PDA

View Full Version : Official 2017-18 PackerRats Fantasy Football Signup

pbmax
07-23-2017, 07:24 PM
Sign up NOW for PackerRat Fantasy Football. This is the thread to throw your name in for a GM slot.

Even if you have never before considered joining PackerRats before because of our terrible taste in music (Romper Room (http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php?8-The-Romper-Room)), well-ventilated political commentary (FYI (http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php?18-F-Y-I)) or various fethishes (Garbage Can (http://packerrats.com/forumdisplay.php?15-The-Garbage-Can)), you should join in. FF is mostly PG-13 unless you draft Bretsky's sleeper TE in Round 6 just ahead of him. If you are lucky, woodbuck will invite you to the Meadow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo)!

Mad will even throw in a bump in your reputation points if you win the Division or Championship. Probably.

Go here for the discussion of the League and its particulars: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29795-Official-Rules-and-Debating-Society-for-PackerRats-Fantasy-Football-2017-18. The 2017-18 version of this thread will be available shortly after this hits the Packers board.

Use this thread to join up. We had 20 teams last year and it worked pretty well. Would love to get to 30 this year and we stand an outside chance. We are well behind last year's schedule (being early did not get us to 30 GMs regardless) and we still know exactly how we are setting up the Divisions this year.

We are also looking for 2 or 3 volunteers to be a Commish for the Division. You will have help with almost all setup, but we need someone to verify that the draft date works for most owners in your Division and to monitor that teams are keeping their lineup up to date. You will likely not be called upon for Solomonic feats of wisdom, but just in case, you can start reading here (http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm).

Just post your commissioner-curious status when you join up.

pbmax
07-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Mods, please sticky this thread on the Packer board.

Also sticky the rules and league discussion thread in the Fantasy Sports forum.

Thanks.

Also, please un-sticky this one: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28934-Official-Rules-and-Debating-Society-for-PackerRats-Fantasy-Football-2016

pbmax
07-23-2017, 07:35 PM
If you want in, post in this thread. Also indicate if willing to be commish for a Division.

Rutnstrut
07-23-2017, 09:24 PM
I am in, although I'm worse at FF than anyone, even Red;) I know nothing about being a commish but I do have quite a bit of flexibility time wise to be online.

Zool
07-24-2017, 01:40 AM
In

Bretsky
07-24-2017, 07:21 AM
I am in, although I'm worse at FF than anyone, even Red;) I know nothing about being a commish but I do have quite a bit of flexibility time wise to be online.

How can you be worse than Red ? lol; JK

I an waffling on my decision; it's been a fun ride and it's taken a toll on my body.
I may have to have a presser to announce my retirement :)

Tony Oday
07-24-2017, 08:40 AM
In, don't need anyone to fly to me and get me to lead my team to a 3rd place finish...

pbmax
07-24-2017, 08:46 AM

I an waffling on my decision; it's been a fun ride and it's taken a toll on my body.

Decide by next March or we trade you to a Jets message board.

Freak Out
07-24-2017, 09:39 AM
In

Joemailman
07-24-2017, 05:54 PM
In

Bretsky
07-25-2017, 06:40 AM
Decide by next March or we trade you to a Jets message board.

The Jets ? Are you kidding ?
Can you just release me so I can head to Minnesota ???

pbmax
07-25-2017, 07:37 AM
last years teams and owners, as much as I can remember:

Thompson

#23TacklingMachine pbmax
The Gang Green Joe
Spaulding's Team Spaulding
Rut's Renegades RutNstrut
VegasPackFan'sTeam VegasPackFan
red's raiders red
Zool will not wi Zool
Harvey Wallbangers Harvey Wallbangers
pwn3d maybe this was DenverYooper?
lewcwa lewcwa
ThanksTed BZnDallas
Eric's Team Eric

pbmax
07-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Wolf:

ELIOT WOLF Bretsky
Dinah-Moe Humm Freak Out, has to be
Naked Bootleggers Bossman, best avatars in the business
Old Hippies wist
Lacy's Lost Weight Cheesehead Craig
Smarty Pints Guiness
More Banjo Tony Oday, who will likely not be signing Kaepernick as his backup QB
Barley Whiners TravBreww
Danish Pastry mmmdk
Yeti's flutters If this isn't yestisnowman or yetisnowman's significant other, I don't know what to say
Curly Starrs Superfan
Ball Grabbers Skin?

Tony Oday
07-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Wolf:

ELIOT WOLF Bretsky
Dinah-Moe Humm Freak Out, has to be
Naked Bootleggers Bossman, best avatars in the business
Old Hippies wist
Lacy's Lost Weight Cheesehead Craig
Smarty Pints Guiness
More Banjo Tony Oday, who will likely not be signing Kaepernick as his backup QB
Barley Whiners TravBreww
Danish Pastry mmmdk
Yeti's flutters If this isn't yestisnowman or yetisnowman's significant other, I don't know what to say
Curly Starrs Superfan
Ball Grabbers Skin?

For sure I will. Kaep is a wonderful human that is just misunderstood by evil NFL Fans and the majority of the public.

pbmax
07-28-2017, 05:54 AM
1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman

wist43
07-29-2017, 06:07 PM

Coward ;)

I'm in... even though I have exactly zero free time these days - I'm sure I can ride my best roster in either league to an ignominious finish!!!

The old saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good" doesn't apply to me... almost always have very good teams, but am never lucky!!! It's karma for the sins of past lives I guess :(

pbmax
07-29-2017, 08:15 PM
1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43

Rutnstrut
07-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Speaking of Red. I haven't seen him post lately, I hope all is well.

Joemailman
07-30-2017, 03:43 PM
We need some people to return from their summer sabbaticals. Red is one of those.

swede
07-31-2017, 03:02 PM
I am in if you have a spot.

I am still chasing the fantasy football low-water point I attained in the early 00s when I finished 2nd in my league in points and last in wins. I would have fired the defensive coordinator if I had one.

pbmax
07-31-2017, 03:53 PM
swede is in.

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede

red
07-31-2017, 07:05 PM
Speaking of Red. I haven't seen him post lately, I hope all is well.

We need some people to return from their summer sabbaticals. Red is one of those.

i'm fine, but i'm out

i have zero interest in football anymore, this team has managed to kill my spirit. i can't even remember the last time i didn't give a shit at all about the team during pre season

in fact, i can only name 2 of our draft picks

i just started looking at this site about a week or 2 ago, and i've maybe spent 5 minutes total on the site. i haven't looked at PFT in a couple months

like i told PB when the site was down, i was fine with the place being dead. i have zero emotional currency to waste on the current packer organization

wist43
07-31-2017, 07:11 PM
i'm fine, but i'm out

i have zero interest in football anymore, this team has managed to kill my spirit. i can't even remember the last time i didn't give a shit at all about the team during pre season

i just started looking at this site about a week or 2 ago, and i've maybe spent 5 minutes total on the site. i haven't looked at PFT in a couple months

like i told PB when the site was down, i was fine with the place being dead. i have zero emotional currency to waste on the current packer organization

Is flying that flaming G upside down your signal for distress??

Would firing Capers help your optimism?? I can give MM a call and see if he'll listen to reason :)

pbmax
08-01-2017, 08:58 AM
i'm fine, but i'm out

So how does this affect your drafting philosophy for Fantasy Football?

Rutnstrut
08-01-2017, 10:30 PM
i'm fine, but i'm out

Come on man. Don't make me be the only drunk realist that has to deal with these homers;)

LEWCWA
08-04-2017, 01:55 AM
I'm in

pbmax
08-04-2017, 10:25 PM
1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA

Rutnstrut
08-08-2017, 04:04 PM
pb, I know we have some time yet. But just wondering if you have a prospective date for the draft? I will be in no mans land for a few days in early Sept and will have no cell or internet.

pbmax
08-09-2017, 10:46 AM
The drafts for these Leagues almost always happen on the weekend (or weekday) immediately preceding the opening Thursday Night game.

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 12:16 PM
The Jets ? Are you kidding ?
Can you just release me so I can head to Minnesota ???

It seems to me that is the proper thing to do given your long standing strong performance here.

mmmdk
08-20-2017, 03:44 AM
Is it too late to say: I'm in ?

pbmax
08-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Is it too late to say: I'm in ?

You are in.

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 05:34 PM
If you have an odd number you can drop me and all is good; I"m also fine to be in the league as well if I get things to an even number. If Red wasn't such a pussy he'd just hire me to draft for him and keep playing :)))) I should get my avatar changed with the FFL theme sometimes; but I wantto keep hot chicks there too so I"m unsure what to do.

Drafts always seem to end up late night one night a few days before the season. For me to be a part I have to be at the draft. I am probably fine any night 8 PM or after except the Tuesday before he season starts. I will be in an auction draft from that night from 7PM til about midnight ; cost of that league is about 500 and it pays out well so I have to be there.

Cheers All
Brett

pbmax
08-26-2017, 05:47 PM
I am sending out PMs and email reminders this weekend to wrap up the enrollment.

Then we'll get the Division(s) rolling and a draft date. I would bet it will be Tuesday/Wednesday before the season opener. 8 PM central start or so.

red
08-26-2017, 05:53 PM
fine

if you have an odd number, then fine

i only to force dickhead into having to play

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 05:57 PM
fine

if you have an odd number, then fine

i only to force dickhead into having to play

:)........Red all kidding aside you are kind of fun to give shit in FFL; plus I need somebody to pad my record if I'm in ....................hahaha

P.S.---My draft board does not cost that much if you need help

B

pbmax
08-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Red is in.

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red

swede
08-27-2017, 12:52 AM
Which scoring system do we follow?

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2017, 03:02 AM
It looks like I'm too late.

red
08-27-2017, 07:30 AM
It looks like I'm too late.

you can have my spot

pbmax
08-27-2017, 08:15 AM
We still have some outstanding invitations. Keep signing up.

Only need 8 more for two divisions of 10. Pretty sure about 2 of those.

pbmax
08-27-2017, 11:20 PM
1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red
13. Harvey's Wallbangera

pbmax
08-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Which scoring system do we follow?

Its a Point Per Reception league with pretty standard scoring except that I am toying with the idea of 6 points for QB TDs (previously its been 4 pos) and docking 4 points for turnovers instead of 2.

Details here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29795-Official-Rules-and-Debating-Society-for-PackerRats-Fantasy-Football-2017-18

wist43
08-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Its a Point Per Reception league with pretty standard scoring except that I am toying with the idea of 6 points for QB TDs (previously its been 4 pos) and docking 4 points for turnovers instead of 2.

Details here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29795-Official-Rules-and-Debating-Society-for-PackerRats-Fantasy-Football-2017-18

-4 pts per TO should be a nonstarter...

It gives the elite QB's far too much of an advantage... you could make the argument then that Rodgers should be the #1 pick.... it skews things too much.

mraynrand
08-28-2017, 10:19 AM
you could make the argument then that Rodgers should be the #1 pick

who the hell else should be?

pbmax
08-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Rodgers should be the #1 QB pick (its either him or Brady usually). But drafting a QB early in the first round (other than prime age Peyton Manning, Rodgers in 2011 or 2007 Brady with Moss) is a big opportunity cost.

Most leagues have 10 or 12 teams. Each of those teams needs 1 QB. There are 32 of those guys available, not all of whom will start every game but most of whom will throw a large volume of passes. The way that QBs are scored (esp. 4 points per TD, 1 or 2 points deducted for TO) means that the gap between the top QBs (Rodgers/Brees/Brady) and the bottom (I won or nearly won a fantasy league with Blake Bortles' garbage time extravaganza) isn't that huge a number.

Tradition and current league setup dictates your team will have 2 RBs and 2 or 3 WRs. There aren't enough top end backs to give each team two, nor enough top end WRs to get each team to three. For those positions, there aren't reliable difference makers by Round 4 and you are hopeful to get someone reliable without much risk. To get top production from RB or WR after Round 3, you need to draft some risks. In most drafts you can get Rodgers or Brady early in 3 and Ben or Brees in the fourth. In a Wisconsin league Rodgers is probably gone earlier.

The most logical way to deal with this is a league that requires you to start 2 QBs each week. Then the shit hits the playing time fan. Most players hate that setup for that very reason. 6 points for QB TDs and bigger deductions for turnovers (QB always lead the league in TOs) is a way to make the difference between the top QB and the 12th QB wider.

Rewards teams that invest in a QB earlier.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2017, 01:07 PM
I'd keep the scoring setup the same. Very few are going to watch to change to something that isn't widely accepted and doesn't have many experts that rank players with that scoring setup. I don't have a lot of time to devote to see how that scoring setup will change the consensus rankings

Bretsky
08-28-2017, 06:31 PM
it would be frickin awesome to have 2 QB starters !! Keep scoring the same but make every team start 2 QB's

Bretsky
08-28-2017, 06:31 PM
looks like we are close to having two 8 team leagues

Tony Oday
08-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Where do we sign up? Yahoo? Is there a link?

Bossman641
08-28-2017, 09:11 PM
In if there's still room

wist43
08-28-2017, 11:24 PM
The problem with -4 per TO isn't so much that it inflates the value of a guy like Rodgers, it's that it completely kills the value of guys like Rothlesrapist and Stafford, et al.

Suppose Rodgers throws 3 tds 0 picks and Rothlesrapist throws 3 and 3... in 4,2 scoring the difference is 6 pts; in 6,4 scoring the difference is 12.

That's a big enough spread - that over the course of a season anyone that doesn't have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees is unlikely to be able to compete.

It's simply too big a variable at 1 position.

pbmax
08-29-2017, 09:09 AM
The problem with -4 per TO isn't so much that it inflates the value of a guy like Rodgers, it's that it completely kills the value of guys like Rothlesrapist and Stafford, et al.

Suppose Rodgers throws 3 tds 0 picks and Rothlesrapist throws 3 and 3... in 4,2 scoring the difference is 6 pts; in 6,4 scoring the difference is 12.

That's a big enough spread - that over the course of a season anyone that doesn't have Rodgers, Brady, or Brees is unlikely to be able to compete.

It's simply too big a variable at 1 position.

But a scoring system that treats the QB more equitably, isn't telling you anything about their respective talents (for FF purposes anyway).

We'll see. The only notes I am getting back are against. So we might wait a year to consider it again.

Rutnstrut
08-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Just keep it the way you had it planned PB. No reason to do a bunch of changing last minute.

wist43
08-29-2017, 08:12 PM
But a scoring system that treats the QB more equitably, isn't telling you anything about their respective talents (for FF purposes anyway).

We'll see. The only notes I am getting back are against. So we might wait a year to consider it again.

As I pointed out, it's not more equitable... it's skewed toward the elite QB's.

Bretsky
08-29-2017, 09:45 PM
As I pointed out, it's not more equitable... it's skewed toward the elite QB's.

Did we get docked last year for INT's ? I should probably read the rules

wist43
08-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Did we get docked last year for INT's ? I should probably read the rules

I think -2... that's standard.

mmmdk
08-30-2017, 04:04 AM
Turnovers should be -2 only.

Rutnstrut
08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Not to be bitchin, but. It would be kind of nice to know when we draft.

Travbrew
08-30-2017, 11:26 PM
I'm in if you need another...sorry I'm late to the game. New career is a serious time suck.

pbmax
08-31-2017, 09:29 AM
I'm in if you need another...sorry I'm late to the game. New career is a serious time suck.

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red
13. Harvey's Wallbangers
14. Travbrew

14 Team, previous version of PackerRats scoring system it is.

There will be no cross divisional Rat Bowl, but top 4 teams as determined by Yahoo will go on to the single elimination Rat Bowl in Weeks 15 and 16 for the Rat Bowl Championship.

If you are considering bailing, now is the time to do it. You do not NEED to bail, 14 teams will be a nice draft challenge. But if you think the commitment was in error, PM me. I will try to pair people up to keep the League functional (even numbers 10 or above).

But I am kinda looking forward to a 14 team draft.

pbmax
08-31-2017, 09:48 AM
DRAFT Selected Date and Time
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Time: 8:30 pm CDT

Draft picks 1 minute 30 seconds each.

There are two changes this year. There are 16 roster spots, 9 starters (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,SuperFLEX™, TE, Def, K) and 7 bench spots. 16 rounds will take just over an hour.

The other change is that the Flex position (RB/WR/TE) is now a SuperFLEX™ position (QB/RB/WR/TE).

pbmax
08-31-2017, 09:50 AM
There will be a slight delay in the join link as weirdly ALL the owners in Thompson Division have "joined via renew".

I don't know if that means they just didn't post here and signed up again in Yahoo OR Yahoo just signed them up automatically.

Joe, red, rut or Zool, did you sign up purposefully to the old division or did it happen automatically?

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 09:57 AM
There will be a slight delay in the join link as weirdly ALL the owners in Thompson Division have "joined via renew".

I don't know if that means they just didn't post here and signed up again in Yahoo OR Yahoo just signed them up automatically.

Joe, red, rut or Zool, did you sign up purposefully to the old division or did it happen automatically?

I didn't do anything.

pbmax
08-31-2017, 10:01 AM
I didn't do anything.

OK, that makes more sense than 100% renewal.

I will clear them out tonight, giving folks a chance to get in touch with me and post the join link tomorrow AM.

As it is, Joe, Harv, Rut, red and a couple others are already signed up.

VegasPackFan
08-31-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm in the Thompson Division and I think the league got renewed by Yahoo with everyone in it. Guess I assumed I would be in that league this year. Any way I can stay in? PLEASE? Should be interesting as doing a superflex essentially makes this a 2 QB league. I can definitely make that draft date and time. Let me know.

wist43
08-31-2017, 12:18 PM
DRAFT Selected Date and Time
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Time: 8:30 pm CDT

Draft picks 1 minute 30 seconds each.

There are two changes this year. There are 16 roster spots, 9 starters (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,SuperFLEX™, TE, Def, K) and 7 bench spots. 16 rounds will take just over an hour.

The other change is that the Flex position (RB/WR/TE) is now a SuperFLEX™ position (QB/RB/WR/TE).

Just have to try and give those QB's more value, huh?? ;)

I think I deleted the league from my computer... on the road right now, so I can't check. Also, will be on the road draft night... I can draft from my phone, but haven't done it on Yahoo. I've drafted on ESPN from my phone, but not Yahoo.

Post a link if you could...

Thanks,
wist

pbmax
08-31-2017, 01:33 PM
I'm in the Thompson Division and I think the league got renewed by Yahoo with everyone in it. Guess I assumed I would be in that league this year. Any way I can stay in? PLEASE? Should be interesting as doing a superflex essentially makes this a 2 QB league. I can definitely make that draft date and time. Let me know.

We are full for one league and 5 short for 2 Divisions. Time is pretty short, sorry about the oversight. I was expecting everyone to check here first rather than Yahoo.

I emailed the entire Thopson Division to see who thought they were still in based just on Yahoo. We'll see if it turns up any volunteers.

pbmax
08-31-2017, 01:46 PM
Theoretical question, how many would be too many for one Division?

If we got another to join Vega pack Fan, anyone against 16 teams?

I have email ALL of last year's participants again just to check. We'll lock this down before the weekend.

wist43
08-31-2017, 03:04 PM
Theoretical question, how many would be too many for one Division?

If we got another to join Vega pack Fan, anyone against 16 teams?

I have email ALL of last year's participants again just to check. We'll lock this down before the weekend.

Can u post the link so I can sign up??

And is it possible to draft off of ur phone??

pbmax
08-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Link will go up by end of week. I am trying to be certain some people did not just renew their Yahoo League account and skip posting here like Vegas Pack Fan did.

Yes, you can draft by phone with the Yahoo app if the site is to be believed. Yahoo Answers also says it works, but that answer was from a couple of years ago. I would make a backup plan or at least update the auto draft list.

denverYooper
08-31-2017, 04:38 PM
I'm here. I can play. Looks like Yahoo might have auto-enrolled me anyway ;).

pbmax
08-31-2017, 05:02 PM
OK, we are at 16 (one League), within reaching distance of 2-10 team Leagues.

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red
13. Harvey's Wallbangers
14. Travbrew
15. Vegas Pack Fan
16. denverYooper

pbmax
08-31-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm here. I can play. Looks like Yahoo might have auto-enrolled me anyway ;).

Good to see you. New gig treating you well still?

red
08-31-2017, 06:04 PM

i didn't do shit. i just keep getting emails telling me to let my commish know that he needs to get his ass in gear

i keep responding to those emails with "fuck you i don't want to play your shit this year", but they never respond and nothing changes

red
08-31-2017, 06:07 PM
is there a way to kick us all out of the league and re-invite us?

pbmax
08-31-2017, 06:48 PM

Yes.

Bretsky
08-31-2017, 07:12 PM

you think you are getting invited twice ?

Rutnstrut
08-31-2017, 07:47 PM
I didn't do anything either, but it auto renewed. Why can't shit be like that at work/home.

Bretsky
08-31-2017, 09:49 PM
I didn't do anything either, but it auto renewed. Why can't shit be like that at work/home.

I got a link to log in and register for a Wolf Division. Was that real or incorrect ?

Freak Out
08-31-2017, 11:14 PM
I just signed up again in yahoo. Get on it folks.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 08:35 AM
looks like we are close to having two 8 team leagues

I am not a fan of 8 team Leagues, but we'll see.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 08:38 AM
I got a link to log in and register for a Wolf Division. Was that real or incorrect ?

That was me looking for stragglers. Don't log in for this year yet until we set divisions.

Bossman, who I missed earlier, would give us 17. I have 18 in my pocket, we need two more for two 10 team leagues and nirvana.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Ah screw it. We're doing two Divisions. 8 teams each right now. If we get Bossman back (I missed him originally) and 3 others, we go to 10 teams for both.

Speaking of 3 others, now is a good chance to join. If you have been lurking, sign in and join up.

I will edit the current League roster of GMs. So if you are switching Divisions this year, you might need to click the links below to get sign in again to you new Division. If you are already back in the correct Division, I will leave it. If I cannot figure out your Rat name from the team name and user, you might get booted anyway. The official Division distribution draft looks like this:

1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red
13. Harvey's Wallbangers
14. Travbrew
15. Vegas Pack Fan
16. denverYooper
17. Bossman

Random number generator gives us this list. First 8 go to Thompson, second 8 go to Wolf. The extra numbers are for latecomers and will alternate based on join order.

11,14,5,2,9,15,1,4,7,6,8,16,10,3,12,13 (17,18,19,20)

Thompson: mmmdk, Travbrew, Tony Oday, rutnstrut, swede, Vegas Pack Fan, pbmax, Bretsky

Wolf: Joemailman*, Freak Out, wist43, denverYooper, LEWCWA, Zool, red, Harvey

If we get 3 more, Bossman would go to Thompson, 18th would join Wolf, 19th Thompson, 20th Wolf.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Wolf Division Sign Up: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/382387/invitation?key=faad295193d6b5a1&ikey=0bd1bf81fcc3fd09

Thompson Division Sign Up: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/747559/invitation?key=9a8d80a651de6be8&ikey=7d4f62f84dfd1cd8

Both Leagues' Draft is currently schedule for Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 8:30 PM CDT.

OK. Thompson has me, Rut, Vegas Pack Fan signed up in the right Division. mmmdk, Travbrew, Tony Oday, swede and bretsky need to sign up. Eric is team #18 if we get to 20 total GMs otherwise he'll get the boot. Will send PM.

Wolf: Cheesehead Craig, Freak Out and King House are in Wolf correctly. Need to have Joemailman, wist43, denverYooper, LEWCWA, Zool, re and Harvey sign up with link above.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 10:48 AM
1. pbmax
2. rutnstrut
3. Zool
4. Bretsky
5. Tony Oday
6. Freak Out
7. Joemailman
8. wist43
9. swede
10. LEWCWA
11. mmmdk
12. red
13. Harvey's Wallbangers
14. Travbrew
15. Vegas Pack Fan
16. denverYooper
17. Bossman
18. Cheesehead Craig (well we got to get to 20 now because somehow I forgot the commish of the Wolf Division)

pbmax
09-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Apologies to wist, who I think I threw out of Wolf needlessly. It wasn't personal :)

VegasPackFan
09-01-2017, 12:59 PM
8 Team Leagues will be an All Star game! Glad to be in. Thanks PBMAX.

VegasPackFan
09-01-2017, 01:00 PM
The Yahoo FF phone app is pretty good for drafting. I used it last year for one of my leagues. No problems at all. Just need to know how to navigate. I'd definitely sign up for a mock draft on there and just get a practice in.

Zool
09-01-2017, 07:38 PM
My team is "we suck again"

pbmax
09-01-2017, 10:22 PM
^ No matter how self pitying the team names get, I am not feeling sorry for you.

Thompson has eight signed up. Wolf is at six.

I think Todd in Wolf is actually an old team and might need the boot. Eric on Thompson is a friend of mine who will only play if we get within one of 10 team leagues.

We still have at least one opening, plus there are always no-shows. Please let us know if you want in.

denverYooper
09-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Good to see you. New gig treating you well still?

It's going well. I also have a lot of kid-related schedule items in my life these days so haven't had a lot of time to follow the Packers off-season much this year. I figured I needed to bank some time for the upcoming march to the championship :).

denverYooper
09-03-2017, 08:59 AM
I get this when I go to sign up:

"There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning."

pbmax
09-03-2017, 09:30 AM
I get this when I go to sign up:

"There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning."

There should be room now.

Speaking of room, one person appears to have a team in each Division (probably by auto-renew). Does anyone know which Rat(s) owns King House in Wolf and Biegel's Foot in Thompson?

I think its the same person, but want to be sure.

There is a first name listed under manager, but per PackerRats one existing rule, we aren't going to mention it here, just in case.

pbmax
09-03-2017, 04:15 PM
OK, cleared up two teams from one poster. It was another auto renewal from last year. Current status:

Wolf
1. Cheesehead Craig - Lacy's Lost Weight
2. red - red's team
3. Joemailman - Gang Green
4. LEWCWA or superfan?? - Perdido
5. Harvey's Wallbangers - Harvey's Wallbangers
6. Freak Out - Dinah-Moe Humm
7. Zool - We Suck Again

pending (we have been in contact)...
wist
denverYooper

Thompson
1. 23TacklingMachine - pbmax
2. mmmdk - mmmdl's Team
3. Tony Oday - Biegel's Foot
4. Ruts Renegades - rutnstrut
5. Vegas Pack Fan - Vegas Pack Fan
6. swede - Keshena Eastons
7. Bretsky - TJ WATT Playmaker

pending(we have been in contact)...
Travbrew
Bossman
Eric

If we pick up one more, and get the pending to sing up (or sign up), we are at 2 - 10 team Divisions.

wist43
09-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Will sign up tomorrow max... had a busy weekend.

Joemailman
09-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Looks like we have 9 signed up in Wolf Division.

The Gang Green (Joemailman)
Naked Bootleggers (Bossman641)
Dunderdummy (Cheesehead Craig)
Red's Team (Red)
Dinah-Moe Humm (Freak Out)
Perdido (Denver Yooper)
Old Hippies (Wist)
Harvey Wallbangers (Harvey)
We Suck Again (Zool)

8 signed up in Thompson Division.

denverYooper
09-04-2017, 04:05 PM
OK, cleared up two teams from one poster. It was another auto renewal from last year. Current status:

Wolf
1. Cheesehead Craig - Lacy's Lost Weight
2. red - red's team
3. Joemailman - Gang Green
4. LEWCWA or superfan?? - Perdido
5. Harvey's Wallbangers - Harvey's Wallbangers
6. Freak Out - Dinah-Moe Humm
7. Zool - We Suck Again

pending (we have been in contact)...
wist
denverYooper

Thompson
1. 23TacklingMachine - pbmax
2. mmmdk - mmmdl's Team
3. Tony Oday - Biegel's Foot
4. Ruts Renegades - rutnstrut
5. Vegas Pack Fan - Vegas Pack Fan
6. swede - Keshena Eastons
7. Bretsky - TJ WATT Playmaker

pending(we have been in contact)...
Travbrew
Bossman
Eric

If we pick up one more, and get the pending to sing up (or sign up), we are at 2 - 10 team Divisions.

Estoy perdido.

pbmax
09-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Estoy perdido.

Sweet.

pbmax
09-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Thompson has minimum of 8, Eric can play if we need him.

Wolf is at 9 since Bossman - Naked Bootleggers joined up.

As things stand now, if we get no new signups, Bossman gets moved to Thompson and we play 8 teams a piece.

We need two additional GMS to get to 10 each.

Joemailman
09-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Thompson has minimum of 8, Eric can play if we need him.

Wolf is at 9 since Bossman - Naked Bootleggers joined up.

As things stand now, if we get no new signups, Bossman gets moved to Thompson and we play 8 teams a piece.

We need two additional GMS to get to 10 each.

Don't you already have 8 signed up in Thompson? https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/747559/invitation?key=9a8d80a651de6be8&ikey=7d4f62f84dfd1cd8

pbmax
09-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Don't you already have 8 signed up in Thompson? https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/747559/invitation?key=9a8d80a651de6be8&ikey=7d4f62f84dfd1cd8

Yes, but Eric was the emergency backup option. If we get no more volunteers, he gets a reprieve and Bossman gets an address change.

Joemailman
09-04-2017, 06:41 PM
I've been in an 8 team league before. Everybody has a strong roster. It's all about starting the right people each week.

pbmax
09-04-2017, 06:59 PM
I've been in an 8 team league before. Everybody has a strong roster. It's all about starting the right people each week.

Yep. Waivers are easier though more competitive (and you need to pay attention all season) and its easier to play a position, even like QB, week to week with waiver selections.

pbmax
09-05-2017, 10:50 AM
OK, we have reached the point of no return with no more volunteers.

We are going to push Bossman over to Thompson from Wolf to get the numbers even at 8 each. Team Eric will be booted entirely.

I have sent Bossman/Naked Bootleggers a PM and email to alert him to change Divisions. Hope to have this button up tonight.

Drafts are tomorrow.

pbmax
09-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Wolf Division is locked and ready to draft tomorrow with 8 teams.

Waiting to hear back from Bossman/Bootleggers to finalize Thompson. We have 8 either way and only question is who owns last team. Draft will go forward as well.

Bossman641
09-05-2017, 09:42 PM
got your message today pb. I'll join the other league tomorrow morning

pbmax
09-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Bossman has joined, we are at 8 official in Thompson Division. League teams have been locked down and we are a go for the draft.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Hmmm... I just noticed the change to superflex. Wish I had known that when I did the little prep I did the last couple of days.

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm likely going to either miss the draft or come in late. I'll be sure to put my team to autodraft either way.

LEWCWA
09-06-2017, 02:57 PM
won't let me sign up am I too late?

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2017, 05:14 PM
won't let me sign up am I too late?

You want my place, you can have it.

Bretsky
09-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Hmmm... I just noticed the change to superflex. Wish I had known that when I did the little prep I did the last couple of days.

Knowing the rules is overrated. If you actually value it you should log in more often :)

wist43
09-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I wasn't able to get the draft to work from my phone... I set, sort of, a loose ranking of players, so hopefully that will work.

Should be interesting to see what kind of mess I end up with :)

wist43
09-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Well I made it in about half way thru...

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2017, 09:16 PM
I made it to the last 4 picks. Cousins as my QB, didn't see that coming.

wist43
09-06-2017, 09:31 PM
I made it to the last 4 picks. Cousins as my QB, didn't see that coming.

In normal leagues I couldn't care less about QB's - in those leagues Cousins is fine, but since max was determined to amp up the value of QB's in these leagues, I think you'll need to upgrade.

I missed half the draft, so my RBs suck.

Bretsky
09-06-2017, 09:44 PM
In normal leagues I couldn't care less about QB's - in those leagues Cousins is fine, but since max was determined to amp up the value of QB's in these leagues, I think you'll need to upgrade.

I missed half the draft, so my RBs suck.

I was there but Yahoo ad technology was not friendly tonight.
4 times it auto drafted for me when I was clicking and clicking and clicking and it timed out
The 1st time killed me; I had 2 WR's I liked and it autodrafted a round 3 WR...waste of pick.

oh well

wist43
09-06-2017, 09:50 PM
I was there but Yahoo ad technology was not friendly tonight.
4 times it auto drafted for me when I was clicking and clicking and clicking and it timed out
The 1st time killed me; I had 2 WR's I liked and it autodrafted a round 3 WR...waste of pick.

oh well

Lol... most of the league's I've ever done have been on ESPN... Never once had a problem. Don't like yahoo at all.

Freak Out
09-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Totally spaced the draft. lol

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Lol... most of the league's I've ever done have been on ESPN... Never once had a problem. Don't like yahoo at all.

I'm the opposite. I can't stand ESPN's fantasy interface and functionality.

HarveyWallbangers
09-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Knowing the rules is overrated. If you actually value it you should log in more often :)

No money on the line, so there's only value in beating you.

Bretsky
09-07-2017, 07:01 AM
No money on the line, so there's only value in beating you.

There is no value I beating me this year; I might as well have let the site autodraft for me because as I was trying to select players it kept freezing up and auto drafted anyways. Highly unlikely you see me this year

Cheesehead Craig
09-07-2017, 07:44 AM
Harv, what's up with bogarting all the QBs? Weenie.

pbmax
09-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Worked like a charm for me. Chat was a little slow...

So it was all me that drafted a terrible and old team.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Harv, what's up with bogarting all the QBs? Weenie.

It's a two QB league. I was surprised people didn't draft QBs higher. Of course, I missed my first few picks and it auto-drafted Brady and Brees. That wasn't the plan, especially if I would have known Newton would be there in round 8 and Stafford would be there in round 11.

I have QBs available in a trade. :)

red
09-10-2017, 09:12 AM
are we suppose to be able to use QB's and TE's for the flex?

pbmax
09-10-2017, 09:21 AM
are we suppose to be able to use QB's and TE's for the flex?

Yes. Its SuperFlex this year.

In other news, I will trade you Jordan Reed for a ham sandwich.

Freak Out
09-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Wait what?

pbmax
09-10-2017, 06:41 PM
The Flex position last year was RB/TE/WR.

This year, its super flex. WR/RB/TE/QB.

Freak Out
09-10-2017, 08:04 PM
I would have been better off with Derick Carr in that spot today. Lol

pbmax
09-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I would have been better off with Derick Carr in that spot today. Lol

I should have had Tyreek Hill starting there instead of Russell Wilson.

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2017, 10:47 PM
It's not necessarily a 2 QB league. It's all about matchups still (and luck)

pbmax
09-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Well I am boned.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/907321303518117892

red
09-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Well I am boned.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/907321303518117892

good you cock

you sole zeke from me

pbmax
09-11-2017, 09:24 PM
good you cock

you sole zeke from me

That was Cheesehead Craig. I am a silent partner/co-commish.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2017, 10:08 PM
With Kareem Hunt and Dalvin Cook looking like the real deal, my strategy of drafting 4 QBs early is looking better.

QB Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford (I'll start 2 every week)
RB Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Ty Montgomery, Carlos Hyde
WR Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald (should still be good in PPR league), Michael Crabtree, DeSean Jackson
TE Zach Ertz
PK Blair Walsh
DEF Minnesota

Cheesehead Craig
09-11-2017, 10:12 PM
That was Cheesehead Craig. I am a silent partner/co-commish.

That's not me, gang green had him

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Squeaked past red by less than a point.

Bretsky
09-12-2017, 07:06 PM

Is Red still passed out from drinking the loss away ?

I still hate my team. But found a way to get into the 140's without my first round pick so did ok. My team is a one and doner though.

red
09-14-2017, 01:24 PM

A half a god damn point

I hate FF

red
09-14-2017, 01:26 PM
Is Red still passed out from drinking the loss away ?

I still hate my team. But found a way to get into the 140's without my first round pick so did ok. My team is a one and doner though.

Odell?

Yeah, he's riding my bench too

Bretsky
09-14-2017, 05:25 PM
Odell?

Yeah, he's riding my bench too

NO; I passed over O'dell

I took Evans over him and with the Hurricane I was down Evans and Winston

Joemailman
09-14-2017, 05:28 PM
That's not me, gang green had him

Took Zeke in 2 out of 3 fantasy drafts. So far so good.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Not a good week so far except for Brady. Everyone is on IR, I forgot to do the early games in pick 'em and somehow the team I am co-managing in Wolf is losing to Joemailman.

I can't escape that curse even when we aren't in the same Division.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Scored the 2nd fewest points of the week and got to play the team who scored the fewest. Lucky schedule week.

wist43
09-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Scored the 2nd fewest points of the week and got to play the team who scored the fewest. Lucky schedule week.

That never happens to me... as usual, the highest scoring team in the league is who ever is playing me. 299 pts in 2 weeks... that's FF:)

Bretsky
10-02-2017, 10:17 PM
That never happens to me... as usual, the highest scoring team in the league is who ever is playing me. 299 pts in 2 weeks... that's FF:)

Sounds like you need to hire Dom Capers as your DC so your opposition doesn't keep lighting you up. :))

Freak Out
10-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Go off the grid for a few days and leave the team unattended...still win. lol

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Make that two weeks in a row. I should just change my team name to "Lucky Schedule".

pbmax
10-05-2017, 06:41 PM
I think I am still in shock over losing David Johnson. I am doing dumb things like expecting Detroit's defense to hold up versus Cam because I am afraid what Trubisky might do to surprise the Vikings.

This is what its like rooting for the Jets. Or running them.

red
10-08-2017, 04:24 PM
who the fuck picked who is on the "do not cut list"?

our league has 21 guys on the list and i have 4 of them

the top pick in the draft is not on the list

pbmax
10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
who the fuck picked who is on the "do not cut list"?

our league has 21 guys on the list and i have 4 of them

the top pick in the draft is not on the list

Yahoo controls it.

Cheesehead Craig
10-08-2017, 04:51 PM
HOFer

Cheesehead Craig's Avatar Join Date
Aug 2006
Ok, back to FF. I think we should get rid of the can't cut list until week 10 finishes. I don't think this is a place where guys just give up and cut superstars.

Cheesehead Craig
10-11-2017, 07:44 AM
So, does anyone have a guy who is on IR and is also on the cannot drop list?

pbmax
10-11-2017, 08:43 AM
I believe Odell is off the can't cut list.

wist43
10-11-2017, 02:58 PM
My plan - it came to me in a vision - is pure genius... is to "run the table" :)

Cheesehead Craig
10-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Nobody has chimed in about it, so I'm going to assume that the can't cut list is not a problem for the guys on IR who were previously on the list. So no need to change any settings for the league.

pbmax
10-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Nobody has chimed in about it, so I'm going to assume that the can't cut list is not a problem for the guys on IR who were previously on the list. So no need to change any settings for the league.

RED! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THIS?

red
10-12-2017, 06:36 PM
yes

yahoo, even says its not recommended for leagues under 10 teams

does can't cut also mean can't trade?

if i want to trade one of my stud RB's for a QB i should be able to

i have finally been able to dump odell, 4 whole days after i knew he was done for the year

but if no one else has a problem with it, then its just my problem, just like how the waiver crap takes about 75% of the fun out of playing for me. whatever, i didn't want to play this year anyways, maybe next year i'll follow my brain

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Stop whining. I just lost Elliott....maybe.

pbmax
10-12-2017, 07:40 PM
You can trade the no cut list.

I don't understand why the no cut is not recommended. 8 team and less Leagues might be all star anyway, but dropping Johnson, Elliot or Brady can still tilt Leagues.

red
10-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Stop whining. I just lost Elliott....maybe.

oh boo hoo

you lost a guy to suspension that you managed to get at the end of the third round because he was suppose to be serving a suspension

you got a give from the fantasy gods when his suspension was blocked, but now you're getting the player that you were suppose to have been getting all along

and how is you losing your 3rd round pick for 6 games worse then me losing my top pick for the season?

pbmax
10-14-2017, 01:26 PM
OK, so my fantasy football podcast has now morphed in to Basketball.

Anyone want to form a BBall league? Or have one with an open slot?

red
10-14-2017, 04:51 PM
no for me

haven't watched a pro game in at least 7 or 8 years

i think i can name 5 nba player. lebron, wade, chris paul.................

guess thats it

Bretsky
10-29-2017, 12:03 AM
no for me

haven't watched a pro game in at least 7 or 8 years

i think i can name 5 nba player. lebron, wade, chris paul.................

guess thats it

just back from a family vacation

How is your team doing Red ??

red
10-29-2017, 12:50 PM
just back from a family vacation

How is your team doing Red ??

not good, team is very hit or miss. i've scored the second most points in our division, but i've lost 4 weeks.

team will score 150 one week, then 110 the next

very frustrating

Joemailman
11-06-2017, 06:07 AM
4 way tie at 6-3 after this week. Me, Harvey and Craig. 3 others at 4-5. 5 weeks to go.

pbmax
11-06-2017, 07:22 AM
TY Hilton and I aren't on the same page anymore.

Cheesehead Craig
11-06-2017, 01:12 PM
4 way tie at 6-3 after this week. Me, Harvey and Craig. 3 others at 4-5. 5 weeks to go.

My team has really pooped the bed these last 2 weeks. I just hope I don't lose AJ Green for too long.

Bretsky
11-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Zach Frickin Ertz and MIke Evans. I had plans SUnday morning and got hosed be Ertzie

pbmax
11-14-2017, 07:57 AM
I found a viable starting RB in Week 9 and then the rest of the team starts to fall apart. This season is nowhere near as much fun as the last two.

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2017, 10:24 AM
Once again, the schedule falls in my favor. Score the 3rd fewest points? No problem, play the team with the 2nd fewest. I've been very lucky this year. I'm sure it will come crashing down soon.

Bretsky
11-15-2017, 09:11 PM
DAMMIT...........I"VE TRIED TO CUT JORDY NELSON TWICE NOW AND I JUST CAN"T MAKE MYSELF DO IT
I know he's done in FF this year but it just seems wrong

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Thank you Antonio Brown!

red
11-18-2017, 06:16 PM
DAMMIT...........I"VE TRIED TO CUT JORDY NELSON TWICE NOW AND I JUST CAN"T MAKE MYSELF DO IT
I know he's done in FF this year but it just seems wrong

yeah, i got adams on my team, and i almost cut him last week and had him on the bench, then he got 20 point

ths week i have to play him because all my other WR's are out

no clue what to expect from him

Bretsky
11-20-2017, 06:39 PM
Adam did well for ya; Jordy is done in FF

red
11-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Adam did well for ya; Jordy is done in FF

adams seems to be the only guy that hundley is comfortable with

red
11-20-2017, 07:45 PM
god damn site

pbmax
11-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Would anyone object to me removing Vernon Davis from my starting roster AFTER the game was played?

Seems unfair I started another player who got me zero points.

red
11-24-2017, 07:40 PM
fuck you

can i exchange dak with rivers

seems horse shit that my QB has gotten me 2 total points over the last two weeks

Freak Out
11-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Going to be a logjam at 6-6 this week it seems. lol

Bretsky
12-02-2017, 11:57 PM
fuck you

can i exchange dak with rivers

seems horse shit that my QB has gotten me 2 total points over the last two weeks

You have to try to suck that bad .....:)

Bretsky
12-02-2017, 11:57 PM
2 teams from each division make the playoffs ?

pbmax
12-03-2017, 08:39 AM
For the Rat Bowl, yes. In Yahoo, it will be four.

Bretsky
12-04-2017, 08:39 PM
For the Rat Bowl, yes. In Yahoo, it will be four.

THANKS; truth be told I only care about the Bowl.

I made a very bad call; I waited too long to look at week 15 and week 16. Had I saw the playoff schedule one week earlier you would never got the D you have :)

Mine are still scoring just as well; but playoff weeks I think you have the best one

pbmax
12-04-2017, 11:32 PM
THANKS; truth be told I only care about the Bowl.

I made a very bad call; I waited too long to look at week 15 and week 16. Had I saw the playoff schedule one week earlier you would never got the D you have :)

Mine are still scoring just as well; but playoff weeks I think you have the best one

Would need a minor miracle to make the difference for me. Never recovered as a team from losing David Johnson and the Bills front office looking to destroy their own team.

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2017, 07:54 AM
From the Wolf Division, it's myself and Harvey making it to the Rat Bowl playoffs as we each clinched this week.

Oh, and Freak Out dropped a 196 vs red. That was impressive.

pbmax
12-05-2017, 08:19 AM
I think Thompson is clinched too, Bretsky and the Eastons.

Freak Out
12-05-2017, 02:21 PM
My rally was to little to late...but I can still make hay in the yahoo playoffs.

Bretsky
12-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Would need a minor miracle to make the difference for me. Never recovered as a team from losing David Johnson and the Bills front office looking to destroy their own team.

still bitter over loss of Delvin Cook and D Watson myself :))

Bretsky
12-06-2017, 09:12 PM
From the Wolf Division, it's myself and Harvey making it to the Rat Bowl playoffs as we each clinched this week.

Oh, and Freak Out dropped a 196 vs red. That was impressive.

I miss making Red my FF Biatch

red
12-08-2017, 01:09 PM
i fucking hate FF

what really sucks is that i scored the 2nd most points in the whole league for the week

and again, this year shows that FF is more about luck then anything. dunderdummy (i'm guessing this is wist) is tied for first place at 9-4. he scored the 5th most points out of the whole league, and had by far the least amount of points scored against him at 1407.94, the second least was 1499.94

pbmax
12-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Next year I draft NO running backs.

Cheesehead Craig
12-09-2017, 09:08 AM
i fucking hate FF

what really sucks is that i scored the 2nd most points in the whole league for the week

and again, this year shows that FF is more about luck then anything. dunderdummy (i'm guessing this is wist) is tied for first place at 9-4. he scored the 5th most points out of the whole league, and had by far the least amount of points scored against him at 1407.94, the second least was 1499.94

I'm Dunderdummy. Wait, I didn't think that statement through.

I've said all season I've been lucky with the schedule. Plus, this proves you need a good defense. Can't just let teams run the score up on you.

red
12-10-2017, 06:34 PM
and of course my team just went ape shit today now that i'm eliminated from everything

pbmax
12-10-2017, 07:04 PM
What if next year we put all 16 or 18 teams in the same Division?

Or found a way to pay two head to head matchups each week? That way everyone plays at least twice and puts in a 28 game season to smooth out the rough edges.

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2017, 07:45 PM
A 16 team league? That draft sounds awful.

Bretsky
12-10-2017, 08:22 PM
What if next year we put all 16 or 18 teams in the same Division?

Or found a way to pay two head to head matchups each week? That way everyone plays at least twice and puts in a 28 game season to smooth out the rough edges.

NO WAY....how about K.I.S.

Bretsky
12-10-2017, 08:22 PM
A 16 team league? That draft sounds awful.

yup

pbmax
12-10-2017, 08:23 PM
NO WAY....how about K.I.S.

I don't like 8 team Leagues. Or in other words, I hate being in 5th place.

Cheesehead Craig
12-12-2017, 11:15 AM
So Harv and I each finished with a 9-5 record. I beat him both times this season, yet somehow he's the #1 seed. Yeah he scored more points, but hth apparently means nothing to Yahoo!.

PB, let us know who we will be facing from the Thompson division and the rules and such.

Bretsky
12-12-2017, 09:57 PM
So Harv and I each finished with a 9-5 record. I beat him both times this season, yet somehow he's the #1 seed. Yeah he scored more points, but hth apparently means nothing to Yahoo!.

PB, let us know who we will be facing from the Thompson division and the rules and such.

Harv would play Keshena Eastons

CC would play TJ WATT PLAYMAKER

pbmax
12-12-2017, 10:09 PM
Thompson: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/747559

Wolf: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/382387

Its #1 Wolf Harvey's Wallbangers (Harv) versus #2 Thompson Keshena Eastons (swede)

and #1 Thompson TJWatt Playmakers (Bretsky) versus #3 Wolf Dunderdummy (Cheesehead Craig)

pbmax
12-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Both Leagues are public, see links in previous post. Your official Yahoo lineup is your RatBow lineup. Yahoo will score and break times.

Next week has the Championship and Consolation Game for the Rat Bowl title.

Playoff teams should be able to make waiver moves. Each Division has an internal playoff going as well, but the bottom four of each Division should be locked out of adding or dropping players.

Bretsky
12-14-2017, 07:20 AM
[DANGET

Stafford, Rodgers, and Goff

About the only thing I know is whatever decision I make it SURELY WILL BE WRONG

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2017, 07:46 AM
[DANGET

Stafford, Rodgers, and Goff

About the only thing I know is whatever decision I make it SURELY WILL BE WRONG

As your opponent, I appreciate that.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
As of know, the starting lineups for me vs. swede:

HARV
QB Tom Brady
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Cam Newton
PK Greg Zuerlein
DEF Minnesota

About the only position I could see me switching is benching Brady or Newton for Brees.

SWEDE
QB Alex Smith
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Michael Thomas
WR Davante Adams
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Jimmy Garappolo
PK Justin Tucker
DEF Denver

No players on both teams--which is nice.

swede
12-15-2017, 04:25 PM
As of know, the starting lineups for me vs. swede:

HARV
QB Tom Brady
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Cam Newton
PK Greg Zuerlein
DEF Minnesota

About the only position I could see me switching is benching Brady or Newton for Brees.

SWEDE
QB Alex Smith
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Michael Thomas
WR Davante Adams
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Jimmy Garappolo
PK Justin Tucker
DEF Denver

No players on both teams--which is nice.

I really didn't think Aaron was coming back. People were like, sure the collarbone will heal, but his muscles will be atrophied and he can't possibly return until the playoffs. So I dropped him and the team with the highest point total in the league snapped him up.

Dang.

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2017, 10:47 AM
HARV
QB Tom Brady
RB Kareem Hunt - 39.60
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Cam Newton
PK Greg Zuerlein
DEF Minnesota

TOTAL - 39.60
PROJECTED - 159.88

SWEDE
QB Alex Smith - 18.54
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Mike Davis
WR Michael Thomas
WR Davante Adams
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Michael Crabtree
PK Justin Tucker
DEF Denver - 5.00

TOTAL - 23.54
PROJECTED - 130.22

pbmax
12-17-2017, 11:44 AM
BRETSKY'S TJ WATT PLAYMAKER
Aaron Rodgers GB - QB
Doug Baldwin Sea - WR
Adam Thielen Min - WR
Mark Ingram NO - RB
Todd Gurley II LAR - RB
Zach Ertz Phi - TE
Matthew Stafford Det - QB
Greg Zuerlein LAR - K

PROJECTION: 139.73

CHEESHEADCRAIG'S DUNDERDUMMY
Jared Goff LAR - QB
Antonio Brown Pit - WR
A.J. Green Cin - WR
Dion Lewis NE - RB
Jordan Howard Chi - RB
Cameron Brate TB - TE
Kirk Cousins Was - QB
Wil Lutz NO - K
Jacksonville Jax - DEF

PROJECTION: 126.63

Unofficial lineups, subject to change and Yahoo has the final word.

Final note: Auto correct wants to change Dunderdummy to Wunderdummy. So Siri sides with Dom.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 06:03 PM
My entire team showed up and grunted it out for the big Thompson Division matchup with Bretsky. Everyone beat their projection so far.

But the glory boy QBs Brady and Wilson are farting around enough to drag the team down to defeat.

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=pbmax;957862]My entire team showed up and grunted it out for the big Thompson Division matchup with Bretsky. Everyone beat their projection so far.

It was there for you to take; like the Packers today

Cheesehead Craig
12-17-2017, 09:21 PM
I believe I rightfully got my ass kicked. It was a season of fortunate scheduling for me. Not so much this week.

HarveyWallbangers
12-18-2017, 12:35 AM
HARV
QB Tom Brady - 15.72
RB Kareem Hunt - 39.60
RB Kenyan Drake - 23.30
WR Larry Fitzgerald - 11.00
WR Doug Baldwin - 1.60
TE Zach Ertz - 17.60
FLEX Cam Newton - 31.48
PK Greg Zuerlein - 9.00
DEF Minnesota - 17.00

TOTAL - 166.30

SWEDE
QB Alex Smith - 18.54
RB Alvin Kamara - 24.30
RB Mike Davis - 5.90
WR Michael Thomas - 24.30
WR Davante Adams - 16.70
TE Rob Gronkowski - 27.80
FLEX Michael Crabtree - 22.90
PK Justin Tucker - 10.00
DEF Denver - 5.00

TOTAL - 152.40

swede
12-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Given the unfortunate situation brought about by embarrassing allegations of kitten-juggling (Someone I trusted said they were cats of sufficient age for juggling), and for not knowing what diddling actually meant when having otherwise respectful conversations with the Packerrats interns, I will be putting my team up for sale after the season is over. I apologize for any shame I have brought to this proud organization.

Edit: Madtown has warned me, for propriety's sake, not to entertain any offers until after the season is over, at which time his cousin 'tino will purchase the team.

Cheesehead Craig
12-18-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm down 158-78. And I have 1 guy left to go.

Yep, ass kicking.

Freak Out
12-18-2017, 11:52 PM
Ha ha ha...Dinah Moe Humm!

pbmax
12-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Bretsky 158.58 wins over 87.24 Dunderdummy (CCraig)

So in the Rat Bowl Finals its Wallbangers versus Bretsky/TJWatt

and Craig/Dunderdummy versus swede/Eastons in the consolation bracket

On a more personal note, the good players of 23TacklingMachine really showed up against the second highest point scorer of the week, TJWatt. But those lazy bastards Tom Brady, Russell Wilson and Jason Witten really let their teammates down, directly causing a 142 to 158 loss. Proving that Brett Hundley is a better QB than Brady and probably better than Wilson.

I hope next year all three are playing team handball in Europe.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2017, 10:19 PM
HARV
QB Cam Newton
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Drew Brees*
PK Chris Boswell
DEF Minnesota

*I may switch out Brees for Brady yet.

BRETSKY
QB Jared Goff
RB Todd Gurley
RB Mark Ingram
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Adam Thielen
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Matthew Stafford
PK Chris Boswell
DEF LA Chargers

Damn, Baldwin, Ertz, and Boswell playing for both teams. I have Stafford on my bench. We both also have Josh Gordon and Greg Olsen. :)

Bretsky
12-23-2017, 11:14 PM
HARV
QB Cam Newton
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Drew Brees*
PK Chris Boswell
DEF Minnesota

BRETSKY
QB Jared Goff
RB Todd Gurley
RB Mark Ingram
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Adam Thielen
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Matthew Stafford
PK Chris Boswell
DEF LA Chargers

Damn, Baldwin, Ertz, and Boswell playing for both teams. I have Stafford on my bench. We both also have Josh Gordon and Greg Olsen. :)

Good Luck Harv; I may swap some of these still. Have not looked at em much this week. I figured I"d win last week; I had great matchups.
When I looked a our lineups yesterday I figured my chances this week are not good. You have some great matchups at QB (Newton) and Defense (against our sad GBP) and I don't have any of those matchups that bring a huge smile to you face before the game even starts

Bretsky
12-24-2017, 11:36 AM
HARV
QB Cam Newton
RB Kareem Hunt
RB Kenyan Drake
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Doug Baldwin
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Drew Brees*
PK Chris Boswell
DEF Minnesota

BRETSKY
QB Jared Goff
RB Todd Gurley
RB Mark Ingram
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Adam Thielen
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Matthew Stafford
PK Chris Boswell
DEF LA Chargers

I think I"m going with Mike Evans instead of Baldwin; coin toss. Odds are I'll be wrong :)

pbmax
12-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Harv with 109/135 score/projection,

Bretsky with 135/160.

Bretsky leading going into Raiders and Eagles game. Its for all the Tostitos!

pbmax
12-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Congratulations to Bretsky, the Rat Bowl Champion for 2017!!

Bretsky defeated Harvey's Wallbangers 162 to 136 (give or take a fractional point or two-tab crashed before transcription).

Thanks to everyone for playing and taking part and keeping it competitive all season. We had only one down team in Thompson and even they took 3 games off good teams.

We'll see you again next June.

Bretsky
12-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Congratulations to Bretsky, the Rat Bowl Champion for 2017!!

Bretsky defeated Harvey's Wallbangers 162 to 136 (give or take a fractional point or two-tab crashed before transcription).

Thanks to everyone for playing and taking part and keeping it competitive all season. We had only one down team in Thompson and even they took 3 games off good teams.

We'll see you again next June.

Back to Back; like the NE Patriots ....lol

I think the FB karma gods allow me to win due to my name seleciion.

Last year I was Eliott Wolf when he should be the Packers GM
This year I was TJ Watt Playmakers when he should have been our 1st round draft pick

If I can't come up with a creative name I'll be done.

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Congrats, Bretsky! At least, I won the Wolf Division.

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Well, I can take heart that I won the regular season division title.

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Congrats, Bretsky! At least, I won the Wolf Division.

Thank you Harvey...I was being honest in that I thought you were the heavy fave that week. You had a great team !!

pbmax
12-29-2017, 07:36 AM
Clearly my total and complete defeat of Bretsky 3 weeks ago provided the motivation his team needed to claim the Championship. I am going to hoist a banner to this effect on Yahoo, just like the Colts.