PDA

View Full Version : SUPRISE CUT ??????????? POST IT WITH STONES

Bretsky
08-31-2017, 10:53 PM
ANYBODY WANT TO GO OUT ON THE LIMB AND POST A SUPRISE CUT OR TWO ????

Give it your best shot.......Plodder...Fackrell...Spriggs....are they worthless and replaceable projects while others are simply better players....more upside...etc.........

I think they all get the I'm a Ted high draft pick so giving them more time pass..but looking for views.

WHAT SUPRISES DO WE HEAR ABOUT SATURDAY ??????????

Smidgeon
08-31-2017, 11:14 PM
Allison on O and Gunter on D are the two I'm watching. The longer the preseason goes on, the more likely it seems Allison will stick (the rookie WRs faded a bit). But those have been the two I've been eyeing all offseason.

Joemailman
08-31-2017, 11:48 PM
I thnk Fackrell. Gunter probably played well enough tonight to get another year.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2017, 11:50 PM
I think Kuhn gets the ax. He;s just hanging on as a fan favorite.

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Gunter ain't going anyplace. A real long shot would be Randall Cobb, but I guess I don't have the "stones" to predict him, just mention him hahahahaha.

Barclay wouldn't qualify as a surprise. Neither would Kerridge.

How about Jake Ryan? He and Martinez played last night; I don't think Joe Thomas did - which could mean Thomas is ahead of the other two, and Martinez is better than Ryan. But no, none of the backups are any good either - just a mention, not a prediction.

Sorry, I don't see any surprises - I could go with Fackrell, but that also wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Fritz
09-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Now that Brooks is in the fold and Gilbert has flashed some potential, I'm going to say that they'll part ways with Fackrell.

I believe Ted does things the same ways over and over, until fans bitterly resign themselves to 1. He never signs free agents, 2. He never trades up, or 3. Whatever the current criticism is - and then Ted does the opposite. He's only doing all this to fuck with fans. That's his MO.

Therefore, he will cut a high-round draft pick who's still young but has shown little. That would be Fackrell.

ThunderDan
09-01-2017, 07:31 AM
ARod, look how little he played. He must be on the outs with MM and TT.

ND72
09-01-2017, 07:59 AM
I have a hard time with Fackrell. He's one of Ted's draft picks. He seems to struggle to just give up on them.

I could see Gunter getting cut, or traded. They will not cut Cobb, so let it go. They will not cut Spriggs, so let it go. Dick Rodg could get traded? Allison is interesting, but doubt they'd cut him, he has potential. I HOPE they cut Janis. I'll go back his house for him. Then there is Williams, Jones, & Mays at HB. Williams and Jones have had flashes, as has Mays...do they keep 4 HB? 2 Fullbacks are doubtful.

I don't think they'll cut Barclay. He's been hurt. Quick side note, we live by a few packer players, and I had the kids at the park the other day and House & Barclay's (I think) wives were at the park also. Barclay's wife has a real southern draw, and just has a loud voice. Their older son was NOT listening...all of the sudden, "Boy, get yo ass over here or I am gonna smack it"...run boy, run!

I don't know what "surprises" there will be. I tried doing the create your roster for the GB Press Gazette, and I could only get down to 59 before I really didn't know who would be next, so I think it'll be tough this year, mix of valued vets for the first time along with valued youngsters.

ND72
09-01-2017, 08:07 AM
ESPN Prediction...
http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/40357/packers-53-man-roster-projection-includes-6-wrs-maybe-a-7th-after-week-1

pbmax
09-01-2017, 08:44 AM
It was Gunter until last night. Coaches will fall in love with his tape.

It will be Elliot. He will end up on IR.

smuggler
09-01-2017, 10:53 AM
I will guess Richard Rodgers is the surprise cut. It just makes too much sense. Peck looks decent, and Kendricks and Benny are ahead of him on the depth chart.

gbgary
09-01-2017, 11:51 AM
I will guess Richard Rodgers is the surprise cut. It just makes too much sense. Peck looks decent, and Kendricks and Benny are ahead of him on the depth chart.

wow...you might be on to something there. his loss will help off-set the brooks signing. we all know how important the payroll situation is with tt.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 11:52 AM
I will print out this page of posts (displaying 20 currently) and eat it if DickRod is cut (does not apply to some random injury he suffered that gets him stashed away).

gbgary
09-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I will print out this page of posts (displaying 20 currently) and eat it if DickRod is cut (does not apply to some random injury he suffered that gets him stashed away).

lol. i'd hate to see dickrod cut as the team would be less talented, and i don't think smug is advocating it, but it wouldn't surprise me after thinking about the tt factor.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 12:15 PM
I think M3 really plans on a lot of two TE this year and he will want 4 TEs, and 3 would be the minimum.

smuggler
09-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah I was basing it off of the O in the past. More 2TE makes it less likely.

Patler
09-01-2017, 02:17 PM
How about a surprise non-cut? They keep all 4 QBs initially, as they work out a trade for Hundley over the next week or two. If it doesn't work out, one gets released to make room for Allison.

Patler
09-01-2017, 02:24 PM
All DL get cut except Lawry. Daniels, Clark, Adams and Jean-Francois. Why keep more than 5 when you seldom play more than two on any given down?

MadScientist
09-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Spriggs would be my guess, although he might survive to the 53 only to be cut and replaced by somebody cut by another team. I don't care where he was drafted, when a tackle can be beaten inside or outside with speed moves and walked back to the QB on power moves, there's no point of him being on the roster. He looks only slightly better than Chris Carter trying to block Reggie White.

Patler
09-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Surprise cuts?....Every draft pick after Williams, as the Packers go with two RB and two FBs on their 53 man roster, with both Mays and Jones on PS, along with Yancey and Dupree. Again, since in recent years they rarely have more than two RBs and 5 or 6 WRs active on game days, stashing them on PS is no different than on the 53, but inactive. If they lose one or the other, they don't care. Allison will be the 6th WR on the roster after his suspension.

Both Ripkowski and Kerridge are kept, and both active on game days.

smuggler
09-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Both Mays and Jones have looked better than Williams in the preseason, though.

Patler
09-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Both Mays and Jones have looked better than Williams in the preseason, though.

It has been noted by several reporters that Williams is clearly the best of the three at pass blocking. That trumps any advantage the others might have as ball carriers. That is why they go to PS, to hone their AAron Rodgers protection skills

Bretsky
09-01-2017, 03:54 PM
I see now way TT cuts Fackrell or Spriggs ; too close to them being TT's guys.

Plodder is what he is. OK in zone cause he finds a spot. Ceiling about as high as the floor you stand on. He's a logical one but doubt is cause he's a round 3 TT pick too.

Not sure who goes.

Joemailman
09-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Peck has been released

SkinBasket
09-01-2017, 06:24 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you assholes? Gunter is not going to be cut. Fuck. Short fucking memories. And Allison? I swear some of you pick the best young players we have and shit on them to make yourselves feel better about your mundane lives.

pbmax
09-01-2017, 06:33 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you assholes? Gunter is not going to be cut. Fuck. Short fucking memories. And Allison? I swear some of you pick the best young players we have and shit on them to make yourselves feel better about your mundane lives.

Gunter had one good preseason game and came on at the end of camp. He was the best CB on a 31st ranked pass defense.

The roster will be better when he gets replaced.

I agree Allison is not going anywhere (except suspended list Week 1).

Bretsky
09-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Allison really looks like he belongs
Last year I wondered if he'd make the team
This year I'm wondering if he's our #3 WR in a year or two

Joemailman
09-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Allison really looks like he belongs
Last year I wondered if he'd make the team
This year I'm wondering if he's our #3 WR in a year or two

He's why I think this could be Cobb's last year in Green Bay.

vince
09-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I could see Francois as a surprise cut while Price and Ringo stick. Adams to IR.

Joemailman
09-01-2017, 09:02 PM
I could see Francois as a surprise cut while Price and Ringo stick. Adams to IR.
It's possible. Francois wasn't very noticeable in the preseason. However, if Adams goes to IR, I think Price, Ringo and Francois all stick. If Adams is on the 53, either Price or Francois will be gone. I think Ringo made the team with his play.

Rutnstrut
09-01-2017, 10:56 PM
He's why I think this could be Cobb's last year in Green Bay.

Well there is also the fact that Cobb just isn't that good.

mraynrand
09-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Well there is also the fact that Cobb just isn't that good.

And his salary is absurd. McCaffrey can replace Cobb next year if NE doesn't get him.

Bretsky
09-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Mccaffrey is made for NE

Speaking of guys made for NE, I wonder how my old friend Abby is doing.

He should have went to NE for minimum wage too

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2017, 11:56 PM
I don't have that high an opinion of McCaffrey. I'd take Clark over him any day, also Yancey and probably Dupre also.

KYPack
09-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Mccaffrey is made for NE

Speaking of guys made for NE, I wonder how my old friend Abby is doing.

He should have went to NE for minimum wage too

Saw him in an exhibition game. He ran a solid route, was open and the kid at QB threw it the other way. He's supposedly in a fight for the 5th WR job. He hasn't done well and neither has his competitor. It's a coin flip. I agree, he's tailor-made for NE.

bobblehead
09-02-2017, 10:15 AM
How about if BOTH fackrell and spriggs are cut? Doubt it, but I haven't seen ANY reason to keep long underweight white guys this year. Then possibly using the depth at DL or WR to deal for a backup tackle if we can find one. I can't predict a trade (who can) but Hundly, Cobb, DickRod could all be candidates to be dealt if TT finds someone who can shore up a weak position.

Teamcheez1
09-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Spriggs buys one more year simply because of his draft status. I personally think he has been average and is not as terrible as some think. Give him another year to develop.

It's not like he will need to be active on game days for the most part.

Bretsky
09-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Spriggs buys one more year simply because of his draft status. I personally think he has been average and is not as terrible as some think. Give him another year to develop.

It's not like he will need to be active on game days for the most part.

We are sure in trouble at this point if he is

Patler
09-02-2017, 11:04 AM
I suspect Spriggs will be active on game days, otherwise who will be the backup LT?

Remember that Taylor looked awful in preseason last year. Several of the "experts" suggested it was time to move on to another backup guard. Instead, the Packers dumped Josh Sitton, made Taylor the starter, and it turned out OK.

Patler
09-02-2017, 11:12 AM
How about a surprise non-cut? They keep all 4 QBs initially, as they work out a trade for Hundley over the next week or two. If it doesn't work out, one gets released to make room for Allison.

So much for this bold prediction! :lol::lol:
Callahan is gone.

Pugger
09-02-2017, 11:32 AM
I heard Callahan is staying in town for the PS unless some other team picks him up. So does this mean they are gonna keep Hill on the 53? Put both on SP? :huh:

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Hill was cut, per reports. They'd like to bring him back to the PS too. I think Callahan will go elsewhere. Hopeful Hill won't get claimed.

woodbuck27
09-02-2017, 05:37 PM
I thnk Fackrell. Gunter probably played well enough tonight to get another year.

Gunter Guuuuggghhh !

smuggler
09-03-2017, 11:36 AM
I suspect Spriggs will be active on game days, otherwise who will be the backup LT?

If Bulaga is available, he's my first choice for LT if Bakhtiari goes down.

Joemailman
09-03-2017, 12:44 PM
If Bulaga is available, he's my first choice for LT if Bakhtiari goes down.

Then you weaken 2 positions. Better to start Spriggs (who played better last preseason game), and give him help if needed.

pbmax
09-03-2017, 12:46 PM
SPRIGGS™ did look better, in fact, better than Murphy. But its kinda like he has three leaks and two available fingers. He was clean on speedy, upfield rushes and inside counter moves.

But man did he get knocked backward by some power moves.

He's like an erector set that is missing a bolt.

KYPack
09-04-2017, 03:08 PM
SPRIGGS™ did look better, in fact, better than Murphy. But its kinda like he has three leaks and two available fingers. He was clean on speedy, upfield rushes and inside counter moves.

But man did he get knocked backward by some power moves.

He's like an erector set that is missing a bolt.

A Young tackle very vulnerable to a bull rush?

Yecch!

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Then you weaken 2 positions. Better to start Spriggs (who played better last preseason game), and give him help if needed.

Agreed. I hate shuffling the lines.

Spriggs is gonna get beat a few plays. live with it.

wist43
09-04-2017, 04:11 PM

I think Spriggs is hopeless... and to tell you the truth I'm surprised.

I thought with some time in an NFL program that he'd get stronger and be able to compete, but he looks worse than terrible. You put him on the field?? And you'll be picking Rodgers body parts up with a shovel.

Fritz
09-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Cross your fingers and hold your breath for this year. Then give him an offseason to let it all sink in, get him in the weight room some more, and I'll bet next year he'll be fine.