PDA

View Full Version : PRESEASON STANDOUTS-----LIST EM

Bretsky
08-17-2017, 10:06 PM
There are a sh@tload of preseason games on TV this year Consider this the thread to list noteworthy performance........perhaps vets tearing it up...or ROOKS with nice start.

I will Start.

Yes, the guy Packerrats seemed to love to hate for some reason. The guy who would have looked great in Green n Gold.....Steelers have been pimping him before the first game.

And TJ Watt Delivered with 2 sack and some QB pressures.

Should be fun to track their careers and see if Kevin King and Vince Biegel are more productive than TJ Watt.

In game one, TJ Watt looked like the real deal, and he'd look better in Green n Gold !!

Bretsky
08-17-2017, 10:08 PM
#2-----TRIVIA.....Which legendary poster was pimping this Wide Receiver via draft day ?

DEDE WESTBROOK----WR----dude had 6 catches for 131 yards tonight. Looked smooth.

And Jay Cutler...actually looked decent tonight. Since he's not a Bear, I no longer hate him

ThunderDan
08-18-2017, 09:26 AM
#2-----TRIVIA.....Which legendary poster was pimping this Wide Receiver via draft day ?

DEDE WESTBROOK----WR----dude had 6 catches for 131 yards tonight. Looked smooth.

And Jay Cutler...actually looked decent tonight. Since he's not a Bear, I no longer hate him
If going 3/6 for 24 yards is looking decent, I have a bridge to sell you.

call_me_ishmael
08-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I feel like in the past at least one person really seems to make the jump and show up consistently in the "daily report" for the JSO. I haven't really seen that one person this year. Maybe I don't read as much as I used to, or maybe they just don't have anyone making that leap? At best, it seems like it's Quinton Rollins.

I must be gettin' old 'cause I remember the daily HJ the media was given Finley when he busted out in his second camp. Same with Jennings in his first camp. Maybe the coverage was just better than? Maybe Twitter is making the reporters lazy? I'm not sure.

Smidgeon
08-18-2017, 05:24 PM
I feel like in the past at least one person really seems to make the jump and show up consistently in the "daily report" for the JSO. I haven't really seen that one person this year. Maybe I don't read as much as I used to, or maybe they just don't have anyone making that leap? At best, it seems like it's Quinton Rollins.

I must be gettin' old 'cause I remember the daily HJ the media was given Finley when he busted out in his second camp. Same with Jennings in his first camp. Maybe the coverage was just better than? Maybe Twitter is making the reporters lazy? I'm not sure.

You're not noticing one because the JS is 99% video podcasts. They do so little writing these days, and when they do it's halfbaked.

Bretsky
08-18-2017, 08:30 PM

POINT ONE- They lost hands down their best Packer writer who was not afraid to make points

POINT TWO- WR Mccaffrey sp? seems to be the guy who is greatly outperforming expectations

pbmax
08-19-2017, 10:50 AM
POINT ONE- They lost hands down their best Packer writer who was not afraid to make points

POINT TWO- WR Mccaffrey sp? seems to be the guy who is greatly outperforming expectations

McCaffrey and the giant kid (Michael Clark) are the one's making the most noise, in that order. At least on offense.

On defense, its every ILB who is also not a safety. Including Tripp.

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2017, 12:39 PM
I thought Eddie Lacy looked good. He looked like the in shape Lacy. He'll be a load to deal with in week 1.

pbmax
08-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I thought Eddie Lacy looked good. He looked like the in shape Lacy. He'll be a load to deal with in week 1.

He's getting grief everywhere for running poorly with the starters and for making the 4th string guy look good.

There has not been public mention of whether he made his last weigh in right before camp. Speculation was that he missed his target.

Maxie the Taxi
08-19-2017, 04:09 PM
I watched Lacy last night and caught myself thinking..."Gee, I'm glad he's no longer a Packer. I like our rookie guys better."

Rutnstrut
08-20-2017, 02:13 PM
Janis, nuff said.