Jones
Allison, I know this world is killing you
Allison, my aim is true
2nd half Rodgers
Nelson
Kendricks

Duds:
1st half Rodgers
1st half run defense (Dean Lowry Army needs to dig into tape)
O line reserves
Monty
Bennett

Anyone catch Cook with a TD Sunday Night?

Martinez was part of at least one bad coverage and I assume had some trouble with run D in the first half, but holy cow did he look like a different player after half. Nixon steamrolled a lot of Packers but Martinez was the one that looked like the more violent player late in the game.

Cheesehead Craig
09-25-2017, 08:38 AM
I'll give a Stud to 2nd half pass rush. 2 sacks killed 2 drives and forced an intentional grounding on a 3rd one.

hoosier
09-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Is it just me or does Trevor Davis look really hesitant back there returning punts. He had one good return (the first punt) but in general he doesn't make people miss and he seems unwilling to just put his head down and plow through the garbage for extra yards. In addition to the bad fair catch he had a couple of returns where the downfield layout looked very similar to the first return, but he couldn't do anything with it. He's tall and lanky and has no shake. I can't see him lasting back there.

hoosier
09-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Crosby was a stud for the simple reason that he wasn't a dud in OT.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Is it just me or does Trevor Davis look really hesitant back there returning punts. He had one good return (the first punt) but in general he doesn't make people miss and he seems unwilling to just put his head down and plow through the garbage for extra yards. In addition to the bad fair catch he had a couple of returns where the downfield layout looked very similar to the first return, but he couldn't do anything with it. He's tall and lanky and has no shake. I can't see him lasting back there.It's just you. lol I thought he did great and I even saw him make some guys miss. Did we watch the same game? lol

pbmax
09-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Is it just me or does Trevor Davis look really hesitant back there returning punts. He had one good return (the first punt) but in general he doesn't make people miss and he seems unwilling to just put his head down and plow through the garbage for extra yards. In addition to the bad fair catch he had a couple of returns where the downfield layout looked very similar to the first return, but he couldn't do anything with it. He's tall and lanky and has no shake. I can't see him lasting back there.

Yeah, he had success on his first return picking his spots and cutting back through traffic when coverage met the ball downfield. Then he tried to do that with 15 yards of free space in front of him (plus the inexplicable fair catch-I have to hope they called a block and TOLD him to fair catch that).

If you have a guy on top of you, do your best to avoid. Otherwise close the space between you and the tacklers and put your blockers in good positions with a single cut.

hoosier
09-25-2017, 09:23 AM
It's just you. lol I thought he did great and I even saw him make some guys miss. Did we watch the same game? lol

When is your next optometry visit? :-)

mmmdk
09-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Don't know if this is a stud or dud thing but thank goodness that the Bengals playcalling on offense sucked balls in the second half and that missed 48 FG too. Bengals defense was still sharp in the second half but so was Rodgers and GERONIMO !!!

I was actually very nervous for the PAT with the score 24 Bengals 23 Packers. It wasn't due to mistrust of Crosby, not at all, but it seemed like one of those games where everything was against us. That made Crosby a stud in my book. A loss wasn't to be, thankfully, therefore the game has already become another happy Packers memory for the scrapbook.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah, he had success on his first return picking his spots and cutting back through traffic when coverage met the ball downfield. Then he tried to do that with 15 yards of free space in front of him (plus the inexplicable fair catch-I have to hope they called a block and TOLD him to fair catch that).

If you have a guy on top of you, do your best to avoid. Otherwise close the space between you and the tacklers and put your blockers in good positions with a single cut.Really, as long as he's sure-handed back there I wouldn't care if he fair caught every punt. Muffs kill you. So far it seems like he's progressing from the couple of muffs he suffered earlier.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 09:29 AM
When is your next optometry visit? :-)

Just got updated. I went with the brown plastic frames this month...
https://hammerle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Old-Man-With-Glasses.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Pete Dougherty has something to share. Go ahead, Pete.

Punt returner Trevor Davis made a big mistake when he called a fair catch on the Bengals’ final punt at the end of the first half. The punt was relatively low, and he had a lot of green in front of him but called the fair catch and turned down a good chance at a return. He clearly wasn’t going to make that mistake again. This might not have shown up on TV, but on his next return Davis at first picked up the ball, then clearly lowered his head and took a long look at the coverage players coming at him, before picking up the flight of the ball again. He didn’t fair catch and gained eight yards on the return. For the day he averaged 14 yards on five returns.

hoosier
09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Just got updated. I went with the brown plastic frames this month...
https://hammerle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Old-Man-With-Glasses.jpg

Good look, Maxie. And it will be great once you put the dentures back in!

pbmax
09-25-2017, 12:25 PM
14 yard average on 5 returns is not nothing. Makes the previous 5 years look futile.

But there was more out there I think, including that fair catch.

Player Ret PRYds TD Lng Y/R
Micah Hyde 73 761 3 93 10.42
Randall Cobb 54 489 1 75 9.06
Trevor Davis 16 218 0 55 13.63
Jeremy Ross 6 123 0 58 20.50

gbgary
09-25-2017, 12:43 PM
studs: nelson and bulaga playing hurt, rodgers coming through after the pick 6 and taking a beating, allison, kendricks, brooks, martinez, for their big moments. jones made some mistakes but made for them big time. some players had some bad moments but their game taken as a whole i would consider stud worthy: the whole offensive line pass blocking wise. i know...Rodgers got beat on but that's only 8-10 plays out of 42 attempts with backups in that line. dbs after a bad first half had a much better 2nd half. the defense in the 2nd half was pretty damn good. held them to 3 and didn't allow a 3rd down conversion.

meh performances: bennett, montgomery, o-line run blocking wise. bennett asked to block a lot, monty got hurt on that tackle and wasn't the same after that.

duds: no one really. how can you have duds in a comeback like this?

Tony Oday
09-25-2017, 01:10 PM
BIG Dud is Montgomery, doesn't know how to chip block, is tentative, slow and easy to bring down.

gbgary
09-25-2017, 01:12 PM
BIG Dud is Montgomery, doesn't know how to chip block, is tentative, slow and easy to bring down.

i think he was hurt on that sideline play. wasn't the same after that.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Good look, Maxie. And it will be great once you put the dentures back in!Will do, as soon as I find them.

pbmax
09-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Will do, as soon as I find them.

Check the vase!

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Davis may not get style points, and he looks kinda like a stick man (I thought he gained weight/muscle), but he did the job and has been decent or better up to now. I'll call him a minor stud.

I can't think of too much to add to those others posted. Studs: Allison, Jones, Nelson, Martinez, (I'll add) Ahmad Brooks, Rodgers (with that one glaring exception), and Crosby - just doing his job. Duds: the whole O Line, except maybe for Linsley, not just the subs, Bennett - still dropping as much as he is catching, Clinton-Dix - maybe it was just the camera man's fault, but I never saw him make a tackle or break up a pass all day while Jones, Burnett, Evans were all visible and effective.

Special mention to the ghosts under the Lambeau turf who reached up and tripped Mixon on one crucial play.

Rutnstrut
09-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Duds- Monty, stubby for refusing to switch to another RB. Biggest dud-Clay he is making a lot of money to do what any JAG could do.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Special mention to the ghosts under the Lambeau turf who reached up and tripped Mixon on one crucial play.+1 Well said. hahahaha

Tony Oday
09-25-2017, 02:32 PM
+1 Well said. hahahaha

Should be a special award awarded!

CaptainKickass
09-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Special mention to the ghosts under the Lambeau turf who reached up and tripped Mixon on one crucial play.

This phenomenon is known as "The Turf Monster".

I would LOVE to see statistics and data regarding the number of times The Turf Monster made a tackle, what quarter is it most frequent, and how effective it is during games.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Should be a special award awarded!The Lambeau Turf Monster gets the Week 3 Fuckdoggle?

Fritz
09-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Davis may not get style points, and he looks kinda like a stick man (I thought he gained weight/muscle), but he did the job and has been decent or better up to now. I'll call him a minor stud.

I can't think of too much to add to those others posted. Studs: Allison, Jones, Nelson, Martinez, (I'll add) Ahmad Brooks, Rodgers (with that one glaring exception), and Crosby - just doing his job. Duds: the whole O Line, except maybe for Linsley, not just the subs, Bennett - still dropping as much as he is catching, Clinton-Dix - maybe it was just the camera man's fault, but I never saw him make a tackle or break up a pass all day while Jones, Burnett, Evans were all visible and effective.

If your girlfriend or wife said that to you, you might feel insulted.

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2017, 07:10 PM
If your girlfriend or wife said that to you, you might feel insulted.

At my age, I'm just glad to still be in the game hahahahahaha.