PDA

View Full Version : Guion On Vacation: Arrested for DUI

pbmax
06-21-2017, 04:11 PM
http://khon2.com/2017/06/21/breaking-green-bay-packers-defensive-lineman-arrested-in-waikiki/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

At 4 am on Waikiki. You have millions of dollars. Take a cab!

Joemailman
06-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Buh-bye. In my opinion, RJF was probably signed to replace him anyway.

pbmax
06-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Maybe he can get the sentence for this to run concurrently for the suspension for PEDs.

At least he is optimizing!

Joemailman
06-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Can a player be released while under suspension? Or does the team have to wait until the suspension is lifted? That's what they did last year with Mike Pennel.

CaptainKickass
06-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Let's get the facts straight shall we:

Honolulu Police said Guion was pulled over at 4:20 a.m. Honolulu time

For a man the size of Guion, blowing a .086 is probably no big deal. However for his career's sake the steaks were indeed very high.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ze98J-pHW0Y/VLN89_HQkWI/AAAAAAAAAls/8yERDRyZl6s/s1600/BdFVcsjIUAEftBH.jpg

pbmax
06-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Let's get the facts straight shall we:

For a man the size of Guion, blowing a .086 is probably no big deal. However for his career's sake the steaks were indeed very high.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ze98J-pHW0Y/VLN89_HQkWI/AAAAAAjIUAEftBH.jpg

It probably took a few drinks to get the big guy there, but its low enough he might have stopped drinking hours before driving.

smuggler
06-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Not that it matters to the Packers but that level on a breathalyzer means he's not even going to get convicted. His blood draw, I would think, would have been at least an hour later and that's the only thing of any use in a court case. Still dumb as hell for a millionaire to be driving after drinking. There's no excuse.

pbmax
06-21-2017, 05:35 PM
Not that it matters to the Packers but that level on a breathalyzer means he's not even going to get convicted. His blood draw, I would think, would have been at least an hour later and that's the only thing of any use in a court case. Still dumb as hell for a millionaire to be driving after drinking. There's no excuse.

You might be right, but if he did drink and drive at all after his pot suspension a year or so ago, he's going to get dinged by the League.

Vincenzo
06-21-2017, 08:15 PM
This is GREAT news......sigh

oldbutnotdeadyet
06-22-2017, 06:45 AM
Damn, the big guy is dumber than a box of rocks. With all due respect....

Fritz
06-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Damn, the big guy is dumber than a box of rocks. With all due respect....

Well, somewhere on another thread Rut or Yeti was complaining about a fluff piece on Damarious Randall. I replied that he should have no fear; surely a Packer defensive lineman would soon be busted for pot/guns/stripclub violence/something equally dumb.

Wala!

Goodbye, Letroy.

bobblehead
06-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Well, somewhere on another thread Rut or Yeti was complaining about a fluff piece on Damarious Randall. I replied that he should have no fear; surely a Packer defensive lineman would soon be busted for pot/guns/stripclub violence/something equally dumb.

Wala!

Goodbye, Letroy.

They will keep him around until the suspension is over. You never know what happens with injuries, or "injuries" to a rookie who isn't getting snaps that makes putting gooey on the roster in week 12 right before the playoffs look better than it looks right now.

Hell, I'm starting to think this is his plan so he only has to work half seasons and preserves his body weeks 1-??

gbgary
06-22-2017, 06:07 PM
if he has a great camp and preseason i'll bet they keep him...especially if someone get hurt.

MadScientist
06-23-2017, 11:46 AM
if he has a great camp and preseason i'll bet they keep him...especially if someone get hurt.
If they are dubious about his future with the Packers, it more likely they will just cut him to avoid the risk of him getting injured and drawing a substantial salary on IR. Really just time to cut bait on Guion, you can't fix stupid.

Fritz
06-23-2017, 01:28 PM
I see them as cutting ol' Letroy. He was already suspended for four games for something. I don't remember what. Then there was the pot his daddy was trucking for him. Now alcohol? Too much trouble for his talent level. If he had Mike Daniels-type talent, they'd keep him. But he doesn't, so they won't.

RashanGary
06-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Plus it sounds like clark and Lowry are coming on....

gbgary
06-23-2017, 01:56 PM
Plus it sounds like clark and Lowry are coming on....

sure but if there's an injury to someone during his suspension they'd be silly to cut him especially if he has a good camp and preseason. maybe this is the wake up call he needs...maybe not. we'll see. they want to put the best team they can out there after all.

bobblehead
06-23-2017, 02:03 PM
sure but if there's an injury to someone during his suspension they'd be silly to cut him especially if he has a good camp and preseason. maybe this is the wake up call he needs...maybe not. we'll see. they want to put the best team they can out there after all.

Lets keep it real. This man is never going to "wake up". He is a special level of stupid.

MadScientist
06-23-2017, 02:49 PM

I think he will be cut before camp, so they don't have to worry about an injury. The only reason they take the risk is if they are very concerned about DL depth / health.

Lets keep it real. This man is never going to "wake up". He is a special level of stupid.

He is stupid, but so was Jolly, and he woke up. It took some jail time to finally do it, but he did. Maybe Guion can be this years Jolly - suspended for the year and forced to watch as the Packers win the Super Bowl.

Rutnstrut
06-23-2017, 07:31 PM

Wala!

Goodbye, Letroy.

I actually thought of your post when I first heard about this. Any more bold predictions, you are spot on so far.

Fritz
06-24-2017, 08:42 AM

I think Letroy's had a few "wake up" calls, but he can't hear them because he's too stoned or drunk.

As for any new bold predictions, that one wasn't bold. It seems a rite of passage for the offseason to have a defensive lineman from Green Bay do something stupid. I suppose the other one is to have an important player get seriously hurt either before training camp or in the first week.

Guiness
06-24-2017, 09:25 AM
A couple of posts saying that's not very high for a big guy, and that's just not correct. It's a %age, so .08 means the same thing for my 175lbs as it does for his 300lb+ one. And it takes him a hell of a lot more to get there. A rough calculation would be 7 drinks to get to that level, and that's if he downed them one after another.

Joemailman
06-29-2017, 07:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19769779/letroy-guion-green-bay-packers-stumbled-had-slurred-speech-stop-police-say

HONOLULU -- Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion smelled of alcohol and marijuana, stumbled when he walked and spoke with slurred speech when police pulled him over in a Porsche in Hawaii, according to arrest records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

His blood alcohol level was .086 percent about an hour after his early morning June 21 arrest for intoxicated driving in Waikiki, according to a police report.

"Please sir, it's my birthday," he told an officer, according to the records. "I can have someone else drive."

Guion was pulled over while driving a white 2017 Porsche Cayenne because he was drifting between lanes, the report said.

"I know I'm drunk," he told the officer in the records. "I've been drinking Hennessy all night. I don't drink any of that weak stuff, only the hard stuff."

He then tossed his wallet to his girlfriend who was riding in the passenger seat and asked if she could bail him out of jail.

pbmax
06-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Sober enough to plan bail, sober enough to decide for yourself to have someone else drive.

hoosier
06-30-2017, 10:21 AM
The owl of Minerva only flies at night.

Fritz
06-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Drunk and high? Now that's Packer people, at least on the defensive line.

pbmax
06-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Does anyone else get the sense that LeTroy is independent enough that he doesn't want an entourage to protect him but doesn't quite understand that the entourage would protect him from himself?

MadScientist
06-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Does anyone else get the sense that LeTroy is independent enough that he doesn't want an entourage to protect him but doesn't quite understand that the entourage would protect him from himself?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of an 'entourage' protecting somebody from themselves. A close friend or two, sure, but entourages just seem to be a bunch of leeches who encourage stupid behavior so that the booze and drugs keep flowing.

Guion is in the process of total self-destruction. Unless he is willing to go for some serious treatment (inpatient rehab for the next month, or the like), the Packers should just cut bait.

pbmax
06-30-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure I've ever heard of an 'entourage' protecting somebody from themselves. A close friend or two, sure, but entourages just seem to be a bunch of leeches who encourage stupid behavior so that the booze and drugs keep flowing.

Guion is in the process of total self-destruction. Unless he is willing to go for some serious treatment (inpatient rehab for the next month, or the like), the Packers should just cut bait.

It could of course get out of control, or introduce new problems. But having a couple of friends around would allow someone else to drive after a night out and to hold the contraband in case you get stopped.

Joemailman
06-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Didn't Guion ever watch Animal House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA

Fritz
07-03-2017, 09:33 AM
I believe it seems to have inspired him to become the man he is today.

Freak Out
08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Gonzo.

gbgary
08-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Gonzo.

only slightly surprised.

MadScientist
08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
only slightly surprised.

That they cut him or that it took this long?

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.

Teamcheez1
08-08-2017, 02:02 PM

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.

I think they very well though he was going to pick up another 4+ games for the DUI in Hawaii.
So now instead of just 4 games, he was going to be suspended for at least half the season. Give Letroy half the season with no games and I'm sure he could be arrested/suspended at least one more time. They gave him plenty of chances.

pbmax
08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Hello Brian Price.

gbgary
08-08-2017, 04:02 PM

that they cut him so soon actually. clearly they feel very comfortable with who they've got...and that's a good thing.

Joemailman
08-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Hello Brian Price.

Yep. Daniels, Lowry, Clark, Francois, Price, and Adams when he returns is a pretty good group.

Fritz
08-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Letroy was a strong, strong, man, but that did not always equate to being a good player.

run pMc
08-10-2017, 04:32 PM
You'd want him on a goal line stand but that's about it. No pass rush. The suspensions don't help either.

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 12:01 PM
This whole mess is simply sad.

To see a young man trash is life with such dependency is truly sad.