No Public Practice

Thursday, August 31
Preseason Game
Packers vs. Rams (Gold Package)
6 p.m.

Joemailman
07-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Hoping to go to practice this weekend.

Most of the emphasis in training camp is going to be on the passing game, both from an offensive and defensive perspective.

Will King look like he can start as a rookie?

Will Randall and Rollins look like they've recovered from their disastrous 2016 seasons?

Can Josh Jones be the nickel or dime ILB?

Will there be a pass rush from anyone other than Matthews and Perry?

Who will emerge at WR behind Jordy, Adams and Cobb?

How quickly will the new TE's be integrated into the offense?

pbmax
07-24-2017, 08:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFeQhedXYAA2ak5.jpg:large

gbgary
07-24-2017, 10:16 AM
the long footballless drought is about over.

mraynrand
07-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Under Pressure: I think Sam Bradford's YPC on third and >5 is around 2.2. Captain Checkdown.

mraynrand
07-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Will there be a pass rush from Matthews and Perry?

FIFY

pbmax
07-24-2017, 04:46 PM
Under Pressure: I think Sam Bradford's YPC on third and >5 is around 2.2. Captain Checkdown.

Yeah, its not the best look at being effective while under pressure.

Joemailman
07-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Yes, Martellus Bennett slept in the Packers locker room last night because he couldn't get into the dorms at St. Norbert College, but coach Mike McCarthy didn't see him. "I don't usually check the lockers for people sleeping," he said.
6h

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

No medical updates from Packers coach Mike McCarthy, but the PUP list – if there are any players on it – should be turned into the league by the end of today.
6h.

Joemailman
07-26-2017, 05:01 PM
MM on Special Teams:

"We're very green, and I'm not talking about the color of the uniforms."

pbmax
07-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Its Packers Camp and so there are some housekeeping things to which we must attend.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
Biegel and Goodson starting on pup. Could be a couple of weeks for Biegel says McCarty.

pbmax
07-27-2017, 08:42 AM
HOUSE!

Silverstein Twitter
Davon House and LaDarius Gunter the starters at CB, Randall is the nickel. Jake Ryan and Joe Thomas at ILB. #packers

Zool
07-27-2017, 09:15 AM
HOUSE!

Silverstein Twitter
Davon House and LaDarius Gunter the starters at CB, Randall is the nickel. Jake Ryan and Joe Thomas at ILB. #packers

Slowest 2nd level ever?

gbgary
07-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Slowest 2nd level ever?

the two most physical (saying this having never seen king).

pbmax
07-27-2017, 10:33 AM
Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.

pbmax
07-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
#Packers CB Herb Waters walked into the Hutson center with a trainer a few minutes before the end of practice.

Pugger
07-27-2017, 11:05 AM
CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.

We saw Gunter get beat a lot last year too. :?

mraynrand
07-27-2017, 12:43 PM
I am on record as saying I didn't think Gunter would get faster in the offseason. I don't think anyone disagreed.

In fairness, getting tested by Rodgers to Adams is about as tough as it gets for a db. If he gets smoked by Hundley to Yancey then say hello to Randall.

Smidgeon
07-27-2017, 01:27 PM
I like to see this

Devante Mays has another gear. Just ran away from a guy who looked to have the angle.

gbgary
07-27-2017, 03:29 PM
pluses and minuses from day one:
+ davis, adams, mays, williams (heard he had a great blitz pick-up)

- gunter, all rbs (heard there were several funbles), rodgers for over-throwing davis https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/wink5.gif

Joemailman
07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: The Packers are easing top pick Kevin King into things. After he missed most of the offseason program because his school (Washington) was still in session, the second-round cornerback worked mostly with the No. 2 defense on Day 1. "Mentally, I know Kevin's ready go," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. It may not be long before King moves his way in with the starters but for now, Davon House and LaDarius Gunter took the first-team reps.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Best play of Packers' camp Day 1: The Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams connection that took off last season was on display early. Rodgers delivered a perfect deep ball to Adams, who had beaten cornerback LaDarius Gunter on a go route. Adams barely had to outstretch for the ball that he caught in stride for a 60-yard touchdown. Gunter's biggest weakness is speed, and it showed when he let Adams beat get behind him..

Fritz
07-28-2017, 07:21 AM
Gunter's not soft; he's just slow. So half the Packers' problems are solved!

ThunderDan
07-28-2017, 07:22 AM
MM on Special Teams:

"We're very green, and I'm not talking about the color of the uniforms."

That's good news for the Janis lovers.

Joemailman
07-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
#Packers CB Herb Waters will not practice today. McCarthy said Waters re-injured his shoulders yesterday. Original injury happened in OTAs.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged sloppy run game on camp's first day, ball on ground too often. Wants it cleaned up immediately.

Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy said Trevor Davis and Geronimo Allison have matured physically since last season. They are bigger and stronger. #Packers

Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy said Randall Cobb is always part of the punt return game, but he expects Trevor Davis to take a big step in that area. #Packers

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
McCarthy sounds high on #Packers WR Trevor Davis. Said he's definitely bigger than last year. "He's done a great job in the weight room."

pbmax
07-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Pete Dougherty‏Verified account @PeteDougherty 53s53 seconds ago
First team drill of camp, Burnett at ILB, we're going to a lot of that this year.

Catching punts in PR drill: Cobb, Davis, Crockett, Rollins

Sixth-round pick Amichia playing center with No. 3 offense

Pugger
07-28-2017, 09:50 AM
I heard King was in for Gunter starting opposite House today.

Joemailman
07-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Martellus Bennett left field after grabbing his leg following noncontact drill, but he ran back on and is doing drills. You can breathe now.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Kevin King rolling with the ones opposite House.

Pete Dougherty
@PeteDougherty
In 2 minute drill King at CB ahead of Gunter and Lowry inside rusher with Daniels

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
With 1 second on clock, Aaron Rodgers threads tight coverage from #Packers S Morgan Burnett to cap 2-minute drill w/ 13-yard TD to Bennett.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Burnett has done a fantastic job these first 2 days staying w/Bennett when they match up..then Rodgers hits him with an in-defensible laser.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Great back shoulder throw from Huntley to Trevor Davis in the end zone to beat Gunter for a TD. Tough one to stop.

Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
Second round of 2-minute drill: Hundley hits Geronimo Allison for a huge gain up the seam. Hundley back-shoulder to Trevor Davis for the TD.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Rodgers didn't see it, but Janis shook House bad off the line of scrimmage. Play went to the opposite side but that's a great rep from Janis

Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
First interception of camp belongs to Damarious Randall. He made a sliding interception of Brett Hundley over the middle.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Rollins getting all the reps in the slot with the ones in Pass Under Pressure.

Pete Dougherty
@PeteDougherty
Morgan Burnett lots of work at ILB with 1s, same for Josh Jones with 2s

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Brett Hundley threads to Jeff Janis, no window. Gunter and Randall collide playing ball. Gunter gets INT, Randall was slow getting up.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
WR Trevor Davis getting first crack at kickoff return.

pbmax
07-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Rodgers didn't see it, but Janis shook House bad off the line of scrimmage. Play went to the opposite side but that's a great rep from Janis

Very encouraging for Janis. I am sure coaches will see it on film. Breaking from press man was one thing he did not do well. Could be good sign.

Very glad to see King advance and Hundley makes some plays to Allison and Davis.

Joemailman
07-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
Rodgers throws his first interception of camp. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix sliced in front of Bennett and made the catch along the sideline.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Nice diving catch on the left sideline from Colby Pearson. Kid has some talent. Interested to see him with the lads on.

PackerRanter
@PackerRanter
After reading tweets from one and half training camp practices, I can confidently say this:

SUPER BOOOOOOOOWL!

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Clinton-Dix only gets one foot down before going OB on potential 2nd INT.

gbgary
07-28-2017, 09:43 PM
gunter beat again...but gets the first int of camp so far.

KYPack
07-29-2017, 08:09 AM
HOUSE!

Silverstein Twitter

They need to flip Gunter and Randall.

Gunter has the best pre-snap and solid mechanics, but the boy can't run the field.

Fritz
07-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
Rodgers throws his first interception of camp. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix sliced in front of Bennett and made the catch along the sideline.

Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Nice diving catch on the left sideline from Colby Pearson. Kid has some talent. Interested to see him with the lads on.

PackerRanter
@PackerRanter
After reading tweets from one and half training camp practices, I can confidently say this:

SUPER BOOOOOOOOWL!

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Clinton-Dix only gets one foot down before going OB on potential 2nd INT.

So are the reporters going to follow him around in his personal life to get a look at this?

pbmax
07-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Third Practice, in pads:

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
Looks like five not practicing. Waters, Goodson, Biegel, Peck and M Adams.

Smidgeon
07-29-2017, 10:15 AM
I miss the days when there was a written recap of practice with highlights, standouts, and poor performances. Now it's reporters tweeting with no summary and either a discussion on a podcast or a video. I am rarely where I can watch something. Why is written reporting a low priority? I understand why they're adding video/etc, but I don't understand why it's a replacement tactic.

I'm not that old, but I feel like I'm getting there.

texaspackerbacker
07-29-2017, 11:23 AM
They need to flip Gunter and Randall.

Gunter has the best pre-snap and solid mechanics, but the boy can't run the field.

I disagree. Gunter is a natural at covering moves/patterns like what you find on the outside - even though he sadly lacks speed. I don't think he has shown the quickness, though, to jump a slant route or other quick patterns you'll see in the slot. Randall seems to get lost on moves and patterns, but he definitely has the quickness and athleticism to stop the quick hit stuff.

pbmax
07-29-2017, 01:20 PM
I miss the days when there was a written recap of practice with highlights, standouts, and poor performances. Now it's reporters tweeting with no summary and either a discussion on a podcast or a video. I am rarely where I can watch something. Why is written reporting a low priority? I understand why they're adding video/etc, but I don't understand why it's a replacement tactic.

Seems very true. Scout.com, PackersNews (GBPG) and JSO have practice recaps but they are video.

Madison.com (WiSJ) just has features on the story of the day.

A bunch of media companies have been making a big transition to video, because it translates well to mobile devices AND forces users to watch the ads. There will be a lot less written content on the web from big media companies for a few years.

The problem is that most of them, including virtually all at packers news.com, are terrible at video. The practice report with Nagler and the beat writer of the day looks like it was filmed by a cell phone, written by a monkey and edited by a ghost.

pbmax
07-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Rob Demovsky‏ @RobDemovsky 2h2 hours ago
Trevor Davis said he's OK after his hard fall in practice. Got the wind knocked out and a stinger with tingling... https://t.co/RzNA7jij2t

Montravius Adams has a foot injury, which is why the rookie DT missed the first padded... https://t.co/jQUyeUlWuG

pbmax
07-29-2017, 01:33 PM
Packers Practice Day 3: Padded

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 5h5 hours ago
Trevor Davis muffs first punt return try. I guess I put the whammy on him with story this morning.

On four punts with no wind, Justin Vogel averages 50.7 per. Three of the punts had hang time of 4.6 or better. Other was 3.7. Pretty good.

Some great catches in one on ones with CBs and WRs. Davante Adams smokes Gunter and then out fights Kevin King for position deep.

S Josh Jones very active in run game. Shot through line for tackle in backfield with ball at the 4 on last play of team drill.

WR Trevor Davis not helping cause with drop in the end zone.

K Mason Crosby makes 6 of 7 FGs with P Justin Vogel holding. Some weren't pretty. Could be unfamiliarity with Vogel.

Trevor Davis down after hitting ground hard trying to make catch.

Davis on his feet and walking off after spending awhile on the ground.

CB Quinten Rollllins has owned Randall Cobb today. Hasnt given him an inch all day. Just picked off Rodgers in EZ on another throw to Cobb.

I LIKE ROLLINS BUT THERE ISN'T A MORE DEPRESSING SENTENCE YOU COULD WRITE ABOUT A WR AFTER LAST YEAR'S DB PERFORMANCE

vince
07-29-2017, 02:33 PM

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/29/packers-training-camp-day-3-notes-and-observations/

Josh Jones in pads doesn’t disappoint

The hype train keeps chugging along for rookie safety Josh Jones, who had another good showing in the first padded practice of the year. Jones flew all over the field and was always around the ball wherever it went. He made a tackle in the backfield untouched for a tackle and a safety blitz on one play that could have resulted in a sack.

His physicality was on display as he put a good hit on fellow rookie Malachi Dupre. Veteran tight end Richard Rodgers didn’t appreciate the hit and got into Jones’s face. The scuffle was quickly broken up by players.

Other Notes and Observations

– Quinten Rollins made an impressive diving interception in the end zone off Aaron Rodgers near the end of practice, while safety Marwin Evans also had an interception off Joe Callahan.

– Kevin King and Davon House were once again the starting cornerbacks on the outside with Rollins in the slot. In his press conference before practice, head coach Mike McCarthy said to not pay attention to the rotation of defensive backs, but there was not much mixing and matching with the first team defense.

– Jayrone Elliott started 2-0 in 1-on-1 drills against the offensive line, while Kyler Fackrell was 0-2 according to Ryan Wood of PackersNews.Com

– Kicker Mason Crosby and rookie punter Justin Vogel both had solid practices on Saturday. Crosby went 6-for-7, hitting the post on a 42-yard field goal attempt, while his longest made was from 48 yards. Vogel had three good punts with one bad one, averaging 50.75 yards with a 4.51 average hang time according to Wood.

– Rookie defensive lineman Montravius Adams did not practice today with no injury reported yet.

pbmax
07-29-2017, 02:54 PM
I read that some of Crosby's kicks were not solid. Speculation that he and Vogel are still getting on same page.

KYPack
07-29-2017, 03:40 PM
I disagree. Gunter is a natural at covering moves/patterns like what you find on the outside - even though he sadly lacks speed. I don't think he has shown the quickness, though, to jump a slant route or other quick patterns you'll see in the slot. Randall seems to get lost on moves and patterns, but he definitely has the quickness and athleticism to stop the quick hit stuff.

Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.

texaspackerbacker
07-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.

hahahahaha They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we think. I think maybe Gunter's slowness is overrated, though. He covered a lot of #1 receivers last year and only got beat a few times. Randall, on the other hand, played himself out of a job - although he might have been playing hurt. I still think you put your athletic but less instinctive guy (Rollins, maybe with Randall backing him up) on the inside and your guy with a knack for covering on the outside. Also, it seems like some teams are putting better receivers in the slot at times to take advantage of the matchup.

mraynrand
07-30-2017, 12:17 AM
Gunter got beat once or twice last year? What the hell are you smoking? He got beat like a rug from a cat lady's house before the estate sale.

Joemailman
07-30-2017, 07:35 AM
CB Quinten Rollllins has owned Randall Cobb today. Hasnt given him an inch all day. Just picked off Rodgers in EZ on another throw to Cobb.

I LIKE ROLLINS BUT THERE ISN'T A MORE DEPRESSING SENTENCE YOU COULD WRITE ABOUT A WR AFTER LAST YEAR'S DB PERFORMANCE

On the other hand, it could be a sign that Rollins has returned to his 2015 form when he allowed a passer rating of 54.9, 4th best in the NFL.

I agree though that Cobb's ability to get open, other than in scramble mode, is an issue.

KYPack
07-30-2017, 07:43 AM
He's super slow, oh Texas one. You can't take an eraser and get rid of his 4.69 and 4.73 forty times. He runs hard, but too long in the same place. His "game speed" seems faster than his track times indicate, but he needs to be put in spots where he can use his quickness and cover skills (which are pretty good).

In the game as it's played now, you need a whole herd of D backs. That's Gunter, a good hand that will be used in the mix, but not a starting, 3 down CB.

Joemailman
07-30-2017, 09:31 AM
From Saturday's practice:

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Overheard: "Pick it up, defense. Let's go." That was Mike McCarthy's message halfway through a practice that to that point had been dominated by the offense. McCarthy was particularly incensed that a screen pass to Aaron Ripkowski went for a long gain.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: The first padded practice of camp was supposed to give DT Montravius Adams the chance to show whether he's strong enough to handle the NFL game in the trenches, but the third-round pick never put the pads on because of a foot injury. Adams watched practice from the sideline. The severity of his injury was not revealed. There's no practice on Sunday so the next chance to see if Adams will practice comes Monday morning.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Best play of Packers' camp, Day 3: Quinten Rollins has put himself squarely in the competition for one of the top-three cornerback jobs and perhaps has an early lead on Damarious Randall for the nickel spot thanks to plays like the diving interception he made in the end zone on Saturday. He picked off a Rodgers' pass that was intended for Randall Cobb, who broke to the outside while Rodgers threw inside.

Fritz
07-30-2017, 11:41 AM
A foot injury? My god, is Montravius Adams the next Khyri Thornton?

Joemailman
07-30-2017, 12:11 PM
A foot injury? My god, is Montravius Adams the next Khyri Thornton?

No. That would make him the next Vince Biegel.

pbmax
07-31-2017, 08:12 AM
The Packer hamstring is dead.

Long live the Packer foot.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
Significant news from #Packers coach Mike McCarthy this morning. Rookie DT Montravius Adams will miss multiple weeks with a foot injury.

hoosier
07-31-2017, 10:12 AM
It's always something. You knew some long-term ailment was going to turn up when MM proclaimed that they were fairly healthy coming into camp.

Rutnstrut
07-31-2017, 12:21 PM
It's always something. You knew some long-term ailment was going to turn up when MM proclaimed that they were fairly healthy coming into camp.

Well that and TT picks his defensive guys by how high they rank on the fragilemeter.

Joemailman
07-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Went to practice today. (See photo thread).

Josh Jones continues to impress. Had an INT and blew up a running play in the backfield among other plays.

Beau Sandland with a nice catch for a TD along the sideline. My favorite darkhorse so far.

Zool
07-31-2017, 03:45 PM
How has Mays been? Gotta like a guy that big running a 4.5

Joemailman
07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
How has Mays been? Gotta like a guy that big running a 4.5

Definitely looks quick for a big back. Somebody at practice said he looks like Lacy before...

Hard to get a good sense about a power back from what you see in practice because there's no real tackling. He should get quite a bit of work in the preseason games though.

vince
07-31-2017, 07:35 PM

Cobb is Rollins' dream matchup (smallish, quicker than fast, not overly physical) and Rollins is Cobb's nightmare matchup.

vince
07-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Joe did Michael Clark do anything noteworthy today?

This was from Saturday I think...

Clark, a 6-6 undrafted free-agent-agent from Marshall, made a leaping catch over Josh Hawkins that caught fans attention.

This guy could be a player some day. Good PS prospect I hope...

He's raw but attacks the ball in the air. Can't teach 6'6" can jump and that catch radius...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFZ7a-QPU0

Joemailman
07-31-2017, 08:32 PM
Joe did Michael Clark do anything noteworthy today?

This was from Saturday I think...

This guy could be a player some day. Good PS prospect I hope...

He's raw but attacks the ball in the air. Can't teach 6'6" can jump and that catch radius...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFZ7a-QPU0

I don't recall any plays that stood out. But he sure is noticeable out there. Impressive looking athlete. Played only 1 year of college football, so a real project. Might be worth a PS spot if he's willing to work. Might still have a basketball body at this point and need to bulk up.

Clark (6’6/217) played only one season at Marshall after transferring from St. Francis (PA), where he earned a scholarship to play basketball. Clark compiled a 37-632-5 (17.1 YPR) receiving line in 2016, then surprisingly turned pro. Not invited to the Combine, Clark ran 4.53 at the Thundering Herd Pro Day, but struggled in the vertical (33") and three-cone drill (7.54). While Clark’s height and multi-sport background make him somewhat intriguing, he has minimal football experience and struggled with drops and separation on tape. He’s a long-shot prospect perhaps worth stashing on the practice squad.

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:07 PM
CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.\

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/5a/4a/0e5a4aaddcfdafe183a39a732fbc95af--jim-nabors-surprise-surprise.jpg

Surprise ! SURPRISE !!

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:12 PM
Well that and TT picks his defensive guys by how high they rank on the fragilemeter.

TT looks for 'Swagger'.

woodbuck27
07-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged sloppy run game on camp's first day, ball on ground too often. Wants it cleaned up immediately.

Comment woodbuck27: Yes Sir ! Yes Sir !!

vince
08-01-2017, 07:30 AM
I don't recall any plays that stood out. But he sure is noticeable out there. Impressive looking athlete. Played only 1 year of college football, so a real project. Might be worth a PS spot if he's willing to work. Might still have a basketball body at this point and need to bulk up.
Agreed thanks Joe. From Saturday's practice pics....
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/07-July/temp170729-practice-52--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Teamcheez1
08-01-2017, 09:24 AM
The Packer hamstring is dead.

Long live the Packer foot.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
Significant news from #Packers coach Mike McCarthy this morning. Rookie DT Montravius Adams will miss multiple weeks with a foot injury.

MM said Montravius Adams had foot surgery this morning.
I see IR and a wasted rookie season for Adams this year.

gbgary
08-01-2017, 10:29 AM
MM said Montravius Adams had foot surgery this morning.
I see IR and a wasted rookie season for Adams this year.

let's hope not.

pbmax
08-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Uh-Oh

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
Top pick CB Kevin King is not practicing. Will get update post-practice. But #Packers now without King, M.Adams and Biegel from top 4 picks. – at Ray Nitschke Field

smuggler
08-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Eww.

Zool
08-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Not expecting much from Biegel or Adams anyway. So long as the Carolina Reaper is healthy and King plays, we're okay.

pbmax
08-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 1m1 minute ago

King has a shoulder injury. #Packers

hoosier
08-01-2017, 11:39 AM
2017 is shaping out to be a quintessential Packer draft.

Joemailman
08-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Overheard: Right after coach Mike McCarthy told everyone to "pick it up," defensive tackle Brian Price forced a fumble during the highly competitive half-line running drill. Price stripped rookie running back Williams Stanback.

With Adams' injury and Guion's suspension, Price's chances of making the team are improving. He had a hell of a camp/preseason last year. One to watch in preseason games.

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 1m1 minute ago

King has a shoulder injury. #Packers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/kevin-king?id=2557996

Will Kevin King be strong enough and tough enough for the NFL !?

woodbuck27
08-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Uh-Oh

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
Top pick CB Kevin King is not practicing. Will get update post-practice. But #Packers now without King, M.Adams and Biegel from top 4 picks. – at Ray Nitschke Field

Ohh Boy.

vince
08-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Agreed thanks Joe. From Saturday's practice pics....
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/07-July/temp170729-practice-52--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720
More pimpin' of Clark from today's practice...

Michael Cohen ✔ @Michael_Cohen13
Very impressive leaping catch by WR Michael Clark over CB Lenzy Pipkins during 1 on 1s. #Packers
He also fumbled one in the ball security drill though...

Joemailman
08-01-2017, 08:09 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/01/mike-mccarthy-confirms-surgery-for-packers-rookie-montravius-adams/

Green Bay Packers rookie defensive lineman Montravius Adams had successful surgery on his injured foot, coach Mike McCarthy confirmed on Tuesday morning.

McCarthy stuck to the same vague timeline he outlined on Monday, saying Adams is expected to be out “multiple weeks.”

UPDATE: Ian Rapoport of NFL Network says Adams is expected to be out six weeks, although the team hopes he returns sooner.

Screw inserted. Out about 6 weeks or so. Hope is a few less
Rapoport reported on Monday that Adams needed a screw inserted to fix a stress fracture in his foot.

Adams first suffered the injury during Friday’s practice. He sat out padded practices on Saturday and Monday.

Teammates were disappointed for Adams, who was enjoying a strong start to camp.

“Just the first two days of practice, his explosiveness, how he gets upfield, he looked real good,” second-year defensive lineman Kenny Clark said, according to Tom Silverstein of PackersNews.com.

Veteran Ricky-Jean Francois said Adams looked “pretty special.”

pbmax
08-01-2017, 09:24 PM
OK, take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 10h10 hours ago
Doesn't seem like King's shoulder is serious. Watched practice. No sling. Biegel improving. Montravius is the one to probably worry about.

King, who’d worked with the No. 1 defense the previous three days, was able to watch most of practice, which would seem to indicate his injury isn’t severe. Fellow cornerback Herb Waters, who also has a shoulder injury, has been nowhere to be seen since reinjuring himself on the first day of camp.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-rookie-cornerback-kevin-king-misses-practice-due-to-shoulder/article_985dbb29-d65c-5ae5-a1e5-dad7725d6c3e.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wistatejournal

pbmax
08-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Same Wilde article:

With King out, the Packers used veteran Davon House, who has been with the No. 1 defense every day of camp, and Quinten Rollins as the outside corners and Damarious Randall inside in the slot. The previous three days, Rollins was inside with King outside and Randall working with the No. 2 defense.

Gunter might be behind Rollins at this point.

hoosier
08-02-2017, 07:39 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/01/mike-mccarthy-confirms-surgery-for-packers-rookie-montravius-adams/

Encouraging to hear the early praise. It would be nice to see TT finally find a second lineman who can generate inside pressure. Since Packer injuries usually take double the time of initial prognosis to heal, we can hope that Adams will make a contribution during the second half of the season as the Packers rise to the top of the NFC.

pbmax
08-02-2017, 03:04 PM
From Wilde Twitter

#Packers CBs coach Joe Whitt on Quinten Rollins: "Q's practiced better than all of them ... he's pretty much outplayed everybody."

Rutnstrut
08-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged sloppy run game on camp's first day, ball on ground too often. Wants it cleaned up immediately.

Comment woodbuck27: Yes Sir ! Yes Sir !!

Let's hope it's not one of those things that they'll have to fix 3 games into the season. There always seems to be something basic.

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Same Wilde article:

https://asbiediaries.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gomer.jpg?w=584

Surprize surprize !!

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Let's hope it's not one of those things that they'll have to fix 3 games into the season. There always seems to be something basic.

That seems like a reference and everything Mike McCarthy might be commonly quoted as saying.

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:09 PM
From Wilde Twitter

#Packers CBs coach Joe Whitt on Quinten Rollins: "Q's practiced better than all of them ... he's pretty much outplayed everybody."

That certainly does NOT seem a positive and one if not the (biggest concern or Packer Secondary -DB's) and the Green Bay Pecker 'D'.

QBME
08-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Same Wilde article:

As all receivers have been to this point evidently.

Joemailman
08-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Probably doesn't mean anything, but it looks like TT rolled out of bed just in time for his PC.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Thompson-Family-Night-a-good-testing-tool/bc40a4de-c77e-416c-970d-c2e99d1f8ce5

pbmax
08-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Seriously, Ted looks very tired.

Joemailman
08-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Seriously, Ted looks very tired.

Yes he does. A little surprising that that's the case now. I can see it around the draft, or when he's out scouting. But the only scouting to be done now is watching practice.

smuggler
08-03-2017, 12:36 AM
Encouraging to hear the early praise. It would be nice to see TT finally find a second lineman who can generate inside pressure. Since Packer injuries usually take double the time of initial prognosis to heal, we can hope that Adams will make a contribution during the second half of the season as the Packers rise to the top of the NFC.
Dean Lowry looks decent.

pbmax
08-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Dean Lowry looks decent.

He starts in base right now.

Actually, I should say he's practicing with the first team now.

Joemailman
08-03-2017, 04:00 PM
The Packers have signed rookie DT Aiulua Fanene from Arizona, his agent Aaron Gordon told ESPN. The native of Samoa is the younger brother of Jonathan Fanene, who played for the Bengals and Patriots. He should provide depth after rookie third-round DT Montravius Adams had foot surgery and is expected to miss multiple weeks. Fanene likely will take the roster spot of cornerback Herb Waters, who is expected to be placed on injured reserve because of a shoulder injury.

We have our first casualty.

Rutnstrut
08-03-2017, 07:10 PM
We have our first casualty.

Not a real shocker that it's someone on the D.

pbmax
08-03-2017, 08:51 PM
King was back at practice.

pbmax
08-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
Kevin King will practice. And be tested. FREE story ahead of tonight's practice, which starts in 17 minutes

Free story at Scout.com: https://t.co/jrSSnAqWov

woodbuck27
08-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Probably doesn't mean anything, but it looks like TT rolled out of bed just in time for his PC.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Thompson-Family-Night-a-good-testing-tool/bc40a4de-c77e-416c-970d-c2e99d1f8ce5

Does Ted Thompson ever say anything that makes any real sense? That man looks very seriously vacant.

I feel terribly for Ted Thompson because it sure seems that he isn't all there. I see a man that soon must retire as the Green Bay Packer GM.

vince
08-04-2017, 01:00 AM
More pimpin' of Clark from today's practice...

He also fumbled one in the ball security drill though...

Thursday practice

Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
Michael Clark with another ridiculous leaping catch that had the rest of the WRs falling on the ground in disbelief. Gunter was the CB.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGWp1AyWAAAJlOm.jpg:large

pbmax
08-04-2017, 07:54 AM
RED ZONE TARGET!

Zool
08-04-2017, 08:44 AM
Marques Colston anyone?

hoosier
08-04-2017, 08:45 AM
RED ZONE TARGET!

Ruvell Martin II?

Pugger
08-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Not a real shocker that it's someone on the D.

Did any of you truly believe this kid had a chance to make the final 53? I feel bad for the player but this isn't a huge loss.

Pugger
08-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Thursday practice

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGWp1AyWAAAJlOm.jpg:large

Where did we get this guy from?

Smidgeon
08-04-2017, 11:01 AM

The big and tall store.

Freak Out
08-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Ruvell Martin II?

Please no.

call_me_ishmael
08-04-2017, 01:10 PM
I am surprised to see Ruvell fade out so quick. He was a #3 here for a hot minute, wasn't he?

woodbuck27
08-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Did any of you truly believe this kid had a chance to make the final 53? I feel bad for the player but this isn't a huge loss.

I hope that (and believe that) he surely did believe he would make the Final 53.

woodbuck27
08-04-2017, 04:39 PM

What!? The badly beaten defensive back ? Maybe cut him already !?

pbmax
08-04-2017, 10:29 PM
I am surprised to see Ruvell fade out so quick. He was a #3 here for a hot minute, wasn't he?

Ruvell was #5 in the Big 5 WR package in his heyday.

smuggler
08-05-2017, 03:01 AM
I was surprised to learn Ruvell Martin went to Saginaw Valley (as Janis did). I wonder what the Packer connection is there, if any.

pbmax
08-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Jamaal Williams is getting first team reps.

Pass blocking seems to be the emphasis.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 10:12 AM
From Friday Night. Night off for a lot pf vets.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Lane Taylor buries Guion in one-on-ones.

Twitter
Michael Cohen
@Michael_Cohen13
Winston Moss praised Jayrone Elliott's work in the run game. Elliott just blew up Lance Kendricks to disrupt a running play. #Packers

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Great CB vs. WR one on ones. Randall with his first INT on deep ball. Hawkins stoning much bigger Clark at the line. McCaffrey great deep.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
"Way to kick his ass, BP! That's what I'm f_ckin' talking about!"

Mike Daniels to Brian Price after Price stuffs a run in Combo.

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Also, Yancey with a great double move and runs wide open deep. Janis excellent skinny post vs Hawkins. King beat bad by Dupre but strips bal

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Gunter getting a look in the slot with the 2s in Play Action Pass.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Rollins and King start outside in Pass Under Pressure. Randall in the slot.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Jordan Tripp almost picks Hill on a pass over the middle. Tripp really coming on last few days.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Outstanding catch by Dupre going up over three defenders and landing hard and maintaining control. That's a big time play.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Josh Jones would have absolutely decapitated Callahan on a blindside blitz if not for the red jersey. Offense was in empty. Gotta get it out

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Great rainbow touch pass on a corner route in red zone to R Rodgers from Callahan. Beats Brice over the top.

Twitter
Aaron Nagler
@AaronNagler
Martellus Bennett yelling at the safety group "I just got here why you double teaming me?" Ha Ha & Josh Jones fire back unprintable things.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Richard Rodgers seems to be coming on. Beau Sandland has a knee. There goes my darkhorse.

Good reports on Brian Price. He's closest thing Packers have to a true NT. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

Nothing positive on Kyler Fackrell so far. Needs to pick it up. Elliott might be ahead of him right now.

McCaffrey keeps making plays. Battle at WR in preseason should be great.

Lane Taylor looks to be better than I ever thought he'd be.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Packers sign UDFA TE Emanuel Byrd. Played with Michael Clark at Marshall. Replaces Herb Waters on the roster.

Patler
08-05-2017, 08:01 PM

Whitt said Herb Waters was maybe their best cover corner in the off season drills. He said Waters was at the point that Tramon Williams was when he suddenly became a starter, seemingly out of no where. Just needed to continue it when the pads went on.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Cobb beats King with inside move in 1 on 1.

Brewers lead 2-0.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Dupre beat somebody deep on pass by Rodgers. Camera work not the best.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Kendricks nice catch against zone defense.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Dick Rod beats Evans down the middle from Hundley for TD

pbmax
08-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Jugs McBulge‏ @RodgersToJordy_

Jugs McBulge Retweeted 36 Days ��
Times these quarterbacks have scored less than 20 points in a playoff game

Roethlisberger: 4
Brady: 9
P.Manning: 11
E.Manning: 4
Rodgers: 0

I haven't verified these.

pbmax
08-05-2017, 08:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGfsA7sUAAAXiOp.jpg:large

pbmax
08-05-2017, 08:15 PM
In Team Reps:

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
More
#Packers top three corners right now are House, Rollins and Randall. Not King. King coming in with Hawkins and Randall with second team.

woodbuck27
08-05-2017, 08:22 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5353464-4-things-we-ve-learned-from-packers-training-camp?a_aid=36476

4 Things We've Learned From Packers Training Camp

By: Tyler Vasbinder .... 04 AUG 2017

Comment woodbuck27:

The competition for the opening spots at WR is interesting.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Interception by Jake Ryan. Hundley under pressure

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Brewers win.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Richard Rodgers having a good night.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Nice coverage by King on Dupre despite lots of time.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Rodgers and Davis not on same page in 2 minute. Rodgers threw out, Davis ran up.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Bad exchange between Hundley and Rip results in fumble recovered by Matthews.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Coby Pearson hurt after back shoulder catch against King.

Yancey beat Gunter on out route.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Aaron Peck with TD from Hundley. Couldn't make out the defender.

Joemailman
08-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Crosby misses 5 of 6

pbmax
08-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Aaron Peck with TD from Hundley. Couldn't make out the defender.

Hundley also got Rich Rod on a long TD earlier.

pbmax
08-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Crosby misses 5 of 6

Trouble with the holder is going to get Vogel competition faster than short, line drive punts.

pbmax
08-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Crosby misses 5 of 6

Wilde had it worse:

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 18m18 minutes ago
Mason Crosby missed six of his last seven kicks, including his last four to end #FamilyNight. Was 26 of 27 before those last seven kicks.

woodbuck27
08-05-2017, 10:48 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5348978-mike-mccarthy-says-changes-are-coming-to-packers-offense?a_aid=36476

Mike McCarthy Says Changes Are Coming to Packers Offense

By: Nick Rodriguez ....03 AUG 2017

Comment woodbuck27:

Did anyone see anything significant and this being the case and MM play call on Family Night?

PACKERS !

Joemailman
08-06-2017, 12:03 AM
This is pretty cool.

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2017/08-august/170805-Family-Night-story-950.jpg

mraynrand
08-06-2017, 07:34 AM
This is pretty cool.

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2017/08-august/170805-Family-Night-story-950.jpg

Yep his calf muscles look better.

Joemailman
08-06-2017, 09:34 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/05/stock-up-stock-down-from-packers-family-night-scrimmage/

CB LaDarius Gunter: A tough start to training camp rolled on for Gunter, who was beaten by Malachi Dupre, Trevor Davis and DeAngelo Yancey for bigs plays on Saturday night. It’s one thing to get beat by Julio Jones; it’s quite another to get toasted by those three

If Herb Waters wasn't in IR, Gunter would be in real danger of not making the team. Not sure if there are any other CB's on the roster who can challenge him for a roster spot. We'll see.

Brandon494
08-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Man Gunter better not make the roster.

Joemailman
08-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Does Dick Rod look lighter and perhaps quicker this year? http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Hundley_connects_with_Richard_Rodgers_for_big_play/62cfeebd-ba06-4681-8bff-81e2a5d05d4f

smuggler
08-06-2017, 09:55 AM
May as well lose weight and try to be quicker. DickRod can't block anyway.

Joemailman
08-06-2017, 10:23 AM
May as well lose weight and try to be quicker. DickRod can't block anyway.

I agree. I know he did lose weight last year after playing at 270+ for a couple of years. But I think he looks sleeker this year.

esoxx
08-06-2017, 10:40 AM
ARod looks much more comfortable and relaxed without Yoko around. I smell Super Bowl.

Freak Out
08-06-2017, 12:42 PM
This is pretty cool.

Awesome. I love how everyone is stoked except for the one girl in her dads arms....who obviously freaked when this dude came jumping into her seat. lol

mraynrand
08-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Does Dick Rod look lighter and perhaps quicker this year? http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Hundley_connects_with_Richard_Rodgers_for_big_play/62cfeebd-ba06-4681-8bff-81e2a5d05d4f

Be nice to see one or two of the rFAs really come on. Baltimore might be willing to give the Packers something for a TE. They are a little low in that category. Still Ozzie is too smart to waste anything of value for a marginal TE who might come available during cutdowns....

Fritz
08-07-2017, 04:39 PM
You corrected yourself there, Mrayn. For a second I thought you were going to go down that ol' training camp path..."maybe ____ will give us a fourth round pick for our extra FA offensive lineman who won't make the Packer roster anyway!"

Joemailman
08-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Went to practice today. Young guys got a lot of work although Rodgers played a lot.

House was out with a hammy. Montgomery only did individual work on the sideline from what I saw. Not sure I saw Jordy out here.

Big Michael Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD pulled him down for pass interference. Clark seemed a bit pissed about it.

Lowry batted down a pass which resulted in a Jake Ryan INT.

Both Dupre and Yancey had some nice plays.

Montay Crockett had a nice catch for a gig gain but had a drop later.

Barcley and Arod had a fumbled snap exchange.

Bennett grabbed the back of his leg late in practice. Didn't look too bad but I wonder if he'll be held out Thursday Night.

Hundley looked very good. Could be a fun preseason with him.

Edit:

Gunter got beat deep again. Yeah it happens to others too, but it seems to happen more with him.

Randall had a nice pass breakup while playing slot. Did a nice job of playing physical to get position.

pbmax
08-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Rodgers ran the scout team, Hundley was with the 1s.

Hundley said of Rodgers: "He does a damn good impersonation of Carson Wentz."

mraynrand
08-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Lowry batted down a pass which resulted in a Jake Ryan INT.

must have been a screen pass or check-down.

mraynrand
08-07-2017, 11:56 PM
You corrected yourself there, Mrayn. For a second I thought you were going to go down that ol' training camp path..."maybe ____ will give us a fourth round pick for our extra FA offensive lineman who won't make the Packer roster anyway!"

yeah, to get something, the guy has to be valuable to multiple teams, so a team is afraid of them hitting the open market. A good showing by Packer TEs might just net a conditional seventh rounder.

pbmax
08-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Biegel Refuses to Bite

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/08/07/biegel-injured-foot-getting-stronger-but-return-date-uncertain/547142001/

He will not share whatever his targeted return date is. Which I assume means its Friday or next offseason.

mraynrand
08-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Biegel Refuses to Bite

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/08/07/biegel-injured-foot-getting-stronger-but-return-date-uncertain/547142001/

He will not share whatever his targeted return date is. Which I assume means its Friday or next offseason.

He won't say when he'll be unleashed? He's very cagy.

Pugger
08-08-2017, 09:09 AM
I suspect he hasn't been told...

gbgary
08-08-2017, 09:31 AM
I suspect he hasn't been told...

there's absolutely no reason to hurry him back. there's already two guys just like him on the team. just take their time with him.

Fritz
08-08-2017, 10:26 AM
How long will the Biegel be a PUP? When will he finally become a dog and be unleashed?

pbmax
08-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy: We're creating opportunities where young players are and create as many combinations as possible.

McCarthy: Fourth preseason game will be more competitive with only one roster cut.

McCarthy: This is a Thursday type practice today. We need to improve on what we did Wednesday with transition to the cards (scout team).

McCarthy: I'll call the first three games and Edgar Bennett will call plays in the last preseason game.

McCarthy: Don't have a long term concern for CB Davon House (hamstring).

Upnorth
08-08-2017, 12:54 PM
McCarthy: Don't have a long term concern for CB Davon House (hamstring).

So he's out for the season then?

vince
08-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Aaron Nagler ✔ @AaronNagler
There he goes again. Hundley hits a leaping Michael Clark on a perfectly thrown corner route. Clark skies over D Randall for the TD.

Aaron Nagler ✔ @AaronNagler
Another TD catch from Clark, this one from Rodgers. The QBs are clearly enjoying throwing it up to him.

McCaffery has reportedly been really good and I think has a shot at the 53, but none of those guys fighting for roster spots has the potential of the big man. If he can get a year to actually learn how to play the game, look out. Harold Carmichael Jr. with hops.

Joemailman
08-08-2017, 06:46 PM
McCaffery has reportedly been really good and I think has a shot at the 53, but none of those guys fighting for roster spots has the potential of the big man. If he can get a year to actually learn how to play the game, look out. Harold Carmichael Jr. with hops.

Not sure if you saw my post from yesterday Vince. Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD committed intentional PI to prevent a TD. The final cutdown at WR is going to be interesting. If he has a big preseason, the Packers may have a tough time sneaking him onto the PS. Might need to pay him to stay here.

vince
08-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Not sure if you saw my post from yesterday Vince. Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD committed intentional PI to prevent a TD. The final cutdown at WR is going to be interesting. If he has a big preseason, the Packers may have a tough time sneaking him onto the PS. Might need to pay him to stay here.
No but I did now. Thanks for that. Good fan reports are the best things to read IMO. I still remember fondly JH's classic training camp report featuring the hot red head in the stands and all her "jiggly wonder" or something like that. I went to camp a few years back and watched and talked Packers with Wayne Larrivee for 2 hours. Good times at training camp. It's great getting up close to the action too.

And I'm starting to agree that there's too much there to lose regardless of how ready Clark is now. Roster spots are going to be tight though. Not enough spots for some guys I'd like to see make the squad.

Teamcheez1
08-08-2017, 07:28 PM
No but I did now. Thanks for that. Good fan reports are the best things to read IMO. I still remember fondly JH's classic training camp report featuring the hot red head in the stands and all her "jiggly wonder" or something like that. I went to camp a few years back and watched and talked Packers with Wayne Larrivee for 2 hours. Good times at training camp. It's great getting up close to the action too.

And I'm starting to agree that there's too much there to lose regardless of how ready Clark is now. Roster spots are going to be tight though. Not enough spots for some guys I'd like to see make the squad.

Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.

vince
08-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.
Yeah that might be an opportunity to sneak him onto the PS after week 1.

Here's a nugget from Sunday featuring a couple guys I've heard virtually nothing about... from Eric Baranczyk who usually has a pretty good take on stuff I think.

Undrafted rookies Donatello Brown and Geoff Gray look like they have a chance to make the roster. Brown, a cornerback from Valdosta State, has decent size (6-0, 190) and speed (4.50 40), and he competes every down. Gray (6-5, 315), a guard from the University of Manitoba, is a mauler as a run blocker. He has a ways to go in pass protection, though, because he’s too aggressive and compromises his balance by reaching for his guy.
Not sure a guy who struggles in pass protection has much of a shot at the 53 though... Plus it's crowded along the OL and those guys have limited special teams value.
That last CB spot could be up for grabs with Waters going down and Gunter sucking it up. I seem to be reading mixed reviews about Hawkins. Haven't heard much from Lenzy Pipkins who was a pre-camp darling projected to make some people's rosters....
I think watching for one of those CB's to stand out on special teams - without getting toasted outside of course - in preseason could make the difference for someone.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2017, 08:27 PM
I went to Family Night. I thought I'd be more impressed by Clark. He had a couple of one on one deep throws, and his ball skills and competitiveness were lacking. My gut tells me that it will be Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Allison, Davis, and Janis with a couple of the rookies sneaking onto the practice squad. To me, Allison and Davis both looked much improved.

I thought Aaron Jones and Devante Mays looked rather pedestrian. Jamaal Williams looked solid, but Ty Montgomery is by far the best RB we have. If he stays healthy and improves in pass pro, he's going to surprise a lot of people around the NFL.

Taysom Hill looks like a clone of Joe Callahan.

My gut tells me House, King, Randall, Rollins, and Hawkins will be the top five corners with one other player likely slipping into the mix for a 6th spot. I was a bit disappointed in Kevin King though. He looked disinterested when he was playing off coverage. To be fair, I watched him on fewer than 10 plays.

One guy who caught my eye was ILB Cody Heiman. I had to look at the roster to see who he was. He might be a good practice squad candidate.

Joemailman
08-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Packers injury report: There was no post-practice update on TE Richard Rodgers, who dropped out midway through the practice. Others who did not practice were: WR Colby Pearson (ankle), CB Davon House (hamstring), CB Demetri Goodson (knee), OLB Vince Biegel (foot), TE Beau Sandland (knee), DT Montravius Adams (foot).

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

TE Richard Rodgers never returned to the field after dropping out early. We'll see if there's an update in the locker room.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Mason Crosby goes 6-for-6 with makes from 33, 35, 36, 38, 38 and 40. Another 38-harder was aborted when holder Justin Vogel couldn't handle a high snap.

smuggler
08-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Vogel is going to cost us a playoff victory this year, isn't he? :-(

Teamcheez1
08-09-2017, 08:36 AM
I went to Family Night. I thought I'd be more impressed by Clark. He had a couple of one on one deep throws, and his ball skills and competitiveness were lacking. My gut tells me that it will be Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Allison, Davis, and Janis with a couple of the rookies sneaking onto the practice squad. To me, Allison and Davis both looked much improved.

I thought Aaron Jones and Devante Mays looked rather pedestrian. Jamaal Williams looked solid, but Ty Montgomery is by far the best RB we have. If he stays healthy and improves in pass pro, he's going to surprise a lot of people around the NFL.

Taysom Hill looks like a clone of Joe Callahan.

My gut tells me House, King, Randall, Rollins, and Hawkins will be the top five corners with one other player likely slipping into the mix for a 6th spot. I was a bit disappointed in Kevin King though. He looked disinterested when he was playing off coverage. To be fair, I watched him on fewer than 10 plays.

One guy who caught my eye was ILB Cody Heiman. I had to look at the roster to see who he was. He might be a good practice squad candidate.

You're probably right on most of the UDFA players. There's a reason most weren't drafted and it's simply because they weren't good enough. So guys we think will be snatched up immediately by other clubs probably stand a good chance of being on the Packer's practice squad. I'm sure there are at least a couple of diamonds in the rough that will make the regular roster due to an outstanding training camp or injuries.

I also wonder if not making any cutdowns until the end of the preseason will end up helping the Packers since there will be a lot of chaos with all the players released at once?

mraynrand
08-09-2017, 08:57 AM
I also wonder if not making any cutdowns until the end of the preseason will end up helping the Packers since there will be a lot of chaos with all the players released at once?

Packers do such a good job of attracting and bringing in rookie FAs that there will no doubt be some we like that will get snatched up by someone else. There are enough good organizations that these guys get scouted and are on other team's radars (especially if they knew about them before the Packers signed them - and most probably did). Still, how many rookie FAs have the Packers let go who became great players for other teams? I can't think of one. A little help here? :)

Fritz
08-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Somebody - probably Tank/Rutnstrut - claims Charles Johnson of the Vikings is a GREAT receiver.

By the way, I am rooting for Cody Heiman, just so we can nickname him "Buster."

mraynrand
08-09-2017, 09:32 AM
since leaving, our Johnson seems to have grown in stature.

gbgary
08-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Vogel is going to cost us a playoff victory this year, isn't he? :-(

that high snap he couldn't handle was so high he had to nearly stand up to get it. it's the snapper. from all reports he's doing a real good job punting. the Packers are $22m under the cap with the guion cut. they can afford to resign brett goode now. smh...sometimes the Packers cheapness is completely baffling.

RashanGary
08-09-2017, 11:06 AM
R-E-L-A-X

It's not even pre season yet

MadScientist
08-09-2017, 11:13 AM
that high snap he couldn't handle was so high he had to nearly stand up to get it. it's the snapper. from all reports he's doing a real good job punting. the Packers are $22m under the cap with the guion cut. they can afford to resign brett goode now. smh...sometimes the Packers cheapness is completely baffling.

It wasn't cheapness, they were going for more athletic, presumably so the LS could be more of a factor in punt coverage. If it doesn't work, Goode will be back.

Rutnstrut
08-09-2017, 07:51 PM
It wasn't cheapness, they were going for more athletic, presumably so the LS could be more of a factor in punt coverage. If it doesn't work, Goode will be back.

Doesn't matter how athletic he is if he can't do his main job.

woodbuck27
08-09-2017, 09:33 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5374615-report-packers-top-draft-pick-struggling-early-in-camp?a_aid=36476

REPORT: Packers Top Draft Pick Struggling Early in Camp

" The media's draft darling ( the first pick of the second round CB Kevin King ), is getting off to a rocky start in Green Bay. ​ "

Teamcheez1
08-10-2017, 09:19 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5374615-report-packers-top-draft-pick-struggling-early-in-camp?a_aid=36476

" The media's draft darling ( the first pick of the second round CB Kevin King ), is getting off to a rocky start in Green Bay. ​ "

I'm not surprised that a rookie CB would struggle covering WR's who have been in the NFL for years. He probably saw very few good receivers while in college, and certainly the QB's were mediocre at best.

pbmax
08-10-2017, 09:52 AM

That is one whale of a report based on one bad day. And that after he ascended to the 1st team until an injury slowed him down.

RashanGary
08-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Some guys are good right away like Sam shields or Clay Matthews. Some guys take a year like Bryan Bulaga or Tramon Williams. Some guys take a few years like Nick Collins or TJ Lang or davante Adams.

R-E-L-A-X

mraynrand
08-11-2017, 06:55 AM
That is one whale of a report based on one bad day. And that after he ascended to the 1st team until an injury slowed him down.

Woodbuck demands better performance. Why are you satisfied with mediocrity?

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 11:43 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5384183-ty-montgomery-might-have-lost-hold-of-his-starting-job-on-thursday?a_aid=36476

Ty Montgomery Might Have Lost Hold of His Starting Job on Thursday

BY: Dan O'Shea ...11 AUG 2017

Comment woodbuck27: Will Ty fumble it away?

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 11:45 AM

I simply read it and then posted it. So burn me at the stake. :-)

Joemailman
08-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Packers sign Brett Goode to compete for LS job. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/12/packers-bring-back-veteran-long-snapper-brett-goode/

bobblehead
08-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Packers do such a good job of attracting and bringing in rookie FAs that there will no doubt be some we like that will get snatched up by someone else. There are enough good organizations that these guys get scouted and are on other team's radars (especially if they knew about them before the Packers signed them - and most probably did). Still, how many rookie FAs have the Packers let go who became great players for other teams? I can't think of one. A little help here? :)

Kurt Warner

mraynrand
08-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Kurt Warner

Man, you had to go back 23 years, to the first year there were 7 rounds in the draft. Warner is such an odd ball story, with the arena ball, the coaching, being passed over by the Brownies in the expansion draft, and I think even NFL Europe too, right - before the Rams. Everybody was wrong about him and only very odd circumstances gave him a shot.

pbmax
08-14-2017, 03:12 PM
The is some Packer on former Packer Twitter beefing going on.

Jermichael Finley was telling players to shut up and play the game. Martellus Bennett responded and HaHa has now joined in.

Its all very mild and boring, but the best thing about a day with no practice.

Fritz
08-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Apparently Jermichael just can't stay away.

What a pain in the neck.

bobblehead
08-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Man, you had to go back 23 years, to the first year there were 7 rounds in the draft. Warner is such an odd ball story, with the arena ball, the coaching, being passed over by the Brownies in the expansion draft, and I think even NFL Europe too, right - before the Rams. Everybody was wrong about him and only very odd circumstances gave him a shot.

To be honest I wasn't even sure he met the qualifications you put up, but he and James Harrison always stand out in my book as the greatest players to have been cut early on.

pbmax
08-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Apparently Jermichael just can't stay away.

What a pain in the neck.

The new kids aren't having any of it:

Ty Montgomery‏ @TyMontgomery2 3h3 hours ago
The fact that people tell athletes to shutup and just be athletes is beyond

Joemailman
08-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Kool-Aid report on Marwin Evans. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rock-Report-MARwin-VELOUS/edc6fec3-1cb6-40b1-adc9-1cdeccfa6dd1

Freak Out
08-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Kool-Aid report on Marwin Evans. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Rock-Report-MARwin-VELOUS/edc6fec3-1cb6-40b1-adc9-1cdeccfa6dd1

Nice! Now where are all the "he blew it vids" lol

mraynrand
08-15-2017, 07:00 AM

I don't recall that INT. Perhaps it was another attempt by the NFLN to keep me from seeing any interesting aspects of the game. That's entertainment!

Tony Oday
08-15-2017, 12:46 PM
The new kids aren't having any of it:

Ty Montgomery‏ @TyMontgomery2 3h3 hours ago
The fact that people tell athletes to shutup and just be athletes is beyond

He needs to shut the fuck up and hang on to the ball.

pbmax
08-15-2017, 02:05 PM

He went to Stanford. He can do two things at once.

In far worse news:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/15/packers-safety-josh-jones-carted-off-with-injury/

Packers rookie safety Josh Jones was carted off the practice field Tuesday with his lower leg wrapped in ice. ESPN’s Rob Demovsky reported that Jones limped off the field after “it looked like he turned his right ankle.”

mraynrand
08-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Jones is Packer People.

pbmax
08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Finally, camp is underway.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery missed practice with a lower-leg injury. DeAngelo Yancey missed practice with a groin injury. #Packers

Joemailman
08-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Jones is Packer People.

I won't respect him until he has a hamstring injury.

pbmax
08-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Finally, camp is underway.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery missed practice with a lower-leg injury. DeAngelo Yancey missed practice with a groin injury. #Packers

Lower leg injury. I wonder if its phlebitis?

Joemailman
08-15-2017, 02:49 PM
http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/39922/no-malachi-dupre-damarious-randall-for-the-packers-this-weekhttp://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/39922/no-malachi-dupre-damarious-randall-for-the-packers-this-week

And in a bizarre roster move, the Packers released defensive end Shaneil Jenkins just two days after he was claimed off waivers from Seattle. Jenkins never made it to the practice field, but the Packers offered no explanation.

“It just didn’t work out,” McCarthy said.

Others not playing this week:

Malachi Dupre
Damarious Randall
Don Barclay
Vince Biegel

woodbuck27
08-15-2017, 03:19 PM
He went to Stanford. He can do two things at once.

In far worse news:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/15/packers-safety-josh-jones-carted-off-with-injury/

This is what a Packer Training Camp resembles:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-0-18D36A8E00000578-176_634x347.jpg

woodbuck27
08-15-2017, 04:01 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5402588-ty-montgomery-and-key-packers-defender-slowed-by-injuries-tuesday?a_aid=36476

Ty Montgomery and Key Packers Defender Slowed by Injuries Tuesday

By:Nick Brown......15 AUG 2017

" Starting running back Ty Montgomery didn't have a chance to injure himself in practice today. Rather, he simply sat the whole thing out with a sore lower leg."

Joemailman
08-15-2017, 04:12 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/15/packers-training-camp-notes-and-observations-from-tuesdays-practice/

During practice, rookie safety Josh Jones dropped out with an ankle injury early on. The Packers second-round pick was on the ground as trainers administered an ice wrap around his right foot. Jones sat in a trainers cart for a good amount of time, watching practice off to the side before being taken in. Fellow safety Jermaine Whitehead also dropped out of practice.

In the secondary, cornerbacks Kevin King and Josh Hawkins worked the outside with the No. 1 defense. King had his ups and downs again in practice. He held tight coverage on an Aaron Rodgers throw to Geronimo Allison, who made a nice adjustment to catch the ball. King rebounded later in practice, breaking up a Rodgers pass to Davante Adams over the middle. Hawkins saw almost all of the No.1 reps, ahead of LaDarius Gunter. He used his speed to break up a Rodgers deep pass to Trevor Davis after Davis got behind him.

With Montgomery out, rookie Jamaal Williams was the clear No. 1 back, while fellow rookies Aaron Jones and Devante Mays saw more reps behind him. Jones had an early fumble in practice, while Mays had one of the better runs of the day with a nice cut up the middle.

Jeff Janis had a very strong day, catching plenty of passes that included a deep pass down the sideline from Rodgers to beat cornerback Raysean Pringle.

Trevor Davis saw his fair share of targets, catching several passes over the middle. Undrafted rookie Montay Crockett took advantage of his playing time, catching almost everything thrown his way.

Outside linebacker Kyler Fackrell has not had the camp many had hoped, but he did have a nice rush on tackle Jason Spriggs that could have resulted in a sack in a live game.

In the long snapper competition, veteran Brett Goode took the first four snaps in the punting section of practice, while Derek Hart took the last four. The first punt attempt happened to be a direct snap to Kentrell Brice who gained good yardage on the fake.

When the offense and defense were working with each other on one side of the field, rookie linebacker Vince Biegel and Demetri Goodson were both doing some footwork drills on the other side.

GBkrzygrl
08-15-2017, 04:17 PM
According to a report I read Jones was carted off the field with an ankle or lower leg injury. UGH!

Guiness
08-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Outside linebacker Kyler Fackrell has not had the camp many had hoped, but he did have a nice rush on tackle Jason Spriggs that could have resulted in a sack in a live game.

Spriggs again? Seems every time I've heard about an OL getting beat this year, it's Spriggs.

QBME
08-15-2017, 04:33 PM
This is what a Packer Training Camp resembles:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/18/article-0-18D36A8E00000578-176_634x347.jpg

I understand the attempt. GBP is football, the image is not.
Not humorous.

pbmax
08-15-2017, 04:40 PM
According to a report I read Jones was carted off the field with an ankle or lower leg injury. UGH!

Not quite that bad. He limped off field and got put on a cart. Iced. Stayed to watch practice then left for locker room on cart.

Smidgeon
08-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Not quite that bad. He limped off field and got put on a cart. Iced. Stayed to watch practice then left for locker room on cart.

Whew. I was about to petition to dust off the legendary Morgan Burnett ACL thread.

hoosier
08-15-2017, 07:59 PM

So you're saying it is just season ending and not career ending?

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2017, 09:49 PM
With Montgomery out, rookie Jamaal Williams was the clear No. 1 back, while fellow rookies Aaron Jones and Devante Mays saw more reps behind him. Jones had an early fumble in practice, while Mays had one of the better runs of the day with a nice cut up the middle.

Jones fumbling problems seemed pretty severe in college. He won't last long if he does improve dramatically in that department. The rookie RB competition appears to be Williams, Mays, and then Jones.

Joemailman
08-15-2017, 11:12 PM

You need to shut up and run your business. Isn't this fun?

pbmax
08-16-2017, 07:38 AM
So you're saying it is just season ending and not career ending?

Exactly. First week to week, then second opinion, then challenged to return, then bye week hopefulness, one practice, then they IR him and sign a long snapper from the School of Mines.

pbmax
08-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Packers have a new safety. Silverstein still doesn't know how to turn auto-correct off. But not nearly as funny as Tramontana.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 1m1 minute ago
S Josh James has returned to practice after suffering an ankle injury yesterday.

Rutnstrut
08-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Montgomery hurt already, it can't be. He's such a stud that can easily handle the pounding of a RB.

Brandon494
08-16-2017, 01:03 PM
The more I read on Kyler Fackrell the more I could see him being cut ��

pbmax
08-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
Twelve guys out today. Includes Yancey, Dupre, Randall, House, Barclay. Montgomery

Demovsky
Kevin King and Josh Hawkins working as the No. 1 CB comb in base defense with Davon House and Damarious Randall out. Quinten Rollins and LaDarius Gunter are with the 2s.

From multiple other sources, the injury list in full seems to be: Barclay, Randall, Dupre, Monty, House, Yancey, Whitehead, Hart (LS not released, just not at practice), M Adams, Biegel (still missing 2)

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 13s14 seconds ago
Jason Spriggs with two bad losses in the one-on-one pass rush drill. Beaten by Johnathan Calvin and put on the ground by Josh Letuligasenoa.

ITS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN!

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
Fackrell won a rep in one-on-ones. Was 0-12 this year, by my count. @RobDemovsky will tell you the two-year rally.

SERIOUSLY, SOMEONE HAS TO GET SIGNED AFTER CUT DOWNS, NO?

Silverstein
King holds own against Adams and Nelson

pbmax
08-16-2017, 01:17 PM
The more I read on Kyler Fackrell the more I could see him being cut ��

He's done next to nothing so far. Not sure I saw him except for ST versus the Eagles.

Zool
08-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Montgomery hurt already, it can't be. He's such a stud that can easily handle the pounding of a RB.

Including college, how many games did Adrian Peterson miss so far in his career?

Injury prone! Bob Stoops needs to stop recruiting soft players.

Tony Oday
08-16-2017, 03:22 PM
You need to shut up and run your business. Isn't this fun?

My business is running like a top so I can talk, his is not.

Joemailman
08-16-2017, 07:22 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/08/16/packers-training-camp-notes-and-observations-from-wednesdays-practice/

Rookie long snapper Derek Hart was not at practice today with a reported illness. With veteran Brett Goode snapping the ball today, kicker Mason Crosby went 6-for-6.

Outside linebacker Kyler Fackrell won his first 1-on-1 rep of training camp, beating rookie tackle Robert Leff. Fackrell had been 0-for-24 in one-on-one pass-rushing drills, according to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky. In the same drill, the struggles for second-year tackle Jason Spriggs continued with losses to Johnathan Calvin and Josh Letuligasenoa.

With Ty Montgomery out again on Wednesday with an injury, the three rookie running backs got more time to shine in practice.

Jamaal Williams once again worked with the No. 1 offense. Both Aaron Jones and Devante Mays had solid practices, with each producing a few good runs. Mays has consistently been able to rip off at least one good run a practice during training camp.

texaspackerbacker
08-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Including college, how many games did Adrian Peterson miss so far in his career?

Injury prone! Bob Stoops needs to stop recruiting soft players.

35 in 10 seasons = 3.5 a season, plus 6 or 8 in 3 college seasons. Do you expect Montgomery to do worse?

pbmax
08-17-2017, 09:27 AM
The Good Ship Finley is now taking on water due to close range fire. His, apparently ex-, wife blasted him on Twitter as well.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq48ml

mraynrand
08-17-2017, 09:43 AM
The Good Ship Finley is now taking on water due to close range fire. His, apparently ex-, wife blasted him on Twitter as well.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq48ml

What a bunch of horse shit. Take it to FYI @CourtFinley88! :)

pbmax
08-17-2017, 10:06 AM
From yesterday, still one injury unidentified in our most recent updates. Knew Whitehead, Peck is new to list, but that only brings it to 11.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 19h19 hours ago
The other two #Packers injuries that are new were to S Jermaine Whitehead (hip) and TE Aaron Peck (neck).

pbmax
08-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Once again, spending significant money on UFAs is dumb. http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2017/free-agency-overspending-begets-losing

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2017free-agency-3.png

Upnorth
08-17-2017, 11:20 AM

I think I read this exact sentence by a viking troll on profootballtalk this morning.

mraynrand
08-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I think I read this exact sentence by a viking troll on profootballtalk this morning.

some men just want to watch the world burn

Fritz
08-17-2017, 01:16 PM
So Montgomery is still out with a mystery injury?

This is what they mean when they talk about "The Packer Way."

Next, it'll be a vague announcement from McCarthy: "Ty has an ankle." (Geez, Coach, no wonder he can't play - he's only got one?)

Then it'll be "we're evaluating the situation. He's on a day-to-day basis right now."

Then he'll be off to see a specialist.

Then we wonder how long they'll carry him on the roster before they IR him.

Let the discussion begin as to whether they should make him one of the two players they can bring back from IR.

Rutnstrut
08-17-2017, 03:04 PM

Wasn't me. But sounds like a smart individual.

Rutnstrut
08-17-2017, 03:06 PM

Next, it'll be a vague announcement from McCarthy: "Ty has an ankle." (Geez, Coach, no wonder he can't play - he's only got one?)

Then it'll be "we're evaluating the situation. He's on a day-to-day basis right now."

Let the discussion begin as to whether they should make him one of the two players they can bring back from IR.

You are probably spot on there. Looks like I may have given him too much credit, when I said months ago, that he wouldn't make it to the bye without missing time.

Smidgeon
08-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Close. He has a "lower leg"

Fritz
08-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Close. He has a "lower leg"

So if the injury were slightly higher would MM say "Ty hurt his middle leg in practice today"?

mraynrand
08-17-2017, 09:17 PM
So if the injury were slightly higher would MM say "Ty hurt his middle leg in practice today"?

At least we know if Dean Lowry suffers an arm injury this won't be an issue. Lower, middle, upper - all the same.

Joemailman
08-19-2017, 10:46 PM
At least we know if Dean Lowry suffers an arm injury this won't be an issue. Lower, middle, upper - all the same.

Sure. Make jokes about Lowry getting hurt What could go wrong? :smack:

mraynrand
08-20-2017, 07:17 AM

You appear armed and dangerous.

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers' injury report:

Dean Lowry: Knee
Jordan Tripp: does have a concussion
LaDarius Gunter: does NOT have a concussion
Derrick Mathews: still being evaluated for a concussion
Jermaine Whitehead: hip

pbmax
08-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers' injury report:

Dean Lowry: Knee
Jordan Tripp: does have a concussion
LaDarius Gunter: does NOT have a concussion
Derrick Mathews: still being evaluated for a concussion
Jermaine Whitehead: hip

First time I have seen them report NO concussion. Good to know the diagnosis runs both ways sometimes.

pbmax
08-20-2017, 10:46 AM
http://scout.com/nfl/packers/ContentGallery/Green-Bay-Packers-Tackle-Their-Problems-in-Beating-Redskins-106327076

Freebie. From 16 to 6 missed tackles last night and half of the game had Wash starters.

Offense forced 15 missed tackles. I think half were on Hill's TD run.

pbmax
08-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Same article highlights:

Pringles returned to field after concussion last week. Whitehead re-aggravated his hip.

Vogel should be on duds list with four punts under 4 seconds of hang time. Hit a LOT of line drives.

Special teams obviously (Vogel and Davis fumble) took step back.

King was better, Rollins was solid and Hawkins stood out in dBackfield.

Packer first half D won TOP battle by five minutes and help Wash starters to 6/17 on 3rd down.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Same article highlights:

Pringles returned to field after concussion last week. Whitehead re-aggravated his hip.

Vogel should be on duds list with four punts under 4 seconds of hang time. Hit a LOT of line drives.

Special teams obviously (Vogel and Davis fumble) took step back.

King was better, Rollins was solid and Hawkins stood out in dBackfield.

Packer first half D won TOP battle by five minutes and help Wash starters to 6/17 on 3rd down.

I thought Vogel punted pretty decently last night.

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 02:29 PM
I thought Vogel punted pretty decently last night.

The Packers coverage units were better than the punter.

pbmax
08-20-2017, 02:59 PM
The coverage units did help with those line drives. but so did the muff.

Rutnstrut
08-20-2017, 06:14 PM
So it should be in the next couple of days where they announce that Monty is out for the season?

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 06:55 PM
So it should be in the next couple of days where they announce that Monty is out for the season?

Nah. MM hasn't said "significant injury" yet.

Anybody know what a "soft tissue" injury is?

pbmax
08-20-2017, 07:36 PM

Means muscle, ligament or tendon. Or organ.

Problem is they usually don't tread this lightly unless its bad. Waiting this long might mean second opinion.

hoosier
08-20-2017, 07:38 PM

It's the stuff that microbes like to eat when the body dies: muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, that kind of stuff. I don't believe cartilage qualifies as soft tissue, but I also doubt MM is versed on the clinical distinction. He probably has a calf or something. Old McDonald had a.....

pbmax
08-20-2017, 07:53 PM
It's the stuff that microbes like to eat when the body dies: muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, that kind of stuff. I don't believe cartilage qualifies as soft tissue, but I also doubt MM is versed on the clinical distinction. He probably has a calf or something. Old McDonald had a.....

For a second I was thinking you were going to diagnose ebola.

pbmax
08-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Baranczyk makes some good points about Spriggs, Janis, McCaffrey, Davis and Vogel.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/baranczyk/2017/08/20/packers-still-waiting-signs-jason-spriggs-pick-pay-off/581329001/

hoosier
08-20-2017, 08:12 PM
For a second I was thinking you were going to diagnose ebola.

Good point. How long till an epidemiologist decides to make Packer training camp their next research project?

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Baranczyk makes some good points about Spriggs, Janis, McCaffrey, Davis and Vogel.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/baranczyk/2017/08/20/packers-still-waiting-signs-jason-spriggs-pick-pay-off/581329001/

Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?

pbmax
08-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?

That might explain some and I am willing to buy the explanation for that slice. But somehow Hundley figured out how to use him. Might just be small sample size. Hundley sees him more. But I think some of Saturday was legit with him, this wasn't just coasting by the 3rd and 4th string two years ago.

Fritz
08-21-2017, 12:46 PM

...And Lowry gets hurt in the next exhibition game. Sheesh.

If Lowry's lost for the season it's Armageddon.

smuggler
08-21-2017, 02:55 PM
I think if Lowry were seriously hurt, we would know by now.

pbmax
08-21-2017, 03:01 PM
The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.

Harlan Huckleby
08-21-2017, 03:04 PM
...And Lowry gets hurt in the next exhibition game. Sheesh.

If Lowry's lost for the season it's Armageddon.

you're really going out on a limb there. I say it's a recoverable loss.

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2017, 05:39 PM
The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.

I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.

Rutnstrut
08-21-2017, 06:41 PM
I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.

The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

pbmax
08-21-2017, 06:59 PM
The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?