PDA

View Full Version : GREEN BAY PACKERS ACQUIRE LESEAN MCCOY

Bretsky
08-24-2017, 07:14 PM
OK....just shitting you...for now anyways. If you believe in the where is fuel there is fire mojo....check the Net.

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to pull this off ?

I'd start out by packaging Randall Cob and a Draft Pick

https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bills-and-green-bay-in-trade-talks-for-star/

Bretsky
08-24-2017, 07:16 PM
besides cussing me out for being an @sshole......which I know I am...............I"m also curious if you at all bought into the title as being accurate.

in other words, think there is any imaginable way TTT could pull off something like this ??????

Bills need help at WR; a deal with them like this makes sense

texaspackerbacker
08-24-2017, 07:24 PM
It's not a bad idea, but not a snowball's chance in hell of it happening.

And yes, sorry to say I did buy into it.

hoosier
08-24-2017, 07:56 PM
McCoy is 29 and has a fair amount of mileage on him. If they can get him for a relatively cheap price--say, something like what Marshawn Lynch brought when Buffalo traded him--then sure. No way does GB give up Adams and a 4 or a 1 or 2 as the article proposes.

Zool
08-24-2017, 09:21 PM
They had me believing this was a possibility until they said the Packers had been dangling Adams. Then I knew the article was full BS. No fucking way Thompson trades a 24 year old ascending WR for a 29 year old RB. Also no way he would trade a first or second. This is a fan based article not a fact based one. 2 years of McCoy is what you're looking at and you set the price based off that.

Bretsky
08-24-2017, 09:51 PM
They had me believing this was a possibility until they said the Packers had been dangling Adams. Then I knew the article was full BS. No fucking way Thompson trades a 24 year old ascending WR for a 29 year old RB. Also no way he would trade a first or second. This is a fan based article not a fact based one. 2 years of McCoy is what you're looking at and you set the price based off that.

The deal that really makes sense is Randall Cobb and a draft pick for McCoy. No Brainer IMO

call_me_ishmael
08-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Is Shady really that good? He's an RB, they're a dime a dozen. We don't run anyway. The gang of jabronis we have will be sufficient. I agree Cobb is not the stud we thought he was, at least anymore or wasn't the past two years, but I still don't see the RB as that big of an upgrade I guess.

pbmax
08-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Give me a couple hours, I think we can swing Joe Thomas in this trade as well.

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 08:40 AM
It's not a bad idea, but not a snowball's chance in hell of it happening.

And yes, sorry to say I did buy into it.

^
When he agrees you know it's a bad idea

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Yea let's trade our future #1 WR for a RB who's about to hit 30....http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/325/923/b80.png

smuggler
08-25-2017, 10:42 AM
The Seahawks traded for Lynch when he was 24 or 25. Doesn't make near as much sense to trade for a 29 or 30 y/o RB.

pbmax
08-25-2017, 12:12 PM
The deal that really makes sense is Geronimo Allison and a draft pick for McCoy. No Brainer IMO

FIFY!

Fritz
08-25-2017, 12:47 PM
OK....just shitting you...for now anyways. If you believe in the where is fuel there is fire mojo....check the Net.

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to pull this off ?

I'd start out by packaging Randall Cob and a Draft Pick

https://sportstalk360.com/buffalo-bills-and-green-bay-in-trade-talks-for-star/

A first-contract 24 year old rising star plus a fourth or fifth round pick for an expensive 29 year old running back, when 29 is old by running back standards?

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to do this?

Only if he's got stones in his head.

TT can be criticized, I suppose, for being reluctant at times (though I don't agree with this criticism), but let's hope we can't criticize him for making flat-out stupid trades.

This is the kind of shit fans come up with. It'd be like saying "Hey, I hear the Oilers want Randall Cobb, and they are going to trade JJ Watt for him straight up!"

ND72
08-25-2017, 12:59 PM
A first-contract 24 year old rising star plus a fourth or fifth round pick for an expensive 29 year old running back, when 29 is old by running back standards?

Would Ted Thompson have the stones to do this?

Only if he's got stones in his head.

TT can be criticized, I suppose, for being reluctant at times (though I don't agree with this criticism), but let's hope we can't criticize him for making flat-out stupid trades.

This is the kind of shit fans come up with. It'd be like saying "Hey, I hear the Oilers want Randall Cobb, and they are going to trade JJ Watt for him straight up!"

Oilers?

hoosier
08-25-2017, 01:19 PM
FIFY!

I don't even think I would do that trade. Straight up for a 4, maybe.

hoosier
08-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Oilers?

Fan speak.

pbmax
08-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Oilers?

Fritz is thinking Hockey.

run pMc
08-25-2017, 02:44 PM
I'd trade them McCaffrey and Aaron Jones for Shady. Actually, if we trade a WR to BUF, it should be for an OLB or serviceable interior lineman.

red
08-25-2017, 04:09 PM
if fat mike is that desperate for a running game to help a-rod then why the fuck didn't he do something about it in the off season (and no, throwing 3 late round draft picks at the problem isn't actually trying to fix it imo), and why in the flying fuck would you let lacy walk for next to nothing?

fat mike has had a capable running back in the past and we still relied on a-rod way too much. now he gets to draw up his long developing pass plays for 95% of the snaps like he seems to have always wanted to do

trading cobb for him would be a double win for us. we get a decent real NFL running back, and we get rid of our most expensive WR who adds next to nothing to the offense

and like others have said, trading adams AND draft picks for mccoy would be pretty stupid. maybe if they would give us Mccoy ANd a third round pick or so for adams, then maybe

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Wouldn't do Cobb either...come on

Joemailman
08-25-2017, 04:36 PM
if fat mike is that desperate for a running game to help a-rod then why the fuck didn't he do something about it in the off season (and no, throwing 3 late round draft picks at the problem isn't actually trying to fix it imo), and why in the flying fuck would you let lacy walk for next to nothing?

There were reports that Eddie was starting to resemble Fat Mike physically. I think the Packers decided they'd had enough.

fat mike has had a capable running back in the past and we still relied on a-rod way too much. now he gets to draw up his long developing pass plays for 95% of the snaps like he seems to have always wanted to do

Packers had a fairly balanced attack before last year. Last year injuries to Lacy and Starks dictated more passing.

trading cobb for him would be a double win for us. we get a decent real NFL running back, and we get rid of our most expensive WR who adds next to nothing to the offense

I'd be on board with that, but who wants to trade for Cobb's salary?

and like others have said, trading adams AND draft picks for mccoy would be pretty stupid. maybe if they would give us Mccoy ANd a third round pick or so for adams, then maybe

Adams is young and ascending. Don't trade him.

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 05:41 PM
How quick people forget about Cobb's 3 TD game in the playoffs against the Giants

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 05:46 PM
When healthy dude is still a play maker and dangerous weapon for us. I'll pass on screwing up team chemistry for a knuckle head player like McCoy who's about to hit 30 as HB.

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 05:48 PM
just a reminder for those who say he brings next to nothing on offense...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbZFqsDtgGE

red
08-25-2017, 06:48 PM
just a reminder for those who say he brings next to nothing on offense...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbZFqsDtgGE

644 total yards, 4 total touchdowns (in regular season)

clearly the #3 wr on the team last year

3rd highest cap number on the team, behind just a-rod and clay

red
08-25-2017, 06:51 PM

There were reports that Eddie was starting to resemble Fat Mike physically. I think the Packers decided they'd had enough.

seattle seems to have motivated him to lose weight

hard to get motivated to lose weight when the guy telling you that you have to lose weight is also a lazy fat fuck

Joemailman
08-25-2017, 07:13 PM

hard to get motivated to lose weight when the guy telling you that you have to lose weight is also a lazy fat fuck

It shouldn't be. Being out of shape has already cost him millions, as well as what should have been very productive years. Can't blame MM for Lacy's lack of motivation to stay in shape. There were warnings about Lacy before the Packers drafted him. He was out of shape at the Combine. Why do you think he lasted until the end of the 2nd round, when anybody could see he had 1st round talent?

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Yea let's not act like he wasn't injuried last year or anything :roll:

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 07:51 PM

That makes no sensea...a HC doesn't need to be in peak shape but a starting RB on a SB contending team does...you are just talking now.

Brandon494
08-25-2017, 07:52 PM
It shouldn't be. Being out of shape has already cost him millions, as well as what should have been very productive years. Can't blame MM for Lacy's lack of motivation to stay in shape. There were warnings about Lacy before the Packers drafted him. He was out of shape at the Combine. Why do you think he lasted until the end of the 2nd round, when anybody could see he had 1st round talent?

Could you imagine if TT traded up and got Bell instead...but no he trades up in the 2nd for Spriggs.:sad:

Joemailman
08-25-2017, 09:02 PM
Could you imagine if TT traded up and got Bell instead...but no he trades up in the 2nd for Spriggs.:sad:

Well, if they had done that, Bell would weight about 250 now because MM is fat.

pbmax
08-26-2017, 08:52 AM

Lacy is struggling to hold off the 3rd string guy from getting 1st team reps. And he missed his weight target at camp (at least inferring from the lack of a press release).

And that miss of a weight target should sound very familiar to you after last year you caught him gaining weight after Tony Horton (or whoever it was) and before camp.

Smidgeon
08-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Lacy is struggling to hold off the 3rd string guy from getting 1st team reps. And he missed his weight target at camp (at least inferring from the lack of a press release).

And that miss of a weight target should sound very familiar to you after last year you caught him gaining weight after Tony Horton (or whoever it was) and before camp.

I watched a bit of the Seattle game last night. Lacy is definitely thinner, but I didn't see the same power either. I didn't watch a lot though.

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 12:35 PM
I was looking for another thread and discovered this one. I said to myself:

" Did I miss something? " :whaa:

Yes I did.

I missed an interesting bit of speculation.

bobblehead
09-06-2017, 04:22 PM

I won't waste time looking, but I recall a scout being quoted somewhere about Lacy.

Some team is going to get this guy in the second round and for a short time is going to say "man did we ever get a steal!!" Then the real Lacy will show himself. Missed practices, nagging injuries. The production will tail off. They'll say "wait til he is healthy again, oh boy!" After 2 years of this his act will wear thin. They'll run him out of town with pitchforks.

Fritz
09-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I won't waste time looking, but I recall a scout being quoted somewhere about Lacy.

Some team is going to get this guy in the second round and for a short time is going to say "man did we ever get a steal!!" Then the real Lacy will show himself. Missed practices, nagging injuries. The production will tail off. They'll say "wait til he is healthy again, oh boy!" After 2 years of this his act will wear thin. They'll run him out of town with pitchforks.

As I get older, I find I now glance at billboards and thread titles and mis-read them. I thought Bretsky titled this thread "Packers Acquire Lesbian McCoy."

"Better than Lacy," I thought.