PDA

View Full Version : Another "I support TT" Thread...

Tarlam!
09-07-2006, 11:23 AM
O.K. I know there have been MILLIONS of threads on PR that have been started in support of what TT has done sine becoming GM. But heck, I am not one to reinvent the wheel, so, here comes another one!

I THINK TT IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO GREEN BAY IN YEARS!

I love that he cuts his mistakes without breaking a sweat. We will never again have to worry about carrying 2 punters on the roster, EVER AGAIN!

The way TT manages the cap (with Brandt's expertisé) allows us the luxery of making mistakes with UFA signings.

He has a knack of finding great rooks - Murphy would have been, VCollins has excited most here as does Jennings. A-Rod will be better than most and we'd all be spewing if we'd have passed on him at 26 and he turns into a HOFer. That kid has dedication and he's smart.

I like the signal he sent with the Woodson signing i.e. Vets, if we want you, we will pay you. At the same time with Boerigter and Gardner, he sent the signal that slackness will no be tolerated long.

I am also happy that he's a risk taker! M3, anyone?

Chubbyhubby
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree. I think he knows that his team is rebuilding but doesn't want to say it publicly. However a team this young elimitates a very important problem, and that is players that are content to do so much and has inability to improve. With a new head coach and new coaching staff with a VERY young team TT gives MM and the Packers to GROW TOGETHER to build that precious "Chemistry" that is needed to build upon.

Granted this current team will struggle and perhaps a few more years, however when they do get everything going in the right direction we can be seeing the Packers in the Playoffs for headed for a Dyanasy.

Just wait and see.... I see great things ahead for the Packers. TT is leading them this team to the "PROMISE LAND"

Fritz
09-07-2006, 01:40 PM
I think that fans, being fans, focus too much on "should have's" like not re-signing Mike Wahle. Sure, TT should have re-signed him. But there were indications Wahle didn't want to come back to Green Bay, and when Carolina offered him the chance to play the offensive line's big money position - left tackle - he jumped.

Yes, TT has made mistakes, but I like where he's going with this team. My sense is that the TT bashers will be eating crow in two years.

VegasPackFan
09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
I am ok with where this team is at right now and the prospects for the future. It is far better to take a short term hit in overall team performance and record with a plan for the future than to just wallow in mediocrity and post-season disappointment forever.

MJZiggy
09-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I think that fans, being fans, focus too much on "should have's" like not re-signing Mike Wahle. Sure, TT should have re-signed him. But there were indications Wahle didn't want to come back to Green Bay, and when Carolina offered him the chance to play the offensive line's big money position - left tackle - he jumped.

Yes, TT has made mistakes, but I like where he's going with this team. My sense is that the TT bashers will be eating crow in two years.

They won't be eating crow. They'll just jump on the bandwagon and say they think he's doing a fantastic job and we should keep him forever. Then when his tenure here is done, they will bash whoever steps into his shoes (20 years from now).

Fritz
09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes, that is more likely.

As I said, I don't think TT is perfect. I wish, for example, that he'd just come out and say things instead of sounding like a politician and saying nothing. And yeah, if he could've signed Wahle, I'd have liked that.

But how can you rip on a guy's first draft when the players only played one season? It's a little too soon to write off guys like Coston, Underwood, and Rodgers.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Sorry, but after today I had to bump this one back up. I hope those few TT backers out there see the light. This guy is brutal from his coaching choice to player evaluating. There is not 1 damn thing that TT is good at as a GM.

Partial
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Today I lost a lot of faith in TT. The team is too young to be confident, and when all confidence is lost I don't care how good of coaching and how much potential there is, it is very hard to break the Joey Harrington syndrome without a complete paradigm shift and/or a fresh start somewhere else. I am not hopeful for this team for awhile.

vince
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I guess it's what makes discussion boards interesting, but this debate will go on and on and on, because the 2 camps are debating apples and oranges.

The TT supporters like how he is rebuilding the franchise to be a long-term winner. Every good young player added to the team is further proof to these people that TT is doing a good job for the franchise.

The TT bashers hate how he didn't put together a team that could get a win today. Every loss this year is further proof to these people that TT sucks.

2 different goals. 2 different sets of strategies that a GM should take to accomplish each goal.

Packnut
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I guess it's what makes discussion boards interesting, but this debate will go on and on and on, because the 2 camps are debating apples and oranges.

The TT supporters like how he is rebuilding the franchise to be a long-term winner. Every good young player added to the team is further proof to these people that TT is doing a good job for the franchise.

The TT bashers hate how he didn't put together a team that could get a win today. Every loss this year is further proof to these people that TT sucks.

2 different goals. 2 different sets of strategies that a GM should take to accomplish each goal.

Yeah, I guess ya need to be the door-mat of the NFL for a few yrs and pile up all those draft picks huh?

the_idle_threat
09-11-2006, 01:55 AM

Exactly!

mmmdk
09-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Today I lost a lot of faith in TT. The team is too young to be confident, and when all confidence is lost I don't care how good of coaching and how much potential there is, it is very hard to break the Joey Harrington syndrome without a complete paradigm shift and/or a fresh start somewhere else. I am not hopeful for this team for awhile.

I hear you on the confidence part; Packers really lack confidence even their captain Favre is at all time low - confidence wise. This was evident even prior to 26-0 bashing last night. I am hopeful for the Packers but it won't be a quick fix. TT has made numerous mistakes, mainly in the draft of 2005, but he's got a chance to rebound as I believe he's not to proud to not admit mistakes. TT's time is short. Packers will contend eventually, with or without TT.