PDA

View Full Version : Jordys last year in Packer uniform? Or a trade now even?

RashanGary
08-31-2017, 09:32 AM
The Packers will probably roll 7 deep at WR this year. 8 if you count Allison. Plus they should have a quality prospect or two on the practice squad. With Adams looking to break out as our #1 and Cobb being a legit 2...... Plus Allison is coming back and looks to be improved from an already good rookie year. So three legit guys we know can catch passes. Then we have a ton of good prospects who are running good routes and catching the ball......

At some point it's time to move on. Honestly, I could see Nelson traded now for a pick or very probably let go after this year.

Tony Oday
08-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Yeah who needs a proven #1 with great rapport with our Hall of Fame QB?

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Jordy is still a legit #1 receiver. Cobb never was. I think Cobb's play has declined more than Jordy's. If they're going to release someone after this year, I think it would be Cobb.

gbgary
08-31-2017, 09:47 AM

this! lol

pbmax
08-31-2017, 10:03 AM
I think he said in a sideline interview or perhaps post game that he has 2 years left on his deal, and he maybe wants to play one or two years after that.

hoosier
08-31-2017, 11:35 AM
No way to a trade, they would never get anywhere near his real value (to Packers) in exchange. I'm guessing he wouldn't bring more than a 3 or 4, and considering what he does for the Packer offense right now he's worth at least a pair of 1's. But even then, there would be a huge falloff, especially when they use 3 or more wides, and that would essentially cripple their aspirations for this year. I don't think I would take even a couple of D1s in exchange for a repeat of 2015.

mraynrand
08-31-2017, 02:12 PM

The Colts never recovered after losing Marvin Harrison.

hoosier
08-31-2017, 05:36 PM
The Colts never recovered after losing Marvin Harrison.

Uh.....The got the SB without him. Or was that sarcasm?

Fritz
08-31-2017, 05:44 PM
No way to a trade, they would never get anywhere near his real value (to Packers) in exchange. I'm guessing he wouldn't bring more than a 3 or 4, and considering what he does for the Packer offense right now he's worth at least a pair of 1's. But even then, there would be a huge falloff, especially when they use 3 or more wides, and that would essentially cripple their aspirations for this year. I don't think I would take even a couple of D1s in exchange for a repeat of 2015.

They're making a SB run this year. All hands on deck!

red
08-31-2017, 06:01 PM
no

just no

Brandon494
08-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Smfh...this isn't Madden

Brandon494
08-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Nelson is our white Donald Driver #lifer

Bretsky
08-31-2017, 06:59 PM
IMO Cobb is the guy to trade; I don't think he's a strong #2. I'd roll with Jordy and Adams

Zool
08-31-2017, 07:10 PM
IMO Cobb is the guy to trade; I don't think he's a strong #2. I'd roll with Jordy and Adams

How did it feel to type that you want Adams over Cobb?

pbmax
08-31-2017, 07:16 PM
That means a Mad posting can't be far behind.

#FresnoBatSignal

Bretsky
08-31-2017, 07:18 PM
How did it feel to type that you want Adams over Cobb?

Feels good; I am happy to be wrong when players turn out 2x better than I expected; although I do own Mad a Mea Culpa

Would much rather have this occur than be right like I was with wanna be's like Justine and Sherry and all the others..lol

RashanGary
08-31-2017, 08:14 PM
I thought this was the last year on his deal.... changes things knowing he's got another year on the current deals

At some point someone's gotta go. Adams is 23 years old and really good. He needs to stay. So it's between Cobb and Nelson. Nelson is getting old.

Rutnstrut
08-31-2017, 08:26 PM
Adams has a lot more to prove imo. If they didn't trade wussy boy Clay there is no way they trade Jordy.

KYPack
08-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Fackrell is SO awful.

This is definitely Cobb's last year, he's all hit out.

This is a lot of little kids first Packer game.

The Pack is such a cool franchise.

(wrong thread)

mraynrand
08-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Uh.....The got the SB without him. Or was that sarcasm?

:) Yes

Rodgers likes his trusty #1 guy (Jennings, Nelson, ?). Packers would need to find their Reggie Wayne; is it really Adams or someone yet to be drafted?

mraynrand
08-31-2017, 10:05 PM
If they didn't trade wussy boy Clay

You certainly don't think they'd get anything of value for Clay, do you?

Smidgeon
08-31-2017, 11:13 PM
You certainly don't think they'd get anything of value for Clay, do you?

Not to mention that except for Justin Houston, Clay has more sacks per active game over the last five years than anyone (if I remember the stat right).

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2017, 07:31 AM
They're not trading Matthews; Almost as surely, they aren't trading Nelson now.

As for next year, if in fact he does have a major bounce back year, he ain't going anyplace. If he fades or even stays the same, it really could be his last season here.

Fritz
09-01-2017, 07:34 AM
I was far less impressed with Hundley this exhibition season than I was two summers ago; thus my ridonkulous scenario of two years ago (trade Aaron Rodgers for a boatload of high draft picks) is no longer even a wisp of a thought. In fact, I never said it.

RashanGary
03-14-2018, 12:45 AM
I don’t sound so crazy a year later.

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 07:48 AM
I don’t sound so crazy a year later.

you didn't a year ago either.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 08:33 AM

Hahahahah :pack: Plus PLUS !

Here's where 'the Kool Aid Gang' designation might begin at it's TOP; but certainly this Post (if it's serious) would find you in that non exclusive Club here at Packerrats.

Yes ... this Post deems you have a great thirst for that certain beverage! Ahh Dear !

There was no Green Lime available; all the same I placed yours on some nice GREEN Grass. :-)

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2013/04/15/newkoolaid152way_custom-3c2245edffea4cc40706e05c9878600b378568c7-s900-c85.jpg

First Guy: Hello (Packer GM). We're interested in acquiring another WR and wondering what it would take to acquire ahhhhh if I may dare ask uhh well uhh Gee dahh; how will I put this Ohh I know (pause) Jordy Nelson

Packer GM: Yea well ...we'll deal Jordy but it'll take TWO FIRSTS this year and next and a third this year.

Dial Tone.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 08:36 AM
I was far less impressed with Hundley this exhibition season than I was two summers ago; thus my ridonkulous scenario of two years ago (trade Aaron Rodgers for a boatload of high draft picks) is no longer even a wisp of a thought. In fact, I never said it.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/9331712ca962471e8466e2014c8b74b8/brass-band-playing-during-the-errection-of-a-maypole-germany-bavaria-ebw9jy.jpg

pbmax
03-14-2018, 08:41 AM

We were warned.

pbmax
03-14-2018, 08:42 AM
you didn't a year ago either.

Glad you are back. I am gonna need a 4,000 word breakdown of Kizer if you please.

mraynrand
03-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Glad you are back. I am gonna need a 4,000 word breakdown of Kizer if you please.

I don't have the strength for that. Bottom line is Kizer has a high ceiling. He has the size and strength and moxie to be a starting QB, maybe even a pro bowl caliber guy. But man does he need seasoning. But you have to remember that Cleveland had virtually nothing at WR last year. They had malcontents (Britt), pot heads (Gordo for a few games), injured former top picks (Coleman), and extremely young TEs. Kizer could move the offense, but his hesitations (lack of confidence in himself, receivers) caused most of his 22 INTs. It was really awful in Cleveland. Britt makes Bennett look like a dedicated team player. Gordon had more yards in 5 games than Coleman had in 9. Plus Coleman had several game-killing drops. Ugly offense due to no talent. Their top receiver was Duke Johnson, a running back - and he had about 700 yards receiving - about TWICE as much as their top receiver - who was the nobody TE Seth Devalve. Think about that for a while.

pbmax
03-14-2018, 09:38 AM
I don't have the strength for that. Bottom line is Kizer has a high ceiling. He has the size and strength and moxie to be a starting QB, maybe even a pro bowl caliber guy. But man does he need seasoning. But you have to remember that Cleveland had virtually nothing at WR last year. They had malcontents (Britt), pot heads (Gordo for a few games), injured former top picks (Coleman), and extremely young TEs. Kizer could move the offense, but his hesitations (lack of confidence in himself, receivers) caused most of his 22 INTs. It was really awful in Cleveland. Britt makes Bennett look like a dedicated team player. Gordon had more yards in 5 games than Coleman had in 9. Plus Coleman had several game-killing drops. Ugly offense due to no talent. Their top receiver was Duke Johnson, a running back - and he had about 700 yards receiving - about TWICE as much as their top receiver - who was the nobody TE Seth Devalve. Think about that for a while.

Somehow, ranting about how bad the Browns offense was makes me feel better.

I think.

esoxx
03-14-2018, 05:08 PM

Now if only Dr. John Holmes, PhD would return.

woodbuck27
03-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Now if only Dr. John Holmes, PhD would return.

May I have People With Borderline Personalty Disorder for $100.00 Alex.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 12:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYQGDktXkAAIFvv.jpg

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 01:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYQUjw2WsAAYr9k.jpg:large

Jordy Nelson was more than just a receiver

Fritz
03-15-2018, 06:01 AM

In the same post in which I admit to having misjudged (badly) Hundley's upside, I also turn out to have been prescient about his downside. Funny.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm tuned in 'of course' to the NFL Network this Morn'.

I'm really quite surprised at the LOVE these people feel for Jordy Nelson.

One member of the Panel went so far as to say that Jordy Nelson is his personal favourite All Time Green Bay Packer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V--4o2G9EBc

http://zombdrive.com/images1600_/2001-cadillac-eldorado-7.jpg

Jordy 'Eldorado' Nelson

Jordy was my Packer Wide Receiver and that's my Ride.

Favourite All Time Packers:

1. NO.4 Brett Favre
2. NO.12 Aaron Rodgers
3. NO. 80 Donald Driver
4. NO.87 Jordy Nelson
5. NO.66 Ray Nitschke

I chose them because of their tremendous attitudes and heart for the game of football.They all exemplify what it means to be 'a Green Bay Packer'.

I can't wait to see which NFL Team will scoop up this man's heart for the game of football. I believe his best fit is as a New England Patriot. Tom Brady has to be drooling over the prospect of Bill Belichick wanting Jordy. I know that Pat Fans certainly are wanting Jordy Nelson catching 'Tom Terrific' passes. It's certainly the very best fit for Jordy except for his love of Farming being a consideration. So what's a short commute got to do with winning another Super Bowl Championship and that Ring!?

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 10:17 AM
How soon Management forgets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hV4ydtMqNU

mraynrand
03-15-2018, 10:24 AM
How soon Management forgets:

So your view is that the Packers should have kept Nelson and paid him the 9.25 million and taken a 12.5 million cap hit for him this year?

KYPack
03-15-2018, 11:03 AM

Agree 100%. Kizer has a lot of potential. When the kid has some confidence and swagger, he can be very effective. When he hits a rough spot, he jumps out of the wheelhouse and lands in the water . He is similar to Hundley physically, but I think he has a much higher ceiling than Brett II.

We now have a player similar to BH, with two more seasons to grow.

Pugger
03-15-2018, 11:24 AM
It sounds like Jordy is going to sign with the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what his new contract is. I'm glad he isn't in the NFC or NE.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 11:33 AM
It sounds like Jordy is going to sign with the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what his new contract is. I'm glad he isn't in the NFC or NE.

Yup !

Report: Jordy Nelson expected to sign w/OAK Thurs. Mar 15, 2018 - 11:36 AM

" Nelson is still in Oakland after visiting with the Raiders on Wednesday, and a source told Schefter, "This is going to get done." Nelson is clearly on the back nine of his career, but he would be a solid red-zone option for Derek Carr. "

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 12:00 PM
The word just now from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is that Oakland is giving Jordy Nelson his Physical.

He'll then in all likelihood be inked to what looks like a $7 Million$ CAP Hit.

Jordy Nelson will soon be photographed in Raider Black and White. Good for him.

Fritz
03-15-2018, 12:05 PM
The word just now from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is that Oakland is giving Jordy Nelson his Physical.

He'll then in all likelihood be inked to what looks like a $7 Million$ CAP Hit.

Jordy Nelson will soon be photographed in Raider Black and White. Good for him.

Watch him go all thuggish and shit.

pbmax
03-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
If the #Raiders finalize a deal with WR Jordy Nelson, they are likely to release WR Michael Crabtree, who has a $7.7M cap hit. That is in their plans.

The cap hit is Crabtree. Nelson's numbers not mentioned.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 01:12 PM
The latest I'm hearing right now is that there might be a Bidding WAR developing for Jordy Nelson's services.

The NO Saints may be making a serious bid for him.

Jordy Nelson has visits scheduled with the Oakland Raiders, the Seattle Seahawks and New Orleans Saints, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

A profootballtalk.com report suggests the Patriots are his top target.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Watch him go all thuggish and shit.

I wouldn't be shocked to see this turn around 180 degrees and Green Bay brings Jordy Nelson back

I'm trying to just infer that Aaron Rodgers was a little upset to see the Packers 'low ball Jordy Nelson'; SOLID sources claim that is the TRUTH.

Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson are Friends.

I think Aaron has a bigger input into what the BRASS Knobs are thinking and planning on doing NOT doing than most of you.

Heaven forbid that the finest talent in the NFL and a real smart mind might know what he needs to win.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
If the #Raiders finalize a deal with WR Jordy Nelson, they are likely to release WR Michael Crabtree, who has a $7.7M cap hit. That is in their plans.

The cap hit is Crabtree. Nelson's numbers not mentioned.

The last number was a specific $7 Million$ CAP hit as the proposed cost for the Oakland Raiders to acquire Jordy Nelson ..if...he agrees with that offer.

Yes if that goes down the Rumour is that the Raiders will say Bye Bye to Crabtree.

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Ian Rapoport:

The Saints are making a "hard push" for free agent Jordy Nelson.

It was reported earlier that Nelson was close to signing with Oakland after visiting the Raiders on Wednesday but Rapoport confirms it's "not a done deal."

In addition to the Saints, the Seahawks are also making a run at Nelson.

The 33-year-old finished last season on a 10-game touchdown drought but obviously teams still feel he has something to offer. .............Mar 15 - 2:19 PM

woodbuck27
03-15-2018, 03:06 PM
It's offically done and being Reported by the NFL Networks Former Packer WR James Jones and >>> Ian Rapoport:

The Oakland Raiders will be the winner for the services of Jordy Nelson's.

2 Years in the Deal worth 15 Million or 7.5 Million per Season.

Teamcheez1
03-15-2018, 05:14 PM
As stated elsewhere, $15M with $13M guaranteed. No thanks.

mraynrand
03-15-2018, 05:35 PM
As stated elsewhere, $15M with $13M guaranteed. No thanks.

I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn.

Teamcheez1
03-15-2018, 06:07 PM
I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn.

I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed.

SavedByGrace
03-15-2018, 08:54 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/03/15/james-jones-packers-really-really-low-balled-jordy-nelson/429119002/

I'm sad to read this article. I get that Jordy is far past his prime, but I do believe he still has a lot to offer and could really have helped the Pack. The fact that he was even considering a really, really low offer from the Packers would lead me to ask why they couldn't just give him a little bit more to keep him around for a year or two. It's undeniable he has off-the-charts chemistry with 12. Now we will probably bring in a rookie who will take years to develop into that. I guess I'm sad it had to go down this way, and sad we disrespected him a little. I guess that's business, though

pbmax
03-15-2018, 11:26 PM
I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed.

James Jones and anonymous source to Wilde said they were barely above the vet minimum.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 03:56 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/03/15/james-jones-packers-really-really-low-balled-jordy-nelson/429119002/

I'm sad to read this article. I get that Jordy is far past his prime, but I do believe he still has a lot to offer and could really have helped the Pack. The fact that he was even considering a really, really low offer from the Packers would lead me to ask why they couldn't just give him a little bit more to keep him around for a year or two. It's undeniable he has off-the-charts chemistry with 12. Now we will probably bring in a rookie who will take years to develop into that. I guess I'm sad it had to go down this way, and sad we disrespected him a little. I guess that's business, though

I'm with you and this one.

I'm very sure from all I got on this that Aaron Rodgers wasn't impressed.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2018, 09:09 AM
James Jones and anonymous source to Wilde said they were barely above the vet minimum.

I saw the James Jones story. I guess some could see it as insulting to offer a contract around vet minimum (this is unconfirmed). I see no problem with offering Jordy $1-3M to stick around another year or two.

Paying him anything close to his current contract or what the Raiders are paying him is ridiculous. Lesson learned - just cut the player next time and move one.

Joemailman
03-16-2018, 10:22 AM
I saw the James Jones story. I guess some could see it as insulting to offer a contract around vet minimum (this is unconfirmed). I see no problem with offering Jordy $1-3M to stick around another year or two.

Paying him anything close to his current contract or what the Raiders are paying him is ridiculous. Lesson learned - just cut the player next time and move one.

When TT decided to move on from Charles Woodson because his contract was too expensive, they just cut him. Given Woodson's stature, they weren't going to ask him to take a huge pay cut. Should have done the same thing here.

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 10:45 AM
" I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn. " mraynrand

The response to above:

"I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed." Teamcheez1

Comment woodbuck27:

Her expression overhearing the conversation of two men wearing Packer hats in the Coffee Shop.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8wRXa971Xw0/hqdefault.jpg

mraynrand
03-16-2018, 10:48 AM

Is that your mistress? I won't tell Mae.

Carolina_Packer
03-16-2018, 01:59 PM
When TT decided to move on from Charles Woodson because his contract was too expensive, they just cut him. Given Woodson's stature, they weren't going to ask him to take a huge pay cut. Should have done the same thing here.

QFT. This comes under the category of "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." The Packers have the right to move on from any player, but when it's an all-time player, show respect and don't low-ball. Just move on and let him make a fresh start.

I wonder if they tried to trade him.

Bretsky
03-16-2018, 06:19 PM
KUDOS TO THE THREAD ORGINATOR FOR CALLING THIS

MAY I SUGGEST AN ANNUAL THREAD ?

WHO'S NEXT ??

pbmax
03-16-2018, 07:50 PM

Its insulting if the agent has pocketed offers from two other teams with $10+ mil guaranteed. Sometimes the information about the market just walks into your offer and gives it to you.

pbmax
03-16-2018, 07:51 PM
KUDOS TO THE THREAD ORGINATOR FOR CALLING THIS

MAY I SUGGEST AN ANNUAL THREAD ?

WHO'S NEXT ??

Don't pick Matthews Justin, that is too easy!

Fritz
03-19-2018, 01:23 PM
" I was thinking $10 mil and $5 guaranteed would be the max anyone would go. Jordy will do better than with Hundley, but he won't do as well as with Rodgers. Gotta think Gruden sees him as much closer to Jurevicius than Keyshawn. " mraynrand

The response to above:

"I bet the Packers were thinking around $5M - $7M for two years with half guaranteed." Teamcheez1

Comment woodbuck27:

Her expression overhearing the conversation of two men wearing Packer hats in the Coffee Shop.

Joe: "Is that your mistress? I won't tell Mae."

Mistress, daughter - if you're Donald Trump, it's all the same.

And lest you tell me to take it to the Garbage Can, may I point out that I am simply making a point about Tramon Williams and his skillset relative to his age. I think.