PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

woodbuck27
08-11-2017, 12:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000828558/article/ezekiel-elliott-suspended-six-games-by-nfl

Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

By Around The NFL staff NFL.com

Published: Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:14 p.m. Updated: Aug. 11, 2017 at 01:15 p.m.

" The NFL suspended Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games Friday for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

The ruling comes after the NFL's year-long investigation into domestic violence accusations made against him by Tiffany Thompson, who identified herself as his former girlfriend to authorities. "

mraynrand
08-11-2017, 01:13 PM
TT strikes again!

This isn't going to end here, I suspect. Too much he said, she said, and no police charges.

MadScientist
08-11-2017, 02:21 PM
TT strikes again!

This isn't going to end here, I suspect. Too much he said, she said, and no police charges.

The NFL spent a year investigating, looking at reports, 911 calls, photographic evidence, etc. The conduct policy does not require charges to suspend. Paying a woman to not pursue charges will no longer prevent suspensions.

Elliot may appeal, but hopefully it falls on deaf ears.

Zool
08-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better team.

MadScientist
08-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Jones is apparently having a hissy fit about it. He's pissed that Goodell doesn't realize that the Cowpatties are bigger than the NFL.

Vincenzo
08-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better team.
Cow Dung, lol.

Joemailman
08-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Most importantly, Darren McFadden's value just went up in fantasy football.

mraynrand
08-11-2017, 05:06 PM
The NFL spent a year investigating, looking at reports, 911 calls, photographic evidence, etc. The conduct policy does not require charges to suspend. Paying a woman to not pursue charges will no longer prevent suspensions.

Elliot may appeal, but hopefully it falls on deaf ears.

yeah, I get it. I just think he may fight to protect himself. Even if he did it, letting the NFL suspend him is essentially an admission of guilt. I haven't followed this extremely close, but a lot of talk here has centered on why he was never prosecuted. There are some glaring inconsistencies apparently. However, the NFL can suspend him for anything they want, so long as it comports with the NFLPA agreement.

Teamcheez1
08-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Letroy Guion and Johny Jolly will be swinging by to pick up Elliot as the new member of their posse.

Joemailman
08-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Elliott is appealing.

The statement reads: "We just learned of the NFL's decision to suspend Mr. Elliott for six games for allegedly engaging in 'physical force' against the accuser. Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision.

"Our offices have been engaged in this matter since last July and have worked hand in hand with the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL with their respective investigations. Accordingly, we are fully aware of the full body of evidence that exists in connection with this matter.

"The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence.

"For example, both the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL investigators expressly concluded and conveyed to our office (and others) that the accuser was lying about an alleged July 22, 2016 incident whereby she accused Mr. Elliott of pulling her out of her car and assaulting her. An allegation that was ultimately undermined by her own friend's affidavit which stated that no such assault occurred. The affidavit also outlined the accuser's plan to orchestrate a story to police to in order to corroborate her false allegation of assault. In addition, the NFL's own medical experts concluded that many of her injuries predated the week in question and likely occurred during a period of time when Mr. Elliott was not in contact with the accuser. During the upcoming weeks and through the appeal a slew of additional credible and controverting evidence will come to light."

The NFL suspended Elliott six games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. The ruling comes after the NFL's year-long investigation into domestic violence accusations made against him by Tiffany Thompson, who identified herself as his former girlfriend to authorities.

If the six-game suspension stands, Elliott would be eligible to make his season debut Oct. 29 against the Washington Redskins.

Joemailman
08-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Full text of NFL's announcement.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828596.pdf

Rutnstrut
08-11-2017, 07:52 PM
If he wasn't charged,tried, and convicted. Goodell and the overly PC NFL is over reaching. As it is in society a women just has to accuse a man and the onus is on him to prove he did nothing. Not on the accusing woman to prove what he supposedly did.

gbgary
08-12-2017, 09:00 AM
i believe four independent people saw the evidence and agreed on it. they also took the st. patricks day and recent bar incidents into consideration. no problem with it.

smuggler
08-12-2017, 11:20 AM
The league has a lot of leeway with the interpretation of the CBA in this aspect. His suspension is going to stand, in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised it it is cut in half or reduced to 4 games, though, so GB will likely have to face him.

woodbuck27
08-12-2017, 11:28 AM
The NFL did it's own investigation and deemed him guilty and now he must pay the price as the NFL demands.

End of story without an appeal.

pbmax
08-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Once again, the League is mainly involved in a circle jerk. If you cooperate, they will side with you. Don't cooperate, they will punish you. In this case, it was the woman and not the player who cooperated.

They should just get out of this business.

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-is-still-just-making-it-up-as-it-goes-along-1797765706

mraynrand
08-12-2017, 06:52 PM
BRING BLACK KENESAW MOUNTAIN LANDIS!

pbmax
08-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Its officially a shitshow. Lovely writeup from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-set-itself-up-for-this-1797902751

Its almost not funny how much worse Goodell is that Tagliabue, but the public reputations are inverted.

Brandon494
08-16-2017, 06:37 PM
Watch it get dropped to 4 games

pbmax
08-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Watch it get dropped to 4 games

Its a random number at this point because there is no standard, very few precedents and as with many domestic violence claims, the evidence leans one way but is not bulletproof. You could read ANY modification you wanted into that 160 page report.

Joemailman
08-16-2017, 08:18 PM
I see a court battle brewing.

Bretsky
08-16-2017, 08:51 PM
THIS SHIT IS ALL FUNNY

When all this was getting worked through Robert Kraft....and Jerry Jones were huge advocates of giving the commiss full power on appeals...IRONIC

And when the Patriots got in trouble JJ was big in the NFL's ear for abiding by the rules and going by the law to stick it to the Pats. Karma is a bitch Jerry

Eliott deserves this; there is at least some evidence here. And now Jerry ...the guy who brings in guys like Hardy and Gregory...gets effected by the power he pushed for in Roger Rules

pbmax
08-17-2017, 07:36 AM
Both are good points. Jerry isn't going to be happy and might not want to take it lying down. Elliot's team only reluctantly cooperated and seems primed for a fight.

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 12:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727784-ezekiel-elliotts-6-game-suspension-reportedly-upheld-by-arbitrator-after-appeal?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Ezekiel Elliott's 6-Game Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator After Appeal

SCOTT POLACEK ... SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

MadScientist
09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727784-ezekiel-elliotts-6-game-suspension-reportedly-upheld-by-arbitrator-after-appeal?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Ezekiel Elliott's 6-Game Suspension Upheld by Arbitrator After Appeal

SCOTT POLACEK ... SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

Somewhat confusing, as it says his lawyers filed papers in court before the arbitration ruling came down. I suppose we'll know soon if there will be an injunction. His lawyers are vowing to fight as hard as Brady did, however Brady eventually served his suspension, so that precedent may work against him. Besides the NFL could claim that even if the claims of the first woman were discarded, there is still the indisputable evidence of him pulling down the shirt of a woman at a party. Unless he can show that the woman actually wanted that to happen (and he and his lawyers have never made such a case), that is clear evidence of sexual assault worthy of 6 games on its own.

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 03:57 PM
I see a court battle brewing.

It sure appears that your correct.

The Boys will drag this out for as long as possible as what do they have to lose !?

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Somewhat confusing, as it says his lawyers filed papers in court before the arbitration ruling came down. I suppose we'll know soon if there will be an injunction. His lawyers are vowing to fight as hard as Brady did, however Brady eventually served his suspension, so that precedent may work against him. Besides the NFL could claim that even if the claims of the first woman were discarded, there is still the indisputable evidence of him pulling down the shirt of a woman at a party. Unless he can show that the woman actually wanted that to happen (and he and his lawyers have never made such a case), that is clear evidence of sexual assault worthy of 6 games on its own.

Holy Crap !

Maybe I am wrong and "The Boys' appealing the last decision to Uphold the 6 Game Suspension.

Maybe that woman will insist on charges being filed.

I say let Sleeping Dogs lie. Don't Poke 'the Bear' ! :idea:

ThunderDan
09-06-2017, 04:08 PM

Yup, the Cowboys tried to preempt the arbitration ruling. That arbitration is completely different from the legal battle in court to see if the league has the right to suspend Elliott in the manner they did. There is now legal case history on this with the Brady battle. I am guessing that once again the NFL will win and Elliott will lose. The damn CBA that the NFLPA agreed to live with says Goddell has the power to do it.

Zool
09-06-2017, 09:20 PM
The Williams brothers appealed for 2 years. This ain't over.

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 09:47 AM
https://media.tmz.com/2017/07/19/0719-ezekiel-elliott-getty-01-400x300.jpg

I 'only' bash Defensive Linemen and Linebackers; run over Defensive Backs.

ThunderDan
09-07-2017, 09:58 AM

The Williams cases occurred in 2008. The new CBA was signed in 2011.

Zool
09-07-2017, 02:12 PM
The Williams cases occurred in 2008. The new CBA was signed in 2011.

Does the CBA apply when it's in a district court?

mraynrand
09-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Depends on the district and the judge. We don't really have laws anymore, just the opinions of judges.

ThunderDan
09-07-2017, 03:39 PM

It should. The CBA was agreed to by both parties. In the Brady case, the first judge threw it out if I remember correctly. On appeal, the judge said the NFL fucked up the process but the CBA gave Goddell the powder to do what he did. So he overturned the first judge.

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 03:41 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5506928-report-ezekiel-elliott-expected-to-get-temporary-restraining-order-against-nfl?a_aid=36476

REPORT: Ezekiel Elliott Expected to Get Temporary Restraining Order Against NFL

Joemailman
09-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Looks like it's official: Zeke will likely play all season. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20631811/judge-grants-temporary-restraining-order-request-dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott

QBME
09-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Looks like it's official: Zeke will likely play all season. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20631811/judge-grants-temporary-restraining-order-request-dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott

Foolish. The 'Boys are still a year or two away. Jerhah doesn't have that long to wait??

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 08:10 PM
I was suspended for one game ... and I feel GREAT!!

http://i.imgur.com/lOF4TyC.gif

Zool
09-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Star Caps and domestic assault! Go NFLPA!

Brandon494
09-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Nice, got him in the 3rd round in both my leagues lmao

woodbuck27
09-09-2017, 02:37 PM
You just have to love 'The LAW'; 'of course these days', it leaves behind:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/view-of-elephants-rear-with-pile-of-dung-in-the-foreground-picture-id117982906

A whole load of Hot Shit !

pbmax
09-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Judge has granted the NFL's emergency stay request, so the injunction lifting Elliot's suspension is back on temporarily.

But this stay only runs until the appeal of the original injunction against the suspension can be heard.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1620482338004401

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 08:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843198/article/nfl-files-appeal-of-elliotts-preliminary-injunction

NFL files appeal of Elliott's preliminary injunction

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 10:22 a.m. Updated: Sept. 11, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.

" NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday that the NFL filed its appeal of Elliott's preliminary injunction to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, per court documents.

The move was expected after U.S. District Court Judge Amos Mazzant III granted the NFL Players Association's preliminary injunction request on behalf of Elliott on Friday, putting the six-game suspension of Dallas Cowboys running back on hold."

Please click on the above LINK for more...

3irty1
09-12-2017, 10:15 AM
We already know how this ends don't we? The only dispute is about whether Goodell can do whatever he wants which is a question that was already answered for Tom Brady. Yes he can. The CBA says so.

Joemailman
09-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Federal judge has refused to issue emergency stay of injunction in Elliott case. This likely clears Elliott to play rest of season.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Federal judge has refused to issue emergency stay of injunction in Elliott case. This likely clears Elliott to play rest of season.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/15/article-2524237-1A1E1F8A00000578-472_634x357.jpg

I've got your back Ezekiel....Thanks Jerry !

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:23 PM
So.... back to the matter of playing football and Ezekiel Elliott. How is that going down?:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000847437/article/tomlinson-ezekiel-elliott-quit-on-his-team-sunday

Tomlinson: Ezekiel Elliott 'quit' on his team Sunday

By: Around The NFL staff NFL.com .....Published: Sept. 18, 2017 at 01:27 p.m.

Smidgeon
09-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Isn't this covered in the CBA? Didn't the players union agree to this structure of suspensions?

I understand what the players are trying to do: use the legal system to circumvent the CBA, thereby gaining legal protection for a position without negotiating for it and giving something up in return.

But why are the courts entertaining these cases considering they're covered in the agreement? That's the part I don't understand.

mraynrand
09-18-2017, 04:10 PM
But why are the courts entertaining these cases considering they're covered in the agreement? That's the part I don't understand.

society has changed

pbmax
09-18-2017, 04:35 PM
By this logic, we don't need courts because the laws are written down and we all have a copy.

The bar is higher after Brady, but there are still open issues.

Joemailman
09-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Isn't this covered in the CBA? Didn't the players union agree to this structure of suspensions?

I understand what the players are trying to do: use the legal system to circumvent the CBA, thereby gaining legal protection for a position without negotiating for it and giving something up in return.

In his decision to grant a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order, Mazzant agreed with the NFLPA that Elliott didn't receive a fair suspension appeal hearing from Goodell-appointed arbitrator Harold Henderson.

The NFL argues Mazzant's ruling interferes with a legally-binding labor deal that has been approved by the league and the union. It's the same argument the NFL deployed in ultimately successful appeals against Tom Brady during Deflategate and Adrian Peterson after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor reckless assault..

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 05:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000860432/article/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-reinstated-after-court-ruling

A federal appeals court overturned a district court's decision in the Ezekiel Elliott case Thursday, meaning the Dallas Cowboys running back's six-game suspension has been reinstated.

The 5th Circuit ruled 2-1 in favor of the NFL that the district court did not have subject matter jurisdiction in Elliott case after hearing oral arguments from the league and NFL Players Association lawyers earlier this month. It vacates the preliminary injunction and directs an order to the lower court to dismiss the case.

Elliott's lawyer, Frank Salzano, released the following statement to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport regarding Thursday's ruling:

"We are currently exploring all of our legal options and will make a decision as to what is the best course of action in the next few days. Until that time we have no further comment on the 5th circuit's decision."

The NFLPA is expected to re-file the case with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and seek a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in order to keep Elliott playing, according to Gabe Feldman, director of the Tulane Sports Law Program. The Cowboys have a bye this week and there's a chance Elliott might not miss a single game if the NFLPA refiles the case and is granted a TRO or preliminary injunction.

Elliott and the NFLPA have other legal options as well. They could seek an en banc hearing with the 5th Circuit or refile the case in Texas, according to Feldman.

"So the Players Association could ask the district court in New York or perhaps some other court to reinstate the preliminary injunction, which would put that suspension back on hold," Feldman said on NFL Network's TNF First Look. "So this is not over yet, particularly with the bye week, that Elliott will not serve the suspension.

"Again it's an uphill battle but it's possible to get that ruling in eight days," Feldman said. "Just because they get a ruling though doesn't mean it's a favorable ruling, but it's certainly in the realm of possibility."

pbmax
10-12-2017, 05:40 PM
This makes the Ideal Gas Law look simple.

mraynrand
10-12-2017, 07:41 PM

Society has changed.

gbgary
10-13-2017, 10:29 AM
nice week for the boys. last second loss, a defensive starter retiring, cut a db who they signed this spring and gave a $3m guarantee, and the impending 6 game suspension for zeke. lol

hoosier
10-13-2017, 10:51 AM

I had Indian takeout last night and can tell you that it is utterly irrelevant whether it is simple or complex, because it's the Law!

hoosier
10-13-2017, 10:57 AM
nice week for the boys. last second loss, a defensive starter retiring, cut a db who they signed this spring and gave a $3m guarantee, and the impending 6 game suspension for zeke. lol

The Elliot suspension may work against the GBP because it means the Eagles are now a favorite to sweep their division. If they do that they will be a good bet to finish 13-3 or better. The only games where they won't be heavy favorites, aside from @Dall, will be Denver, @Rams and @Sea.

mraynrand
10-13-2017, 10:59 AM
I had Indian takeout last night and can tell you that it is utterly irrelevant whether it is simple or complex, because it's the Law!

The law is irrelevant when the cooks have all the power.

mraynrand
10-13-2017, 11:14 AM
The Elliot suspension may work against the GBP because it means the Eagles are now a favorite to sweep their division. If they do that they will be a good bet to finish 13-3 or better. The only games where they won't be heavy favorites, aside from @Dall, will be Denver, @Rams and @Sea.

It's a long season. and they are still the Eagles. keep hope alive.

I'm surprised you seemingly dismiss the Redskins. They beat the Rams, after all.

hoosier
10-13-2017, 12:24 PM
It's a long season. and they are still the Eagles. keep hope alive.

I'm surprised you seemingly dismiss the Redskins. They beat the Rams, after all.

At Philly the Skins will be obvious dogs. I suspect Atlanta is ultimately more of a threat than Philly because of matchups. But would still prefer to see the NFCCC in Lambeau.

hoosier
10-13-2017, 12:25 PM
The law is irrelevant when the cooks have all the power.

When the cooks have taken over you no longer have the choice of not watching, because sausages and law are the same thing.

Guiness
10-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Wow does the NFL have a hard-on about going after this guy.

I guess after the embarrassment of the Starcaps case (P. Williams retiring before they could punish him) and their recent success in the Brady case, it is no surprise they are pressing the advantage.

mraynrand
10-13-2017, 02:02 PM
When the cooks have taken over you no longer have the choice of not watching, because sausages and law are the same thing.

that hurt my brain

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 02:10 PM

I guess after the embarrassment of the Starcaps case (P. Williams retiring before they could punish him) and their recent success in the Brady case, it is no surprise they are pressing the advantage.

I say just get it done and over with.

hoosier
10-13-2017, 02:34 PM

Ray Rice fiasco.

hoosier
10-13-2017, 02:35 PM
that hurt my brain

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sausage excepted.

gbgary
10-13-2017, 04:35 PM

i hear ya. one other thing...a bad record for the boys put them in position to get another no-brainer draft pick. they're stacked already. the last thing i want to see is them getting even stronger.

Joemailman
10-17-2017, 07:27 PM
He's baaaack! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000863279/article/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-eligible-to-play-this-weekend

pbmax
10-17-2017, 08:38 PM
He's baaaack! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000863279/article/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-eligible-to-play-this-weekend

In an alternate universe, Goodell amended the hearing process (and the personal conduct policy) with the agreement of the NFLPA and had actual, published guidelines.

Then this would be over much more quickly.

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 10:15 PM

http://roadstraveled.com/archived_images/2007_8_3_Milles_Italian_Sausage__fair_vendor_since _32_files_shapeimage_7.png

Smidgeon
10-17-2017, 11:19 PM
In an alternate universe, Goodell amended the hearing process (and the personal conduct policy) with the agreement of the NFLPA and had actual, published guidelines.

Then this would be over much more quickly.

Please. Any player caught on the wrong side of this would still fight it through the courts, even if the NFLPA agreed with the process. No player wants to lose a check for getting caught or behaving poorly, so they'd fight it regardless.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Please. Any player caught on the wrong side of this would still fight it through the courts, even if the NFLPA agreed with the process. No player wants to lose a check for getting caught or behaving poorly, so they'd fight it regardless.

Of course. And a player like Brady has the cash to finance the whole thing himself.

But if the NFLPA is holding up its end of the CBA, which they are not willing to do for the Personal Conduct Policy now as Goodell is enforcing it, half of your lawsuits go away.

As does money for lawyers and court proceedings. And not every player has Brady's resources.

Not to mention a process and hearing that is perceived to be fair among participants is going to generate fewer long term complaints. In fact, if it becomes more common to accept the decision, then more and more players will cease to litigate. Even now, most players don't end up in Federal Court.

Same goes for player safety. But Goodell is too dumb to learn a lesson others have tried to impart.

Joemailman
10-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Looks like Zeke will finally start his suspension.

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2017, 10:03 AM
The Cowboys will be ok for six games with McFadden and Morris running behind that excellent O Line.

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Finally.

The Dallas Cowboys simply suck this up and get him back for likely a possible good Playoff Run.

woodbuck27
11-01-2017, 03:39 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741689-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-a-victim-of-an-overcorrection-by-nfl-defends-rb?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Jerry Jones: Ezekiel Elliott 'A Victim of an Overcorrection' by NFL, Defends RB

BY: MIKE CHIARI ...OCTOBER 31, 2017

" ... Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called Ezekiel Elliott a "victim of overcorrection" Tuesday after the running back's six-game suspension was reinstated Monday.

"The ruling has more to do with the scope of the commissioner's authority and not really bearing on whether Zeke is guilty of domestic violence or not. That's where this stuff gets so convoluted, let's say. I am very troubled by the swings that we've had, that in this very thing the judge in this case ratified for the commissioner, but his swing of judgement has been unbelievable from the Ray Rice thing from one to two games all the way up to a six-game suspension when you truly have got a debate."... " Jerry Jones

Comment woodbuck27:

Does Jerry Jones make a solid point there?

QBME
11-01-2017, 04:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741689-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-a-victim-of-an-overcorrection-by-nfl-defends-rb?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Jerry Jones: Ezekiel Elliott 'A Victim of an Overcorrection' by NFL, Defends RB

BY: MIKE CHIARI ...OCTOBER 31, 2017

" ... Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called Ezekiel Elliott a "victim of overcorrection" Tuesday after the running back's six-game suspension was reinstated Monday.

"The ruling has more to do with the scope of the commissioner's authority and not really bearing on whether Zeke is guilty of domestic violence or not. That's where this stuff gets so convoluted, let's say. I am very troubled by the swings that we've had, that in this very thing the judge in this case ratified for the commissioner, but his swing of judgement has been unbelievable from the Ray Rice thing from one to two games all the way up to a six-game suspension when you truly have got a debate."... " Jerry Jones

Comment woodbuck27:

Does Jerry Jones make a solid point there?

No. Jerry Jones does not make any kind of point except the one on top of his head.

Remember, Jones was first in line defending the Patriots "Deflate Gate" penalty. He was quite vociferous promoting the Commissioners power to defend the shield. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and he is whimpering like a puppy in the cold rain.

Jones is a douche bag.

woodbuck27
11-01-2017, 05:54 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21252908/nflpa-files-motion-behalf-dallas-cowboys-running-back-ezekiel-elliott

Comment woodbuck27:

The DRAMA continues.

NFLPA files motion on behalf of Ezekiel Elliott seeking emergency injunction

3:57 PM ET From: ESPN.com ... Wed. 1 Nov. 2017

pbmax
11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8GG3dnsp8

Back again: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/03/ezekiel-elliott-is-back-again/

mraynrand
11-03-2017, 11:47 AM
http://cdn-image.foodandwine.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium_2x/public/2013-xl-gastronaut-breakfast-sausage-links.jpg?itok=hFWe0Utb

Sparkey
11-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Or will he ?

woodbuck27
11-03-2017, 04:00 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/11/03/save-for-a-legal-hail-mary-the-cowboys-reluctantly-will-begin-life-without-ezekiel-elliott-on-sunday/?utm_term=.7ba8cc2eddc7

Cowboys get a legal Hail Mary, and Ezekiel Elliott will play Sunday (Home to the Kansas City Chiefs).

By Mark Maske November 3 at 11:17 AM

Comment woodbuck27:

Will a short term celebration for the Dallas Cowboys result in a long term this Season 'Good Ending'?

woodbuck27
11-09-2017, 03:13 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliott-suspended-again-after-court-denies-request-for-injunction/

Ezekiel Elliott suspended again after court denies request for injunction

The Cowboys running back is suspended once again in a never-ending saga

Will Brinson ...mugshot by Will Brinson @WillBrinson

17m ago • 1 min read

Comment woodbuck27:

It took only about an hour in this Court and the decision went down:

It looks like 'for all intents and purposes' the end of the line and any real chance of another successful appeal for the Ezekiel Elliott Legal Team. That is without something unfoirseen.

Ezekiel Elliott will be suspended now officially for the next six weeks and he won't be playing until Christmas at the earliest.

He will be eligible to play the Seahawks in Week 16.

woodbuck27
11-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Finally Ezekiel Elliot is out and his suspension begins in Week Ten.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000875164/article/ezekiel-elliott-leaving-country-to-train-refocus

Ezekiel Elliott leaving country to train, refocus

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Nov. 12, 2017 at 07:36 a.m. Updated: Nov. 12, 2017 at 12:09 p.m.

pbmax
11-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Never Give a Scorpion a Ride Across the River

BEFORE ENVISIONING AN NFL without Goodell, Jones needed him in it. More than a decade ago in a league meeting, Jones stood before his fellow owners and, in the words of an executive in the room, "all but begged" for a loan. The price tag had skyrocketed on his $1.3 billion AT&T Stadium, and he needed more cash from the league's G3 loan program. Jones also knew that many owners were angry with him; years earlier, he had disposed of thousands of seats at Texas Stadium and replaced them with club suites, trading revenue shareable with visiting teams' owners for money that went straight into his own pocket. So on this day, he told owners that he realized what he had done was unfair -- but that he was building a stadium that would be a great showplace for the NFL and needed tens of millions in additional loans.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

pbmax
11-19-2017, 10:08 AM
From same article, a point about where the owners understand their limitations but also do not understand the possibilities of making an effective change.

During one meeting, Jones reminded Goodell of his impatience with the ongoing Elliott inquiry. Behind closed doors, Jones repeated to other owners that the NFL shouldn't be in the "investigative business." Jones knew many owners agreed; Bob Kraft, for example, has complained for years that the league "wastes" money on seemingly endless player discipline investigations, including a reported $22.5 million on Deflategate. Jones also challenged Goodell's practice of punishing players who are not charged with crimes, let alone convicted.

The League should NOT be in the business of investigating. Though the owners really have only themselves and George Steinbrenner to blame for this (for decades teams have hired ex-polie and ex-FBI agents to run point on trouble with local law enforcement. In fact, the different between the former prosecutor Friel and the ex-FBI guys probably explains some of the tension. As would an internal team investigation that never sees the light of day versus the League process that is far more open and subject to discovery.

But had Goodell not thought he would solve these problems by discovering the truth, he might have headed down the path of placing incentives and training to reduce the problematic behaviors initially. You could still suspend players for wrongdoings that involve publicly investigated wrongdoing, but the emphasis on all the other gray areas could have been less on punishment or banishment and more on eliminating the behavior.

denverYooper
11-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Elliott seems to be the glue that held the Cowboys together. Last 3 games since he's been suspended - 7, 9, 6 points.

Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl
4m4 minutes ago

Dak Prescott last 3 games: 0 TD passes, 5 INTs (2 returned for TD), 3 fumbles lost (1 returned for TD). #LACvsDAL

mraynrand
11-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Elliott seems to be the glue that held the Cowboys together. Last 3 games since he's been suspended - 7, 9, 6 points.

4m4 minutes ago

Dak Prescott last 3 games: 0 TD passes, 5 INTs (2 returned for TD), 3 fumbles lost (1 returned for TD). #LACvsDAL

That organization is in ruins. That's what happens when you build your entire team and organization around a single talented player, and he bails out your worthless coach, GM, and Owner. Cowboys will likely disband and dissolve in a matter of days, much like the Packers.

red
11-23-2017, 08:23 PM

4m4 minutes ago

yeah, and i have every fucking cowboy not named elliot

beveaux1
11-24-2017, 08:06 AM
The Cowboys are a case study in what happens when your top offensive player isn't playing. They also parallel the Packers in a lot of ways. Mediocre defense missing one of its best players-Lee. WRs that have lost a step-Bryant. Middle round QB with flaws in his game-Prescott, and a good OL missing a key player-Smith, then Martin after Smith returned.

This Cowboys team has scored 22 total points since Elliott's suspension and is 0-3. Prescott has thrown 5 interceptions and lost 3 fumbles , 3 of these turnovers returned for TDs, all in the last 3 games. The wheels on that bus have fallen off due to injury and suspension.

Just goes to show what a fine line there is between winning and losing and just how important one or two players can be to your teams' prospects.

pbmax
11-24-2017, 09:27 AM
I don't think its all Elliot. Their defense has been horrendous with Elliot at times.

As much as people liked Dak, no one thought he was Brees or Rodgers dragging a team to the playoffs by himself.

Dak is a very good QB who played on a very talented squad who suddenly have a poor defense and poor special teams. And they are missing their best offensive talent.

The Packers can match that with an unhealthy O line, poor pass rush and special teams that unlike last year are not winning the ST battle very often.

Pugger
11-24-2017, 09:33 AM
The Cowboys are a case study in what happens when your top offensive player isn't playing. They also parallel the Packers in a lot of ways. Mediocre defense missing one of its best players-Lee. WRs that have lost a step-Bryant. Middle round QB with flaws in his game-Prescott, and a good OL missing a key player-Smith, then Martin after Smith returned.

This Cowboys team has scored 22 total points since Elliott's suspension and is 0-3. Prescott has thrown 5 interceptions and lost 3 fumbles , 3 of these turnovers returned for TDs, all in the last 3 games. The wheels on that bus have fallen off due to injury and suspension.

Just goes to show what a fine line there is between winning and losing and just how important one or two players can be to your teams' prospects.

What this is also showing is Dak isn't the QB so many thought he was. Without Zeke and his running game he can't carry that team like the real good ones can.

Maxie the Taxi
11-24-2017, 10:30 AM
The demise of the Cowgirls has really made watching all their nationally televised games immensely satisfying.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 11:51 AM
I picked the LA Chargers to win that game as they've been close to being there over the past two Seasons or thre but just over the past three games are showing up BIGGER.

I didn't imagine they would make the Dallas Cowboys coming in Ranked at NO. 14 that bad.

That was a humiliating loss for the Boys.