PDA

View Full Version : 2017-18 NFL Season FF Pro Pickem Is Now Set To Go Again.

woodbuck27
09-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Would someone who knows how PLEASE Sticky this Post. Thanks, Woody

I hope as many members as we can get will sign up for another exciting Season of The Pro Pickem Challenge, here again at Packerrats. Show all of Packerrats that you know what is going on in and around the NFL.

It all begins again this coming Thursday Evening 07 Sept. 2017 and a new beginning to another NFL Season.

I have arranged with Yahoo Fantasy Sports for another Exciting Season and the Yahoo Fantasy Sports Pro Pickem Event and Packerrats or a Tradition that began back in 2006.

** You simply need to Sign into the Yahoo Fantasy Sports Pro Pickem. This Season the GROUP NAME is: packerssuperbowlorbust.

It is the Group ID#, not the group name, that 'YOU' must use to join The Packerrats Pro Pickem'.

** First, you must enter the Group ID# and The Group ID# Is: 33756

** Next, you must enter the PASSWORD. The PASSWORD is: 274471.

** Finally, you must enter YOUR PICK SET NAME... and follow the rest of the instructions and your a member of The Packerrats PRO Pickem' Group for the 2017-18 Season including all of the Playoffs etc.

** Please Note: It has been our tradition at Packerrats that the Championship is awarded at the end of the Final Regular Season Game before the Playoffs begin. In order to be eligible for any Yahoo Awards you must continue in the Pro Pickemè until all Playoffs etc. are completed.

I hope we will get a Record Number Of Entrants this Season as this is a lot about learning about the entire NFL. I wish all of you who join up the Best Of Luck. Have fun !!

Woody

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
09-02-2017, 06:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG1

The beginning of our Packerrats Pro Pickem' and another exciting NFL Season Kicks Off this coming Thursday Evening... Thurs. 7 Sept. 2017.

CHIEFS AT PATRIOTS

Kickoff of the 2017 NFL season brings unparalleled excitement as fans will be treated to two high-powered offenses right out of the gate. Can Alex Smith, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill keep up with Tom Brady and the reigning Super Bowl champs on Opening Night?

KYPack
09-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Good job, there Wood.

You are an insane galloping Moose, I'll say that much for ya.

woodbuck27
09-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Good job, there Wood.

You are an insane galloping Moose, I'll say that much for ya.

Hahaha ...Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it KY.

What I want to know is:

Did you have any issues and signing on given my instructions? Thanks. :???:

KYPack
09-04-2017, 08:53 AM
No, it was too easy. I used an old Yahoo icon and it said I was already signed up.

So I was in there.

Let's get some members, now.

pbmax
09-05-2017, 11:55 AM
I am in. Esoxx looks like he's in there as well.

esoxx
09-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes, thanks for setting this up Woody

woodbuck27
09-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Yes, thanks for setting this up Woody

Your very welcome esoxx but we need another TEN members to join in.

Come on Packerrats this is a good event. :pack:

woodbuck27
09-05-2017, 10:42 PM
No, it was too easy. I used an old Yahoo icon and it said I was already signed up.

So I was in there.

Let's get some members, now.

I just checked and so far we only have 5 members signed up. That is when I checked on Wed. Night Sept. 5, 2017 11:30 PM EST.

If anyone misses tomorrow nights game; that is a mere 1 CP loss. Hopefully members get into this before Sunday Games.

MadScientist
09-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Links for convenience.

To register go to:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

For the league itself after registering:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Links for convenience.

To register go to:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

For the league itself after registering:
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Thanks MadScientist.

I just checked and we are now @ !2:20 PM EST on Wed. Sept. 6, 2017 a Pro Pickem Group @ Packerrats with 8 Members and my hope that more will come in before this Sunday's scheduled games begin.

Please remember that all picks and Confidence Points must be assigned by 5 Minutes before Game Time.

:clap: Packerrats I challenge Y'all to join; we need to double the 8 Members to 16 - 20. :clap:

wpony
09-06-2017, 02:26 PM
well back for another ass kicking this year I keep trying LOL if only I could do as well in the regular season as I do in the playoffs

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 03:40 PM
well back for another ass kicking this year I keep trying LOL if only I could do as well in the regular season as I do in the playoffs

Hey wpony I am so Pleased that your back on board and DO NOT FOOL Yourself.

Your growing as an NFL Pro Picker. Your more than just a :pack: fan.

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I just checked and with Harvey and wpony in we are up to Ten Members in this Seasons Pro Pickem.

Thanks so much Guys for signing up. :-)

I encourage all Packerrats to take 'a Kick At The Can' and join the rest of us and this marvelous event.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 04:42 PM
ThunderDan has signed on and now we have 11 Members

Thanks and Good Luck ThunderDan. Your due for the next Championship !

Where is our Defending Champ from the 2016-17 Season? That Packer Fan from Europe !?

Is it mmmmdk? Whatever ..... Come on down. :-)

KYPack
09-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Hey, guit signing up all the qood pickers.

We need bad ones on board, too

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Hey, guit signing up all the qood pickers.

We need bad ones on board, too

KY: We 'bad one's'; are already signed on.

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Great ...... LEWCWA joined today and we are now Twelve.

Thanks LEWCWA and Good Luck Packer Fan. :-)

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 05:20 PM
OK so your thinking I might like to join in the fun and the NFL Pro Pickem this Season !

I hope you 'in fact' do sign on because doing so is an enjoyable and challenging experience.

Playing in the Pro Pickem will allow you to get down with more 'All Things NFL'.

Give it a shot this Season. :-)

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Great we are now.... 13 !

VegasPackFan is aboard. Good Luck Packer Fan.

MadScientist
09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Late joiners get an advantage, they only loose 1 point from last night's game. Everyone else picked the Pats, and I suspect put more than one point on the game.

woodbuck27
09-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Late joiners get an advantage, they only loose 1 point from last night's game. Everyone else picked the Pats, and I suspect put more than one point on the game.

Yes PLEASE add your names to the Pro Pickem membership list for this season. It will be a good experience for you and NFL football. :-)

I checked just before game time and 9 out of 13 members went with double digit confidence.

So any new members are definitely gaining a nice start of Week 1 Bonus on the rest of the Crew.

As a side not I was very impressed in what The KC Chiefs showed us last night. That team has a serious 'D' and some very quick footed men on 'O'.

On the other side the NE Patriots looked bloody terrible... just very ordinary. I can't wait to see how Belichick adjusts.

KYPack
09-10-2017, 08:27 AM
KY: We 'bad one's'; are already signed on.
That's obvious
(Look at game one picks)

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 08:42 AM
That's obvious
(Look at game one picks)

I still feel like a CNN Reporter covering Hurricane Irma .... 'LIVE'.

Staggered ! Staggering !! :whaa:

That games result was a shocker hahaha. I predict an interesting Season for us Pro Pickers.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Let's go! Everyone join in on this one. Even if you miss a game or two you can still be in it.*

*Seriously. I have no points and am in third place.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Let's go! Everyone join in on this one. Even if you miss a game or two you can still be in it.*

*Seriously. I have no points and am in third place.

Yes come on Packerrats get on board. The Pro Pickem may change your NFL life.

It's 'a Good Thing'.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 12:02 PM
OK and checking just before the Early slate of Sunday Sept. 10, 2017 games:

We are up to a very decent total of 14 Members competing in this Season' s Pro Pickem.

Thanks and Congratulations for all of you that are in this event and GOOD LUCK. :-)

GO PACKERS GO !

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 03:36 PM
The Opening games for the First Sunday of this Season.

Uuuugggghhh ! :whaa:

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 12:55 PM
With 'only' Detroit @NY Giants remaining in Week 2 of the NFL Schedule:

I am very happy with what I am seeing so far and the Pro Pickem' competition. It is really tight at the TOP with only 2 CP's separating Six members.

Good stuff !

pbmax
09-21-2017, 08:32 AM
wrong thread

woodbuck27
10-01-2017, 02:40 PM
I felt that the early games for Sunday 1 Oct. 2017 would be a mess to pick right.

Right now and all games into the 4th Qtr.; Atlanta (-7.5) 17-20 Buffalo, New England at Home (-9) 23-30 Carolina and Jacksonville (-3) are losing 17-20 on the Road to NY Jets.

The Dallas Cowboys (-6) are trailing in Dallas to the LA Rams 26-24 Rams.

Detroit (+2) and in Minny are up 14-7 over the Vikings.

The Pro Pickem is a real challenge in early Season games. :whaa:

woodbuck27
10-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Week Five is going to be a Head Burner for all Pro Pickem enthusiasts.

Of the remaining 13 games Nine of those have an 'Against The Spread' of 3 or less.

Two more are at 4 or less.

The way it's been so far this NFL Season, anything might happen.

There are some terrific Match Ups:

Carolina @ Detroit (-2)

Baltimore @ Oakland (-3)

Seattle @ LA RAMS (-2.5)

KC (-1) @ Houston

Minnesota (-3) @ Chicago

and the Game Of The Week 'certainly for us Packer fans'... Green Bay (- 2.5) @ Dallas.

GO PACKERS !

GOOD LUCK.

woodbuck27
10-08-2017, 08:53 PM
I was correct and Week Five is turning out to be just another 'Real Stinker.

Seven Dogs won the first 12 of 14 games this week. Six of those Seven were Road Dogs.

Carolina (R); Miami; LA Chargers (R); Jacksonville (R); Baltimore (R); Seattle (R) and Green Bay (R)

The final two games SNF KC (-1) @ Houston and MNF Minny (-3) @ Chicago are good matchups to look forward to.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 11:09 AM
OK Here we go and Week 6 and the Early Sunday Games ! What to do what to do!?

It's been a wild first 5 weeks in this Pro Pickem with many surprises or upsets.Will that continue today?

Is there anything predictable anymore in the NFL? See any so deemed LOCKS? The last time I touted a LOCK and that was Pittsburgh the Jacksonville Jaguars trashed my prediction.I'm not going there anytime soon !

Ohh yes I am.This is my LOCK Pick of the Week Six Schedule:

Atlanta over The 'Smokin' Jay, not led' Miami Dolphins. Lock it in but PLEASE don't bet the Home. You don't want another or bigger Mortgage. Certainly not the way Washington is. HOLY CRAP ! It's a good thing I cannot comment on that here or you would really get pissed with this Canuck ............hahahaha. Frick it !! :glug:

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 11:08 PM
OK Here we go and Week 6 and the Early Sunday Games ! What to do what to do!?

It's been a wild first 5 weeks in this Pro Pickem with many surprises or upsets.Will that continue today?

Is there anything predictable anymore in the NFL? See any so deemed LOCKS? The last time I touted a LOCK and that was Pittsburgh the Jacksonville Jaguars trashed my prediction.I'm not going there anytime soon !

Ohh yes I am.This is my LOCK Pick of the Week Six Schedule:

Atlanta over The 'Smokin' Jay, not led' Miami Dolphins. Lock it in but PLEASE don't bet the Home. You don't want another or bigger Mortgage. Certainly not the way Washington is. HOLY CRAP ! It's a good thing I cannot comment on that here or you would really get pissed with this Canuck ............hahahaha. Frick it !! :glug:

Holy Catfish ! The Road Dog of DOGS wins !! The Miami Dolphins (+ 11.5 ) Defeat the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta..

Was I ever wrong and the lowest scoring 'O' in the NFL got BIG and got it done.

On Any Given Sunday.

Actually I've personally never had as ugly a day in 11 years doing the NFL Pro Pickem. In the crazy NFL that word doesn't really cut it and all we saw happen in games today. :huh:

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 12:23 PM
What an ugly Week Six and forget the NFL Pro Pickem'; it was just plain ugly for us Packer fans.

We lost the BEST player in the NFL; we lost OUR MAN Aaron Rodgers. Does that mean the end of all hope and a Super Bowl birth this season; we'll see.

I want to post the standings thus far through Six Weeks of our Pro Pickem (See Below).

There's a long way to go and this has been IMO the craziest year I've senin 11 Seasons of Packerrats and this exciting competition. I encourage Y'all to play it out this Season as it's really a learning experience. If you quit you lose in terms of experience and some total interest in the entire NFL. So PLEASE Hang in there !

Standings

Rank ... Pick Set Name.............. Total Pts..............W-L Record

1. ... Harvey Wallbangers ............470......................53-38

2...........esoxx ..........................459..................... ..54-37

3........Bert Bosch.......................452................... .....54-37

4......VegasPackFan....................447........ ........ .......51-40

5......Mission To Mars..................445................ .......50-41

6.........TPB................................444.. ......................50-41

7.......superfan...........................433.... ................... 54-37

8.......wpony...............................428... ................... 48-43

9......ThunderDan........................421...... ................ 50-41

10.....lewcwa..............................416.... ....................47-44

11.....MadScientist......................399...... ..................48-43

12....Naked Bootleggers..............393...................... .. 45-46 (Where did you go !? Don't QUIT ! ...:whaa:)

13..Teddy Warbucks (pbmax)......383........................46-45

14...........KYP...........................352.... .....................47-44

Hang in there Packerrats ! We still have hope and the NFL and Football and OUR Pro Pickem.

The next three Weeks of the Schedule are huge. In this Week Seven The Packers are Home to The NO Saints and then our Bye Week and Week Nine we play a Division Rival the Detroit Lions @ Lambeau Field on MNF. We have HOPE !

Have a great week Packerrats, Woody (Bert Bosch). :glug:

pbmax
10-30-2017, 02:12 PM
Algebra really does help:

Week 8
Points, Competitor, point value tonight

84, VegasPackFan, 2 or 1
80, texaspackerfan, 7
80, Mad Scientist, 4
79, superfan, 7
79, esoxx, 8
79, Bert, 7
78, pbmax, 10
76, TuhnderDan, 9

If KC wins, it'll be my first win. 'Bout time.

Had 2 wrong, but the right 2 wrong. Only lost 3 points.

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Algebra really does help:

Week 8
Points, Competitor, point value tonight

84, VegasPackFan, 2 or 1
80, texaspackerfan, 7
80, Mad Scientist, 4
79, superfan, 7
79, esoxx, 8
79, Bert, 7
78, pbmax, 10
76, TuhnderDan, 9

If KC wins, it'll be my first win. 'Bout time.

Had 2 wrong, but the right 2 wrong. Only lost 3 points.

KC won so CONGRATULATIONS are in order pbmax.

That is the correct Spirit. Keep on trucking.

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 12:29 PM
This is disheartening for me as I can attest to this fact. Growth often has a lot more to do with continuing to improve your position and not a lot to do with just needing to win.

Finishing higher in the standings as the NFL Season progresses is a goal to focus on and be proud of. Trying to get the most CPès in any given week is an accomplishment to be proud of. Finishing what you started is a goal to be proud of. To have to stop participating due to unfortunate circumstances is all together an other thing. I never want to see anyone suffer poor health or some other bad thing in their life.

I've been a Packerrat almost from the beginning and I sincerely care about the membership here.

After only 8 weeks it appears as if we are down to 10 participants from the original 14 for this season.

On a positive note:

Eight of these remaining participants missed on at most two Picks in Week 8.

Here are the TOP TEN Standings after 8 Weeks:

Standings

Rank...................Pick Set Name.....Total Pts......W-L

1.............................esoxx............647 ..........75-44

2........................Bert Bosch..........642.........77-42

3..................Mission To Mars........630..........72-47

4..................VegasPackFan..........613...... ....72-47

5........................TPB...................612 ............73-46

6..................ThunderDan.............604..... .....73-46

7..................superfan..................602.. ........74-45

8.....................wpony..................599.. ..........67-52

9.................MadScientist.............576.... .......69-50

10...Teddy Warbucks (pbmax).....562............66-53

The Green Bay Packers are off their Bye Week and have a huge game @ Home Vs The Detroit Lions. The Lions put up around 500 Yards of Offense last week Vs Pittsburgh and lost. The Packers need to win this matchup to keep itt even close with the Minnesota Vikings. It will be interesting.

Good Luck with your Pro Pickem in Week 9.

Regards, Woody (Bert Bosch)

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Week Nine (9) is going to be a real challenge and making correct picks with Vegas Odds set today or Wed. 1 Nov. 2017 at:

(+ or - 3.5 or less) for eight of the thirteen games scheduled.

Good Luck all.

Woody ... (Bert Bosch)

pbmax
11-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Week 9 Summary and guesses.

wpony, 68, 2 points (guess: Packers)
pbmax, 60, 1 pt (Packers)
madscientist, 57, 1 (Packers)
VegasPackFan, 56, 12 pts (Lions)
esoxx, 55, 8pts (Lions)
woodbuck, 53, 5 pts (Lions*)
ThunderDan, 48, 4 pts (Packers)
Mission to Mars, 47, 5 pts, (Lions)
superfan, 39, 6pts (Lions)
tex, 28, 11 pts (Packers**)
lewcwa, 22, 12 pts (Lions)

I think the cutoff for homers is about 4.5 confidence points in a game at home versus what might be a talent even squad with an edge at QB for about the second time in 2 1/2 decades.

So I bet wpony, myself (how well can I conceal a lie to myself?), and Madscientist went homer with a Packers win pick.

tex put 11 on his pick and that screams Packers because this is tex. He put 10 on his second favorite team to beat KC making him one of two to get that right.

lewcwa has been struggling. I bet he put 12 on Lions to get a leg up on the homers. But he could just have said ***k it, if I am not going to win let's root for the right squad.

VegasPackFan has been doing well but has put 12 on a game with spread of Lions -2.5. I think its the Lions here, but kudos to him if he went homer.

superfan and woodbuck have me flummoxed as they are close to the cutoff and I might expect either to go homer. But the values are high enough I think they are going to the favorites.

pbmax
11-06-2017, 10:42 PM
got myself, madscientist and tex right. Missed on lewcwa who was trying to root and win with the home team.

Also missed on wpony and Thunder Dan who correctly took Lions with low confidence.

wpony, 68, 2 points (guess: Packers)
pbmax, 60, 1 pt (Packers)
madscientist, 57, 1 (Packers)
VegasPackFan, 56, 12 pts (Lions)
esoxx, 55, 8pts (Lions)
woodbuck, 53, 5 pts (Lions*)
ThunderDan, 48, 4 pts (Packers)
Mission to Mars, 47, 5 pts, (Lions)
superfan, 39, 6pts (Lions)
tex, 28, 11 pts (Packers**)
lewcwa, 22, 12 pts (Lions)

woodbuck27
11-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Standings After Week 9:

Rank.....Pick Set Name.......Total Pts............W-L

1.............esoxx.................710........... ..... 83-49

2..........Bert Bosch.............700................ 86-46

3.......Mission To Mars.........682............... 79-53

4........VegasPackFan..........681................ .79-53

5..........wpony..................669............. ....77-55

6........ThunderDan............656................ .81-51

7..........superfan..............647.............. ...81-51

8...........TPB....................640............ .....76-56

9......MadScientist............633................ ..76-56

10Teddy Warbucks (pbmax).622...............74-58

11.......lewcwa................537................ ...61-71

12...Harvey Wallbangers...470..................53-79

13...........KYP.................453.............. ....58-74

14.....Naked Bootleggers.393...................45-87

Note the Leader in Week 9 was wpony again and for the second time in the last three weeks.

Good Luck in Week 10 Packerrats.

woody ..... (Bert Bosch) :-)

woodbuck27
11-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Standings To Early Sunday Games in NFL Schedule Week 11 .......Date 11 Nov, 2017

Rank Pick Set Name..................Total Pts..........W-L

1..................esoxx.......................808 ..........94-53

2...............Bert Bosch...................802...........97-50

3...........Mission To Mars................779...........89-58

4................wpony.......................778.. .........90-57

5...........VegasPackFan.................772...... ......91-56

6.............ThunderDan..................757..... .......92-55

7...........superfan.........................754.. ..........94-53

8.........MadScientist.....................741.... .........89-58

9....Teddy Warbucks (pbmax)........727.............86-61

10..........TPB...............................711. ...........84-63

11.........lewcwa...........................537... .........61-86

12....Harvey Wallbangers..............470............53-94

13.........KYP...............................453.. ..........58-89

14....Naked Bootleggers...............393............45-102

Good Luck Everyone and again .....

My compliments go out to member wpony...Your doing very well Packer Fan.

woodbuck27...... (Bert Bosch)

woodbuck27
12-07-2017, 01:51 PM
STANDINGS - TOP TEN After WEEK 13.

Rank......Pick Set Name..............Total Pts..........W-L

1.............Bert Bosch....................1098.........130-62

2.................esoxx........................109 6........126-66

3.............Mission To Mars..............1064.........119-73

4...................wpony......................106 2........120-72

5...............ThunderDan..................1051.. .......125-67

6...............VegasPackFan...............1050... .....120-72

7.................MadScientist...............1035. .......119-73

8....................superfan..................102 4.......124-68

9....Teddy Warbucks (pbmax)..........1007.........119-73

10.............lewcwa...........................80 3........88-104

Good Luck This Week.

Woody ..... Bert Bosch

woodbuck27
12-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Week 14 Is "A Move it ' Week' ! Tight Analysis !

It seems to me that Week 14 is certainly a tougher Week to analyze 'Game Results', than we've seen the last 4-5 Weeks.

It's time to close it up Lads. If your in 8th spot; your aim is on 7th. One step up at a time. Every week the goal should be... some gain. It's all about competing and positioning.

I've seen Pro Pickers here blow it from the TOP. This competition is tough.

I've got my eye on ThunderDan and wpony who are both doing well of late; and in a tough fight for a Yahoo Trophy Award.

Good Luck Everyone.

woody (Bert Bosch)

woodbuck27
12-23-2017, 04:05 PM
We only have seven (7) Packerrats remaining in this Season's Pro Pickem' Here are the Standings with two remaining weeks, until we recognize the New Champion for this 2017-18 Season.

Standings:

Rank........Pick Set Name......Total Pts..........W-L

1....................esoxx...............1308..... ....150-74

2..............Bert Bosch.............1306...........154-70

3.........Mission To Mars.........1260............142-82

4............ThunderDan............1249........... 147-77

5........VegasPackFan............1244............. 142-82

6..........MadScientist..............1224......... ..140-84

7.............wpony.....................1204...... ...134-90

There's a solid battle for Third Place.

This Week should make the NFC Playoff Picture Clear.

Good Luck all in Week 16.

Woodbuck27 (Bert Bosch) ... (-:

woodbuck27
12-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Standings After Week 16.

Rank...Pick Set Name..........Total Pts..............W-L

1................esoxx..................1431...... .......163-77

2...........Bert Bosch................1429.............167-73

3.......Mission To Mars............1384..............156-84

4.........ThunderDan...............1374........... ...161-79

5.......VegasPackFan..............1361............ ..156-84

6........MadScientist................1334......... ....152-88

7............wpony....................1325........ ......147-93

A) want to CONGRATULATE all of you seven Packerrats for having the GRIT to start this Seasons Pro Pickem' and to stay with it throughout the FULL Season's Schedule.

B) Personally I found this Season challenging. The NFL, at least seemed to have reached a greater degree of parity, as we progressed through the Schedule.

C) I want to congratulate member esoxx for 'as usual' being an extremely accomplished opponent in our Pro Pickem Competitions. Our Champion mmmdk (Mission To Mars) has done very well again this Season. ThunderDan you had another good Season as well.

D)All of you have played well and next Season is your Season to take down a Championship in a very tough Group.

E) wpony !!... Your a simple step away.

I suggest you get your picks in before Saturday and adjust as you see fit.... " This is vital." ... Make sure your Picks and CP assignments are showing up on..... ' the Group Picks Window'. Always check for that after any adjustment of Picks and or Adjustments to CP's.

If you do that ' wpony ' your going be our Champion soon.

F) I'll remind you that you need to remain with this Pro Pickem as the Playoffs are run. It's only after that is completed that any Yahoo recognition is awarded. As always Our 2017 NFL Season Packerrats Pro Pickem Champion will be determined at the completion of all Week 17 games.

Good Luck esoxx. (-; ... It's as usual been great.

Most of all Guy's THANKS for being a part of our Packerats Pro Pickem. This is an excellent competition every single Season since it began in 2006. A Packerrat tradition..

Good Luck this week.

:pack: Woody .......Bert Bosch :pack:

esoxx
12-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Good luck to you too Woody.
You're like a pit bull that won't let go of the bone, can't shake you.:glug:

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 07:14 PM
CONGRATULATIONS esoxx on a very well played Pro Pickem' 2017 Season.

You're our Packerrats Champion for this Season.

The Final Standings for the Regular Season will be posted after they become available.

Please Note:

This Season continues with the Playoff Pro Pickem Pics for Yahoo recognition and their 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Trophies.

Woody (Bert Bosch)

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 07:22 PM
Good luck to you too Woody.
You're like a pit bull that won't let go of the bone, can't shake you.:glug:

Hahaha ...... I've always enjoyed the excitement of competition :-)

esoxx...YOUR OUR Packerrats 2017 Regular Season Champion.

That was an amazing Pro Pickem competition esoxx.

The Championship was up for grabs and coming in second to you is no disgrace. I consider you a formidable opponent.

:glug:

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 10:47 AM
2017 Regular Season Final Standings

Rank....Pick Set Name.................Total Pts.........W-L

1...............esoxx........................1522. .........174-82

2............Bert Bosch.....................1516..........177-79

3........Mission To Mars.................1471...........167-89

4..........ThunderDan.....................1462.... ......171-85

5................wpony.......................1406. .........156-100

6...........MadScientist....................1404.. ........159-97

7.........VegasPackFan...................1361..... .....156-100

8..............superfan.......................1101 ........133-123

9. Teddy Warbucks (pbmax)............1082.........127-129

10.............lewcwa..........................803 .........88-168

11...............TPB.............................. 711.........84-172

12......Harvey Wallbangers...............470..........53-203

13...............KYP...........................453 ..........58-198

14.....Naked Bootleggers..................393...........45-211

Again I want to congratulate OUR 2017 Champion esoxx for having an awesome Regular Season Pro Pickem Result......Notable is th fact that our 2016 Regular Season Champ, Packerrat mmmdk (Mission To Mars) had another strong finish in 3rd Place; as did ThunderDan and wpony finishing in the Top Five.

It's not over until itès over. Please continue With this Pro Pickem until the Playoffs are completed; when the Yahoo Awards are made.

I'm sitting here watching NFL.com as I do most mornings and learning which NFL Teams are making Head Coaching changes. Jim Caldwell gone in Detroit bothers me given all we should be aware of and Packer Fans. Nothing coming out of Green Bay as usual it's....slow.

I want to wish Y'all a ' Happy New Year 2018 ' and invite you back to compete in the 2018 Season Pro Pickem..

YOU could be Champion next Season. (-;

Again and as always THANKS for being a part of this Packerrat Annual Tradition that began in 2006.

Best Regards, Woody ...... ( Bert Bosch )

esoxx
01-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Hahaha ...... I've always enjoyed the excitement of competition :-)

esoxx...YOUR OUR Packerrats 2017 Regular Season Champion.

That was an amazing Pro Pickem competition esoxx.

The Championship was up for grabs and coming in second to you is no disgrace. I consider you a formidable opponent.

Thanks Woody. This was a nip and tuck affair down to the wire.

You again show that you have a solid grasp on all things NFL. It's an honor to compete against you my good man.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Thanks Woody. This was a nip and tuck affair down to the wire.

You again show that you have a solid grasp on all things NFL. It's an honor to compete against you my good man.

esoxx after I lost my Washington at NY Giants Pick and went into the late Sunday games virtually down '7' CP's.

I knew I had 'only one real option', in any likelihood to overcome your lead. That option was to flip the dbl digit CP matchups (based in solid analysis) or say 3 out of 4 of them, with single digit CP matchups.

I'd analyzed all your possible moves for the late Week 17 games; that gave you another edge or a 67 CP to my 65 CP remaining total. Again... it was obvious to win the Championship I had to flip my CP picks.

I had about 20 - 30 minutes to get that done. I sat here thinking what should I do!? hahaha :idea:

It came down to respect. Respect for how you and I often seem to compete with one another; and that for over a decade now. It came down to a certain feeling. To finish runner-up in a close battle with you is all I really needed and this Season's Pro Pickem. There was something else going on in my mind.

Going into Week 17:

My W-L Record placed me above the Top 98% Percentile and all The NFL Pro Pickem competitors ( Pro and Amatuer combined ). I couldn't be more pleased with that and a successful Season. esoxx Your right there as well.

Also:

ThunderDan did very well also finishing in Top 90% Percentile.

Every year we have Packerrats that frankly and 'in TRUTH' exceed all recognized NFL Experts and the Pro Pickem. We have Packerats that really know what's going on and the NFL.

As a Long tenured Packerrat I'm very proud of that TRUTH

woody (Bert Bosch)

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Standings After Wild Card Weekend Week 18

Rank.......Pick Set Name.........Total Pts.............W-L

1...............Bert Bosch..............1544.............179-81

2.................esoxx...................1542.... .........176-84

3.........Mission To Mars.............1495.............170-90

4...........ThunderDan.................1482....... ......173-87

5...........MadScientist................1428...... .......161-99

6................wpony.....................1426... .........158-102

Good Luck Next Week (Week 19).

There are some great Matchups for us to consider.

woody ...Bert Bosch

woodbuck27
01-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Standings to 'the NFL Conference Finals'

Rank.......PickSet Name......Total Pts...............W-L

1.................esoxx................1570....... ......179-85

2.............Bert Bosch..............1560.............180-84

3.........Mission To Mars..........1519.............172-92

4..........ThunderDan.............1498............ .174-90

5..............wpony.................1446......... ....160-104

6..........MadScientist.............1444.......... ...162-102

Two Weeks to go to Super Bowl Sunday !

Which NFL Teams will be in !?

The Heavy Favourites are (-9) New England in the Early Game Sun.21 Jan. 2018 and the late game Fav. is (-3.5) Minnesota. Both are approx 4-1 Favourites.

We'll know by Sunday Evening.

Good Luck with your Picks. The First and Third Place Finish are still up for grabs.

woody ...(Bert Bosch)

woodbuck27
02-04-2018, 05:16 PM
Standings to the Super Bowl Game:

Standings

Rank.....Pick Set Name............Total Pts ..............W-L

1.................esoxx.....................1586.. ...........180-86

2............Bert Bosch...................1576...............181-85

3........Mission To Mars...............1543................174-92

4..........ThunderDan...................1522...... .......176-90

5..............wpony......................1470.... ..........162-104

6.........MadScientist...................1452..... .........163-103

Enjoy the Super Bowl Game Everyone !

woodbuck27 ........Bert Bosch

woodbuck27
02-04-2018, 05:48 PM
My Compliments to esoxx by betting on New England with his 16 CP's and me betting as I needed to or on Philly with my 16 CPs.

esoxx might have anticipated my bet on Philly and thus blocked me.

Instead he showed his Sportsmanship and allowed it to go down to the Super Bowl Games Result and the Championship for him or myself and the other getting Second Place for this Season's Packerrats Pro Pickem' and Yahoo Recognition.

I just checked and Pro Pickem' People made it look like an approx. 4-1 bet that the Patriots win this Super Bowl.

I'll be very surprised if Philly wins ! :-)

My hat's off to you Esoxx and in TRUTH; I would have done the same thing as you did.

A.) Bet on the heavy favourite and Bill Belichick and Tom Brady and Company. THe Patriot PRoster is mentally set to not think anything but WIN !

B.) Go with the BEST QB an when that BEST QB is arguably now the VERY BEST EVER you must pick the New England Patriots.

esoxx
02-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Hey Woody, it's all good. :glug:

I just couldn't envision Nick Foles leading his team to a SB win over Tom Brady and his squad. However, Foles looking great early on though so who knows how this one turns out.

Shaping up to be a great game already - enjoy the contest!!

woodbuck27
02-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Hey Woody, it's all good. :glug:

I just couldn't envision Nick Foles leading his team to a SB win over Tom Brady and his squad. However, Foles looking great early on though so who knows how this one turns out.

Shaping up to be a great game already - enjoy the contest!!

Just WOW! What a wild game. Very honestly I'm a Football fan and I wanted so much to see Tom Brady complete that Hail Mary. A great Football play TRUMPS any imaginary Trophy.

All in all; it was another solid Pro Pickem this season esoxx.

Your fun to compete with.

esoxx
02-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Just WOW! What a wild game. Very honestly I'm a Football fan and I wanted so much to see Tom Brady complete that Hail Mary. A great Football play TRUMPS any imaginary Trophy.

All in all; it was another solid Pro Pickem this season esoxx.

Your fun to compete with.

Woody, congrats on taking the overall points title and Yahoo recognition!

Was a very fun season and I tip my cap to you :bow:

woodbuck27
02-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Woody, congrats on taking the overall points title and Yahoo recognition!

Was a very fun season and I tip my cap to you :bow:

Thank You Sir...always a pleasure. :glug:

woodbuck27
02-05-2018, 05:58 AM
Final Standings For The 2017 Season Pro Pickem'

Rank.....Pick Set Name....................Total Pts........W-L

1............Bert Bosch..........................1592..........182-85

2...............esoxx............................. .1586.........180-87

3.........Mission To Mars......................1559..........175-92

4.........ThunderDan...........................153 8.........177-90

5...............wpony............................. 1470.........162-105

6..........MadScientist.........................14 68.........164-103

7.........VegasPackFan........................1361 .........156-111

8..............superfan........................... 1101........133-134

9.....Teddy Warbucks (pbmax)............1082.........127-140

10...........lewcwa..............................8 03...........88-179

11..............TPB............................... .711...........84-183

12....Harvey Wallbangers...................470............53-214

13..............KYP............................... 453.............58-209

14....Naked Bootleggers....................393.............45-222

Another Packerrats Pro Pickem has concluded and most importantly I want to thank all of you who participated in this 2017 Season's Pro Pickem.

I'd like to see the membership in OUR Pro Pickem grow closer to 20 Participants next Season. Please help me to see that happen. I'll Thank Y'all in advance.

It was an other interesting Season in the NFL. I believe we saw more parity established. It's not easy to pick the winner of many matchups.

On a Personal Note:

I saw growth in Member wpony's game. Your getting stronger Bud ! If you can possibly get all your Picks recorded every single week your going to finish Top Three or better win a Championship. Good Luck and that next 2018 Season.

I want to congratulate Members esoxx and Mission To Mars (mmmdk) for strong finishes again this Season.

I want to congratulate Members ThunderDan and MadScientist for competing every week of this Season. To compete and finish is as important as competing to win. If it had gone as I wanted it to last night; I would not be overall CP's Leader this Season.

Last Night and the Super Bowl Game. What a game and without any reference to no excitement; unless that might have something to do with anything not really football related. When a game comes down to the final whistle, it's a solid game, exciting !

I love football and I really wanted to see Tom Brady hang 6 Pts on the Scoreboard with his Hail Mary Pass. To see the New England Patriots, then get that 2 Point Conversion and send that Super Bowl Game to OT.

It isn't often these days that we get to witness GREATNESS, and we missed out on that last night.

It's all finished now for this Season. We're hoping to see an outstanding Off Season for our beloved Green Bay Packers. To see Aaron Rodgers get the help he needs to get OUR Green Bay Packers back in the BIG Game. To win another Lombardi Trophy.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27 ............ Bert Bosch