PDA

View Full Version : PackerRats Glossary

pbmax
07-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Inspired by a Guiness post quoting a Mr. Randism, let's document the language here on the forum.

APRH = Assuming Players Remain Healthy

A necessary caveat to discussing ANY Packer player's fortunes covering any period longer than 4 days.

For the next poster, please take BOMNF! as the next entry. After you define, suggest the next word or acronym.

Joemailman
07-09-2017, 08:04 PM
BOMNF! - Beer out my nose funny.

A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Next...FWIW

pbmax
07-09-2017, 08:19 PM

A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Next...FWIW

I thought it was out my nose f...u...c...k! :?::?:

mraynrand
07-09-2017, 08:39 PM

Next...FWIW

For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

next: QFT

Guiness
07-09-2017, 10:31 PM
For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

next: QFT

Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

next up - FIFY

pbmax
07-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

next up - FIFY

FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)

Next up 579!

mraynrand
07-10-2017, 08:24 AM
FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)

Next up 579!

Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

Next up: Unsound!

Fritz
07-10-2017, 08:43 AM
"Unsound." Didn't that one come out of someone's offseason rant - probably Wist - about the (lack of) value of the Packer two-man defensive line formations?

Next up: "Patlerized."

pbmax
07-10-2017, 09:12 AM
"Unsound." Didn't that one come out of someone's offseason rant - probably Wist - about the (lack of) value of the Packer two-man defensive line formations?

Its 2 down lineman yes, but also abandoning the middle of the field or refusing to worry about the run defense. Unsound can be used with 579's artistic touches for a fun effect.

mraynrand
07-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Lambeau Field is alive with the unsound of Capers.

bobblehead
07-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Fuckdoggle...even though I prefer McFuckdoggle.

pbmax
07-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Fuckdoggle...even though I prefer McFuckdoggle.

Before you can suggest one you have to answer one. Fritz has Patlerized on the board.

mraynrand
07-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Before you can suggest one you have to answer one. Fritz has Patlerized on the board.

Nah, this is packerrats. No stinking rules! (we must have a packerrat word for that, yes, it's TANK!) LOL.

I also suggest: "BRING BLACK ....."

ThunderDan
07-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

Next up: Unsound!

It needs to be in red. Rbaloha's favorite color.

579!

pbmax
07-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Nah, this is packerrats. No stinking rules! (we must have a packerrat word for that, yes, it's TANK!) LOL.

I also suggest: "BRING BLACK ....."

No, the answer and suggest way gets everyone involved.

Otherwise the list of 42 I came up with earlier today while avoiding work is going to ruin everyone else's fun.

mraynrand
07-10-2017, 07:44 PM
No, the answer and suggest way gets everyone involved.

Otherwise the list of 42 I came up with earlier today while avoiding work is going to ruin everyone else's fun.

alright alright alright. have to address the one on the table then suggest next. But no harm in suggesting out of the blue I think. It may be a while before more people return from off season haitus, if ever.

You came up with 42? Even Tank couldn't come up with 42 'Ted Trapped in the Closet' poems.

'Packer People' could be one

Harlan Huckleby
07-10-2017, 09:51 PM
To patlerize is to pbmax someone.

I suggest FMUTA! as an expression of exasperation.

The existing canon:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lhQHQqayV0I/VmYJvfc85wI/AAAAAAAAdU4/_pHbax4EdSU/s1600/fucking-acronyms.png

RashanGary
07-10-2017, 11:07 PM
"Patlerized." Being proved false by facts and data. "You've just been Patlerized" means that someone proved you wrong in a way that leaves you little to no room to save face.

Next up...... the Bretsky Curse

RashanGary
07-11-2017, 05:37 AM
I can't edit my post right now but patlerizing needs to be done by Patler.....

pbmax
07-11-2017, 07:53 AM
alright alright alright. have to address the one on the table then suggest next. But no harm in suggesting out of the blue I think. It may be a while before more people return from off season haitus, if ever.

You came up with 42? Even Tank couldn't come up with 42 'Ted Trapped in the Closet' poems.

'Packer People' could be one

Thanks. To be fair, 8 of the 42 are variations of things Ted doesn't care about.

pbmax
07-11-2017, 07:55 AM
"Patlerized." Being proved false by facts and data. "You've just been Patlerized" means that someone proved you wrong in a way that leaves you little to no room to save face.

Next up...... the Bretsky Curse

Nicely put. You can be Patlerized by someone other than Patler, but the odds are its going to be Patler. I think he would be OK with this definition. Though I bet he would want logic and clear thought to get a shout out.

So next up is Bretsky Curse!

mraynrand
07-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I can't edit my post right now but patlerizing needs to be done by Patler.....

Yeah, and your definition was OK, but lacking in depth. Being Patlerized by Patler means having your position dissected down to the last, seemingly trivial detail. Each incorrect assertion, assumption, claim, hint, suggestion is individually addressed and refuted, typically with multiple sources, all linked. Every argument is described and deconstructed and every false or incomplete point is laid bare, like an open wound, painfully visible for all of the packerrats forum to see. Most often, one must look away, for to hold your gaze on the dismembered, disemboweled, twisted wreck of a destroyed posting is to be suddenly and violently ill. Being Patlerized is like being stalked by a terminator; coldly, mercilessly and relentlessly will Patler pursue you and your weak or fraudulent argument. He will post, then re-post, the rebut, then re-rebut.. He doesn't get tired, he doesn't feel remorse, and he doesn't quit until your arguments are dead.

swede
07-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Nicely put. You can be Patlerized by someone other than Patler, but the odds are its going to be Patler. I think he would be OK with this definition. Though I bet he would want logic and clear thought to get a shout out.

So next up is Bretsky Curse!

A Bretsky curse, of course, is an enthusiastic endorsement of a player who subsequently fails. Its exact etymology, origins and archetypical examples I leave to others, but its usage demurs and hedges one's own enthusiasm for unproven players, as in "I don't want to put a Bretsky curse on the guy but this kid Bostick has great instincts and is gonna be remembered here down the road".

pbmax
07-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah, and your definition was OK, but lacking in depth. Being Patlerized by Patler means having your position dissected down to the last, seemingly trivial detail. Each incorrect assertion, assumption, claim, hint, suggestion is individually addressed and refuted, typically with multiple sources, all linked. Every argument is described and deconstructed and every false or incomplete point is laid bare, like an open wound, painfully visible for all of the packerrats forum to see. Most often, one must look away, for to hold your gaze on the dismembered, disemboweled, twisted wreck of a destroyed posting is to be suddenly and violently ill. Being Patlerized is like being stalked by a terminator; coldly, mercilessly and relentlessly will Patler pursue you and your weak or fraudulent argument. He will post, then re-post, the rebut, then re-rebut.. He doesn't get tired, he doesn't feel remorse, and he doesn't quit until your arguments are dead.

Where is the part where his lifeless black eyes roll over white when he attacks?

https://youtu.be/jMl1NbR0h_A?t=128

pbmax
07-11-2017, 03:18 PM
A Bretsky curse, of course, is an enthusiastic endorsement of a player who subsequently fails. Its exact etymology, origins and archetypical examples I leave to others, but its usage demurs and hedges one's own enthusiasm for unproven players, as in "I don't want to put a Bretsky curse on the guy but this kid Bostick has great instincts and is gonna be remembered here down the road".

Next after topic after swede boxed up the Bretsky Curse:

bobblehead's suggestion of Fuckdoggle

Joemailman
07-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Next after topic after swede boxed up the Bretsky Curse:

bobblehead's suggestion of Fuckdoggle

Fuckdoggle is a player who comes into the league with little or no acclaim and against all odds make the roster and then contributes in games. The ultimate Fuckdoggle would be an undrafted white wide receiver, although variations are allowed.

Next Up: Koolaid Drinker.

smuggler
07-11-2017, 04:36 PM
BFD... Big Fucking Deal, or... BARNEY FUCKDOGGLE

Upnorth
07-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Fuckdoggle is a player who comes into the league with little or no acclaim and against all odds make the roster and then contributes in games. The ultimate Fuckdoggle would be an undrafted white wide receiver, although variations are allowed.

Next Up: Koolaid Drinker.

Koolaid Drinker: Anyone who suggests that TT or MM or DC or some combination of the 3 are not personnally responsible for every loss or for Arron Rodgers not having 8 sb wins so far.

Next up: Fire Slocum (unless my answer is deemed incorrect)

mraynrand
07-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Koolaid Drinker: Anyone who suggests that TT or MM or DC or some combination of the 3 are not personnally responsible for every loss or for Arron Rodgers not having 8 sb wins so far.

LOL. You are correct, Sir!

RashanGary
07-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Would be nice to update the first post to include all of this great info. New people might actually use it

theeaterofshades
07-13-2017, 09:22 AM

Fire Slocum - The rallying cry after more special team failures... and God, there were a lot.

Next Up: Polar Bear

pbmax
07-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Fire Slocum - The rallying cry after more special team failures... and God, there were a lot.

Next Up: Polar Bear

Slocum haunts the team to this day. Its downright eerie.

Polar Bear: Mostly non-affectionate nickname for Ted Thompson. Initiated by Tank (aka Anti-Polar Bear) as a derogatory reference to the man who signed Matt O'Dwyer to a contract instead of Marco Rivera. If comparing those two players directly and reading the insinuation that Thompson preferred O'Dwyer to Rivera as a player makes your mind melt, then you understand what Polar Bear usage is all about. Brave members of the board have tried to take back the name and give it a more positive usage.

Next up: Frankenbacker!

mraynrand
07-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Would be nice to update the first post to include all of this great info. New people might actually use it

this made me chuckle a bit.

MadScientist
07-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Next up: Frankenbacker!
Frankenbacker: A linebacker who also plays an offense position such as TE. Could also be extended with to any two-way player, if one of the positions is some sort of back. Originated with Spencer Havner.

Next up: Purple Jesus

channtheman
07-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Frankenbacker: A linebacker who also plays an offense position such as TE. Could also be extended with to any two-way player, if one of the positions is some sort of back. Originated with Spencer Havner.

Good old Spencer Havner! Reminds me of this video. Hard to believe it's seven years old already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PBbNXXlKE

KYPack
07-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Love this one Chan.

Don't think "Deelywhopper", needs to be added to the glossary, but it's a Wisconsin word all the way.

Guiness
07-14-2017, 07:30 AM

'subsequently fails' doesn't quite cut it! The so-endorsed player will fail spectacularly, on or off the field, with extra points for assault related charges :shock:
see: Thurman, Odell

pbmax
07-17-2017, 09:35 AM

Purple Jesus is the internet bestowed nickname for Adrian Peterson, given his dominance as a running back almost immediately in his career. He battered the Packers enough that even kool-aid drinking Green and Gold fans had to admit he looked positively divine while waiting for Packer defenders to overcommit, then cut back against them for huge yardage. Combination of speed and power was astonishing at times.

We will cover a later chapter of the Royal Color son of Jim Brown in a later entry for PackerRats Glossary.

Next up: Pad Level

Upnorth
07-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Next up: Pad Level

In many of MM early pressers any and all issues with line play can be addressed and in theory fixed by changing their pad level. This evolved to a short way of saying MM evaded or ignored the question at said pressers. I think he is the most secretive of all head coaches now...

Next Up: The meadow

pbmax
07-20-2017, 05:44 AM
C'mon people! Let's get this in gear! We haven't even gotten to wist's best work yet!

Rand has to have a comment about the Meadow. And woodbuck will have a lot to say when he comes back from his summer residence in midseason.

Joemailman
07-20-2017, 10:06 AM
I've never really understood what The Meadow was. Perhaps Skin or someone can explain. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23092-The-Meadow

swede
07-21-2017, 08:15 AM
I think my favorite mean from another board was when one of our posters fresh out of a free public school system pointed out that hindsight was 50/50.

That meme even has deeper levels of meaning. Maybe hindsight is 50/50.

theeaterofshades
07-21-2017, 10:22 AM
I think my favorite mean from another board was when one of our posters fresh out of a free public school system pointed out that hindsight was 50/50.

That meme even has deeper levels of meaning. Maybe hindsight is 50/50.

actually 50/50 would be the equivalent of 20/20 so he isn't wrong per say:

"It's essentially equal to 20/20. It means that when standing fifty feet away from something, (let's assume you're reading) you can read what the average person would be able to from fifty feet away. If you had 50/100 vision, it would mean that you would have to be fifty feet away from something to see what the average person can see from one hundred feet away."

mraynrand
07-21-2017, 10:39 AM
http://www.images.searchpointer.com/concrete-blocks/2123/anu-concrete-product-2.jpg

pbmax
07-22-2017, 08:55 PM
There are no cement blocks in the Meadow.

pbmax
07-23-2017, 09:08 AM
In many of MM early pressers any and all issues with line play can be addressed and in theory fixed by changing their pad level. This evolved to a short way of saying MM evaded or ignored the question at said pressers. I think he is the most secretive of all head coaches now...

Next Up: The meadow

The Meadow: Exists currently as a thread in the Garbage Can where one can hurl insults and witticisms of all varieties at other posters without fear of being punished for vulgarity, rudeness or transgressions of one of the seven deadly sins (pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth for the forgetful). http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23092-The-Meadow

Which reminds me, there should be seven deadly PackerRats sins thread.

But back to topic. Poster Woodbuck, who might get his own entry in the PackerRats encyclopedia covering several long pages, would express his frustration with posters who vexed him by indicating he desired a place to take whippersnapper posters and teach them some manners. There was a suggestion of violence, but it could also have been an invitation to sit down for a very long conversation (think Entmoot (http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Entmoot)) and tea. Confusion reigned as the Meadow could have been anything between a gunless OK Corral and a parliament meeting in an amphitheater, though we dare say it always seemed slightly foreboding.

The Meadow seemed an important place or concept initially, where men could hash out their differences, but after initial confusion, the lack of details resulted in the Meadow, for PackerRats anyway, simply being another thread in the Garbage Can that is also ignored by most of the posters.

Next up: Soft 'N Small!

mraynrand
07-23-2017, 11:30 AM
The Meadow: Poster Woodbuck, who might get his own entry in the PackerRats encyclopedia covering several long pages, would express his frustration with posters who vexed him by indicating he desired a place to take whippersnapper posters and teach them some manners. There was a suggestion of violence,....

a suggestion...

I can get down today.right now and do 5000 crunch's for a joke. Before you can really work right ( at a maximum performance level) or do much of anything physical your core needs to be HARD. Every bit of piss n vinegar that I do have in me comes from a mental capacity and confidence that's backed up with experience and conditioning. This wil surrize you Yur a lager ma than I am. I'm jst nde 5'-9 " and just got weighed myself this morning at 179 lbs. Every part of my body is muscled..HARD. You've never seen any man strike with the speed I possess. I can hit a man in the throat before he can wink. When he's coughing or puking I decide if he's going to go to sleep or not. If I reay don't lke him...I' kick him inside the right knee and the clip him behind the left ear. That takes about 3-4 seconds. f I reay don't like him..I box him and rip and tear at him until I must offer mercy. I don't ever lose a scrap Deputy. If some idiot blinsides me I'l get him with all the GUTS I possess. This ability to scrap wasn't a natural gift. I had to learn my skills. I grew up in the thoughest get down and ger dirty City in Canada. You often has to use self defense to just survive in the pen. I've never bee one to cower I any shadows. I've always been courageous and read

smuggler
07-23-2017, 12:01 PM
I pray a universe exists where Woodbuck is a fist-fighting superhero.

mraynrand
07-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Found this after wasting time reliving fame wars.

THE MEADOW.

Let's develop a new site on PackerRats. The meadowB].

That's where this sort of matter or any dissention can be dealt with for the overall good health of Packerrats. Away from the general population and decent good will of OUR Packer Home. A Green Bay Packer HOME which should be excluded from such bad feelings between... ahh.... gentleman.

The Meadow where honour should be, if necessary, restored and with difnity intact. If I have a dispute wit Harry and that dispute cannot be resolved between Harry and I within the confines of a reasonale time frame. If a dispute or insult becomes a feud. The whole villiage doesn't nor should have to be involved.

The solution. The Meadow.

We have a community here. People of all sorts and personality post here. In any community bad feelings may unfortunately and realistically follow insult. If a poster feels the need to resore personal dignity. That poster should NOT be unfairly judged or feel the frenzy, as others chirp in with their two cents worth. When the issue is none of their business. Why should any poster ever feel the need to choose a side and gang on one side Vs any individual poster here at PackerRats!??

We've posters that plainly do not want to come here and see this sort of drama enacted. I personaly feel terrile over such dissention.

Just a comment over this latest bruhaahaa. I do not want to seemas I'm choosing any side as that isn,t the case. I just want to offer my skills as a leader. I 've posted here since the Spring of 2006. I have done service to PackerRats and I am certinly loyal. I'm qualified by a lifetime of leadership. I will contend that I'm a member of PackerRats with overall, a solid performance record and a history of positive contribution. Thus I feel it necessary to offer a simple solution.

My post in no way should be interpreted as choosing sides. I've no contenton with either retailguy or Partial. I must make this comment based on my observation.

I've observed Partial get bullied to the point I am sure he had to go nearly mad. Partial is a hman being folks.He has been treated horrifically by certain people her that in no way can set themselves aside as models of comportment. Partial has beendriven so hard IMO he had to break. Explode (slash) IMPLODE !!

Overall this sort of issue reflects poorly on why PackerRats exists. We need to be here to discuss our beloved Green Bay Packers and keep abreast of team developments. To similiarly discuss the NFL in general. To discuss fantasy sports, Pro baseball and basketball. To discuss anything in Romper Room. None of these venues needs to be tarnished over matters of honor.

Posters will even find difference with this common sense solution. The MEADOW.So I sand here and forever to offer this is an easy solution to any bad feelings between posters. This solution is clearly reasonable and if adopted will greatly benefit PackerRats.

Why ? THe MEADOW. . . . and

No! The Garbage can isn't the answer as the venue in OUR forum for such encounter. I assume that venue covers other topics. I don't enter the Garbage can for personal reasons.All the debate as to who was right or wrong and who's hypocriticle or otherwise accused of this and that wrong. All that can be posted in 'The Meadow'.

Why?

Because all of that only ads more pain to the initial engagement of posters not geting along. If any poster is insulted, bullied or stalked or otherwise affronted by any poster (S).

That insulted poster should be able, unjudged by others, to defend his (her) honor. My suggestion of such a venue is the solution to keeping PackerRats a site which deserves the highest reputation on the internet. The Meadow will restore 'virtual reality' to OUR forum. If any poster here insults me, otherwise attacks me. I should be able to call him out and defend my integrity. I should be able to do so without being judged or otherwise incurring the wrath of posters here. Posters that should have no part or offense with my issues brought on by the careless antics of certain posters here that exist primarily IMO to insult and ridicule innoscent people. Those same posters IMO by and large are 'the Usual suspects', I've referred to in a past post and connected in my honest observation with just this sort of negative for OUR Packer Home. This issue of contentious behaviour here has to be dealt with sensably in an area of OUR Forum that's far far away from the general good health and color of Packerrats. A special place set apart to duel it out 'one on one'.

I'm not the poster here that protests too much. I'm a poster here that really carescabout the overall good will in PackerRats.

I'm a poster that deserves to defend my honor. As all others here should be able to, as well. To post with proper esteem without harassment and make a positive contribution here overall and never have to use a counter attack on any other poster in open forum. If I do I get a one time warning to move it to 'the Meadow', or suffer the ire of the ownership, management and leadership that must protect the membership overall anything else. That group 'OUR LEADERSHIP', must have a primary duty to protect the integrity of PackerRats overall; insist on posters not being selfish rather by far contributing and mutually promoteing the deserved good will of PackerRats.

i.e.

If any poster here feels a need to attack or insult me. He (she) can then be called out by me and I will warn Y'all. I will in some cases of observing certain posters do just that. I will ask him (her) or them, into ' the Meadow , and I will ' in debate ' royally kick his (her) their ass. That isn't arrogance, rather confidence Packerrats. If I draw my sword in real life I'm going to defeat my enemy. In OUR near future I'M confident that my suggestion will become reality at PackerRats. Why? Again, it just makes sense. We need common sense here folks.

All good men and women will be able to defend their honor in THE MEADOW; if need be.

The Meadow. Will return PackerRats to a higher level of good will among posters.

P. S. Have a very pleasant day evening PackerRats. (-:

[B]My name is Edwin woodbuck27 and Bert Bosch in Fantasy Sports.

Cheesehead Craig
07-23-2017, 01:28 PM
I am the ruler of The Meadow! and I'm not even sure what it is. All I know is that Upnorth still owes me 3 bags of double stuffed Oreos.

Upnorth
07-23-2017, 02:09 PM
I am the ruler of The Meadow! and I'm not even sure what it is. All I know is that Upnorth still owes me 3 bags of double stuffed Oreos.

I mailed them to the meadow. You didn't receive them?

pbmax
07-23-2017, 02:23 PM
a suggestion...

Found this after wasting time reliving fame wars.

But that is exactly the duality of the Meadow and of woodblock's entire oeuvre. Its a place to meet online to take disputes (like a message board!), accompanied by reminders of how you won't be able to win a physical battle (somewhere in Canada). And that people better than posters have taken their shot and lost.

Its a true mind bender. The Meadow is a place an argument can be settled, except that the final form cannot exist in this space.

Maybe its Part II of a trilogy?

Cheesehead Craig
07-23-2017, 05:09 PM
I mailed them to the meadow. You didn't receive them?

Damn US Postal Service.

Joemailman
07-26-2017, 05:08 PM
Damn US Postal Service.

Damn US Postal Service: Quasi-government agency that requires it's most dedicated employees to drive vehicles that turn into ovens if the temperature approaches 80F.

Next Up: Dunderdummy

pbmax
07-26-2017, 06:19 PM
Damn US Postal Service: Quasi-government agency that requires it's most dedicated employees to drive vehicles that turn into ovens if the temperature approaches 80F.

You gotta do Soft n Small too or we'll have skipped an important chapter of Rat panic.

HowardRoark
07-30-2017, 10:39 PM

It took me quite some time to figure out what JAG meant when I first came here......

KYPack
07-31-2017, 04:40 PM
I am Dunderdummy!

Jesus, Woodbuck was a lot nuttier than I thought.

If his rant was real, we are almost the same size.

He is a good bit goofier than I am, but he is Canadian, so It's OK

wist43
07-31-2017, 06:05 PM

I am Dunderdummy!

I'm not dunderdummy, but the rest of you are :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbQdxHfxgY

KYPack
07-31-2017, 08:10 PM
I think you got it, Wist.

It was the old Spartacus routine.

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:43 PM
But that is exactly the duality of the Meadow and of woodblock's entire oeuvre. Its a place to meet online to take disputes (like a message board!), accompanied by reminders of how you won't be able to win a physical battle (somewhere in Canada). And that people better than posters have taken their shot and lost.

Its a true mind bender. The Meadow is a place an argument can be settled, except that the final form cannot exist in this space.

Maybe its Part II of a trilogy?

Hey Bye George I think you got it.

The Meadow was to be a place where 'only' two verbal combatants could begin a take down of the other (without any posting input by any other member).

It was to be the equivalent to the arranged Street Fight between 'only two combatants' like I was used to, in the tough streets of my Hometown the Port City, Saint John, New Brunswick Canada. That literally without any threats of actual physical violence 'of course'.

It was to be a posting duel with one member having the objective of out duelling the other. Using any writing means possible, except threats of violence was 'off limits'.

That duel may go on for hours to even days and the loser is the member that gives up and fails to post for say 20-30 minutes 'Time Limit'.

My Name Is Ed..woodbuck27

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm not dunderdummy, but the rest of you are :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbQdxHfxgY

Hello Wist43...I am glad to see your post. I hope your doing well Packer fan.

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:53 PM
I am Dunderdummy!

Try to get a GRIP on this KY:

The only thing pertinent to who and what I really am and your post above:

Is the fact I Am Canadian and very proud of that; as I should be. Canadians are certainly near the top if not the most highly respected people on this planet Earth.

I will interject this:

I am far from 'as you deem me... nutty'. I am an intelligent, passionate and competitive man with the skills to achieve certain objectives at a high level. I also have given a lot since I became a member here to not be treated as you have in your post.

In clear Packerrat language FUCK YOU KY...I have never done a thing to you to have you call down on me as you have.

HowardRoark
07-31-2017, 10:18 PM

Is the fact I Am Canadian and very proud of that; as I should be. Canadians are certainly near the top if not the most highly respected people on this planet Earth.

I will interject this:

I am far from 'as you deem me... nutty'. I am an intelligent, passionate and competitive man with the skills to achieve certain objectives at a high level. I also have given a lot since I became a member here to not be treated as you have in your post.

In clear Packerrat language FUCK YOU KY...I have never done a thing to you to have you call down on me as you have.

Take it to the Meadow nutty

Zool
08-01-2017, 08:47 AM
KY, you clearly were mistaken in your assessment of WB.

mraynrand
08-01-2017, 09:28 AM

Way to go, Woody! You are in mid-season form. The offseason workouts (6000 crunches) must have been outstanding.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26529-The-Lunatic-Fringe

pbmax
08-01-2017, 09:35 AM
The Meadow:

~snip~

The Meadow seemed an important place or concept initially, where men could hash out their differences, but after initial confusion, the lack of details resulted in the Meadow, for PackerRats anyway, simply being another thread in the Garbage Can that is also ignored by most of the posters.

Next up: Soft 'N Small!

I don't think we will ever see the Meadow explicated better than the last few batches of posts.

Soft 'n Small:

For some time, but building to a crescendo around 2013's disaster of a defense, the public and the media had settled on twin explanations for the defensive failures.

The Defensive front was too small. And the players had a character defect known as soft.

Soft n Small is the boards' small way of reminding you that this is a dumb explanation.

Next up. Joe's suggestion: Dunderdummy

wist should obviously define this one. Just remember to post another PackerRats term when you are done with that opus :)

Cheesehead Craig
08-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Dunderdummy:

A nickname given to DC Dom Capers by wist. This is in reference to wist's belief that Capers is a such a bad DC that it would not matter what personnel he is given, he will underutilize them, put them in poor position, or come up with a moronic defensive scheme (usually the much maligned 2-4 front) and thus will result in the defense playing poorly. Usually this involves not covering anyone in the middle of the field and being unable to stop the run. A synonym for this is also Spraypainthair.

Next up, I'm going old school (if it's allowed): Grabby McSmurf.

KYPack
08-01-2017, 01:29 PM

I will interject this:

In clear Packerrat language FUCK YOU KY...I have never done a thing to you to have you call down on me as you have. I'm not calling you out. I was commenting on that old meadows post.

You are an old hand on here and deserve respect, for keeping the pick'em going if nothing else.

I was strictly agitating.

Take it easy, Pick em king.

Wood,

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm not calling you out. I was commenting on that old meadows post.

You are an old hand on here and deserve respect, for keeping the pick'em going if nothing else.

I was strictly agitating.

Take it easy, Pick em king.

Wood,

All right then Ky ! :glug:

This place is certainly not for 'the meek and mild'. LOL

Some times you have to almost get the knuckles out. That was what The Meadow was going to be all about as I viewed it.

To keep any shit between Posters out of the mainstrean limelight and strictly a one on one affair.

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Way to go, Woody! You are in mid-season form. The offseason workouts (6000 crunches) must have been outstanding.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26529-The-Lunatic-Fringe

If you ever post me in the future and you don't like to look really dumb PLEASE be advised I have placed you on IGNORE a long time ago M.

That is how it will remain and you M.

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Take it to the Meadow nutty

If you ever post me in the future and you don't like to look really dumb PLEASE be advised I have placed you on IGNORE .

That is how it will remain and and any multiple personalities HowardRoark.

Good grief !?

No ! Grief is gone.

pbmax
08-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Let's get our heads on straight fellas. We got a job to do. So stop fooling around testing out who has the largest horns and hardest head.

And someone answer Craig's challenge and define Grabby McSmurf for new peoples.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29775-PackerRats-Glossary&p=932307&viewfull=1#post932307

Bonus points if you remember who coined it.

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Let's get our heads on straight fellas. We got a job to do. So stop fooling around testing out who has the largest horns and hardest head.

And someone answer Craig's challenge and define Grabby McSmurf for new peoples.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29775-PackerRats-Glossary&p=932307&viewfull=1#post932307

Bonus points if you remember who coined it.

Was that used to describe former Packer CB Ahmad Carroll; drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft?

KYPack
08-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Grabby McSmurf was Packer cornerback Ahman Carroll. He was dwarf-like. Listed at 5'10", he looked shorter than that. His nick came from his habit of not being able to keep his cotton pickin hands off receivers.

Who hung that name on him?

I'd guess Nutz or Skin. Those boys were usually at the bottom of most mischief in those days.

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Grabby McSmurf was Packer cornerback Ahman Carroll. He was dwarf-like. Listed at 5'10", he looked shorter than that. His nick came from his habit of not being able to keep his cotton pickin hands off receivers.

I'd guess Nutz or Skin. Those boys were usually at the bottom of most mischief in those days.

Yes I thought it was coined for CB Ahmad Carroll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy16sHbt33W7CJ9T3uQXsm9CpmlYtMo V5Uqg8og-wf9RDNGEdhXhRr7Q

Here is a task for someone. Go back, way back over the threads to try and determine exactly who coined that nickname for Ahman Carroll. It seems to me that Mad really like this CB. He certainly was 'grabby' and short for the ideal CB.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I confuse Carrol with T-Buck. But they played ten years apart.

mraynrand
08-01-2017, 11:36 PM
If you ever post me in the future and you don't like to look really dumb PLEASE be advised I have placed you on IGNORE a long time ago M.

That is how it will remain and you M.

I enjoy you ignoring me. It's going swimmingly.

mraynrand
08-01-2017, 11:39 PM
I confuse Carrol with T-Buck. But they played ten years apart.

T buck had a nice career. Carroll not so much. T buck was a hotspur who matured and got way too much grief for being young and restless. Carroll lacked skill but looked good in boxing gloves.

Iron Mike
08-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Anybody remember the members of the "EC Club?"

pbmax
08-05-2017, 07:58 PM
KYP and Woodie have taken care of Grabby McSmurf. I could not find the first instance for the coiner of the nickname, but it is one of the best.

Since neither KYP or Woodie volunteered the next word up for a definition, I will.

Packer People is next.

woodbuck27
08-05-2017, 10:55 PM
KYP and Woodie have taken care of Grabby McSmurf. I could not find the first instance for the coiner of the nickname, but it is one of the best.

Since neither KYP or Woodie volunteered the next word up for a definition, I will.

Packer People is next.

Are Packer People fans that see it all and Green Bay Packers?

They live and die Green and Gold and never give up on their team no matter what they are solidly behind everything Green Bay Packers.

mraynrand
08-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Wrong

esoxx
08-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Packer People

Packer People is any incoming player that achieves the high bar of membership into joining the Packers organization and contributing to the success of the team on the field while staying out of trouble off of it. This type of player works hard, talks less, and tows the company line. Off the field they are involved in community benefit activities, hold bible study groups, and most importantly stay out of trouble with the law. These types of players are the expected norm in Green Bay while all the other teams in the NFL don't mind and in fact actively seek out bad seeds to be part of their gangster organizations.

Packer People is a high bar to achieve, some say even impossible. Yet Green Bay has a roster of 53 Packer People each and every season which is utterly incredible.

*Editor's Note - Packer People has been proven a fallacy.

Next up Stubby

Fritz
08-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Before we get to Stubby, let us also remind everyone that whenever a player, particularly a defensive lineman, does something stupid in regards to the law ("Hey, let me bring a gun into the parking deck and shoot it off!" "Hey, I think I'll get drunk and high on my birthday and then go for a drive!") he is also labeled "Packer People." As in, "Letroy Guion, he's just like Cletidus Hunt - just good Packer People!"

Maxie the Taxi
08-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Next up Stubbyhttps://media.senscritique.com/media/000016274307/source_big/Music_for_Chubby_Lovers.jpg

mraynrand
08-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Packer People

Packer People is any incoming player that achieves the high bar of membership into joining the Packers organization and contributing to the success of the team on the field while staying out of trouble off of it. This type of player works hard, talks less, and tows the company line. Off the field they are involved in community benefit activities, hold bible study groups, and most importantly stay out of trouble with the law. These types of players are the expected norm in Green Bay while all the other teams in the NFL don't mind and in fact actively seek out bad seeds to be part of their gangster organizations.

Packer People is a high bar to achieve, some say even impossible. Yet Green Bay has a roster of 53 Packer People each and every season which is utterly incredible.

Next up Stubby

I'm pretty certain I coined this phrase. Stubborn + Tubby = Stubby. Mike McCarthy is a stubborn man, often more in legend than reality. The legend and the reality is that Stubby refuses to budge, to adapt his gameplay to emerging situations, because, by God his plan is solid and should work. This leads to things like running the ball with an out of shape running back named Wynn until he collapses with cramps. Or just running endlessly because the scouting report showed that the opposition is susceptible to the run. Even when they lose a d back. Even when you have Rodgers and Nelson, Jones, Jennings, Findley, and Driver all hoping to connect on a pass. And Lord knows he will 'play the odds' at the end of a game to run the clock out, no matter how the momentum swings. he knows the odds damnit! We will win using this run the clock, force the opposition to use up it's TOs, and minimize the opponents possessions strategy. No way some guy will flub the onside kick and ruin the whole thing, right? On the Tubby side, who can ignore that McCarthy is starting to become an astronomical phenomena? Like Denny Green before him, McCarthy is starting to register on Cal Tech instruments as an independent gravity well. Stubby most likely and typically eats at fine restaurants, but no doubt slums at the Golden Corral for some comfort food from the trough after a particularly tough loss, of this I'm certain. Stubby is a Great coach, in all the definitions of the term. And stubborn. Don't ever forget that.

Next up: Clusterfavre

swede
08-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Love Stubby...MM fit Stubby before I knew its correct usage was primarily directed at his intractable nature. I use it frequently, and in proper context people unfamiliar with the term but fully familiar with Stubby immediately catch its reference and meaning; I daresay the term is metastasizing like a Cleft Crusty squamous cell butt mole.

I liked the Packer People definition, but would point out that Packer People has several possible usage profiles: it can be applied in all seriousness, as in Blake Martinez is Packer People; its negative can be used just as seriously, as in Colt Lyerla is not Packer People; and its facetious use must be understood as well, as in Letroy Guion was bringing home cash and bud for his fam 'cause he's Packer People.

Fritz
08-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Have we covered all the terms?

pbmax
08-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Have we covered all the terms?

I have at least 20 more. Plus I am certain I forgot more than a few.

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Packer People

Next up Stubby

That response was impressive.

KYPack
08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Love Stubby...MM fit Stubby before I knew its correct usage was primarily directed at his intractable nature. I use it frequently, and in proper context people unfamiliar with the term but fully familiar with Stubby immediately catch its reference and meaning; I daresay the term is metastasizing like a Cleft Crusty squamous cell butt mole.

I liked the Packer People definition, but would point out that Packer People has several possible usage profiles: it can be applied in all seriousness, as in Blake Martinez is Packer People; its negative can be used just as seriously, as in Colt Lyerla is not Packer People; and its facetious use must be understood as well, as in Letroy Guion was bringing home cash and bud for his fam 'cause he's Packer People.

Goddamn, Swede.

That was deep.

Sorta.

Fritz
08-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Swede is just Packer People.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Belichickism: the doctrines and professional football strategies developed or inspired by Bill Belichick, especially the utilization of ALL aspects of player acquisitions - draft, trade, free agency - competently and constantly. Belichickism includes the exploitation of loop holes for competitive advantages.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Belichickism: the doctrines and professional football strategies developed or inspired by Bill Belichick, especially the utilization of ALL aspects of player acquisitions - draft, trade, free agency - competently and constantly. Belichickism includes the exploitation of loop holes for competitive advantages.

Hard to argue with that hahahahaha. He sure flies in the face of the old thing about "Winners never cheat, and Cheaters never win".

pbmax
01-27-2018, 03:22 PM

We were remiss not to remember that Mike Sherman and his coaches at one time put Ahmad Carroll in boxing gloves to help teach him how to play press man and not grab the opponent in such a way as to draw a flag.

Nothing captured the moment of a player and his struggle to develop more than Carroll in boxing gloves in DB drills. Like a 6 year old wearing socks on their hands to bed so they don't pick their nose during the night.

pbmax
01-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Clusterfavre: A situation that has gone bad in multiple ways. Can't just be any contretemps, but must pit fans against each other in a battle that neither side wants to concede even after events have rendered a verdict.

As in, your recent Pro Bowl and HoF quarterback is agitating about retiring for a couple of years to increase leverage over the team so you draft a QB in the first round. Then, after a huge letdown in an NFC Championship game you should have won, you feel forced to retire, only to see the team move on without missing a beat. Feeling forced out, you develop an itch to play again in Summer. Everyone takes sides as no one can imagine jettisoning this QB for a 4th year player with no starts.

The bitterness must also last a good long while. Say, more than 3 years.

Next up: ???? can't find the list, hang on

gbgary
01-27-2018, 04:16 PM

nice. you can use "ish" also...i.e. that was a very belichickish move Gute just made. or you can use "ism" for something he's said (or might say) in the past...i.e. it's only a sprain...not open-heart surgery.

gbgary
01-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Clusterfavre

lol :bow:

pbmax
01-27-2018, 09:10 PM
OK, lost the list. I am sure its under "Work To Do List" somewhere, but I have cleverly hid it from prying eyes.

Here is what has been covered:

Packer People
Stubby
ClusterFavre
Belichickism
APRH
BOMNF
FWIW
QFT
FIFY
Patlerized
Unsound
Dunderdummy
Fuckdoggle
Bretsky Curse
Kool Aid Drinker
Fire Slocum
Polar Bear
Frankenbacker
Purple Jesus
Pad Level
The Meadow
Soft n Small
SprayPaintHair
Grabby McSmurf
Packer People

pbmax
01-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Next up: JAG

Joemailman
01-27-2018, 09:30 PM
JAG:

Candidate for the prestigious A.J. Hawk Award. A player who does nothing discernably wrong, but does nothing discernably noticeable. Examples would be a leading tackler who never ventires into the offensive backfield, or a running back who averages between 3.5 and 3.9 Ypc.

mraynrand
01-27-2018, 09:35 PM
JAG (addendum): Just A Guy (thought it might be valuable to spell it out for the one person who doesn't know). My candidate for the Packer JAG poster boy is Brad Jones. A whole lot of playing time and a whole lot of nothing special at all.

pbmax
01-27-2018, 09:45 PM
I think Bretsky coined that one for Jones. Fritz made it Lawrence Guy's nickname.

Next up: Pear Shaped Loser

esoxx
01-28-2018, 06:52 PM
I think Bretsky coined that one for Jones. Fritz made it Lawrence Guy's nickname.

Next up: Pear Shaped Loser

Pear Shaped Loser:

Mike Sherman

Next up: Bring Black!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-29-2018, 10:41 AM
Next up: Bring Black!

I could be wrong, but "Bring Black": Brainchild of Mobb, Bring Black is a wordplay on the desire for the return of a certain individual once associated with the Packers, usually that person is of African ancestry.

Next up:

Good Normal American :)

Anti-Polar Bear
01-29-2018, 10:56 AM
Polar Bear: Mostly non-affectionate nickname for Ted Thompson. Initiated by Tank (aka Anti-Polar Bear) as a derogatory reference to the man who signed Matt O'Dwyer to a contract instead of Marco Rivera. If comparing those two players directly and reading the insinuation that Thompson preferred O'Dwyer to Rivera as a player makes your mind melt, then you understand what Polar Bear usage is all about. Brave members of the board have tried to take back the name and give it a more positive usage.

lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.

pbmax
01-29-2018, 11:29 AM
lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.

Just whistling right past the graveyard on that one aren't ya? :D

mraynrand
01-29-2018, 11:35 AM
I could be wrong, but "Bring Black": Brainchild of Mobb, Bring Black is a wordplay on the desire for the return of a certain individual once associated with the Packers, usually that person is of African ancestry.

Next up:

Good Normal American :)

Good Normal American = Lifelong, devout Packer Fan

Next up: BFFFs

channtheman
02-03-2018, 04:30 AM

This is very true. I've used Stubby while watching a Packer game with my dad who has no clue of this forum or the term. He knew exactly who I was talking about and got "it" immediately. He even embraced the usage himself, and I've heard him refer to MM as Stubby since that time. Love it.

And to add something of questionable value.

M1: Mike Holmgren
M2: Mike Sherman
M3: Mike McCarthy

I'd define BFFFs if I knew what it was. Guess that's why this is the thread we need, even if we don't deserve it.

sharpe1027
02-03-2018, 07:53 AM
Good Normal American = Lifelong, devout Packer Fan

Next up: BFFFs

Brett Favre Fan Forever?

mraynrand
02-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Brett Favre Fan Forever?

BFFF = Brett Favre First Fan - These are the people who were either not Packer fans or were only casual Packer fans, who then became fervent fans due to Favre. They were the most vocal in support of Favre in 2008, and were the coterie who not-so-mysteriously disappeared along with Favre's departure from Green Bay and then from the NFL. They didn't find it difficult to cheer for the Vikings in 2009. Unsurprisingly, many BFFFs were women. There were also BFFF antagonists, but that was mostly Scott Campbell.

pbmax
02-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Next Up:

Ted Doesn't Care About (Oline, ILBs, RBs, toughness, speed, safeties, Guards, backup QBs)