PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 1 Other Games Thread

Joemailman
09-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Pretty good start to the season with Kansas City at New England. Both teams lost a key player on offense to injury in the preseason. Julian Edelman for the Patriots and Spencer Ware for the Chiefs.

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I just quickly scanned the results of Thursday Night Games and Kansas City is 4W - 2L.

New England 4W - 0L and 1 Tie Vs the NY Jets.

This should be a good game.

I looked at this very quickly and might have errored !?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network_Thursday_Night_Football_results_(2006% E2%80%93present)

mraynrand
09-07-2017, 05:51 PM
I just quickly scanned the results of Thursday Night Games and Kansas City is 4W - 2L.

New England 4W - 0L and 1 Tie Vs the NY Jets.

This should be a good game.

The only thing that matters is what does Vegas say?

Joemailman
09-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Chiefs secondary looked overmatched on 1st drive. Brady 3-5 and that included overthrow to wide open TE.

woodbuck27
09-07-2017, 07:54 PM
This could be a very rough night for The Chiefs.

Right there the Chiefs Rookie RB just fumbled the ball and The Pat's have the ball back and already up 7-0 early.

The Chiefs managed to hold the Pats on 4th and short at about their 10 yard line.

The Pats RB was sent into 'a WALL!' I didn't like that play call.:whaa:

mraynrand
09-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Crotch shot: "taunting"

pbmax
09-07-2017, 10:13 PM
ZOMBO!

pbmax
09-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Odds New England is running into the kicker on purpose since it was 4th and 12?

Freak Out
09-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Hunt is killing the Pats.

Joemailman
09-07-2017, 11:06 PM
535!!!

call_me_ishmael
09-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Pat McKenzie really put together one heck of a team. Would love him to be the next GM in GB.

call_me_ishmael
09-08-2017, 12:03 AM
This is so funny. "Green Bay!"

https://twitter.com/matt_samp/status/905989699298140160

yetisnowman
09-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Kareem Hunt 281 all purpose yards. 3 total tds. Not a bad first career start. Too bad the Pack can't hit a home run on a 3rd round pick like that.

Vincenzo
09-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Pretty good start to the season with Kansas City at New England. Both teams lost a key player on offense to injury in the preseason. Julian Edelman for the Patriots and Spencer Ware for the Chiefs.
You're going to jinx us with even mentioning injuries on other teams, especially saying it's a good start to the season.
Most NFL fans are excited to see the Patriots lose badly at home.
Go Pack Go

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2017, 06:24 AM
I don't think it was so much about K.C. being good as about N.E. being overrated.

Brandon494
09-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Not so easy when you don't have a defense huh brady?

Brandon494
09-08-2017, 07:00 AM
With that being said the Pats have won the SB last three seasons when they started 0-1:-|

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2017, 09:10 AM
KC has some speed out there between Hunt and Hill. Just a different gear than anyone else out there last night.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 09:16 AM
When the final score showed a 42-27 score, it represented the most points ever allowed by the Patriots under Belichick. Smith joined Drew Brees as the only quarterbacks to ever record a 300-plus-yard, 4-TD, 0-INT game against a Belichick-coached defense. Hunt finished with 148 rushing yards, 98 receiving yards and three total touchdowns in his first career NFL game. It was the most yards from scrimmage by a rookie making his debut in NFL history.

wow

mmmdk
09-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Speed kills and speed certainly killed the Patriots last night.

bobblehead
09-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Andy Reid is devastating coming off the bye week, this time he had the off season to game plan!

bobblehead
09-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Kareem Hunt 281 all purpose yards. 3 total tds. Not a bad first career start. Too bad the Pack can't hit a home run on a 3rd round pick like that.

And they also drafted Justin Houston in the 3rd who has lead the NFL in sacks once. I'm not ready to crown Hunt yet, but it was a nice start.

woodbuck27
09-08-2017, 10:21 AM
I was very impressed in what The KC Chiefs showed us last night. That team has a serious 'D' and some very quick footed men on 'O'.

On the other side the NE Patriots looked bloody terrible... just very ordinary. I can't wait to see how Belichick adjusts.

Rutnstrut
09-08-2017, 01:18 PM
I was very impressed in what The KC Chiefs showed us last night. That team has a serious 'D' and some very quick footed men on 'O'.

On the other side the NE Patriots looked bloody terrible... just very ordinary. I can't wait to see how Belichick adjusts.

Patriots have a slew of injuries, if anyone can overcome that it's hoody.

Zool
09-08-2017, 01:19 PM

It's because he always drafts soft players.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Sounds more like Stubby to me. Especially 2010.

Give me your best example or two of Cheat overcoming injury.

ThunderDan
09-08-2017, 01:44 PM

How about the year Brady was out?

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2017, 01:47 PM
How about the year Brady was out?

They didn't make the playoffs that year.

ThunderDan
09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
It's because he always drafts soft players.

Yup, Edelman soft, he didn't even get hit and is out for the year. Amendola soft. Slater soft. Hightower soft.

Hoody drafts his own soft players so he is double to blame.

ThunderDan
09-08-2017, 01:49 PM

They still went 11-5.

mraynrand
09-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I was thinking the time they converted the WR to defensive back. He played both ways I believe.

hoosier
09-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Neion Deion Branch? Plus they traded him to Seattle for a D1 and then got him back from the Squawks for a D4. That was one versatile guy!

Joemailman
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Chiefs' Eric Berry out rest of season with ruptured achilles tendon.

Vincenzo
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
wow
Wow x 2

hoosier
09-08-2017, 09:15 PM

That must be a Chiefs special. Didn't Derrick Johnson have that two years in a row?

Bretsky
09-09-2017, 06:40 AM

Didn't they win a SB without Gronk ?

Bretsky
09-09-2017, 06:41 AM

Most thought they would shut down and hardly win; didn't they go 10-6 without him ?

pbmax
09-09-2017, 08:22 AM
I was thinking the time they converted the WR to defensive back. He played both ways I believe.

Troy Brown.

#50K

mraynrand
09-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Troy Brown.

#50K

I think he was #80

and there it is. Was this post any more exciting than the previous 49,999? I doubt it. But 'congrats' Mr. Packerrat. :)

woodbuck27
09-09-2017, 02:41 PM

WOW ! It looked bad but that is a serious loss for the Chiefs.

woodbuck27
09-09-2017, 02:42 PM

Yes and how he will do it is going to be just another education on how to manage your NFL Team.

QBME
09-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Yes and how he will do it is going to be just another education on how to manage your NFL Team.

Gotta go with you prima facia. Belichek plays 3D chess while others play checkers. But at some point, he's going to run out of pieces, or run into some Spock out there.

channtheman
09-10-2017, 12:33 AM
I was perusing ESPN and Scott Tolzien is starting in place of an injured Andrew Luck for Indianapolis. I just have to say that I'm very impressed with the Badger QB's that have managed to have any semblance of a career in the NFL. Who would have thought Shot-putting Scott Tolzien would start for multiple teams?

hoosier
09-10-2017, 07:35 AM
I was perusing ESPN and Scott Tolzien is starting in place of an injured Andrew Luck for Indianapolis. I just have to say that I'm very impressed with the Badger QB's that have managed to have any semblance of a career in the NFL. Who would have thought Shot-putting Scott Tolzien would start for multiple teams?

True but also a sign of (a) dearth of quality backups and (b) the miserable situation in which the Colts find themselves thanks to their meddling, drug-addled owner.

Bretsky
09-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Losing Edelman really hurts NE; most of the pundits thought Hoody Genius would just move on and not miss a beat
They don't have that shifty player with the ability to play inside and always get open in space when the rush comes or on key third or fourth down and short anymore.
And Hightower is the one guy on that defense they can't replace.

Kudos to Andy Reid; great job game planning. We dropped the ball the year we hired Ray Rhodes instead of Andy Reid. He outcoached Hoody Genius.

Hoody had a great quote post game. I have to find it. 8 words summed it all up...........it was something like

Bad Defense, Bad Play, Bad Coaching, Bad Game...too funny

pbmax
09-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Losing Edelman really hurts NE; most of the pundits thought Hoody Genius would just move on and not miss a beat
They don't have that shifty player with the ability to play inside and always get open in space when the rush comes or on key third or fourth down and short anymore.

Kudos to Andy Reid; great job game planning. We dropped the ball the year we hired Ray Rhodes instead of Andy Reid. He outcoached Hoody Genius.

Hoody had a great quote post game. I have to find it. 8 words summed it all up...........it was something like

Reid with pretty masterful game plan especially after halftime. I got blasted on Twitter after making fun of his college offense and being behind by 10 early.

Honestly, I completely agree with opening up the playbook, using motion and option, but it wasn't working early. Whether by adjustment or the lack of Hightower, it really got going later. Plus, Alex Smith looked like a different QB when all that motion allowed him to throw deep.

But he had all offseason to get ready for this one. Let's see if he keeps it up.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 08:53 AM

I agree with you and the value that WR Julian Edelman has in the Pats 'O'. He is simply crazy good. He can put up excellent 'All Purpose' Yards. He is a serious concern for any NFL Defense.

Another yes and the loss of Hightower. He's a "Key Player" in their Defensive Alignment.

I enjoy BB's grouchy quotes. :x

red
09-10-2017, 12:14 PM
carson wentz just pulled an old timey favre type of play

avoided about 5 sacks and threw a TD

pbmax
09-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Watching Browns/Steelers and its like really old times.

Browns get ball first, here is the series:

1. Kizer to throw, feels pressure, runs outside, Steelers in zone see it and stop him for 1 yard.
2. False start Browns
3. Run to Crowell, loses 5 yards AND goes OOB because a cutback failed spectacularly
4. Draw play for 4
5. PUNT BLOCKED FOR TD. One guy was through clean, 2 others defeated blocks almost immediately. About 6 Steelers were in end zone with 1 Brown to recover TD.

That said, Kizer has enough arm to make things interesting. Kinda Tebow now, needs the WR to run himself open, he is not throwing to spots yet, but I would be guardedly optimistic there.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Wentz throws a pick to Ryan Kerrigan, DE.

Bears score on wildcat play with Glennon at WR.

Everything is normal.

Rastak
09-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Watching Browns/Steelers and its like really old times.

Browns get ball first, here is the series:

1. Kizer to throw, feels pressure, runs outside, Steelers in zone see it and stop him for 1 yard.
2. False start Browns
3. Run to Crowell, loses 5 yards AND goes OOB because a cutback failed spectacularly
4. Draw play for 4
5. PUNT BLOCKED FOR TD. One guy was through clean, 2 others defeated blocks almost immediately. About 6 Steelers were in end zone with 1 Brown to recover TD.

That said, Kizer has enough arm to make things interesting. Kinda Tebow now, needs the WR to run himself open, he is not throwing to spots yet, but I would be guardedly optimistic there.

I think ultimately Kizer should be a decent NFL quarterback.

Rastak
09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Prater kicks a 58 yd FG to bring the Lions to within 1.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Ras! Hello.

NFC North update: Bears had 25 yards of passing in first half.

Falcons update: despite holding Bears to 25 yards passing, remain tied with the Beleaguered Bears at 10 a piece.

Ras: join up woodbuck's Pic'Em league. Be nice way to check in with you this season.

Rastak
09-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Not sure I commit to Pickem but will try and get here during the season.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:09 PM
It still appears as if the Texans have a QB Issue. With 6:30 left in the 3rd QTR. ** It's 19-7 Jags.

Whoops ! Make that score ** now 26 - 7 Jacksonville.

The Bengals are looking like the Bungles today. Late in the 3rd QTR.... 20 to Zippo 'RAVENS'.

The other early games are 'up for grabs'.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Don't tell Bretsky, but Watt looks pretty legit versus Joe Thomas. Watt has very heavy and effective hands. I don't even remember seeing them work like that when he was a Badger. But he routinely gets Thomas' hands off him.

Tackles will adjust but its working so far.

He's also had a pick and a late hit penalty.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Ras! Hello.

NFC North update: Bears had 25 yards of passing in first half.

Falcons update: despite holding Bears to 25 yards passing, remain tied with the Beleaguered Bears at 10 a piece.

Ras: join up woodblock's Pic'Em league. Be nice way to check in with you this season.

Who in the 'F' is .... woodblock? I am clearly and have always been woodbuck27.

Demonstrate some decency and deserved respect. Otherwise ... 'F' you and such 'an ignorant smartass' attitude pbmax. I do not deserve such crap.

Do you want to drive another member out of here !?

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:21 PM

Demonstrate some decency and deserved respect. Otherwise ... 'F' you and such 'an ignorant smartass' attitude pbmax. I do not deserve such crap.

How many have I driven out so far?

Woodblock is what auto correct does to your handle woodbuck when its made possessive.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Day 1 Jaguars Fan‏ @HPJArt 2h2 hours ago

allen robinson gets hurt on 1st play. bortles goes over to give support and smacks him ON THE INJURED KNEE

Rastak
09-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Hello Woody, hope all is well. You should save your anger for the enemy you guys face today, don't think PB meant anything. Sheesh.....

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:28 PM
How many have I driven out so far?

Woodblock is what auto correct does to your handle woodbuck when its made possessive.

Bullshit !

woodbuck comes out as woodbuck ....and ..... woodbuck27 comes out as woodbuck27.

You may be a 'Smart Guy' but do not ever take me as any nimrod idiot. I have been here a long time and made enough of a significant contribution to ask for some decency and respect from even 'YOU' pbmax.

If you disagree I will never post here again.

It is your call pbmax.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Hello Woody, hope all is well. You should save your anger for the enemy you guys face today, don't think PB meant anything. Sheesh.....

It isn't anger it is about R.E.S.P.E.C.T. and my contributions and tenure here at Packerrats.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Bullshit !

woodbuck comes out as woodbuck ....and ..... woodbuck27 comes out as woodbuck27.

You may be a 'Smart Guy' but do not ever take me as any nimrod idiot. I have been here a long time and made enough of a significant contribution to ask for some decency and respect from even 'YOU' pbmax.

It is your call pbmax.

Would a video of the effect convince you?

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Would a video of the effect convince you?

Video!?

If I ever at any time...submitted a Post and determined an error in that submission and certainly in specific regard to any members name or handle:

I would absolutely do all I could to serve at least enough respect to that Member... to edit that post...get the members name correct.

I am a Canadian. Do you know many Canadians pbmax? If you do? Can you imagine any of them standing for any order of disrespect? Actually that question is moot, as I certainly never have and never will.

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 02:49 PM

It is your call pbmax.[/B]

PLEASE DISAGREE! :)

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Now to respond to you Rastak:

I am very well. I hope you are as well. Cheers :glug: and good luck to your Vikings this season.

gbgary
09-10-2017, 02:53 PM
i think the bears are going to beat atl...nope.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Then perhaps you should consider your approach to the problem woodbuck.

I was going to edit the submission when I saw you point it out, but then your post got ugly kinda fast.

You love to call out other posters for breaches of etiquette, but let's look at your first post on the matter.

First you swear at me. Then you post your username as if I have not used it one thousand times in the past to refer to you. In fact, you seem to forget that normally we co-exist pretty well compared to some others on the board.

Then you demand decency and respect and if I do not reciprocate, you curse me. Elapsed time allowed from error to demand for retraction and insult: 3 minutes.

Rather than consider that this was possibly an innocent mistake you assume its all about my attitude. You then tell me what you deserve.

Then you claim my rudeness drives others out of here.

When I tell you it was simply an auto correct error, you double down and claim I am calling you dumb in the next post.

So my answer to you woodbuck is this: have a lovely day

Rastak
09-10-2017, 02:55 PM
i think the bears are going to beat atl...

It's down to the last play!

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Failcons? No!

gbgary
09-10-2017, 02:57 PM
It's down to the last play!

two drops in the end zone. lol

i guess they still suck.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Nice try Bears. Mike Glennon is the 38th best NFL QB. There are retired QBs better than he is.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 02:58 PM

It's 20-17 Falcons with 8 seconds remaining in that game.

Now that game is over and Falcons win 23-17.

pbmax
And after I went to all the trouble of making him a video to show there was no malice, only technological error.

https://vimeo.com/233219479

mraynrand
Nice try Bears. Mike Glennon is the 38th best NFL QB. There are retired QBs better than he is.

takes a sack on fourth and goal. Ouch. Thought we could get a cheap loss for ATL. Oh, well.

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 03:00 PM
It's WWI all over again in Cleveland.

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 03:02 PM

I was going to edit the submission when I saw you point it out, but then your post got ugly kinda fast.

You love to call out other posters for breaches of etiquette, but let's look at your first post on the matter.

First you swear at me. Then you post your username as if I have not used it one thousand times in the past to refer to you. In fact, you seem to forget that normally we co-exist pretty well compared to some others on the board.

Then you demand decency and respect and if I do not reciprocate, you curse me. Elapsed time allowed from error to demand for retraction and insult: 3 minutes.

Rather than consider that this was possibly an innocent mistake you assume its all about my attitude. You then tell me what you deserve.

When I tell you it was simply an auto correct error, you double down and claim I am calling you dumb in the next post.

This is a nice response, but it is disagreeable. Woodblock, carry out your promise! :)

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 03:03 PM
^^^ Oops, I meant Woodbuck.

gbgary
09-10-2017, 03:09 PM
lol

gbgary
09-10-2017, 03:11 PM
lions get a pick 6. go up big. that game's over.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 03:13 PM
lions get a pick 6. go up big. that game's over.

Called it but I may regret the Lions starting out well. Vikings will be trouble enough.

But after playoff losses to the Cardinals, I refuse to be sad.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 03:15 PM
It's WWI all over again in Cleveland.

Trench warefare, mustard gas, blackouts, the Red Baron? Lack of a professional team? This guy?

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/2909000/2909404_1343415302423.6res_500_285.jpg

gbgary
09-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Called it but I may regret the Lions starting out well. Vikings will be trouble enough.

But after playoff losses to the Cardinals, I refuse to be sad.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/13ZHjidRzoi7n2/200w.webp#7-grid1

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 03:23 PM

"First you swear at me." pbmax

hahaha...You mean the use of this: 'F' ..that stands for a term I use often and that is my invented word 'Frick'.

Trust me I didn't per say 'swear at you' pbmax. That would be a clear disrespect. :idea:

"Then you claim my rudeness drives others out of here." pbmax

pbmax...Your mistaken in terms of the implication and people leaving Packerrats; and that in any way is attested to how you personally treat that poster pbmax;AND in my observations and posters coming and going from Packerrats.

pbmax: I've always respected you even when I disagreed with your points of view.

I simply meant that we have lost too many posters 'for whatever reason'. NOT that your manners and anyone drove that poster away.

I have made considerable efforts over the years to endeavour to attract more people to Packerrats; by making Packer fans I have met aware of this Forum.

I never want to see a member leave here for any reason; except for that poster being impossible to deal with. Even that after clear WARNINGS.

pbmax
09-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Tolzien has a pick already. Betting is he doesn't make it as starter past the half.

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2017, 03:26 PM
nm

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 03:30 PM
More Bad news for Arizona to add to an opening game loss in Detroit..

RB David Johnson suffered a Wrist injury.

Bretsky
09-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Don't tell Bretsky, but Watt looks pretty legit versus Joe Thomas. Watt has very heavy and effective hands. I don't even remember seeing them work like that when he was a Badger. But he routinely gets Thomas' hands off him.

Tackles will adjust but its working so far.

He's also had a pick and a late hit penalty.

DUDE; WATT IS THE REAL DEAL and don't be surprised if my signature stays for a long long time. He would have been a better pick than King.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 03:45 PM
DUDE; WATT IS THE REAL DEAL and don't be surprised if my signature stays for a long long time. He would have been a better pick than King.

King wasn't the best choice TT had.

mraynrand
09-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Trench warefare, mustard gas, blackouts, the Red Baron? Lack of a professional team? This guy?

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/2909000/2909404_1343415302423.6res_500_285.jpg

The Kizer defeated.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Matthew Stafford earned his large Pay Check today. An impressive Lion's Opening Game win.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 05:09 PM
The L A Rams are rolling !

37-3 Over Indy with 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd Qtr.....Moses !

pbmax
09-10-2017, 06:40 PM
The Kizer defeated.

Should have guessed.

woodbuck27
09-10-2017, 06:43 PM
The L A Rams are rolling !

37-3 Over Indy with 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd Qtr.....Moses !

Final Score Rams 46-9.

Cheesehead Craig
09-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Saints did the timeout thing MM did at the end of first half, and it gave the Vikes a TD.

SMBASS
09-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Saints did the timeout thing MM did at the end of first half, and it gave the Vikes a TD.

+1 But blowhard Gruden rambled on about how he liked the use of the time outs by NO and thought it was a great idea! Lol! Dumbasses...

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Man O Man the Viking 'O' looked amazing on their first TD drive in the 2nd Qtr. Holy Cow the Viking marched down the field fast again and just scored late in the 2nd Qtr.

The score late in the 1st half is Vikings over Saints 16 - 6.

Sam Bradford was outstanding passing 17 out of 20 for 197 Yards and 2 TD's.

Rastak
09-11-2017, 07:40 PM

For sure. Why do coaches do that? Pure confidence/arrogance I guess.

SMBASS
09-11-2017, 07:49 PM
For sure. Why do coaches do that? Pure confidence/arrogance I guess.

MM is still trying to justify doing it yesterday even after it backfired so I vote for arrogance.

Teamcheez1
09-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Man O Man the Viking 'O' looked amazing on their first TD drive in the 2nd Qtr. Holy Cow the Viking marched down the field fast again and just scored late in the 2nd Qtr.

The score late in the 1st half is Vikings over Saints 16 - 6.

Sam Bradford was outstanding passing 17 out of 20 for 197 Yards and 2 TD's.

That should tell you the Saints defense has not gotten any better from last year.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 07:55 PM
That should tell you the Saints defense has not gotten any better from last year.

Their secondary looks really bad.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 08:04 PM
MM is still trying to justify doing it yesterday even after it backfired so I vote for arrogance.

My word for MM and his penchant to make another and then another ...well look at that ... and another .. 'the bad call' is stubborness.

Mike McCarthy is stubborn. Is that why he gets the handle Stubby here?

stubĀ·bornĀ·ness .... noun

Definition: dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something.

"his error was sheer stubbornness in refusing to admit a mistake"

Now be honest with yourselves Packerrats:

Isn't that Mike McCarthy, for sure? NO ! Mike McCarthy is stubborn.

Rastak
09-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Red's 'captain checkdown' is doing ok.....

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Red's 'captain checkdown' is doing ok.....

THe vikings are looking great tonight. ** Sam Bradford has been superb !

Q4 7:49 remaining, Min 26 - NO 12

Make that 29 - 12 Vikings with a...FG K.Forbath 45 yd. Field Goal Drive: 8 plays, 48 yards in 3:49. Time remaining in the 4th Qtr.is 3:54.

** S. Bradford 27/32 for 346 Yards and 3 TD's and 0 Picks. Solid !

Joemailman
09-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Tolzien has a pick already. Betting is he doesn't make it as starter past the half.

You underestimate him! He made it to late in the 3rd quarter. They gave him 1 more series after his 2nd Pick 6.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 09:09 PM
What a debut for Rookie RB Dalvin Cook with a Minnesota Viking Rookie Record Opening Game... 22 Carries for 127 Yards.

Viking QB Sam Bradford (maybe) had his greatest game as a Pro tonight. He was very excellent.

Rutnstrut
09-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Rex Ryan and some "woman" with an annoying fucking man voice calling the second Monday night game. I heard her a bit in preseason and wanted to gouge my eardrums. There is no way I will be watching any of this game with the sound on.

ThunderDan
09-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Is it only the woman in the booth tonight? Didn't they give her a color guy?

pbmax
09-11-2017, 09:25 PM

Partly, though in this case it was arrogance about his defense oddly enough.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 09:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843258/article/david-johnson-suffered-dislocated-wrist-vs-lions

David Johnson suffered dislocated wrist vs. Lions

By Marc Sessler... Around the NFL Writer

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 02:49 p.m. Updated: Sept. 11, 2017 at 04:47 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

This is possibly a huge loss for Arizona. David Johnson cannot be replaced.

ThunderDan
09-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Casey Hayward drops a sure pick 6.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 09:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843177/article/tj-watt-shines-with-twosack-oneint-steelers-debut

T.J. Watt shines with two-sack, one-INT Steelers debut

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 09:18 a.m. Updated: Sept. 11, 2017 at 08:48 p.m.

Hey Ted Thompson:

29(29) Browns (From Packers) Njoku, David TE 6'4" 246 Miami

30(30) Steelers Watt, T.J. OLB 6'4" 252 Wisconsin

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 09:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843560/article/bradford-cook-spoil-petersons-return-in-vikings-win

Bradford, Cook spoil Peterson's return in Vikings' win

By Conor Orr ... Around The NFL Writer

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 10:35 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

THe Vikings looked great tonight. That NO 'D' is still sick.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 09:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843142/article/marshawn-lynch-excites-teammates-in-raiders-victory

Marshawn Lynch excites teammates in Raiders' victory

By Michael Silver ... NFL.com columnist

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 01:15 a.m. Updated: Sept. 11, 2017 at 10:40 a.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Check out the Highlights. Beast Mode ! What a fine RB he is and if he's happy as it seems he is; what may he do this season?

ThunderDan
09-11-2017, 09:53 PM
So Rex is the color guy. I hate to say it but the third guy sounds like he has a learning disability or was deaf at birth.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 10:00 PM
The Denver Broncos draw first blood at Home to the LA Chargers. 7-0 Broncos early in the game.

A lot of San Diego former Charger fans are likely happy right now. Somehow the LA Chargers sounds weird.

OK that game is now Tie ... 7 All.

Who is the Female announcer? She has a voice that makes a gravel machine sound sweet in comparison. Ohh wait I get it. That is 'Veteran' announcer Beth Mowins

Is she spending spending too much time with SEXY Rex? :whaa:

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/09/11/rex-ryan-espn-broadcast-nfl-game-sunday-night-countdown

Thoughts !:

Young man ... PLEASE consider Sports Announcing as an excellent Career Choice. There is a certain lack of quality talent presently available.

Bretsky
09-11-2017, 10:02 PM

I bleed Red and White as much or more than anybody........see ALL my TJ Watt Comments..etc.

I was never a fan of Tolzien. He's a hard working coaches fave but lacks NFL ability. If you are a fan you cheer for him to somehow hold the clip board behind a guy like Favre and make a good living never havin to play. Once he plays he's exposed.

Bretsky
09-11-2017, 10:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000843177/article/tj-watt-shines-with-twosack-oneint-steelers-debut

T.J. Watt shines with two-sack, one-INT Steelers debut

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Sept. 11, 2017 at 09:18 a.m. Updated: Sept. 11, 2017 at 08:48 p.m.

Hey Ted Thompson:

29(29) Browns (From Packers) Njoku, David TE 6'4" 246 Miami

30(30) Steelers Watt, T.J. OLB 6'4" 252 Wisconsin

If this continues I'll organize a mea culpa for the long line of those who ripped on TJ Watt as being unworthy of GB's 1 draft pick and calling on others as no brainer picks over the Playmaker

Bretsky
09-11-2017, 10:09 PM
VIKES look like the real deal

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 10:17 PM
If this continues I'll organize a mea culpa for the long line of those who ripped on TJ Watt as being unworthy of GB's 1 draft pick and calling on others as no brainer picks over the Playmaker

I was hoping TT grabbed T.J.Watt and not doing so just might blow up in his face.

No ...anything Ted Does is GOLDEN ..... aaarrrgghh !

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 10:18 PM
VIKES look like the real deal

They looked good tonight but New Orleans looks very poor on 'D'.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 10:36 PM
The Chargers are going to play the Broncos hard but it's tough to win in Denver.

They may be the surprize Team in the NFL this Season.

Ohh my goodness ...that announcers Voice is hilarious. It reminds me somehow of:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/83/10/b4/8310b4034e80dbd4434b3e465871b1af--phyllis-diller-carol-burnett.jpg

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 11:02 PM
The Broncos widen their lead to 21 - 7 over The Chargers taking advantage of a nice Pick TO.

woodbuck27
09-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Two TO's in a row and two Charger TD's and the LA Chargers have the Broncos back on their heals.

The score is now 24-21 with 7:00 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

A good game ! :-)

channtheman
09-12-2017, 12:05 AM
LOL at the 3rd and 10 zero yard pass. Would rather he just throw a bomb and hope for the best if you're gonna just do that.

woodbuck27
09-12-2017, 12:08 AM
We're at the Two Minute Warning and the Chargers get the ball back oat about their 35 Yard Line.

Here comes a Wild Finish. 24-21 Broncos.

This could be the biggest Comeback in Charger History.

woodbuck27
09-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Chargers have it on a 4th and 1 Yard and they get the !st Down.

A Pass Interference call against the Broncos...17 seconds left and the ball is on the Broncos 34 Yard Line.

Well here is how it finishes:

Rivers passes left to Allen to the Broncos...ohh ... 26 Yard Line.

The Charger Rookie FG Kicker comes on and kicks it through the Uprights but there was a Denver Time Out.

On the second attempt the Broncos 'D' comes up huge and blocks the kick.

Denver pulls it out of the Flames....win 24-21. What a game !!

woodbuck27
09-12-2017, 12:23 AM
LOL at the 3rd and 10 zero yard pass. Would rather he just throw a bomb and hope for the best if you're gonna just do that.

That series of plays by the Chargers surprised me, given Rivers great arm.