PDA

View Full Version : WHO IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFC ??

Bretsky
08-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Not much of a battle as to the top dog in the NFL. There is only one Hoody Genius and to boot now that he's hired Hoody Genius Jr as his OC it's a touch matchup on anybody.

But looking at the NFC...............We've chatted plenty about our head coach. But who's the top dog in the NFC ??

call_me_ishmael
08-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I know you love you some Sean Payton, but dudes record speaks for itself. Over time, he has proven himself very overrated. Maybe above average and respected due to tenure, but where are the results? One superbowl, one NFCC game. At least MM has 4 NFCC appearances.

MM is the best coach in the NFC. He's still a mile from Hoody champ. 2nd best coach in the league isn't in the league right now and is coaching at Michigan. 3rd best coach in the league in his brother in Baltimore. 4th is probably MM.

Bretsky
08-25-2017, 10:35 PM
I have chilled on Payton; I still think he's decent though.

Statistically, I think Pete C and Mike M are pretty similar.

I think my preference, although I feel they are close, is with Carroll.

MM gets shredded in here sometimes ; I'm curious as to what others feel on the poll

Brandon494
08-26-2017, 01:48 AM
Definitely not Mike

pbmax
08-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Late game issues or no, no one else has delivered like the 3rd generation of Mike.

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 12:41 PM
am I missing something or has Pete Carroll not been every bit as good ?

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 12:41 PM
Definitely not Mike

Then who is ?

RashanGary
08-26-2017, 01:06 PM

Yeah. Horse a piece. But we're packer fans..... and mm has done it longer :)

pbmax
08-26-2017, 01:34 PM

His offense suffers from the same deficiencies as the Packers defense has at times. He's been on target for his defense, but quite hit or miss on the O.

Zool
08-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Yeah. Horse a piece. But we're packer fans..... and mm has done it longer :)

Plus Carroll is a piece of shit human being. Also he coaches Seattle. That right there qualifies him to be hit by a cement truck. Maybe he can go back to college and get another college in trouble with the NCAA.

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Plus Carroll is a piece of shit human being. Also he coaches Seattle. That right there qualifies him to be hit by a cement truck. Maybe he can go back to college and get another college in trouble with the NCAA.

most coaches at this level are egotistical pricks. I"m asking for the top coach....character aside.

There are a lot of great human beings out there who sucked as coaches.

I'm just asking for the best NFC Coach :)

Bretsky
08-26-2017, 05:19 PM
His offense suffers from the same deficiencies as the Packers defense has at times. He's been on target for his defense, but quite hit or miss on the O.

pretty fair comments; and his expertise is on the defese where MM is on offense.
Statistically......I think their NFL results with Seattle and GB are pretty close record wise.

my pot stirring poles and threads often attempt to drive people to take some sides. MM gets thrown under buses a lot.

IF he's not the best NFC Coach....I'm not sure who is. Well I placed my vote so others know my view. But I'd still put him as #2 in the NFC

Upnorth
08-27-2017, 07:47 AM
I think Pete Carroll but almost went with bruce arians. Mm is third best nice, 5th or 6th best in league.

mraynrand
08-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Homer or anti-homer, sane or insane, voting for Pete Carroll cannot be enjoyable. I'd rather watch Bostick 'recover' an onside kick than give Pete Carroll any sort of props. I hope he dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell.

Brandon494
08-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Then who is ?

Pete

Brandon494
08-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Also call me crazy but I think we would be a better team with Mike Zimmerman as our head coach...defensive minded HC seems to be working for Brady :huh:

pbmax
08-27-2017, 05:06 PM
Also call me crazy but I think we would be a better team with Mike Zimmerman as our head coach...defensive minded HC seems to be working for Brady :huh:

Yes, but he is the complete opposite of most former DC's when it comes to operating his offense.

Most former DC's go one of two ways (both of them wrong):

1. This used to drive me crazy, so it must be a good idea to base an offense around it. See wildcat offense, Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano and Brad Smith.

2. You cannot score on my defense if you do not possess the football. See Marty Schottenheimer and the run game, also late game's with a lead in the playoffs.

mraynrand
08-27-2017, 05:19 PM

You have to have the correct retinue of advisors for this to work. Keep an eye on Minnesota - has their offense improved? I think it shows poor vision to compare coaches to Belicheat - he's really the most successful coach in NFL history, seen through a lens that takes into account what he did as an 'assistant' coach too. Coaches should be viewed by their success relative to the entire league, not just some ideal. Maybe you aren't seeing the bigger picture or are a bit myopic, seeing through a glass darkly. Maybe go to the opthamologist for a new prescription?

Brandon494
08-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Hire a good OC like BB and handle the defense...when you have a QB like Rodgers you're always going to put points up anyway. The reason Brady has 5 rings is because he always has a top 10 defense backing him up.

pbmax
08-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Hire a good OC like BB and handle the defense...when you have a QB like Rodgers you're always going to put points up anyway. The reason Brady has 5 rings is because he always has a top 10 defense backing him up.

The OC is one thing, but Billy completely remade their offense after the 3rd Super Bowl, moving away from the Erhardt Offense he and Parcels had been running for so long. He does more than defense.

Brandon494
08-28-2017, 06:16 AM
The OC is one thing, but Billy completely remade their offense after the 3rd Super Bowl, moving away from the Erhardt Offense he and Parcels had been running for so long. He does more than defense.

Of course he changed his offense, it's a new game now with it being pass heavy. Bottom line is if Rodgers had a top 10 defense every year he would have more than one ring right now imo.