PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Fans

Brando19
09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm so sick of ignorant NFL fans. I went into work today and one of my co-workers came up to me as if he was thrilled to tell me a big secret. He said, "Did you hear Brett Favre wants out of Green Bay?!?" I told him no he got it mixed up. Then he said, "No, no, I saw it on Sportscenter!" Finally, I tried for a couple minutes to convince him what Favre said and he is still convinced Favre wants out of Green Bay.
I didn't see the episode of Sportscenter that showed Brett's comments, but if they tweaked it and made it as if he wants out of Green Bay, that pisses me off.
If they didn't, there's just some ignorant fans out there such as my coworker.

By the way, My coworker is a Cowboys fan :roll:

MJZiggy
09-07-2006, 04:28 PM
After this week's BrettConference was picked up by SI (among other national outlets, there is no way Sportcenter could have said this without coming off as total idiots.

Then again...

SkinBasket
09-07-2006, 04:58 PM
You could always give him Brett's comments from today. That he's 99.9% sure he's going to retire a Packer.

Homer Jay
09-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Kornheiser and Whitless are about to talk about it on PTI.

Homer Jay
09-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Whitless said he doesn't believe he will retire as a Packer, and if the Packers were smart they'd move him now.

Serenity now!!!

VegasPackFan
09-07-2006, 05:56 PM
These broadcasters just have to say something in order to say something different than other broadcasters.

If any of them actually had the responsibility of running a team, they wouldnt dare make any of the moves they so boldly proclaim they would make.

It is easy to throw loyalty, tradition and common sense out the window when it is your job to provoke reactions and create ratings for yourself and your show.

red
09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
whew

i thought this thread was about me when i read the title

cpk1994
09-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Whitless said he doesn't believe he will retire as a Packer, and if the Packers were smart they'd move him now.

Serenity now!!!

Witless lives in fantasy land if he thinks that other teams would give up anything for a 1 year rental player.

mmmdk
09-08-2006, 04:53 AM
You could always give him Brett's comments from today. That he's 99.9% sure he's going to retire a Packer.

Quote from Lloyd (Dumb & dumber): So you're telling me there's a chance?

The media makes dumb spins to feed the infinite sea of lemmings. Be it the era of ceasars in Rome or the present oil kings of the world. I think I'm burning bushes on the latter matter. :lol:

RashanGary
09-08-2006, 05:42 AM
Do you guys realize that Brett made those comments on the eve of him being gauranteed 10 million dollars *pinkie by mouth*.

Favre played pretty poorly. He's looked reallly slow and imobile compared to the past. I think he was just letting GB know that if he was cut, Chicago or anywhere would be a great place to pick up where he left off.

Fritz
09-08-2006, 06:38 AM
Whoever said that this crap happens because announcers feel the need to be "different" is on the right track.

There has been a gradual shift in football from seeing it as a sport to seeing it as entertainment. With that shift, you get less focus on the game and more on the "personalities" and "story lines." That's why Theismann and Kornheiser focused solely on Favre and Palmer in their commentary on the Cinci game.

Ugh.

pbmax
09-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Do you guys realize that Brett made those comments on the eve of him being gauranteed 10 million dollars *pinkie by mouth*.

Favre played pretty poorly. He's looked reallly slow and imobile compared to the past. I think he was just letting GB know that if he was cut, Chicago or anywhere would be a great place to pick up where he left off.
Greg, he wasn't going to get cut. If a drawn out decision to play and calling out your GM don't get you thrown off the ship, he wasn't going anywhere.

I think Favre just wants to play long enough on a good enough team to eclipse the QB marks of Elway and Marino.

Unfortunately, its gotten uglier each step of the way. Hopefully the trend will reverse.