PDA

View Full Version : Official Bengals Week Thread.

Joemailman
09-18-2017, 09:08 PM
Packers favored by 9.

Bengals lead all-time series 7-5. Bengals won last meeting 34-30 on September 22, 2013.

Bengals (0-2) are a mess offensively, having scored just 9 points and having a total of 516 yards of offense. Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green has caught 10 passes for 141 yards. He was leading the NFL in receiving last year before a hamstring tear ended his season. Andy Dalton has been terrible with 394 yards passing with 0 TD's and 4 INT's.

Teams are running the ball much more than passing it against the Bengals. Opponents have completed 24-41 for 209 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. They have rushed the ball 77 times for 325 yards and 2 TD's.

Tony Oday
09-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Bengals right the ship against the Pack we are 1-2 after this.

Maxie the Taxi
09-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Julio Jones is the second best receiver in the league. AJ Green is the best.

The good news is the WR talent drops off precipitously after Green.

Geno Atkins is a beast.

There's no good news here, given the Packers' beat up OL.

Bengals running backs are among the best we'll see all year.

Not much good news here either, unless Daniels heals and the Packers' tackling improves.

The really good news is Andy Dalton is no Matt Ryan.

Still, the game Sunday is not a slam dunk.

pbmax
09-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Packers WR Jordy Nelson's quad strain is not considered serious but he is "50-50" for Sunday vs. Bengals, per source.

woodbuck27
09-19-2017, 08:35 AM
Julio Jones is the second best receiver in the league. AJ Green is the best.

The good news is the WR talent drops off precipitously after Green.

Geno Atkins is a beast.

There's no good news here, given the Packers' beat up OL.

Bengals running backs are among the best we'll see all year.

Not much good news here either, unless Daniels heals and the Packers' tackling improves.

The really good news is Andy Dalton is no Matt Ryan.

Still, the game Sunday is not a slam dunk.

This game and any prediction falls under the category 'UGLY'.

Can the Green Bay Packers pull it all together against a desperate team (the Cincinnati 'small growl' Bengals)?

My guts say go with the Team with the best player when that player is a QB:

The Green Bay PACKERS will win.

woodbuck27
09-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Packers WR Jordy Nelson's quad strain is not considered serious but he is "50-50" for Sunday vs. Bengals, per source.

This news falls under the category and Green Bay Packers: Ohh Ohh !

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2017, 11:14 AM
I'd say it is a slam dunk. Jordy probably sits out or plays just a little because he isn't needed against a week opponent.

Der Lehrer
09-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Obligatory reminder that the Bengals are the only team Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten (other than the Packers, of course). I think we take care of that this week.

hoosier
09-19-2017, 12:40 PM
I'd say it is a slam dunk. Jordy probably sits out or plays just a little because he isn't needed against a week opponent.

This weak's opponent is no weeker or meeker than next's. You know what they say: On any given weak....

mraynrand
09-19-2017, 01:12 PM
This weak's opponent is no weeker or meeker than next's. You know what they say: On any given weak....

Take off, Hosier!

pbmax
09-19-2017, 01:43 PM
I'll be very interested who gets the start in the slot next week assuming King gets the starting nod outside.

I once predicted we'd get a shutdown corner out of Gunter/Rollins/Randall and I am running out of chances.

Joemailman
09-19-2017, 04:01 PM
I'll be very interested who gets the start in the slot next week assuming King gets the starting nod outside.

I once predicted we'd get a shutdown corner out of Gunter/Rollins/Randall and I am running out of chances.

You may be right. The Packers coaching staff might shut them all down.

gbgary
09-19-2017, 05:28 PM
daniels and nelson should be kept out of the game. give them a chance to really heal up.

Joemailman
09-19-2017, 06:02 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/19/packers-wr-jordy-nelson-considered-50-50-to-play-vs-bengals/

Packers coach Mike McCarthy did not have an update on any of his injured players on Monday night.

“This has been a big day for the training room, just trying to get our hands around exactly where we are (injury wise), which right now we don’t have all the information and we probably won’t until Wednesday,” McCarthy said.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Monday that both Cobb (shoulder) and Daniels (hamstring) avoided major injury. Both received good news from scans on their injuries.

Nelson, Cobb and Daniels could all be game-time decisions on Sunday against the Bengals.

mraynrand
09-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see all three on the pine through the Bears game, plus the three more who will get hurt against the Bengals. Stubby probably wants to field at least half the team for the Cowboys game.

Joemailman
09-19-2017, 06:18 PM
If Jordy and Cobb get the green light from the doctors, I think at least 1 will play. It would be a pretty thin WR group without both of them.

Tony Oday
09-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Go 10-6 Pack!!!! All we can hope for is a real team to knock out the Falcons in the playoffs because this shit box has no chance to beat them.

gbgary
09-20-2017, 10:58 AM
daniels and nelson should be kept out of the game. give them a chance to really heal up.

turns out cobb has a chest injury...not a shoulder. he's in a lot of pain. guess he shouldn't play at all either. ugh!

mraynrand
09-20-2017, 11:53 AM
turns out cobb has a chest injury...not a shoulder. he's in a lot of pain. guess he shouldn't play at all either. ugh!

Mic drop?

pbmax
09-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Michael Cohen‏Verified account @Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
On offense Randall Cobb (shoulder), Jason Spriggs (hamstring) and David Bakhtiari (hamstring) did not practice for the #Packers.

Jordy Nelson (quad) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) were on the field, though, which is a good sign. A bit unexpected as well. #Packers

OTHER GOOD NEWS WOULD SEEM TO BE BROOKS BACK AT PRACTICE

On defense Kentrell Brice (groin), Davon House (quad), Jake Ryan (unknown), Nick Perry (unknown), Mike Daniels (hamstring) didn't practice.

YEP

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Nelson, Bulaga and Brooks practicing. Cobb, Brice, house, Ryan, Perry, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Spriggs are not. #Packers

pbmax
09-20-2017, 04:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKMrBQcXUAEyB3P.jpg:large

bobblehead
09-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Obligatory reminder that the Bengals are the only team Aaron Rodgers hasn't beaten (other than the Packers, of course). I think we take care of that this week.

Leave it to some asshole with 5 posts to make me long for Tex's eternal foolish optimism.

Just kidding Der, welcome aboard.

bobblehead
09-20-2017, 06:55 PM

Did you intentionally mix up your "week and weak" just to aggravate Tex? If so, well played.

bobblehead
09-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Go 10-6 Pack!!!! All we can hope for is a real team to knock out the Falcons in the playoffs because this shit box has no chance to beat them.

We had an injury plagued season where we finished 10-6 as a wildcard team once recently, didn't we?

hoosier
09-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Fitting that in week 3 the Packers would already have 13 players on the injury list, more that 50% greater than Cincinnati's.

Yup, Bobble, that was the idea.

Tony Oday
09-21-2017, 09:23 AM
We had an injury plagued season where we finished 10-6 as a wildcard team once recently, didn't we?

True, sun shines on a dogs ass ever once in a while.

pbmax
09-21-2017, 03:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKRgd7JW4AAUHVe.jpg:large

Fritz
09-22-2017, 06:52 AM
I'm waiting for KY to weigh in. He's usually got some good local dope on the Bungles.

ThunderDan
09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Here is my gripe for the week.

Why are we playing the late game slot? This should definitely be a noon game not a 3pm. The Packers have a game Thursday night against the Bears.

woodbuck27
09-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Jordy Nelson and a Quad injury isn't good news.

I hope this game is on my TV schedule 4:25 EST (3:25 Local Time)

It will be a good one to see, record and analyze.

Somehow we need to see a 'W' go up at it's conclusion. The Packers are heavily favoured as 9 Point favourites and at this time about 60% of those, 'in the know', are picking Green Bay to cover.

Next up 'and on a short week' TNF, Da Bears @ Lambeau Field.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Its the CBS National late game. Nantz and Romo, in red. Sorry, no listing for Canada.

http://506sports.com/2017/03-CBS-L.png

woodbuck27
09-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Here is my gripe for the week.

Why are we playing the late game slot? This should definitely be a noon game not a 3pm. The Packers have a game Thursday night against the Bears.

Please (and seriously ); explain to me how about 3.5 Hours difference in game scheduled time this Sunday will make any significant difference?

woodbuck27
09-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Its the CBS National late game. Nantz and Romo, in red. Sorry, no listing for Canada.

Thanks pbmax. That appears to be good news.

We don't see which games are going on our schedules (it seems to me) until Saturday and Sunday Games. Then depended on the locality, that might suddenly change.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr 18m18 minutes ago
No John Ross or Tyler Eifert at practice again today for #Bengals. Safe to assume we won’t see them playing Sunday.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 11:06 AM
McCarthy PC

Silverstein
McCarthy on Daniels: Put Mike in the same category as Randall. See what the next two days are.

GBPackers
McCarthy: Randall Cobb is getting better. Going to give all injured players the week to get ready. Mike Daniels in same category #CINvsGB

Silverstein
McCarthy on Perry: Had surgery . Haven't been given a timeline yet.

GBPackers
McCarthy: Jordy (Nelson) is progressing. He's definitely moving the way we hoped. Anticipate him practicing Saturday. #CINvsGB

Silverstein:
McCarthy on Montravious Adams: Practiced on full. Hopefully have a good next two days and contributed some.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Josh Jones; He's a young player that needs more opportunities. He's played well on special teams.

ThunderDan
09-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Please (and seriously ); explain to me how about 3.5 Hours difference in game scheduled time this Sunday will make any significant difference?

Really??? The Packers will have 97 hours between games. You don't think 3 1/2 hours will allow for more treatment time for the players, more time for the coached to evaluate the film and grade the players performance, and lastly more time to determine the best game plan for the game?

Maybe you don't. I personally think it is a nice courtesy to give teams that have to play on Thursday night any extra time they can.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Katherine Terrell‏Verified account
@Kat_Terrell

John Ross and Trey Hopkins have been officially ruled out for Sunday in addition to Tyler Eifert

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2017, 12:25 PM
David Carr (NFL Network):

Andy Dalton gets going and leads Cincinnati to first win of season
The Bengals, with Bill Lazor calling the offensive plays, beat the Packers at Lambeau Field. A new offensive coordinator has the advantage of surprise in every first game I've ever played in or witnessed. Does it get bolder than that?

hoosier
09-22-2017, 12:30 PM
McCarthy PC

Silverstein
McCarthy on Daniels: Put Mike in the same category as Randall. See what the next two days are.

GBPackers
McCarthy: Randall Cobb is getting better. Going to give all injured players the week to get ready. Mike Daniels in same category #CINvsGB

Silverstein
McCarthy on Perry: Had surgery . Haven't been given a timeline yet.

GBPackers
McCarthy: Jordy (Nelson) is progressing. He's definitely moving the way we hoped. Anticipate him practicing Saturday. #CINvsGB

Silverstein:
McCarthy on Montravious Adams: Practiced on full. Hopefully have a good next two days and contributed some.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Josh Jones; He's a young player that needs more opportunities. He's played well on special teams.

MM also said that Cobb has "a little hip in his step" and then compared him to Daniels, who (coincidentally?) was listed on the injury report last week with a hip. What is a hip in the step? Pittsburghese?

Smidgeon
09-22-2017, 01:05 PM

A lot of great things about living here. Non-coverage of Packers games is not one of them.

But I don't watch them until my kid goes to bed anyway. Thank goodness for GamePass.

Fritz
09-22-2017, 01:09 PM
David Carr (NFL Network):

IF Carr turns out to be right, many Packer fans will not only be jumping off wagons, but off bridges.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 01:17 PM
dp

I gotta close some tabs.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 01:20 PM
MM also said that Cobb has "a little hip in his step" and then compared him to Daniels, who (coincidentally?) was listed on the injury report last week with a hip. What is a hip in the step? Pittsburghese?

Hitch? Hitch in your step means your giddy up has slowed down a might.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 01:21 PM
IF Carr turns out to be right, many Packer fans will not only be jumping off wagons, but off bridges.

I bet Carr couldn't pass a concussion test today.

Teamcheez1
09-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Looks like the only injured Packers who might play are Jordy and Bulaga.

The rest are all listed as doubtful today.

pbmax
09-22-2017, 03:47 PM

You get Brooks back which isn't nothing given Perry's injury. Evans does not seem to be sitting out at all. And maybe Adams gets to play this week.

M3 didn't want to rule out Daniels or Cobb, but it certainly seems they are doubtful, literally.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKWhmeiXoAA4XzP.jpg:large

hoosier
09-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Hitch? Hitch in your step means your giddy up has slowed down a might.

Correct. Transcription error or malapropism, aka Pittsburghese?

hoosier
09-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Holy Moly, Montravius was full all week? Is he actually going to play? Will he break his foot on the first play?

run pMc
09-22-2017, 05:53 PM

My guess is they sit most of them for the Bears or Dallas.

Joemailman
09-22-2017, 06:46 PM
My guess is they sit most of them for the Bears or Dallas.

After the Bears game, they're off for 10 days. I suspect the aim is to get everybody healthy for Dallas.

Rutnstrut
09-22-2017, 07:30 PM
After the Bears game, they're off for 10 days. I suspect the aim is to get everybody healthy for Dallas.

That would normally be fine. But there will be like 12 new injuries after the Bengals game.

wthigoot
09-22-2017, 11:35 PM

Hoping Bulaga can play and hold up. Can chip on Murphy's side then.

Brooks for Perry. King keeps improving.

Allison needs to come through and not have the mixup that led to the interception before halftime at Atlanta.

If Jordy and Cobb are out, who's in the slot? Maybe go to Kendricks and RRod instead?

Should be able to patch the holes enough to get the win.

Pugger
09-23-2017, 07:19 AM
Packers favored by 9.

Bengals lead all-time series 7-5. Bengals won last meeting 34-30 on September 22, 2013.

Bengals (0-2) are a mess offensively, having scored just 9 points and having a total of 516 yards of offense. Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green has caught 10 passes for 141 yards. He was leading the NFL in receiving last year before a hamstring tear ended his season. Andy Dalton has been terrible with 394 yards passing with 0 TD's and 4 INT's.

Teams are running the ball much more than passing it against the Bengals. Opponents have completed 24-41 for 209 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. They have rushed the ball 77 times for 325 yards and 2 TD's.

Favored by NINE?? What the...

Smidgeon
09-23-2017, 08:53 AM

A missed extra point and a field goal.

Joemailman
09-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Gametime tomorrow temp will be 89 with heat index of 93. Wonder if Packers will wear white jerseys. Force Bengals to wear black/orange.

Will be hottest game I've ever been to at Lambeau. Might be the hottest ever. Any other gold package rats gonna be there?

ThunderDan
09-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Gametime tomorrow temp will be 89 with heat index of 93. Wonder if Packers will wear white jerseys. Force Bengals to wear black/orange.

Will be hottest game I've ever been to at Lambeau. Might be the hottest ever. Any other gold package rats gonna be there?

Yup, I'll be there with my son. They said it could possibly be the warmest Packer game ever at Lambeau.

oldbutnotdeadyet
09-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Yup, I'll be there with my son. They said it could possibly be the warmest Packer game ever at Lambeau.

They sell beer there....

Pugger
09-23-2017, 04:12 PM

89°? Wow. That isn't gonna be fun if you are not in the shade.

pbmax
09-23-2017, 04:19 PM
If it hits 90 tomorrow in the South (Wisconsin), it will be the first 5 day streak of 90 degree weather all year.

gbgary
09-23-2017, 04:27 PM

that's too much. take the points.

wist43
09-23-2017, 08:06 PM
I think we win, but ugly... 31-27.

esoxx
09-23-2017, 09:01 PM
The Bungles. LOL

woodbuck27
09-24-2017, 06:48 AM
WR Randall Cobb 'OUT Vs Bengals'

It has been reported on the NFL Network this AM Sunday 24 Sept. 2017 that WR Randal Cobb is not playing today due to his reported 'Upper Body' injury.

woodbuck27
09-24-2017, 06:53 AM

No kidding. That is what I call an 'inflated Vegas Line'. :whaa:

Will Aaron Rodgers get that Bengal/Monkey off his back today in his third try to defeat Cincinnati?

This game scares the 'Hell out of me' as a Pro Picker.

hoosier
09-24-2017, 09:54 AM

Dark vs light hues don't make as much of a difference as they used to. New fabric designs have pretty much eliminated that advantage.

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2017, 09:56 AM
This is gonna be an easy win. We had our bad game last week. Whether the walking wounded play or not, we win big.

woodbuck27
09-24-2017, 10:09 AM
This is gonna be an easy win. We had our bad game last week. Whether the walking wounded play or not, we win big.

This is Week Three in the NFL Schedule and it's just about this time that in my experience we see a lot of 'Upsets'.

One of those 'Upsets' is happening in London,UK as I post this.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are thumping the Baltimore Ravens. The score 23-0 Jags !

ThunderDan
09-24-2017, 12:02 PM
The Grave digger signing autographs at Green Bay Distillery. We are siting right next to him,having lunch.

woodbuck27
09-24-2017, 12:09 PM
The Grave digger signing autographs at Green Bay Distillery. We are siting right next to him,having lunch.

http://packerstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gilbert-brown-burger.jpeg

I get a real feed bag on after an autograph signing.

KYPack
09-24-2017, 09:15 PM
I think we win, but ugly... 31-27.

Pretty good guess, Wist.

mraynrand
09-24-2017, 11:34 PM

Was he charging for 'em?

ThunderDan
09-25-2017, 07:09 AM
Was he charging for 'em?

Sure was, had to pay to get a picture with him. I ask for a picture when they were just setting up and he said, "no, I am here on that guy's dime."

Obviously he was being paid by some promotion company to be there.