PDA

View Full Version : Official Day 3 Of The 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Joemailman
04-29-2017, 06:23 AM
Best pass rusher available is Carl Lawson of Auburn. He's been injured a lot last 2 years. What say you?

According to CBS best available player is Chad Hansen - WR - Cal. Hey Mad! He's white!

Teamcheez1
04-29-2017, 06:55 AM
Last thing we need is a guy with injury history ala Justin Harrel on the defense. I say pass on Lawson and look elsewhere.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 07:06 AM
Top of the 4th, stay true to your board, but with an on on a needed position. I think I would go RB with either Samaje Perine, OK or Marlon Mack, USF. Perine would replace the type of player Lacy is, and Mack would be like a Dalvin Cook.

With the late 4th round pick, I would go pass rusher. Here are some that look promising. Still plenty of opportunities and available talent to get a good pass rusher.

Keion Adams, OLB, Western MI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xle8yF0PMvk

Samson Ebukam, OLB, Eastern WA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvbt1ygEaWA&t=22s

Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiFvCUM34WI

Vince Biegel, OLB, WI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRY6d4duaJA

Other guys worth mentioning are

Jojo Mathis, OLB, Washington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXfMvHP8mE

Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Ln_lK7f2U

Strange Brew
04-29-2017, 07:53 AM
RB Samaje Perine and TE Bucky Hodges are must drafts today!! You can do it Teddy, the rest can be below average D linemen just to satisfy your below average D Linemen cravings!!!

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 08:33 AM
I still absolutely don't want Perine, and I think Ted will see it that way too. Also, why in the hell would we draft a TE?

I'd like to see the Packers get Vince Biegel with either the early or late 4th round pick. I also still say Dede Westbrook is an exceptional WR - enough to draft him even though we really don't need a WR. I suppose whether I like it or not, we need a RB today also. I just hope it is a speed back, not some big plodder. I'm sure Ted will pick up an O Lineman too, probably with one of the 5th round picks.

Bretsky
04-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Perine seems like the easy call here; he's BPA nearly everywhere I go but TT most likely knows better. Tex, he's been productive and looks like he could start in the NFL. Why don't you like him ? He seems like an easier call than our 1st rounder, who we almost had to draft given the current state of our secondary

Bretsky
04-29-2017, 09:11 AM
I still absolutely don't want Perine, and I think Ted will see it that way too. Also, why in the hell would we draft a TE?

I'd like to see the Packers get Vince Biegel with either the early or late 4th round pick. I also still say Dede Westbrook is an exceptional WR - enough to draft him even though we really don't need a WR. I suppose whether I like it or not, we need a RB today also. I just hope it is a speed back, not some big plodder. I'm sure Ted will pick up an O Lineman too, probably with one of the 5th round picks.

On board with Biegel as well
I'd love it if we just stack up pass rushers today
If ya thrown enough crap to the wall something will stick

Then go sign every UDFA in the secondary and OL that will come to GB

pittstang5
04-29-2017, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see us get a PR/KR today. With Hyde gone and if Davis ends up in the dog house again, we need someone to return punts. I guess Cobb could do it, but I'd rather see someone else.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 09:57 AM
I think Marlon Mack is a better overall running back than Perine. I don't think the Packers should necessarily look to replace Lacy with another Lacy like guy. Mack in my opinion is the best running back available.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't be mad if we took the OL from Pittsburgh but still hoping for my RB

Rutnstrut
04-29-2017, 09:59 AM
On board with Biegel as well
I'd love it if we just stack up pass rushers today
If ya thrown enough crap to the wall something will stick

Then go sign every UDFA in the secondary and OL that will come to GB

TT has been flinging nothing but shit at the wall for quite a while and hardly any has stuck. Time to abandon that theory.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't think Biegel will last to the end of the fourth round but if he is there the Packers should grab him. I don't think he is the overall athlete as Watt, but I think he could bring just as much value as Watt brings in the first round

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2017, 10:13 AM
A month or two ago I didn't know many of these guys from Adam. Yeah, I've seen some play. Some of the Badgers. Some Big Ten guys. A few SEC guys. I've heard of others, but haven't seen them play.

So my opinion doesn't count for much.

I do like to hear first hand accounts of guys though. Like when Fritz says he's seen a lot of Malik McDowell and the guy is a cancer. Those kinds of comments are incisive and, in this case gratifying, since McDowell went to the Seahawks and the damnable Pete Carroll.

BZnDallas
04-29-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think Biegel will last to the end of the fourth round but if he is there the Packers should grab him. I don't think he is the overall athlete as Watt, but I think he could bring just as much value as Watt brings in the first round

I agree with this. I fear the injury risk, but for a fourth rounder it's worth the gamble. He seemed like the bigger play maker last year early, while TJ was getting more up to speed.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 10:19 AM
Perine seems like the easy call here; he's BPA nearly everywhere I go but TT most likely knows better. Tex, he's been productive and looks like he could start in the NFL. Why don't you like him ? He seems like an easier call than our 1st rounder, who we almost had to draft given the current state of our secondary

This pick is a 'no brainer'. Look at his film (LINK below). Ted Thompson PLEASE pick RB Samaje Perine. I have checked and a lot of Packer fans want this guy and we need a real RB.

Samaje Perine is the obvious choice. He is out of sight strong (30 Rep's and overall solid meaureables) and a real team guy.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samaje-perine?id=2558138

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-adk-adk_sbnt&hsimp=yhs-adk_sbnt&hspart=adk&p=samaje+perine+highlights#id=1&vid=08f132e6ff9d573fbdc541d13e4c8501&action=click

I'll be disappointed if TT passes on Samaje Perine and especially so given the need.

red
04-29-2017, 10:36 AM
we need pass rush bad

i didn't like the third pick yesterday, how many fucking d-linemen do you need when you only play 2 or 3 at a time?

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Day Three Prospects for the Packers
Marlon Mack RB USF - he has some quickness and vision that is on par with the elite backs in this draft. He will try to avoid contact
Howard Wilson CB Houston - also a kick returner. has the frame and numbers but needs to mature his body
Nico Seragusa OG SDST - Mauler at offensive guard
Isaac Asiata OG Utah - Decent athlete could be a bit soft at times
Vince Beigel OLB Wisconsin - Nonstop motor loves the game
Carl Lawson OLB Auburn - Aggressive but stiff probably best athlete left as a 3-4 edge rusher
Anthony Walker Jr. MLB Northwestern - Muscle bound fellow, aggressive and has some speed 4.65 forty
Blair Brown MLB Ohio - Spark plug type player, good athlete quick, he has to get stronger
Jarron Jones DL Notre Dame - Mixed bag.
Jaleel Johnson DL Iowa - He is a hustler and has size
Noah Brown WR Ohio St -Very young and probably should have stayed in school, but he is a big bulk receiver
Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma St - painfully thin in the lower body but he is fucking fast and can run great routes
Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas - Good blocker and and offers some pretty good speed at the position
Jeremy McNichols RB Boise St - Pretty complete back decent size, not very sudden
Samaje Perine RB Oklahoma St - Big back runs like a bulldozer and is one cut and go runner
Brian Hill RB Wyoming - good size and production for an every down back, may lack vision and elite natural ability to run the football at the next level

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 10:41 AM
I think Marlon Mack is a better overall running back than Perine. I don't think the Packers should necessarily look to replace Lacy with another Lacy like guy. Mack in my opinion is the best running back available.

Here is film of your guy. He's quick and has great balance. He lacks Samaje Perine's power and strength and has excellent balance and sheds tacklers with ease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEEweKyYcDA

Samaje 'The Real Deal' Perine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Ted waiting for a call.

esoxx
04-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Yes!!!!!

esoxx
04-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Kid is a player, Biegel!!!

red
04-29-2017, 11:15 AM
there we go

sooo, defensive holes all fixed?

still could use another ILB, but i say get another o-lineman in the later 4th, then grab BPA the rest of the way

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Horrible pick

gbgary
04-29-2017, 11:16 AM
i guess they think rip can be the banger rb.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Round 4 and Pick NO. 1 ....Packers (From Browns) Biegel, Vince OLB 6'3" 246 Wisconsin 5.2

One of the popular choices here. Sadly not the RB I hoped for Samaje Perine.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 11:17 AM
maybe they'll trade up this round. wash has two up and coming picks.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:19 AM
There are still a lot of good RB's and WR's available.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Kid is a 5th round talent at best and we take him with 1st pick in the 4th...smfh

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 11:21 AM
there we go

still could use another ILB, but i say get another o-lineman in the later 4th, then grab BPA the rest of the way

They've filled defensive holes. We've got 5 more picks today, we'll get a RB, an OL, and another edge rusher.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:22 AM
I like the pick of Biegel. I think he will be a fan favorite. He certainly has a passion for playing the game, and if he can make splash plays off the edge, like Clay did in his younger playing days, he'll need a new sack dance!

ptisme
04-29-2017, 11:24 AM
there we go

I would like to see Jones fill that ILB need. Big and fast.... I remember Elliot turning the corner for Dallas and nobody being fast enough to knock him out of bounds before he turned up field.... Jones is fast enough... Hybrid...

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Biegel arguably is just as good as T.J. Watt. He had the foot injury, and even when he came back he probably wasn't 100% - the reason for a lesser senior season and falling in the draft. I don't think there is anything chronic about the injury, so if/when he is healed, he ought to be at least as good as his junior season - which was damn good.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Round 4 and Pick NO. 1 ....Packers (From Browns) Biegel, Vince OLB 6'3" 246 Wisconsin 5.2

Here are the Top Prospects remaining when TT made his pick at the top of Round Four:

56. Dorian Johnson, OL, Pittsburgh
58. Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
59. Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado

64. Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU

65. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

70. Desmond King, CB, Iowa

74. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
76. Josh Malone, WR, Tennessee
77. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

81. Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming

83. Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
84. Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
86. Zach Banner, OT, USC
87. Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
89. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

90. Vince Biegel, LB, Wisconsin

92. Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
95. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
97. Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell
98. Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
99. Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
100. David Sharpe, OT, Florida

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:34 AM
There goes Perine to the Redskins.

SMBASS
04-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Well, the Badger/Packers homers have to be happy. Biegel is a decent player but I would have preferred that we took either Perine or Mack with that pick. Evidently TT still has nightmares from the Falcon game so he's hell bent on adding more bodies to the D and trying to do something about it. I'm feel pretty, "meh" about these last two picks but I hope Biegel and Adams work out for us.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
I wonder if they still could have drafted Biegel at 29 in the 4th if they had picked up Perine with the first pick. Clearly the Packers valued picking Biegel in that spot and not risk losing him. Now, perhaps they can go Marlon Mack at the end of the 4th.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 11:38 AM
well dang it. guess i'll take the dogs for a walk. smh

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 11:38 AM
Samaje Perine is the 9th RB picked in this Draft and is now a Washington Redskin:

Round 4 ....Pick NO. 7 (114) Redskins (From Jets) Perine, Samaje RB 5'11" 233 Oklahoma 5.6

The bigger and higher graded RB's (220-240 lbs and 5.4 or higher grades) are off the board leaving possible targets:

Clement, Corey RB 5'10" 220 Wisconsin 5.2
Green, Tion RB 6'0" 230 Cincinnati 5.2
Yearby, Joe RB 5'9" 200 Miami 5.1
Rogers, Sam FB 5'10" 231 Virginia Tech 5.1
Carson, Christopher RB 6'0" 218 Oklahoma St. 5.1
Mays, Devante RB 5'11" 230 Utah St. 5.1
Smith, De'Veon RB 5'11" 223 Michigan 5.1
Shell, Rushel RB 5'10" 227 West Virginia 5.1
Ogunbowale, Dare RB 5'11" 213 Wisconsin 5.1

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Biegel arguably is just as good as T.J. Watt. He had the foot injury, and even when he came back he probably wasn't 100% - the reason for a lesser senior season and falling in the draft. I don't think there is anything chronic about the injury, so if/when he is healed, he ought to be at least as good as his junior season - which was damn good.

My feeling is that if TJ Watt's last name was Biegel, they would have gone within a round of each other. Both good, not great pass rushers. Smart, pretty fluid, with good measurable. Last year, Biegel would have gone in the late 2nd, early 3rd, because of the lack of edge players. Good pick.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Yes was doing so well then he had to fuck it up and draft need over BPA....so pissed right now

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Yes was doing so well then he had to fuck it up and draft need over BPA....so pissed right now

So I take it you didn't have him anywhere close to beginning of the 4th?

SMBASS
04-29-2017, 11:47 AM

Just curious Brandon, who did you want Ted to take with that pick? As I said, I would have preferred Perine or Mack there.

BZnDallas
04-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Have a feeling Ted is going to revisit Free Agency to get his RB. Maybe Blount, maybe Jamal Charles. Just a feeling.

red
04-29-2017, 11:50 AM
the philly shit is getting real old. i might be done for the day after our next pick cause i just can't take it anymore

red
04-29-2017, 11:51 AM
Have a feeling Ted is going to revisit Free Agency to get his RB. Maybe Blount, maybe Jamal Charles. Just a feeling.

there is some decent stop gap guys out there

they may be 30, but we don't need them to be 1500 yard rushers

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 11:51 AM
My guy Tarik Cohen just went to the Bears. He went to school at NC A&T just up the road in Greensboro. He's exciting to watch. Perhaps the next Darren Sproles. I wanted him.

BZnDallas
04-29-2017, 11:56 AM
there is some decent stop gap guys out there

they may be 30, but we don't need them to be 1500 yard rushers

I agree. The talent in the back field could open new holes.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Good the Redskins grabbed Perine so he didn't become our problem. Hopefully we won't go with some other big clod either. Mack, however, wouldn't be too bad.

Brandon494
Just curious Brandon, who did you want Ted to take with that pick? As I said, I would have preferred Perine or Mack there.

Perine all day

red
decent interview with biegel from the combine. says he can add a bit of weight or lose a little and feels comfortable playing OLB or ILB in a 3-4. sounds about like what we need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7HMOFZClqE

red
04-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Good the Redskins grabbed Perine so he didn't become our problem. Hopefully we won't go with some other big clod either. Mack, however, wouldn't be too bad.

the problem with taking mack would be, who is your shot yardage guy? the fumbler, rip?

thats where blount would be a real nice addition

jmbarnes101
04-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Getting Biegle actually makes me feel better about drafting King yesterday. We needed an OLB badly.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Some may scoff, but if John Crockett recovered from his injury and can give it another go this training camp, he may surprise. I liked him as a UDFA out of ND State.

Guiness
04-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Dorian Johnson who's been at the top of Woodbuck's list for about 2 rounds now finally goes to the Cardinals.

Looks like Brantley might end up going undrafted? Situations like his (and La'el Collins) should go into the supplemental draft.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Anybody like this guy? :

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 12:25 PM
the problem with taking mack would be, who is your shot yardage guy? the fumbler, rip?

Damn straight, Ripkowski. One fumble does not a fumbler make. No way in hell we should get Blount or any other big slow piece of crap.

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Some may scoff, but if John Crockett recovered from his injury and can give it another go this training camp, he may surprise. I liked him as a UDFA out of ND State.

I've been saying that too.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Anybody like this guy? :

This RB just went:

26 (132) Eagles (From Vikings through Chiefs) Pumphrey, Donnel RB 5'8" 176 San Diego St. Grade at 5.3

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 12:29 PM
I doubt it will happen, but Corey Clement wouldn't be a bad pick also - hell yeah I'm a HOMER.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Top Prospects remaining at TT's Pick in Round Four Pick NO. 28 and 134 overall:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803469/article/2017-nfl-draft-tracker-best-players-available

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tubrdY1jr8o

pittstang5
04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Welp, there's your RB - Jamal Williams

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Jamaal Williams - wouldn't have been my choice, but not a horrible pick

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 12:37 PM
OK so TT does pick a RB but I'm not overjoyed about this selection.:

Round 4 Pick NO. 28 (134 Overall) Packers Williams, Jamaal RB 6'0" 212 BYU 5.3

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jamaal-williams?id=2558204

OVERVIEW

Williams led the Cougars in rushing in all four seasons in which he played, even though he has had off-field and injury issues during his time in Provo. The all-state pick from California played immediately as a true freshman, starting eight games and rushing for 755 yards and 12 touchdowns on 166 carries. He also added 315 yards and a touchdown on 27 receptions. Williams was an FBS All-Independent team pick as the full-time starter in 2013, gaining 1,233 yards and scoring seven times on 217 totes (18-125 receiving). His junior season was derailed by a knee injury and suspension for multiple team code violations, including an underage drinking citation. He rushed for 518 yards and four scores in seven games that year, still leading the team in rushing. Williams sat out the 2015 season entirely after withdrawing from school for personal reasons, always intending to return for his senior season the following fall. He carried the mail for the Cougars 234 times in 2016, accumulating 1,375 yards and scoring 12 times, though he missed three games with an ankle injury. He finished fifth in the country with 137.5 yards per game last fall, in part thanks to a 287-yard, five-touchdown effort against Toledo before the ankle injury occurred.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Carries NFL size with a muscular build and good height. Able to bend at point of impact and attack with decent leverage. Uses his stiff arm as a weapon to escape tackles on an angle. Decisive runner. Sees it and goes. Not into dancing. Has a functional spin move he uses to spin out of tackles and grind out a few extra yards. Keeps his feet churning through contact. Above average ball security with a fumble rate of 140 (one fumble every 140 carries).

WEAKNESSES

Bulls through running lanes crashing into blockers rather than shifting with the contours. Doesn't have athleticism to create early yardage for himself. Missing a functional jump cut for sudden shift from gap to gap once line of scrimmage muddies. Hit or miss with run lanes he chooses. Excessive forward lean creates issues with contact balance. Too easily felled by arm tackles. Banger, but not a tackle breaker. Doesn't have the speed to turn the corner when runs spill outside.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 4-5

SOURCES TELL US "He's not very dynamic as a runner so he needs to carve out a niche for himself as a physical backup who can go cover on kickoffs. He hasn't been a special teams guy but he better start." - AFC West regional scout

NFL COMPARISON Stepfan Taylor

BOTTOM LINE His NFL size and physical nature give him a shot to make the back-end of the running back depth chart, but his inability to create for himself with broken tackles and elusiveness puts a ceiling on his draft value.

-Lance Zierlein

pittstang5
04-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Not impressed with this pick. I think there other players better at this spot then this guy. So, Whatever.

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 12:42 PM
I was thinking more of a Marlon Mack who does have better feet, better athleticism to make you miss. Woodbuck mentioned Brian Hill out of Wyoming. I like him too, as he seemed to be a poor man's Joe Mixon with size and speed. Well, we have Jamaal Williams now. I hope he is a difference maker.

Tony Oday
04-29-2017, 12:42 PM
He will be a great change of pace to Jamaal Charles

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Nice. He was my sleeper pick. Reminds a bit of James Starks. Not quite as athletic coming out.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 12:47 PM
smallish (smaller than monty by 20 lbs +-), seems tenacious. this pick pretty much confirms Rip is the banger.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Fucking horse shit

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 12:50 PM
RB sucks

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Ted shitting the bed today

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 12:51 PM
It sure looks to me like TT blew it in this round.

He could have taken a far better RB at the top of this round ie Samaje Perine and likely secured LB Vince Biegel with his last pick in this round.

Ted Thompson P L E A S E retire.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Ted shitting the bed today

i'll bet this is ted's last draft. he's painful to listen to speak. 64 but seems 84.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2017, 12:55 PM
smallish (smaller than monty by 20 lbs +-), seems tenacious. this pick pretty much confirms Rip is the banger.

Slightly taller and 9 pounds lighter than Montgomery coming out.

Freak Out
04-29-2017, 12:55 PM

Rip shouldn't be an answer at RB. Dude will always be remembered for the fumble.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Slightly taller and 9 pounds lighter than Montgomery coming out.

i bet they had monty put on a little weight this off season...muscle and cushion. lol

don't think he's the 216 he's listed at anymore.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2017, 12:58 PM
I just read the blurb on him on NFL.com and apparently Jeremiah has compared him to Starks. I had not heard the comparison before I posted. That actually made me feel pretty good.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2017, 01:00 PM
i bet they had monty put on a little weight this off season...muscle and cushion. lol

Monty is big enough for his height. He doesn't need to put on more weight. Weight wise he's heavier than average.

SMBASS
04-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Just not very excited about the last 3 picks. Adams, Biegel, Williams... I hope they prove me wrong and end up being good players. Isn't the first and won't be the last time I disagree with whatever TT is doing so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

gbgary
04-29-2017, 01:03 PM
o-line is next probably.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:04 PM
It sure looks to me like TT blew it in this round.

He could have taken a far better RB at the top of this round ie Samaje Perine and likely secured LB Vince Biegel with his last pick in this round.

Ted Thompson P L E A S E retire.

Exactly, Perine would have came in right away as a starter smh

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:05 PM
I just read the blurb on him on NFL.com and apparently Jeremiah has compared him to Starks. I had not heard the comparison before I posted. That actually made me feel pretty good.

Looks like him but doesn't run like him.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 01:07 PM
The pass on Perine is egregious. My God that was an easy call. Now they can still grab another RB somewhere in there. I do like Mack but someone should also find info on Jeremy McNichols. Since we just drafted an average plodder, we might as well grab a Mack/McNichols and get a different type on the roster. I guess TY is the GUY.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Marlon Mack to INDY!!! LMAO

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 01:15 PM
After TT picked a RB Jamaal Williams Graded at 5.3 these two RB's came off the Board:

At Round Four Pick 34 (140) The Giants pick RB Wayne Gallman ...6'0" - 215 lbs Fr. Clemson .... Grade = 5.4

At Round Four Pick 37(143) The Colts (Compensatory Selection - From 49ers) Pick RB Marlon Mack 5'11" - 213 lbs ... Fr. South Florida .... Grade = 5.5

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 01:19 PM
The pass on Perine is egregious. My God that was an easy call. Now they can still grab another RB somewhere in there. I do like Mack but someone should also find info on Jeremy McNichols. Since we just drafted an average plodder, we might as well grab a Mack/McNichols and get a different type on the roster. I guess TY is the GUY.

To ensure all Packerrats get your post right !

egregious (adjective)

definition:

1. outstandingly bad; shocking.

Ted Thompson only had to turn on the NFL Network to get a clearer picture in terms of getting his first pick today right. Sadly Ted Thompson has to do it the Ted Thompson (scratch your head TT way). Way too often then you can count on another TT Bust.

Ted Thompson will be remembered for ONE fortunate move.

Aaron Rodgers fell to him and he drafted him.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Who was the last TT pick we didn't like who surprised us? Can't think of one

gbgary
04-29-2017, 01:23 PM
fooooour mooooore picks...and it's finally over. i usually can't wait for the draft and am totally into it all day.

not. this. time.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:28 PM

I know we hated Rodgers

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:29 PM
I know we hated Collins

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:29 PM
We weren't particularly in love with Nelson.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Redskins crushing this draft

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:31 PM
I know we hated Rodgers

I liked both Rodgers and Collins haha

texaspackerbacker
To ensure all Packerrats get your post right !

egregious (adjective)

definition:

1. outstandingly bad; shocking.

Ted Thompson only had to turn on the NFL Network to get a clearer picture in terms of getting his first pick today right. Sadly Ted Thompson has to do it the Ted Thompson (scratch your head TT way). Way too often then you can count on another TT Bust.

hahahahaha "egregious" is that so many in here actually wanted the Packers to draft Perine.

Brohm
No one knew who Josh Sitton was

Brandon494
People hated Rodgers because of Farve...no one was knocking his game play.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:32 PM
No one knew who Josh Sitton was

I liked him too lmao...he had good scouting reports coming out, same with Lang.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 01:33 PM
We weren't particularly in love with Nelson.

I loved that pick.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
People hated Rodgers because of Farve...no one was knocking his game play.

Many disliked his game play. They thought a Tedford QB was a bad pick.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
I gues James Jones haha

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Many disliked his game play. They thought a Tedford QB was a bad pick.

They were finding reasons to hate him because we used a 1st on a QB when we still had Farve. He was a steal where we picked him...still can't believe he slid when there were rumors about him being 1st overall.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 01:36 PM
I know we hated Collins

Collins was a surprise pick.

If there was one Packerrat that claimed otherwise I'd call BS !

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Collins was a surprise pick.

If there was one Packerrat that claimed otherwise I'd call BS !

He was a surprise pick being from a smaller college but once we read the scouting reports and saw the 4.3 speed I don't remember many being pissed about the pick.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:42 PM
We've hated many TT picks. Usually we look at the ratings on one site and think he's lost his mind. I promise that I don't watch hundreds of hours of tape on these guys so I can't really judge one against another. I have seen a few Oklahoma games and I thought Perine was good. Never saw a single BYU game so I can't judge Williams. We did need a RB though. I just didn't think we needed one as much as we needed an edge rusher.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:45 PM
I can't think of one TT pick where I hated a guy and he turned out good...hope I'm wrong with both these picks.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:46 PM
See if he can redeem himself in this round and take Isaiah Ford from VT with one of the picks .

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 01:48 PM
I expect we'll draft another edge rusher and another RB somewhere in our last 4 picks.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 01:52 PM
There goes McNichols to TB!! They are friggin LOADED on offense.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Yup Bucs having a very nice draft

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 01:58 PM
I would say now maybe Aaron Jones of UTEP for a good RB fit. Someone else mentioned Isaiah Ford who I REALLY like alot. Also Noah Brown would be a great big body WR who I think still can develop in the league.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Bucs have Evans, DJax and Chris Godwin at WR. Brate and OJ Howard at TE. Martin Sims and McNichols at RB. ANd Winston probably one of the best young QB's out there.

bobblehead
04-29-2017, 02:01 PM
I would say now maybe Aaron Jones of UTEP for a good RB fit. Someone else mentioned Isaiah Ford who I REALLY like alot. Also Noah Brown would be a great big body WR who I think still can develop in the league.

VPF is that you in your avatar? If so, do you watch games at BWW on Hualapi every so often?

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Quite frankly I do not see much remaining to get too excited about. Even the Lad's on the NFL Network are getting drunk.

Ted: A suggestion.....

Simply get your Draft Board out and throw darts for the remaining picks.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 02:14 PM
VPF is that you in your avatar? If so, do you watch games at BWW on Hualapi every so often?

Ya - that's me in Dallas after the SB Win! Got to attend and spend the weekend there with my wife. I DO go to that BWW every now and then to watch a game. That's my side of town too. I live just off Hualapai and Sahara. You go there I take it?

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Here are the TOP Prospects with two teams left to pick before the Packers (minus... RB Brian Hill who went to the Falcons):

101. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
103. Ricky Seals-Jones, TE, Texas A&M
106. Ishmael Zamora, WR, Baylor
107. Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
113. Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

116. KD Cannon, WR, Baylor
119. Danny Isidora, OG, Miami
135. Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee St.
136. Fadol Brown, DE, Ole Miss

137. Collin Buchanan, OT, Miami (Ohio)
138. Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M
145. Jalen Myrick, CB, Minnesota
146. Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
147. Brandon Barnes, TE, Alabama St.

TT traded this pick to Denver and moves down three spots.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Packers trade back.

Cheesehead Craig
04-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Like the Biegel pick. Know nothing about the RB. We'll have to wait until the pads come on to see how things go.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Got an extra late 7th for moving back 4 spots.

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Wr DeAngelo Yancey

Teamcheez1
04-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Got an extra late 7th for moving back 4 spots.

Gives us an extra body instead of the UDFA dance.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Unreal...fuck this shit

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Packers trade back.

TT Picks next at Round Five Pick NO. 32 ( 175 Overall):

TT Picks from these Top Prospects ... PLUS:

101. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

119. Danny Isidora, OG, Miami

red
04-29-2017, 02:31 PM
who the hell is this guy?

classic TT, projected UDFA

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 02:31 PM
He went on visits to the Seahawks, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals, Texans, Packers, Raiders, Patriots, and Titans. Much more highly regarded than scouting publications gave him credit for.

pbmax
04-29-2017, 02:32 PM

Many liked Pryor over HaHa. Not really a surprise though, just preference.

pittstang5
04-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Wow...so many Wrs I'd take before this clown.....Ford, Brown.....wasted pick

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:33 PM
TT decides on this Pick:

Round Five NO. 32 (175 Overall) Packers (From Broncos through Browns and Patriots) WR DeAngelo Yancey and he's 6'2" and 201 lbs of very very RAW Prospect out of Purdue and Graded at 4.9.

Thanks Ted !

red
04-29-2017, 02:33 PM
regional scout
BOTTOM LINE Four year letterman who has relied on quantity for his production totals. Yancey is a stiff-hipped vertical receiver only with good size but below average hands. A team could sniff around on him on Day 3, but he will struggle to uncover against NFL man coverage.

sounds like nothing special

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Matt Waldman compares Yancey to JAVON WALKER in his rookie profile publication. That was even before the Packers drafted him. Everything I read says very underrated and was probably held back by his QB/System at Purdue. I like it.

red
TT decides on this Pick:

Round Five NO. 32 (175 Overall) Packers (From Broncos through Browns and Patriots) WR DeAngelo Yancey and he's 6'2" and 201 lbs of very very RAW Prospect out of Purdue and Graded at 4.9.

Thanks Ted !

how is he very raw when he started all 4 years in the big 10?

Brandon494
Many liked Pryor over HaHa. Not really a surprise though, just preference.

Yea but everyone liked the HaHa pick

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 02:35 PM
WR reminds me of James Jones honestly but still a bad pick imo...not excited about any of these picks today

pbmax
04-29-2017, 02:35 PM

Its probably unwise to bet against Thompson over WRs.

pbmax
04-29-2017, 02:36 PM

He was a name, but not the first choice. He was also a need fit. And that is normally the bad news.

red
04-29-2017, 02:36 PM

i loved pryor when he was a 6'3 safety, i started to like haha more when pryor become a 5'10 safety

loved the haha pick

VegasPackFan
04-29-2017, 02:37 PM
Yancey’s 4.48-second 40, 4.24-second 20-Shuttle,
and dazzling 6.84-second 3-Cone time should be
waking the league up late in the pre-draft process.
After all, Purdue hasn’t been a hotbed for
quarterbacking since Drew Brees left.
Based on the tape that I saw, inconsistent
quarterback play factors into why he didn’t catch 50
percent of his targets during his career. While he’s
not as quick-twitch with routes in the short area of
the field as I’d like to see, there’s a lot of promise
with his intermediate and vertical game. At 220
pounds, Yancey is a power receiver with quickness
and that style wins, too.
Yancey is a smart route runner. He works back to his
quarterback, and he'll set up zone routes with good
timing, especially when other teammates are
involved in creating a bind for cornerbacks.

red
04-29-2017, 02:39 PM
most people didn't think we had a chance at Haha because he was projected to go well before our pick. so everyone focused on the other safties, pryor being the stand out of the group. therefore everyone was looking at us to draft pryor

we ended up with the better player though

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:41 PM

Here is your brand new Packer WR !!! DeAngelo Yancey out of Purdue:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/deangelo-yancey?id=2558025

OVERVIEW
Purdue has won a total of nine games in the four years Yancey has been on campus, so he's flown a bit under the radar. The Atlanta native has been a strong part of any success the team has had since 2013, however. As a true freshman, he started five games, catching 32 passes for 546 yards and two touchdowns. He was a part-time starter again in 2014 (seven starts, 12-147, three TDs) before hitting his stride as a junior. Yancey led the Boilermakers with 700 yards on 48 receptions, scoring five times in the process. For the second year in the row, he paced the squad with 951 yards on 49 catches and 10 touchdowns, earning third-team All-Big Ten accolades in the process.

ANALYSIS:

STRENGTHS Good size with sturdy frame. Averaged 19.4 yards per touch his senior season. Has build up speed and can climb over top if his runway is long enough. Active hands on vertical routes to create late separation. Can extend frame to pluck the high throw. Can track throws over his shoulder and watch them all the way in. Works away from cornerbacks on comebacks and hitch throws to create a cleaner window for quarterback. Will get in the way and run interference as a blocker.

WEAKNESSES Short stepper missing quick feet to shake press coverage off the snap. Upright and slow into his routes. Stiff into his breaks with prolonged gear down. Lacks burst out of breaks and double moves aren't quick enough to create the easy throwing window. Quality man coverage can smother him. Failed to catch at least 50 percent of targeted throws in any season at Purdue. Vertical sell to setup short and intermediate is unconvincing. Drops have been an issue throughout his career.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7-PFA

SOURCES TELL US "Priority free agent. Has to play down the field because he's not going to get open underneath. He's got size and can run a little bit so he's got a chance." -- AFC South regional scout

BOTTOM LINE Four year letterman who has relied on quantity for his production totals. Yancey is a stiff-hipped vertical receiver only with good size but below average hands. A team could sniff around on him on Day 3, but he will struggle to uncover against NFL man coverage.

-Lance Zierlein

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 02:44 PM
RB Aaron Junes

VegasPackFan
YES!!!! AARON JONES, RB UTEP!!!

beveaux1
Jones UTEP

gbgary
04-29-2017, 02:46 PM
no o-lineman yet. surprises me a bit.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:47 PM
The Packers are on the clock again and by the way TT can sure use up most of the time available to him. I doubt that any team takes longer on average to make a pick.:

TT picks:

In Round Five and Pick 39 (182 Overall) Packers (Compensatory Selection) ... RB Aaron Jones ... 5'9" and 208 lbs ... Texas-El Paso .... GRADE AT 5.0

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 02:48 PM
He was a name, but not the first choice. He was also a need fit. And that is normally the bad news.

Maybe but some but if you looked back I was high on HaHa the whole time and loved the pick.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 02:49 PM
Finally a good pick...he'll be better then the guy we drafted in the 4th.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/aaron-jones?id=2558116

RB ...AARON JONES ...TEXAS-EL PASO ... CONFERENCE USA ... Grade at 5.08

OVERVIEW

Aaron and his twin brother, Alvin, were El Paso kids that weren't highly rated, so staying around home made sense. It's worked out well for UTEP, as Alvin has led the team in tackles the past two years while Aaron amassed over 4,000 rushing yards during his career. Aaron led the Miners with 811 yards as a freshman, scoring four times, even though he missed three games due to a broken rib. Healthy throughout 2014, he earned second-team All-Conference USA honors with 1,321 yards (5.5 per) and 11 scores (also 30-293, three TDs receiving). The good luck didn't stay in his junior year, however, as he suffered a torn ligament in his left ankle in practice. Jones exploded in 2016 after that redshirt year, ranking fourth in the FBS with 1,773 rushing yards and scoring 17 times (28-233, three TDs receiving). He was a first-team All-Conference USA pick in his final year.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 02:56 PM
With the completion of Round Five these are the remaining NFL.Com TOP 150:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803469/article/2017-nfl-draft-tracker-best-players-available

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 03:01 PM
An uninspiring day for me as a Packer fan. TT didn't as I see it have a good round four.

I can't see much hope for the WR he chose in Round Five.

smuggler
04-29-2017, 03:58 PM
Can't say I'm too excited about day 3. Best thing we've done is trade back in round 5. We have three picks left, maybe we'll luck out with one of those. The two RBs do not seem like NFL players to me.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 04:01 PM

WEAKNESSES: Short stepper missing quick feet to shake press coverage off the snap. Upright and slow into his routes. Stiff into his breaks with prolonged gear down. Lacks burst out of breaks and double moves aren't quick enough to create the easy throwing window. Quality man coverage can smother him. Failed to catch at least 50 percent of targeted throws in any season at Purdue. Vertical sell to setup short and intermediate is unconvincing. Drops have been an issue throughout his career.

He is likely at best a STer **

** DRAFT ANALYSIS:

" Yancey's productive senior season earned him NFL looks and Green Bay likely saw enough potential as a downfield receiver to take him at this point. He'll need to earn his keep on special teams early." --Mark Dulgerian

smuggler
04-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Jarron Jones, DT
Eli Qualls, DT
Collin Buchanan, OL
Isaiah Ford, WR
Noah Brown, WR
Travis Rudolph, WR
Malachi Dupre, WR
Brian Cox Jr, LB
Eli Lee, LB

best cats left

beveaux1
04-29-2017, 04:06 PM
T Kofi Amichia

pbmax
04-29-2017, 04:10 PM

Have you seen Purdue play offense in the last 6 years?

They seriously have had no idea what to do. They are on their fourth offensive system since Joe Tiller retired.

They keep doing the Browns thing, changing horses midstream. One spread, zone read comes in, takes three years to recruit his guys, they are playing terribly, he is fired. Then next coach with different system comes in and can't run their system with the old players. Needs to recruit all new. Then is fired and new guy with system comes in and

Lather, rinse, repeat.

pbmax
04-29-2017, 04:12 PM
T Kofi Amichia

If that is the pick then I just picked up a boatload of points in the Contest!

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2017, 04:12 PM
T Kofi AmichiaPure SPARQ draftee.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Jarron Jones, DT
Eli Qualls, DT
Collin Buchanan, OL
Isaiah Ford, WR
Noah Brown, WR
Travis Rudolph, WR
Malachi Dupre, WR
Brian Cox Jr, LB
Eli Lee, LB

best cats left

When TT selected at WR ( DeAngelo Yancey - Grade 4.9) he had all of these other options (plus one more off the board (Trent Taylor) after that TT Pick) who were graded higher by NFL.Com:

Ford, Isaiah WR 6'1" 194 Virginia Tech 5.5
Brown, Noah WR 6'2" 222 Ohio St. 5.5
Rudolph, Travis WR 6'0" 189 Florida St. 5.4
Dupre, Malachi WR 6'2" 196 LSU 5.4
Scott, Artavis WR 5'10" 193 Clemson 5.4
Dural, Travin WR 6'1" 202 LSU 5.4
Zamora, Ishmael WR 6'4" 215 Baylor 5.4
Hatcher, Keon WR 6'1" 212 Arkansas 5.3
Hogan, Krishawn WR 6'3" 222 Marian (IN) 5.3
Coley, Stacy WR 6'0" 195 Miami 5.3
Staples, Jamari WR 6'3" 195 Louisville 5.3
Stringfellow, Damore'ea WR 6'2" 211 Mississippi 5.3
Cannon, KD WR 5'11" 182 Baylor 5.3
Patrick, Tim WR 6'5" 210 Utah 5.2
Robinette, Jalen WR 6'3" 220 Air Force 5.2
Etta-Tawo, Amba WR 6'1" 208 Syracuse 5.2
Adeboyejo, Quincy WR 6'3" 197 Mississippi 5.2
Marks, Gabe WR 5'11" 189 Washington St. 5.2
Brown, Billy WR 6'4" 255 Shepherd 5.1
White, Tim WR 5'11" 175 Arizona State 5.1
Bourne, Kendrick WR 6'1" 203 Eastern Washington 5.0
Morgan, Drew WR 6'0" 190 Arkansas 5.0
Rector, Michael WR 6'0" 193 Stanford 5.0
Pascal, Zach WR 6'2" 219 Old Dominion 5.0

smuggler
04-29-2017, 04:15 PM
I tend to give TT the benefit of the doubt at WR, but yeah not the guy I would have taken.

wpony
04-29-2017, 04:17 PM
I actually like this years draft so far for the Packers I am not crazy about Yancy but the rest of them will help fill holes or even start or be decent back ups. I know a few need more extra training and will probably go to practice squad this year I even checked most of the sports analyzers and they agreed that most of the packers picks were good and rated B or above at least for the first 4 rounds so lets just sit back and see whats happen and give the guy that actually sees all the tapes and gets all the scouting reports and put a little trust in them, I hope every one is having a great weekend

pbmax
04-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Pure SPARQ draftee.

Yep. BTW, you should get credit for finding that site. Really makes comparing them much more simple and its far more accurate than a list of numbers from their workout.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Here is everything you need to know about TT's Pick in Round Six. It may not be inspirational. :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/kofi-amichia?id=2558855

Well at least (maybe) Center Kofi Amichia out of S. Florida AAC is a handsome man, because he sure doesn't appear useful.

Even Red Green is scratching his head over this last TT Pick.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Yep. BTW, you should get credit for finding that site. Really makes comparing them much more simple and its far more accurate than a list of numbers from their workout.I hope he works out. That means that the two top candidates to take over Lang's position long term -- Patrick and Amichia -- are top rated SPARQ guys.

(By the way, nice play!)

pbmax
04-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Rob Reischel‏ @robreischel

Most believe Amichia projects as OG. Fits #Packers pattern of turning tackles into guards.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 04:28 PM
Here is everything you need to know about TT's Pick in Round Six. It may not be inspirational. :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/kofi-amichia?id=2558855

Well at least (maybe) Center Kofi Amichia out of S. Florida AAC is a handsome man, because he sure doesn't appear useful.

Even Red Green is scratching his head over this last TT Pick.

Here are all of the OLman available when TT made this last Sixth Round pick:

Buchanan, Collin OL 6'5" 316 Miami (OH) 5.5
Collins, Aviante OT 6'4" 295 TCU 5.4
Gennesy, Avery OT 6'3" 318 Texas A&M 5.4
Mama, Damien G 6'3" 334 USC 5.4
Toth, Jon C 6'5" 307 Kentucky 5.3
Dunker, Jessamen G 6'4" 318 Tennessee St. 5.2
Seaton, Brad OT 6'7" 310 Villanova 5.2
Eldrenkamp, Jake OG 6'5" 297 Washington 5.2
Orlosky, Tyler C 6'3" 298 West Virginia 5.2
Ware, Jylan OT 6'8" 295 Alabama St. 5.2
Austell, Erik OT 6'3" 301 Charleston Southern 5.2
Lee, Cameron OG 6'5" 312 Illinois St. 5.2
Cooper, Ethan OL 6'2" 322 Indiana (PA) 5.1
Fuller, Kyle C 6'5" 307 Baylor 5.1
Ugokwe, Jerry OT 6'7" 321 William & Mary 5.1
Joseph, Dieugot OT 6'6" 293 Florida International 5.1
Pankey, Adam OG 6'5" 324 West Virginia 5.1
Skipper, Dan OT 6'10" 309 Arkansas 5.1
Kalis, Kyle OG 6'4" 308 Michigan 5.0
Bond, Deyshawn C 6'2" 287 Cincinnati 5.0
Braden, Ben OG 6'6" 329 Michigan 5.0
Wheeler, Chad C 6'7" 306 USC 5.0
Magnuson, Erik OG 6'6" 305 Michigan 5.0
Norton, Storm OT 6'8" 311 Toledo 4.9
Leff, Robert OT 6'6" 299 Auburn 4.9
Myers, Levon OT 6'5" 309 Northern Illinois 4.9
Heck, Jon OT 6'7" 300 North Carolina 4.9
Kozan, Alex OG 6'4" 300 Auburn 4.9
Goodman, Evan OG 6'4" 306 Arizona State 4.9
Croston, Cole OT 6'5" 295 Iowa 4.9
Brunskill, Daniel OT 6'5" 273 San Diego St. 4.9
Knappe, Andreas OT 6'8" 325 Connecticut 4.9
Scelfo, Joe C 6'1" 300 N.C. State 4.9
Rich, Max OT 6'7" 315 Harvard 4.9
Pyke, Greg OG 6'6" 325 Georgia 4.9
Johnson, Zack OG 6'4" 317 North Dakota St. 4.9
Crowley, Lucas C 6'3" 269 North Carolina 4.9
Andrews, Gavin OG 6'5" 340 Oregon St. 4.9
Theaker, Nate OG 6'5" 315 Wayne St. (MI) 4.9
Leamon, Javarius OL 6'7" 332 South Carolina St. 4.9
Treadway, Bret C 6'3" 249 Lamar 4.9
Salako, Victor OT 6'6" 335 Oklahoma St. 4.8
Tom, Cameron C 6'4" 287 Southern Miss 4.8
Clayborn, Jamaal C 6'4" 315 Mississippi St. 4.8
Peterson, Caleb OG 6'5" 300 North Carolina 4.8
Are, Kareem OG 6'6" 325 Florida St. 4.8
McLaughlin, Jonathan OT 6'5" 313 Virginia Tech 4.8
Hughley, Tobijah C 6'3" 291 Louisville 4.8
Keizur, Cam C 6'4" 320 Portland St. 4.8
McMeans, Anthony C 6'2" 313 New Mexico St. 4.8
Caspers, Johnny C 6'4" 292 Stanford 4.8

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2017, 04:33 PM
They must have seen something in Yancey to draft him. It's everyone's right to have a dissenting opinion. I'll just say I don't know squat about many of these players, and it will be fun to see if they can play at this level.

wthigoot
04-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Have you seen Purdue play offense in the last 6 years?

They seriously have had no idea what to do. They are on their fourth offensive system since Joe Tiller retired.

They keep doing the Browns thing, changing horses midstream. One spread, zone read comes in, takes three years to recruit his guys, they are playing terribly, he is fired. Then next coach with different system comes in and can't run their system with the old players. Needs to recruit all new. Then is fired and new guy with system comes in and

Lather, rinse, repeat.

As a Purdue alum this has been pretty disappointing.

They have had some good quarterbacks that transferred (Etling is starting at LSU, and Appleby had some starts at Florida this year). Yancey has played with at least four different starting QBs, and only this year was the starter the same for the full year.

Also under the last coach (Hazell), they tried to run more but couldn't get the OL recruits to be able to do it. A real mess.
If Yancey had another year there he might have a better ranking, as the Brohms came in from Western Kentucky and will be throwing it all over the yard.

Thanks for the welcomes, pbmax and Smidgeon, in the contest thread.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 04:51 PM
As a Purdue alum this has been pretty disappointing.

They have had some good quarterbacks that transferred (Etling is starting at LSU, and Appleby had some starts at Florida this year). Yancey has played with at least four different starting QBs, and only this year was the starter the same for the full year.

Also under the last coach (Hazell), they tried to run more but couldn't get the OL recruits to be able to do it. A real mess.
If Yancey had another year there he might have a better ranking, as the Brohms came in from Western Kentucky and will be throwing it all over the yard.

Thanks for the welcomes, pbmax and Smidgeon, in the contest thread.

Welcome to Packerrats.

wthigoot
04-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Welcome to Packerrats.

Thanks woodbuck. Draft time is always interesting.

Wow, RB #3.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2017, 05:16 PM
TT just drafted his punt returner. LOL

Guiness
04-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Another RB? That's a little surprising...it's odd for a Packer draft choice to not make the final roster, how many are they going to carry?

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Thanks woodbuck. Draft time is always interesting.

Wow, RB #3.Yes TT is loading up at the RB position.

Using the Pick he gained from Denver he takes his 3rd RB of this Draft:

Round Seven and Pick NO. 20 (238 Overall) Packers (From Broncos) TT picks RB Devante Mays and he's 5'11" and weighs 230 out of Utah St. and his NFL.Com Grade is 5.1.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/devante-mays?id=2558837

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Built like a truck with muscular legs and a powerful, broad chest. Has a 420-pound bench press to his name. Physical runner with a penchant for finishing with a bowed neck and heavy pads. Looks to accelerate through contact and can create additional yardage with his power through contact. Patient runner willing to follow lead blockers and accelerate when the time is right. Has adequate speed to threaten to the edges and force linebackers to flow hard. Fluid hips and light feet for a back his size. Praised by teammates and coaches for attitude and work ethic.

WEAKNESSES Recurring leg injury robbed him of all but 37 carries this season. Feet aren't always agreeable with his eyes and will get sticky when faced with traffic leaking into the backfield. Vision is inconsistent and he will leave yardage on the field. Appears to lack confidence in some running lanes and tends to scan for larger points of entry. Will need to expedite his processing and be willing to commit to a lane earlier. Had just two career catches at Utah State. Likely an early-down back only.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7-PFA

BOTTOM LINE After a monstrous performance early in the season against Weber State, Mays was never able to get completely right after injuring his ankle against USC. While he may have slid off of radars after the season, his 4.5-second 40-yard dash and 40.5-inch vertical leap were likely a wake-up call for evaluators who could be intrigued by his size, power and explosiveness. Mays has the physical tools to find his way into a camp and battle for a spot at the back end of the running back depth chart.

-Lance Zierlein

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Seventh Round Pick RB Devante Mays on Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJR1ZGSapcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKuIen1znbI

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Like Dupre pick, athletic kid who could be a sleeper.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Didn't like what I saw from the RB though, guess TT isn't sold on BYU RB because they have similar styles.

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 05:38 PM
The Packers last Pick of this draft is:

Round Seven and Pick NO. 29 (247 Overall) Packers Pick WR Malachi Dupre ....6'2" and 196 lbs From LSU NFL.COM Grade at 5.4

This guy fell down the board a long ways. He was ranked 64th on NFL.Com's TOP 150.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/malachi-dupre?id=2558095

OVERVIEW

Malachi Dupre (Mal-uh-kye Doo-pree) was not voted first or second-team all-conference during his career, and has not ranked among the more prolific receivers in the country due to the Tigers' inconsistent quarterback play. Dupre actually led LSU in receptions and receiving yards each of the past two seasons, even though his statistics aren't extraordinary (43-698, six TDs in 2015; 41-593, three TDs in 2016). The former five-star prospect and high school state champion triple, long, and high-jumper from New Orleans was voted to the SEC's All-Freshman team in 2014, however, by averaging 22.7 yards per reception (14-318, five TDs).

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Has desired size and athletic ability. Experienced at multiple receiver spots. More talented than production would dictate. Tracks the deep throws like an outfielder and can adjust catch positioning without taking his eye off the ball. Consistently solid catch rate throughout his career. Adjusts to low throws and balls behind him to make the catch. Looks to turn it up the field quickly after the catch. Dips low and drives through cornerbacks while stretching for additional yardage. Small sample size during freshman season gave hints of his downfield potential.

WEAKNESSES Lacks upfield juice into his routes. Vertical push doesn't appear to threaten cornerbacks. Needs to play faster off the snap. Slow to sink and open on curls. Needs a greater commitment to nuances of route-running in order to improve his separation. Tends to tip his hand early allowing cornerbacks to match his patterns. Stalk-blocker with marginal aggression and sustain after initial contact.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

SOURCES TELL US "I was asked by someone at the school about where he would be drafted if he came out and I told them on the third day. I recommended he go back to school. His size is interesting but I don't see a fast player." - NFC Personnel Director

BOTTOM LINE Big target who has suffered from arrested development due, in part, to quarterback inconsistencies at LSU. Dupre is a developmental receiver with some upside but it could take some time before he's ready to contribute. Could be a potential third or fourth wide receiver with time and coaching.

-Lance Zierlein

woodbuck27
04-29-2017, 06:00 PM
These are the final remaining players on the NFL.COM TOP 150 that remained as not drafted:

texaspackerbacker
04-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Well, those crying for a fat boy RB finally got their wish with Mays. Dupre seems like a really good prospect. Is it my imagination, or was there a lot of really good WRs either drafted late or not drafted at all?

Those two Baylor guys on the list immediately above are real studs, for example.

red
04-29-2017, 06:15 PM
so

not resigning eddy lacy just cost us 3 draft picks

pbmax
04-29-2017, 06:17 PM
so

not resigning eddy lacy just cost us 3 draft picks

Yes, Ted has never drafted multiple RBs before and has never drafted one when he has a former vet starter available.

pbmax
04-29-2017, 07:04 PM
M3 PC

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 33m33 minutes ago
Josh Jones is a "multiple position player" MM says about the second-round safety. Similar to Hyde (but bigger). "We need to play more DBs"

MM on the new RBs' styles: They all can play three downs, MM says. They all have the physicality to play late-season games.

McCarthy is here: Bigger and faster. Lost Shields and Hyde. They'll have an opportunity for similar roles.

1,100 snaps lost with Jones and Peppers. That's 1,100 snaps of opportunity for guys like Fackrell. (and Elliott and Biegel)

MM on Biegel: I'm hoping he'll be very good as a rusher. Likes his play style.

SOUNDS LIKE ITS OLB FOR BIEGEL

MM onJahri Evans: Very good fit, very knowledgeable. Good tape last year.

MM on CB group: Will focus heavily on passing game during OTAs.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 29m29 minutes ago
Mike McCarthy: Ty Montgomery is our starting running back.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 25m25 minutes ago
McCarthy says he anticipates Kyle Murphy competing at right guard and right tackle. He has a better chance if he can move inside. #Packers

Ryan Wood‏Verified account @ByRyanWood 37m37 minutes ago
McCarthy with big statement for #Packers defense: "Let's face it, we need to play more DBs." More versatility and speed to help coverage.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood 1h1 hour ago
Demovsky asks Thompson asked how many drafts he has left in him with #Packers. Chuckles. "I don't know," he said. "How do I look?"

Wes Hodkiewicz‏Verified account @WesHod 36m36 minutes ago
McCarthy: "We need to play more DBs. To have players that can play multiple positions" #Packers

red
04-29-2017, 08:18 PM
i don't know how i feel about the comment, "we need to play more db's"

maybe if we ever found some ILB's or OLB's that could cover a TE or rb every now and then we wouldn't have to play more db's

fat mike just told the whole nfl to run on us next year. which actually might be better then all the passing yards we give up every other year

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Unreal...fuck this shit

You are sort of a pathetic asshole.

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 08:52 PM
You are sort of a pathetic asshole.

Tell me again why I should give a fuck what you think?

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 08:57 PM
After reading through this thread that is the exact same thought I had about you. My second thought was that you are a whining bitch that thinks he can out draft NFL front office personnel. As I look at Thompson's picks it appears that he addressed the needs and holes of the Packers' roster. You may disagree with the particular player, but your drivel and whining is obnoxious

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Stfu snowflake

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Stfu snowflake

Is that the catchy term to call people that call you a bitch?

Brandon494
04-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Nope just bitches who complain and cry over small shit. Oh no, I didn't like a pick and it annoys you....get the fuck off my dick faggot

Zool
04-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Yes, Ted has never drafted multiple RBs before and has never drafted one when he has a former vet starter available.

He drafted Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn one year and Lacy and Franklin another year.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Nope just bitches who complain and cry over small shit. Oh no, I didn't like a pick and it annoys you....get the fuck off my dick faggot

Your feelings are precious

gbgary
04-29-2017, 09:36 PM
with all the dbs and rbs special teams are gonna look different...smaller/faster.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Packers special teams have been so inconsistent these past few years and I know that the draft theory behind good special teams in Green Bay was to draft LBs and TEs, medium sized guys with some speed to cover kicks. I don't think it has worked. Now that kick offs and kick returns have been all but eliminated no need to draft 6-4 245 pound guys just for special teams blocking and covering.

Teamcheez1
04-29-2017, 10:06 PM

You are becoming annoying, and I'm tired of it.

pbmax
04-29-2017, 11:40 PM
He drafted Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn one year and Lacy and Franklin another year.

Must read my response to redt with more sarcasm.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2017, 12:40 AM
My bet is on a backfield of Montgomery (do it all but limited carries), Williams (spell Montgomery on early downs), Jones (spell Montgomery on third down), and Ripkowski (short yardage).

Teamcheez1
04-30-2017, 09:32 AM
We definitely needed players at certain spots.

One thing the draft tells me is that Michael and Crockett could both be gone this summer.
I also see Jeff Janis on notice and possibly Trevor Davis.

Patler
04-30-2017, 10:08 AM
John Crockett has not been a member of the Packers for months. They did not tender him even though he was an exclusive rights free agent. They could have tendered him at the league minimum salary, but did not. They can't sign him for less than that. If they had tendered him, Crockett would have had two options, sign the minimum salary contract or hold out possibly for the entire season. Clearly the Packers have no interest in him this spring.

While Elliot also was not tendered, he was a restricted rights free agent, and his minimum tender would have been almost $1.8M. The Packers could and did resign him to a negotiated contract for less than that.

They could have assured having Crockett at the league minimum, but declined. They let him become an unrestricted free agent instead.

Brandon494
04-30-2017, 10:29 AM
You are becoming annoying, and I'm tired of it.

Once again don't give a fuck princess

Brandon494
04-30-2017, 10:41 AM
I don't see Michael making the team after drafting 3 guys. As for WR I think Janis has the edge over Davis right now only due to special teams but both next to step up.

Fritz
04-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Big year for Ty Davis. Guy needs to come into camp a little stronger and a lot more focused.

red
04-30-2017, 04:21 PM

first time since 1974 that the packers have drafted 3 rb's in one draft

kinda smells of desperation, TT making damn sure he has a quality backup RB

no way we keep 5 rb's on the final roster, but TT doesn't like cutting rookie draft picks

pbmax
04-30-2017, 04:29 PM

no way we keep 5 rb's on the final roster, but TT doesn't like cutting rookie draft picks

Seventh round is a grab bag anyway. Hard to say you are picking anyone in the 7th for need. I agree they want to avoid the pitfall of the Crockett group, where none of the holdovers came through.

Guiness
04-30-2017, 05:08 PM

And everyone keeps leaving Devante Mays off the list! I think it's more likely that they carry 5 RBs (4+1FB) than 6WRs this year. I think they carried the extra WR last year hopping Janis would because the player they hopped, I'd be shocked if they kept him around again. OTOH Bush lasted how long?

Carolina_Packer
05-01-2017, 05:44 AM
Aside from Vince Biegel in the 4th round, did the Packers do anything else to address pass rush? I would have been more in favor of a second pass rusher in the draft vs. a third running back. Draft one less running back, get another pass rusher, wherever the player fits the pick, and pick up another free agent running back post draft. There is likely more free agent running back help to be found at this point than pass rush help.

Pugger
05-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Where there any real good EDGE guys we could have taken after the 4th round?

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2017, 09:55 AM
The Auburn guy was there but he had injury concerns with knee and hip issues

Zool
05-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Pass rush and coverage feel like a chicken and egg scenario to me. Watch the Redskins game from last year. Cousins was holding the ball 3 seconds max. Most of the time it was 5 steps and fire and he had guys open all the time. Not much a pass rush can do. Maybe an improved secondary helps the pass rush more than we know right now.

Carolina_Packer
05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Pass rush and coverage feel like a chicken and egg scenario to me. Watch the Redskins game from last year. Cousins was holding the ball 3 seconds max. Most of the time it was 5 steps and fire and he had guys open all the time. Not much a pass rush can do. Maybe an improved secondary helps the pass rush more than we know right now.

I wonder how many times during their struggles last season was the shitty play more about communications issues on defense vs. the physical limitations of the players on the field. If you don't know exactly where you are supposed to line up or where your responsibilities are supposed to take you as a young player, you can take false steps and get burned like a $2 steak.

Deputy Nutz
05-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Packers had no consistent pass rush and no coverage ability so it is really hard to place the blame on one.

gbgary
05-01-2017, 10:54 AM

that's when you go into press coverage. we don't do that for some reason...except once in a while they let gunter do it. when i say press i mean actually jam at the line, not just attempt to stay close.

pbmax
05-01-2017, 12:00 PM
The Packers pressure numbers were far better than their coverage numbers. Someone with a PFF subscription could post the pressure numbers, but no freely available info I have contradicts that. So concerns about pass rush are understandable, but they were a magnitude less significant than coverage problems last year.

Press man is not for every CB. Wth a weak an injured backfield, they played a lot of zone after Shields went down and others got injured.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Not's not pretend that Thompson won't cut a draft pick. I doubt they keep 4 RBs over 6 WRs with the depth at WR. The three RBs are all late round picks, so it's not like they have three sure things and took the fourth guy. I think it's more likely they drafted the three hoping that two show something.

woodbuck27
05-01-2017, 02:44 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706863-nfl-draft-results-2017-full-grades-for-event-and-biggest-late-round-steals?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Late-Round Steals - Samaje Perine

Let's start in Washington, where running back Samaje Perine was a fourth-round selection and could easily win the starting job over Robert Kelley next season.

Perine was dynamic at Oklahoma, managing to rush for over 1,000 yards in every season there despite sharing the starting job with Joe Mixon. And he's a player the team apparently was high on, per Grant Paulsen of 106.7 The Fan:

Grant Paulsen ✔ @granthpaulsen
A #Redskins source told me pre-draft that Perine was the team's highest rated RB after Cook, Fournette and McCaffrey. They got their guy. ... 12:34 PM - 29 Apr 2017

Brad Evans of Yahoo Sports likened him to a running back (Jordan Howard) who excelled in his rookie season:

Brad Evans ✔ @YahooNoise
Compare Samaje Perine to Jordan Howard. Washington may have just scored itself a seriously good RB on the cheap. Kelley on notice.
12:40 PM - 29 Apr 2017

Comment woodbuck27:

It isn't often that there is a potential draft pick I hoped so much that TT would pick. At the top of Round 4 a lot of Media Experts on the NFL Network (take that for what it's worth)... but these people were calling for TT to go RB and 'No Brainer Pick' ... Samaje Perine.

TT went local and 'D' and LBer Pass Rush Prospect (Vince Biegel) and soon after Perine came off the Board to Washington.

I have this left. This man RB Samaje Perine will be a good watch for me in this upcoming season.

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Watch him prove to be mediocrity personified.

Bretsky
05-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Where there any real good EDGE guys we could have taken after the 4th round?

YES. THERE WAS ONE

VINCE FRICKIN BIEGEL !!!!!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't understand the fascination of getting all hung up on certain players in the draft, especially one particular player. Perine was a decent prospect but so were 5 or 6 other running backs in his tier. I was surprised when Pittsburgh took James Connor in the third round but it was a good story and I think Connor has a high ceiling after coming back from Lymphoma, but who is to say that he is going to any better or worse than any other running back taken in this draft?

Smidgeon
05-02-2017, 11:04 AM
I don't understand the fascination of getting all hung up on certain players in the draft, especially one particular player. Perine was a decent prospect but so were 5 or 6 other running backs in his tier. I was surprised when Pittsburgh took James Connor in the third round but it was a good story and I think Connor has a high ceiling after coming back from Lymphoma, but who is to say that he is going to any better or worse than any other running back taken in this draft?

We are! :wave:

woodbuck27
01-03-2018, 12:22 AM
i'll bet this is ted's last draft. he's painful to listen to speak. 64 but seems 84.

You saw it and I saw it .