PDA

View Full Version : Packerchatters

b bulldog
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
What's going on over there?? I like reading their rumors even though 99% is BS.

ND72
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM
what is the url even for that? wouldn't mind checking out their "chatter"

b bulldog
04-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Supposedly a few posters have real inside info about the Packers and they post what they ""know"". Packerchatters.com

ND72
04-16-2006, 12:10 AM
well i have a friend who works there, but i don't KNOW anything. he gave me some info which was an "idea" of what he saw, but definately doesn't know anything...and god knows i don't know anything....haha :lol:

b bulldog
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Makes for an interesting read but the site is down.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Packerchatters deleted my Ted is Trapped in the Closet Thread. I havent posted there since. Moderation is high there, although the place is not as f-ed up as JSONLINE. But then again, theres too much moderation. Moderation is ok to eliminate hackers, but should not be used to excessively.

b bulldog
04-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Whats the problem with JS?? Lots of new posters over there.

b bulldog
04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Man, this place is dead South Bend.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Whats the problem with JS?? Lots of new posters over there.

They havent gone through the crap of Lawyer joe or whoever the hacker is.

b bulldog
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh that is still going on. I still think that the bantering on JS was by far the best of all the sites I've been on since. Those gals would be on for hours just dishing it out along with a few others. Now all is dead!

ND72
04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
i had someone "impose" themself as me on JS and i got banned for a while...pretty dumb.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-16-2006, 12:31 AM
i had someone "impose" themself as me on JS and i got banned for a while...pretty dumb.

Same thing happened to me. I had to change my name "AgentMulder" to avoid getting banned (i dont think the hacker could mimic that name).

ND72
04-16-2006, 12:32 AM
ah yes, i was on that night when that guy was doing stuff to you, and then he evidently hit me up as well, cause i was banned the next day.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-16-2006, 12:37 AM
ah yes, i was on that night when that guy was doing stuff to you, and then he evidently hit me up as well, cause i was banned the next day.

Seems like the moderator at JSO doesnt look for ip address, just the screen name, so if another person mimic your sn and spars crap, the mod would just delete the first name he sees associated to the crap threads (i think thats what the hacker set out to do). Thats why i changed my name around to avoid getting ban when it happened to me.

Bretsky
04-16-2006, 09:44 AM

Seems like the moderator at JSO doesnt look for ip address, just the screen name, so if another person mimic your sn and spars crap, the mod would just delete the first name he sees associated to the crap threads (i think thats what the hacker set out to do). Thats why i changed my name around to avoid getting ban when it happened to me.

I use to love JS and now I read it here and there when bored; I honesly feel the post quality isn't high there anymore. There are a few very knowledgeable posters there, but not many.

MadtownPacker
04-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Man, this place is dead South Bend.

Actually, this place was almost as busy during the week and that is that we have a fraction of the audience as JSO. Throw in the fact we dont have 30 Favre threads.

MJZiggy
04-16-2006, 09:52 AM
MMwwwaaahhh hha ha ha!!

(You sound like the evil genius scientist)

Patler
04-16-2006, 10:24 AM
For some reason, I can never seem to get on that site anymore.

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 11:22 PM
I've checked out that site, but they have 5 or more folks that post "inside information" and it's a bunch of garbage. If a true insider spilled the beans like that, they'd be canned. The information never turns out correct. God help them if one of their insiders gets lucky and something comes true. The gullibles seem to like it though. If you go on there questioning their insiders, they run you out of town. It gets ugly.

Kiwon
04-17-2006, 02:43 AM
I have read some of the PackerChatters rumor threads and they're so ridiculous. Someone has a "gut feeling" and somehow its newsworthy. If a few people complain, many will respond, "Well, it could happen." Yeah, and the Moon might really be made out of cheese.

I personally hate the "National Enquirer" approach. It's so bad over there that some PC posters make the average PR poster look like a Wall Street Journal reporter. That's a compliment, I think. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Nice to see you Kiwon. Please check out the Dragon thread. We're all off balance over there. We need you.