View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 4 vs. Chicago

pbmax
09-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Injuries:

Jamaal Williams - knee
Blake Martinez - noggin (came back in)
Josh Jones - hand/back (came back in)
Montgomery - chest/ribs (out)
Joe Thomas - after best pass coverage of career, ankle (questionable)

Davante Adams - cervical vertebrae/neck/whiplash/chin split/skull (out)

Randall - MIA

pbmax
09-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Stephen Watson‏ @WISN_Watson 1h1 hour ago
Find me something more Wisconsin. I dare you. Cell phone clipped to the jersey is a new one. #Packers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK2t0NRVoAAQnK5.jpg:large

JohnMexico
09-28-2017, 11:00 PM
Really losing the fervor for this season due to the injuries it mostly seeing what happened to Adams..

We do not have a running game, no disrespect to Jones.

The positive mojo is non-existent. I still hate Randall.

Wanted to see Trubisky. But good ol boy John Fox even fucked that up. End the game before someone else gets hurt.

mraynrand
09-28-2017, 11:03 PM
APRH should be PNRH (players never remain healthy)

Zool
09-28-2017, 11:05 PM
ASPRH?( Some)

denverYooper
09-28-2017, 11:09 PM
And where in the world is Damarious Randall?

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Mike Pereira‏Verified account @MikePereira 45m45 minutes ago
More
First crown of the helmet called in 4 years. 2 were called in 2013 which was the 1st year of the rule. Brutal. I would eject to keep order.

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 22m22 minutes ago
Jason Wilde Retweeted Jason Wilde
#Packers confirm that Damarious Randall is not on the sideline with the team and is not injured. Photo is from when he was pulled earlier.

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:22 PM
#Movement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK3IoHjU8AAoMTj.jpg:large

Bossman641
09-28-2017, 11:35 PM
Randall got benched and left the sideline? what a moron

Joemailman
09-28-2017, 11:37 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b2/fc/0e/b2fc0e03ed0c8f9eb8223ce58d69a197.jpg

mraynrand
09-28-2017, 11:37 PM
How did Chicago beat Pittsburgh?

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:39 PM
How did Chicago beat Pittsburgh?

How'd they almost beat Atlanta?

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Randall got benched and left the sideline? what a moron

I don't think he came out after halftime.

Fosco33
09-28-2017, 11:46 PM
I don't think he came out after halftime.

M3 said 'internal matter'. Hmm, doesn't bode well for Randall. What a dumbass.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2017, 11:47 PM
First crown of the helmet called in 4 years.

amazing

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:48 PM
Lost the time of possession battle again.

Team CB GB
First Downs 20 16
Passes for First 11 9
Rushes for First 7 5
Penalties for First 2 2
Third Down Efficiency 5-12 6-13
Fourth Down Efficiency 2-2 1-1
Total Yards 306 260
Total Plays 64 53
Avg Gain Per Play 4.8 4.9
Net Yards Rushing 103 91
Rushes 30 24
Yards Per Rush 3.4 3.8

Stat Name
Net Yards Passing 203 169
Comp-Att 21-33 19-27
Yards Per Pass 6.0 5.8
Times Sacked 1 2
Yds Lost To Sacks 13 10
Interceptions Thrown 2 0

Punts 3 5
Punt Average 49.0 47.6
Penalties 8 7
Penalty Yards 60 55
Fumbles 2 0
Fumbles Lost 2 0

Time of Possession 31:51 28:09

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2017, 11:50 PM
How'd they almost beat Atlanta?

I picked Bears to beat pack based on how they looked earlier.

I think Pack played very well, but the Bears looked like preseason football. Terrible everywhere.

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:55 PM
Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 49s49 seconds ago
McCarthy on Davante Adams: "So far everything looks positive. He’s already giving them a hard time at the hospital to get out of there."

Mike McCarthy on Damarious Randall not being on #Packers' bench after being benched: "It’s an internal matter and we’re working through it."

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy: I thought @AaronRodgers12 was flawless tonight. #CHIvsGB

McCarthy: Defense was huge tonight with 4 takeaways. Sometimes they come in bunches & they came in bunches tonight. #CHIvsGB

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
Davon House called the hit on Davante Adams “dirty” and “disgusting.” House said he hopes his own son doesn’t play offense for that reason.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 18m18 minutes ago
#Packers official injury list per @JTWahlers:
Montgomery - Ribs
J. Williams - Knee
Thomas - Ankle
D.Adams - Head/Neck

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:56 PM
Lane Taylor played RT for one snap at Oklahoma St. spring game. Otherwise, never played there.

pbmax
09-28-2017, 11:57 PM
All time series 95-94-6. Packers with one game lead, first since 1933.

If they should happen to win the rematch Nov 12, the 2 game lead would match the all time high, which was 11-9-4 in 1932 and 10-8-3 in 1931.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 12:05 AM
Green Bay Packers‏Verified account @packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on @Showtyme_33: I was very confident. Have been a big fan of his from the beginning. He's a natural runner. Did a great job.

@Showytyme_33 is Aaron Jones

Green Bay Packers‏ @packers 1m1 minute ago
Rodgers: We're 3-1. Lot to be proud of with the way the offensive line played, defense controlled the line of scrimmage. #CHIvsGB

Joemailman
09-29-2017, 12:07 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/29/instant-analysis-of-packers-35-14-win-over-bears-in-week-4/

– Cornerback Damarious Randall gave up a touchdown right before the half and didn’t play again. He was saddled up on the bench to start the second half and eventually left the field. He wasn’t injured. Josh Hawkins replaced Randall on the outside, while Morgan Burnett remained Green Bay’s top option in the slot over Quinten Rollins.

JohnMexico
09-29-2017, 12:08 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/29/instant-analysis-of-packers-35-14-win-over-bears-in-week-4/

And hopefully that is the end of the Damarious Randall chapter

pbmax
09-29-2017, 12:38 AM
Michael Cohen

Referee John Hussey on why Trevathan was not ejected: "From my perspective I just didn't see enough to have it rise to that level." #Packers

Hussey cont'd: "Was it egregious, was it completely unnecessary? I didn't have enough information from my perspective to make that (call)."

pbmax
09-29-2017, 12:40 AM
PackerReport

Matthews said Adams is begging to get out of the hospital. All signs sound positive.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 12:41 AM
WesHod

Jordy Nelson said his kneeling after second touchdown pass was a prayer for Davante Adams. Was heading to hospital after interview #Packers

SkinBasket
09-29-2017, 05:29 AM
Michael Cohen

Referee John Hussey on why Trevathan was not ejected: "From my perspective I just didn't see enough to have it rise to that level." #Packers

Hussey cont'd: "Was it egregious, was it completely unnecessary? I didn't have enough information from my perspective to make that (call)."

Perhaps they should have called him for taking his helmet off his fat ugly face and ejected him for two personal fouls in one play.

Cheesehead Craig
09-29-2017, 07:26 AM
Just glad the Pack handily beat a bad team

Fritz
09-29-2017, 07:28 AM
It has not been mentioned amidst the plethora of injuries, but the Packers may have finally found a punter.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 08:03 AM
It has not been mentioned amidst the plethora of injuries, but the Packers may have finally found a punter.

No kidding. Three games in and maybe one or two shanks, otherwise solid.

The new snapper was OK too. TAYBOR™

mraynrand
09-29-2017, 08:21 AM
TAYBOR™

It could be worse. Some balding middle-aged guy at a charity dinner could confuse him with TE Ryan Taylor, who is no longer on the team...

Tony Oday
09-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Jones actually looked like a running back. Monty is not good at all.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 09:34 AM
I am not holding my breath.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 53m53 minutes ago
#Bears LB Danny Trevathan’s hit on Davante Adams is being reviewed for a possible suspension, source said.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2017, 09:40 AM
I am not holding my breath.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 53m53 minutes ago
#Bears LB Danny Trevathan’s hit on Davante Adams is being reviewed for a possible suspension, source said.

Of course, he'll be suspended--the week they play the Vikings and we could use a Bears win.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 26m26 minutes ago
#Packers RB Jamaal Williams is believed to have suffered a knee sprain last night, source said. MRI to confirm. But likely to miss time.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2017, 09:48 AM
If Montgomery can stay healthy, a fairly big if, he's a damn good RB. Add to that his way above average pass catching ability, and he's our obvious top choice as a starter. I've said all along, Williams was the worst of the three rookies. With Jones as the #2 and maybe Mays as the #3, we are pretty well set - way more than with Williams who might not be half if he had a line that could block, but goes nowhere with the Packers.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2017, 10:15 AM
I agree with Tex. Montgomery will be fine at RB, if he can stay healthy. Jamal Williams does nothing for me. He's good in pass pro, but Ripkowski can give you pass pro with little running ability. By the end of the year, I think you'll see Montgomery and Jones (supplanting Williams) in a time share. Mays may even get a chance to move past Williams. Jones and Mays just have to show they can be trusted in pass pro. Their running ability is superior to Williams.

Tony Oday
09-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Monty can't hit a hole to save his life, arm tackled all the time, falls sideways, can't block...yeah start getting his bust ready for the hall.

Pugger
09-29-2017, 10:24 AM

Agreed. It was too bad we didn't have a TO to challenge that play where Vogel got hit after that punt. How he got it out of there is a wonder.

Pugger
09-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Monty can't hit a hole to save his life, arm tackled all the time, falls sideways, can't block...yeah start getting his bust ready for the hall.

I thought Ty was running pretty well before he injured his rib(s). I think you are being a bit harsh here.

Fritz
09-29-2017, 10:45 AM
If Montgomery can stay healthy, a fairly big if, he's a damn good RB. Add to that his way above average pass catching ability, and he's our obvious top choice as a starter. I've said all along, Williams was the worst of the three rookies. With Jones as the #2 and maybe Mays as the #3, we are pretty well set - way more than with Williams who might not be half if he had a line that could block, but goes nowhere with the Packers.

Tex, we don't often agree, but here's a point in which I am in full agreement - Williams looks like the jaggiest of jags. Guy never seems to find a hole or a crease, doesn't move the pile, doesn't do much at all. If he was playing because of his pass blocking, then hell, just put Rip in there. At least he can move the pile a yard or two.

Jones has more shake in his movement and seems to look for, and find, the crease. Mays I can't say much about, as I have not really seen him.

Cheesehead Craig
09-29-2017, 11:06 AM
I said it during the game, Williams sure can hit the pile real fast. He reminds me of Anthony Thompson when he was with the Pack back in the day. Just had a knack for finding the pile and running straight at it.

MadScientist
09-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Well the if is already a no.

mraynrand
09-29-2017, 11:25 AM
I said it during the game, Williams sure can hit the pile real fast. He reminds me of Anthony Thompson when he was with the Pack back in the day. Just had a knack for finding the pile and running straight at it.

Darrell Thompson? The Gopher?

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 26m26 minutes ago
#Packers RB Jamaal Williams is believed to have suffered a knee sprain last night, source said. MRI to confirm. But likely to miss time.

Good thing they kept all 3 rookie running backs. I knew they'd be needed.

mraynrand
09-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Good thing they kept all 3 rookie running backs. I knew they'd be needed.

:)

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Well the if is already a no.

Cobb came back strong in a week from a "chest" injury; Hopefully Montgomery's ain't any worse. I wouldn't bet against him playing in the Cowboys game.

Cheesehead Craig
09-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Darrell Thompson? The Gopher?

Yeah that one. Sorry got the Thompson Twins confused.

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2017, 11:40 AM
So what happened to Randall? We all know he left, but nobody has elaborated as far as I know. Wilde was alluding to him being done with the Packers supposedly??????

pbmax
09-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Weird. I saw Williams being more effective with a worse O line (2nd team versus a few D starters) in preseason.

But he was not explosive. Just seemed to hit the correct hole and push forward. He might be just a guy. But I'd like to see him get more than 4 carries before writing him off. Jones is smaller than Monty, though at 5' 9", 208 pounds looks different.

If Monty is inactive, might get to see Mays too.

run pMc
09-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Montgomery has cracked/broken ribs. We'll see if he plays at Dallas, and how much. It looks to my untrained eyes like Williams isn't quite patient enough (yet) and isn't waiting that half beat for the blocks to develop. It's also hard to tell with a patchwork OL. Jones seemed to do better, so who knows.
On that note, you gotta give the OL some credit for holding up against the Bears, as well as MM actually tailoring the play calls to limit Rodgers from getting hit.
Vogel did really well.

I'd also like to thank Mike Glennon and give him a honorary Cutler for gifting the Packers 4 turnovers. That was the key to the game IMO. Without those, this game would have been very different. The Bears played very sloppy, and it warmed my heart to watch the Pack regain the lead in the all-time series.

red
09-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Anyone still think the only thing keeping Randall from the pro bowl is injuries?

I have said in the past, he showed the same signs of being completely lost before the injury and well after the injury, no we see it again this year

His problem is in his head.

Last night he gets beat bad, then he does his trademark dance that we see every time he gets torched. He throws his hands up and throws a fit because there was no help. But, like most cases, there was no help to give him. It was his fault. He mopes his way to the bench still throwing a fit and sits on a bench far from his teammates and won't talk to anyone. He then gets benched at halftime. House is seen on the bench, he says he was trying to get his head back in the game. At this point, the whole team is standing and watching the game, except Randall. And some point he either leaves on his own, or told to go the fuck home. He's gone from the locker room before the game is even over

This kid is damaged goods, and an immature, me first little diva

Cut the cord

red
09-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Adams is home from the hospital with just a concussion, nothing more

Great news

Maxie the Taxi
09-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Anyone still think the only thing keeping Randall from the pro bowl is injuries?

I have said in the past, he showed the same signs of being completely lost before the injury and well after the injury, no we see it again this year

His problem is in his head.

Last night he gets beat bad, then he does his trademark dance that we see every time he gets torched. He throws his hands up and throws a fit because there was no help. But, like most cases, there was no help to give him. It was his fault. He mopes his way to the bench still throwing a fit and sits on a bench far from his teammates and won't talk to anyone. He then gets benched at halftime. House is seen on the bench, he says he was trying to get his head back in the game. At this point, the whole team is standing and watching the game, except Randall. And some point he either leaves on his own, or told to go the fuck home. He's gone from the locker room before the game is even over

This kid is damaged goods, and an immature, me first little diva

Cut the cord

Agree with everything you said except the last sentence. Maybe the kid is a reincarnation of Ahmad Carroll...but maybe he's still salvageable. Just move him down the depth chart and let him get his head straight. He might just come around. He's got the tools.

mission
09-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Did you guys pay attention to the reply on that touchdown that 23 gave up? He jumped (literally hopped) the slant route that wasn't even there. Every other defender had a matchup, have no idea who he thought was supposed to help him. Or why he jumps at the snap. Horrible mechanics.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 12:35 PM
He does need to get his head straight. And the communication issue seems to be fixable. Don't throw him overboard yet.

But in better news:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 30s30 seconds ago
Packers RB Jamaal Williams MRI results came back negative - no ligament damage, purely muscular, per source. Could miss next game, not more.

red
09-29-2017, 01:52 PM
randall got into an argument with an unnamed coach on the sideline and was sent to the locker room, which he then left before the game was over

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/29/report-damarious-randall-left-stadium-after-argument-with-coach/

so the guy quit on his team

fuck him

denverYooper
09-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Lost the time of possession battle again.

Team CB GB
First Downs 20 16
Passes for First 11 9
Rushes for First 7 5
Penalties for First 2 2
Third Down Efficiency 5-12 6-13
Fourth Down Efficiency 2-2 1-1
Total Yards 306 260
Total Plays 64 53
Avg Gain Per Play 4.8 4.9
Net Yards Rushing 103 91
Rushes 30 24
Yards Per Rush 3.4 3.8

Stat Name
Net Yards Passing 203 169
Comp-Att 21-33 19-27
Yards Per Pass 6.0 5.8
Times Sacked 1 2
Yds Lost To Sacks 13 10
Interceptions Thrown 2 0

Punts 3 5
Punt Average 49.0 47.6
Penalties 8 7
Penalty Yards 60 55
Fumbles 2 0
Fumbles Lost 2 0

Time of Possession 31:51 28:09

Chicago had that long, methodical drive in the 4th quarter to bleed the clock.

Smidgeon
09-29-2017, 03:12 PM
randall got into an argument with an unnamed coach on the sideline and was sent to the locker room, which he then left before the game was over

so the guy quit on his team

fuck him

I saw that and my only response was, "Wow". Not even Dez or any of the other "prima donnas" in the NFL left the stadium when throwing their fits.

What's going on in his head?

pittstang5
09-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Welp, I guess I can't watch anymore Packer games this season. I didn't watch a lick last night, didn't even check the score. I was having a great night and didn't want to ruin it watching the Packers lay an egg. Woke up this morning to a Packer Victory. What a great feeling!! However, the injuries, although they don't seem too serious, are continuing to pile up. When will the bleeding stop? Can we have one game where someone doesn't get hurt?

oldbutnotdeadyet
09-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Welp, I guess I can't watch anymore Packer games this season. I didn't watch a lick last night, didn't even check the score. I was having a great night and didn't want to ruin it watching the Packers lay an egg. Woke up this morning to a Packer Victory. What a great feeling!! However, the injuries, although they don't seem too serious, are continuing to pile up. When will the bleeding stop? Can we have one game where someone doesn't get hurt?

Nope...

Bossman641
09-29-2017, 04:09 PM
I saw that and my only response was, "Wow". Not even Dez or any of the other "prima donnas" in the NFL left the stadium when throwing their fits.

His instincts and reactions would lead me to say "nothing"

red
09-29-2017, 04:12 PM

you can always stop watching and just blame it on the black guys kneeling last week like others have done

red
09-29-2017, 04:13 PM
His instincts and reactions would lead me to say "nothing"

i was gonna say "not much"

mraynrand
09-29-2017, 04:28 PM
you can always stop watching and just blame it on the black guys kneeling last week like others have done

They're not responsible for the injuries.

red
09-29-2017, 04:29 PM
you're still here?

mraynrand
09-29-2017, 04:35 PM
you're still here?

No

Smidgeon
09-29-2017, 04:59 PM

A source told ESPN on Friday that Randall did not leave the stadium during the game. He remained at Lambeau Field until well after the game had ended, the source said.

So didn't leave until after the game?

red
09-29-2017, 05:16 PM
So didn't leave until after the game?
nfln vs espn

who's sources are right?

MadScientist
09-29-2017, 05:49 PM
The more I think about it, it sounds like Randall thought the coverage was going to be zone, and just interpreted the signal he saw as a zone call, even though it was man. He got upset, believing he had seen something he didn't and that he didn't deserve the benching. Coaches weren't having any of that crap sent him to the locker room for a time out.

Let him ride the pine or be inactive for a couple of weeks and see if he learns his lesson.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Turns out Packers RB Ty Montgomery’s rib injury is not as bad as GB thought, per source. Montgomery is day to day and could play vs. Dallas.

Finally, an MRI machine is making the Packers healthier.

red
09-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Turns out Packers RB Ty Montgomery’s rib injury is not as bad as GB thought, per source. Montgomery is day to day and could play vs. Dallas.

Finally, an MRI machine is making the Packers healthier.

so he'll be on the IR within 2 weeks?

gbgary
09-29-2017, 06:46 PM
I thought Ty was running pretty well before he injured his rib(s). I think you are being a bit harsh here.

he was hurt on the first play.

evidently he's not hurt as bad as expected. he's day-to-day... like the rest of us.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2017, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't be too rough on Randall if this is his first offense. A coach "getting into an argument" with a player ain't automatically right. I'd sooner get rid of Randall if he was damaged goods on the field, and he's been a little bit better this year than last. Against some better passing teams, we're gonna need more Corners than against the Bears.

Williams was a starting RB for a major college team for several years. If he still hasn't learned the patience to wait for blocking, then I doubt it's suddenly gonna snap into his head now. I'll take either Jones or Mays over him any day.

I, for one, get a little bit tired of this whining and negativity of some people over injuries. I thought from the start Montgomery's injury was not long term and hopefully Adams too. It seems to be shaping up for both to play against Dallas. Daniels is the one I really want to see play in that game, though. IMO, the drop off of talents after him and Clark is bigger than any other position group - except, of course QB.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 08:59 PM
so he'll be on the IR within 2 weeks?

First, its day to day, then its IR.

pbmax
09-29-2017, 09:39 PM
On Romo: https://deadspin.com/ive-had-enough-of-charles-barkley-1818854666

Rams at Cowboys: Speaking of Romo, I think other announcers are starting to feel the heat now that Romo has become the insta-darling of the booth. Brent Musburger is already noticeably irritable about such a cocky young upstart HACKING the announcing space. I think these guys are terrified that someone has come along and actually been useful in the booth. They know they’re fungible, especially now that ESPN fired everyone. Chris Spielman did the Bucs/Vikings game last week and I swear to you he was downright ebullient. He was diagnosing coverages and spitting with excitement and I was like, “Who the fuck is doing this game? Wait, is that Spielman?” Romo has everyone scared shitless, man.

Smidgeon
09-29-2017, 10:25 PM
On Romo: https://deadspin.com/ive-had-enough-of-charles-barkley-1818854666

And I love it. Finally the booth has someone since Madden who teaches people things. Even when Romo guesses wrong, he explains why he came to that guess, what the typical call would be. When Romo's wrong, it makes me appreciate the nuances of play calling even more.

But more than that, he's explaining why things happen a certain way. Calling out the nuances of the fake pick TD by Cobb was something no one else would have caught.

I like that he's not afraid to be critical either. Sure, he needs some polish, but he minces nothing, and I learn more.

Tony Oday
09-30-2017, 08:48 AM
I've said it since the first time I heard Romo, he is this generations Madden. My wife loves the explanations, she knows football but never played and obviously doesn't know some of the offensive calls or that more than one play can be called instead of just audibleing. He should have a football video game like Madden ;)

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2017, 08:53 AM
My preferred method of watching Packer games is no sound at all. Of course, that doesn't fly with my wife or guests. Romo, at least, is diminishing my urge to mute the volume.

Rutnstrut
09-30-2017, 01:03 PM
he was hurt on the first play.

evidently he's not hurt as bad as expected. he's day-to-day... like the rest of us.

It doesn't really matter he will be hurt again and again and again...

pbmax
09-30-2017, 01:21 PM
It doesn't really matter he will be hurt again and again and again...

Listen, do you want McCarthy to switch up running backs or don't you? :lol:

Don't look an injured horse in the mouth.

gbgary
09-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Danny Trevathan has been suspended 2 games by the NFL.

texaspackerbacker
09-30-2017, 06:37 PM

I want him to switch up BACK UP running backs. Play Montgomery primarily if he is healthy, but sit Williams even if he can play in favor of Jones and Mays.

Rutnstrut
09-30-2017, 10:19 PM

Knowing stubby he'll just put Cobb in the backfield.

pbmax
10-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Knowing stubby he'll just put Cobb in the backfield.

He would, wouldn't he :D

But with Cobb just gotten over his own injury, I think that will be limited. I think Ripper gets third down for a while and that is OK.

Joemailman
10-02-2017, 04:34 PM
We won't have Mike Glennon to kick around anymore. Bears going with Trubisky. Glennon now becomes the highest paid backup QB in NFL history.

gbgary
10-03-2017, 11:28 AM
We won't have Mike Glennon to kick around anymore. Bears going with Trubisky. Glennon now becomes the highest paid backup QB in NFL history.

glad we missed trubisky last game but it just means he'll be at home next time and have a few games under his belt. i think he'll be very good.

Guiness
10-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Close, but no cigar I believe. Glennon averages $15M, Osweiler makes $16M last and this year both.

Tony Oday
10-03-2017, 01:09 PM
glad we missed trubisky last game but it just means he'll be at home next time and have a few games under his belt. i think he'll be very good.

Bears are being short sighted starting him against a Defense that gives AR fits.

gbgary
10-04-2017, 11:08 AM
saw a tid bit this morning that showed King has a better passer rating allowed in coverage than Patrick Peterson, Desmond Trufant, and Marcus Peters. he's the 6th most targeted cb in the league so he's given up some yards. so far he's faced Julio Jones and AJ Green. this week it will be Dez who only catches 40% of his targets.

gbgary
10-04-2017, 11:10 AM
i see the Packers slotted into the #2 spot on some of the sites. i don't understand that at all. 7-10 seems more correct at this point. idk

hoosier
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I suspect they are accounting for injuries and for preseason prognostications, most of which had the Packers as a prime SB contender. Which teams are clearly above the Packers right now? KC is the only one that stands out. You could argue for Pittsburgh but they're coming off a bad loss at Chicago, a team GB just finishing stomping and kicking to the curb. Detroit is another possibility but they have a habit of starting strong and fading. Philly is another possibility but they weren't expected to do much and will need to do it more consistently before people accept that they are for real. Same thing for Lambs. New England, Dallas, Seattle and Atlanta have struggled. I don't see any problem with ranking Pack 2-4.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2017, 04:22 PM
The main take away from early season is the Packers have more depth on offensive line than anybody expected. Well, maybe Tex, but that guy is certified nuts.

I don't know how good they are, early part of season can be deceptive. Rodgers sure looks damn good to me.

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2017, 07:29 PM
hahahahaha Yeah right about the O Line, Harlan.

What we have is the world's greatest QB - who indeed does look damn good, as always. Mobility like he has makes up for a lot of crap in the O Line, but it sure would be nice to see how good he would be if he had blocking like Brady or even like almost any other QB in the league.

Pugger
10-05-2017, 07:37 AM
hahahahaha Yeah right about the O Line, Harlan.

What we have is the world's greatest QB - who indeed does look damn good, as always. Mobility like he has makes up for a lot of crap in the O Line, but it sure would be nice to see how good he would be if he had blocking like Brady or even like almost any other QB in the league.

Once we get both Bak and Bulaga back our O line will only make Rodgers look even better.

mraynrand
10-05-2017, 08:40 AM
The surprise to me was that Lane Taylor (Taybor) could play Left tackle. After the Murphy debacle that was an unexpected bonus.

Pugger
10-05-2017, 09:36 AM
The surprise to me was that Lane Taylor (Taybor) could play Left tackle. After the Murphy debacle that was an unexpected bonus.

Yes, it was good to see Taylor play LT so well. I feel a little better about the line this week if Bak can't go.

Smidgeon
10-05-2017, 11:29 AM

Now if he can play center, he's the next JC Tretter who was the next Mike Flanagan.

pbmax
10-05-2017, 12:33 PM
TAYBOR™ is getting fan mail now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLPH6UHXoAEnJmp.jpg:large

Fritz
10-05-2017, 12:59 PM
TAYBOR™ is getting fan mail now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLPH6UHXoAEnJmp.jpg:large

Hmm. "Norman Gratz" is either a young fan, or an old man.

If it's the former, it's sad that a boy in 2017 is stuck with such a name. If it's the latter, it's sad that a grown, probably old, man is writing fan mail . . . and to a long-snapper to boot.