PDA

View Full Version : Players that can do it all

Smidgeon
09-26-2017, 11:31 AM
Considering through three games, Morgan Burnett has lined up at safety, linebacker, and slot cornerback.

I know we were as impressed by Frankenbacker's diverse talents, but he wasn't starter quality in any of them.

Is there anyone else in the league who has the ability to successfully move about positions like Burnett? Do you think he'll get the recognition he deserves? I very much feel like he's under-the-radar.

gbgary
09-26-2017, 11:39 AM
josh.............jones?

Joemailman
09-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Burnett is kind of reprising the Charles Woodson role of 2009-2011. Only difference is Woodson was Corner/slot/ILB whereas Burnett is SS/slot/ILB. Recognition comes with big plays. Sacks and interceptions. Thus far the Packers as a team do not have an interception.

Smidgeon
09-26-2017, 12:28 PM
josh.............jones?

Potentially. He needs more than one game though.

Smidgeon
09-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Burnett is kind of reprising the Charles Woodson role of 2009-2011. Only difference is Woodson was Corner/slot/ILB whereas Burnett is SS/slot/ILB. Recognition comes with big plays. Sacks and interceptions. Thus far the Packers as a team do not have an interception.

Yep. Woodson is a great example. But you're right: he had interceptions, sacks, and fumbles to create the recognition.

I don't watch other teams unless they're playing the Packers (in a weird way, I'm a Packers fan and not an NFL fan--I don't have the time to learn the nuances about every team), so I am curious how many of these players exist in the NFL in any given year.