside cuts developing on stretch plays. Hops into his downhill cuts rather than a crisp plant-and-go.

SOURCES TELL US "I'm not going to talk about any character issue because every team has to go through and make their own decisions. As a player, he can play all three downs but he's not going to create for himself like Fournette or Cook. But he can also have an impact on the passing game that they can't have. I see him as a top-40 player. Obviously, he won't go there." -- NFC North area scout

NFL COMPARISON Le'Veon Bell

BOTTOM LINE I've decided to give Joe Mixon a draft grade based on his talent and expected output if given a chance as an NFL running back. His draft slot will likely be impacted by his domestic violence issue. Mixon has the talent to be an every-down, all-day running back with the potential to take over a game on the ground or through the air. Life against weaker Big 12 defenses has created a more relaxed rushing approach for Mixon who will have to play at a faster pace as an NFL back. Mixon's vision is just average and he could struggle to create for himself in front of a subpar offensive line; however, he can play in any rushing scheme and can be moved all over the field as a matchup option.

smuggler
04-28-2017, 07:32 PM
No surprise that the Bengals took Mixon. Typical-ass move for them.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Ryan Anderson - OLB - Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Thick through shoulders and chest with good upper-body power. Exhibits professional approach on the field. Disciplined and married to his assignments. Stays clean. Comes into the league with NFL-caliber hand work. Ready hands at point of attack with a willingness to stick and move to avoid being swallowed by size. Sets a sturdy edge and makes a point to physically challenge tight ends early in the game. Will "dead arm" inside shoulder to alter blocker's balance and sneak around the outside hand. Relentless charge as a pass rusher and gets home thanks to his effort. Leverages runners to the sideline and rarely gives up a cut-back lane. Tackle finisher who is always hustling. Plays teammate ball over hero ball. Has experience at outside linebacker in both 3-4 and 4-3. Forced five fumbles over last two seasons.

WEAKNESSES Relatively average athlete for the position. Lacks desired pursuit speed and closing burst as a 4-3 linebacker. Hips are a little stiff and he lacks plus range of motion. Could struggle with cover skills in space. Short arms could become an issue if asked to stack the edge against NFL tackles. Effort rusher missing desired traits found in consistent NFL pass rushers. His edge rush is more elongated and gradual than tight and sharp. Gets punched by tackles while shoulders are still square, causing him to flatten out as a rusher.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US "Size is more suited for 4-3 SAM but he could play some rush outside backer in a 3-4. He would fit Baltimore and Pittsburgh as a 3-4 SAM, too." -- NFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON Ahmad Brooks

BOTTOM LINE Well-schooled with a high football IQ and a history as a winner. His disciplined, assignment-based approach to the game should resonate with defensive coordinators. Lack of length and average athletic traits could put a cap on his draft stock, but he should be a safe pick and a long-time starter as an outside linebacker.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Justin Evans - S - Texas A&M

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Tremendous athlete who was heralded as a baseball pitcher, and receiver and defensive back in football coming out of high school. Has feet and hips for easy toggle between backpedal and angled shuffle as high safety. Ball skills of a slot receiver. Plays with excellent passion for the game. Can snare at the highest point thanks to well-timed leaps, great arm extension and supple hands. Big accelerator to close out crossing routes and disrupt the passing lane. Very good plant-and-go twitch. Looks to make plays taking aggressive routes to the ball. Logged four interceptions and seven pass breakups as a senior. Fast with ability to range over the top from high safety. Seeks out collisions and doesn't shrink from contact. Completely laid-out Alabama's Derrick Henry during hit in 2015 game. Wrap-up tackler who explodes into target and runs his feet through the finish.

WEAKNESSES Needs improved eye-balance. Has issues splitting focus between ball and man. From second level, hyper-focuses on receiver keys and is late finding running back headed his way. Aggressive nature could make him a play-action target on pro level. Instincts dwindle the further away from line of scrimmage he goes. Inconsistent seeing and breaking on throws from high safety. Needs to come to balance in tackle-ready position more quickly on third-level stops. His heart is bigger than his body. Needs more bulk to withstand fallout from his physical play. Gets stuck to blocking tight ends from slot and struggles to unglue.

SOURCES TELL US "His interception against UCLA at the beginning of the year was one of those plays that not many safeties can make. But I'm worried about his missed tackles. Hard hits are great for Sportscenter or YouTube but getting guys to the ground is top priority." -- Front-office executive for AFC team

NFL COMPARISON Karl Joseph

BOTTOM LINE Soft-spoken but carries a walloping stick. Plays the game with an elevated sense of urgency and excitement. He is a little undersized, but has plus speed, is an extremely physical hitter and can play deep or near the line of scrimmage. Athleticism and ball skills might lead a team to test him out as a slot corner. Regardless of where he plays, he has the talent to become a plus NFL starter and a potential Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) draft selection.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Oh wow, Floyd Little. Been awhile since I've seen him.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:44 PM
DeMarcus Walker - DE - Florida St.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Ties quick swim move to his jump-step in order to climb over top of pass protection. Posted eye-popping sack production (25) over last two seasons at FSU. Attempts to play past the blocker rather than giving in. Always searching for new opening when original rush move is stymied. When rush stalls, he spies quarterback and gets hand in alleys. Eight career passes defensed. Gathers blockers to set up teammates when first on twists. Active, heavy tackler. Stack-and-shed power on the edge when pad level is right. Thick bubble and thighs with ability to carry more mass. Able to stuff cut blocks and keep his feet clean. Hasty with hands and lands first. Engages and mirrors flow of running back with square pads. Durable and dependable; played in 90 percent of the defensive snaps 2016.

WEAKNESSES Inconsistent motor. Allows backside tackle opportunities to escape his grasp when he's not hustling. Range as a tackler is average. A step slow when sliding down line to constrict cutback lanes. Needs to show quicker feet. Struggles to work feet and hips back into playmaking position once beaten on reach blocks. Pops straight and loses his leverage when fatigued. Doesn't have the juice or hips to consistently bend the edge as a pro rusher. Needs two-way goes to do his best pass rush work. Moves well, but lacks suddenness and play speed is average. Level of play greatly impacted by fatigue level.

NFL COMPARISON Mario Edwards

BOTTOM LINE Walker's sack totals are impressive, but he's not the type of "early win" sack artist that generally post those types of numbers. He's a base end with power to hold up at the point, but better suited to reduce inside as interior rusher on passing downs. Walker lacks the desired size and physical traits teams look for off the edge; a move to three-technique isn't out of the question.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Damn, Jim Brown is looking old.

Kizer goes, Packers will rue the day they didn't pull the trigger like they planned on for this guy......(joke)

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:47 PM
DeShone Kizer - QB - Notre Dame

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Big quarterback with a big arm. Can make all of the throws. Has step and crank power to drive throws into the seams. Has the arm talent and willingness to challenge safeties on both intermediate and deep throws. Looks the part with thick frame to withstand NFL punishment. Over the top delivery creates tight spirals. Has powerful grip allowing for aggressive pump fakes to move defense around. When he's comfortable, will tie feet with his eyes as he scans the field. Adequate drive accuracy. If he feels a completion is imminent, he'll stand in and take a punishing shot. Strong, authoritative runner with the speed to hit a big play with his feet. Two-way threat in the red zone. Posted 18 rushing touchdowns over last two seasons.

WEAKNESSES Gets stuck on primary read missing out on early openers around field. May not have eyes or compact release to spot and hit flashing targets. Can be too reliant upon arm strength over mechanics. Wants open throwing window rather than operating with early anticipation. Can improve in leading receivers and throwing stationary targets open. Too hesitant. Gets caught in pump fake vortex at times. Quick to drop his eyes and halt progressions when pocket warms up. Inconsistent decision-maker. Showed dreadful lapses in judgement that lead to interceptions. Too willing to make off-balanced heaves. Benched against Stanford. Had at least one interception in 15 of his 23 starts. Will take a sack despite having ample time to read and throw.

DRAFT PROJECTION round 1-2

SOURCES TELL US "I could tell you he should have gone back to school, but he also has some things you can work with. We need to find out how he will handle the board when our coaches put him through different reads. That's going to be huge for him. He's a bright kid, but I'm not sure he sees what he needs to see all time." - NFC midwest area scout

NFL COMPARISON Steve McNair

BOTTOM LINE The comparison to Steve McNair could raise eyebrows, but that is based primarily on size, mobility and arm strength. The aforementioned traits often land a quarterback in the first round, but Kizer's second-half drop in production combined with inconsistent decision-making and accuracy should be a speed bump for teams ready to jump in head-first on the traits. Kizer has the ability to become a quality starter, but has to improve his ball placement and field vision first.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Damn, Jim Brown is looking old.

Kizer goes, Packers will rue the day they didn't pull the trigger like they planned on for this guy......(joke)

Kizer is really talented, but inconsistent. He'll need a lot of coaching.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:51 PM
Lions are on the clock.

Rastak
04-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Lem Barney, helluva lineup this year.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Teez Tabor - CB - Florida

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Prototypical size and athleticism. Plays with bouncy feet in coverage. Good initial patience and foot quickness to mirror receiver's release from press. Has the quick twitch to accelerate and pattern match receivers throughout their routes. Has recovery speed to bird-dog crossers. From zone, can split high/low routes and is quick enough to challenge the catch on either. Has agility and change of direction to come off of one route and pick up the next. Shines when the ball is in the air. Pro-ready closing burst. Has excellent hand-eye coordination. Hands and timing help turn opportunities into interceptions. Posted 28 passes defensed over the last two years. Finished career with nine interceptions at Florida. Willing to unload into receiver's ribs in order jar a ball free.

WEAKNESSES Whispers in scouting circles that Tabor fears deep speed. Often played excessively deep off-coverage. Shows balance issues in space. Occasionally loses footing in coverage during his transition. Shows willingness to sit on routes and grab receivers trying to go vertical rather than flipping hips to chase. Can be undisciplined from zone losing track of his responsibilities. Appears to be hit or miss with instinctive playmaking. Doesn't play to his listed size. Finesse cornerback. Avoids mixing it up with physical receivers away from the ball. Too many weak tackle attempts. Charted with 13 missed tackles in 2015. Scouts consider him to be a high-maintenance prospect. Has been suspended due to drug tests and a run-in with a teammate in practice.

SOURCES TELL US "With Vernon (Hargreaves) there last year he played with a lot more confidence. I don't think he's a lockdown cornerback. He's a good football player and can cover in our league, but he's also going to be a pain in the ass for whoever takes him." -- AFC Southest area scout

NFL COMPARISON Darius Slay

BOTTOM LINE Tabor has terrific size and quickness, but his pedestrian 40 times at both the combine and his pro day workout are hard to ignore. While he has some lapses in judgement and awareness in coverage, his nine career interceptions didn't happen by accident. Tabor can pattern match around the field, but he may need safety help over the top if he's playing on the outside. If he's going to be a zone corner, he'll have to do a better job of tackling. Tabor looks like a second day pick.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Good Pick for the Lions - instinctive. I HOPE the guy we drafted has decent coverage instincts like that.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Raekwon McMillan - LB - Ohio St.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Downhill movement after the snap is his norm. Understands angles. Can outpace pulling guards to the spot with his play quickness. Reads his keys and responds. Plays with good anticipation of lane choice by the runner. Attacks hands-first into blockers with good arm extension to keep his frame clean. Good zone-cover ability. Reads quarterback's eyes and slides into passing lanes. Has added additional thickness during his tenure.

WEAKNESSES Struggles to leverage his gap as a take-on linebacker. Gets widened out of his gap by size. Gets trapped on the wrong side of the block. Tends to play over the top of a block rather than under it. Slow to disengage and tackle. Tight in his lower half. Missing the quick, reactive change of direction to consistently secure shifty runners. Delayed in stop-start pursuit to the sideline. Has some limitations in man coverage.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 3

SOURCES TELL US "I see him as a backup early on who will become a starter at SAM (strong-side) for a 4-3 team. He's been pretty productive but I don't see anything special." -- South area scout for NFC team

NFL COMPARISON Mason Foster

BOTTOM LINE McMillan has too many issues standing his ground and leveraging his gap as an interior run defender and could end up outside in the pros. He might have benefited from playing alongside a slew of NFL talent, but he's active and plays the game with good instincts. He has the potential to become an average starter in the league.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Boo!!

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Dalvin Tomlinson - DT - Alabama

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Good arm length with power in his large hands. Fires jarring punch into blockers quickly and is in control of the rep. Has good feel for double teams. Broad, powerful hips and strong post leg helps him drop anchor against down blocks. Awareness and power helps him constrict his gaps. Maintains two-gap responsibility until it's time to tackle. Doesn't linger on blocks long. Stacks and sheds with consistency. Locates ball quickly. Recognizes run-direction tendency from certain formations. Long, lateral step allows him to get head-start on blocker and prevent being reached. Quality motor and effort. Chases outside his area like he expects to make the play. Willing to do dirty work in Alabama's twisting defensive scheme. Does outstanding job of occupying both blockers on twists. Active hands in passing lane to bat down passes.

WEAKNESSES Only one season playing more than 45 percent of team's defensive snaps. Is surrounded by upper-echelon prospects, which eases attention on him. Slow-twitch defender who lacks quickness into neutral zone off the snap. Most pass-rush success comes via twists and games up front. Not a threat to beat interior pass protection with rush moves. Makes predictable pass-rush charges and doesn't garner enough pocket push as bull rusher.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US "I don't know how he flew under the radar so long because he is a dude. If you liked those guys from last year (Jarran Reed and A'Shawn Robinson), no reason you won't like this one." -- AFC South area scout

NFL COMPARISON Dan Williams

BOTTOM LINE Prototypical Alabama defensive tackle who wins with leverage, power and technique. Tomlinson's powerful frame and ability to stack the run between the tackles could make him a scheme-flexible target in the draft. While he is likely to be drafted as a run bully, his history of operating in Alabama's stunt-and-twist-oriented defense could help keep him on the field on third downs for teams using a similar concept. Tomlinson has a chance to become an early starter and should work into a defensive line rotation immediately.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:01 PM
6 picks away.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Obi Melifonwu - S - Connecticut

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Elite size with premium athletic traits that should show up at combine testing. Four-year starter. Sharp focus when ball is in the air. Takes path to the ball with undercut of the route at the last second. Plus hand-eye coordination to flip the field with interceptions. Former cornerback who has the athleticism to cover matchup tight ends and some big slots. Posted six interceptions over last two seasons. Uses big frame to body-up seam-runners and constrict their windows. Downhill tackling machine. Plus range with a wide net to bring runners down once he gets his arms into them. Body-up hitter. Drastically reduced penalties totals over junior and senior season.

WEAKNESSES Leggy and gets feet bundled up when asked to turn and sprint. Lacks desired instincts and will play with slow eyes at times. Has to see ball in the air before charging over to help on deep throws. Inconsistent with coverage responsibilities from high safety. Takes time to diagnose play-action. Rub routes found him near goal line. Can take inefficient paths to the ball that get him there a step too late. Would benefit from high-pointing rather than waiting on throws.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "He's a freak. He's going to blow away the combine. He's fast and will post some of the best vertical and broad numbers at his position. He's going to get a lot better in the pros and he has that elite size that will get him overdrafted." -- AFC Pro Personnel Director

NFL COMPARISON George Iloka

BOTTOM LINE Big and athletic, he may lack the coverage qualities and instincts needed to work as a "last line of defense" player in a pass-happy division. Melifonwu is an effective downhill tackler who has the ability to match up against tight ends and make a living near the line of scrimmage. His football instincts aren't up to par, but the size and traits will be extremely enticing for teams who covet traits first.

RashanGary
04-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Was hoping for pass rush help, but a corner is nice too. Love tall corners!! Was looking through best corners of all time and length is very common!

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Damn it.

Zool
04-28-2017, 08:08 PM
I smell a WR coming in round 2.

Joemailman
Zach Cunningham - LB - Vanderbilt

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Play-making machine. Plays on a downhill tilt and is always looking to draw first blood. Fast to see it, process and respond. Creates tackles for losses by shooting gaps at appropriate angles. Has a good feel for blockers and uses varied speeds and subtle upper body turns to avoid blockers on second level. Quick in his lateral scrape and races ahead of blockers. Keeps play-side shoulder uncovered when flowing to the ball. Football magnet with outstanding tackle production and ability to create and recover turnovers. Rangy long strider with instincts and play speed to carry him from sideline to sideline in search of the ball. Has extended tackle radius. Durable and reliable. Has the athleticism and awareness to handle man coverage responsibilities against running backs and tight ends. Quick to trigger on throws from zone and limit yards after catch.

WEAKNESSES Angular build with high waist and skinny legs. Lack of power in his lower body creates issues with contact balance for him. Plays behind his shoulder rather than behind his hands in take-on situations. Can get entangled against size and slow to disengage. Doesn't have play strength to fight past angle blocks once they land. Will need to work to keep shoulders squared in his attack. Leveraging his gap and standing his ground could be a challenge. Not a banger or a bend-and-strike finisher. Tends to attack ball carriers up high rather than down low and will slide off of too many would-be tackles.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "He needs to be uncovered so he can fly around and just go get the ball. He didn't have much help over there and he took it upon himself to make as many plays as possible. I love that mindset." AFC East regional scout

NFL COMPARISON Alec Ogletree

BOTTOM LINE Cunningham's missed tackles and lack of desired play strength could bother teams, but his consistent production is hard to ignore. Cunningham is a rangy, three-down linebacker who has a nose for the ball and special teams value. His downhill approach is made for attacking 4-3 defenses and Cunningham could become a good, early starter as a run-and-chase weak-side linebacker.

Bretsky
I didn't want Zach Cunningham in round one, but GREAT VALUE in round 2

OK....EDGE RUSHERS AND BPA...........WHO IS THERE ?????????????

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Last two picks would have been nice GB fits

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
I smell a WR coming in round 2.
Ju Ju Smith Schuster is out there.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:10 PM

Jordan Willis.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 08:11 PM

The other Wisconsin OLB.

Duke Riley???

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Jordan Willis ? Is Williams from Alabama still there ?

For those who thought TT would trade up in round two........No Stones

Joemailman
Ethan Pocic - C - LSU

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Five-for-one lineman offering roster flexibility; has played tackle, guard and center. Determined player. Shoots hands inside defenders frame and keeps them there. Shows the hand strength and body control to "ride the bull" against stronger players while remaining engaged. Rapid lateral movement allows him to slide along his gap to pick up blitzers. Pass sets feature adequate base width and solid hand quickness. Fluid combo-blocker who glides easily to his second-level targets with good angles. Patient blocker on second level. Able to wait as long as possible for committing to his block in space. Features good body control and high connection rate on blocks in space. Athletic on pull blocks and screens and able to make blocks well down the field. Smart and makes the offensive calls.

WEAKNESSES Tall for a center, losing some leverage battles because of it. Athletic ability offset by below-average core strength. Doesn't play with the pad level or leg drive to uproot defenders without help. Gets jarred by power across from him. Upper body strength needs work. Anchor will always be an issue against zero-technique nose guards. Gives into pocket pushers, creating traffic in the backfield. Defenders able to drive through his edge and redirect attempts. Can be quicker into proper positioning for reach blocks. Has difficulty securing zone blocks at times.

NFL COMPARISON Brandon Linder

BOTTOM LINE Flexible, natural athlete with starting experience all along the LSU offensive line. Scouts say Pocic has the intelligence teams look for from a center and is highly regarded by LSU coaches and teammates in the locker room. Pocic is an excellent "work-up" blocker with the ability to thrive in a running game that operates in space, but his lack of power will produce some extremely challenging matchups for him at times.

Bretsky
The other Wisconsin OLB.

Duke Riley???

YIKES

Biegel in round two ?

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:14 PM
TANOH KPASSAGNON - DE - Villanova

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Big body and long frame. Should be able to continue packing pounds onto his frame. Flashes some upper body power with an ability to fight through move blocks. Has plus athleticism with explosive hip thrust that can jolt blockers at point of attack. Has lateral quickness to beat reach blocks and slice into the backfield. Has the tools to be a one- or two-gap player. Raw in his pass rush, but shows occasional glimpses into his potential. Athletic with range and above average tackle radius. Highly intelligent and very mature. History of blocking kicks will catch the eye of a special team's coach.

WEAKNESSES Average explosiveness up the field. Doesn't find ways to the edge as a pass rusher often enough. Too content to just ride on a stale bull rush. Plays with excessively narrow base and anchor. Functional contact balance seems to be a coin-flip from snap to snap. Legs don't always look steady under him. Tussles with blocker in front of him and loses track of the ball. Plays upright and gets pads turned too easily by blockers widening him out of the hole. Need to learn to use his length to punch and control at the point.

SOURCES TELL US "He's raw but he's got a chance. He's quiet and I don't think football is going to define him, Do you know what I mean? I just want to make sure that he loves football." -- NFC regional scout

NFL COMPARISON Margus Hunt

BOTTOM LINE While he has the length, size and athleticism that is the foundation of what teams look for along their defensive front, his issues with contact balance and body control might not be easily remedied. Kpassagnon lacks natural pass rush talent and may need to strengthen his lower body so he can lock in as a two-gapping, edge-setting base end who can reduce inside on rush downs.

esoxx
04-28-2017, 08:14 PM

Like Willis or Kamara with next pick.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:15 PM
JORDAN WILLIS
TIM WILLIAMS

Get it done TTT

jmbarnes101
YIKES

Biegel in round two ?

I don't think you'll get him at the end of round 3 so unless they're trading up this might be our only opportunity. He's on a lot of sleeper 3rd round lists. Honestly, I think he has the possibility to be very, very good.

RashanGary
Traded for two 4th rounders!!! WTF!!!!!

smuggler
04-28-2017, 08:16 PM
DT Brantley
LB Tim Williams
LB Jordan Willis
S Josh Jones
RB Alvin Kamara

Joemailman
Jordan Willis ? Is Williams from Alabama still there ?

For those who thought TT would trade up in round two........No Stones

This is a deep draft through 4 rounds. I think trading down makes more sense than trading up.

red
trade down

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Jerrah is on the clock.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Like Willis or Kamara with next pick.

I was out and just getting caught up

I agree on Kamara.........good value here......

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:19 PM
GET A PLAYMAKER

Or are we going to end up with every pick in round 7

Come on TT; get us playmakers ....not depth

RashanGary
04-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Tim Williams, pass rush specialist...... is 2nd round too early for a specialist with character concerns? Probably!

smuggler
Where are you getting your leaks from JH?

Joemailman
Drew Pearson was awesome.

RashanGary
04-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Where are you getting your leaks from JH?

Joke

red
god i hate mike mayock

Joemailman
Chidobe Awuzi - CB - Colorado

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Fluid, controlled steps with easy change of direction allows for extended mirroring from press. Decent jam to disrupt. Carries smooth backpedal downfield with excellent mirror-and-match footwork in man coverage. Digests route combinations from zone and makes wise choices. Athletic with suddenness in his movements. Springy feet allow for abrupt click and close to the throw. Opens and swivels hips for desired transition in all directions. Experienced outside and from slot. Able to maintain coverage on shifty slot receivers. Instinctive with feel for route development. Possesses short-area closing burst. Confident on an island. Finds receiver on deep balls and gets head turned around. Dangerous slot blitzer with seven sacks over final two seasons at Colorado.

WEAKNESSES Short strider. Appears to lack long, recovery speed if beaten over top. Feels smaller than his listed size. Can be handsy down the field with pulls and tugs that turn into flags as a pro. Managed just three interceptions in college. Run support is lacking. Could use more aggressiveness and commitment when stepping downhill to tackle. Passes on the big hit and allows tight ends and big receivers to power through tackle attempts.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 1-2

NFL COMPARISON Prince Amukamara

BOTTOM LINE Sticky man-cover corner who possesses the reactive athleticism and foot quickness to maintain coverage responsibilities around the field. Awuzie's combination of size and speed pairs well with his instincts providing him what he needs to compete downfield. His inconsistencies as a tackler could turn off some teams, but his abilities as a gunner on special teams may counter that. He can play outside or in the slot and has traits and talent to compete for early playing time.

texaspackerbacker
Drew Pearson was awesome.

Hell Yeah!

woodbuck27
36. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
39. Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
40. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State

47. Tim Williams, LB, Alabama
48. Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
50. Dan Feeney, OL, Indiana
51. Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
52. Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State
56. Dorian Johnson, OL, Pittsburgh
57. Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M
58. Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
59. Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado

61. Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
63. Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
64. Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
65. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
67. Dion Dawkins, OL, Temple
70. Desmond King, CB, Iowa

71. ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama
74. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
75. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
76. Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee
77. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn
78. Duke Riley, OLB, LSU
79. Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
81. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

red
04-28-2017, 08:23 PM
a safety

burnett in his final year

hyde replacement?

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:23 PM
good value here; also shows what TT thinks of his secondary

So much for pass rush

smuggler
04-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Okay, this isn't too bad. He was among the top remaining players, and he could possibly correct some of our interior concerns (ILB) even though he's a safety.

woodbuck27
TT Picks:

39. Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State

A solid choice.

Joemailman
Josh Jones - S - N.C. State

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Possesses prototypical combination of size and speed. Has acceleration and top-end speed to range all over the field. Plus athletic ability and reactive quickness. Has ability to disguise his coverage before sprinting back to centerfield. Has experience with both safety spots. Fluid in his movement and is an explosive leaper when challenging at the high-point. Has the ball skills to rake it or take it. Plays with eager eyes that stay glued to quarterback's intentions. Has the closing burst to challenge throws. Extremely aggressive. Bouncy feet can't wait to fire downhill and hit something. Accelerates through the collision. Does a good job of punching and playing off of blockers.

WEAKNESSES His aggression is a double-edged sword. Will come in too hot looking to lay the lumber and end up missing his mark as a tackler. Needs to do better job of coming to balance as a tackler. From zone coverage, can be a little slow to anticipate routes and squeeze the throwing windows. Gets hyper-focused on quarterback and will lose track of his assignments. Will bite on play-action bait and get drawn out of position.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

SOURCES TELL US "This guy would just as soon hit you as look at you on the football field. Hey, it's fun to watch his tape because he's already got that NFL mentality to him, but he gets way out of control too. I saw that early on in the tape. You've got to rein him in a little bit." - AFC defensive backs coach

NFL COMPARISON Mike Mitchell

BOTTOM LINE Jones is a height-weight-speed prospect to be sure, but he's not just a traits-based safety. Jones has the appetite for hitting that teams will want around the box and he has the speed and ball skills to range and help against vertical threats from a deep safety spot. The big area of concern will be Jones' ability to play with better discipline in coverage and as a tackler. He has the ability to become a good, long-time starter in the league.

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm not real thrilled with this pick based on position, but at least we got a good one. I hate it when they draft to replace a good player they probably anticipate losing - Morgan Burnett.

Packgator
04-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Pete Prisco at CBS gives the Kevin King pick by the Packers an A+. The only A+ of the 2nd round. Says Prisco, "Love this kid. Love this pick. Smart move by Ted Thompson. He's a hell of a corner".

esoxx
04-28-2017, 08:26 PM
What's Gabe Kaplan doing up there on the stage?

BOOOOOO!!! (that's for you pb)

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:26 PM
I like this. Packers have only UDFA's behind HHCD and Burnett. Plus at 6-1, 220 I could see him lining up at LB in dime packages.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 08:27 PM
another db is good. can play cb or s.

Zool
04-28-2017, 08:28 PM
I like this. Packers have only UDFA's behind HHCD and Burnett. Plus at 6-1, 220 I could see him lining up at LB in dime packages.

Maybe they can finally cover a TE soon? That would be nice

Bossman641
Jones sounds like a Burnett replacement, if he can tone down his aggressiveness

Joemailman
I'm not real thrilled with this pick based on position, but at least we got a good one. I hate it when they draft to replace a good player they probably anticipate losing - Morgan Burnett.

Would you rather they wait until they lose him and then be forced to start a rookie?

esoxx
Like the Jones pick b/c he brings some speed to the back end.

Thank you TT.

RashanGary
04-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Hmmmmm........ Burnett or this guy play lb......?

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 08:30 PM
Would you rather they wait until they lose him and then be forced to start a rookie?

I'd rather they didn't just give up on signing the guy they are ready to lose - making this a sideways move instead of a positive thing ..... but it does seem to be a good pick because as you say, he could double as a LB at times.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 08:30 PM
I was out and just getting caught up

I agree on Kamara.........good value here......

I also like RB Alvin Kamara:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/alvin-kamara?id=2558019

Zool
04-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Hmmmmm........ Burnett or this guy play lb......?

Or put them both on the field in dime and let the other team guess.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Jones sounds like a Burnett replacement, if he can tone down his aggressiveness

Hyde replacement.

Brandon494
04-28-2017, 08:34 PM
Or put them both on the field in dime and let the other team guess.

^THIS

red
04-28-2017, 08:35 PM
that size and speed combination remind me of another 2nd round safety

Brandon494
04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
that size and speed combination remind me of another 2nd round safety

Damn I miss old Nick Collins...honestly believe we would have another ring if not for his injury, he was that good for us.

Guiness
04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Just saw that the Browns did get Kizer.

red
04-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Damn I miss old Nick Collins...honestly believe we would have another ring if not for his injury, he was that good for us.

he was just becoming a special player that could change a game almost all by himself

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:42 PM
I have to admit I'm surprised at the positive reaction on this forum at TT drafting a Safety.

esoxx
04-28-2017, 08:43 PM
SF having a nice draft.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:48 PM
I have to admit I'm surprised at the positive reaction on this forum at TT drafting a Safety.

This is how TT keeps the team good.

Rather than drafting RB's or LB's who could most likely start and help immediately , he piled up depth as a position of weakness with a possible foreshadowing of one of our best defensive players leaving next year.

TT can do no wrong, of course.

wist43

Prozac and alcohol...

Joemailman
Anybody familiar with Tarell Basham? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2060979/tarell-basham

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Prozac and alcohol...

Whatever works. :glug::alc:

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:51 PM

With round two I'd rather they pick somebody who can make a more immediate impact and keep one of our best defensive players. IF Burnett leaves...there is this thing called free agency............just sayin

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:55 PM
From CBS:

Josh Jones | SS, NC State
Height: 6-1 Weight: 220
I like Jones as a player, and he will help them get past the loss of Micah Hyde.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 08:57 PM
who are our starting LB's ?

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 08:57 PM
Vikes take Pat Elflein - C - Ohio St.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:00 PM
who are our starting LB's ?

In base, Perry, Ryan, Martinez, Matthews.

Bretsky
KUDOS.....TROY VINCENT........GREAT BADGER.....SHOULDA BEEN A PACKER...GREAT MAH

wist43
With round two I'd rather they pick somebody who can make a more immediate impact and keep one of our best defensive players. IF Burnett leaves...there is this thing called free agency............just sayin

Ted is going to hit us with "... he's a good football player".

Jones can't play the slot... he looks pretty straight lineish. He doesn't have a slotted role ready for him, and Dom won't have a clue what to do with him.

Likely won't get much out of him for a couple of years... typical TT pick.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:01 PM
In base, Perry, Ryan, Martinez, Matthews.

You made my argument for immediate help in round two

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:02 PM
At Round 3 Pick NO. 7 ...what is remaining at DE?

127. Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

129. Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown St.

136. Fadol Brown, DE, Ole Miss

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Saints now have Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson and Alvin Kamara at RB.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:03 PM
JORDAN WILLIS
TIM WILLIAMS
VINCE BEIGEL

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:04 PM

can we have one ?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2017, 09:04 PM
I have no problem with our base LBs. Ryan improved a lot last year. Martinez showed potential. It's been an injury prone group though.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:05 PM
There goes Willis.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 09:06 PM
JORDAN WILLIS
TIM WILLIAMS
VINCE BEIGEL

There ya go.

I find it interesting that the Chargers are reinventing their offensive line in this draft. Melvin Gordon is getting better every round.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:06 PM
At Round 3 Pick NO. 7 ...what is remaining at DE?

127. Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

Scratch 40. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State....He's now a Bengal. They like their Bad Boys.

and...

Scratch ... 48. Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan. He is now a Baltimore Raven.

and ...

Scratch ... 57. Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Jones can't play the slot... he looks pretty straight lineish. He doesn't have a slotted role ready for him, and Dom won't have a clue what to do with him.

Likely won't get much out of him for a couple of years... typical TT pick.

That's interesting Wist because I've read that Jones can play the slot. I guess it just depends on who's analysis you want to believe.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Wormley is gone.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:12 PM
:idea:THERE GOES ATLANTA DRAFTING ANOTHER SPEED LB

SMBASS
04-28-2017, 09:14 PM

I don't understand N.O. giving up a 2nd next year and a 7th this year to move up and draft Kamara after they just signed Peterson and Ingram is just reaching his prime. Especially as sucky as their D is it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe they think because Brees is 38 now he won't have the arm strength left to throw the ball more than 15 times a game? I wasn't nearly as high on Kamara as many others so it doesn't bother me that he's off the board.

texaspackerbacker
Willis and Riley both gone - two who woulda been good to get. Tim Williams or Biegel maybe.

Bretsky
I have no problem with our base LBs. Ryan improved a lot last year. Martinez showed potential. It's been an injury prone group though.

They are both try hard guys who are backups on NFL quality defenses IMO. I like Ryan more than Martinez....I think

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:15 PM
I don't understand N.O. giving up a 2nd next year to move up and draft Kamara after they just signed Peterson and Ingram is just reaching his prime. Especially as sucky as their D is it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe they think because Brees is 38 now he won't have the arm strength left to throw the ball more than 15 times a game? I wasn't nearly as high on Kamara as many others so it doesn't bother me that he's off the board.

I was surprised too
Mayock had Kamara as his 27th best NFL prospect
Maybe they thought he was just too good to pass up there

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Williams gone - he had a lot of baggage - Ted probably wouldn't have taken him anyway.

Bretsky
THERE GOES TIM WILLIAMS

lot of value on pass rush

I sense an OL

Bretsky
Williams gone - he had a lot of baggage - Ted probably wouldn't have taken him anyway.

probably right; we'll look for the next Fackrell

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:22 PM
There goes OLB Tim Williams. A nice Raven Pick.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:23 PM

Ted will not pick anyone who might slap him around.

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Basham gone.

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
probably right; we'll look for the next Fackrell

The Next Fackrell =Hunter Dimick - This guy has TT written all over him - 5/6 round

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
My gut feeling is Morgan Burnett will get another contract. This guy is the sub-package Rover. They know 47 can't play in Nickel or Dime.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:27 PM
There goes another DE:

The Colts take DE Tarell 'Bashem' Basham ... 6'4" 269 Ohio .... Grade: 5.6

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:28 PM
SHIT...........OK........is anybody excited about anything left ? Serious run on pass rushers by teams valuing them highly

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2017, 09:30 PM
Dang, I kind of wanted Fabian Moreau and that speed. Sticky Sam replacement. I guess it's Derek Rivers or bust?

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:30 PM
At Pick NO. 83 and the Pat's first Pick in this Draft... ... Top DE's remaining:

57. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

Ooops ! Bye bye DE Derek Rivers your now a proud NE Patriot.

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 09:32 PM
TT is going to take an offensive player - WR, OL or RB, me thinks

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Derek Rivers of Youngstown State could be a possibility at OLB.

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Derek Rivers of Youngstown State could be a possibility at OLB.

He'll be gone

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:34 PM
He's gone.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Dang, I kind of wanted Fabian Moreau and that speed. Sticky Sam replacement. I guess it's Derek Rivers or bust?

Derek Rivers would have been nice; but he's gone

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:36 PM

ME TOO

I wanted TJ Watt in round one an Fabian Moreau in round two

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:37 PM
RB from Oklahoma still there

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Nico Siragusa is becoming a possibility. (Now that I said that, he'll get picked).

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:42 PM
The Packers are on the clock after five (5) more picks. Who do you like?

82. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
83. Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
84. Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
85. Cam Sutton, CB, Tennessee
86. Zach Banner, OT, USC
87. Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
88. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
89. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
90. Vince Biegel, LB, Wisconsin

91. James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
92. Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
94. Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
95. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
97. Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
98. Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
99. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
100. David Sharpe, OT, Florida

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Carl Lawson is out there, but he's very injury prone. Missed 19 of 26 games last 2 years.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2017, 09:44 PM
I don't want an RB, and I don't really know any of the OLBs left beyond Biegle, so it wouldn't surprise me if they trade back.

pittstang5
04-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Godwin is gone

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Go back to discussing The Wall with Tex.

I always end up discussing Tex with the wall.

call_me_ishmael
I could see them going Cordrea Tankersley here as well. Great size/speed prospect and excellent in press coverage.

Bretsky
In NFL.com they post BPA's and compare each player to NFL players

One just got compared to Kyri Thornton; I threw up on myself....lol

Carolina_Packer
04-28-2017, 09:48 PM
SHIT...........OK........is anybody excited about anything left ? Serious run on pass rushers by teams valuing them highly

SAMSON EBUKAM intrigues me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samson-ebukam?id=2558830

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIzADUuCWi4&t=56s

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 09:50 PM
I don't want an RB, and I don't really know any of the OLBs left beyond Biegle, so it wouldn't surprise me if they trade back.

My thoughts exactly

gbgary
is this our rb round? if so d'onta foreman from tx, or samaje perine of okla. banger types.

woodbuck27

82. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
86. Zach Banner, OT, USC

jmbarnes101
I'd like Biegle or take another CB and go with Jourdan Lewis.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 09:53 PM
shit...there goes foreman.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 09:54 PM

82. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
86. Zach Banner, OT, USC

Scratch 88. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas.

Bretsky
Biegle or Perine .......but the pick will be neither.....wish we'd have traded up and targeted somebody

call_me_ishmael
Just looking at the size/speed guys who have been on winning teams, Butt the TE and the Clemson DB are looking like good athletes that are a cut above the others at their position groups left.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd like Biegle or take another CB and go with Jourdan Lewis.

just replace most of our secondary :)

texaspackerbacker
04-28-2017, 09:55 PM
In general, I wouldn't go offense, but if we did, Dede Westbrook is one helluva a player - better IMO than most of the WRs already taken.

Maxie the Taxi
04-28-2017, 09:56 PM

82. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
86. Zach Banner, OT, USC

100. David Sharpe, OT, FloridaMy prediction.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 09:56 PM

Might as well. He's essentially admitted with the draft already that they're not good.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 09:59 PM
maybe next round.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 10:00 PM
The Boys picked CB Jourdan Lewis and we have all of this to choose from PLUS:

86. Zach Banner, OT, USC

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 10:02 PM

Scratch that idea.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 10:03 PM
Ted doesn't like Badgers; he's going offense cause we're fine with pass rush

I sense an OL...or the Perine

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 10:06 PM
My prediction.

Great value....your choice is 56. Dorian Johnson, OL, Pittsburgh

Harlan Huckleby
They needed OL help more than DL.

texaspackerbacker
I was really hoping for Westbrook. I can't complain about Adams, though.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 10:07 PM
How does this guy fit our team? I know nothing about him.

woodbuck27
04-28-2017, 10:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samaje-perine?id=2558138

Maybe ? .....RB ...SAMAJE PERINE ...OKLAHOMA BIG 12

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Cam Suttton is a good pick for Pittsburg at 94; there are plenty of cover guys left

Where are the pass rushers ?

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 10:09 PM
I was really hoping for Westbrook. I can't complain about Adams, though.

he's a rotation guy; he's underachieved til his senior season. Had a good senior year

esoxx
04-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Adams can be beastly but runs hot & cold. Great pick if, and that's a big if, they can get him to play with consistent motor.

Maybe Daniels can push him to play hard or else.

gbgary
04-28-2017, 10:12 PM
tt stumbling through presser right now. says o comes tomorrow.

jmbarnes101
04-28-2017, 10:14 PM

So he's ok with us having an underwhelming, at best, pass rush. Ok, makes sense. Sometimes it really amazes me that this team is in the playoffs every year.

Bretsky
04-28-2017, 10:14 PM

If you thrown enough crap at the wall something will stick

I'm fine if his whole draft is defense

Joemailman
04-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Prisco:

Montravius Adams | DT, Auburn
Height: 6-4 Weight: 308
This is a player who I liked more than the scouts. He can get lazy, but I like him.
B+

Don't really have a strong opinion of this guy other than to say Guion might be history. Could be a boom or bust pick.

woodbuck27
TT's Pick at NO. 93 and passing on four (4) higher ranked DT's:

Was 123. Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn

TT passed on:

101. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

122. Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

Bretsky
So he's ok with us having an underwhelming, at best, pass rush. Ok, makes sense. Sometimes it really amazes me that this team is in the playoffs every year.

AARON RODGERS