PDA

View Full Version : Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

pbmax
08-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Boo, BOO I say. Outside punt team defender no more for King. Never makes contact. Hideous.

Evans in middle doesn't do anything either. VIA: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/899775408287219714

https://vimeo.com/230527942

Rutnstrut
08-21-2017, 07:17 PM
You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?

Yes the coach and GM were part of Lacy's injury last year. Yes Monty is too soft to be a main RB.

pbmax
08-21-2017, 08:01 PM
C'mon. Why aggravate an injury in camp? Let it heal. Who is he proving toughness to playing against the 2's?

The Packers are one of the more cautious teams with injuries. If they thought Lacy was healthy enough to play, I almost believe them. And that says something because I trust NO teams to be honest. But the Packers seem to genuinely deal with injuries on an honest basis with their players.

The adhere to the spirit and not just the letter of their public pronouncements AND the PR of Goodell.

texaspackerbacker
08-22-2017, 05:27 AM
The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

I suspect he could have played through the injury, but they just wanted to test out the 3 rookies as well as not take any chances with Montgomery in the preseason. It seems like some people miss having a big clod like Lacy carrying the ball. He wasn't exactly immune to injuries either. Montgomery was exactly the kind of runner I wanted when he took over last year. We'll see what happens on injuries, but I doubt he's any more likely to get hurt than some fat slow guy.

Fritz
08-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Personally, I think it's more important that Montgomery prove his manhood by playing through this injury than resting him in order to be ready for the regular season. It would make me as a fan feel better.

On the other hand, I blame the coaches for ruining Lacy's career by forcing him to play though he was seriously injured. I already knew Lacy was tough, so I wish he would have been rested.

If the Packers would do some kind of manhood test early in training camp, and publish the scores and the rubric, I would feel better about the toughness of this seemingly soft n' small team.

Rutnstrut
08-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.

Joemailman
08-22-2017, 06:03 PM
http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/40159/good-news-bad-news-for-packers-defenders-dean-lowry-vince-biegel

Biegel, the rookie fourth-round outside linebacker who underwent foot surgery in May, still isn’t ready to practice this week and with only one week remaining in the preseason -- and just one practice next week before the exhibition finale -- it’s starting to look like the former University of Wisconsin standout may start the season on the physically unable to perform list.

McCarthy said team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie told him Biegel still isn’t ready to return. Biegel’s surgery was the second on his right foot in less than a year. He underwent the first procedure last fall during his senior season in college and missed only two games.

“I just think the fact that the history of the injury, the reoccurrence, there’s probably a threshold or two more that the medical staff, they want to really make sure he’s clear of,” McCarthy said. “Because a setback is always something that you want to avoid. And we haven’t had any setbacks. It’s just a matter of where he is in the progress of rehab. Yes, I’m not really thinking about Week 1. It’s just, you’ve got to get the guys that are not healthy, healthy, and create opportunities for the guys who are healthy, and we’ll sort everything out after the [preseason finale].”

Biegel could be activated off PUP any time during the preseason, but if he starts Week 1 with that designation (which does not count on the 53-man roster) he could not play the first six weeks of the regular season.

pbmax
08-22-2017, 06:23 PM
There are certain foot injuries that seem to take two surgeries to fix. Hopefully he is done with this one.

Teamcheez1
08-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.

Joemailman
08-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers full injury report: Five players returned to practice: Damarious Randall, Ty Montgomery (who appeared limited), Malachi Dupre, Colby Pearson, Aaron Peck. Dropped out of practice; Jayrone Elliott. Still out were: Davon House (hamstring), Jermaine Whitehead (hip), Demetri Goodson (knee), William Stanback (hamstring), Vince Biegel (foot), Derrick Mathews (concussion), Jordan Tripp (concussion), Don Barclay (ankle), Montravius Adams (foot), Dean Lowry (knee).

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Nick Perry was slow to get up at the end of a play and spent the break talking with the Packers' training staff. He's watching the special teams period now from one knee.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Jayrone Elliott walked off the field with a trainer and has not returned to practice.

bobblehead
08-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.

Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......

bobblehead
08-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.

Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.

hoosier
08-23-2017, 08:24 AM

I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.

Teamcheez1
08-23-2017, 08:30 AM
I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.

Don't they have Scott Tolzien as their back-up? They are set at QB.....

Joemailman
08-23-2017, 08:45 AM

A mediocre backup behind a bad offensive line. That would be ugly. We are blessed.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/21/scott-tolzien-didnt-play-bad-hardly-a-ringing-endorsement-from-chuck-pagano/

Cheesehead Craig
08-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/21/scott-tolzien-didnt-play-bad-hardly-a-ringing-endorsement-from-chuck-pagano/

Bah! The Tolzien Era has begun! He'll make Luck expendable and single-handedly turn the franchise around.

Joemailman
08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Monty says he will play in Denver despite sickle cell trait.

http://www.espn.com/blog/milwaukee/post/_/id/1764/aware-of-risks-ty-montgomery-intends-to-play-at-denver-despite-sickle-cell-trait

- Ty Montgomery knows the dangers and the history. But he also knows his body and knows the facts about sickle-cell trait. And that’s why the Green Bay Packers running back plans to play in Saturday night’s preseason game at Denver, even though the altitude there has been an issue for other carries of the sickle-cell trait in the past.

“I think obviously there’s questions that are going to arise when you find out a guy has sickle-cell trait and he’s going to play in Denver,” Montgomery said Tuesday evening after returning to practice after missing a week with a lower leg injury. “Because of what’s happened to some guys in the past.”

In 2007, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark felt a sharp pain in his side and became gravely ill during a game in Denver. He later had to have his spleen and gall bladder removed. Clark, now an NFL analyst at ESPN, was later held out of games at Denver during the 2011 playoffs and 2012 regular season.

Rutnstrut
08-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......

I don't think Monty is frail. I just don't think he's RB material.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Packer Report

Bulaga limping off during run-game drill vs. defense. Obviously not a good thing.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Michael Cohen

Looks like Jayrone Elliott dropped out of practice for the second consecutive day. He was hurt yesterday but returned today. Now out again.

Gilbert took his place.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Ryan Wood

#Packers RT Kyle Murphy continues to look good. He just went 3-0 in 1-on-1s. Jason Spriggs was 2-0.

Also, D Matthews returned from concussion protocol.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 24m24 minutes ago
Jayrone Elliott, who's been battling back spasms and dropped out of practice yesterday and today, is back out here with his helmet/pads on.

Bulaga did not come back out.

Joemailman
08-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Michael Cohen

Looks like Jayrone Elliott dropped out of practice for the second consecutive day. He was hurt yesterday but returned today. Now out again.

Gilbert took his place.

Depth at OLB is the biggest negative issue facing his team. Not sure what percentage of pass plays Packers blitzed on last year, but we might see more this year.

Joemailman
08-23-2017, 02:54 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/23/packers-rt-bryan-bulaga-suffers-leg-injury-at-wednesdays-practice/

Michael Cohen ✔ @Michael_Cohen13
Bryan Bulaga goes down hurt during the 9-on-7 drill. He's limping off the field now and grimacing badly.

Bulaga was replaced on the first-team offensive line by second-year tackles Kyle Murphy and Jason Spriggs. Murphy received the first opportunity ahead of Spriggs, a second-round pick who has struggled mightily while manning the left tackle position this preseason.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
Bulaga left with an ankle injury. Not knee - where he's had some history.

esoxx
08-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Ryan Wood

#Packers RT Kyle Murphy continues to look good. He just went 3-0 in 1-on-1s. Jason Spriggs was 2-0.

Also, D Matthews returned from concussion protocol.

Going to assume Spriggs took two turns against Fackrell.

Bretsky
08-23-2017, 07:06 PM
Going to assume Spriggs took two turns against Fackrell.

This was my thought when I saw it as well........kind of funny

ND72
08-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.

I haven't seen anything that says either are done for the year. Biegel was on tv talking about the hope he could play this week, and a higher hope for next week. Since he wasn't full go today I'm guessing he isn't going this weekend. Adams I'm not so sure on, radio this morning said typically 8 weeks.

RashanGary
08-23-2017, 07:47 PM
This was my thought when I saw it as well........kind of funny

It's entertaining to watch you find the one or two potential weaknesses on the back end of the roster and just continue to beat them after they've died.

pbmax
08-23-2017, 07:59 PM
If I read between the lines of McCarthy and the player I say Biegel is back practicing first practice after the Denver game.

But that is just reading tea leaves.

ND72
08-23-2017, 08:29 PM
If I read between the lines of McCarthy and the player I say Biegel is back practicing first practice after the Denver game.

But that is just reading tea leaves.

Just read a short clip from today about Biegel that his availability for the Seattle game is "in doubt". So who knows...

pbmax
08-23-2017, 09:05 PM
Just read a short clip from today about Biegel that his availability for the Seattle game is "in doubt". So who knows...

Yeah, its basically the Rodgers clavicle situation again. The medical staff doesn't want to X-Ray him twice a week, so they have a new evaluation date in mind and will look at the film then. But no way to know when that is.

Every year I forget. Can you practice during the 6 weeks on PUP?

Joemailman
08-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Yeah, its basically the Rodgers clavicle situation again. The medical staff doesn't want to X-Ray him twice a week, so they have a new evaluation date in mind and will look at the film then. But no way to know when that is.

Every year I forget. Can you practice during the 6 weeks on PUP?

No.

Then there's the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List, which is also used for the regular season. If by the end of the preseason, a player isn't medically cleared, he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the season.

pbmax
08-24-2017, 08:38 AM
No.

Then there's the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List, which is also used for the regular season. If by the end of the preseason, a player isn't medically cleared, he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the season.

So if he practices before the first game, they stash him on roster until he is ready and let him practice his way to ready.

If he isn't ready to go or its really close, he's going on PUP.

Fritz
08-24-2017, 01:48 PM
I have no evidence, yet I steadfastly maintain that Biegel will be nothing more than a JAG.

If I am correct, I will publicly and loudly proclaim my prognostication prowess. If I am wrong, I will cheer Biegel on and pretend I never said anything bad about him, ever.

Smidgeon
08-24-2017, 06:37 PM
I have no evidence, yet I steadfastly maintain that Biegel will be nothing more than a JAG.

If I am correct, I will publicly and loudly proclaim my prognostication prowess. If I am wrong, I will cheer Biegel on and pretend I never said anything bad about him, ever.

4th round works for OL. Pass rushers who excel in the NFL? Probably not at all likely.

Bretsky
08-24-2017, 07:08 PM

If Biegel is nothing more than a JAG we will regret IMO not spending our pick on Watt

pbmax
08-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Brett Goode once again wins Packers' long-snapper job http://ift.tt/2iDcyzR #Packers

Fritz
08-28-2017, 03:22 PM
If Biegel is nothing more than a JAG we will regret IMO not spending our pick on Watt

We'll see. We'll see how King turns out. And Watt. I am of the opinion that the Pack needed some kind of OLB pass rusher out of that draft - an impact guy. But I'm not in the film room, so all I can figure is that they liked King as a CB better than Watt as an OLB pass rusher.

pbmax
08-28-2017, 05:50 PM
PackersNews.com: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/08/28/updates-green-bay-packers-roster-cuts/610149001/

Here is a list of players the Packers have released since Monday:

Derek Hart, long snapper
Colby Pearson, wide receiver
William Stanback, running back

pbmax
08-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 36m36 minutes ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Packers notes: McCarthy 'full of hope' on Biegel return http://ift.tt/2gk1Z3X #Packers

Last time I remember this comment, it did not work out well. I think its PUP PUP and AWAY.

Bretsky
08-28-2017, 06:22 PM

I will remember all anti Badger comments :)

pbmax
08-29-2017, 09:20 AM
So is Clay hurt or not?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-thinning-depth-at-outside-linebacker-offensive-line-doesn-t/article_57a92c3b-7ce4-5236-9cfd-5126b217ff78.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

McCarthy also brought up Clay Matthews’ name when discussing players who came out of Saturday night’s game early, but it was unclear whether the coach was implying that Matthews also suffered an injury or he was simply lifted after playing a couple of series, the way Rodgers was.

“I definitely get with Clay and Nick kind of going down with whatever they have, it does kind of just make you realize how quickly a position can become not deep,” Fackrell said. “That’s all kind of stuff that’s out of my control, so it’s not anything that I worry about.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2017, 10:13 AM
4th round works for OL. Pass rushers who excel in the NFL? Probably not at all likely.
This is a fair point. But it lead me to think of exceptions, late-round Packer pash rushers, and I thought of Bryce Paup, Keith McKenzie and Aaron Kampman. That's digging deep.

pbmax
08-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
Fact McCarthy said Biegel is still in rehab group would seem to indicate he'll start year on PUP. If so, he misses first 6 weeks at min.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy said Clay Matthews won't practice today but injury is not serious. Didn't say what it was. Biegel won't practice today.

Descartesz
08-29-2017, 11:20 AM
This is a fair point. But it lead me to think of exceptions, late-round Packer pash rushers, and I thought of Bryce Paup, Keith McKenzie and Aaron Kampman. That's digging deep.

KGB was 5th round.

Fritz
08-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
Fact McCarthy said Biegel is still in rehab group would seem to indicate he'll start year on PUP. If so, he misses first 6 weeks at min.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy said Clay Matthews won't practice today but injury is not serious. Didn't say what it was. Biegel won't practice today.

Oh, good. This means Matthews will only miss the first four games. And they might as well just PUP Biegel right on into the season.

Better sign Brooks, bad news or not. Either that or they'll be starting Gilbert and some UDFA cut by two teams this summer.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2017, 12:35 PM
KGB was 5th round.

Ya know, I was thinking of KGB but my brain fetched "Keith McKenzie." I don't think Keith McKenzie was a great pass rusher, more of a linebacker who kept gaining weight and got stuck on the D-line.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2017, 12:38 PM
And they might as well just PUP Biegel right on into the season.

I don't see how Biegel comes in this season and adjusts to NFL game speed. Doesn't it take a preseason for a rookie to get ready?

pbmax
08-29-2017, 12:54 PM
I don't see how Biegel comes in this season and adjusts to NFL game speed. Doesn't it take a preseason for a rookie to get ready?

If he PUPs long enough, the other players in the League will be tired and injured themselves, so it will balance out.

He will get a second wind with his first wind, so to speak.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Then I am a good candidate to be "Mr. December" after 4 months of couch rest.

call_me_ishmael
08-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Yep, I predict they sign Brooks and one other OLB. Biegel will be put on PUP for the 6 weeks I bet.

pbmax
08-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Clay has a groin and Perry an an ankle an Elliot a back. Capers thinks they will all be available or Week 1.

via Demovsky Twitter

pbmax
08-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Lowry and House practiced, Ha-Ha was a no-no show.

Rutnstrut
08-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Clay has a groin and Perry an an ankle an Elliot a back. Capers thinks they will all be available or Week 1.

via Demovsky Twitter

Clay will be available week 1 and injured again by halftime.

Rutnstrut
08-29-2017, 04:58 PM
Clay has a mangina and Perry an an ankle an Elliot a back. Capers thinks they will all be available or Week 1.

via Demovsky Twitter

Fixed that for you.

MadScientist
08-29-2017, 05:01 PM

via Demovsky Twitter

The big problem with these injuries is how much they can linger. Back problems often never go away completely, it will likely come down to what Elliot can deal with. If Perry's ankle heals fully, it will be fine, but if he comes back a little early it can re-injure easily. Clay's groin is a concern as it could be a difficult to detect sports hernia that can only be fixed with surgery. On the bright side the hurting groin could keep him from exerting himself so much that he injures his hamstring again.

Joemailman
08-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Arod looking Tombstone-ish.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIacTc_VoAEXRFc.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d2/0c/89/d20c89e79a7b0d5331bb0cf7f413217f.jpg

Teamcheez1
08-29-2017, 06:02 PM
I'll stick to my original prediction that neither Beigel or Montravius Adams will see the field this year.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2017, 06:03 PM
Arod looking Tombstone-ish.

Could be opportunity for a new Civil War twitter account.

pbmax
08-29-2017, 06:05 PM
I'll stick to my original prediction that neither Beigel or Montravius Adams will see the field this year.

I think you are close to being proven correct. Biegel almost has to go on PUP now. Not certain about Adams.

Joemailman
08-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Winston Moss on free-agent OLB Ahmad Brooks, who's visiting today: "Tough. Tough. Physically imposing rusher. Can play against the run. He can do everything that we would ask him to do in our scheme. If he were to be placed on our roster, he could fit right in."

Translation:

Winston Moss: "Git er done, TT!"

hoosier
08-29-2017, 08:43 PM

Nm, Rene beat me too it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2017, 08:47 PM

KGB

RashanGary
08-30-2017, 12:02 AM
KGB

I saw KGB at Walmart the other day. Talked about the 2007 season. I said the defense was so strong the beginning of the year and that I just don't think they quite had it at the end after the injuries to jolly and him sunk in. He said, "if Favre didn't throw that pick they would have won."

I was surprised to hear a player put it all on that one play..... but he did.

mraynrand
08-30-2017, 08:00 AM
I saw KGB at Walmart the other day. Talked about the 2007 season. I said the defense was so strong the beginning of the year and that I just don't think they quite had it at the end after the injuries to jolly and him sunk in. He said, "if Favre didn't throw that pick they would have won."

I was surprised to hear a player put it all on that one play..... but he did.

You just never know who or what you will find there.
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

bobblehead
08-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Justin Houston, 3rd round, led NFL in sacks 2 years ago. James Harrison, practice squad to Defensive POY

pbmax
08-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Reggie White was drafted in the supplemental draft.

:whist:

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Reggie White was drafted in the supplemental draft.

:whist:

He was a World Football League castoff or something

pbmax
08-30-2017, 09:47 AM
So remember all those Joe Haden trade rumors?

He's a FA, and the Browns are on the hook for whatever of the $4mil he doesn't get from his new team this year.

pbmax
08-30-2017, 09:48 AM
He was a World Football League castoff or something

You are old.

#PaulWarfield

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Ah yes, off by just a decade. United States Football League

Reggie bounced between USFL, CFL and Arena League before getting NFL tryout.

I think he also did a pro wrestling stint in between.

mraynrand
08-30-2017, 10:11 AM

He's a FA, and the Browns are on the hook for whatever of the $4mil he doesn't get from his new team this year.

His performance went off the cliff last year. Someone will pick him up, but it will be ugly.

pbmax
08-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Rodgers interview with ESPN the Mag.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseRodgers/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-unmasked-searching

Its not bad.

Fritz
08-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Any word on whether Brooks has signed with someone else already?

Or if any of the players have gotten injured on their day off?

pbmax
08-30-2017, 12:08 PM

According to Jason La Canfora, Browns were looking to trade him (and Osweiler) and were willing to take a conditional 4th plus eat the bulk of his salary. No takers. So they are going to be on the hook for Haden AND Osweiler.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
Joe Haden is entertaining 1year and multi-year offers. Expected to pick a team w/in 24hrs. PIT, MIA, NO, PHI, KC, SF very much in mix...

pbmax
08-30-2017, 02:43 PM
I wonder what they'll be talking about!

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: New CBS broadcaster Tony Romo will call back-to-back Packers games http://ift.tt/2vszVm1 #Packers

Cheesehead Craig
08-30-2017, 04:19 PM
I wonder what they'll be talking about!

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: New CBS broadcaster Tony Romo will call back-to-back Packers games http://ift.tt/2vszVm1 #Packers

About how he grew up in WI and admired Favre and was a Packer fan his whole life. But he'll be better than Buck/Aikman.

Joemailman
08-30-2017, 05:33 PM
About how he grew up in WI and admired Favre and was a Packer fan his whole life. But he'll be better than Buck/Aikman.

Guess who we get Week 1!:p

QBME
08-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Guess who we get Week 1!:p

No shit?

Joemailman
08-30-2017, 08:00 PM
No shit?

I kid you not. http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=1

wthigoot
08-30-2017, 10:55 PM
Ya know, I was thinking of KGB but my brain fetched "Keith McKenzie." I don't think Keith McKenzie was a great pass rusher, more of a linebacker who kept gaining weight and got stuck on the D-line.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.

KGB was better for a lot longer. But Keith McKenzie did pretty well for a 7th round flyer from Ball State (not sure if Ball State was even in the MAC back then). Took a while but 2 8-sack seasons for Green Bay and then another for Cleveland.

Would like to do as well in the 7th every year.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2017, 06:22 AM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.

You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor

Maxie the Taxi
08-31-2017, 06:53 AM
You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_TraylorI conflate Keith with Jiffy Lube.

hoosier
08-31-2017, 07:54 AM

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor

Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.

Zool
08-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.

Draft day trade no less. Dead a few years later of a heart condition. Tractor was not good.

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 08:58 AM
Do you believe in the jinx?

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2017/08-august/170829-rodgers-SI-cover-1-950.jpg

pbmax
08-31-2017, 02:39 PM
TJ Ward on the chopping block in Denver. Wasn't he a board draft favorite?

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 02:45 PM
TJ Ward on the chopping block in Denver. Wasn't he a board draft favorite?

Not sure about the draft, but I know there were people here wanting TT to sign him when he became a free agent following he 2013 season.

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Men In Black:

http://themojocompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MEN-IN-BLACK.jpg
http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-10.16.28-AM-832x447.png

QBME
08-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Men In Black:

http://themojocompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MEN-IN-BLACK.jpg
http://cdn1.thecomeback.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-10.16.28-AM-832x447.png

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

pbmax
08-31-2017, 09:25 PM
Capt. Andrew Luck‏ @CaptAndrewLuck 23m23 minutes ago
Dearest mother —
The unit was able to frighten off the Bengals. They had no claws. We fired blanks. Now on, battles will matter.
— Andrew

Fritz
09-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Well well, well. Training camp is over. Now comes a day-and-a-half of nervous waiting - for fans, I mean - then the cuts, then the pickups from another team, then more cuts, then the practice squads changing every ten minutes.

Oh, and then they play real games.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Capt. Andrew Luck‏ @CaptAndrewLuck 1h1 hour ago
Dearest mother —
The unit's sawbones informs me battle in Los Angeles is unlikely, my sidearm too frail. I shall command from afar.
— Andrew

pbmax
09-07-2017, 04:40 PM
One thing to remember about Ted's offseason. Its not every year that a rival deconstructs a unit of good players to switch schemes in a year you have vacancies on that side of the ball.

And that two of the released are not stop gap guys who also play positions of need.

Jahari Evans is often available. Brooks and Dial not so much.

Patler
09-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Jahari Evans is often available. Brooks and Dial not so much.

Then, too, the Jahari Evans type players don't always match with the Packers' needs. There was a match three years ago when Peppers was signed, and before that when Saturday was signed. Sometimes it works (Peppers), sometimes it doesn't (Saturday). We have yet to see about Evans.

bobblehead
09-07-2017, 05:21 PM

double asshole for reminding all of us.

Patler
09-07-2017, 05:58 PM

What ever happened to that foreign kid? Did he ever make it anywhere?

Brandon494
09-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Damn Browns just cut Calvin Pryor, remember when some wanted him over HaHa in the draft a couple of years ago. Guess he couldn't adjust to the new hitting rules in the NFL.

Joemailman
09-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Damn Browns just cut Calvin Pryor, remember when some wanted him over HaHa in the draft a couple of years ago. Guess he couldn't adjust to the new hitting rules in the NFL.

His hitting skills were always better than his coverage skills. That doesn't work in today's NFL.

pbmax
09-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Pryor got cut after a pre-practice fight with a teammate.

Yes, pre-practice.

#GoJets!

call_me_ishmael
09-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Haha never timed great but he was a 5-star out of HS for a reason. Smooth athlete with tremendous size. He looks huge out there.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Do you believe in the jinx?

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2017/08-august/170829-rodgers-SI-cover-1-950.jpg

This cover is gay. Who is #25 grabbing his crotch?

bobblehead
09-08-2017, 10:12 AM
This cover is gay. Who is #25 grabbing his crotch?

Just some dingleberry.

woodbuck27
09-08-2017, 11:00 AM
You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

This is one Big Part of Aaron Rodgers that I really enjoy.

hoosier
09-08-2017, 11:44 AM
It must be Shady, no? He's trying as hard as he can to get outta Buffalo and sees Rodgers's hand towel (not his crotch you sick little boy) as his lifeline.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 12:13 PM
It must be Shady, no? He's trying as hard as he can to get outta Buffalo and sees Rodgers's hand towel (not his crotch you sick little boy) as his lifeline.

"I like to go swimming with bow-legged women..."

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Training camp is over, this thread should be locked.

QBME
09-08-2017, 05:42 PM
"I like to go swimming with bow-legged women..."

"Swimmin'" just sayin'.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 08:11 PM
"Swimmin'" just sayin'.

fricking autocorrect ... errr.... frickin'

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 08:19 PM
"Swimmin'" just sayin'.

http://saintcarnival.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/folksmen.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/9327cadcb112170fcbebf298cbfdfcc1/tumblr_mwp8scrCZ51rzckh5o1_500.jpg
http://www.spatch.net/mighty-folksmen.gif
http://muz-lyrics.ru/photos/artists/4/29140/the-folksmen-2.jpg

Can't find a picture of their mistake album "Saying Something"