PDA

View Full Version : Official week 2 other games thread

MadScientist
09-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Apparently Bengals-Texans was so uninspiring, nobody even bothered to create this thread to talk about it during the game.

Dalton looks like crap this year.

Joemailman
09-15-2017, 04:34 PM
Apparently Bengals-Texans was so uninspiring, nobody even bothered to create this thread to talk about it during the game.

They fired their OC today. Somehow Marvin Lewis has survived 15 years.

channtheman
09-16-2017, 11:02 PM
I forget Thursday night games exist. Hate em.

Joemailman
09-17-2017, 12:02 AM
I forget Thursday night games exist. Hate em.

I don't watch unless the Packers are playing. I wish people would boycott them. It's the only way they'll go away.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 08:30 AM

PFT said that Lewis was hearing rumblings of mutiny after the game, which apparently went as bad as last year's offense did. So Zampese got the boot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/15/near-mutiny-forced-the-hand-of-marvin-lewis/

Joemailman
09-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Sam Bradford out. Case Keenum starts at QB for Vikings.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Case Keenum isn't getting it done. If only there were a vet QB former starter who would put the Vikings in a better position than they are in with dreck at backup QB. Vikes defense is not impenetrable, but Steelers have some weapons.

Richard Deitsch‏ @richarddeitsch 1h1 hour ago
At 37, @tonyromo is younger than both starting quarterbacks (Tom Brady, 40 and Drew Brees, 38) of his game today.

I would recommend viewing any game with Romo/Nantz on CBS. They haven't drilled the former football player out of him and its all routes/patterns, time in pocket and offensive personnel setups. He is claiming without Edelman and versus the Sants, the Patriots have pulled out the old Charlie Weis/Ron Erhardt offense from the first Super Bowl wins (lots of fullback/Burkhead).

Lotta fun to listen to. he doesn't have a big announcer voice so you have to listen closely.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Steelers have a wideout last name of Smith-Schuster.

Every time I hear it, I think of Monty Python (Upper Class Twit Olympics) and a publishing company.

red
09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Steelers have a wideout last name of Smith-Schuster.

Every time I hear it, I think of Monty Python (Upper Class Twit Olympics) and a publishing company.

LOL

but its called the upper class twit of the year

"and oliver has run himself over, WHAT A GREAT TWIT"

pbmax
09-17-2017, 12:58 PM
I would recommend viewing any game with Romo/Nantz on CBS. They haven't drilled the former football player out of him and its all routes/patterns, time in pocket and offensive personnel setups. He is claiming without Edelman and versus the Sants, the Patriots have pulled out the old Charlie Weis/Ron Erhardt offense from the first Super Bowl wins (lots of fullback/Burkhead).

Lotta fun to listen to. he doesn't have a big announcer voice so you have to listen closely.

Aaron Schatz, a Patriots fan an Football Outsiders owner and editor, says Romo is full of crap:

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz
No disrespect to Tony Romo but the Pats have run more 2-TE and more FB than most teams for a few years now. It's not the 2001 offense.

To be fair to Romo, I took his comments to mean mostly that they were running more. But subsequent offensive series have been pretty pass happy.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 01:11 PM
LOL

but its called the upper class twit of the year

"and oliver has run himself over, WHAT A GREAT TWIT"

"And there is Oliver, he is dead, but he is not necessarily out of it."

Vivian Smith-Smythe-Smith has an O level in kennel hygiene.

"Oliver doesn't know when he is beaten this lad. He doesn't know when he is winning either. He has no sort of sensory apparatus whatsoever."

"And Nigel has clubbed himself into 4th place."

Joemailman
09-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Brady & Co. against the Saints defense is the mismatch of the year. Someone needs to stop this.

esoxx
09-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Case Keenum isn't getting it done. If only there were a vet QB former starter who would put the Vikings in a better position than they are in with dreck at backup QB. Vikes defense is not impenetrable, but Steelers have some weapons.

At 37, @tonyromo is younger than both starting quarterbacks (Tom Brady, 40 and Drew Brees, 38) of his game today.

Completely agree with this. Romo is giving keen QB insight in his analysis and not dumbing it down. A newbie to the game (think the casual or less fan at Super Bowl viewing parties) would have no idea what he's talking about. Those that follow the game closely... it's delightful and refreshing.

SMBASS
09-17-2017, 02:31 PM
#Seahawks RB Eddie Lacy is inactive today vs the #49ers. He has not been dealing with an injury. Looks like a healthy scratch.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 17, 2017

That didn't take long. Curious how long Eddie is going to last with the Hags once Rawls gets healthy and Carson develops a little bit more.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Completely agree with this. Romo is giving keen QB insight in his analysis and not dumbing it down. A newbie to the game (think the casual or less fan at Super Bowl viewing parties) would have no idea what he's talking about. Those that follow the game closely... it's delightful and refreshing.

He's gotten a little careless as the game has gone on, but its still refreshing even when he might be misreading it. At least the X and O is getting a discussion.

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh, Vikes D adjusted and has stopped Ben and Co cold after they hit 20 points. But the offense is in reverse.

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Sorry to be a contrarian, but Romo is the anti-Ray Scott. Guy is irritating to me. Talks too much and a low-talker, mumbler to boot. The contrast with Jim Nantz is striking. I really don't think he'll last.:talk:

Fritz
09-17-2017, 02:52 PM
Sorry to be a contrarian, but Romo is the anti-Ray Scott. Guy is irritating to me. Talks too much and a low-talker, mumbler to boot. The contrast with Jim Nantz is striking. I really don't think he'll last.:talk:

Maxie, if you can't be a contrarian, who can be??

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Maxie, if you can't be a contrarian, who can be??I admit to being extremely qualified for the job. :-)

pbmax
09-17-2017, 02:55 PM

I agree, his volume and soft voice make it hard to hear his entire comment and they do ramble. Harder when Nantz is waiting to start his next "joke".

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 02:58 PM
I agree, his volume and soft voice make it hard to hear his entire comment and they do ramble. Harder when Nantz is waiting to start his next "joke".He sounds like me if I would try announcing. Typical Wiscahnsin accent and diction. Everyone down here in Florida knows where I'm from as soon as I open my mouth. heh heh

pbmax
09-17-2017, 03:00 PM
He sounds like me if I would try announcing. Typical Wiscahnsin accent and diction. Everyone down here in Florida knows where I'm from as soon as I open my mouth. heh heh

At least you and Tony say Wisconsin right. The guy doing TV for the Badgers yesterday was mangling it worse than Bob Griese.

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Colts and Cardinals tied 13 - 13. Cardinals line up for game winning FG. Colts call TO at last second. Guy makes kick. Then misses it on the second try. I really hate that TO. Bush League. They ought to do away with it.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 03:12 PM
The Cardinals this year are the after picture of what happens if you load up for a Super Bowl run and don't make it.

Otherwise know as every team beside the Broncos.

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Poetic justice. Cardinals win in OT.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Greg Olsen broke his foot apparently.

pbmax
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Chargers May Not Sell Out 27,000-Seat Stadium For Opener (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/17/chargers-may-not-sell-out-27000-seat-stadium-for-opener/)

They had, what, two decades to figure out how to succeed in LA and the Rams going back was the best idea they had. I think Chargers going back happened when they forgot to pay attention.

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 03:28 PM
Gronk got hurt too. Patriots are in serious receiver shortage. I wonder what Bellycheck will do.

bobblehead
09-17-2017, 03:39 PM
The Cardinals this year are the after picture of what happens if you load up for a Super Bowl run and don't make it.

Otherwise know as every team beside the Broncos.

Thats the way your supposed to do it PB..don't you read this board?

channtheman
09-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Colts and Cardinals tied 13 - 13. Cardinals line up for game winning FG. Colts call TO at last second. Guy makes kick. Then misses it on the second try. I really hate that TO. Bush League. They ought to do away with it.

I agree completely. This "ice" the kicker crap really pisses me off and I love when it backfires on the coaches who do it. Who started it anyway?

Joemailman
09-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Lacy inactive for Seahawks. Not injured.

wthigoot
09-17-2017, 05:53 PM

Pretty much everyone is inactive but Carlos Hyde. 6-6 after 3 quarters.

Highlight: Dropped touchdown by Seattle.

Guaranteed 9-6 or 12-9 win by Seattle. NOT must see TV; good for napping though.

ThunderDan
09-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Dallas getting run out by Denver O that looked horrible last week.

MadScientist
09-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Pretty much everyone is inactive but Carlos Hyde. 6-6 after 3 quarters.

Highlight: Dropped touchdown by Seattle.

Guaranteed 9-6 or 12-9 win by Seattle. NOT must see TV; good for napping though.

Given that SF is changing defensive schemes and ditched a couple of decent players just for fit, Seattle's offense must really suck. Looks like the Packers showing against them was nothing special.

ThunderDan
09-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Cowgirls down 18 points.

Maxie the Taxi
09-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Cowgirls terrible. Denver defense in backfield all day. Zeke Elliott has 0 yds rushing.

ThunderDan
09-17-2017, 06:34 PM
35-10 Denver

wthigoot
09-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Given that SF is changing defensive schemes and ditched a couple of decent players just for fit, Seattle's offense must really suck. Looks like the Packers showing against them was nothing special.

Just a typical Seattle home game, seems like it happens 3-4 times a year. They tear up the middle of the field until the 4th quarter and then get the one score they need. They actually scored early today, with about 6 minutes left, instead of on the last drive.

red
09-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Chargers May Not Sell Out 27,000-Seat Stadium For Opener (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/17/chargers-may-not-sell-out-27000-seat-stadium-for-opener/)

They had, what, two decades to figure out how to succeed in LA and the Rams going back was the best idea they had. I think Chargers going back happened when they forgot to pay attention.

LA is a horrible city for sports, it always has been unless the team is a champion, and it becomes a "thing" to be seen at games

it was stupid to move one team there much less 2

fyi, the rams game had a ton of empty seats today too

red
09-17-2017, 07:04 PM
has anyone mentioned that lacy was a healthy scratch for seattle today?

pbmax
09-17-2017, 07:18 PM
has anyone mentioned that lacy was a healthy scratch for seattle today?

Tell me more.

red
09-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Tell me more.

heard it on the radio today

they went with the other two guys today, decided they didn't need eddy on the roster

they were speculating that he might be done in seattle

red
09-17-2017, 07:33 PM
from rotoworld

Eddie Lacy is inactive for Week 2 against the 49ers.

With Thomas Rawls back, Lacy is fourth on the depth chart behind Rawls, C.J. Prosise, and rookie Chris Carson. At this point, it would not be surprising if he is cut. He can be dropped in all leagues. Sep 17 - 3:00 PM

pbmax
09-17-2017, 09:53 PM
heard it on the radio today

they went with the other two guys today, decided they didn't need eddy on the roster

they were speculating that he might be done in seattle

I was kidding (3rd mention of it in thread and thought you were too). But thanks for the detail (seriously). Did not know Rawls was active.

red
09-17-2017, 10:16 PM
well fuck you then

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:42 AM

Tough decisions in Cincinnati:

Is it?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSNXCzxBddyTqYIEL3whMrY3_EPDfjf KPrOOfOi6eGIb3-6MUB

OR

https://img02.deviantart.net/2d88/i/2015/283/d/5/andy_dalton_by_lupe_macias-d9com0j.jpg

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:46 AM

http://www.derfmagazine.com/_images/cincinnati/news/1532/Marvin-Lewis-frustrated.jpg

Dear Lord ! I cannot believe the Bengals haven't 'FIRED ME " !

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Sam Bradford out. Case Keenum starts at QB for Vikings.

Following that Bad News for Viking Fans, any confidence and a 'W' in Pittsburg?:
https://www.politusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/sad-deflated-balloon-obama-supporters.jpg

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 11:20 AM

RE: Tony Romo: "... he doesn't have a big announcer voice so you have to listen closely " See above

Comment woodbuck27:

"Wow. C'mon ESPN, pairing Beth Mowins with Rex Ryan is setting her up for failure--or should I say, setting her up WITH failure?" @DavesData posted.

Thank goodness that Romo doesn't have a voice like the woman they teamed up with Rex Ryan or Beth Mowins and a 'finger nails on a chalkboard' comparison of her voice, would be a compliment.

Does Beth hang around 'Sexy' Rex too much?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3488366.1505185819!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/giants-browns-football.jpg

IMO it's Tony Romo and a 'cake walk' over Rex Ryan and their NFL broadcasting debuts.

"You can tell Rex Ryan has not done this before," @walkerRcarey wrote.

"Even Jeb Bush thinks Rex Ryan is surprisingly low energy as a color commentator," @erichustedt wrote.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 11:28 AM

The only thing more lacking than competent NFL Game Officials is decent Broadcasting Teams.

So kids ! There ... 'possible direction and a career choice'.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 11:49 AM

The same Bush League call cost the LA Chargers and their newly drafted Place Kicker Korean-born 'Younghoe Koo' in Week 1; and in exactly the same way. Are the Chargers cursed !?

That Poor Young Man' missed a FG again yesterday (with 10 seconds left on the clock, Younghoe Koo just misses, wide right ) in their Game Vs Miami (Week 2) and at Home.

Here is that miss on video, Gheeessh, I had the Chargers in my Pro Pickem':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzI7TSZFCa4

I checked the Media and reaction to this:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers/sd-sp-chargers-broncos-koo-kicker-20170912-story.html

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 12:10 PM

Once Upon A Time: The newest NFL Innovation:

The Eddie Lacy Body Shaper:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b9792a522c3ea31d7421dd32df7c12a31f060c9b/c=317-0-2176-2478&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2016/05/24/WIGroup/PackersNews/635997082844697146-uscpcent02-6pv6t8w6zjtgjpu7a60-original.jpg

I thought If it can do it for her:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b7/a1/8b/b7a18b0f5a8c96fbb2132d58428ad528--ashley-graham-lingerie-ashley-graham-pics.jpg

It could do it for me !

http://www.alabamanews.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/eddielacy-nfl-greenbaypackers.jpg

Then my life changed when I lost that sucker !

http://thesportsquotient.com/media/posts/36213/Lacy.jpg

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 12:51 PM
So..... imagine your a Cincinnati fan.... I know your head is exploding !

I have watched this team fall apart in way too many games and as a Pro Pickem Guy they scare the 'H' out of my confidence and any of their games.

What is with their HC Marvin Lewis and his IMO too long tenure with 'the Bengals?

What is with their Starting QB Andy Dalton !?

Now I find this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733742-some-bengals-players-reportedly-want-team-to-consider-signing-colin-kaepernick?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Some Bengals Players Reportedly Want Team to Consider Signing Colin Kaepernick

By: SCOTT POLACEK .... SEPTEMBER 17, 2017

mmmdk
09-18-2017, 01:32 PM
It's a trap!

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:37 PM
It's a trap!

I just sent you a Private Message mmmdk.

I don't pass out a lot of hints and Pro Pickem but here is one:

Do NOT ever give the Cincinnati Bengals a lot of confidence.

I don't think there is any other NFL Team that has let me and confidence in them down ...more !

Packer fans like to say: Da Bears suck !

Personally I say: The Bengals SUCK !!

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
http://www.nbcsports.com/video/green-bay-packers-follow-familiar-script-early-season-loss-falcons?ls=pftvod

Andy Dalton's days as Bengals' starter could be numbered

Bengals QB Andy Dalton could be benched soon if his play doesn't improve as Cincinnati searches for an offensive identity.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Which Team wins Week 2 MNF Game?

Detroit Lions @ New York Giants

QBME
09-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Anybody else notice the number of empty seats? Maybe it's a New York (actually New Jersey) thing?

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 07:33 PM
I want to see Matthew Stafford earn that huge paycheck again tonight.

Will O'Dell Beckham Jr. at 85% Full Strength be effective enough to make a noticeable difference for the Giants?

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Leave it to the Officials to disagree with 'the Man in the Booth' who felt the ball was coming out (fumbled) before Eli Mannings knee was on the field.

The Lions recovery of the ball and TD was therefore erased.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 07:53 PM
There's redemption and a lovely pass and TD for the Lions...7-0 Detroit.

Rutnstrut
09-18-2017, 09:44 PM
TJ Lang playing well, oh wait he's old and injury prone...

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:05 PM
The darn NFL Officials certainly can screw up.

This time the Lions HC Jim Calswell was smart enough to challenge the spot on that 'came up short' 4th down play by the Giants.

How come the whole world can see it as it was and the Officials get it otherwise?

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:06 PM

He's T.J.Lang and decent.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:08 PM
A key Series for the GIANTS. A lot of time left in this game.

Here they come and at the Lions 28 with 4:47 remaining in the 4th Qtr.

24-10 LIONS.

mraynrand
09-18-2017, 10:10 PM

This is a good take. :roll:

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:12 PM
NO SALE on that Series.

Eli needs a WR that can catch the ball.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 10:15 PM
So it looks like the GIANTS will end this game with a 'L' and go to 0-2; but every other Team in their Division is at 1-1.

Yup. Final score 24-10 LIONS ! A solid Team Victory.

T.J.Lang looked really good and the Lions rushed for over 100 Yards.

The GIANTS 'O' = Fizzle !

ThunderDan
09-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Did he play better than Evans? Did he play better than Evans at 3x the cost?

Rutnstrut
09-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Did he play better than Evans? Did he play better than Evans at 3x the cost?

He played better than the young INJURED guys that TT HAD to sign first. They could have extended Lang a while ago and saved money. But TT likes his young guys, in more ways than one.

mraynrand
09-19-2017, 01:10 PM
He played better than the young INJURED guys that TT HAD to sign first.

Which guards were injured who played in place of Lang?

Joemailman
09-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Anybody know what to make of this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/dolphins-suspend-lawrence-timmons-indefinitely/

Dolphins suspend Lawrence Timmons indefinitely
Posted by Mike Florio on September 19, 2017, 4:17 PM EDT

AP
The Miami Dolphins have made a decision regarding linebacker Lawrence Timmons. And it’s an aggressive one.

The Dolphins have announced that Timmons has been suspended indefinitely. As a practical matter, the Dolphins definitely can suspend Timmons for up to four weeks without pay.

He’ll lose $58,823 per week (based on a $1 million annual salary), and he’ll potentially be required to refund 4/17th of the 2017 allocation of $5.5 million signing bonus ($647,000). The most also wipes out the remaining guarantees in his contract (he had $11 million fully guaranteed at signing), allowing the team to cut him with no further financial obligation.

While the Dolphins have remained mum about Timmons’ decision to go AWOL while the team was in L.A., they clearly don’t like either what he did or how he handled it, apparently disappearing without telling the team that he’d be leaving. Now, he’ll be leaving for up to four weeks — and maybe for good.

hoosier
09-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Anybody know what to make of this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/dolphins-suspend-lawrence-timmons-indefinitely/

The only rumor I've heard is that he had "personal issues" that led him to seek help, hence the AWOL. Sounded like possibly a breakdown. My own personal hunch is that we should not discount too quickly a possible connection to the arrival of Jay Cutler.